- Over-50s insurer Saga preparing for London IPO Sharecast - 6 minutes ago
Saga Group, the British insurance company serving the over-50s, is reported to be eyeing an initial public offering (IPO), in what is set to be the largest insurance listing in London in five years.
- PuriCore slides after annual losses widen Sharecast - 26 minutes ago
Wider pre-tax losses and a slight decrease in the annual profit margin sent PuriCore shares tumbling more than 11 per cent on Thursday.
- Elementis to deliver in-line results despite effects of bad weather Sharecast - 27 minutes ago
FTSE 250-listed Elementis on Thursday confirmed that its full-year results would be in line with expectations, despite the impact of bad weather experienced in the first few months of 2014.
- Imperial Innovations' Nexeon completes manufacturing facility Sharecast - 29 minutes ago
Imperial Innovations, the AIM-listed technology group, said that its portfolio company Nexeon has completed the construction and commissioning of its manufacturing facility at its headquarters in Oxfordshire. ...
- Market overview: Standard Life to vote against Barclays remuneration report Sharecast - 47 minutes ago
1342: At this morning's heated AGM in London Barclays investor Standard Life Investments said it will vote against the 2013 remuneration report.
- Centamin likely to benefit from new Egyptian contract law - UPDATE Sharecast - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Thanks to a new investment law brought in by the Egyptian government, gold miner Centamin will try and dismiss an ongoing court case over rights to its Sukari mine in the country.
- Barclays investors slam bonuses at AGM - ALERT Sharecast - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Barclays faces anger at annual general meeting over 2013 bonus pool
- Broker tips: AstraZeneca, Barclays, BSkyB, Hammerson Sharecast - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Panmure Gordon has kept a 'hold' recommendation for AstraZeneca after a mixed first quarter from the pharmaceutical group, but said there were some 'bright lights' in the results such as its heartburn ...
- Live: Barclays AGM Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Barclays' Annual General Meeting is due to start in approximately 10 minutes. Philip Waller will be covering the event 'live' for Sharecast.
- Asia: Markets mixed as investors mull weak data Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Stocks in Tokyo settled lower on Thursday, tracking a weak close on Wall Street, and as investors took stock of soft Chinese economic figures out during the previous session.
- Labour to end relationship with Co-op Bank Sharecast - 3 hours ago
The Labour party is to sever its long-standing relationship with the troubled Co-op Bank by transferring its one million pounds-worth of loans to Unity Trust Bank.
- Anglo American rises on first quarter production beat Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Kumba iron ore production up 10 per cent; Metallurgical coal up 31 per cent; Nickel up 48 per cent; Platinum down 39 per cent after miner strikes; Copper up 18 per cent; Diamonds up 18 per cent
- Menzies announces board changes Sharecast - 4 hours ago
The global aviation services provider and print media distributor Menzies has appointed former British Airways executive Silla Maizey as a non-executive director with effect from May 19th.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - 4 hours ago
AMEC: UBS ups target price from 1145p to 1200p maintaining a neutral rating.
- Brits put end to Spanish dream, lead exodus Sharecast - 4 hours ago
British citizens were the nationality which most left Spain in 2013 after the bursting of the real state market drove property prices down and employment became scarce, with more than one out of every ...
- Thursday newspaper round-up: Ukraine, AstraZeneca, Scotland Sharecast - 4 hours ago
The rhetoric between Kiev and Moscow has taken a distinct turn for the worse. On Wednesday Russia warned that any attack on its citizens in Ukraine would be considered as an attack on itself. That came ...
- Barclays sees challenging conditions in FICC unit - UPDATE Sharecast - 4 hours ago
In the first quarter of 2014 Barclays' Fixed Income, Credit and Commodities (FICC) unit continued to face many of the challenges seen in the second half of 2013, although outside of investment banking ...
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Kenmare Resources nearly doubles output at Mozambique pit Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Titanium mineral producer Kenmare Resources announced a near-doubling of production in the last three months after expanding its Moma mine in Mozambique.
- Apple could enter Dow Jones after stock split Sharecast - 5 hours ago
After Apple reported quarterly earnings that beat consensus estimates thanks to better-than-expected iPhone sales, markets began to shift gears and focus on its possible inclusion in the Dow Jones stock ...
- African Barrick Gold sparkles as production beats consensus Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Production beats consensus at 168.4k oz; Costs three per cent lower; Board approves acceleration of Buly Upper East Zone
- Croda International hurt by FX headwinds Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Adverse currency translation weighs on profit; Expects modest improvement in underlying sales to continue; Currency translation is expected to remain an issue
- China leading economic index rises, rebound may be temporary Sharecast - 5 hours ago
The Conference Board's (CB) leading economic index for China rose in March though these economists noted that despite the acceleration seen the improvement in the world's second largest economy has yet ...
- Cobham group expects return to revenue growth from 2015 Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Cobham shares moved higher on Thursday as the group it predicted a return to mid-single digit organic revenue growth from next year.
- Thursday tips round-up: ABF, ARM Holdings Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Associated British Foods (ABF), one of the few remaining conglomerates on the FTSE 100, yesterday released a strong first half trading update, including a six per cent increase in pre-tax profits. That ...
- Computacenter says more work needed to improve French business Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Restructuring charge expected due to changes in France; Group revenue up eight per cent; Trading mixed between regions.
- Berendsen trading in line with expectations Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Quarterly trading in line with targets; Economic recovery boosting demand from hotel customers; Expects further progress in the year ahead
- Chemring sells European munitions arm to Nexter Systems Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Defence group Chemring is selling its European munitions business for up to 167.8m euros.
- EUR/USD risk to trade to the downside, waiting for Draghi Sharecast - 6 hours ago
The EUR/USD failed on Wednesday to close well above the resistance at 1,3850/55 which leaves the cross exposed for extended weakness towards support level at 1.3780/82.
- London pre-open: Stocks to open higher, lifted by US tech earnings Sharecast - 6 hours ago
The FTSE 100 is set for a decent start to today's session, boosted by positive after- hours trading in the US last night, driven by strong results from technology giants Facebook and Apple.
- AstraZeneca beats revenue forecasts in Q1, but earnings slide Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Revenues up three per cent, ahead of forecasts; BMS diabetes buyout boosts top line; Earnings fall more than expected.
- Facebook smashes forecasts as mobile ad revenues surge Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Social media giant Facebook smashed profit forecasts in its first quarter, as a surge in mobile advertising led to a jump in revenues.
- Travis Perkins first-quarter sales power ahead Sharecast - 6 hours ago
First-quarter sales surge 15.6 per cent; Strong demand across all divisions; On course to meet trading targets
- iPhone sales boost Apple profits as company beefs up buyback Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Strong iPhone sales drive profit growth; 30bn dollars added to buyback programme; Dividend raised, stock split announced
- Commodities: Oil prices fall as supplies hit record high Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Crude oil prices fell to a two-week low on Wednesday as the latest inventory data showed supplies rose to record levels.