Samsung has unveiled its latest high-end smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which is available to pre-order in the UK now with a starting price of £869.
The device is set to go on sale in the UK in September, but those who are really excited can pre-order it from now.
When is it released?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is available to pre-order now, and will go on sale in the UK on September 15, Samsung has confirmed.
Where can I pre-order one?
Pre-ordered devices are likely to be in the hands of users shortly before the phone's general release. Samsung will also be bundling its £139 DeX docking station with the Note 8, which can be used with a PC monitor for a full screen experience.
Most of the UK's leading providers will be selling the Note 8. EE, Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse all provided links to where customers can get the first information about the launch and now have pre-order pages open.
How much will it cost
Contrary to earlier reports that the phone could cost more than £900, the Galaxy Note 8 will retail in the UK for £869 - which still makes it the company's most expensive smartphone to date.
Where can I get one and what are the best deals?
Samsung will be selling the phone directly if you want it upfront. The company's pre-order page is here.
EE is offering the device for £49.99 upfront at £57.99 per month, while Vodafone is going to be selling the Note 8 for £50 upfront at £56 per month. It's also been revealed that the Note 8 will be available on Three, Sky and Virgin Mobile.
Most of the deals we have seen for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 are in the region of £50 upfront, with a monthly cost of around £56 per month - so this phone will not come cheap just yet.
- Samsung - £689 with dual SIM and DeX docking station
- SIM-free - £689 with DeX docking station
- O2 - £59.99 upfront cost, £56 per month with 20GB of data
- EE - £49.99 upfront cost, £57.99 per month with 16GB of data
- Vodafone - £50 upfront cost, £56 per month with 16GB of data
- O2 - £59.99 upfront cost, £49 per month with 5GB of data
- iD - £279.99 upfront, £45.99 per month with 10GB of data
- O2 - £150 upfront, £39 per month with 5GB of data
- EE - £150 upfront, £42.99 per month with 10GB of data
- Virgin - Free upfront, £43 per month with 1.2GB of data and a DeX docking station
- Virgin - Free upfront, £49 per month with 6GB of data and a DeX docking station
- Sky - Free upfront, £38 per month with 500MB per month for Sky TV customers
- Three - £79 upfront, £56 per month with 12GB of data with DeX docking station
What is it like?
The Galaxy Note 8 is Samsung's high-end 6.3-inch smartphone and comes with an edge-to-edge "infinity" display, a stylus pen and a powerful dual-lens camera.
It has two 12 MP rear-facing cameras and an 8MP front-facing selfie one. The Note 8 also comes with Samsung's Bixby voice assistant, as well as being waterproof. It is fitted with facial recognition and wireless charging technology.
Galaxy Note 8 cases
There are already some great-looking cases that are available for the Note 8, essential for protecting the infinity display.
Some of these are available to pre-order now, coming into stock next week. Mobilefun is offering cases from £19.99.