- US STOCKS-Wall St sinks on BOJ fears, Icahn comments Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
The benchmark S&P 500 had its worst day in three weeks, losing 19.34 points, or 0.92 percent, to 2,075.81, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 210.79 points, or 1.17 percent, to 17,830.76 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 57.85 points, or 1.19 percent, to 4,805.29. Wall Street dipped further late in the day, led by a …
- US STOCKS-Wall St flounders on BOJ fears as Facebook, M&A boosts wane Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
Stocks had dipped early in the day on the BOJ's decision to hold steady in the face of soft global demand and a rise in the yen, jarring markets particularly after media reports that the central bank would likely go deeper into negative interest rates. Stocks began a modest recovery midday on Facebook's stellar earnings, …
- London close: FTSE ends lower as US economic growth slows Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 ended lower on Thursday as US economic growth slowed in the first quarter and as investors continued to weigh central bank policy decisions in the US and Japan.
- Britain's FTSE steadied by miners, though financials falter Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Britain's top share index steadied on Thursday after a rally in miner Anglo American , although a drop in financial stocks kept the market under pressure. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was flat in percentage terms at 6,322.40 points at its close. The UK mining sector was up 3.4 percent, the top sectoral gainer, led higher …
- Credit Suisse boss Thiam must show turnaround plan on track Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
LONDON/ZURICH, April 28 (Reuters) - Credit Suisse (LSE: 0QP5.L - news) investors want answers from CEO Tidjane Thiam about his turnaround plan in the wake of $1 billion of unexpected trading writedowns at the bank, which has lost more than a third of its value since he joined 10 months ago. Thiam joined last July from …
- Britain's FTSE falls as financials falter, BOJ disappoints Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
Britain's top share index fell on Thursday after a drop in Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds, while global equities were dented by the Bank of Japan's unexpected move to snub further monetary stimulus. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was down 0.6 percent at 6,283.44 points by 1347 GMT.
- PGIM Reaches $1bn in UCITS Assets Under Management With 10 Funds Launched Business Wire - 20 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- PGIM’s UCITS platform has surpassed US$1 billion in assets, as of March 31, 2016, through its first 10 funds with more funds to be launched in the coming year, according to PGIM, ...
- Thursday preview: Lloyds reports first quarter interims Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 16:30 BST
(ShareCast News) - Lloyds Banking Group will be in focus on Thursday as it reports its first quarter interims following results from fellow lenders Barclays and Standard Chartered this week.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 15:59 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) SJP was notified on 26 April 2016 of the following changes in SJP shares held by the Executive Director named below. SJP Performance Share Plan 2005 ...
- 4 FTSE 100 stocks trading far too cheaply! BAE Systems plc, Old Mutual plc, Shire plc & Dixons Carphone plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 09:20 BST
Royston Wild explains why value hunters need to check out BAE Systems plc (LON: BA), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML), Shire plc (LON: SHP) and Dixons Carphone plc (LON: DC).
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson performing well, says management Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 09:47 BST
(ShareCast News) - Insurance and employee benefits group Jardine Lloyd Thompson updated the market on its trading and performance on Tuesday morning, describing its position as strong ahead of its annual ...
- Harvey swaps PZ Cussons boardroom for Pacific retirement Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 09:32 BST
(ShareCast News) - Consumer products group PZ Cussons was losing its non-executive chairman to the allure of antipodes on Tuesday, with Richard Harvey announcing his intention to step down on 31 December ...
- Banks will reach a point when they can no longer cut rates. Is this it? Telegraph - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 09:23 BST
Banks will reach a point when they can no longer cut rates. Is this it?
- Insurance broker JLT sees exceptional costs of 34 mln stg in 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 07:31 BST
Insurance and reinsurance broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group Plc said it anticipated exceptional charges of 34 million pounds ($49 million) in 2016 for litigation expenses and restructuring. The company, which advises mainly on risk management and employee benefits insurance, said it was on track to achieve full-year …
- St. James's Place saw jump in Q1 new business ahead of UK budget Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 07:29 BST
British wealth manager St. James's Place on Tuesday posted an increase in funds under management to 62 billion pounds ($89.91 billion) during the first quarter of 2016, boosted by increased demand for its services ahead of the UK Budget. The firm, which offers a range of services including fund management, insurance and …
- Quilter Cheviot eyes profit from Dubai office within 2-3 years Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 19:25 BST
Quilter Cheviot expects its Dubai office to turn a profit within two to three years after opening its first base outside the United Kingdom and Ireland (Other OTC: IRLD - news) in the Gulf emirate, the chief executive of the investment manager said on Monday. The firm, bought by Old Mutual (Other OTC: ODMTY - news) in …
- Ex-divs to take 7.52 points off FTSE 100 on April 28 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 16:18 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations, the resulting adjustment ...
- Should you buy Glencore plc, Lok’N Store Group plc & Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings ltd ord 2p (DI) today? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 14:40 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Lok'N Store Group Plc (LON: LOK) and Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd ord 2p (DI) (LON: RQIH).
- Hiscox UK Selects Guidewire Predictive Analytics Business Wire - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 10:00 BST
LONDON & FOSTER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Specialist insurer will expand data-driven decision making capabilities Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of software products to general ...
- Monday newspaper round-up: Goldman, BHS, Barclays, EE Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 08:26 BST
(ShareCast News) - For almost 150 years Goldman Sachs has been the go-to bank of the rich and powerful. But now the Wall Street titan is opening up to the masses on Main Street by offering online savings ...
- City’s most active rebel investors revealed Telegraph - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 00:01 BST
City’s most active rebel investors revealed
- 'I transferred £1,700 into the wrong account and I can't get it back' Telegraph - Sun, Apr 24, 2016 15:33 BST
'I transferred £1,700 into the wrong account and I can't get it back'
- 3 Great Shares For A New ISA: Prudential plc, ARM Holdings plc And Rio Tinto plc? Fool.co.uk - Sun, Apr 24, 2016 10:00 BST
Do ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) deserve a place in your 2016 ISA?
- Week ahead: Federal Reserve meeting, Greece negotiations in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 17:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors will keep close tabs on the result of the Federal Reserve's next two-day policy meeting on Wednesday for any change of tone in the US central bank's policy statement.
- Notice of Results Business Wire - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 14:04 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA notice of 2016 Q1 Trading Update RSA announces that its 2016 Q1 Trading Update will be released on Thursday 5 May 2016 at 7.00am. There will be a call for investors and analysts ...