- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
DGAP-News: HAEMATO AG / Key word(s): 9 Month figures/Quarterly / Interim Statement
HAEMATO AG reports figures for the 3rd quarter of 2021: Further increase in revenue and earnings as well as confirmation of revenue and earnings expectations for 2021
- HAEMATO continues to grow: consolidated revenue in the third quarter of 2021 increased by 9% year-over-year to EUR 65.1 million. From 1 January to 30 September 2021, consolidated revenue rose to 216.6 million euros. This corresponds to a growth of 23 % compared to the same period of the previous year.
- Group EBIT increased to 1.4 million euros in the third quarter of 2021 and was more than doubled compared to the previous year (0.6 million euros). For the first nine months of 2021, Group EBIT totals 8.6 million euros; this corresponds to an EBIT margin of 4.0 % (previous year 1.0 %).
- Equity has increased in the current financial year from 125.5 million euros to 142.7 million euros as of 30 September 2021. This corresponds to an equity ratio of 83.5 % (31.12.2020: 74.2 %).
- The forecast for the current financial year is confirmed. For 2021, consolidated sales of 280 million to 300 million euros and EBIT of 9 million to 11 million euros are still expected.
Berlin, 18 November 2021 - HAEMATO AG (ISIN: DE000289VV1) continued its growth course in the third quarter and increased its turnover by 8.8% to 65.1 million euros compared to the same quarter of the previous year (59.8 million euros). The sales growth in Q3/2021 was primarily achieved by focusing on special pharmaceuticals for chronic diseases and products related to aesthetic medicine. For the first nine months of 2021, revenues totalled 216.6 million euros (previous year: 175.6 million euros), representing year-over-year growth of 23.3%.
HAEMATO was able to disproportionately increase the result from ordinary activities (EBITDA) as well as the operating result before interest and taxes (EBIT) in Q3 2021. Group EBITDA rose to 1.7 million euros (previous year: 1.0 million euros) and Group EBIT to 1.4 million euros (previous year: 0.6 million euros).
For the first nine months of 2021, Group EBITDA increased from 3.1 million euros (previous year) to 9.7 million euros, while EBIT rose from 1.8 million euros (previous year) to 8.6 million euros. The EBIT margin rose disproportionately from 1.0% (1.01. - 30.9.2020) to 4.0% (1.01. - 30.9.2021). A major reason for the increase in earnings is the improvement in the gross margin, which increased from 7.5 % (previous year) to 10.5 % in the reporting period January to September 2021
Due to the current development of the pandemic and the increasing importance of Covid-19 tests in companies and schools, HAEMATO is currently receiving an increasing number of enquiries and requests to participate in public tenders for the sale of medical products in the field of "diagnostics" (in particular Covid-19 antigen rapid tests). A perception of these sales opportunities is made on a case-by-case basis.
As a result of the strong nine-month figures for 2021 and the new incoming orders achieved so far, HAEMATO confirms the forecast for the full year, which was raised in August 2021, with annual sales of 280 to 300 million euros and EBIT of 9 to 11 million euros. The expected increase in EBIT in 2021 is the result of the implementation of the strategy with a focus on higher-margin business segments and the expansion of the "Lifestyle & Aesthetics" product area, which have very pleasing margin profiles.
To further expand the private label segment, HAEMATO PHARM GmbH concluded an exclusive licence and supply agreement with the pharmaceutical company Huons BioPharma Co., Ltd. in South Korea on 25 October 2021 for a botulinum toxin product known in Korea under the brand names LIZTOX(R) and HUTOX(R). By distributing a botulinum toxin product under its own brand, HAEMATO is further expanding its "Lifestyle & Aesthetics" division. Both parties are planning a European approval procedure, including clinical trials, for the product to be approved in Europe. The attractively priced product will then be marketed in all European markets.
HAEMATO AG was founded in 1993 and is a pharmaceutical company with a focus on trading in high-priced special pharmaceuticals (with a therapeutic focus on oncology, HIV, rheumatology, and other chronic diseases) as well as the development and distribution of medical products and own brands, particularly in the area of "Lifestyle & Aesthetics". HAEMATO AG is listed on the Basic Board (Open Market) of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Further information can be found at www.haemato.de.
18.11.2021 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
+49 (0)30 897 30 86 70
+49 (0)30 897 30 86 79
Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt (Basic Board), Hamburg, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange
EQS News ID:
End of News
DGAP News Service