- St. Jude Medical Announces FDA Approval and U.S. Launch of the First and Only Medical Device Indicated to Reduce the Risk of Recurrent Ischemic Stroke in Patients with a PFO Business Wire - 5 hours ago
St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE:STJ), a global medical device company, today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and launch of the AMPLATZER™ PFO Occluder to help reduce the risk of recurrent ischemic strokes in patients diagnosed with a patent foramen ovale (PFO) – a small opening between the …
- US economy hits fastest pace in two years as election looms AFP - 6 hours ago
- US economy grew at 2.9% pace in Q3, fastest in 2 years AFP - 8 hours ago
- Mystery Chinese predator swoops for upmarket housebuilder Cala Sky News - 10 hours ago
Sky News has learnt that privately-owned Cala Group, which describes itself as the UK's most upmarket major homebuilder, is in early-stage talks with the potential buyer. Cala (Other OTC: CCAA - news) 's shareholders - Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) and Patron Capital, a specialist real estate investor - have …
- Aviva plc and Legal & General Group plc still look cheap after Brexit Fool.co.uk - 11 hours ago
Will Aviva plc (LON: AV) and Legal & General Group plc (LON: LGEN) carry on rewarding investors?
- RBS reports £469m loss in third quarter Sky News - 14 hours ago
- Which wealth management stock deserves a place in your portfolio after this week’s results? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 10:15 BST
Which one of these two wealth managers is the more attractive investment proposition?
- RBS to set aside funds amid fresh talks to settle rights issue suits-Sky News Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 22:22 BST
Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 26 (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc held fresh discussions with a group of institutional investors to settle one of many outstanding cases against the bank over its 12 billion pound rights issue, Sky News reported. RBS (LSE: RBS.L - news) will set aside more money to settle …
- RBS sets aside more funds as investor lawsuits near settlement Sky News - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 19:39 BST
The ghost of Fred Goodwin will return to haunt Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) (RBS) again this week when his former employer is forced to set aside millions of pounds more to settle legal action brought by major City shareholders. Sky News has learnt that RBS has held fresh discussions with a group of institutional …
- Is 2017 going to be the year of the dividend? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 15:16 BST
As Brexit draws nearer, safe dividends look ever more attractive.
- Should you buy the 2 highest-yielding stocks in the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 13:16 BST
Are these 2 dividend plays ripe for investment?
- Do these 2 low yielders offer sky-high growth prospects? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 11:07 BST
High income stocks are flavour of the month but even lower dividend payers have their charms too, says Harvey Jones.
- Are these FTSE 100 stocks stunning buys after today’s updates? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 11:53 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stocks updating the market on Tuesday.
- Wealth manager St James's Place sees asset boost after Brexit vote Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 09:19 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 25 (Reuters) - Wealth manager St James's Place has reported a near 9 percent rise in the value of its assets, buoyed by financial market gains and strong demand for its personal investment advice in the wake of Britain's vote to exit the European Union. Persistently low interest …
- Wealth manager St James's Place in asset boost after Brexit vote Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 07:30 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 25 (Reuters) - Wealth manager St James's Place said third quarter assets rose 8.9 percent, buoyed by market gains and strong demand for its personal investment advice in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union. Funds under management at the end of the three months …
- St. Jude Medical Announces Data to be Presented as Late-Breaking Clinical Trials and Highlights Its Latest Cardiovascular Portfolio at the 2016 TCT Conference Business Wire - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 13:00 BST
- How safe are these two 6% high yielders? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 11:49 BST
A high yield isn't enough on its own, it also needs to be sustainable, says Harvey Jones.
- UK faces big test with Gilt syndication Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 11:55 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (IFR) - Tensions will run high next week for the UK's first Gilt syndication since chaos in the currency market and concerns over a potential hard Brexit catapulted yields higher. "We have to face a number of challenging issues in the present environment and I do not think our …
- M&G lifts UK property funds suspension Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 09:53 BST
M&G Investments, a unit of insurer Prudential, will lift the suspension of its M&G Property Portfolio and feeder funds from midday on Nov. 4, the firm said in a statement on Friday. M&G was one of seven ...
- Are these ‘dollar earners’ undervalued? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 15:38 BST
These two big 'dollar earners' are set to benefit from a weak pound.
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 15:18 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: ii St. James's Place PLC 2 Reason for the notification (please tick ...
- Is the Bank of England killing these companies? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 12:06 BST
Are low interest rates killing these two leading life insurers?
- Aviva rules out "significant" action following UK annuity review Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 14:10 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - Insurer Aviva said on Tuesday it did not expect to take "significant" action after Britain's regulator said some firms needed to review their sales of annuities to ensure people got the right deal. Rival Standard Life said on Monday it had been asked by the Financial …
- EU insurers' watchdog says eyeing 'macro-prudential' review of solvency rules Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 10:58 BST
EU insurance industry regulator EIOPA plans to add broad-brush measures over the next few years to its core capital requirement rules, aimed at reducing the risk of a financial crisis developing from within ...
- EU watchdog eyes macro-prudential angle for insurer rules Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 09:01 BST
FRANKFURT, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - EU insurance watchdog EIOPA will examine adding broad-brush measures aimed at reducing the risk of financial crises to its capital rules for insurance companies over the next few years, it said on Tuesday. The EU's risk-capital rules for insurers, known as Solvency …