- Dealing Disclosure - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - 16 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose ...
- Fresnillo, L&G lead FTSE 100 lower for fourth day Reuters - UK Focus - 30 minutes ago
Britain's top share index fell for a fourth straight session on Wednesday, dragged down by disappointing results from precious metals miner Fresnillo and insurer Legal & General. Appetite for UK stocks ...
- MOVES- NYSE, MetLife, JPMorgan, Legal & General, AXA Investment Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org. THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE The stock exchange owned ...
- Should I Swap HSBC Holdings plc For Legal & General Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Today's results from Legal & General Group Plc (LON:LGEN) make HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) look like a chronic underperformer.
- Legal & General eyes company deals as individual annuities wither Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Legal & General Plc (Other OTC: LGGNY - news) on Wednesday became the latest insurer to report a drop in demand for personal annuities and growing reliance on sales to companies, as full-year profits just lagged forecasts to send its shares lower. L&G Chief Executive Nigel Wilson said he expected more to follow.
- MOVES-Legal & General U.S. unit chief departs after profit dip Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
British insurer Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) said on Wednesday it had appointed a new interim chief executive to run its U.S. business, on the day the group announced a sharp drop in 2014 profits there. Gene Gilbertson would assume the role of interim president and chief executive of Legal & General America, …
- London open: Stocks slip on mixed earnings, Fresnillo and L&G drop Sharecast - 3 hours ago
UK stocks edged lower on Wednesday morning as gains from Standard Chartered and ITV were offset by declines by Fresnillo, Glencore and Legal & General, as investors awaited a barrage of economic data.
- Legal & General's full-year earnings grow on annuity sales Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Legal & General reported an 8% increase in annual pre-tax profit to £1.2bn as pension deals lifted annuity sales.
- MOVES-Legal & General appoints Gene Gilbertson interim CEO of U.S. business Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
Legal & General said on Wednesday it had appointed Gene Gilbertson as interim president and chief executive of Legal & General America. He will replace Jimmy Atkins, who is leaving to pursue other interests, ...
- Here’s Why You May Want To Hold Onto Aviva plc And Prudential plc Right Now Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Aviva plc (LON:AV) and Prudential plc (LON:PRU) still offer decent value, although regulatory risk persists, argues Alessandro Pasetti.
- Legal & General 2014 operating profit rises 10 percent Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
Insurer Legal & General said on Wednesday its operating profit rose 10 percent in 2014 to 1.28 billion pounds , with company pension deals boosting sales of annuities. Annuity assets rose 28 percent to ...
- Barclays’ 30-year attempt at taking on Wall Street is coming to an end Telegraph - 17 hours ago
The rise, fall, rebirth and final decline of Barclays’ investment bank is a tragic tale. It means that US and Chinese banks will eventually dominate the sector
- Smith & Nephew falls as bid hopes fade Telegraph - 17 hours ago
The artificial hip maker tumbled after potential suitor Stryker announced a $2bn buy back
- Sector movers: RSA, Jardine Lloyd Thompson and Direct Line drag non-life insurers lower Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Non-life insurers were out of favour on Tuesday as a broker downgrade at RSA and a cool reaction to results from Jardine Lloyd Thompson and Direct Line weighed on sentiment.
- Insurers cast doubt on ability to help EU investment plans Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
European Union regulators should ease capital charges on insurers to help them support the region's plan to boost growth through infrastructure projects, a senior executive at Italian insurer Generali said on Tuesday. European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker has presented a 300 billion euro ($336 billion) plan …
- Wednesday preview: Standard Chartered reports full-year results amid CEO departure Sharecast - 21 hours ago
Standard Chartered is expected to report a decline in full-year earnings, reflecting an increase in impairments.
- Turn £2,000 into £500,000: the pros and cons of starting a Sipp for your child Telegraph - 21 hours ago
- FTSE 100 movers: Barclays and Glencore fall after annual results, Taylor Wimpey higher Sharecast - 21 hours ago
Shares in Barclays fell after the bank set aside a total of £1.25bn for provisions to cover litigation costs related to ongoing probes into mis-selling PPI and rigging foreign exchange rates. The news ...
- DISCLOSURE FORM - CATLIN GROUP LTD - AMENDMENT Business Wire - 23 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM AMENDMENT 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation ...
- Form 8.5 (EPT/NON-RI) - CATLIN GROUP Business Wire - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:56 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.5 (EPT/NON-RI) PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY AN EXEMPT PRINCIPAL TRADER WITHOUT RECOGNISED INTERMEDIARY (“RI”) STATUS (OR WHERE RI STATUS IS NOT ...
- London open: Taylor Wimpey and Ashtead drive markets higher, Barclays falls Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 09:22 GMT
The FTSE 100 was closing in on another record high on Tuesday morning as impressive German data and gains from Taylor Wimpey and Ashtead helped markets higher.
- London midday: Stocks pull back as corporate earnings disappoint Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 00:16 GMT
After coming close to another record high early on, UK stocks flatlined by Tuesday lunchtime as corporate earnings received a cool reaction from investors.
- Brokers overwhelmingly bullish on Barclays post earnings Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 00:13 GMT
A handful of brokerages continue to rate Barclays stock as 'buy' despite Tuesday's results from the bank that contain a huge increase in provisions to cover the costs of legal fees relating to scandals....
- FOREX-Dollar nudges 11-year high as euro gives up gains Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 20:06 GMT
"The dollar's long-term trend is up but it now is in some consolidation," said Paul Christopher, international strategist at Wells Fargo (Hanover: NWT.HA - news) in St Louis. The euro was higher against the dollar briefly on Monday on the back of marginally stronger economic numbers before the start of the European …
- FTSE 250 movers: Amlin sinks on weak profits, Electrocomponents up as chairman buys shares Sharecast - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 17:42 GMT
Amlin, the British insurer and re-insurer, topped the fallers after reporting a drop in full-year pre-tax profit by 21%, as an environment of low interest rates and weaker investment return dented profitability. ...