- Wary investors seek solid foundations in UK property post-Brexit Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
Property investors are buying into student flats, health centres and care homes, favouring their long leases and steady tenants over retail and offices which have been hit by Britain's vote to quit the European Union. Buying of so-called alternative or specialist property has picked up since June's referendum knocked the …
- Pru's UK staff take industrial action over Mumbai job plan Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 31, 2016 00:01 BST
Staff at British insurer Prudential (HKSE: 2378.HK - news) are taking industrial action over plans to move 76 jobs to Mumbai from the southern English town of Reading, the Unite union said. Staff in the Prudential's annuities department in Reading will from Wednesday not carry out work linked to the transfer of the jobs …
- L&G Moots New Mortgage 'Marketplace' Matching Investors With Homebuyers Telegraph - Tue, Aug 30, 2016 07:00 BST
- Individual lenders hold the key to solving housing crisis, says Legal & General Telegraph - Mon, Aug 29, 2016 19:18 BST
Individual lenders hold the key to solving housing crisis, says Legal & General
- Solid U.S. consumer spending boosts prospect of Fed rate hike Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 29, 2016 16:27 BST
Monday's report from the Commerce Department came several days after Fed Chair Janet Yellen said the case for raising rates had strengthened in recent months. "This report is a mixed bag for the Fed. While the consumer sector is continuing to advance solidly, progress towards the Fed's inflation mandate has stalled," said …
- MOVES-UAE bank Mashreq appoints Pella to head investment unit Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 29, 2016 08:29 BST
Mashreq has appointed Christophe Pella as head of its asset management unit and chief executive of its Mashreq Capital arm, the Dubai-based bank said in a statement on Monday. Pella most recently served as a global rates portfolio manager in London at Legal & General Investment Management. Mashreq Capital is based in …
- Should you buy these 3 stocks despite their low yields? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 14:04 BST
Sometimes stocks on lower yields can offer greater long-term potential, says Harvey Jones.
- London firms losing faith in quick-fix access to EU after Brexit Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 14:01 BST
Big financial groups in London are losing faith in a quick fix to get access to the European Union (KSE: 000910.KS - news) after Britain leaves the bloc and are instead drawing up contingency plans to avoid becoming hostage to Brussels politics. In the aftermath of Britain's vote to leave the EU, legal experts said banks, …
- 3 Neil Woodford bargain picks Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 10:50 BST
Here are three Woodford blue chips on cheap earnings ratings.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 14:44 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) SJP was notified on 24 August 2016 of the following changes in SJP shares held by the Person Discharging Managerial Responsibilities (“PDMR) named ...
- Investor group rebukes Sports Direct, wants review of management Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 14:19 BST
An investor group whose members manage 850 billion pounds ($1.1 trillion) of UK equities has taken the unusual step of publicly rebuking the management of Sports Direct and calling for an independent review. The Investor Forum, which speaks for some 12 percent of the retailer's equity, called on Thursday on the Sports …
- Paying 0.01pc, is this Britain's worst cash Isa? Telegraph - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 13:28 BST
Paying 0.01pc, is this Britain's worst cash Isa?
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 10:30 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: ii RSA Insurance Group ...
- Are these 3 fallers too cheap to ignore? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 15:43 BST
Are there bargains to be had among these depressed shares?
- 3 shares with post-referendum momentum Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 14:40 BST
These three firms have decent fundamentals, reasonable valuations and momentum.
- Schroders bulks up US credit team Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 16:59 BST
Schroders (LSE: SDR.L - news) said it has made three senior hires for its New York credit and trading teams to help handle the growing global interest in the US credit markets. The UK-headquartered asset manager said that David Knutson, formerly with Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) , is taking on a newly created …
- Which of these Neil Woodford dividend stocks should you buy today? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:42 BST
Roland Head takes a look at two of star fund manager Neil Woodford's top income holdings.
- How a home made in seven days could help solve the housing crisis Telegraph - Sat, Aug 20, 2016 14:50 BST
How a home made in seven days could help solve the housing crisis
- Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad' Telegraph - Sat, Aug 20, 2016 07:42 BST
Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad'
- Should you buy the 3 highest-yielding stocks from the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 15:27 BST
Take a look at whether the FTSE 100's (INDEXFTSE: UKX) three biggest dividend stocks are worth adding to your portfolio?
- Am I crazy to hold the full £50k in Premium Bonds? Telegraph - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 14:17 BST
Am I crazy to hold the full £50k in Premium Bonds?
- Britain's FTSE edges up, helped by miner rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 17:06 BST
UK shares edged up on Thursday, breaking a two-day losing streak after commodity-related stocks gained on the back of a weaker dollar. The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up 0.1 percent to 6,868.96 points ...
- British firms face higher bill to escape growing pension black hole Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 13:10 BST
Britain's vote to leave the European Union and a subsequent interest rate cut have worsened some companies' pension deficits and raised the price they must pay to hand off the risk to insurers. While some companies could still prefer to pump in as much money as necessary to get their troublesome scheme off the books, the …
- Britain's FTSE gains as miners rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 10:10 BST
UK shares rose on Thursday, breaking a two-day losing streak after commodity-related stocks gained on the back of a weaker dollar. The blue chip FTSE 100 index rose 0.2 percent to 6874.03 points by 0858 ...
- Britain's FTSE dragged down by drop in Admiral Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 17:16 BST
A slump in Admiral shares dragged Britain's top stock index down further from the 14-month highs it hit on Wednesday, after the car insurer said that market volatility caused by Britain's vote to leave ...