- BUZZ-Lancashire: Stock retreat after recent strong gains Reuters - UK Focus - 14 minutes ago
** Shares in Lancashire Holdings retreat after recent strong gains ** Lancashire, which has jumped nearly 25 pct from the beginning of CY2015, down about 4 pct ** Traders say fall likely profit taking ...
- Zurich Insurance says any RSA bid likely to be all in cash Reuters - UK Focus - 40 minutes ago
Zurich Insurance Group said that any offer it might make for British rival RSA would likely be in cash. The bid by the cash-rich Swiss firm for RSA Insurance Group could top $8 billion, a further example of consolidation in the sector as insurers look to diversify amid tighter regulations and toughening market conditions. …
- St James's Place takes compensation levy hit, shares fall Reuters - UK Focus - 50 minutes ago
British wealth manager St James's Place said its first-half profit was hit by a sharp and unexpected rise in its contribution to an industry compensation scheme, sending its shares lower. The prospect of a rise in customer claims related to self-invested personal pensions has led to an increase in the UK's Financial Services …
- Zurich Insurance says any RSA offer likely to be all in cash Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Zurich Insurance Group said any offer it might make for British rival RSA would probably be in cash. Cash-rich Zurich is weighing a bid for RSA which could top $8 billion as insurers look to diversify amid tighter regulations and toughening market conditions. "Further to the announcement issued on July 28, 2015, in relation …
- LATAM WRAP-S&P's negative outlook puts pressure on Brazil Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
S&P's decision to put Brazil's BBB- rating on negative outlook cast a shadow over what had been a positive Tuesday in the LatAm credit markets. Brazilian bond prices dipped after S&P raised the possibility of demoting the country's credit standing to junk, though overall the response was relatively muted. Brazil 2025s …
- Equities bounce back as investors shrug off Chinese woes Telegraph - 15 hours ago
After five days of losses Britain's benchmark index recovered on Tuesday amid strong corporate results and takeover activity.
- Europe close: Stocks rebound following China selloff Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The European stock market rebounded on Tuesday from losses in the previous session prompted by the selloff in China.
- Cash-rich Zurich Insurance eyes bid for British rival RSA Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
ZURICH/LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - Cash-rich Zurich Insurance is weighing a bid for British rival RSA which could top $8 billion, as insurers look to diversify amid tighter regulations and toughening market conditions. Zurich's statement on Tuesday that it was considering a bid drove the largest one-day gain for 23 years …
- Broker tips: Centrica, RSA Insurance, Aveva Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Investec upgraded shares of Centrica to 'buy' from 'hold' and raised its price target to 300p from 250p for two reasons.
- Tracker funds get cheaper as BlackRock cuts charges in half Telegraph - 17 hours ago
Price cuts at giant BlackRock means passive fund investing is getting even cheaper
- Britain's FTSE rebounds on deal-making prospects Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
Britain's top share index snapped a five-day losing streak on Tuesday, with hopes for corporate deal-making and robust corporate results offsetting market turmoil in China and worries about emerging-market ...
- FTSE 100 movers: RSA rockets, Hikma higher Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's primary index was holding onto its gain by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, boosted by deals and deal talk.
- Market overview: Greek Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 1403: Various reports on Tuesday afternoon indicated the European Central Bank had granted permission for the Athens Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday, albeit with restrictions.
- Canaccord ups RSA Insurance to 'buy', cites possible bid from Zurich Insurance Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - With a potential bid now on the cards, Canaccord Genuity raised its rating on RSA Insurance to 'buy' from 'sell' and upped the target price to 500p from 385p, which is a 10% discount ...
- Additional Listing Business Wire - 19 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc (“Amlin”) Listing of Shares An application has been made to the UK Listing Authority and the London Stock Exchange Plc for 1,167,151 Ordinary shares of 28.125p each ("Shares") ...
- Rule 2.10 Announcement Business Wire - 20 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT ...
- Should You Buy Drax Group plc, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc, Elementis plc And Segro plc After Today’s Earnings? Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
Drax Group plc (LON:DRX), Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (LON:JLT), Elementis plc (LON:ELM) and SEGRO plc (LON:SGRO) reported their first half results today.
- European equities fizz on takeover news AFP - 21 hours ago
- European stock markets bounce back on M&A activity Telegraph - 21 hours ago
European stocks recovered from a five-day spell of losses thanks to strong company results and acquisition announcements
- Statement re Possible Offer Business Wire - 21 hours ago
The Board of RSA Insurance Group plc (“RSA”) notes the announcement by Zurich Insurance Group (“Zurich”) that it is evaluating a potential offer for RSA. RSA has not held talks with or received a proposal from Zurich and shareholders are advised to take no action.
- RSA Insurance Group plc Surges 15% As Zurich Insurance Group Ltd Considers Bid Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Shares in RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) are in-demand as a takeover from Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (VTX: ZURN) is on the cards
- European shares up after recent losses; earnings and M&A support Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
European shares bounced back on Tuesday, lifted by strong company results and news of acquisitions after falling in the previous five sessions on concerns over China's growth. The FTSEurofirst 300 index ...
- RSA rockets as Zurich Insurance confirms it's mulling a bid Sharecast - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 09:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in RSA Insurance surged 12% after Zurich Insurance confirmed on Tuesday that it is evaluating a potential offer for the company.
- BUZZ-RSA: best day in 6.5 yrs after Zurich confirms bid interest Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 08:25 BST
** RSA poised for biggest one-day rise since February 2009 in heavy volume after Zurich confirms interest in the British insurer ** No certainty an offer will be made ** RSA, up 10.8%, 2nd-top riser on ...
- UPDATE 1-Zurich says weighing up bid for British insurer RSA Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 07:28 BST
ZURICH/LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance (Xetra: ZFI1.DE - news) said on Tuesday it was weighing up a bid for British $7 billion rival RSA Insurance Group, in what would be the latest industry consolidation amid toughening regulations. Amid increased market speculation over recent days, the Swiss-based Zurich, …