- Geneva talks on Crimea make tentative breakthrough Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 20:08 BST
Multilateral talks held today in Geneva to discuss the situation in Ukraine ended with an accord on measures to de-escalate the conflict.
- Nighthawk Energy plans refinancing after 'significant' oil discovery Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 19:57 BST
AIM-listed US oil producer Nighthawk Energy made an 'highly significant' oil discovery at one of its well at its Snow King project in Colorado.
- Market overview: ARM Holdings and Schroders lead gains Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 19:06 BST
1630: Close UK stocks ended the day moderately in the blue, led by gains in ARM Holdings and Schroders. Barclays outperformed on investors' anticipation of a strategy update, including plans for the lender's ...
- Europe close: Stocks rise as US initial jobless claims beat estimates Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 18:03 BST
European stocks climbed after a better-than-expected report on US weekly jobless claims.
- Live: Ukraine crisis Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:00 BST
15:50 A crowd of pro-Russian demonstrators are headed to Donetsk airport with the apparent intention of seizing control.
- Sector movers: Diageo and Remy Cointreau hit beverage stocks Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 16:48 BST
The beverage sector was hit hard on Thursday by disappointing updates from global drinks groups Diageo and Remy Cointreau.
- RSA directors cut their stakes Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 16:32 BST
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Google tumbles as first-quarter financials and paid clicks disappoint - UPDATE Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 16:03 BST
Google tumbled 6.2% in the first 20 minutes of after-hours trading as first-quarter revenue and earnings fell short of analyst expectations, with paid clicks also falling from the last quarter of 2013....
- FTSE 100 movers: Barclays leads banks higher on shake-up speculation Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:55 BST
The share price of Barclays rose strongly on Thursday amid speculation the bank could announce thousands of further job cuts in its investment banking division as part of a corporate shake-up.
- Broker tips: Imperial Tobacco, Legal & General, GlaxoSmithKline... Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels. Nevertheless, the bank kept its 'buy' recommendation and 2,780p target price....
- Goldman positive on Imperial Tobacco, but sees less potential upside Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels.
- Credit Suisse expects no profit growth from Burberry this year Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Credit Suisse has trimmed its estimates for Burberry and kept a 'neutral' recommendation, saying that profit growth at the high-end luxury firm will 'take a break' this year.
- Legal & General the top pick in changing UK life insurance sector, says Berenberg Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Berenberg has said that Legal & General remains its 'preferred play' in the life insurance sector following the recent major shake-up of the annuity and savings markets in the UK.
- SpaceandPeople shares collapse after early profit warning Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:27 BST
AIM-listed SpaceandPeople saw its share price sink by over a third on Thursday after the retail, promotional and brand experience specialist issued an early profit warning, saying that profits would have ...
- Heathrow claims prices inflated by 320 pounds by lack of third runway Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:15 BST
A report commissioned by Heathrow Airport has claimed that air fares may rise by up to £320 by 2030 if it does not build a third runway.
- US weekly unemployment claims come in below forecasts Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 14:57 BST
Initial weekly unemployment claims increased by 2,000 in the week ending on April 12th, to reach 304,000, according to the Department of Labour.
- RBS-commissioned report clears bank of SME fraud Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 14:27 BST
RBS has announced a range of new measures to support smaller businesses when they get into trouble, after a report commissioned by the bank claimed it had found no evidence of systematic fraud towards ...
- Ferrexpo Q1 update should reassure investors, says Investec Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:42 BST
Investec has reiterated its 'buy' rating and 176p target price for iron ore producer Ferrexpo, saying that production results on Thursday should reassure investors.
- Blur Group's shares plunge on 2013 revenue warning Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:41 BST
Blur Group's shares plunged after warning that revenue from some projects in 2013 would not be recognised until 2014 and 'beyond'.
- Putin believes third parties should not be a factor in Ukraine compromise Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:33 BST
During his annual call-in live broadcast Russian President Vladimir Putin said he hopes the Ukraine crisis can be solved in a diplomatic way.
- Barclays boss warns of further job cuts Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:45 BST
Barclays Chief Executive Antony Jenkins has warned of thousands of further job cuts as part of a company shake-up.
- Co-op says record annual loss of 2.5bn pounds is 'wake-up call' Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:18 BST
The Co-operative Group has unveiled financial results from a 'disastrous' year, the worst in its 150-year history, with losses confirmed at the bottom end of expectations.
- Co-op results expected to show biggest ever loss Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:41 BST
The Co-op Group is expected to announce the biggest loss in its history when it unveils results on Friday.
- Europe open: France on the road to recovery after policy measures Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:40 BST
France unveils new spending cuts; Yellen says Fed will remain accommodative; Ukraine talks begin in Geneva
- Straight narrows full-year loss Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:17 BST
Full-year loss narrows as demand picks up; 2014 had started wel; Confident of further profitable growth
- FX round-up: Dollar makes headway against yen Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:08 BST
The dollar traded higher against the Japanese yen but fell against the euro on Wednesday as a stronger than anticipated report on US industrial production for March boosted the view that the US economic ...
- Strong first quarter sales at Taylor Wimpey Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:07 BST
Strong first quarter; Improvement across all regions; Confident on margin improvement in 2014 and beyond
- Mulberry issues another profit warning Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:07 BST
Full-year profit will be below expectations; Fourth downgrade in last two years; To offer more affordable prices amid intense competition
- Commodities: Oil little changed, surge in crude stockpiles Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:07 BST
Oil futures settled almost flat on Wednesday as government data showed a massive rise in US crude-oil supplies.
- London open: Diageo leads stocks lower ahead of Easter weekend Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:56 BST
Ukraine crisis in focus as leaders meet in Geneva; US data, corporate earnings closely watched; Diageo drops as weak Q3 dampens growth.
- Thursday tips round-up: Reckitt Benckiser, Tesco Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:41 BST
Consumer goods giant Reckitt Benckiser's first quarter results may have satisfied market expectations and its consumer health business - its main engine for growth - is doing well enough, with revenues ...
- Lloyds agrees retail ECN swap Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:38 BST
Lloyds Banking Group has received demand from retail investors to swap 58.5m pounds worth of its Enhanced Capital Notes (ECNs) for new additional Tier 1 (AT1) capital bonds.
- S&P lifts outlook on Thomas Cook Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:38 BST
Standard & Poor's (S&P )has raised its outlook on Thomas Cook from 'stable' to 'positive', as it hailed the progress of the travel group's transformation strategy.
- Cobham offloads last remaining non-core business Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:36 BST
Cobham, the British manufacturing company, has completed the divestment of its last remaining non-core businesses.
- Ferrexpo's production costs fall sharply as Ukrainian currency weakens Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:35 BST
Iron ore group Ferrexpo expressed its confidence in hitting production targets this year after output grew by nearly a tenth in the first quarter.