- Week ahead: Political debates and central banks in focus Sharecast - 18 hours ago
With little doubt what will be of most interest for investors next week, given that the next general elections are now looming, will be the three-way election debate between Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ...
- London close: HSBC and miners lead gains Sharecast - 19 hours ago
UK stocks ended the session higher, tracking gains on the other side of the Atlantic despite the somewhat mixed newsflow coming out of Greece.
- Can These 3 Stocks Beat The FTSE 100? Banco Santander SA, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc And Old Mutual plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 12:28 BST
Are these 3 stocks worth buying now ahead of top notch performance? Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB) and Old Mutual plc (LON: OML).
- DISCLOSURE FORM - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:28 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose ...
- Fairfax optimistic about prospects of a Greek debt deal Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 22:55 BST
Fairfax Financial Holdings , which bet on the success of a Greek turnaround last year, said on Thursday it is confident that Greece will reach a deal with its counterparts in the euro zone and remain a part of the currency bloc. Fairfax last year became a key player in the bailout of one of the country's largest lenders …
- Bramson steps up pressure on Electra as he adds to his stake Telegraph - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 21:33 BST
Activist investor Edward Bramson has added to the votes he controls in Electra Private Equity as he moves to shake up the firm
- Friday preview: Eurogroup puts Greece on the table at Riga meeting Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 18:23 BST
Greece will dominate the agenda on Friday when Eurozone finance ministers gather in Riga.
- London close: Mining stocks stage late rally on Chinese stimulus hopes Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 18:18 BST
UK stocks finished higher after a choppy session on Thursday, with investors having to digest a raft of corporate earnings, mixed economic data and developments in Greece.
- FTSE 100 movers: Anglo American, utility stocks surge Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 17:11 BST
Anglo American, owner of jeweler De Beers, surged on Thursday as the mining giant cut its forecast for annual diamond production in order to avoid overproduction in the weaker diamond market.
- 3 Of The Best Income Stocks In The FTSE 100: HSBC Holdings plc, BAE Systems plc And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 16:27 BST
These 3 stocks could make a major difference to your income: HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN)
- Dealing Disclosure - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 11:49 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Disclosure form 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose ...
- London open: Stocks fall as Chinese and Eurozone PMIs miss forecasts Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 10:18 BST
UK stocks inched lower on Thursday morning after purchasing managers' index (PMI) data from both China and Europe disappointed.
- 5 Stocks On The Cusp Of Stunning Returns: BT Group plc, United Utilities Group PLC, RSA Insurance Group plc, Berkeley Group Holdings PLC And Croda International Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 13:21 BST
These 5 stocks could be worth buying right now: BT Group plc (LON: BT.A), United Utilities Group PLC (LON: UU), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Berkeley Group Holdings PLC (LON: BKG) and Croda International ...
- 5 Tasty Smaller Cap Dividends: Ladbrokes PLC, Kier Group plc, KCOM Group PLC, Amlin plc And City of London Investment Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 13:19 BST
Could dividends from Ladbrokes PLC (LON: LAD), Kier Group plc (LON: KIE), KCOM Group PLC (LON: KCOM), Amlin plc (LON: AML) and City of London Investment Group PLC (LON: CLIG) boost your success?
- Have Aviva plc And Prudential plc Topped Out Already? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 09:59 BST
Aviva plc (LON:AV) and Prudential plc (LON:PRU) may be worth a bet right now, but there are risks, argues this Fool.
- EU mounts fresh bid to end U.S. reinsurance collateral rule Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 22:31 BST
The European Union will mount a fresh bid to persuade the United States to free up the billions of euros in collateral it requires foreign reinsurers to set aside against policies. EU states agreed on Tuesday to give the bloc's executive European Commission a mandate to negotiate a regulatory pact with the United States. …
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Echo, Flotek, GE, Gevo, IBM Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 19:31 BST
U.S. stocks were mixed on Tuesday, with the Dow industrials pulled down by a handful of uninspiring earnings reports, while the Nasdaq was pushed higher by a proposed biotech merger. The Dow Jones industrial ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Echo, Gevo, Mylan Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 17:13 BST
U.S. stocks ticked lower on Tuesday, with the Dow industrials weighed by companies reporting earnings while the Nasdaq gained on the back of a proposed merger in the biotech sector. The Dow Jones industrial ...
- Credit Suisse’s new boss Tidjane Thiam dealt tough hand as bank reveals capital fall Telegraph - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 13:02 BST
Decline in capital ratio at Swiss bank takes shine off profits and raises prospect of fund-raising early into new chief executive's tenure
- How much income before you bleed your pension dry? Telegraph - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 12:34 BST
- Thiam expected to start Credit Suisse CEO role in mid-June Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 11:15 BST
Prudential (LSE: PRU.L - news) boss Tidjane Thiam will start his new role as head of Credit Suisse (NYSE: CS - news) some time in the middle of June, the Swiss bank's outgoing chief executive said on Tuesday. "I think that Tidjane, we're assuming, will start sort of in the middle of June," current Chief Executive Brady …
- Credit Suisse profits jump by nearly a quarter AFP - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 10:37 BST
- Tate & Lyle to restructure European venture, Splenda unit Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 10:27 BST
British food ingredients maker Tate & Lyle (LSE: TATE.L - news) announced a major restructuring on Tuesday, saying it would exit most of its European bulk ingredients business and make changes to its struggling Splenda sucralose unit. Yet within specialty ingredients, Tate's sucralose business has been hammered over the …
- Tate & Lyle alters European joint venture, Splenda business Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 07:28 BST
Tate & Lyle (LSE: TATE.L - news) on Tuesday said it would exit most of its European bulk ingredients business and restructure its struggling Splenda sucralose business, in a bid to focus on and strengthen its specialty food ingredients business. Regarding a European corn wet-milling joint venture the company has with …
- British car insurance premiums fall in first quarter-AA Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 00:01 BST
British car insurance premiums fell by 1 percent in the first quarter due to discounts on offer early in the year, roadside recovery service the AA said on Tuesday, following two quarters of price rises. The average quote for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy was 530.47 pounds ($790) in the first quarter, the …