Dublin, Sept. 15, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Cards & Payments Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global cards & payments market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global cards & payments market is expected to grow from $721.9 billion in 2019 to $722.4 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1%. The low growth is mainly due to economic slowdown across countries owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 9% from 2021 and reach $909.1 billion in 2023.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3 working days of order.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the cards & payments? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Cards & Payments market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider cards & payments market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The cards & payments market section of the report gives context. It compares the cards & payments market with other segments of the lending and payments market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, cards & payments indicators comparison.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global cards & payments market, accounting for 33% of the market in 2019. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for 23% of the global cards & payments market. South America was the smallest region in the global cards & payments market.
The global payments industry has witnessed rapid increase in the adoption of EMV technology. This growth is driven by a higher level of data security offered by EMV chip and PIN cards as compared to traditional magnetic stripe cards. EMV is a security standard for various payment cards including debit, credit, charge and prepaid cards. The chip carries data of the cardholder and the account, which is protected using both hardware and software security measures. According to global technical body EMVCo, the number of EMV chip payment cards across the world reached 4.8 billion by the end of 2015. In line with the rest of the world, the adoption rate of EMV chip payment cards has steadily grown across various regions in world, reaching 71.7% in Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean region, 61.2% in Africa and the Middle East region, and 32.7% in Asia-Pacific region.
The cards and payments market consists of sales of cards and payments services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that engage in storing, processing and transmitting payment card data. The card and payments industry includes issuing and acquiring banks, card processing and issuing companies, payment processing institutions such as banks, and non-banking financial corporations. Revenues generated from the cards and payments market include the processing and services fees or commissions levied by the banks and financial institutions for payment processing. This market excludes interest charged by the banks on credit cards or other cards.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Cards & Payments Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Cards & Payments Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Cards & Payments Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Cards & Payments Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Cards & Payments Market Trends And Strategies
8. Cards & Payments Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Cards & Payments Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Cards & Payments Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Cards & Payments Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Cards & Payments Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Cards & Payments Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Cards & Payments Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
10.2. Global Cards & Payments Market, Segmentation By Institution Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
11. Cards & Payments Market Segments
11.1. Global Cards Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Credit Card; Debit Card; Charge Card; Prepaid Card
11.2. Global Payments Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - B2B; B2C; C2C; C2B
12. Cards & Payments Market Metrics
12.1. Cards & Payments Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2015-2023, Global
12.2. Per Capita Average Cards & Payments Market Expenditure, 2015-2023, Global
13. Asia-Pacific Cards & Payments Market
14. Western Europe Cards & Payments Market
15. Eastern Europe Cards & Payments Market
16. North America Cards & Payments Market
17. South America Cards & Payments Market
18. Middle East Cards & Payments Market
19. Africa Cards & Payments Market
20. Cards & Payments Market Competitive Landscape
20.1. Competitive Market Overview
20.2. Market Shares
20.3. Company Profiles
20.3.1. American Express Company
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products And Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
184.108.40.206. Company Overview
220.127.116.11. Products And Services
18.104.22.168. Financial Performance
20.3.3. Bank of America
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products And Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
184.108.40.206. Company Overview
220.127.116.11. Products And Services
18.104.22.168. Financial Performance
22.214.171.124. Company Overview
126.96.36.199. Products And Services
188.8.131.52. Financial Performance
21. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Cards & Payments Market
22. Market Background: Lending And Payments Market
22.1. Lending And Payments Market Characteristics
22.2. Lending And Payments Market Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F Growth, By Segment, Value ($ Billion), Global
22.3. Global Lending And Payments Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
22.4. Global Lending And Payments Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
22.5. Global Lending And Payments Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Segmentation By Type, Value ($ Billion)
23.1. Global Cards & Payments Market In 2023- Growth Countries
23.2. Global Cards & Payments Market In 2023- Growth Segments
23.3. Global Cards & Payments Market In 2023- Growth Strategies
25. Copyright And Disclaimer
- American Express Company
- Bank of America
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ailujq
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900