- Tighter financial conditions could weigh on economic outlook, Fed's Yellen says Sharecast - 25 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Financial conditions in the US have become "less supportive" of economic growth and could weigh on the outlook should they persist, the chair of the US Federal Reserve, Janet ...
- Asahi offers to get SABmiller's beers in Sharecast - 57 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Japan's Asahi has offered to pay €2.55bn to acquire SABMiller's Peroni, Grolsch, and Meantime beer brands from Anheuser-Busch InBev to help the merger swerve competition concerns.
- Pinewood still growing as it mulls possible sale Sharecast - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Pinewood Studios was holding steady on its growth trajectory in the second half of the year, as the company revealed it was undergoing a strategic review that could lead to its sale....
- Wednesday newspaper share tips: Avoid Sophos and Tui AG Sharecast - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Sophos Group was under the microscope in The Telegraph's Questor on Wednesday.
- Sales grow at Animalcare, but investment eats into profit Sharecast - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Animalcare was looking at an increase in sales in its first half results on Wednesday, though profits were down in the six months to 31 December 2015 as the company pressed ahead with ...
- Yellen testimony could become "verbal slugfest" Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen is set to deliver her half yearly testimony on Wednesday afternoon and one market analyst believed some lawmakers may see it as an opportunity to shine....
- Hornby tanks as it warns on profits again Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Hornby fell sharply after the train set maker said it now expects to report an underlying pre-tax loss of £5.5m to £6m for the year to March.
- Leed Resources looks set for AIM suspension Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Natural resource investing company Leed Resources said it was unlikely that a reserve takeover deal could be done in time to avoid the stock being suspended from AIM.
- Canaccord reiterates 'hold' rating for Dunelm Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Canaccord Genuity has reiterated its 'hold' rating for Dunelm Group after the homewares retailer declared a special dividend and reported a solid first half.
- SocGen downgrades Glencore ahead of production numbers Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Societe Generale downgraded Glencore to 'hold' from 'buy' pointing to finely balanced fundamentals.
- Asia report: Japan stocks hit lowest level since 2014 Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Stocks in Japan hit their lowest levels since 2014 on Wednesday, as investors in the region remained worried about the Federal Reserve's interest rate plans, and the general health of ...
- UK industrial output falls more than expected in December Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Industrial production in the UK fell by more than economists were expecting, weighed down by output from the mining sector.
- Renold plunges after profit warning Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Renold, the chains and power transmission specialist, warned that full year profits would be 13% lower than last year after sales in recent months were hit by weakness in many of its ...
- Milestone payday for Vectura on new asthma therapy Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Vectura Group's inhaler and formulation technology received a boost on Wednesday, with the completion of a significant milestone on the development of the VR315 product.
- Tullow Oil pegs back full year loss to £1bn Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Tullow Oil has nearly halved its full year loss, however the company's revenues for the year have dropped substantially.
- Victrex remains confident despite tough trading in first quarter Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Tough trading conditions were proving a challenge for Victrex in its first quarter, although the company said in a trading statement that it remained confident in its longer term prospects....
- Greene King's third quarter sales boosted by festive season Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Greene King has posted a strong third quarter book, boosted by strong Christmas sales.
- Dunelm declares special dividend after strong first half Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Homewares retailer Dunelm Group has declared a special dividend payment after a solid first half of the year boosted by strong sales post Christmas, and is now looking to greatly increase ...
- Great Portland Estates enters 2016 in strong position Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Great Portland Estates remained in a strong position heading into the new year, with the real estate investment trust updating the market on its activities in the three months to 31 ...
- ARM muscles past forecasts but shares hit by Apple worries Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - ARM Holdings posted a strong set of full year results and said it was confident of meeting forecasts for 2016 as demand for its microchip technology continues to grow.
- London open: Stocks gain ahead of Yellen's testimony Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks rose on Wednesday as investors brushed off concerns about the health of the world's economy and the state of the banking system.
- Europe open: Stocks bounce back as investors eye Yellen's testimony Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks pushed higher in early trade, bouncing back from heavy losses in the previous session as investors sifted through a slew of earnings and looked to Federal Reserve chair ...
- Electrocomponents on track for cost savings as it reports mixed trading Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Electrocomponents said underlying sales grew 2% in the four months to the end of January amid a mixed performance, and the company remains on track to deliver its targeted £25m annualised ...
- Kier Group awarded extension to Surrey highways contract Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Kier Group's road maintenance contract with Surrey County Council has been extended.
- Bellway on target for 10% full year volume growth Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Housebuilder Bellway reported strong growth in first half housing completions and said it remains on target to deliver a 10% rise in full year volumes.
- London pre-open: All eyes on Yellen, negative bond yields Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Markets were expected to tread water at the start of trading on Wednesday, as investors waited on a speech by the chair of the US Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen, later in the day.
- Hikma cuts cash consideration for Roxane by £370m Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Hikma Pharmaceutical's takeover of Roxane Laboratories took on a new shape on Wednesday, with the cash consideration being almost halved off the back of significantly lower revenue projections....
- Wednesday newspaper round-up: Deutsche Bank, UBS, Royal Mail, oil Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Deutsche Bank is considering buying back several billion euros of its debt, as Germany's biggest bank steps up efforts to shore up the tumbling value of its securities against the backdrop ...
- Staples gets EU approval for Office Depot takeover Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The European Commission has approved Staples' proposed $6.3bn takeover of office supplies distributor Office Depot, subject to the divestment of some of the latter's businesses in Europe....
- Landore to offload non-core Canadian lithium resource Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Landore Resources had secured a deal to offload its Root Lake non-core lithium property in north western Ontario, Canada on Wednesday, to dedicated lithium producer Ardiden.
- Synectics wins contract extension with Stagecoach Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - One of Synectic's large contracts was extended on Wednesday, providing the firm with security of work in the transport sector for another year, with multinational bus and rail operator ...
- Europe midday: Banks pace the advance as stocks bounce back; Yellen eyed Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks racked up solid gains on Wednesday, with banks surging ahead following heavy losses in the previous session, as investors looked to Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen's ...
- London midday: Equities gain as banking stocks and oil prices rebound Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged higher on Wednesday as banking stocks and oil prices recovered.
- Bonds: US high-yield debt markets under pressure as oil slides Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - These were the movements in the yields of the most widely-followed 10-year sovereign bonds:
- Deutsche Bank's boss says financial position is 'rock solid' Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Deutsche Bank's balance sheet is "rock solid" the German lender's boss, John Cryan, said in a letter sent to staff, according to reports.