- Britons poised for biggest income boost for two decades Telegraph - 49 minutes ago
UK economy to shake-off uncertainty surrounding general election, as oil price fall paves way for massive increase in disposable incomes
- Afren close to $200m rescue Telegraph - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Oil explorer close to agreeing bond refinancing deal
- LePage revokes South Portland's 'business friendly' status Associated Press - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Republican Gov. Paul LePage's administration has revoked the city of South Portland's "business friendly" status because of a local ordinance that bans tar sands oil from being exported from ...
- Russia denies German report it is ready to sign gas deal with Greece Reuters - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
MOSCOW/BERLIN (Reuters) - Russia denied on Saturday a German media report suggesting that it could sign a gas pipeline deal with Greece as early as Tuesday which could bring up to five billion euros into Athens' depleted state coffers. German magazine Der Spiegel, citing a senior figure in Greece's ruling Syriza party, …
- Race is on to tap 1bn barrels of oil in the Falkland Islands Telegraph - 5 hours ago
British oil companies are leading the quest to find oil around the Falklands despite threats by Argentina
- Russia gas deal would not solve Greece's problems: Schaeuble Reuters - 5 hours ago
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Saturday he was happy over a report that Greece was poised to sign a gas deal with Russia, though he added it would not solve the cash-strapped euro zone nation's economic problems. "I am happy about that for Greece," Schaeuble told journalists on the sidelines of the …
- In Wake of Fresno Gas Line Incident, PG&E Urges Calling 811 Before Any Digging Project to Protect Public Safety Business Wire - 17 hours ago
Pacific Gas and Electric Company urges anyone doing digging projects to call 811 at least two working days in advance so that utility lines can be marked to allow for safe digging.
- Governor vetoes bill limiting state entity in gas plan Associated Press - 19 hours ago
Gov. Bill Walker vetoed legislation Friday that sought to temporarily restrict participation of a state-sponsored corporation in an alternate gas pipeline project that he proposed. The veto was expected, ...
- Family wins back seized gold coins that could be worth $80M Associated Press - 20 hours ago
A family was awarded the rights to 10 rare gold coins possibly worth $80 million or more on Friday after a U.S. appeals court overturned a jury verdict. U.S. Department of the Treasury officials insist ...
- Man gets 100-year term in murder of teacher in oil boom town Associated Press - 20 hours ago
- Russian gas deal 'will net Greece €5bn and turn the tide' Telegraph - 20 hours ago
Greece to receive up to €5bn from Russia for a planned gas pipeline that runs through the country
- Russia denies striking gas deal to net Greece €5bn Telegraph - 20 hours ago
Kremlin says it has not reached an agreement to provide a €5bn sweetner to Athens for a planned gas pipeline that runs through the country
- US oil and natural gas rig count drops by 34 to 954 Associated Press - 20 hours ago
Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. declined by 34 this week to 954 amid depressed oil prices. Houston-based Baker Hughes said ...
- Family wins back seized gold coins that could fetch millions Associated Press - 21 hours ago
A U.S. appeals court Friday overturned a jury verdict and awarded a Philadelphia family the rights to 10 rare gold coins that could fetch $80 million. U.S. Treasury officials insist the $20 Saint-Gaudens ...
- Final Glance: Oil companies Associated Press - 22 hours ago
Shares of some top oil companies were mixed at the close of trading: BP PLC rose $.34 or .8 percent, to $42.89. Chevron fell $1.05 or 1.0 percent, to $109.11. ConocoPhillips fell $1.32 or 1.9 percent, ...
- Final Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 22 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies were mixed at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.08 or 2.5 percent, to $3.16. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.15 or 1.6 percent, to $9.29. Silver Standard ...
- Final Glance: Gold companies Associated Press - 22 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies were mixed at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. rose $.11 or .9 percent, to $12.76. Gold Fields Ltd ADS unchanged at $4.02. GoldCorp fell $.04 or .2 percent, to ...
- Exclusive - Anadarko considers selling Mozambique gas assets to Exxon Reuters - 22 hours ago
MILAN/LONDON/SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum (APC.N) is considering selling its multi-billion dollar stake in Mozambique's giant gas reserves, with Exxon Mobil (XOM.N) and Qatar Petroleum [QATPE.UL] both showing interest, banking and industry sources said. Exxon is seen as the front runner, and it would be its …
- U.S. oil drilling faces slow recovery, no new highs - Schlumberger Reuters - 23 hours ago
An eventual recovery in U.S. oil drilling activity after the biggest slump in three decades may never reach last year’s frenzied pace, according to the world’s largest oilfield services company. The drilling recovery will likely to be slower to emerge due to a growing reserve of wells that have been drilled but not yet …
- Explosion near S.Africa refinery injures three -source Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
An explosion near South Africa's SAPREF oil refinery in Durban injured three people on Friday evening, but has been brought under control, according to an official at the plant. The official said the explosion ...
- Latam Crude Tenders Summary-Petroperu tenders to buy Latin American or West African crude Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
Peru's state-run oil company, Petroperu, will accept bids until April 21 to buy 380,000 barrels of Latin American or West African crude. For spot crude tender news stories please click.... CRU-O/TEND-O ...
- Whiting Petroleum Corporation Senior Vice President, Exploration and Development Mark R. Williams to Present at IPAA Oil and Gas Investment Symposium Business Wire - 23 hours ago
Whiting Petroleum Corporation today announced that Mark R. Williams, Whiting’s Senior Vice President, Exploration and Development, will present at the IPAA Oil and Gas Investment Symposium at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel in New York City.
- Colorado man receives 100-year prison term for murder of teacher in Northern Plains oil patch Associated Press - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 21:36 BST
Colorado man receives 100-year prison term for murder of teacher in Northern Plains oil patch.
- Oil price soars in mixed week for commodities AFP - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 21:17 BST
- Oil falls from 2015 peaks, Brent jumps 9.6 percent on the week Reuters - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 21:12 BST
Crude futures fell from 2015 peaks in choppy trading on Friday, but Brent's 9.6 percent weekly gain was its biggest in more than five years as Middle East turmoil and signs of lower U.S. production lifted prices. Brent June crude fell 53 cents to settle at $63.45 a barrel, having swung from $62.95 to $64.50 after hitting …
- Brazil's Petrobras to release delayed earnings amid scandal AFP - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:55 BST
- Fitch Affirms OGE and Oklahoma Gas & Electric; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:55 BST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the long-term Issuer Default Rating of OGE Energy Corp. at 'A-' and the long-term IDR of Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company at 'A'.
- Sentencing underway in killing of teacher in oil boom town Associated Press - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:22 BST
- 5 Charts From the Week in Markets The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:12 BST
Uncharted territory looms in European bond markets, as oil investors cheer signs of a peak in U.S. ouput and Wall Street's profit engines roar back.
- Gold pares gains after U.S. inflation data Reuters - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:01 BST
NEW YORK/LONDON (Reuters) - Gold pared gains on Friday, heading for a second weekly drop, after data showing U.S. consumer prices rose in March tempered speculation the Federal Reserve will delay its first interest rate rise in nearly a decade. The metal held above the $1,200 an ounce level, however, which it broke above …
- Transportation officials issue oil train safety measures Associated Press - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 20:00 BST
- Protesters meet Arctic drill rig in Washington harbor Associated Press - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 19:52 BST
- Peoples Gas Reminds Homeowners to Call 811 Before Digging Business Wire - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 19:24 BST
With warmer days and longer evenings, it’s prime time for planting and other outdoor projects – and it’s a perfect time to remind homeowners to always call 811 before digging.
- Baltics urge Poland to speed up region's gas link to EU AFP - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 19:18 BST
- Argentina launches lawsuit against Falklands oil drillers Reuters - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 18:55 BST
Argentina announced on Friday it had started legal proceedings in one of its own courts against five companies, including three British, who are drilling for oil and gas off the Falkland Islands, a move Britain denounced as bullying. Britain defeated Argentina in a 1982 war over the South Atlantic islands and administers …