- US midday: Stocks flat-line on Ukraine uncertainty Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Early gains on US stock markets were quickly erased on Thursday on the back of rising tensions in Ukraine, despite impressive results from a number of heavyweights, including Apple and Facebook. By midday ...
- Barclays faces investor outrage over bonuses - UPDATE Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Investors led by Standard Life Investments (SLI) gave banking group Barclays a bloody nose by voting against its controversial bonus policy on Thursday.
- Friday preview: Retail sales data and Pearson IMS ahead Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Barring any unexpected events global capital markets will have little to chew on come Friday.
- Premier Foods chairman ups stake after poor quarterly performance Sharecast - 7 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Tristel climbs on hospital superbug praise Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Shares rose in hospital cleaning specialist Tristel after the AIM-listed outfit's products were praised by a hospital in Coventry for helping get rid of Clostridium difficile (C.diff) and Norovirus infections....
- London close: FTSE ends above 6,700 after strong US tech performance Sharecast - 7 hours ago
FTSE ends above 6,700; Easter retail sales rise; Ukraine kills militants, EU ponders Crimea sanctions
- Cobham has 2015 return to growth in its sights Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Q1 in line with expectations; FY 2014 revenue to decline by mid-single-digits; FY 2015 return to growth expected
- FTSE 250 movers: Centamin rises on law change hopes Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Centamin rose strongly on the back of hopes a change in the law could resolve the Egyptian mining row.
- UK retail sales rise in April, says CBI Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Easter put a spring in the step of UK retail sales in April, according to business lobby group the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
- Sector movers: Healthcare stocks rise as M&A fever continues Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Global M&A activity gave stocks in the healthcare equipment and services a boost on Thursday, with Smith & Nephew rising strongly after a takeover bid for sector peer Biomet.
- FTSE 100 movers: AstraZeneca leads after revenue beats expectations Sharecast - 8 hours ago
AstraZeneca rose on the back of better-than-expected revenue growth of three per cent in the first quarter, driven by the pharmaceutical company's diabetes franchise. Shares were up despite earnings falling ...
- TEG Biogas energy plant opens in East London Sharecast - 9 hours ago
Energy group TEG Biogas announced its new energy plant in Dagenham, East London, which received financial backing by UK Green Investment Bank, has been opened and is operational.
- US pre-open: Apple surges nine per cent in pre-open trades Sharecast - 9 hours ago
The main US stock market averages are set to gain at the open by close to three tenths of a percentage point on average.
- Over-50s insurer Saga preparing for London IPO Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Saga Group, the British insurance company serving the over-50s, is reported to be eyeing an initial public offering (IPO), in what is set to be the largest insurance listing in London in five years.
- PuriCore slides after annual losses widen Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Wider pre-tax losses and a slight decrease in the annual profit margin sent PuriCore shares tumbling more than 11 per cent on Thursday.
- Elementis to deliver in-line results despite effects of bad weather Sharecast - 10 hours ago
FTSE 250-listed Elementis on Thursday confirmed that its full-year results would be in line with expectations, despite the impact of bad weather experienced in the first few months of 2014.
- Imperial Innovations' Nexeon completes manufacturing facility Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Imperial Innovations, the AIM-listed technology group, said that its portfolio company Nexeon has completed the construction and commissioning of its manufacturing facility at its headquarters in Oxfordshire. ...
- Market overview: Standard Life to vote against Barclays remuneration report Sharecast - 10 hours ago
1342: At this morning's heated AGM in London Barclays investor Standard Life Investments said it will vote against the 2013 remuneration report.
- Centamin likely to benefit from new Egyptian contract law - UPDATE Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Thanks to a new investment law brought in by the Egyptian government, gold miner Centamin will try and dismiss an ongoing court case over rights to its Sukari mine in the country.
- Barclays investors slam bonuses at AGM - ALERT Sharecast - 11 hours ago
Barclays faces anger at annual general meeting over 2013 bonus pool
- Broker tips: AstraZeneca, Barclays, BSkyB, Hammerson Sharecast - 11 hours ago
Panmure Gordon has kept a 'hold' recommendation for AstraZeneca after a mixed first quarter from the pharmaceutical group, but said there were some 'bright lights' in the results such as its heartburn ...
- Live: Barclays AGM Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Barclays' Annual General Meeting is due to start in approximately 10 minutes. Philip Waller will be covering the event 'live' for Sharecast.
- Asia: Markets mixed as investors mull weak data Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Stocks in Tokyo settled lower on Thursday, tracking a weak close on Wall Street, and as investors took stock of soft Chinese economic figures out during the previous session.
- Labour to end relationship with Co-op Bank Sharecast - 13 hours ago
The Labour party is to sever its long-standing relationship with the troubled Co-op Bank by transferring its one million pounds-worth of loans to Unity Trust Bank.
- Anglo American rises on first quarter production beat Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Kumba iron ore production up 10 per cent; Metallurgical coal up 31 per cent; Nickel up 48 per cent; Platinum down 39 per cent after miner strikes; Copper up 18 per cent; Diamonds up 18 per cent
- Menzies announces board changes Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The global aviation services provider and print media distributor Menzies has appointed former British Airways executive Silla Maizey as a non-executive director with effect from May 19th.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - 14 hours ago
AMEC: UBS ups target price from 1145p to 1200p maintaining a neutral rating.
- Brits put end to Spanish dream, lead exodus Sharecast - 14 hours ago
British citizens were the nationality which most left Spain in 2013 after the bursting of the real state market drove property prices down and employment became scarce, with more than one out of every ...
- Thursday newspaper round-up: Ukraine, AstraZeneca, Scotland Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The rhetoric between Kiev and Moscow has taken a distinct turn for the worse. On Wednesday Russia warned that any attack on its citizens in Ukraine would be considered as an attack on itself. That came ...
- Barclays sees challenging conditions in FICC unit - UPDATE Sharecast - 14 hours ago
In the first quarter of 2014 Barclays' Fixed Income, Credit and Commodities (FICC) unit continued to face many of the challenges seen in the second half of 2013, although outside of investment banking ...
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Kenmare Resources nearly doubles output at Mozambique pit Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Titanium mineral producer Kenmare Resources announced a near-doubling of production in the last three months after expanding its Moma mine in Mozambique.
- Apple could enter Dow Jones after stock split Sharecast - 15 hours ago
After Apple reported quarterly earnings that beat consensus estimates thanks to better-than-expected iPhone sales, markets began to shift gears and focus on its possible inclusion in the Dow Jones stock ...
- African Barrick Gold sparkles as production beats consensus Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Production beats consensus at 168.4k oz; Costs three per cent lower; Board approves acceleration of Buly Upper East Zone
- Croda International hurt by FX headwinds Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Adverse currency translation weighs on profit; Expects modest improvement in underlying sales to continue; Currency translation is expected to remain an issue