- Bonds: Yields rise ahead of FOMC Sharecast - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - US: 2.29% (+4bp)
- Commodities: Oil benchmarks firm up in Europe, after dropping to six-month low Sharecast - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The commodities market remained on a rocky footing on Wednesday, as oil benchmarks firmed up near six-month lows with spot precious metals also stabilising at relatively lower levels....
- Europe close: Most stocks higher as China market stabilises Sharecast - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks outside of Italy rallied as China's equity markets stabilised and investors welcomed a slate of positive earnings reports.
- London close: Defensives lead gains ahead of Fed meeting Sharecast - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Equity markets bounced back ahead of the policy announcement due out from the US Federal Reserve later on Wednesday, as investors waited for more clarity from the central bank before ...
- Rexel falls on sales slowdown Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Rexel fell after the company reported a slowdown in organic sales and said full year targets were now at the lower end of guidance.
- Mylan gets EU clearance for Perrigo clearance Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Drug company Mylan has regulatory approval for its takeover of Perrigo, a merger which would create one of the world's biggest sellers of low price medicines.
- Market Tech shares up despite acquisition delay Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Camden Market owner Market Tech rose after it confirmed a £31.1m property purchase was delayed.
- US open: Stocks edge higher ahead of Fed's statement Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US equities edged higher early on Wednesday, as investors awaited a statement from the Federal Reserve that could shed light over the timing of the first rate hike.
- FTSE 100 movers: GSK and Hikma lead blue chips higher Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 index built an early lead on Wednesday and stayed in positive territory thanks to forecast-busting results from several heavyweights in the pharma, tobacco and banking sectors....
- Sky flies as UK customer subscriptions soar Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - First full-year results from Sky after the merger with its Italian and German arms were solid and in many places better than the market expected thanks to impressive UK pay TV and broadband ...
- CareTech shares up on acquisition and funding news Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in CareTech rose after the social care company said it was acquiring a Scotland based care provider and had extended loan facilities.
- US pending home sales fall in June Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US pending home sales fell unexpectedly in June, data released on Wednesday showed.
- Vedanta's Indian arm produces flat revenues as zinc adds shine Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Despite the challenges of the commodity market, Vedanta Resources's 63%-owned Indian holding company Vedanta Limited produced largely flat first quarter revenues compared to the same ...
- British American Tobacco profit beats expectations but revenue hit by currency moves Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - British American Tobacco posted a rise in first-half profit, although revenue for the period was dented by currency moves.
- London open: US Fed in a pinch with CPI set to drop Sharecast - 9 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Stocks in London continued to bounce back ahead of Wednesday's policy decision from the US Federal Reserve, as some analyst warned of deflation risks.
- Sainsbury's sells in-store pharmacies to Lloyds Pharmacies owner Celesio Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Sainsbury's has agreed to sell its in-store pharmacies to Celesio, owner of Lloyds Pharmacies, for £125m.
- Man Group shares up as earnings beat expectations Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Man Group beat analysts' expectations by posting earnings per share of 13.9c for the first half of 2015.
- Wizz Air quarterly profit and revenue take off Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Budget airline Wizz Air reported double-digit growth in the first quarter, with a sharp increase in profit and revenue.
- Market overview: Net mortgage lending meets forecasts in June Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 0930: Mortgage approvals in the UK were running at a 66,000 pace in June, as expected by analysts. Net mortgage lending on the other hand edged past forecasts, increasing by £1.2bn (consensus: ...
- Premier Farnell shares tumble after profit warning Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Tech distributor Premier Farnell's shares tumbled after it said first half profit was likely to be 10% lower compared with the same period last year.
- Renishaw annual profit and revenue jump on large orders Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Precision measurement products manufacturer Renishaw reported a jump in annual profit before tax and revenue but warned its profit is expected to be lower next year.
- Foxtons surges despite drop in interim profits Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Lower property sales revenue and higher costs saw real estate Foxtons Group post a sharp decline in first half profit.
- Compass Group shares fall on restructuring warning Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Compass Group fell after it warned restructuring costs would impact full year operating margins.
- Tate & Lyle's H1 in line, full-year guidance unchanged Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Food ingredients producer Tate & Lyle said its performance during the first quarter of the year was in line with expectations driven by encouraging results from its speciality food ingredients ...
- Disneyland Paris to be investigated for selective overcharging Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The European Commission has urged French regulators to investigate Disneyland Paris for overcharging customers, after it received several complaints that British and German customers ...
- 3i Group starts year with strong portfolio performance Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 3i Group's net asset value per share rose in the first quarter to 400p from 396p in the quarter prior.
- Athens to reopen its stock market after ECB approval Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Greek stock market will reopen this week, after receiving approval from the European Central Bank (ECB), Greek officials confirmed on Tuesday.
- Barclays interims impress but dividend flat as McFarlane targets accelerated change Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Barclays first half results showed an strong increase in profits as it set aside a further £1.6bn provision for further litigation and mis-selling after paying the same amount in the ...
- London pre-open: Subdued start expected ahead of Fed Meeting Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Investors were expected to remain on the sidelines ahead of the conclusion of the US central bank's policy deliberations on Wednesday evening and post-meeting statement.
- Taylor Wimpey posts rise in first-half profit; to return £300m to shareholders Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Housebuilder Taylor Wimpey said it will return £300m in dividends to shareholders, as it posted a 33.4% rise in pre-tax profit following a strong selling season in spring and early summer....
- St James's Place blames levy increase for first half profit drop Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - St James's Place posted underlying profit before shareholder tax at £72.9m for the six months to June 2015, about 7% lower than the same period last year.
- US Close: Stocks gain as Fed meeting kicks off Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US markets broke a five day losing streak as investors were encouraged by signs of a Chinese recovery and the Federal Reserve headed into a two day meeting.
- International Personal Finance posts increase in interim profit Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Home credit business provider International Personal Finance reported an increase in first half profit before tax despite strong currency headwinds.
- London midday: All eyes on US Fed meeting Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Stocks were still in positive territory come midday as traders braced for the US Federal Reserve's policy announcement at 20:00 and whether it would in any way signal that a September ...
- Greece may call early election, admits Tsipras Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras has admitted that the country may have to call an early election due to rebels within his Syriza party.