- Gold Price Bounce, Rebound in Questions Ahead of US GDP DailyFX - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
Gold Price Bounce, Rebound in Questions Ahead of US GDP
- Congress takes a huge step toward legalizing sports betting in America Yahoo Finance - 5 hours ago
Ever since NBA commissioner Adam Silver wrote a passionate New York Times op-ed in 2014 in favor of legalizing sports betting, those with skin in the game have hoped for progress in repealing the federal laws that restrict sports betting. In August, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill that legalizes and protects …
- Iran Proving To Be Its Own Worst Enemy For Oil Development Oilprice.com - 6 hours ago
Despite the announced tender and the attempts to woo foreign investment, Iran continues to face domestic opposition
- Peru protests risk halting one of world's biggest copper mines - MMG Reuters - 6 hours ago
Supplies needed to keep operating one of the world's biggest copper mines, Las Bambas, are running out as access roads remain blocked by protesters in Peru, Chinese-owned miner MMG Ltd said on Friday. Protests against the company's use of local roads in the highland province of Challhuahuacho have expanded since a protester …
- Greek shipping companies fined $1.5M for pollution, cover-up Associated Press - 7 hours ago
SEATTLE (AP) — A federal judge in Seattle on Friday ordered two companies owned by a Greek shipping magnate to pay $1.5 million after a jury found that a cargo ship deliberately pumped oil-polluted water into the ocean, then repeatedly lied and falsified records in an effort to deceive inspectors with the U.S. Coast Gu …
- Richline Group Has Acquired Silpada Designs Business Wire - 7 hours ago
Richline Group, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, announced today that it has acquired select assets of Silpada Designs, including the “Silpada” brand name, its jewelry designs and all sterling silver and fashion jewelry inventory.
- Noranda Obtains Court Approval to Sell Alumina Refinery in Gramercy, Louisiana and Bauxite Mining Operation in St. Ann, Jamaica to DADA Holdings LLC GlobeNewswire - 7 hours ago
Franklin, Tennessee - October 21, 2016 - Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation (OTC: NORNQ) ("Noranda" or the "Company") today announced Court approval for the sale of the Company`s ...
- Dow 30 Stock Roundup: AmEx, Goldman, IBM Earnings Impress; Travelers, Verizon Disappoint Zacks - 7 hours ago
The Dow experienced a volatile week with earnings and oil prices dominating the proceedings.
- Silver Spring Networks to Release Third Quarter Results on November 3rd, 2016 Business Wire - 8 hours ago
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. , a leading networking platform and solutions provider for the Internet of Things, today announced that it will release its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016 after the close of market on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
- Oil up on Russia-OPEC hopes; U.S. rig count jump limits gains Reuters - 8 hours ago
Oil settled up on Friday on hopes Russia and OPEC will reach agreement at the weekend on market support initiatives to keep crude above $50 a barrel, although traders cautioned about pressure from a double-digit rise in the U.S. oil rig count. Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said he would make proposals to his …
- Automakers could be making a big mistake with their big bets on electric cars Business Insider - 8 hours ago
A hundred years ago, the electric motor lost out to the gas engine. A century later...
- Gold Price and Oil See Headwinds as USD Strongest Since February DailyFX - 9 hours ago
Gold Price and Oil See Headwinds as USD Strongest Since February
- BGE Recognized For Volunteerism and Corporate Citizenship at Annual Governor's Service Awards Business Wire - 9 hours ago
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company was recognized for its commitment to central Maryland communities at the 33rd Annual Governor’s Service Awards held in Annapolis yesterday. The Maryland Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism presented BGE with a citation for volunteerism and philanthropy as the company marks …
- Copper isn't the predictor of economic doom that everyone thinks Business Insider - 9 hours ago
Copper is not a good doctor. Investors believe that the metal's price is a reliable way to...
- Oil Heavyweights Worry About Future Oil Supply Oilprice.com - 9 hours ago
- Gold prices notch first weekly gain in four as Asian demand rises Reuters - 9 hours ago
NEW YORK/ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Gold prices were little changed on Friday as a strong dollar limited gains, but the precious metal notched its first weekly rise in four as seasonal demand from Asia kicked in. Demand from Asia, including China, India and exchange-traded funds (ETF), has helped prop up prices this week. Spot …
- U.S. Global Investors, Inc. Reports Ownership of Flow-Through Units of Murchison Minerals Ltd. Marketwired - 10 hours ago
U.S. Global Investors, Inc. announced today that an account over which it has investment authority acquired, on August 31, 2016, an aggregate of 3,000,000 common shares and 1,500,000 common share purchase ...
- GE's CEO says oil, gas drag to continue, forex headwinds to ease Reuters - 10 hours ago
NEW YORK (Reuters) - General Electric Co (GE.N) expects weakness in oil and gas revenue to continue to drag on its results, but headwinds from foreign exchange translation should ease, Chief Executive ...
- GE cuts year revenue target on oil, gas weakness, has third quarter profit beat Reuters - 10 hours ago
General Electric Co (GE.N) scaled back expectations for its full-year revenue and profit on Friday, overshadowing third-quarter profit that beat analyst forecasts and sending its shares lower. Weak global economies and low oil prices hit the industrial giant's sales of oil and gas infrastructure equipment especially hard. …
- Rare U.S. Gas Phenomenon Signals Price Shocks as Glut Shrinks Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
- Famed energy trader Mark Fisher says buy any dip in crude oil and natural gas CNBC - 11 hours ago
Renowned energy trader Mark Fisher forecasts oil prices will establish a new base at $55 to $65 a barrel and natural gas futures can crack $4.
- US rig count up 14 this week to 553; Texas gains 10 Associated Press - 11 hours ago
The number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. increased by 14 this week to 553. A year ago, 787 rigs were active. Depressed energy prices have sharply curtailed oil and gas exploration. ...
- Plant Oil Market in Germany: Business Report 2016 - Research and Markets Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Plant Oil Market in Germany: Business Report 2016" report to their offering.
- Permian And Eagle Ford Recover As Rig Count Rises To 8 Month High Oilprice.com - 11 hours ago
- Hurricane draws £70m for investments Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
By Robert Venes Oct 21 - Hurricane Energy, an oil and gas business focused on tapping resources in naturally fractured basement reservoirs, has raised £70m from a placing, with potential for a further ...
- Pumps and Compressors Market to Post a CAGR of 5% and 7% Respectively Through 2020: Technavio Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Technavio’s latest research study covers the present scenario and growth prospects of the global pumps and compressors market for 2016-2020. Some of the top suppliers listed in the report include Grundfos, Flowserve, Xylem, Sulzer, and KSB Aktiengesellschaft. The growing need for energy efficiency, particularly in …
- Oil rig count rises for 8th straight week Business Insider - 12 hours ago
The US oil rig count rose for an 8th straight period by 11 to 443 this week, according to...
- Gitga'at First Nation Calls for Immediate Passage of North Coast Oil Tanker Ban; Expresses Sympathy for "Nightmare" Diesel Spill in Great Bear Rainforest Marketwired - 12 hours ago
The elected Council of the Gitga'at First Nation issued the following statement on the sinking of the Nathan E. Stewart tugboat and the stranding of fuel barge DBL 55 near Waglisla :
- FTSE steadies near one-week high; BAT slips Reuters - 12 hours ago
- Venezuela Goes on Oil World Tour as Deadline for Bond Swap Looms Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his energy minister Eulogio del Pino are going on a tour of the world’s crude producers to drum up support for a deal to limit output just as a critical deadline ...
- South East Asia Fuel Oil Supply and Demand Trends, Drivers, Challenges and Forecasts, 2005-2025 - Research and Markets Business Wire - 13 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Future of South East Asia Fuel Oil Supply and Demand, 2005- 2025: Trends, Drivers, Challenges and Forecasts of Fuel Oil Production and Consumption under Current Market Dynamics" report to their offering.
- Britain's FTSE steadies near one-week high; BAT slips Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Britain's top share index steadied at the close on Friday after hitting a one-week high, with stronger miners following a rally in metals prices offsetting weaker companies such as British American Tobacco ...
- FRN Variable Rate Fix Business Wire - 13 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Re: SOUTHERN GAS NETWORKS PLC GBP 250,000,000.00 MATURING: 22-Oct-2035 ISIN: XS0232335926 PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE INTEREST RATE FOR THE PERIOD 21-Oct-2016 TO 21-Apr-2017 HAS ...
- Fitch Affirms Main Street Natural Gas (GA) Project Revs Series 2006 A & B Business Wire - 13 hours ago
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the ratings on the following bonds issued by Main Street Natural Gas, Inc. :
- Finland's Kesko in talks to sell Russian food retail business Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
HELSINKI, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - Finland's second-largest retailer Kesko (LSE: 0BNS.L - news) is in talks to sell its food retailing business in Russia to hypermarket group Lenta (Frankfurt: A1XEVQ - news) just four years after opening its first food store in the country. Several Finnish companies …