- Jury: Cable company largely responsible in fatal blast Associated Press - 14 minutes ago
A jury says Time Warner Cable is largely responsible for a fatal natural gas explosion that leveled an upscale Kansas City restaurant. Jurors returned the verdict Thursday in lawsuit stemming from the ...
- US oil jumps more than 10% to $42.56 a barrel AFP - 22 minutes ago
- Oil soars to biggest one-day gain since 2008, lifted by stock markets, US economic growth Associated Press - 35 minutes ago
Oil soars to biggest one-day gain since 2008, lifted by stock markets, US economic growth.
- Oil soars over 10 percent as deep shorts scramble for cover Reuters - 51 minutes ago
- Shell Nigeria declares force majeure on Bonny Light crude exports Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
LONDON/BANGALORE, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) 's Nigerian unit, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), declared force majeure on Bonny Light crude oil exports on Thursday after shutting down two key pipelines in the country due to a leak and theft. The Trans Niger Pipeline and the Nembe Creek Trunkline …
- Cost cuts to hit mining jobs, state revenues in Congo- chamber Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Expected cost-cutting by mining companies in Democratic Republic of Congo is likely to lead to layoffs and reduce government revenues amid a sharp decline in metals prices, the chamber of mines said. Congo is Africa's leading copper producer, with output exceeding 1 million tonnes in 2014 for the first time ever. The …
- Crude oil is exploding higher Business Insider - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Oil is ripping. On Thursday, West Texas Intermediate crude oil was a big winner rising...
- Stocks soar after U.S. data, Fed official cools on rate hike Reuters - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Stock markets around the world rallied on Thursday and crude oil rebounded sharply after strong U.S. economic data and hints from a U.S. Federal Reserve policymaker that a September interest rate hike was unlikely. All three major U.S. indexes rose more than 2 percent in afternoon trade, putting them higher for the week, …
- World stocks soar after U.S. data, Fed official cools on rate hike Reuters - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
World stock markets around the world rallied on Thursday and crude oil rebounded sharply after strong U.S. economic data and hints from a U.S. Federal Reserve policymaker that a September interest rate hike was unlikely. All three major U.S. indexes rose more than 2 percent in afternoon trade, putting them higher for the …
- Cost-cutting to hit mining jobs,state revenues in Congo- chamber Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Expected cost-cutting measures by mining companies in Democratic Republic of Congo are likely to lead to layoffs and reduce government revenues amid a sharp decline in metals prices, the country's chamber ...
- Commodities: Oil rallies, metals recover on US GDP uptick Sharecast - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Base metal and oil futures recovered on Thursday following improved US data and China's move to stimulate its economy.
- Oil soars over 8 pct as deep shorts scramble for cover Reuters - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
The rally was aided by news of a force majeure on Nigerian oil exports declared by Shell and private data indicating more drawdowns in crude this week at Cushing, Oklahoma, traders said. More than reversing the past week's losses, front month Brent crude for October rose $3.32 to $46.46 a barrel, a 7.7 percent gain, by …
- Settlement reached in lawsuit over decade-old Gulf oil leak Associated Press - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Environmental groups and a New Orleans energy company have reached a settlement agreement in a lawsuit stemming from the company's failed efforts to stop a decade-old, slow-motion oil spill in the Gulf ...
- Energy company announces settlement in lawsuit over decade-old oil leak in Gulf of Mexico Associated Press - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
Energy company announces settlement in lawsuit over decade-old oil leak in Gulf of Mexico.
- French oil company Total sells $900m of North Sea assets Telegraph - 3 hours ago
Private equity buys North Sea assets but region is still under pressure from falling prices
- BUZZ-Oil and gas producers, services providers: Oil prices rise 7 pct Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
** U.S.-listed shares of oil and gas producers and services providers rise on Thursday after oil prices rise as much as 7.6 pct, helped by a rally in equity markets and an unexpected fall in U.S. crude ...
- Rosneft, Trafigura to throw joint party in Singapore Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Rosneft and Trafigura will hold a joint party on the sidelines of the oil week in Singapore next month in a sign of growing ties between the Kremlin-owned energy champion and the Swiss trading house. Rosneft declined to comment. Trafigura confirmed it was holding a joint party with Rosneft without elaborating.
- Oil services firms beat expectations, tough times loom Reuters - 4 hours ago
LONDON/BANGALORE (Reuters) - Oil and gas service companies have fared better than expected in the first half of the year despite a weak market, thanks to deep-pocketed Middle Eastern customers and stringent cost cuts. Norway's Seadrill (SDRL.OL), which expects to make $500 million of cash savings this year, and Britain's …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 4 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers Stoxx® Europe 600 Oil & Gas UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 26-Aug-15 NAV PER SHARE ¦ EUR55.8687 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 910,930 CODE ¦ View source version ...
- Shell declares force majeure on Nigerian Bonny oil exports Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell's Nigeria operation has declared force majeure on its Bonny Light crude oil exports after shutting down two key pipelines due to a leak and oil theft, the company said on Thursday. Shell ...
- AGL Shareholder Notice: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces the Investigation of AGL Resources Inc. (GAS) Over the Proposed Sale of the Company to Southern Company Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, is investigating the Board of Directors of AGL Resources Inc. for potential breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of the Company to Southern Company for approximately $12 billion in a cash transaction.
- Commodities strike six-year lows, set to enter new cycle AFP - 5 hours ago
- Fitch: North American Methanol Prices Set to Recover Long Term Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Methanol prices should recover in the long term, but the recent declines in oil and oil-linked commodities, as well as overall global economic headwinds, are likely to continue to pressure methanol prices for now, according to Fitch Ratings.
- Iran to offer South Pars oil project at London conference Reuters - 5 hours ago
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran will offer a project to extract oil from its South Pars gas field, the world's largest, along with three other gas fields at a conference in London later this year, an Iranian official ...
- ECB faces inflation headache even as lending bounces Reuters - 6 hours ago
Lending to euro zone firms grew at the fastest pace since early 2012 last month but the European Central Bank may still come under pressure to ramp up its stimulus measures as falling oil prices and a slowdown in China curb inflation. Lending in the euro zone has been improving since late 2014, helped by the ECB's asset-buying …
- Petropavlovsk swings to loss on poor gold prices Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Russian gold producer Petropavlovsk swung to a first half loss but predicted higher second half production.
- Gold arrests three-day slide as talk of imminent Fed hike fades Reuters - 6 hours ago
Gold steadied on Thursday after its biggest one-day drop in five weeks, supported by speculation that a U.S. rate hike may take longer than expected but still under pressure from a rebound in stock markets and a firmer dollar. Spot gold was at $1,125.35 an ounce at 1212 GMT, little changed from $1,125.15 late on Wednesday, …
- Total sells North Sea gas assets worth over $900 million AFP - 6 hours ago
- MURPHY OIL CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT UPCOMING ENERGY CONFERENCE GlobeNewswire - 6 hours ago
EL DORADO, Arkansas, August 27, 2015 - Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR) announced today that Roger Jenkins, President and CEO, will present at the Barclay`s CEO Energy-Power Conference on Thursday, September ...
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks fly after Fed official cools Sept rate hike talk Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
Stocks surged on Thursday, following the biggest gains on Wall Street in four years, after a U.S. Federal Reserve policymaker said the case for an interest rate increase next month "seems less compelling" than it was a few weeks ago. Increased appetite for risk also lifted crude oil prices further from last week's lows. …
- Seagate Seven Honored With Gold by the Industrial Design Society of America’s 2015 International Design Excellence Award Business Wire - 7 hours ago
Seagate Technology plc , a world leader in storage solutions, today announced that the popular Seagate Seven™ portable external hard drive is the recipient of the Gold International Design Excellence Award for the computer equipment category, which is one of the world’s most prestigious design competitions.
- Iron Mountain Declares Quarterly Dividend Business Wire - 7 hours ago
The Board of Directors of Iron Mountain Incorporated , the storage and information management company, declared a cash dividend of $0.475 per share on the common stock of the company, payable on September 30, 2015 to shareholders of record at the close of business on September 11, 2015.
- Study By New Coalition Shows Clear, Compelling and Immediate Economic Consequences from Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure in New England Business Wire - 8 hours ago
New England is facing significant economic consequences if electricity and natural gas infrastructure is not built over the next five years, according to a study commissioned by the New England Coalition for Affordable Energy.
- China energy giants' H1 profits fall on low oil prices AFP - 8 hours ago
- Malaysia says cooperating with Indonesia in palm oil industry Reuters - 8 hours ago
Malaysia said it agreed with Indonesia to improve cooperation in the palm oil industry given the grim global economic environment that has stoked worries about demand and pushed down prices. Benchmark Malaysian palm prices slumped to a 6-1/2 year low of 1,863 ringgit ($441.68) a tonne this week amid a drop in financial …