- L&G To Take Stake In Smart Pension Provider Sky News - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Sky News understands that L&G is in advanced discussions with Smart Pension, a platform aimed at helping thousands of smaller companies comply with new British laws requiring them to offer workplace pensions to employees. Co-founded in 2014 by a former head of Lloyds Banking Group (Other OTC: LLOBF - news) 's wealth unit …
- These 2 companies reporting today are on opposite sides of Brexit Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Brexit has hit Capital & Counties Properties plc (LON: CAPC) and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (LON: JLT) in very different ways, says Harvey Jones.
- How lenders are forcing older borrowers into paying higher rates Telegraph - 11 hours ago
How lenders are forcing older borrowers into paying higher rates
- Bosses In Pay Ratio Push As May Plots Reform Sky News - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 14:03 BST
Britain's leading companies will be urged this week to start publishing the ratio between their chief executives' pay and that of their workforces amid plans by Theresa May to clamp down on corporate excess. Sky News has learnt that the move will be among a series of recommendations for boardroom pay reform made by a working …
- Should you buy these FTSE 250 stocks following today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 11:59 BST
Roland Head looks at the latest trading updates from Aberdeen Asset Management plc (LON:ADN), Hiscox Ltd (LON:HSX) and Petra Diamonds Limited (LON:PDL).
- Should you buy these 3 big FTSE 100 fallers now? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 07:15 BST
Which are the best bargains among the FTSE 100's big Brexit fallers?
- I earn more than the total value of my allowances - will I be tax-free? Telegraph - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 07:12 BST
I earn more than the total value of my allowances - will I be tax-free?
- Pension firms 'use delay tactics' to stop savers moving money' Telegraph - Sun, Jul 24, 2016 22:00 BST
Pension firms 'use delay tactics' to stop savers moving money'
- Should income hunters ditch dividends and buy companies' bonds instead? Telegraph - Sun, Jul 24, 2016 07:40 BST
Should income hunters ditch dividends and buy companies' bonds instead?
- UPDATE 1-After Brexit vote, insurer Beazley seeks EU licences in Dublin Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 17:51 BST
Lloyd's of London's Beazley Plc (Other OTC: BEAZF - news) is working to get European insurance licences for its Irish reinsurance business to allow it to operate throughout the European Union, even if Lloyd's loses access to the bloc. "We're looking at getting the licences for our EU reinsurance company in Dublin and …
- UK watchdog finds potential mis-selling among insurance agents Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 16:48 BST
A British financial watchdog opened the way to another possible round of costly compensation claims on Friday, saying it had found evidence that insurance agents had falsified documents, faked signatures and saddled people with products that would never pay out. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), set up in 2013 to …
- Three great bargains after today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 12:42 BST
Do Friday's updates offer tempting opportunities?
- How safe are dividend yields at HSBC Holdings plc (7.8%) and Legal & General Group plc (7.3%)? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 08:42 BST
Can you depend on the dividends from HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN)?
- Here’s what Neil Woodford has been buying and selling since the Brexit vote Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 15:58 BST
How has the UK's most renowned investor reacted to the referendum result? Here's what Neil Woodford has been up to.
- 5 dividend stocks I’d buy now Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 14:20 BST
In the current 'lower for longer' interest rate environment, SSE plc (LON:SSE), Pennon Group plc (LON:PNN), Prudential plc (LON:PRU), Old Mutual plc (LON:OML) and Target Healthcare REIT Ltd (LON:THRL) ...
- Britain's FTSE climbs to 11-month closing high as insurers rise Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 17:20 BST
Britain's top shares index climbed to its highest closing level in 11 months on Wednesday, boosted by a rise in insurance stocks, although a slump in Anglo American pushed down the mining sector. The blue-chip ...
- Britain's FTSE rallies though miners lag Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 10:14 BST
UK shares advanced on Wednesday, supported by recent currency weakness and gains in healthcare stocks, though miners fell after updates from Anglo American and BHP Billiton. The FTSE 100 index was up 0.4 ...
- BUZZ-Admiral: Top of the FTSE on UBS upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 08:27 BST
** Insurer Admiral's shares up 2 pct, top of the FTSE, after UBS analysts hike rating on co to "buy" from "neutral", PT to 2339p from 1840p ** Analysts say market is overlooking potential ...
- Prudential fined for authorizing fraudulent annuity withdrawals Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 18:20 BST
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority fined Prudential Annuities Distributors $950,000 on Tuesday for failing to prevent the fraudulent withdrawal of nearly $1.3 million from an elderly annuity holder's account by her financial officer. Frederick, Maryland-based financial sales assistant Travis Wetzel (Sao Paolo: …
- Four ways to hit your retirement income targets Telegraph - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 09:43 BST
Four ways to hit your retirement income targets
- Legal & General completes 750 mln pound pension buy-in for ICI Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 07:17 BST
Legal & General Group has completed a 750 million pound pension buy-in transaction for the ICI pension fund, the insurer said on Tuesday. Legal & General and ICI did the risk transfer deal shortly after ...
- Has Brexit opened up a buying opportunity for Legal and General Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 07:20 BST
Does a tumbling share price mean Legal & General Group plc (LON:LGEN) is now a buy?
- 3 bargain basement stocks: Lloyds Banking Group plc, Prudential plc and Aberdeen Asset Management plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 07:05 BST
These three stocks are dirt cheap and have huge turnaround potential: Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Aberdeen Asset Management plc (LON: ADN).
- These 5 FTSE 100 stars are looking far too cheap! Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 07:00 BST
Royston Wild reveals a cluster of FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) giants going at ridiculously low prices.
- Pensioners' annuity incomes plunge by 37pc in eight years Telegraph - Sun, Jul 17, 2016 07:40 BST
Pensioners' annuity incomes plunge by 37pc in eight years