- Clinigen directors cash in options Sharecast - 28 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Clinigen Group directors have taken home a nice mid-week bonus after three exercised their options and a fourth sold a large portion of his stake.
- Conviviality Retail completes Matthew Clark deal Sharecast - 33 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Off licence and convenience stores owner Conviviality PLC confirmed it has completed the acquisition of Punch Tavern's 50% stake in drinks supplier Matthew Clark for a combined £200m....
- Third quarter economic slowdown to be temporary, NIESR says Sharecast - 1 hour 1 minute ago
(ShareCast News) - Britain's economy continued growing in the third quarter at its more recent subdued pace, but that was not expected to last, a leading economic think-tank said.
- Jaeger owners said to be exploring sale after bid approach Sharecast - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The owner of British fashion label Jaeger is reportedly exploring a sale of the company just weeks before the Christmas trading period gets under way.
- Tern gets 37.5k in legal settlement Sharecast - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - AIM-listed Tern said it has reached a settlement on a legal claim that was outstanding prior to its reorganisation in August 2013.
- Commodities: Oil, base metals spike on supply correction sentiment Sharecast - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Oil and base metal futures headed higher on Wednesday with supply correction sentiment gaining traction, while gold markets saw lacklustre trading in Europe.
- Barclays ups Old Mutual to 'overweight' Sharecast - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Barclays upgraded Old Mutual to 'overweight' from 'equalweight', keeping the price target at 235p, saying risks are skewed to the upside and the stock is underpriced.
- ISG awarded multi-million pound London office development Sharecast - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - ISG has been awarded a £29m contract to build a new commercial office development in London.
- Nomura sees AB Inbev raising bid towards mid-GBP 40s Sharecast - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - AB Inbev sweetened its bid price for rival brewer SAB Miller for a third time on Wednesday morning.
- US open: Dow jumps over 120 points as oil prices provide boost to equities Sharecast - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - US stocks rallied early on Wednesday, taking the lead from worldwide equity markets and as oil prices extended gains.
- FTSE 250 movers: Miners and energy stocks rally; Wizz Air crashes Sharecast - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was down 0.2% at 17,101.89 just after 1400 BST, underperforming the broader market.
- SABMiller rejects AB InBev's latest offer Sharecast - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - SABMiller has rejected AB InBev's latest takeover offer of £42.15 per share.
- Thursday preview: BoE, ECB and Federal Reserve reveal policy details Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The central banks of England, Europe and the US will take centre stage on Thursday as they release details of their latest policy decisions.
- Hydrodec sells Knowsley office premises in 0.7m deal Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Hydrodec Group's UK subsidiary has completed the disposal of its Knowsley office premises, plant and associated assets in the UK to Mulberry Waste for around £685,000 in cash.
- FX Roundup: Currency plays mixed but pound up on industrial data Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The forex market failed to record dominant movements in favour of any major currency on Wednesday, as most global crosses saw mixed fortunes while the ongoing commodities rally eased ...
- Gemfields profit drops despite rising revenue Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Gemfields, which provides ethically-sourced rare-coloured gemstones, posted a drop in pre-tax profit in the full year as costs rose and the margin was squeezed, even as revenue and production ...
- Fighting talk as AB InBev makes third offer to SABMiller Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - AB InBev has submitted a third takeover offer to SABMiller at £42.15 per share, but it's expected the company will reject the offer.
- Ceres Power reports wider loss but strengthens balance sheet Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Ceres Power Holdings has reported a wider loss after a drop in revenue and a rise in operating costs.
- Asia: Markets edge higher as BoJ keeps stimulus on hold Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Asian equity markets edged higher on Wednesday, after the Bank of Japan opted against extending its stimulus measures, even though its inflation target is under threat amid slumping ...
- Johnston Press closes more titles as it looks to cut costs Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Media group Johnston Press announced the closure of several print titles as it looks to cut costs and focus on its online expansion.
- Sabien Technology slumps as annual loss nearly doubles Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Sabien Technology slumped almost 6% early on Wednesday, as the energy-efficient technology provider posted a wider annual loss.
- European airline stocks hit by oil prices, Credit Suisse downgrade Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European airline stocks fell sharply on Wednesday, dragged lower by rising oil prices and a downgrade by Credit Suisse.
- FCA begins review into mortgage sector competition Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has begun its review into the mortgage sector as it launched a 'Call for Inputs' on competition on Wednesday.
- Morgan Stanley lifts stance on European miners; bumps up BHP, Rio and Anglo Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London-listed miners Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and Anglo American got a boost on Wednesday after Morgan Stanley upgraded its stance on all three stocks, as it lifted its view on the European ...
- Tesco interim operating profit more than halves Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Supermarket retailer Tesco posted a 55% drop in first-half operating profit as discount retailers continue to take their toll, and warned the grocery market remained challenging.
- Over 77,000 cars hit by VW emissions scandal in Australia Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Volkswagen has revealed 77,149 vehicles in Australia have been fitted with emissions test cheat software.
- Marks & Spencer slides on JPMorgan downgrade Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Marks & Spencer was under pressure after JPMorgan Cazenove downgraded the stock to 'neutral' from 'overweight' and cut its price target to 550p from 600p.
- UK industrial production beats expectations in August Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Industrial production in Britain grew more than expected in August, data released on Wednesday showed.
- EasyHotel annual revenue up year-on-year Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Budget hotel operator easyHotel has revealed revenue for the year is "materially ahead" of the previous year.
- Europe open: Shares led higher by mining and oil sector; German data shrugged off Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European equity markets edged higher in early trade, underpinned by strength in the basic resources and oil and gas sectors, as investors shrugged off another disappointing German data ...
- Bank of Japan opts against extending stimulus Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Bank of Japan has opted against extending its stimulus measures, even though its inflation target is under threat amid slumping exports and a decline in oil prices.
- London open: Mining shares lift equities higher Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks advanced on Wednesday, lifted higher by mining shares as metal prices rose.
- Market overview: Miners gain, airlines, Tesco move lower Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 0849: Miners are in the lead early on and airliners' shares on their back foot out on both the top flight index and its second-tier counterpart. Stock in Tesco is also lower after the ...
- Fastjet gets licence to operate from Zimbabwe Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Low-cost airline Fastjet has been granted an Air Operator Certificate by the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe, which gives it a licence to operate both domestic and international ...
- Ombudsman ruling to have million pound impact on IG Group Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - IG Group will correct a number of client accounts at a total cost of £1m after a ruling from the Financial Ombudsman Service.