Summary Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide, and is characterized by single or recurrent major depressive episodes (MDEs).
New York, April 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Major Depressive Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06058303/?utm_source=GNW
MDD is only diagnosed if an MDE is not better explained by a psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, schizophreniform disorder, delusional disorder, or other psychotic disorder, and if there is no history of hypomania or mania.
The term unipolar depressive disorder is often used to distinguish MDD from depressive episodes that occur in conjunction with manic episodes, known as bipolar disorder.
The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market with a large number of products available for the treatment of patients; the majority of which are available as inexpensive generics.The products in the MDD market generally fall into four main categories: SSRIs, SNRIs, other types of antidepressants, and adjunctive therapies.
The SSRI class of drug is widely considered the gold standard of MDD treatment and so is the most commonly used class of antidepressants.
- Significant growth is expected in the MDD market from 2019 to 2029.
- anticipate that eight late stage pipeline drugs will launch over the forecast period. These are expected to be the main driver of growth in the MDD market across the 8MM.
- The analyst expects Axsome Therapeutics’ AXS-05 to become the top-selling drug in the MDD market with sales of $1.32B in 2029.
- Established and emerging players are aiming to develop antidepressants and adjunctive therapies with a broad range of different, novel MOAs that will enable them to compete in a highly crowded market space.
- Opportunities are expected for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs that target treatment-resistant patients, as well as products that improve remission rates and prevent relapses.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key MDD treatments in 2019?
- When will the late stage pipeline products launch, and how will it affect drug sales and the overall MDD market in the 8MM?
- Which unmet needs will remain unaddressed in the forecast period and what opportunities remain for pharmaceutical companies?
- Overview of Major Depressive Disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized Major Depressive Disorder therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments ( Mild, Moderate and Severe) forecast from 2019 to 2029.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the Major Depressive Disorder therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for Major Depressive Disorder therapy. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Major Depressive Disorder therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Major Depressive Disorder therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Major Depressive Disorder therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06058303/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001