18th August 2020
Newbury Racecourse plc (the “Company”)
NOTICE OF ACCOUNTS MEETING AND RECONVENED ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that an Accounts Meeting of the Company will be held at Newbury Racecourse, Newbury, RG14 7NZ on Friday 11th September 2020 at 10am for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the following ordinary resolution:
- To receive and adopt the report of the directors and the financial statements together with the report of the auditors for the year ended 31st December 2019.
Notice is also hereby given that on the same date and so soon as that Accounts Meeting has concluded the One Hundred and Sixteenth Annual General Meeting of the Company adjourned on 26th June 2020 will be reconvened and held at the same place for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the five resolutions set out in the AGM Notice dated 3rd June 2020, namely:
1. To re-appoint KPMG LLP to act as auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next general meeting at which accounts are laid before the Company.
2. To authorise the directors to determine the auditors' remuneration.
3. To reappoint Dominic Burke who retires by rotation and who, being eligible, offers himself for reappointment as a director.
4. To reappoint Erik Penser who retires by rotation and who, being eligible, offers himself for reappointment as a director.
5. To appoint Mark Leigh as a director of the Company.
Given the current Government guidance regarding the ongoing pandemic, shareholders will not be able to attend these meetings in person. Therefore, for as long as the current restrictions remain in place, the meetings will take place as planned, but will only be attended by the minimum number of people legally required.
However, there will be an opportunity for shareholders to ask questions from 10-30am on Friday 11th September using a video conferencing service. In order to facilitate this process please can you advise firstname.lastname@example.org of your intention to join this session as well as providing a copy of any question(s) you may have in advance, to be received by 10am on Tuesday 8th September. A link to the video conferencing platform will then be provided once your intention is received.
Details on how you can vote by proxy at the Accounts Meeting are set out in the Notice. The Board therefore requests that shareholders appoint the Chairman of the meeting as a proxy and provide their voting responses in advance of the Accounts Meeting. Proxies already completed and votes already cast electronically in respect of the AGM remain valid for the reconvened meeting.
Any further information will be made available through a public announcement disseminated via a regulatory information service (RIS) – available through the Newbury Racecourse company information page on the Aquis Exchange website and through the company website (www.newburyracecourse.co.uk)
For further information please contact:
Newbury Racecourse plc Tel: 01635 40015
Mark Leigh (Company Secretary)