Test kit simplifies water chemistry testing for cooling water system health
Maintaining efficient cooling water system performance is vital to protecting assets, complying with safety and environmental regulations and controlling operating costs. To help ensure optimal performance, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, has introduced Rapid Bio Intelligence, a total aerobic bacteria test kit that radically simplifies water chemistry testing and compliance for cooling water systems.
"If left untreated, populations of waterborne bacteria can double within cooling water systems in as little as 20 minutes," said Pedro Sancha, senior vice president and general manager of Global Light Industries, Nalco Water. "Nalco Water’s Rapid Bio Intelligence is a mobile app-driven test kit to monitor cooling water quality with quick and reliable results. Operators can quickly implement or alter bacterial control strategies to help keep cooling water systems operating safely and efficiently."
Rapid Bio Intelligence delivers the necessary information to make informed and timely water treatment decisions:
- Immediate results in as little as 15 minutes, with no incubation required, compared to traditional field-based testing that can take 48 hours or more to yield results.
- Accurate results through use of a smartphone, helping to eliminate operator error.
- Actionable information for system treatment when necessary.
The Rapid Bio Intelligence solution consists of three components:
- Test kit – determines the total amount of bacteria present in a water sample, in as little as 15 minutes*.
- Nalco Water E-data mobile app – quickly reads the test kit result. The total bacteria amount is displayed in industry standard units: CFU/mL (colony forming units/milliliter).
- ECOLAB3D cloud-based digital platform – stores Rapid Bio Intelligence test results to trend performance over time. This information can provide insights into time periods where elevated bacteria levels have historically occurred, which can help to assure adequate treatment chemicals are on hand. The results also can be leveraged with other water management plans.
Rapid Bio Intelligence is verified in accordance with ISO 14034 standards. For more information, visit www.ecolab.com/rapidbiointel. To order, contact your Nalco Water representative or visit the Ecolab E-commerce store at connect.ecolab.com.
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. www.ecolab.com
* The Rapid Bio Intelligence test is not strain-specific and does not measure Legionella bacteria.