- FX round-up: Soft data takes edge off dollar strength Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Euro/dollar stabilised itself further on Thursday as investors digested the ECB's policy decisions taken on the previous day and a raft of Fed rate-setters weighed in with their individual views on the ...
- Matchtech's CEO buys shares showing confidence Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The chief executive of Matchtech bought some shares showing confidence in the recruitment agency one week after it reported a drop in its full-year profits.
- Market overview: Global wave of selling drives Footsie lower Sharecast - 15 hours ago
1630:Close BP led gains in a falling market as investors took fright at the somewhat unexplained downdraft in equity markets worldwide. A technical glitch at a key global data provider - that forced the ...
- Europe close: Greek uncertainty drags on stocks Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Uncertainty surrounding the future of Greece's financial situation sent European equities lower on Friday.
- London close: Stocks drop 0.9% in volatile session amid Greek worries Sharecast - 15 hours ago
UK stocks dropped sharply on Friday with the FTSE 100 finishing below the 7,000 level for the first time in seven sessions, after a terminal blackout and changes in Chinese trading regulations.
- US consumer spirits improved in April Sharecast - 16 hours ago
US consumer sentiment improved slightly at the start of April, as inflation expectations fell back.
- Poundland ploughs ahead with 99p Store deal with full CMA probe Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Discount retailer Poundland has decided to plough ahead with its takeover of rival 99p Stores and has agreed to the UK competition regulator's demand for a full investigation.
- Bloomberg blackout hits markets, BoE stands ready after Gilts setback Sharecast - 16 hours ago
In the City of London and financial centres around the globe traders and analysts were left gnashing their teeth as their Bloomberg computer terminals crashed on Friday morning, with fixed income markets ...
- Serco's £555m rights issue wins backing of shareholders Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Shares in outsourcing company Serco dipped into the red on Friday after shareholders approved a rights issue, throwing their weight behind the board's plans to turn the group around.
- Rolls Royce clinches largest ever client order Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Rolls Royce has announced its largest ever order win, cementing its position as the favoured supplier of power plants for Airbus's signature A380 aircraft.
- UK General Election 2015: Poll Watch Sharecast - 19 hours ago
17 April: A poll conducted by Survation and the Daily Mirror questioned who the public perceived to 'win' Thursday's election debate. Labour Leader Ed Miliband came out on top, with 35% of the vote, followed ...
- Quantum Pharma completes Lamda takeover Sharecast - 21 hours ago
Pharmacy and hospital supplier Quantum Pharma has agreed a €9.7m (£7m) deal to acquire pharmaceutical development company Lamda.
- Gfinity signs commercial agreement with News UK Sharecast - 22 hours ago
eSports group Gfinity has agreed a two-year commercial partnership with Rupert Murdoch's News UK.
- Canaccord sees further downside at Smirnoff maker Diageo after weak Q3 Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Canaccord Genuity has raised its target price slightly for Diageo, but said that Thursday's update from the spirits producer contained a "cocktail of small disappoints".
- Commodities: Gold and oil steady, as base metals trade higher Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Gold was holding firm around $1,200 an ounce, as the yellow metal's dollar connect came under scrutiny again over the uncertainty surrounding a further cut by the US Federal Reserve.
- Kromek warns of contract delays from government and OEM customers Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Shares in x-ray and gamma-ray detection company Kromek were traded 10% lower after it warned that revenue growth for the full year would be lower than it had recently boasted.
- London open: Stocks rise modestly amid Greek talks, UK economic data Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Stocks in London advanced on Friday morning on a quiet day for corporate newsflow, with investors awaiting key employment data from the UK while digesting Greek debt talks.
- Ricardo expands rail consultancy business with bolt-on buy of LR Rail Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Engineering and consulting outfit Ricardo is spending £42.5m in cash to buy Lloyd's Register Rail (LR Rail), an international rail consultancy and assurance business boasting blue chip clients.
- IMF's Lagarde rules out deferring Greek loan repayment Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 09:23 BST
International Monetary Fund (IMF) managing director Christine Lagarde confirmed on Thursday that the institution will not allow Greece to defer repaying €971m (£700m) in instalments due next month.
- London pre-open: Flat start expected, Greek talks in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:52 BST
UK stock markets are set for a subdued start on Friday morning as investors focus on Greek debt talks on a quiet day for corporate news.
- Morrisons to cut 720 head office jobs and recruit 5,000 shop floor staff Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:42 BST
Supermarket group Morrisons plans to cut up to 720 roles at its head office in order to start recruiting for 5,000 shop floor staff.
- Sound Oil on track at Nervesa project after receiving environmental backing Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:40 BST
Mediterranean-focused explorer Sound Oil has reiterated its expectation for its onshore Nervesa gas discovery to reach commercial production this year after receiving the environmental approval for the ...
- Astrazeneca wins US Orphan status for eye cancer drug Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:38 BST
Astrazeneca's eye cancer treatment, selumetinib, has been given 'orphan drug' status by US regulators, which should smooth its path to full approval.
- Friday newspaper round-up: Greece, Schlumberger, Ed Miliband Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:13 BST
Pierre Moscovici, European Commissioner for economic and financial affairs, has said there is no Plan B for Greece and no chance of a reprieve on an existing repayment due to the International Monetary ...
- Banco Sabadell to formalise bid for TSB Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 01:37 BST
Spain's Banco Sabadell agreed to formalise the bid for TSB Banking Group valued at approximately £1.7bn, kicking off the acceptance period by the shareholders of the British bank.
- Europe midday: Stocks slide as Greek debt repayment looms Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 01:18 BST
Stocks in the euro-area were in the red as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned Greece against missing its looming debt repayment.
- London midday: Bloomberg outage, Chinese regulations send stocks into the red Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 01:17 BST
After a solid start UK stocks sank into the red by Friday lunchtime, moving further away from recent records amid a blackout on Bloomberg computer terminals and new regulations in China on short-selling....
- Market overview: Eurozone deflation persisted in March Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 01:00 BST
1000: Eurozone consumer prices fell 0.1% year-on-year in March, easing from a 0.3% drop a month earlier, Eurostat confirmed.
- GameAccount Network chairman buys in braving share price decline Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 20:38 BST
In a show of confidence in the group the chairman of GameAccount Network bought some stock on Thursday, braving a share price drop after the company reported a 38.6% decline in its full-year revenues.
- Party City rockets on launch of IPO Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 19:28 BST
Party supplies chain Party City saw shares rocket by more than 20% after going public on Thursday.
- Thursdays election debate to exclusively feature opposition leaders Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 18:31 BST
The leaders of the five parties opposing the Conservative - Liberal Democrat coalition will appear in a live election debate on Thursday night, hosted by David Dimbleby.
- Europe close: Stocks in the red on Greek debt default fears Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 18:23 BST
European stocks were in the red on fears of a Greek debt default, which sent yields on debt of the Mediterranean country shooting higher.
- US housing starts fall short of expectations in March Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:08 BST
Activity in the US housing market may be set to slow in the coming months, the latest data on activity in the sector revealed.
- South Africa's Brait takes 80% stake in Richard Branson's Virgin Active Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 16:48 BST
Johannesbourg-listed Brait is to take a controlling interest in Virgin Active, the chain of gyms part-owned by Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group empire, in a deal that gives the business an enterprise ...
- Market overview: Mixed economic data Stateside Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 16:46 BST
1500: Manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region picked up slightly in April according to one of the most widely followed lead indicators for activity in the sector. The Federal Reserve bank of ...