EQS Group-News: Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc / Key word(s): Annual Results
01.03.2021 / 14:50
Stock Exchange release
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc: Annual Report 2020
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc's Annual Report, Corporate Governance Report and Alternative performance measures have been published. The documents are attached to this release and they are available on the Internet at https://www.nordea.com/en/investor-relations/reports-and-presentations/subsidiary-reports/finnish-subsidiary-reports/. Only information having material influence on the value of securities is included in this press release.
The Annual Report now published covers the operations of Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc in Finland. Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc is a subsidiary wholly owned by Nordea Bank Abp. The financial statements of Nordea Bank Abp comprise the operations of the Nordea Group as a whole and gives the best overview of the Group.
Summary of the year 2020:
- The operating profit of Nordea Mortgage Bank amounted to EUR 144.6m
- Net interest income totalled EUR 235.6m
- Total operating income was EUR 226.1m
- Total operating expenses were EUR -66.1m
- Net loan losses totalled EUR -15.4m, increase mainly driven by the new approach triggered by COVID-19 where management judgements of EUR 7.1m have been booked in addition to model based provisions. The management judgement covers projected loan losses not yet covered by the IFRS 9 model (cyclical reserve) and identified issues in the IFRS 9 model to be later covered in model updates (structural reserve). Realised loan losses were EUR -3.2m
- Loans to the public increased 8% during the year and amounted to EUR 28,764.2m
- Debt securities in issue increased 23% during the year and amounted to EUR 19,750.8m
- The size of the cover pool was EUR 22,934.8m and overcollateralization 16.7%.
Summary of the key figures
Net interest income, EURm
Total operating income, EURm
Total operating expenses, EURm
Profit before loan losses, EURm
Net loan losses, EURm
Operating profit, EURm
Loan loss ratio, annualised, bps
Return on equity, %
Tier 1 capital ratio, %
Total capital ratio, %
Number of employees (full time equivalents)
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc's semi-annual report will be published 16 July 2021.
Helsinki, 1 March 2021
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc
Board of Directors
Jussi Pajala, Chief Executive Officer + 358 40 545 3859
Vesa Ruokokoski, Chief Financial Officer + 358 50 364 3251
http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/7342Q_1-2021-3-1.pdf, Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc, Annual Report 2020
http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/7342Q_2-2021-3-1.pdf, Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc, Corporate Governance Report 2020
http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/7342Q_3-2021-3-1.pdf, Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc, Alternative Performance Measures 2020
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.
End of Media Release