Brussels, May 4, 2016
Launch of the Orange brand on the Belgian market
- The general meeting of shareholders approved the change of the company name to Orange Belgium;
- The transition to the Orange brand will begin to be visible to customers as of Sunday, May 8;
- Launch of Orange`s first communication campaign on Tuesday, May 10
The general meeting of shareholders of Mobistar S.A., held this Wednesday May 4, approved the adoption of the new company name by a very large majority. Mobistar is now called Orange Belgium. Meanwhile, the shareholder structure of the company and its governance remain unchanged.
The adoption of the name Orange Belgium is the first step in the transition process from the brand name Mobistar to Orange. All Mobistar teams will be mobilised to make this transition a success.
In the coming days, the following changes will be visible to customers:
- Sunday May 8: the Mobistar website takes the colours of the Orange brand and will be accessible via the address www.orange.be;
- Monday May 9 at 9 a.m.: the name and ticker on the stock exchange will become Orange Belgium/OBEL (ISIN code remains unchanged). The first quotation of Orange Belgium will take place together with a "Bell Ceremony" upon initiative of Euronext in Brussels with the opening of the financial markets.
- Tuesday May 10: an Orange communication campaign is launched throughout the entire territory.
Meanwhile, deployment of the Orange brand continues in the outlets.
At the end of the general meeting, the Chairman of the Board, Jan Steyaert, said: "After the unanimous decision of the Board in favour of the Orange brand, the adoption of the name Orange Belgium marks the beginning of the transition to the Orange brand. All our energy is now mobilised to make this launch a success and make us stronger, through our convergent positioning on the Belgian market."
This announcement is distributed by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions on behalf of NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Mobistar via GlobeNewswire