- Fedex requests EU approval for TNT bid Sharecast - 49 minutes ago
US delivery and logistics service company FedEx has asked the European Union (EU) competition regulators to approve its €4.4.bn offer for Dutch rival TNT.
- Europe midday: Stocks reverse losses amid fresh hopes of a Greek deal Sharecast - 49 minutes ago
With the exception of the benchmark Stoxx 600 index, European indices popped into positive territory as investors reacted to reports that Athens may be considering a last-minute offer by European Commission ...
- Britons travelling to Greece warned to bring extra euros Sharecast - 51 minutes ago
British nationals travelling to Greece have been warned to bring extra euros in cash to cover the duration of their stay in the country.
- Brexit would be "disastrous", says city lobby group Sharecast - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
A British Exit or "Brexit" from the European Union (EU) would be disastrous for the country, TheCityUK, the UK's financial industry main lobby group, said on Tuesday.
- Greek government reconsidering Juncker proposal Sharecast - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
According to a report citing Greek online newspaper ekathimerini the Greek government may be reconsidering last night´s proposal from European Commission president Jean Claude Juncker.
- Home Retail rallies 4% on Morgan Stanley upgrade Sharecast - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Home Retail rallied 4% on Tuesday after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to 'overweight' from 'equalweight' and raised the price target to 180p from 170p.
- Eurozone unemployment rate steady in May Sharecast - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
The seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for the Eurozone was steady in May at 11.1%, and down from 11.6% in the same month last year, sticking at its lowest rate since March 2012, according to figures ...
- Motive Television losses widen in 2014 Sharecast - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
Shares in Motive Television plunged on Tuesday after the digital television technology group reported an increase in losses for 2014.
- Eurozone CPI in line with expectations in June Sharecast - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Consumer prices in the Eurozone grew at a slower pace in June, official figures released on Tuesday showed.
- SocGen cuts Compass to 'sell' as least well positioned in catering sector Sharecast - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
With several trends set to benefit the European economy, Societe Generale's scrutiny of the contract catering sector picked out Elior as its preferred stock and saw Compass downgraded to a 'sell'.
- Goldman downgrades HSBC to 'neutral', slashes target price Sharecast - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
Goldman Sachs has removed banking giant HSBC from its 'conviction buy' list and cut its recommendation on the stock to 'neutral', slashing its target price from 760p to 690p.
- Market overview: Turks to study repaying Greek debts Sharecast - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
1024: Turkey will study the possibility of repaying the money Greece owes its creditors, according to a report citing Turkish daily Hurriyet and Bloomberg. In parallel, reports keep piling up pointing ...
- RBC Capital downgrades Standard Life to ''underperform' Sharecast - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
RBC Capital Markets downgraded Standard Life to 'underperform' from 'sector perform' and cut the price target to 430p from 480p.
- Chinese central bank adds to stimulus, injects funds Sharecast - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
China's central bank injected fresh funds into the country's financial system on Tuesday in a bid to put a floor under financial markets.
- UK first quarter GDP growth rate revised higher Sharecast - 3 hours ago
The British economy grew slightly more quickly than expected at the start of 2015.
- Fastjet launches new route to Malawi Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Africa's low-cost airline Fastjet has launched a new route to Malawi.
- Blinkx chairman Anthony Bettencourt steps down Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Blinkx announced that Anthony Bettencourt will step down as chairman of the board of directors, effective from 1 July.
- Europe open: Stocks in the red for second day running as Greek default looms Sharecast - 3 hours ago
European stocks fell in early trading on Tuesday, although losses were a lot less pronounced than they had been in the previous session, while the euro slipped against the dollar, with Greece just hours ...
- Colt unveils plans to exit IT services Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Telecoms outfit Colt Group has outlined plans to "focus on core strengths" of network, voice and data centre services with a managed exit from IT services.
- Juncker makes a last-minute offer as Tsipras pushes for 'no' vote in referendum Sharecast - 3 hours ago
European Commission head Jean-Claude Juncker late on Monday made a last-minute offer to the Hellenic nation in a bid to reach a bailout deal before the current programme expires on Tuesday, EU and Greek ...
- Carpetright profits flying as new strategy kicks in Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Full year pre-tax profits flew higher at Carpetright as the retailer grew like-for-like sales and returned to growth in Europe thanks in part to December's new strategic plan and a handful of store closures....
- Grainger appoints Helen Gordon as new CEO Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Residential group Grainger has appointed Helen Gordon as its new chief executive (CEO).
- Weaker euro to have limited credit impact on UK, says Moody's Sharecast - 4 hours ago
The impact of a weaker euro on the UK and other European countries outside the single currency bloc will be limited, according to Moody's.
- Wood Group buys Canada-based engineering consultancy for $14.3m Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Wood Group said on Tuesday that it has acquired Canada-based engineering consultancy BETA Machinery Analysis in a deal valued at $14.3m.
- Imagination Technologies posts wider pre-tax loss, but targets higher margins in 2016 Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Imagination Technologies said on Tuesday that it expects to see a rise in profitability in 2016, despite posting a wider loss for the year to 30 April.
- Greek negotiator Tsakalotos hints at last minute deal Sharecast - 11 hours ago
Greece's chief bailout negotiator in Brussels, Euclid Tsakalotos, has confirmed the government is considering a new deal with its European creditors and hinted that a deal may be reached before Sunday's ...
- Varoufakis confirms Greece will not make IMF payment Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis confirmed on Tuesday that Athens will not meet the deadline of midnight on Tuesday to repay €1.6bn owed to the International Monetary Fund. (More to follow)
- Deutsche Boerse confirms it's in talks to buy STOXX stake Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Deutsche Boerse has confirmed that it has entered into negotiations with SIX Group, which operates most of Switzerland's financial markets infrastructure, regarding a full acquisition of the joint-venture ...
- UK heatwave warning issued Sharecast - 12 hours ago
The UK´s Met Office warned on Tuesday that most areas of England would experience hot conditions between Tuesday and Thursday, as the country experienced a major heatwave.
- Sula Iron & Gold plunges as interim loss widens Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Commodity exploration group Sula Iron & Gold reported a wider interim loss but said it remained on track to achieve its goals.
- London midday: Stocks pare losses as investors hope for last-minute Greek deal Sharecast - 12 hours ago
UK stocks were trading in the red again on Tuesday, but had bounced off their lows by lunchtime as investors digested the latest news flow from Greece.
- Sage director buys shares Sharecast - 19 hours ago
An independent non-executive director at Sage Group bought some shares in the company on Monday.
- London close: FTSE sinks to five-month low as final act of Greek drama unfolds Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Heavy falls in the travel, tourism and financial sectors prompted a 2% plunge on the FTSE 100 on Monday as investor sentiment was hammered by concerns about the future of Greece and the wider Eurozone....
- Airbnb rival onefinestay raises $40m from investors including Hyatt Hotels Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Luxury accommodation website onefinestay has amassed $40m in its latest funding round, the company said in a statement.
- US Supreme Court rejects BP and Anadarko oil spill appeal Sharecast - 19 hours ago
The US Supreme Court has rejected appeals from Anadarko Petroleum Corp and BP over fines related to the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.