- U.S. existing home sales decline, prices still strong Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 18:38 BST
The slump in sales reported by the National Association of Realtors on Wednesday is likely to be temporary, given that a tightening labor market is steadily pushing up wages and mortgage rates are near historically low levels. Existing home sales declined 3.2 percent to an annual rate of 5.39 million units last month, …
- Mortgage Approvals Slump To 18 Month Low After Brexit Vote Sky News - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 14:46 BST
- Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad' Telegraph - Sat, Aug 20, 2016 07:42 BST
Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad'
- 'I'm 37 and mortgage free. How soon can I retire?' Telegraph - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 11:26 BST
'I'm 37 and mortgage free. How soon can I retire?'
- Seven-year mortgage rates drop below 2pc Telegraph - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 13:50 BST
Seven-year mortgage rates drop below 2pc
- Stripped of my HSBC Premier account because I paid off my mortgage Telegraph - Sun, Aug 14, 2016 07:45 BST
Stripped of my HSBC Premier account because I paid off my mortgage
- 'TSB gave me the wrong mortgage information after my husband died' Telegraph - Sat, Aug 13, 2016 07:40 BST
'TSB gave me the wrong mortgage information after my husband died'
- Nationwide Pledge to Savers As Profits Rise Sky News - Fri, Aug 12, 2016 14:11 BST
Nationwide (LSE: NBS.L - news) has said it will pass on the Bank of England's 0.25% interest rate cut to tracker and some other mortgage customers and protect the rates on some savings accounts. The building society saw quarterly pre-tax profits to 30 June rise 6% to £401m, and has reported an underlying profit of £368m …
- City Watchdog Warns Of Buy-To-Let Clampdown Sky News - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 15:21 BST
- What the Bank Rate cut means for your mortgage Telegraph - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 12:16 BST
- Building societies 'won't be able to compete with banks on mortgage pricing' Telegraph - Tue, Aug 9, 2016 17:10 BST
Building societies 'won't be able to compete with banks on mortgage pricing'
- Third Of Households Close To Homelessness Sky News - Tue, Aug 9, 2016 11:42 BST
One in three households would struggle to pay their rent or mortgage for more than a month if they lost their job, according to new figures. A study by Shelter and YouGov (LSE: YOU.L - news) comes from a July poll of 8,381 adults - including 1,581 working families with children. The study found 37% of households would …
- I'm over 65 and need a mortgage - who will lend to me? Telegraph - Mon, Aug 8, 2016 10:31 BST
- Lloyds still reviewing whether to pass on BoE rate cut to variable rate customers Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 8, 2016 09:38 BST
Lloyds Banking Group (Other OTC: LLOBF - news) said on Monday it is still reviewing whether it will pass on a 25 basis point cut in the Bank of England base rate to its standard variable mortgage customers. Britain's largest mortgage lender is the last major high street bank holding out against the Bank of England's …
- 'Lifetime Mortgages' For Over-65s Drop To Lowest-Ever Rate Of 4.44pc Telegraph - Mon, Aug 8, 2016 08:29 BST