Dublin, Sept. 10, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Dyes & Pigments Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for Dyes & Pigments is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are growing demand from the paint & coating industries of Europe and Asia-Pacific, and rising demand from the textile industry. By end-user industry, the paint & coating segment is expected to dominate the market, in terms of revenue.
The industry faces several concerns regarding the emission of harmful VOCs from coatings. Conventional petroleum-based products are constantly coming under scrutiny, due to the increasing effort to reduce carbon footprint. These concerns have encouraged the emergence of bio-based solvents and pigments for exceptional bio-degradable properties. As consumers become more conscious of environmental impact and sustainability, organizations are expected to be more heavily impacted by their commitment towards minimizing the environmental footprint from their existing and upcoming products.
In the last two decades, the EPA, along with other national and international agencies, has placed increasingly strict regulations on the manufacture and use of synthetic colorants. A majority of dyes and pigment are used in the textile industry. Most processes that are performed in textile mills produce atmospheric emissions. Speculations concerning the amounts and types of air pollutants emitted from textile operations has been widespread. This is likely to hinder the market's growth.
The field of 3D printing materials has largely been the domain of experimenters. Nevertheless, the demand for reliable commercial products is increasing. Companies now use this method for the small- and medium-scale production of customized machine parts, gourmet food items, and even customized artificial body parts. However, major manufacturing companies are looking into 3D printing for large-scale production of machine parts, toys, and consumer electronics, these are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Paints & Coatings
- Paints and coatings account for the largest share of the market and is estimated to be the fastest growing end-user industry.
- Architectural and decorative coatings account for the largest consumption of pigments in their production. Thus, rising construction and infrastructure activities in Asia-Pacific act as the major driver for the dye and pigment market.
- In addition, public-private partnership (PPP) projects have also been increasing in the domestic construction sector.
- In India, the infrastructure sector has become one of the major focus areas for the government. In the government's budget, the construction sector was allotted USD 61.92 billion. The government aims to boost the construction of buildings in the country, for which it has decided to come up with a single window clearance facility, in order to provide speedy approval for the construction projects.
- All the aforementioned factors, is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The growth of textile industry in China and India is on a rapidly increasing with the availability of cheap labor force. In the global textile market, China holds the largest share of about 40%, followed by India the with over 5% share.
- The production of standard plastic in Asia-Pacific region reached a total of 181,264,800 metric ton, occupying a market share of about 61% in the global standard plastics production.
- The demand for textiles in South Korea has remained stable with an increasing preference for technical textiles production in the country. A strong domestic man-made fiber industry and robust non-woven production sector are providing the manufacturers an opportunity to focus on the production of high-end textiles in the country.
- Among ASEAN countries, Indonesia has a major share of the paint and coating market, followed by Thailand, where the urbanization is projected to increase to 56% by 2020.
- Hence, with the increasing demand from the various end-user industries, like the paint and coating, printing inks, textiles and plastics industry, the demand for dye and pigments is expected to rapidly increase over the forecast period.
The dyes & pigments market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the dyes & pigments market include BASF SE, The Chemours Company, Venator Materials PLC., Kronos Worldwide Inc., and Clariant, Bodal Chemicals Ltd, CRISTAL, Huntsman Corporation, Flint Group among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Paint and Coating Industries of Europe and Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Increasing Consumer Preference for Eco-friendly Products
4.1.3 Rising Demand from the Textile Industry
4.2.1 Energy-intensive Production Process
4.2.2 Environmental Concerns
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
220.127.116.11 Reactive Dye
18.104.22.168 Disperse Dye
22.214.171.124 Sulfur Dye
126.96.36.199 Vat Dye
188.8.131.52 Azo Dye
184.108.40.206 Acid Dye
220.127.116.11 Organic Pigment
18.104.22.168 Inorganic Pigment
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Paints & Coatings
5.2.3 Printing Ink
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Altana AG
6.4.3 Atul Ltd
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Bodal Chemicals Ltd
6.4.6 Carl Schlenk AG
6.4.7 Cathay Industries
6.4.8 Clariant AG
6.4.10 DIC Corporation
6.4.12 Ferro Corporation
6.4.13 Flint Group
6.4.14 Huntsman Corporation
6.4.15 Kiri Industries Limited
6.4.16 Kronos Worldwide Inc.
6.4.18 Meghmani Group of Industries
6.4.19 Merck Group
6.4.20 Pidilite Industries Limited
6.4.21 Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
6.4.22 The Chemours Company
6.4.23 Tronox Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Demand for Reliable Commercial Products, like 3D Printing Material
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wsajxi
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900