Report Scope: The current report provides detailed exposure of global monoclonal antibodies for the oncology market. This report highlights the current and future market potential of monoclonal antibodies for oncology treatment and includes a detailed analysis of the market’s drivers, challenges, and opportunities.
New York, June 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Monoclonal Antibodies for Oncology: Global Markets" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06287830/?utm_source=GNW
The report also covers market projections to 2027 and market share for key market players.The report details the market share of monoclonal antibodies for oncology based on type and application.
The report includes the company profiles of the key players with detailed information about their business segments, financials, product portfolios, and recent developments. The report also provides the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market.
- 25 data tables and 24 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global monoclonal antibodies for oncology market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with market revenue (sales data) for 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and future market potential of monoclonal antibodies for oncology treatment, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Evaluation of the actual market size for monoclonal antibodies in oncology treatment, forecasted growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by type of antibody, application area, and region
- Technology assessment of the key drivers, restraints and opportunities that will shape the market over the next five years (2022 to 2027)
- In-depth information on increasing investments on R&D activities, key technology issues, industry specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Review of the patent landscape and new developments in the market for monoclonal antibodies for oncology and associated clinical trials
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Company profiles of major players, including AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc, Pfizer Inc.
Monoclonal antibody drugs are created through the use of modern scientific techniques such as genetic engineering and recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) technology. They are produced by living cells and organisms such as Escherichia coli (E. coli), yeast, mammalian cells, etc. These drugs have gained a lot of interest in the field of oncology. Monoclonal antibodies are considered to be an effective treatment option for cancer compared to conventional treatment such as chemotherapy, which is associated with severe adverse effects. Over the past REDACTED, years, different forms of monoclonal antibodies derived treatments have been used to capitalize on the potential of targeted therapy. After the discovery of the first monoclonal antibody for oncology in 1997, there are number of others that have received approvals for various forms of cancer. Monoclonal antibodies are a form of targeted therapy and are also employed in other ways for cancer treatments such as antibody-drug conjugates, targeting pro-tumorigenic compounds in the microenvironment, bispecific T cell engagers (BiTEs), and immune checkpoint inhibitors. Notably, the highest-selling drug in the oncology market is an immune checkpoint inhibitor, Keytruda (pembrolizumab), from Merck & Co., with reported sales of $REDACTED, in 2021.
The demand for monoclonal antibodies for oncology treatment is driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer worldwide.According to GLOBOCAN, there were REDACTED, new cases of cancer worldwide in REDACTED, and this figure is forecast to reach REDACTED, cases by REDACTED,.
According to WHO, breast cancer, lung cancer, and colorectal cancer had the highest number of new cases in REDACTED,.The growing prevalence of cancer and the demand for effective and less-toxic treatments is contributing to the growth of the market.
Advanced diagnostic and awareness campaigns facilitate an increasing number of cancer cases being diagnosed at early stages.Advancements in biomarkers play a vital role in the detection of cancers at early stages, which leads to improved survival rates and increased treatment duration leading to the growth of the market.
The oncology market will therefore witness growing demand for monoclonal antibodies due to the increased adoption of biological drugs.
The global market for monoclonal antibodies for oncology is valued at $REDACTED, in 2021 and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of REDACTED,% to reach $REDACTED, in 2027.The major players in the market are F.
Hoffman La Roche, Merck & Co., Bristol Myers Squibb, J&J, Amgen, and AstraZeneca.
In this report, the market is segmented based on type, application, and region.Based on the type, the market is segmented as humanized, human, and chimeric monoclonal antibodies.
Humanized monoclonal antibodies had the highest share in the monoclonal antibodies oncology market and includes drugs such as Keytruda (Pembrolizumab), Tecentriq (Atezolizumab), and Perjeta (pertuzumab).Human antibodies also have blockbuster drugs such as Opdivo (nivolumab), Yervoy (ipilimumab), Darzalex (Daratumumab), and Xgeva (Denosumab).
Based on application, the market is segmented into lung cancer, breast cancer, blood cancer, colorectal cancer, and other cancers.Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
The North American market had the highest share, followed by Europe. This leadership role is due to increasing prevalence, rising awareness, early diagnosis, the presence of major players, government initiatives, funding, and good healthcare infrastructure.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06287830/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001