- London residential property fund K&C Reit floats on AIM with special purposes in mind Sharecast - 26 minutes ago
K&C REIT, the first residential real estate investment trust focused on Central London, began trading on AIM on Friday after a £3.6m fundraising.
- ITV's chairman buys new shares Sharecast - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
ITV's chairman increased his stake in the TV network one week after the group's acquisition of Boom Supervisory.
- JP Morgan upgrades Cobham to 'overweight', says pullback overdone Sharecast - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
British Engineer Cobham's rating was lifted from 'neutral' to 'overweight' by JP Morgan, who cited a mean reversion opportunity.
- M&A megadeals in 2015 highest since 1999 and feeding frenzy should continue Sharecast - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the first six months of 2015 reached the highest level since 2007, according to new data from Dealogic.
- Uber suspends low budget service in France after riots Sharecast - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Mobile taxi service Uber said Friday was a 'sad day' as it was forced to suspend its budget service UberPop in France. .
- Liberia investigating animal link after new Ebola outbreak Sharecast - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Liberian officials are investigating whether Ebola had spread through animals after the country confirmed its third death in the latest outbreak on Thursday.
- FTSE 250 movers: Auto Trader Group surges on broker intitiation, energy stocks lower Sharecast - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Mid-caps edged lower on Friday, with weakness in the oil, mining and telecommunications sectors providing a drag on the market.
- Barclays appoints KPMG as new auditor, replaces PwC Sharecast - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Barclays said on Friday that it will appoint KPMG as its auditor for the year ending 31 December 2017, ending its 119-year audit relationship with PwC.
- FTSE 100 movers: RBS hit by mortgage bond allegations, Vodafone by ML note Sharecast - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
UK stocks inched lower on Friday, as investors continued to fret in the run up to Sunday's Greek referendum.
- CO2 levels to damage irreversibly marine life Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Coastal industries, fisheries, aquaculture and human health and tourism will all be affected unless the effects of increasing levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) on the oceans is recognised and curbed, according ...
- Poroshenko reiterates call for sanctions on Russia Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko has called again on the international community to sanction Russia should the conflict in southeastern Ukraine escalate.
- EU urges Russia and Ukraine to return to gas negotiating table Sharecast - 3 hours ago
The European Union has urged Ukraine and Russia to make concessions to reach a deal after long-term gas talks broke down this week.
- Countrywide announces management shake-up Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Countrywide announced six new senior appointments and a shake-up of its structure on Friday, which involves bringing its core Estate Agency and Lettings divisions into one retail structure.
- Broker Tips: BP, FirstGroup, 888 Holdings, Ladbrokes, BAE Systems Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Goldman Sachs raised its price targets on BP to 376p from 364p and $34.5 from $33.1, respectively, following the company's settlement over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but retained its 'sell' rating ...
- Kenmare Resources restarts production after Moma mine strike Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Dublin-headquartered miner Kenmare Resources has announced that operations at its flagship Moma titanium project in Mozambique have returned to normal.
- Premier Foods to invest £20m in Mr Kipling venture Sharecast - 5 hours ago
UK food manufacturer Premier Foods will unveil a new £20m production line at its Mr Kipling bakery in Carlton, Barnsley on Friday.
- Discount supermarket Lidl received $900m in public development money Sharecast - 6 hours ago
German discount chain Lidl had received almost $900m over 10 years in public development money, reports say.
- Asia: Shanghai leads wider sell-off, Nikkei ends on flat note Sharecast - 6 hours ago
The Shanghai Composite Index was down 5.77% to 3,686.92 when the market closed on Thursday, continuing three weeks of decline.
- JPMorgan's Dimon said to be world's best paid bank boss in 2014 Sharecast - 6 hours ago
JPMorgan's chief executive officer Jamie Dimon and Morgan Stanley's CEO James Gorman topped the league of bankers' pay in 2014, according to the Financial Times.
- Transport for London buys 45 Overground trains from Bombardier Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Transport for London has signed a £358m deal with train maker Bombardier for 45 new trains that will increase capacity and reduce travel time on several London Overground routes.
- Goldman mulls Greek referendum impact; says 'no' vote wouldn't lead to Grexit Sharecast - 7 hours ago
With Greeks heading to the polls on Sunday, Goldman Sachs took a look at the potential impact of the referendum on bond and equity markets, and said its base case is for Greece to remain in the Eurozone, ...
- UK service-sector growth picks up in June, PMI data shows Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Growth in Britain's services sector accelerated more than expected in June, according to data on Friday from Markit and the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- Eurozone Markit services PMI for June ticks up a touch, in line with expectations Sharecast - 7 hours ago
The final Eurozone PMI composite output index printed at 54.2 in June, up from 53.6 in May and marginally above the earlier flash estimate, Markit said on Friday.
- FirstGroup drops after UBS downgrade to 'sell' Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Shares in FirstGroup fell 3% after UBS downgraded the stock to 'sell' from 'neutral', pointing to the recent strong rally in the share price to a level above its fair value.
- K+S rallies as Potash Corp says it's confident it can address takeover concerns Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Shares in German potash producer K+S rose just over 4% on Friday after Potash Corp said it was confident it could address the company's concerns about its takeover proposals through collaborative discussion....
- Market overview: UK services PMI beats forecasts Sharecast - 7 hours ago
0937: The Markit/CIPS UK services PMI rose to 58.5 in June after posting a five-moth low of 56.5 in May, beating the 57.5 consensus forecast. However, data revealed that growth rates for new business and ...
- Greek "yes" camp leads opinion polls ahead of referendum Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Supporters of Greece's bailout terms lead opinion polls, according to an ALCO institute survey published by the Ethnos newspaper on Friday.
- Ubisense shares drop on revenue shortfall warning Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Shares in Ubisense dropped sharply on Friday after the business services group said that a revenue shortfall in the first half would unlikely be recovered.
- Europe open: Stocks flit between small losses and gains amid continued Greece uncertainty Sharecast - 8 hours ago
European stocks fluctuated between small gains and losses on Friday, with investors cautious ahead of Sunday's Greek referendum, on what is likely to be a fairly quiet session as US markets will be closed ...
- Exane BNP Paribas lifts target price on Ladbrokes, holds 'outperform' rating post strategy update Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Exane BNP Paribas has reiterated an 'outperform' rating on gambling house Ladbrokes and lifted its target price 8% from 125p to 135p off its recent strategy update.
- CityFibre on track with Edinburgh project Sharecast - 8 hours ago
AIM listed CityFibre said more than 200 businesses have registered interest in its Edinburgh business campaign for ultra-fast connectivity within the short space of a month.
- UBS upgrades BAE Sytems to 'buy' Sharecast - 8 hours ago
UBS upgraded BAE Systems to 'buy' from 'neutral' but cut the price target to 510p from 540p.
- Polar Capital Technology assets rise 30.7% Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Polar Capital Technology has recorded a 30.7% rise in its total net assets, according to final results published on Friday.
- Aetna to buy Humanna for $37bn as US health insurance bonanza rolls on Sharecast - 8 hours ago
US health insurer Aetna Inc has agreed to take over rival Humana Inc for roughly $37bn, capping off a frantic week of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the sector.
- JPMorgan upgrades BP to 'overweight' on Gulf of Mexico settlement Sharecast - 8 hours ago
JPMorgan Cazenove upgraded BP to 'overweight' from 'neutral' and raised the price target to 475p from 450p following the company's unexpected settlement on Thursday over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill....