- HICL acquires 75% stake in Dutch project for £8m Sharecast - 28 minutes ago
The HICL Infrastructure Company has announced a new €11.5m (£8.3m) for a 75% interest in the Zaanstad Penitentiary Institution project in the Netherlands from a subsidiary of Ballast Nedam BV
- Market overview: Iranian oil production may be set to rise by 1m bod Sharecast - 38 minutes ago
1000: The Vice-President of BP Russia, Vladimir Drebentsov, has reportedly said that Iranian oil exports could rise by up to 1m barrels per day in the case of a successful conclusion to the country's nuclear ...
- FX round-up: Euro edges up against rivals amid Greek deal hopes Sharecast - 59 minutes ago
The euro currency edged up against major rivals on Wednesday as traders wait to see if Greece and its creditors can agree on a package of reforms that will mean the release to Athens of emergency funds....
- Scotch whisky exports decline by 7% Sharecast - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
The export valuation of Scotch whisky declined by 7% on an annualised basis to £3.9bn in 2014 on a weaker economic climate, the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) said on Tuesday.
- Europe open: Greek debt deal and upbeat PMIs boost markets Sharecast - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
European markets kicked off the session in positive territory as Greece said it should reach a deal with international creditors next week.
- Senior completes components takeover for up to £78m Sharecast - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Manufacturing group Senior has completed the acquisition of Lymington Precision Engineering, a maker of precision-machined components, for an initial £45.8m in cash rising to a possible £77.5m based on ...
- Bonds: Greek bond yields sharply higher ahead of ECB ELA Sharecast - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Greece was again the main topic of discussion in markets on Tuesday ahead of the release of the monthly US non-farm payrolls report due out at the end of the week.
- London open: Equities rebound as Chinese stimulus hopes rise Sharecast - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
UK stocks bounced off a two-and-a-half-week low on Wednesday morning as market sentiment recovered after a sharp sell-off.
- Margin decline hits H1 profits at Asos but results beat forecasts Sharecast - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Asos saw profits fall by a tenth in the first half as a sharp drop in margins outweighed a strong sales performance, though results were better than analysts had predicted.
- PZ Cussons buys out partner in Nigerian milk business Sharecast - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Consumer products group PZ Cussons has spent £21m in cash to buy out its partner Glanbia in their Nigerian joint venture Nutricima.
- Firstgroup stays on course after Greyhound losses collared Sharecast - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Shares in FirstGroup steamed ahead on Wednesday as it reassured investors with confirmation that trading for the year to the end of March had remained in line with expectations, with progress continuing ...
- NARS agrees 100p takeover by Carlyle Sharecast - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Directors of AIM-listed Nationwide Accident Repair Services (NARS) have accepted a £43.2m cash takeover offer from private equity colossus Carlyle, less than a month after major shareholder Quindell sold ...
- Specialist UK bank Shawbrook rallies in stunning stock market debut Sharecast - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Specialist British bank Shawbrook made a stunning stock market debut on Wednesday in London with shares rallying to 305p, well above the top of its preset price range of 290p.
- Genus acquires 51% stake in Vitro Brasil Sharecast - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Animal genetics group Genus has completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in biotechnology firm Vitro Brasil for an undisclosed amount.
- Evraz pledges share buyback plan despite reporting $1.28bn in net loss Sharecast - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Russian focused steelmaker Evraz on Wednesday pledged to buy-back its shares despite reporting a net loss of $1.28bn last year.
- Investors retreat from commodities ETFs as sell-off continues Sharecast - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Investors are pulling money out of commodities exchange traded funds (ETFs) at the fastest pace on record, as the wider market slump continues.
- London pre-open: Stocks to fall further as sell-off continues Sharecast - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
UK stocks are set to extend losses on Wednesday morning following a huge sell-off the previous session that sent the Footsie to its lowest in over two and a half weeks.
- US open: Dow and S&P open in the red, as markets soak in economic data Sharecast - 16 hours ago
US stocks opened Tuesday's session marginally lower taking in a relatively weaker dollar alongside a plethora of economic data releases.
- Lord Ashcroft steps down from the House of Lords Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Former Tory deputy chairman and treasurer Lord Ashcroft has announced he will quit the House of Lords after 15 years.
- Market overview: Shares down as Greek bond yields move higher Sharecast - 16 hours ago
1630:Close Stocks ended the day sharply lower after Greek bond yields turned higher, ending the day up by 63 basis points at 11.69%. Anglo American was the biggest faller on the last day of the first quarter, ...
- Sector movers: Tobacco, oil & gas and mining drag FTSE 100 into the red Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Tobacco, oil & gas and mining stocks knocked the FTSE 100 down on a day of few positives over the course of Tuesday's trading in London.
- Friends Life partnership scheme sells nearly £164m of Aviva shares Sharecast - 17 hours ago
The partnership structure created by insurance group Friends Life has sold nearly £164m of shares in UK insurer Aviva, according to a report by Reuters on Tuesday.
- Nostrum Oil & Gas chairman sells £109.3m in shares Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Nostrum Oil & Gas revealed on Tuesday that its executive chairman sold £109.25m worth of shares in the group last week.
- Botswana Diamonds sinks after discounted fundraising Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Shares in AIM tiddler Botswana Diamonds dipped sharply after it raised £282,500 in a strongly discounted institutional placing.
- Iraqi forces reclaim Tikrit government HQ from Islamic State Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Iraqi security forces have recaptured the city of Tikrit, according to Iraqi state media, representing the largest military move against Islamic State (IS) since territories in the country were seized ...
- DDD shares dive back down after placing Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Stock in DDD Group sank on Tuesday after investors took profits in the AIM-listed imaging after a £450,000 fundraising.
- CBRE picks up facilities management unit from Johnson Controls for $1.5bn Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Property titan CBRE Group on Tuesday announced the acquisition of the Global Workplace Solutions business owned by Johnson Controls for $1.5bn.
- Chicago PMI rises in March but stays below 50 Sharecast - 18 hours ago
The Chicago Purchasing Managers Index remained in contraction for the second consecutive month in March, data released on Tuesday showed.
- Hewlett Packard sues Autonomy directors for $5.1bn, Lynch and Hussain launch £100m lawsuit Sharecast - 19 hours ago
US tech giant Hewlett-Packard has launched a colossal $5.1bn (£3.45bn) legal case in London against two directors of UK tech company Autonomy, which it acquired in 2011.
- Charter Communications snaps up rival Bright House Networks for $10.4bn Sharecast - 19 hours ago
In a sign of further consolidation in the US cable industry, media firm Charter Communications on Tuesday confirmed a $10.4bn acquisition of rival Bright House Networks.
- Bonds: Italian bonds outperform Sharecast - 19 hours ago
These were the movements in some of the most widely followed long-term sovereign bond yields:
- US open: Dow drops 50 points as stocks relinquish Monday's gains Sharecast - 19 hours ago
US stocks declined on Tuesday after two sessions of solid gains, as losses in the European and Asian markets weighed on sentiment.
- Hunting completes EA Gibson sale for $3.7m Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Hunting has completed the sale of the ship broker Gibson for $3.7m on Tuesday, meaning it is now focused solely on providing services to the energy sector.
- Canada's GDP shrinks in January Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Canada's gross domestic product (GDP) fell 0.1% month-on-month in January, reversing a 0.3% rise in December, but marginally beating more pessimistic market forecasts of a 0.2% decline.
- Burberry shares drop 2% as RBC cuts stock to 'sector-perform' Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Burberry shares slid 2% to 1732p on Tuesday with traders attributing RBC Capital Markets' move to cut its rating on the stock to 'sector-perform' from 'outperform'.