- 'Barclays is about to triple the cost of my overdraft' Telegraph - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
The bank is scrapping its percentage-based overdraft fee in favour of a flat daily charge
- Umpqua Holdings Corporation and Sterling Financial Corporation Complete Merger Business Wire - 8 hours ago
Umpqua Holdings Corporation and Sterling Financial Corporation announced the completion of their merger today, creating the West Coast’s largest community bank.
- Providence, RI, sues firms over stock trades Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Providence, R.I., is suing dozens of Wall Street banks and other financial companies over high-frequency trading. The federal complaint was filed Friday in New York on behalf of city investment funds that ...
- Savings 'at risk' due to bank staff failings Telegraph - 9 hours ago
Savers at risk because of bank staff failings on financial compensation scheme, says consumer group Which?
- Plane spotted in Iran is registered to Utah bank Associated Press - 9 hours ago
An airplane that mysteriously ended up in Iran is registered to a Utah bank under an arrangement for aviation ownership that has prompted two warnings from a government watchdog in the past year. The Bombardier ...
- Mt. Gox suitors seek support to save bitcoin exchange Reuters - 10 hours ago
Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, is likely to be liquidated after a Tokyo court dismissed the company's bid to resuscitate its business, the court appointed administrator said on Wednesday. The investor group, which offered to take over the assets of Mt. Gox and revive it, has received backing from many …
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against Certain Registered Public Stock Exchanges, Brokerage Firms and High Frequency Trading Firms Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP today announced that a class action has been commenced on behalf of an
- Oak Valley Bancorp Reports 1st Quarter Results Marketwired - 11 hours ago
Oak Valley Bancorp , the bank holding company for Oak Valley Community Bank and Eastern Sierra Community Bank, recently reported consolidated financial results. For the three months ended March 31, 2014 ...
- Figures on government spending and debt Associated Press - 12 hours ago
Figures on government spending and debt (last six digits are eliminated). The government's fiscal year runs Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
- Venture investments highest since 2001 Associated Press - 12 hours ago
Funding for U.S. startup companies soared 57 percent in the first quarter to a level not seen since 2001, as venture capitalists piled more money into a growing number of deals, according to a report due ...
- Idaho First Bank Reports Quarterly Results Marketwired - 13 hours ago
Today Idaho First Bank reported financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2014. The Bank reported net income of $197,000 for the first quarter, compared to net income of $106,000 in the same quarter ...
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results Marketwired - 13 hours ago
First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. , the holding company for First Federal Savings Bank, reported earnings of $412,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014. Although lower than the $471,000 for the same quarter ...
- Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Reports Inducement Grant Under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4) Business Wire - 13 hours ago
Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a leader in the development of RNAi-based therapeutics, today announced that it granted stock options to Pankaj Bhargava, M.D., the Company’s chief medical officer, on April 16, 2014, including a stock option to purchase 246,406 shares of common stock of the Company outside of the Company’s …
- Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes - reports Reuters - 14 hours ago
Brazil´s federal police have opened an investigation into former billionaire Eike Batista for financial crimes, including insider trading, manipulation of markets and money laundering, Brazilian media reported on Friday. If the police probe leads to criminal charges against Batista, it would be yet another major blow for …
- The Top 5 Residential VoIP Providers for 2014, Ranked by 1010PhoneRates.com Marketwired - 15 hours ago
For residences that are on a budget, being able to save money on monthly phone bills is a welcomed change. The easiest way for those residences to do so is by switching their phone carrier to a residential ...
- Access National Declares Dividend, Reports First Quarter Earnings Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Access National Corporation , parent company for Access National Bank , reported first quarter 2014 net income of $2.4 million, or $0.23 per share. This represents the Corporation’s 55th consecutive quarterly profit over its 57 quarter history.
- Digital Offering Announces Launch of Equisolve Securities Offering Marketwired - 16 hours ago
Digital Offering , a next generation, technology-driven investment bank, announced that its client, Equisolve, Inc., will be launching a new offering of securities on the Digital Offering platform today ...
- Mortgage market needs to keep up with times Telegraph - 16 hours ago
Call for home loan industry to modernise to keep up with changing way people work
- Amazon's tax-free European profits drop after IRS clamp-down Reuters - 16 hours ago
The amount of money Amazon.com Inc reports through a tax-exempt vehicle in Europe has dropped sharply in the past two years, even as European sales jumped, after the U.S. tax authority tightened rules it felt were being abused to shift profits. Amazon minimises its tax bill by having the U.S. unit which owns its technology …
- Hot dog supplier Rollover calls in Spayne Lindsay to advise on sale Telegraph - 16 hours ago
Rollover, backed by private equity group Piper, sells over 20 million hotdogs a year through convenience stores and stadiums
- Cowboys and Eagles Play for Charity Business Wire - 17 hours ago
Former pro football players, including Erik Williams, Michael Irvin and Mike Quick, will put gridiron rivalries aside and raise money for young athletes during a Celebrity Poker Ch
- U.S. Bancorp Asset Management, Inc. Announces Financial Positions for Closed-End Funds Business Wire - 17 hours ago
U.S. Bancorp Asset Management, Inc. today announced the financial positions for the following closed-end funds for the month ended March 31, 2014.
- Shell chief committed to Russia despite Ukraine Telegraph - 17 hours ago
In a meeting with President Vladimir Putin, Ben van Beurden said he is committed to the company’s energy investments in Russia
- Financing the Future Marketwired - 17 hours ago
- U.S. Bancorp Asset Management, Inc. Announces May Distributions for Closed-End Funds Business Wire - 17 hours ago
The closed-end funds listed below, which are advised by U.S. Bancorp Asset Management, Inc. , today declared their May distributions. The distributions will be allocated on a per-share basis on the common stock.
- Bank of Cyprus sells business in Ukraine, Romania Associated Press - 17 hours ago
Cyprus' largest bank says it has sold off its business in Ukraine and a stake in a Romanian bank to help reduce risk and improve cash flow for the troubled lender. Bank of Cyprus says it has completed ...
- Arizona Businesses to Get $13 Million from Small Business Finance Business Wire - 17 hours ago
Arizona companies will soon receive over $13 million in SBA small business loans, based on financing approved in the first quarter 2014 by Small Business Finance.
- California Bank of Commerce Reports Record First Quarter 2014 Net Income Business Wire - 18 hours ago
California Bank of Commerce reported net income of $756 thousand for the quarter ending March 31, 2014, an increase of 36% over the same quarter of 2013. Basic earnin
- Consumers: A Click Away From the Heartbleed Bug Ruining Credit Marketwired - 18 hours ago
Every year approximately 10 million Americans become victims of identity theft. Just last week a new online virus, the Heartbleed Bug, was discovered that can compromise the usernames and passwords of ...
- Travel money goes 30pc further as pound rockets Telegraph - 19 hours ago
The pound is up against most major currencies and as much as 30pc against the Turkish lira, or SA rand
- Monte Paschi approves plan to increase cash call to 5 billion euros Reuters - 19 hours ago
The board of Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (MIL:BMPS) on Friday approved a proposal to boost the size of a share sale it is planning to 5 billion euros (4.1 billion pounds) to help cover any gaps a Europe-wide bank check might find in its finances. Italy's third-largest bank held an extraordinary board meeting …
- Grant money increases for Michigan specialty crops Associated Press - 19 hours ago
Michigan could receive nearly $2 million in federal block grants for specialty crops as a result of the U.S. farm bill. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says $66 million is available nationwide to state ...
- The Best Credit Card Introductory Offers of 2014, According to CreditCardChaser.com Marketwired - 19 hours ago
Introductory offers can help consumers save significant amounts of money, while earning rewards, points, and more. For consumers looking for a great deal, Credit Card Chaser, a leading expert on credit ...
- The Best No Overdraft Fee Credit Cards, Ranked by Creditnet.com Marketwired - 19 hours ago
Today, Creditnet.com, an online expert on credit cards, announced the best no overdraft fee credit cards. Most consumers overdraft their credit card at some point in their life, even if they are very careful ...
- The Best 0% APR on Purchases Credit Cards of 2014, Announced by MyRatePlan.com Marketwired - 19 hours ago
According to MyRatePlan.com, a leading authority on credit cards, consumers can save significant amounts of money by having a 0% intro APR on purchases. With one of these credit cards, cardholders don't ...