- FTSE 100 movers: Heavily-weighted miners weigh but Severn Trent rallies again Sharecast - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was down 0.4% to 6,367.74 at 1540 GMT in thin trading, as US markets were only open for half a day due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Check Out ‘Black Friday’ Bargains Banco Santander SA PLC, Prudential plc & National Grid plc Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Royston Wild explains why Banco Santander SA PLC (LON: BNC), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and National Grid plc (LON: NG) offer unbelievable value for money.
- Are GlaxoSmithKline plc And Legal & General Group Plc Great Dividend Picks For 2016 And Beyond? Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Is now the perfect time to buy high-yielding GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON:LGEN)?
- Form 8.3 - Amlin plc Business Wire - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- London open: Stocks decline on commodities slump Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks declined on Friday morning as commodities reversed the previous day's rally and investors awaited the release of gross domestic product data.
- London midday: Miners drag stocks lower as traders weigh UK, Japan data Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Mining stocks dragged UK equities lower on Friday at midday as investors sifted through mixed economic data.
- London close: Stocks boosted by commodities on Thanksgiving Sharecast - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 17:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE ended higher on Thursday, supported by a rally in mining stocks as commodity prices improved.
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 12:19 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: ii Amlin ...
- Are Aviva plc, Prudential plc & Beazley PLC Capable Of 20%+ Returns? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 11:12 GMT
Should you buy these 3 financial services stocks right now? Aviva plc (LON: AV), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Beazley PLC (LON: BEZ).
- London close: FTSE boosted by housebuilding stocks after Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday with housebuilding stocks leading the way after Chancellor George Osborne announced measures to support the sector in his joint Spending Review and Autumn ...
- Watch the latest episode of BizWireTV from Business Wire Business Wire - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 11:00 GMT
- Banco Santander SA, IG Group Holdings plc & Hiscox Ltd: Buy, Sell Or Hold? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 09:06 GMT
What is the long term outlook for these 3 financial companies? Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), IG Group Holdings plc (LON: IGG) and Hiscox Ltd (LON: HSX)
- UK watchdog to study 'Big Data' use by insurers Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 11:15 GMT
Britain's financial watchdog has begun looking at how "big data" affects prices of home and car insurance to see if a formal market review is needed. Big data refers to the use of new or expanded data on consumers from a wide range of internal and outside sources such as debit and credit card purchases, social media postings, …
- 4 Top Dividend Growth Stocks: Prudential plc, Aviva plc, Old Mutual plc & Marks and Spencer Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:58 GMT
With dividend growth slowing in the FTSE 100, dividend growth investors should take a look at Prudential plc (LON:PRU), Aviva plc (LON:AV), Old Mutual plc (LON:OML) & Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON:MKS)....
- Scottish Widows insures $607 mln of Wiggins Teape pension Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 00:01 GMT
Scottish Widows, the insurance arm of Lloyds Bank, has insured 400 million pounds of former UK paper manufacturer Wiggins Teape's pension scheme, the insurer said on Tuesday. The deal, in which Scottish ...
- Rule 2.10 Announcement Business Wire - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 17:28 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 23 November 2015 Amlin plc (the “Company”) Rule 2.10 Announcement In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the “ Code ”), the Company confirms that, ...
- Munich Re Italian insurance units sold to Cinven Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 13:29 GMT
Munich Re's insurance unit Ergo has agreed to sell life and property-casualty businesses in Italy to British private equity investor Cinven. Ergo said on Monday it was selling Ergo Previdenza and Ergo Assicurazioni, with combined premiums of 360 million euros ($383 million), as well as agents network Ergo Italia Direct …
- Are Barclays PLC, MITIE Group PLC & Admiral Group plc ‘Screaming Buys’? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 09:20 GMT
Should you snap up Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), MITIE Group PLC (LON: MTO) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM)?
- Legal & General considers an end to quarterly reporting Telegraph - Sun, Nov 22, 2015 20:28 GMT
Investment giant hopes to practice what it preaches to other companies
- EU mergers and takeovers (Nov 20) Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Nov 20, 2015 16:44 GMT
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS NEW LISTINGS -- MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings Inc 8725.T has agreed ...
- Big insurers get key exemption in proposed British audit rules Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Nov 20, 2015 14:14 GMT
Britain's biggest insurers will be exempt from having their most important indicator of financial health externally audited under proposals issued by the Bank of England on Friday. New European Union rules will require British-based insurance firms from January to meet a minimum solvency capital requirement, or SCR, to …
- JLT Specialty USA Announces Addition of Marine Specialty Practice Business Wire - Thu, Nov 19, 2015 13:00 GMT
JLT Specialty USA, a U.S. subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc. (JLT), one of the world’s leading specialty-focused providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services, today announced the addition of a marine specialty practice. “We’re very excited …
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Wed, Nov 18, 2015 16:44 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) SJP was notified on 17 November 2015 of the following changes in SJP shares held by the Person Discharging Managerial Responsibilities (“PDMR”) and ...
- Britain reviews value for money in $10 trillion asset management Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 18, 2015 11:09 GMT
Britain's markets watchdog is to review the country's 6.6 trillion pound asset management sector, saying that more transparency may not be enough to guarantee investors value for money. Governments across ...
- EU insurance watchdog seeks consistent insurer models Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 18, 2015 10:17 GMT
EU insurance watchdog EIOPA will work to ensure consistency among insurers' internal risk-capital models under new capital rules that take effect in six weeks' time, to avoid the models simply becoming ...