- Week ahead: Inflation figures in UK, China and US flood market Sharecast - 23 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Inflation data in the UK, China and the US will be in the spotlight this coming week.
- Form 8.3 - Amlin plc Business Wire - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 15:13 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- Do Super Dividends Make HSBC Holdings plc, Admiral Group plc And BHP Billiton plc Into Screaming Buys? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 13:37 BST
Should we grab 6% and more from HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) and BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT)?
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 13:30 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc Transactions in shares by Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility (“PDMRs”) Ordinary Shares of £1 each 09 October 2015 On 08 October 2015, RSA Insurance ...
- 5 Financials Flying Again: Aberdeen Asset Management plc, Hargreaves Lansdown PLC, Old Mutual plc, Schroders plc & St James’s Place plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 11:32 BST
Harvey Jones says the last week has seen financial fireworks from Aberdeen Asset Management plc (LON: ADN), Hargreaves Lansdown PLC (LON: HL), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML), Schroders plc (LON: SDR) & St James’s ...
- 3 Top Income Stocks: Banco Santander SA, Aviva plc And Admiral Group plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 11:30 BST
Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), Aviva plc (LON: AV) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) could boost your portfolio's returns.
- London open: Stocks rise after BoE, ECB and Fed meeting minutes Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 10:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were in positive territory on Friday as investors continued to analyse policy meeting minutes from the Bank of England, European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve.
- London midday: Rally in mining stocks boost equities Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 01:01 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE advanced on Friday at midday, driven by a rally in mining stocks as metal prices rose.
- UK quarterly motor insurance premiums up 4.8 pct, biggest rise since 2010 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 01:00 BST
Quarterly comprehensive car insurance premiums in Britain rose 4.8 percent, the biggest rise since 2010, according to Confused.com's car price insurance index. The increase, which has been steady for the ...
- Credit Suisse set to launch "substantial" capital raising -FT Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 17:41 BST
* Swiss bank will unveil new strategy on Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) . ZURICH, Oct 8 (Reuters) - Swiss bank Credit Suisse plans to tap investors for a "substantial" capital raising to fund a restructuring of the bank under new Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam, the Financial Times said on Thursday. Since taking charge …
- Friday preview: UK trade balance, US wholesale figures Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 16:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK trade data on Friday is expected to show the deficit narrowed in August.
- Investing your first £10,000: our precision guide Telegraph - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:17 BST
Are you about to invest for the first time? It can be a daunting step, but we have a precision plan for all the stages you need to go through
- New rules drive life insurers to hedge pension risk outside Europe Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 13:46 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 8 (Reuters) - Life insurers selling higher-risk products like annuities are moving to reinsure or hedge this business outside Europe to soften the impact of new capital rules which could add hundreds of millions of pounds to their costs. The new European rules, known as Solvency II, …
- Godfrey Exit Casts Doubt Over City Pay Probe Sky News - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 02:48 BST
A far-reaching probe into Britain's executive pay culture could be threatened by the ousting of its architect as the boss of the fund management industry's trade body. Sky News has learnt that the Investment Association is likely to reconsider a decision to undertake the inquiry, which was launched last month by Daniel …
- Head of UK fund industry trade body quits abruptly Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 12:23 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 7 (Reuters) - The head of Britain's fund industry trade body quit his job on Wednesday following reports that several firms were on the verge of leaving the organisation. Daniel Godfrey, chief executive of the Investment Association, was leaving with immediate effect, the body said …
- What Everybody Needs To Know About Aviva plc, Old Mutual plc, Standard Life Plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC & Hiscox Ltd Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 10:56 BST
These 5 insurers look set to soar: Aviva plc (LON: AV), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML), Standard Life Plc (LON:SL), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON: DLG) and Hiscox Ltd (LON: HSX)
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Lloyds Banking Group PLC, Barclays PLC And Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 06:09 BST
Top dividend portfolio Merchants Trust plc (LON:MRCH) has bought Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON:LLOY), Barclays PLC (LON:BARC) and Prudential plc (LON:PRU) in the summer market sell-off.
- Cameron Shifts Stance On Business And Brexit Sky News - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 18:50 BST
David Cameron has told his closest business advisers they are free to speak publicly about the benefits of European Union (EU) membership as part of what insiders described as an unexpected change of tone from Downing Street. Sky News has learnt that the Prime Minister agreed at a meeting of his Business Advisory Group …
- Prudential Mortgage Capital Company provides $197 million loan for student housing portfolio in London Business Wire - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 14:36 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Prudential Mortgage Capital Company has provided a $197 million (£130m) loan to GCP Student Living to finance a five property, student housing portfolio, the company announced ...
- L&G chief executive calls for flat UK pension tax rate Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 09:29 BST
British insurer Legal & General chief executive Nigel Wilson on Tuesday called for a flat UK pension tax rate of 20 percent, in response to a government consultation on pension taxation. Wilson said in ...
- Investor Body Fights To Avoid Member Exodus Sky News - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 19:03 BST
The fund management industry's biggest trade association is facing a battle to avoid the resignation of members controlling more than £1trn in assets ahead of a crucial directors' meeting on Tuesday. Sky News has learnt that Fidelity Investments, which manages £184bn, is considering joining M&G Investments and Schroders …
- Questor special: Should I buy Lloyds discount shares? Telegraph - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 16:44 BST
The bank has made progress on its turnaround and dividends are set to rise. But there are some big risks on the horizon, says Questor
- Global regulators finalise new capital rule for big insurers Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 15:29 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 5 (Reuters) - The world's nine biggest insurance companies will have to hold more capital under new rules finalised by global regulators that aim to prevent taxpayer bailouts of the industry in a crisis. Regulators decided to look at the multi-trillion dollar insurance industry following …
- APR Energy in buyout talks with largest shareholder Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 13:15 BST
Power plant supplier APR Energy Plc is in talks to be bought out by a consortium that includes its largest shareholder after a year dogged by the loss of projects in war-torn regions. APR's London-listed ...
- Will Vodafone Group plc, Prudential plc And Allied Minds PLC Beat The Index? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 12:47 BST
Are these 3 stocks set to soar? Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Allied Minds PLC (LON: ALM)