- Week ahead: Manufacturing surveys, US jobs report in focus Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Economic data over the coming holiday-shortened week will provide investors with further clues on the staying power of the US economic expansion and clues regarding the efficacy, or ...
- There has never been a better time to buy GlaxoSmithKline plc, Persimmon plc and Admiral Group plc Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) are growing companies that produce a high income.
- London open: Stocks rise as UK consumer confidence improves Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged slightly higher on Friday after a report showed an improvement in UK consumer confidence and as investors awaited data on US economic growth.
- Are Vodafone Group plc, Debenhams plc and Admiral Group plc the best dividend stocks EVER? Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Should income-seeking investors look no further than Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Debenhams plc (LON: DEB) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM)?
- Are Standard Chartered plc, Esure Group plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc on course to beat the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 26, 2016 09:40 BST
Should you buy these four stocks right now? Standard Chartered plc (LON: STAN), Esure Group plc (LON: ESUR), Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS) and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (LON: JLT)....
- Legal & General chairman to step down in June Sharecast - Thu, May 26, 2016 08:29 BST
(ShareCast News) - Legal & General chairman John Stewart has set a date of 1 June for his retirement, when he will be replaced on an interim basis by senior independent director Rudy Markham.
- Alberta wildfire singes companies beyond energy sector Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:55 BST
TORONTO/MONTREAL, May 25 (Reuters) - The wildfire that has ravaged northern Alberta and cut Canadian crude output by 25 percent is set to crimp corporate earnings beyond the oil patch, especially hitting the rail and hospitality sectors. The fire, which has caused an estimated $50 million a day in lost production for oil …
- MOVES-Centrica appoints RSA's Hester as non-executive director Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:46 BST
Britain's largest energy supplier, Centrica, has appointed Stephen Hester, chief executive of insurer RSA, as a non-executive director, Centrica said on Wednesday. Hester will become a member of Centrica's ...
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Wed, May 25, 2016 16:38 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...
- Can Fresnillo plc, Randgold Resources limited and Admiral Group plc keep on flying? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 25, 2016 16:04 BST
Fresnillo plc (LON: FRES), Randgold Resources limited (LON: RRS) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) are soaring, but can they keep going?
- L&G left red faced after getting its chief exec's pay wrong Telegraph - Wed, May 25, 2016 15:42 BST
L&G left red faced after getting its chief exec's pay wrong
- Director Declaration Business Wire - Wed, May 25, 2016 11:20 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc (the ‘Company’) Director Declaration 25 May 2016 On the 25 May 2016 the Company was notified that Stephen Hester, Group Chief Executive and a Director of ...
- Which is the best income play: Severn Trent plc (3.54%), Old Mutual Group plc (4.97%) or SSE plc (5.91%)? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 25, 2016 10:40 BST
Severn Trent plc (LON: SVT), Old Mutual Group plc (LSE: OML) and SE plc (LON: SSE) could be your income dream team, says Harvey Jones.
- UK motor insurers make underwriting loss in 2015 -survey Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 10:13 BST
UK motor insurers made an underwriting loss in 2015 and that loss is likely to deepen this year as higher insurance taxes encourage drivers to shop around for the cheapest deal, a survey from consultancy Deloitte said on Wednesday. Insurance premium tax rose last year by 3.5 percentage points to 9.5 percent, and has risen …
- Is GlaxoSmithKline plc a better dividend buy than Standard Life plc and Legal & General Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 25, 2016 09:00 BST
Does a lack of dividend growth hold back GlaxoSmithKline plc's (LON: GSK) income appeal versus Standard Life plc (LON: SL) and Legal & General Group plc (LON: LGEN)?
- Britain's FTSE 100 hits three-week high as banks rally Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 17:47 BST
Britain's top share index rose on Tuesday, bolstered by a rally in banking stocks and a well-received trading statement from Kingfisher. The FTSE 100 index was up 82.83 points, or 1.4 percent, at 6,219.26 ...
- FTSE 100 movers: RBS and Tesco lead strong rally Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 16:53 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 shrugged off an early dip to put on a strong gain over Tuesday's session as Brexit odds lengthened, oil prices strengthened and a banking sector tracking expectations of ...
- Dividend chasers can’t afford to miss FTSE 100 stars Admiral Group plc, Vodafone Group plc and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA! Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 24, 2016 16:29 BST
Royston Wild explains why income chasers need to check out FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) plays Admiral Group plc (LON:ADM), Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA (LON:IAG)....
- Britain's FTSE 100 hits three-week high as banks, Kingfisher rally Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 15:37 BST
Britain's top share index rose on Tuesday, bolstered by a rally in banking stocks and a well-received trading statement from Kingfisher. The FTSE 100 index was up 83.32 points, or 1.4 percent, at 6,219.75 ...
- Why Old Mutual plc could be a better pick than Barclays plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 24, 2016 11:24 BST
Why Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) could be a better buy than Barclays plc (LON: BARC).
- London open: Stocks rise ahead of BoE testimony Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 10:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged higher on Tuesday ahead of a Parliamentary testimony from Bank of England officials including governor Mark Carney.
- Old Mutual confirms approaches for stake in U.S. fund arm Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 07:47 BST
Anglo-South African financial services company Old Mutual on Tuesday confirmed it had received multiple approaches from potential buyers of its stake in U.S. fund firm Old Mutual Asset Management . The ...
- London midday: Stocks rise as Brexit concerns ease after poll Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 01:03 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks advanced on Tuesday after a new poll showed the Remain campaign for the European Union referendum is leading.
- Director dealings: Jardine Matheson's Keswick sells shares Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 18:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - Simon Keswick, a descendent of the founders of Jardine Matheson, has sold US$425,608-worth of shares in the legendary Asian conglomerate.
- Tuesday preview: Severn Trent expected to cut full year dividend Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 18:07 BST
(ShareCast News) - Utility group Severn Trent is expected to report a decline in full year earnings on Tuesday following the regulator's decision to cut household bills.