- Google launces Apple Pay competitor, updates smart watch Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Google has announced its own contactless payment system and a newly updated Android Wear smartwatch in moves to challenge tech giant rival Apple.
- London close: Stocks end lower on Greek worries Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Shares ended the week on a down note, as worries over Greece continued to weigh on investors' minds.
- London midday: FTSE recovers as traders sanguine over Greece Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Equity traders and investors in London threw off the morning's caution to lift the benchmark FTSE indices back above the week's highs, in start contrast to losses elsewhere in Europe.
- Imperial Innovations' portfolio company appoints new executive chairman Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Technology investment group Imperial Innovations Group has appointed Paolo Paoletti as executive chairman of its portfolio company Kesios Therapeutics.
- PhotonStar LED's full-year loss widens due to strong price competition Sharecast - 14 hours ago
Photonstar LED Group's full-year results were hurt by "significant" price reductions from competitors in its fixed lighting business.
- US first quarter GDP falls less than expected Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The US economy contracted by less than was feared at the start of 2015, although economists overwhelmingly expected growth to recover throughout the rest of 2015.
- FTSE 250 movers: Energy stocks surge, Carillion higher on Outland acquisition Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The London market shook off early morning losses in the afternoon, buoyed by strong performances in the telecommunications, construction and insurance sectors.
- Germany will work constructively with UK on EU reforms, Merkel says Sharecast - 14 hours ago
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said her "clear cut" view is that the UK should remain in the EU and that she would work constructively with British Prime Minister David Cameron on reforming ...
- Week ahead: Traders look to US jobs report for guidance on rates Sharecast - 14 hours ago
The latest US non-farm payrolls figures and updates on manufacturing sector conditions worldwide will dominate the coming week's calendar.
- US consumer confidence falls to six-month low Sharecast - 15 hours ago
US consumer confidence fell to a six-month low in May, according to a closely-monitored index.
- Results Round-up Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Shares in growth and turnaround investment business Volvere surged 10% on Friday after the company said it has more than tripled its full-year 2014 pre-tax profit from a year ago, supported by an exceptional ...
- Market overview: Chicago PMI drops unexpectedly in May Sharecast - 15 hours ago
1445: MNI's regional Chicago manufacturing sector purchasing managers' index slipped to a reading of 46.2 for May from 52.3 (consensus: 53).
- Chicago PMI drops sharply in May Sharecast - 15 hours ago
The Chicago Purchasing Managers' Index fell sharply in May.
- Fed's rate hike would "absolutely" help banks, says Wells Fargo's CEO Sharecast - 16 hours ago
An interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve would "absolutely" help US banks, said Wells Fargo & Co's chief executive John Stumpf.
- Magnolia Petroleum raises £1m in share placing; posts rise in 2014 revenue Sharecast - 16 hours ago
AIM-listed oil and gas exploration company Magnolia Petroleum said on Friday that it has raised £1m through the issuance of 12.9m shares at 0.7p each to fund its ongoing drilling programme in the US.
- Synergy Healthcare to contest FTC decision over Steris deal Sharecast - 16 hours ago
As has been feared, Synergy Health's takeover by US rival Steris Corp has been blocked by US competition regulators, but the two companies announced on Friday that they will contest the ruling and some ...
- Weir Group earnings upgraded by Credit Suisse on impending bottom for US rig count Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Shares in engineer Weir Group bubbled higher after a bullish note from Credit Suisse heralded "light at the end of the tunnel", with its target price ratcheted to 2,205p from 1,915p and an 'outperform' ...
- Credit flows slightly recovering in the Eurozone Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Credit is slowly flowing again in the Eurozone, data from the European Central bank revealed.
- Anderson Group accused of promoting a tax avoidance scheme Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Recruitment industry giant Anderson Group has allegedly promoted an "aggressive" tax avoidance scheme, which exploits the government's Employment Allowance, according to a BBC investigation.
- Commodities: Oil strengthens on US inventory data, gold and base metals hold levels Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Oil benchmarks regained some ground in Europe on Friday, after US stockpile data published overnight pointed to a decline above market expectations.
- Immundiagnostic Systems plunges on revenue warning Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Shares in Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings plunged over 10% early on Friday, as the medical diagnostic products manufacturer said it was anticipating another year of falling revenues.
- Ophir Energy shares jump 5% on Barclays upgrade to top sector pick Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Shares in oil & gas explorer Ophir Energy jumped 5% on Friday after Barclays upgraded the stock to 'overweight' from 'equalweight', added it to its global top picks list and raised the price target to ...
- FirstGroup to invest £77.7m in new buses; hails low emission engines Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Shares in transport operator FirstGroup rose on Friday after the company said that it is spending £77.7m on 385 new vehicles.
- London open: FTSE down on Greece angst and end-of-month effect Sharecast - 21 hours ago
London's equity indices were in the red on Friday as concerns about Greek debt negotiation combined with end-of-month selling.
- Airbus admits "assembly quality problem" may have caused A400M crash in Spain Sharecast - 21 hours ago
Analysis of flight recorders recovered from the A400M military aircraft that crashed in southern Spain on 9 May showed there were no structural faults, but "assembly quality problems" might be ...
- Equinix agrees £2.35bn deal with Telecity Sharecast - 21 hours ago
US data centre company Equinix Inc said on Friday that it has reached an agreement to acquired UK peer Telecity Group in a cash and share offer worth £2.35bn.
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Weir Group: Credit Suisse ups target to 2,205p from 1,915p and reiterates outperform.
- Old Mutual sells Swiss unit to Life Invest Holding Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Old Mutual has agreed to sell Skandia Leben in Switzerland, part of the Old Mutual Wealth unit, to Life Invest Holding for an undisclosed sum.
- Serco completes sale of Great Southern Rail Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Outsourcing group Serco has completed the sale of "luxury" long-distance rail service Great Southern Rail for £2.5m to Australian private equity firm Allegro.
- JP Morgan to lay off more than 5,000 by next year, reports say Sharecast - 22 hours ago
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is cutting more than 5,000 jobs in an effort to trim costs and become more efficient, according to press reports.
- Japan's Mount Shindake volcano erupts Sharecast - 22 hours ago
The Shindake volcano on the Japanese island of Kuchinoerabu erupted on Friday morning, forcing the 140 residents of the island to evacuate.
- Friday newspaper round-up: Greece, Russia, BG Group Sharecast - 22 hours ago
IMF chief Christine Lagarde admitted she could not "preclude" a Greek exit, after four months of tortuous bail-out talks that have failed to get both sides closer to a deal to release aid to ...
- If the Fed can raise in September it will, Morgan Stanley says Sharecast - Fri, May 29, 2015 01:53 BST
The Federal Reserve's resolve to tighten policy even in the face of weaker current activity has only strengthened, a top broker said.
- US pre-open: Futures edge lower ahead of first quarter GDP data Sharecast - Fri, May 29, 2015 01:50 BST
US shares edged lower on Friday, as investors awaited a report on first quarter economic growth.
- RBS is more than a restructuring story, says Jefferies Sharecast - Fri, May 29, 2015 01:35 BST
Following a meeting with management on Thursday, Jefferies said it is confident that Royal Bank of Scotland will deliver on its restructuring plans and generate excess capital, improving returns as a result....