IKEA is hiring its first ever Chief Play Officer – and the role is strictly open to children aged 4-12 only.
The new job listing, which has been posted on LinkedIn, says the successful candidate will be in charge of testing new toys before they launch in IKEA stores across the UK and Ireland for one whole year, making sure they're fit for other children to play with. And, all tested toys will be the successful candidate's to keep.
The new home-based, part-time job opening is part of IKEA's ongoing mission to encourage play and creativity in the home. It comes as new research reveals that per year, children are spending an average of 254 hours less on play than their parents did at their age.
Plus, almost three fifths (59 per cent) are playing less now than they did before the coronavirus pandemic, with three quarters (74 per cent) of parents noticing a change in their child's mood.
For parents reading this thinking their child could be the right candidate, here's the full details including how to apply:
IKEA's Job specification
Do your kids love play and adventure? Do they spend hours turning everyday objects into playthings? Have they transformed your sheets and chairs into magical castles and dens or your mattress into a trampoline? Well, at IKEA UK & Ireland we think it’s incredibly important to encourage play, which is why we’re searching for our very first Chief Play Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for testing IKEA's new toys in 2021 before they go on sale in the UK and Ireland, making sure they’re fun for other children to play with.
- Chief Play Officer
- Part-time role: Testing new products whenever there’s a new launch
- Salary: All tested toys will be yours to keep
- Based at: Home
What We're Looking For
- A child passionate about toys who enjoys play
- Must be aged between 4-12 years-old
- Strictly no grown-up applicants
- Creativity is key: the successful candidate will have a vivid imagination and enjoy creating things
- Candidates should submit their application to email@example.com
- Applications can take the form of an email, video or anything else – be as creative as you want, and have fun with it!
- Applications are open now until 4th January 2021
· The role will last until 31st December 2021
IKEA's recent toy launches include the new BYGGLEK collection in collaboration with LEGO which provides functional and playful storage solutions, and the JÄTTELIK range which blurs the lines between fantasy and reality with dinosaur-themed soft toys and bedroom accessories. There's also the sixth annual SAGOSKATT collection – a range of soft toys designed by children, for children, with all proceeds going to Barnardo's, IKEA's national charity partner.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
In need of some positivity or not able to make it to the shops? Subscribe to House Beautiful magazine today and get each issue delivered directly to your door.
You Might Also Like