- Commodities: Oil continues recovery run, gold slips in European trading Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Gold declined for a second successive session on Thursday, while base metals rose and oil extended its recovery run.
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls report in the spotlight Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The US non-farm payrolls report will be the main event on Friday as investors look for clues on the timing of the first interest rate increase in nine years.
- Market overview: Glencore shares pace gains Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 1630: Miners won a reprieve on Thursday, as the the ECB sounded a very 'dovish' note. On the other side of the world, the government in Beijing was staging a military parade to commemorate ...
- No read-through from ECB to Fed, Capital Economics believes Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Despite the gloomy headlines regarding the outlook for emerging markets and China, the reality is quite different.
- FX Roundup: Aussie dollar falters, euro declines after ECB presser Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Foreign exchange markets started the Asian session on Thursday in calmer waters owing to the two-day public holiday in China for Victory Day, but the Australian dollar continued to falter....
- Europe close: Stocks push higher after ECB opens door to more stimulus Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks surged on Thursday, after the European Central Bank hinted at further stimulus measures
- Chill winds blow as China stages WWII military parade Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - China on Thursday held one of its biggest military parades ever to commemorate the defeat of Japan during Second World War, as the country's president announced that troop levels would ...
- Britain to meet its moral responsibilities, Cameron says Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - David Cameron said Britain had a "moral responsibility" to provide help to the refugee escaping stranded war zones, after the picture of a dead Syrian kid washed up ashore ...
- IAG passenger numbers up 12.4% in August Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - British Airways and Iberia parent International Consolidated Airlines Group said it carried 12.4% more passengers in August than it did in the same month last year.
- US ISM index declines less than expected in August Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Institute for Supply Management said its services index slipped less-than-expected in August.
- US open: Stocks extend gains after raft of economic data Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US stocks rose on Thursday on the back of an upbeat session in Asia.
- Challenges in emerging markets unlikely to be quickly reversed, says Draghi Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) -
- ECB revises GDP and inflation estimates lower Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The European Central Bank has downgraded its estimates for economic growth and inflation amid lower oil prices and global market volatility.
- EDF shares slump as Flamanville reactor is delayed again Sharecast - 16 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in EDF slumped after the state-controlled utility said the European pressurised reactor it's building in Normandy will be delayed again, to the fourth quarter of 2018, and raised ...
- TalkTalk jumps on Exane upgrade Sharecast - 16 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - TalkTalk pushed higher after Exane BNP Paribas upgraded the stock to 'neutral' from 'underperform' and lifted its price target to 260p from 210p to reflect the potential for improved ...
- US trade deficit in line with expectations in July Sharecast - 16 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The US trade deficit declined slightly less than expected in July, figures released on Thursday showed.
- Premier Oil plugs and abandons Norwegian North Sea well Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Premier Oil has plugged and abandoned an exploration well in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
- Rio Tinto expects iron ore demand to keep growing Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Mining giant Rio Tinto said on Thursday that it expects demand for iron ore and steel to continue growing despite a slowdown in China.
- UK services PMI at lowest level since May 2013 Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The UK service sector grew at its weakest pace in over two years, data released on Thursday showed.
- Wm Morrison shoots higher on UBS upgrade Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in supermarket retailer Wm Morrison shot higher after UBS upgraded the stock to 'neutral from 'sell' and lifted the price target to 175p from165p.
- Euro area growth strong but market volatility is a risk, Markit says Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The euro area´s economy was set to continue expanding at a solid pace in the third quarter thanks to stronger growth in Germany and Italy, a widely followed survey of economic conditions ...
- EasyJet flies higher as it lifts full-year profit guidance after record August Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in EasyJet surged after the budget airline lifted its full-year profit guidance as it said record passenger numbers in August offset higher costs.
- Riksbank keeps interest rates unchanged Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Sweden´s central bank kept its main policy rate unchanged on Thursday despite having lowered its inflation forecasts for this year and next.
- Go-Ahead profit dented by exceptional costs but revenue rises Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Go-Ahead Group posted a 13.7% drop in full-year pre-tax profit as the bus and rail operator was hit by exceptional costs, although revenue grew on the back of strength in its rail business....
- Nissan to invest £100m in UK car plant Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Nissan will invest £100m in its Sunderland, UK car plant to build the new Juke model range.
- Lookers buys Benfield Motor Group for £87.5m in cash Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Motor retail and aftersales service company Lookers has acquired Addison Motors, trading as Benfield Motor Group, for £87.5m in cash.
- Barclays to sell Portuguese businesses to Bankinter Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Barclays Bank has agreed to sell its retail banking, wealth and investment management businesses and part of its corporate banking business in Portugal which serves small and medium-sized ...
- Eurostar service disrupted overnight as migrants crisis escalates Sharecast - 22 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Eurostar trains experienced long delays overnight, leaving hundreds of passengers trapped on a train for up to 14 hours. Passengers said they were left on a dark train in "horrendous ...
- Thursday newspaper round-up: IMF, Sports Direct, Christo Wiese Sharecast - 22 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Cuts to taxpayer support for business and higher charges for students are being drawn up, as Sajid Javid, business secretary, looks to reduce his budget by between 25-40 per cent. George ...
- US pre-open: Futures in the black ahead of raft of economic data and ECB decision Sharecast - Thu, Sep 3, 2015 01:42 BST
(ShareCast News) - US stocks futures pointed to a second consecutive day of gains on Thursday, on the back of an upbeat session in Asia.
- Reckitt Benckiser rallies on JPMorgan upgrade Sharecast - Thu, Sep 3, 2015 01:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - JPMorgan Cazenove upgraded Reckitt Benckiser to 'overweight' from 'neutral' and raised its price target to 6,300p from 6,025p.
- London close: FTSE rises as disappointing US data impacts rate hike expectations Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 18:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE ended higher on Wednesday after worse-than-estimated US economic data pushed back expectations of an interest rate increase by the Federal Reserve.
- Commodities: Gold falls, base metals endure further punishment Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 17:53 BST
(ShareCast News) - Gold declined while base metals faced another European session in negative territory on Wednesday, as nagging doubts over China's economic prospects continued to weigh on trading sentiment....
- Museum of London to launch exhibition on The Great Fire of 1666 Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 17:30 BST
(ShareCast News) - The Museum of London is set to announce on Wednesday the launch of a landmark exhibition, which will open its doors on July 2016, to mark the 349th anniversary of the Great Fire of London....
- US factory orders climb less than expected in July Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 16:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - US factory orders climbed 0.4% in July to mark the second consecutive month of growth, official data showed on Wednesday.