- S&P 500 ascends 2 percent in two days Reuters - 16 minutes ago
Combining Tuesday and Wednesday's performances, the S&P 500 gained 2 percent, its strongest two-day run since early March. The energy sector (.SPNY) led the way in the latest session, up 1.51 percent as oil prices rose toward $50 a barrel. The S&P financial index (.SPSY) rose 1.03 percent and ended the session at its …
- Investigators: Homeowner shoots worker, self; both die Associated Press - 21 minutes ago
LONDONDERRY, N.H. (AP) — A man who fatally shot a heating oil company employee who went to his house to do work and then shot and wounded himself has died of his injuries, authorities said.
- US STOCKS-S&P 500 ascends 2 percent in two days Reuters - UK Focus - 27 minutes ago
Wall Street rose robustly for a second straight session on Wednesday, helped by higher oil prices and investors becoming more comfortable with the prospect of an interest rate hike as early as next month. Combining Tuesday and Wednesday's performances, the S&P 500 gained 2 percent, its strongest two-day run since early …
- UAE Gas Sensors Market - Growing Incorporation of Gas Sensors in Automobiles - Research and Markets Business Wire - 30 minutes ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "UAE Gas Sensors Market - Growth, Trends & Forecasts " report to their offering.
- A Look at Concho Resources’ Year-over-Year Stock Performance Market Realist - 34 minutes ago
Concho Resources' stock was very volatile in 2015. However, due to the recent rally in crude oil prices, Concho's stock has been on an uptrend in 2016.
- Gold Resource Corporation Declares May Monthly Dividend Marketwired - 37 minutes ago
Gold Resource Corporation declares its monthly instituted dividend of 1/6 of a cent per common share for May 2016 payable on June 23, 2016 to shareholders of record as of June 13, 2016. Gold Resource Corporation ...
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Energy leads as Wall Street extends rally Reuters - UK Focus - 47 minutes ago
Wall Street rose robustly for a second straight session on Wednesday, helped by higher oil prices and investors becoming more comfortable with the prospect of an interest rate hike as early as next month. ...
- ExxonMobil, Chevron investors defeat climate resolutions AFP - 48 minutes ago
- The Latest: Man accused of killing heating oil worker dies Associated Press - 51 minutes ago
The Latest on the fatal shooting of an heating oil company worker in New Hampshire (all times local): 3:45 p.m. Authorities say a man who killed a heating oil company worker during a service call at his ...
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. Announces Closing of $4.4 Million Non-Brokered Private Placement Marketwired - 52 minutes ago
Almaden Minerals Ltd. is pleased to announce that it has closed a non-brokered private placement involving the issuance of 3,229,082 units at $1.35 per Unit. Each Unit consists of one...
- Global Iron Oxide Pigments Market Worth USD 2.30 Billion by 2021 - Analysis, Technologies & Forecasts Report 2016-2021 - Key Vendors: Applied Minerals, BASF, Tronox - Research and Markets Business Wire - 55 minutes ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Iron Oxide Pigments Market by Color, End User, Type & by Region - Global Forecasts to 2021" report to their offering.
- Copper Gains on Tuesday, Gold and Silver Prices Fall Market Realist - 59 minutes ago
Due to better-than-expected US homes sales data released in the morning, copper surged higher on Tuesday.
- Bunker Fuel Prices Inch Up Higher and Higher Market Realist - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Bunker fuel prices, the biggest cost to run a ship, are correlated with crude oil prices. For the week ended May 20, the average bunker fuel price was $275–$282 per ton.
- Crude Oil Recovers and Inches up Higher on Tuesday Market Realist - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
After trading weaker in the early morning hours on Tuesday, crude oil recovered and inched up higher.
- Centerra Gold Provides Update on Kyrgyz Republic Environmental Claims Marketwired - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- US STOCKS-Wall Street ascends for a second day Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Wall Street rose robustly for a second straight session on Wednesday, helped by higher oil prices and investors becoming more comfortable with the prospect of an interest rate hike as early as next month. The energy sector led the way, up 1.4 percent as oil prices rose toward $50 a barrel following a report of a larger-than-expected …
- Exxon shareholders pass measure that may put climate expert on board Reuters - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
DALLAS/SAN RAMON, Calif. (Reuters) - Voters at Exxon Mobil Corp's (XOM.N) annual meeting on Wednesday approved a measure to let minority shareholders nominate outsiders for seats on the board, meaning a climate activist could eventually become a director at the world's largest publicly traded oil company. The so-called …
- Climate change proposals for Exxon, Chevron shareholders Reuters - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
The stakes are highest at Exxon, which has come under intense scrutiny from environmentalists and some investors this past year over the way it handled climate change data. Despite public sentiment pressuring big oil companies on environmental issues, climate change-related proposals once again failed to pass muster with …
- Why Texas and Florida Could Add the Majority of Gas Capacities through 2018 Market Realist - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
According to the EIA, 18.7 gigawatts of new natural gas capacity will come into service in the next three years in the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, and Texas.
- Energy companies lead the way as US stocks keep rising Associated Press - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
- Oil ends session up; misses $50-target amid profit-taking Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
Oil prices rose about 2 percent on Wednesday after the U.S. government reported a larger-than-expected drop in crude inventories, but profit-taking after the data kept prices below the $50 a barrel level that oil bulls had been hoping for. The U.S. Energy Information Administration said crude inventories fell 4.2 million …
- May Meltdown: Can Copper Fall to Its January Lows? Market Realist - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
Copper prices resumed their downside in May after remaining relatively strong in April. So far in May, the LME three-month copper contract has fallen 8.5%.
- Four Things You May Have Missed in the Bank of Canada’s Statement Bloomberg - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
- Alibaba, Deutsche Bank and oil: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ON WALL STREET Business Insider - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Finance Insider is Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. To sign...
- Oil climbs on inventory data, boosts global stocks Reuters - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Oil prices and energy shares rose on Wednesday after a sharper-than-expected fall in crude inventories, lifting world stock markets. Growing bets on a possible Federal Reserve rate increase as early as in June or July reduced demand for U.S. government debt while pushing the U.S. dollar up against the yen for a second …
- Wells Fargo Reduces 66% of Credit Lines to Oil and Gas Players Oilprice.com - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
- French union 'going for broke' with blockades: analysts AFP - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
- New Whole Foods chain 365 faces tough mission Reuters - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
Whole Foods Market Inc's (WFM.O) 365 grocery chain offers lower prices and more technology than the company's namesake supermarkets, but experts say the fledgling brand must beat its many rivals without hijacking customers from its parent. 365, which debuted on Wednesday with a bright and airy store in Los Angeles' Silver …
- Miners Follow Precious Metals and Trend Lower Market Realist - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Since the beginning of 2016, precious metal mining shares have followed precious metal prices. Miners shed their 2015 losses and realized substantial gains during the gold and silver rally.
- The Gold-Silver Ratio Recovers from Its Low Levels Market Realist - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
The gold and silver markets became relatively volatile as 2016 began. Although the year has been favorable for precious metals, silver has outperformed the other three metals.
- What Key Macroeconomic Events Could Impact Gold? Market Realist - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
The macroeconomic events that have been affecting gold include factors like a potential interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve and a potential Brexit.
- Slowly and Steadily, Gold Continues Its Move Southward Market Realist - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
Gold futures for June expiration slipped yet another day on May 23, 2016—the fifth straight day of decline for the precious metal. Gold closed 0.11% lower and ended the day at $1,251.50 per ounce.
- Shell to cut 2,200 more jobs in face of weak oil prices Reuters - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
Royal Dutch Shell will cut a further 2,200 jobs, taking its target for layoffs to 12,500 by the end of the year, the Anglo-Dutch oil firm said on Wednesday, as it cuts deeper in the face of weak oil prices. Shell let go 7,500 staff and direct contractors last year and previously said 2,800 jobs would be cut with the integration …
- Does The U.S. Have A Plan For The Post-Oil Era? Oilprice.com - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest producer of crude oil, recently announced a plan for its post-oil future, yet post-oil era preparation remains lackluster in the U.S.
- Oil climbs on inventory data, boosts stocks Reuters - 2 hours 57 minutes ago