In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Nigeria Data Center Market Report. Nigeria data center market to grow at a CAGR of 17% during 2021–2026.
New York, Aug. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Nigeria Data Center Market - Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2021-2026" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129724/?utm_source=GNW
The data center market in Nigeria is among the fastest-growing markets in Africa. The Nigeria data center market investments are majorly driven by factors such as digitalization, advanced technologies, the presence of major operators, internet penetration, and government initiatives. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a strong market enabler for several digitization initiatives across Nigeria. Lagos is the primary data center hub in Nigeria, housing most of Nigeria’s total number of data centers. The shift of industry sectors such as BFSI, education, retail, manufacturing, and others towards new technologies such as cloud and big data will aid the market’s growth during the forecast period.
NIGERIA DATA CENTER MARKET INSIGHTS
• The growing demand for smart devices, the increasing demand for analytics, cloud adoption, and wireless networking technologies have led several organizations in Nigeria to invest in big data and IoT technology.
• Despite the slowdown in the economy, IT infrastructure providers and data centers have seen an increase in demand due to the shift to remote working in the country.
• Most facilities in the country are adopting low to medium voltage switchgear as the number of data center investments increases.
• In 2020, the Nigerian government announced the plan to establish the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics in Nigeria (CFAIR) to facilitate emerging technologies such as ICT security and networking.
• Growing investments in start-ups such as FinTech and e-commerce using big data analytics and IoT applications are expected to increase the demand for all-flash storage in the Nigerian data center market.
• The implementation of 5G networks will increase the usage of new-class ethernet switches among facilities in the country.
• The adoption of water and air-based chillers in the facilities will gain traction as the region experiences a moderate climate.
• Greenfield data center projects are witnessing increased investment from local and global service providers as they aim to expand their presence in the country.
The report considers the present scenario of the Nigeria data center market and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2021?2026. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT:
• Over 90% of Nigeria’s data is still hosted abroad. Many government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) in Nigeria host their data outside the country. Improved digital infrastructure and connectivity will increase the demand in the country, leading to further growth of data centers.
• Nigeria has the presence of renowned contractors such as Arup, that was involved in designing the data center facility for Rack Centre in Lagos.
• The penetration of AI and ML to monitor the facilities is likely to increase in the market and improve the efficiency of the facility operations.
• 21st Century Technology (21CTL) along with Konet has announced an edge hyperscale data center project in Nigeria, to be operational in 2022. The company is also building data centers in Apapa and Ikoyi, as well as edge data centers in Victoria Island, Maryland, and Ikeja.
• The market size of Tier IV facilities is expected to reach more than USD 15 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 24.42%.
• Due to the increased risk of physical security attacks in the country, facilities in Nigeria, are deploying additional security measures such as multi-factor authentication and anti-climb perimeter fences.
• Modular data centers are also extensively deployed in the country as a low-cost option to traditional data center deployment. Huawei Technologies is one of the significant vendors supplying modular facilities in the region.
NIGERIA DATA CENTER MARKET VENDOR LANDSCAPE
The rapid growth and development of data center projects will allow new players to enter the Nigerian market. Schneider Electric is one of the major vendors among support infrastructure providers in the Nigerian data center market. The power instability across the country leads to the installation of power backup equipment such as generators among the facility operators, with diesel generators leading the market. IT infrastructure providers such as NetApp, Lenovo, IBM, and HPE have a strong presence in the Nigerian data center market.
IT Infrastructure Providers
• Arista Networks
• Cisco Systems
• Dell Technologies
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
• Huawei Technologies
• Jupiter Networks
Construction Constructors & Sub-Contractors
• CAP DC
• Edarat Group
• JLB Atchitects
Support Infrastructure Providers
• Schneider Electric
• Vertiv Group
• 21st Century Technology
• Africa Data Centres, Galaxy Backbone
• MainOne (MDXi)
• Medallion Communications
• Rack Centre
• Teraco Data Environments
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
• Market size available in the investment, area, power capacity, and colocation revenue.
• An assessment of the Nigeria data center investment in the market by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators
• Data center investments in terms of white floor area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across cities in the country
• A detailed study of the existing Nigeria data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the Nigeria data center market size during the forecast period
Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in Nigeria
o Facilities Covered (Existing): 11
o Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 9
o Coverage: 2 Cities
o Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
o Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
• Data center colocation market in Nigeria
o Market Revenue & Forecast (2020-2026)
o Retail Colocation Pricing
• Classification of the Nigeria data center market investments into multiple segments and sub-segments (IT, power, cooling, and general construction services) with market sizing and forecast.
• A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, and growth restraints, and prospects for the data center market.
• Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the market
A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market
This report analyzes the Nigeria data center market share and elaborative analysis of the existing and upcoming facilities, datacenter investments in terms of IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standard, and geography. It discusses the market sizing and estimation for different segments with respect to the investment in the facilities. The segmentation includes:
EXISTING VS. UPCOMING DATA CENTERS
• Existing Facilities in the region (White Floor Area and Power Capacity)
o Lagos (No. of facilities: 10)
o Abuja (No. of facilities: 1)
• List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (White Floor Area and Power Capacity)
NIGERIA DATA CENTER INVESTMENT COVERAGE
• Infrastructure Type
o IT Infrastructure
o Electrical Infrastructure
o Mechanical Infrastructure
o General Construction
• IT Infrastructure
o Network Infrastructure
• Electrical Infrastructure
o UPS Systems
o Transfer Switches and Switchgears
o Other Electrical Infrastructure
• Mechanical Infrastructure
o Cooling Systems
o Rack Cabinets
o Other Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
o CRAC & CRAH Units
o Cooling Towers, Condensers, and Dry Coolers
o Other Cooling Units
• General Construction
o Building Development
o Installation & Commissioning Services
o Building & Engineering Design
o Physical Security
• Tier Segments
o Tier I & Tier II
o Tier III
o Tier IV
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. What is the current size of the Nigeria data center market?
2. Who are the key investors in the market?
3. What is the expected CAGR for the Nigeria Data Center Market for the forecast period?
4. How many existing and upcoming data centers are present in Nigeria?
5. What are the investments opportunities in Nigeria?
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129724/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001