- Barclays to sell Portuguese businesses to Bankinter Sharecast - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Barclays Bank has agreed to sell its retail banking, wealth and investment management businesses and part of its corporate banking business in Portugal which serves small and medium-sized ...
- Barclays sells Portugal assets to Spain's Bankinter for 175 mln euros Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Barclays Plc (LSE: BARC.L - news) said on Wednesday it would sell its Portugal-based non-core assets to Spain's Bankinter SA for about 175 million euros ($197.47 million), as part of chairman John McFarlane's turnaround plan to sell assets and cut costs. The sale includes such assets as retail banking, wealth and insurance …
- Thursday preview: ECB announces latest policy amid QE speculation Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The European Central Bank on Thursday announces its latest policy decision amid speculation of prolonging quantitative easing in the wake of recent market volatility.
- MOVES- Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Prudential, Deutsche Bank, Aon Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org. ** MORGAN STANLEY Morgan Stanley, the world's largest ...
- Form 8.3 - RSA Insurance Group Plc Business Wire - 21 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- MOVES-Prudential's M&G appoints global head of institutional distribution Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
Prudential Plc's the investment unit M&G Investments named Ominder Dhillon global head of institutional distribution. Dhillon will report to Simon Pilcher, chief executive of fixed income. Dhillon previously ...
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - 23 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: ii RSA Insurance ...
- London open: Stocks recover from previous session's losses Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 10:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks recovered ground on Wednesday after a batch of weak manufacturing data sent stocks lower in the previous session.
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 16:52 BST
In conformity with the Disclosure and Transparency Rules, at close of business on 31 August 2015 the Company’s issued share capital consisted of 523,780,902 ordinary shares of 15p each with voting rights. Therefore, the total number of voting rights in St. James’s Place plc is 523,780,902.
- London open: Stocks open lower on weak Chinese manufacturing data Sharecast - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 12:53 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks opened in the red on Tuesday after weak Chinese manufacturing data fuelled concerns about the world's second largest economy.
- Global equities poised for another week of turmoil after weak Chinese data Telegraph - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 10:22 BST
Weak manufacturing data from China pushed global equities back into the red. The FTSE 100 tumbled more than 2pc in early trade - wiping £40bn off the index in one hour.
- Ex-divs to take 0.80 points off FTSE 100 on Sept. 3 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 13:34 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Investors still in the dark as cyber threat grows Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 07:00 BST
LONDON/BOSTON, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Investors are being poorly served by a haphazard approach from fund managers to the growing threat of cyber crime damaging the companies in which they invest, with a lack of clarity from the businesses themselves compounding the problem. Banks have led the way in developing cyber defences …
- LEADLESS II Trial Results Published in The New England Journal of Medicine Confirm the Positive Benefits of the Nanostim Leadless Pacemaker Business Wire - Sun, Aug 30, 2015 09:11 BST
St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE:STJ), a global medical device company, today announced primary results from the LEADLESS II study that confirm the positive benefits of the Nanostim™ leadless pacemaker for patients in need of a single-chamber ventricular pacemaker. The study also demonstrated the Nanostim leadless pacemaker’s …
- UK financial watchdog investigating annuity sales - Telegraph Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Aug 29, 2015 19:05 BST
The Financial Conduct Authority has begun an analysis of annuity sales by all Britain's major insurers since 2008, which could lead to compensation for pensioners found to have been sold inappropriate products, the Telegraph newspaper said. More than 600,000 pensioners are believed to have been sold annuity contracts …
- The West is paying the price for decades of underinvestment Telegraph - Sat, Aug 29, 2015 13:52 BST
Like the cricket that sang all summer, the West spent while China built, says Legal & General boss Nigel Wilson
- Week ahead: US jobs data and ECB policy meeting on the horizon Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 19:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - All eyes will be on the latest US jobs data in the coming week.
- Autos lift U.S. consumer spending; sentiment slips Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 18:11 BST
While other data on Friday showed consumer sentiment dipped in August, likely as households fretted over a recent stock market sell-off, confidence remained at levels consistent with solid consumer spending growth. The Commerce Department said consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of U.S. economic …
- US open: Stocks slide as investors remain jittery ahead of Jackson Hole meeting Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 17:33 BST
(ShareCast News) - The main US indices slid early on Friday, as investors remained jittery after a volatile week and ahead of of a weekend gathering of the world´s central bankers.
- US personal income and spending grow as expected in July Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 15:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - Personal incomes and spending grew more quickly than expected in the three months to July, according to the Commerce Department.
- Can Further Gains Be Expected At RSA Insurance Group plc, JD Sports Fashion PLC, Admiral Group plc And PayPoint plc Following A Scorching Summer? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 14:25 BST
Royston Wild looks at whether RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), JD Sports Fashion PLC (LON: JD), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) and PayPoint plc (LON: PAY) can continue their recent charge.
- Booming Irish retail sales adds to string of strong data Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 11:34 BST
Irish retail sales volumes rose 9.9 percent year-on-year in July, data showed on Friday, capping a week of strong job, house price and wage figures that indicated there was little prospect of the economic recovery abating. After growing by over 5 percent in 2014, Ireland (Other OTC: IRLD - news) 's economy is set to be …
- BUZZ-European consumer: Barclays cuts PT on EM worries Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 10:31 BST
** Barclays analysts cut PT on European tobacco, beverages food, and personal care companies, citing EM exposure ** SABMiller, ABInBev, BAT and Danone are most exposed to China and commodity-linked markets ...
- Why Unilever plc, Prudential plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC & N Brown Group plc Are 4 Of The Hottest Dividend Stocks Available! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 09:43 BST
Royston Wild examines the hot dividend prospects over at Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), Prudential plc (LON: PRU), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) and N Brown Group plc (LON: BWNG).
- London midday: Investors remain on sidelines ahead of US data Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 01:27 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors stayed on the sidelines ahead of the release of a fresh batch of economic data Stateside in the afternoon, despite optimistic calls from many strategists.