- FTSE 100 movers: RSA rockets, Hikma higher Sharecast - 11 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - London's primary index was holding onto its gain by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, boosted by deals and deal talk.
- WPP's Kantar Media invests in data analytics business Sharecast - 18 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - WPP's subsidiary Kantar Media has invested in data analytics firm BIScience.
- Athens Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday, reports claim Sharecast - 19 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The European Central Bank accepted a Greek proposal for the Athens Stock Exchange to reopen, according to a spokeswoman for the bourse cited by Bloomberg.
- UPS delivers stronger than expected earnings Sharecast - 21 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in United Parcel Service (UPS) climbed over 4% in early trading in New York on Tuesday, after the delivery giant posted better-than-expected earnings in the second quarter.
- US house prices increase in May Sharecast - 35 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - US house prices climbed 1.1% month-on-month in May, according to the Case-Shiller 20-city composite index released on Tuesday.
- Earthport opens office in Singapure to expand its fotoprint Sharecast - 36 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Earthport, a payment network group for cross border transactions, has chosen Singapore as its new regional base in Asia, as part of its expansion plans.
- Market overview: Greek Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday Sharecast - 39 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - 1403: Various reports on Tuesday afternoon indicated the European Central Bank had granted permission for the Athens Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday, albeit with restrictions.
- Greencoat net asset value weakens off lower forecast power prices Sharecast - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Windfarm investment trust Greencoat reported a fall in net asset value per share over the last six months, from 105.5p in the six months to December 2014 to 104.2p to June 2015.
- Rout in Chinese stocks heralds wider weakness if Fed raises rates, Rabobank says Sharecast - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Chinese stock-markets saw follow-through selling from Monday's sharp losses as investors continued to try and understand both what provoked the relapse and the potential implications ...
- Canaccord ups RSA Insurance to 'buy', cites possible bid from Zurich Insurance Sharecast - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - With a potential bid now on the cards, Canaccord Genuity raised its rating on RSA Insurance to 'buy' from 'sell' and upped the target price to 500p from 385p, which is a 10% discount ...
- FX round-up: ECB should increase QE if necessary, IMF says Sharecast - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Another slide in Chinese stocks sparked a wave of risk aversion that swept across all asset classes on Monday.
- Next lifts sales and profit guidance on warm weather boost Sharecast - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Clothing retailer Next has raised its sales and profit guidance for the year as warmer weather at the end of the season boosted second-quarter sales.
- BP posts 64% decline in second-quarter profits Sharecast - 2 hours 1 minute ago
(ShareCast News) - BP has reported a 64% slump quarterly profits as the low oil price and fallout from the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill continued to dent its takings.
- RBS plans to sell more Citizens shares, could cut stake to below 25% Sharecast - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Royal Bank of Scotland intends to sell part of its shareholding in Citizens Financial Group in an underwritten public follow-on offering.
- UK average house price overtakes pre-crisis high, says Land Registry Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK property price trends are on the rise, according to the Land Registry, lifting the average property value in England and Wales during June above the pre-crisis high.
- Cameron says there is no place for "dirty money" in the UK property market Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Prime Minister David Cameron said London is not "a place to stash dodgy cash" from foreign fraudsters, promising to tackle corruption in the country.
- Brammer posts drop in first-half profit but says on track for full year Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Brammer posted a 19.4% drop in first-half pre-tax profit, dented by a weak euro, although the company said it remains on track to deliver on its full-year expectations.
- Galliford Try seals £48.5m Lincolnshire schools contract Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Galliford Try has reached final close with the Education Funding Agency for the £48.5m North and North East Lincolnshire batch of schools in the Priority School Building Programme.
- Hays is standout loser on FTSE 100 after RBC downgrade Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Hays was the standout loser on the FTSE 100 after RBC Capital Markets cut the stock to 'underperform' from 'sector perform', retaining its 160p price target.
- Trinity Exploration tumbles as Centrica deal is terminated Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Trinity Exploration & Production tumbled after the company said late on Monday that it has been unable to extend the term of its agreement to complete the purchase of 80% interests ...
- Virgin Money impresses with maiden dividend and profits growth Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Virgin Money have regained some of the ground lost after the sector was hit by George Osborne's summer budget, as the 'challenger' bank declared a maiden dividend and lifted ...
- Gertjan Vlieghe appointed to MPC Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Dr Gertjan Vlieghe was nominated on Tuesday to succeed David Miles on the Monetary Policy Committee when he steps down on 1 September.
- Greencore Group ups revenue in third quarter Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Convenience food firm Greencore posted a 6.2% jump in third quarter revenues, but warned of challenges in the UK grocery market.
- Nostrum quarter two revenue beats guidance Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Oil and gas company Nostrum said its production and budgets were on track as it posted its second quarter results.
- Shawbrook's interim profit surge on loan book increase Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shawbrook Group, one of the UK newly-listed banks, reported a surge in first half profit on the back of an increase in its loan book.
- Diageo and Heineken swap South Africa and Namiba joint ventures Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Diageo has agreed to sell all its stakes in joint-owned breweries in Namibia and South Africa to Heineken and take total ownership of a joint venture set up with the Dutch brewer.
- UK GDP growth accelerates in the second quarter, as expected Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The UK economy accelerated significantly in the second quarter of the year, led by growth in industrial production. Gross domestic product expanded at 0.7% quarter-on-quarter in the ...
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson reports marginal increase in interim profit Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Insurance and financial services provider Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group reported a marginal increase in the first half of the year.
- Domino's Pizza shares up as first half profit beats expectations Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in fast food chain Domino's Pizza were up 3.73% to 833.50p by 0853 BST after the company said system sales were up 14% for the half, from £426.7m to £375.0m.
- Elementis' interim profit declines as oil and gas sales drop Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Chemicals group Elementis saw its first half pre-tax profit decline, as its oil and gas related and businesses reported a drop in sales.
- GKN rallies on acquisition of aerospace supply firm; operating profit beats expectations Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in GKN rose sharply after it announced an agreement to acquire Dutch aerospace supply firm Fokker Technologies Group from Arle Capital for an enterprise value of €706m and posted ...
- Ashtead extends its senior credit facility Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Ashtead has amended and extended its senior credit facility that was due to mature in 2018.
- Drax shares boosted by first half earning result Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in electricity company Drax were up by more than 10% after the company said its earnings for the first half were up 18%.
- Segro's profits boosted by demand for parcel delivery, logistics and retailers Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Industrial real estate investment trust Segro posted a solid increase in interim profits thanks to strong demand from parcel delivery companies, logistics operators and retailers.
- Provident Financial pre-tax profit up 34.5%, increases dividend Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Financial services firm Provident Financial reported a rise in first half adjusted profit before tax of 34.5% and increased its interim dividend.