The hospital acquired infection control market is expected to witness a CAGR of 7. 3% during the forecast period. Certain factors that have been driving the market growth include the increase in hospital stay due to chronic diseases and surgeries, a rise in the incidences of different types of hospital-acquired infections, and innovative technologies implemented in devices that control infection.
New York, Nov. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p05826224/?utm_source=GNW
- Hospital acquired infections are usually caused by pathogens, which spread at a very fast rate in the body. Due to the patients’ weak immune system and poor conditions in a hospital, the infections spread at a greater speed than the normal infections.
- These infections have been treated by taking antibiotics, by following a proper and healthy diet, and by encouraging the natural healing process. The infection can be prevented by keeping the hospital facility premises clean.
- The most common type of hospital acquired infections is a urinary tract infection. The increase in incidences of different types of hospital acquired infections, innovative technologies implemented in devices that control infection, awareness regarding the use of personalized medicines, and cost-effective drugs to treat hospital-acquired infections are some of the factors that have been driving the growth of the studied market.
Key Market Trends
Disinfectant is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share in the Product Type
Disinfection is referred to as a process, which eliminates many or all pathogenic microorganisms, except the bacterial spores from inanimate objects. This is accomplished by the use of liquid chemicals or wet pasteurization. The efficiency of disinfection has been affected by several factors, each of which may limit the efficacy of the process. Some of the factors, which have been shown to affect disinfection efficacy are the earlier cleaning of the object, the organic load on the item, the type and level of microbial impurity, the physical configuration of the object (e.g., crevices, hinges, and lumens), the concentration of exposure time to the germicide, and the pH and temperature of the disinfection process. The US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) maintains a list of high-level disinfectants that can be used to reprocess heat-sensitive medical devices, such as flexible endoscopes.
North America Dominates the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), even though significant progress has been made in stopping some healthcare-associated infection types from spreading, there is still much more work to be done. On any given day, in the United States, around one in 31 hospital patients has at least one healthcare-associated infection. North America, especially the United States and Canada, has made significant progress toward the collective goal of abolishing these HAIs, and as a result, healthcare in this region has become safer now than it was even 10 years ago. Building upon this success and continuing toward the elimination of hospital-acquired infections is critical, and this has contributed to the largest market share of North America.
The hospital acquired infection control market is highly competitive and consists of several players. Companies, like 3M Company, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Belimed AG, Biomerieux Sa, Cantel Medical, Ethicon, Getinge Group, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Sterigenics International LLC, and Steris Corporation, among others, hold the substantial market share in the hospital acquired infection control market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05826224/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001