- Thursday preview: Diageo releases third quarter interims Sharecast - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
UK beverages giant Diageo is expected to report revenue growth in its third quarter interims on Thursday.
- BHP Billiton's bullish outlook hints at shareholder payouts Telegraph - 3 hours ago
Mining giant raises production outlook and signals confidence in industrial commodities
- Is There Still Time To Buy Rio Tinto plc? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Can Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) move higher, or are the company's shares overvalued?
- EU mergers and takeovers (April 16) Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS None NEW LISTINGS None EXTENSIONS AND OTHER CHANGES None FIRST-STAGE ...
- The Two Most Undervalued Companies In The FTSE 100: Petrofac Limited And BHP Billiton plc Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Despite the market's recent rally, both Petrofac Limited (LON: PFC) and BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) still look attractive.
- Wednesday broker round-up Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Alexander Mining: Northland lowers target price from 8.1p to 6.1 and maintains a buy recommendation.
- London open: Stocks bounce off three-week low as Tesco gains Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Tesco, Hargreaves, Burberry and Persimmon rise after updates; Momentum shares bounce back after recent falls; Chinese data mixed, growth slows; Global economic data in focus today.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as China economic growth beats forecasts Sharecast - 7 hours ago
China grows more than expected; Eurozone inflation data due; UK jobs data to be released
- China's plan for iron ore giants hard to make the grade Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
* China plans 6-8 big iron ore miners to rely less on imports SHANGHAI, April 16 (Reuters) - China's bid to slash its dependence on foreign iron ore miners by creating its own mega producers risks running aground before it starts due to high costs and poor quality of ore. For two decades, China has been trying to reduce …
- BHP boosts iron ore output and lifts production guidance AFP - 7 hours ago
- European shares bounce back as Chinese data reassure Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
European shares rose early on Wednesday, reversing the previous session's losses as data showed economic growth in China a touch above forecasts, while gains in Tesco also lifted markets. Shares in the ...
- Global shares up on China relief, Ukraine strains remain Reuters - 8 hours ago
Share markets made broad gains on Wednesday after China reported economic growth a touch above forecasts, a relief for investors who had feared a much weaker outcome. China's economy grew 7.4 percent in the first quarter, from a year earlier, pipping forecasts of 7.3 percent. The relief rippled through Asian markets, …
- BHP Billiton raises full-year iron ore production guidance - Alert Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Australian miner BHP Billiton has raised its full-year production guidance for iron ore by another five million tonnes to 217m.
- BHP and Australian rivals raise iron ore targets as competition grows Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
* BHP lifts full-year iron ore guidance by 5 million tonnes * March quarter iron ore output up 1 pct vs Dec quarter (Adds price forecasts, Fortescue CEO quotes, link to tables) SYDNEY, April 16 (Reuters) - Australian miners are racing ahead with plans to expand iron ore production to capture more of the Chinese market …
- BHP Billiton lifts annual iron ore production guidance Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
* BHP lifts full-year iron ore guidance by 5 million tonnes * March quarter iron ore output up 1 pct vs Dec quarter (Adds detail on iron ore, copper, oil, copper, quote) SYDNEY, April 16 (Reuters) - BHP Billiton (NYSE: BBL - news) is lifting its iron ore production this year to capture more of the Chinese market for …
- BHP lifts annual iron ore guidance to 217 million tonnes Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
The world's biggest mining company, BHP Billiton , on Wednesday lifted full-year iron ore production guidance by 5 million tonnes to 217 million as it pushes ahead with expansion work in Australia. Output ...
- FOREX-Dollar pares gains against euro on rising Ukraine tensions Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
* Russia says Ukraine on brink of civil war NEW YORK (Frankfurt: HX6.F - news) , April 15 (Reuters) - The dollar pared gains against the euro on Tuesday after rising tensions in Ukraine sent U.S. bond yields lower and capped demand for the U.S. currency. Russia declared Ukraine on the brink of civil war on Tuesday as …
- Market report: Miners hit by gold sell-off Telegraph - 21 hours ago
Gold and silver fell sharply and pulled precious metals miners lower
- Eight 'anchor' investors to back Euronext listing -sources Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
* Group includes BNP (Paris: FR0000131104 - news) , SocGen (Paris: FR0000130809 - news) , Caisse des Depots, ING, ABN Amro, Banco Espirito Santo * Euroclear expected to join consortium - source (Adds comments by Euroclear, Belfius, analyst, no comment from ING) LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - A consortium of eight 'anchor' …
- London close: FTSE down as Russian units spotted in Ukraine Sharecast - 23 hours ago
FTSE closes down 42.15 points at 6,541.61; Ukraine says Russian forces have entered the country; UK inflation falls to 1.6 per cent in March; German investor confidence falls for 4th month
- US Airways Apologises Over Pornographic Tweet Sky News - 23 hours ago
US Airways has been forced to issue an apology after accidentially tweeting an obscene image in response to a customer complaint. It remained on the airline's Twitter (NYSE: TWTR - news) feed for around an hour before it was removed, allowing enough time for the image to go viral. In a statement the airline said an investigation …
- Europe shares sag as Ukraine woes, mixed updates weigh Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
European stocks sank on Tuesday, resuming last week's sell-off as worries over escalating tension in Ukraine and weak updates by bellwethers including Nestle spooked investors. Renewed concerns over the ...
- Alexander Mining announces changes to agreement with Ebullio Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Alexander Mining was on Tuesday informed by the Ebullio Group that it has cancelled its agreement to acquire all of the assets in Turkey of Red Crescent Resources.
- Pace CEO trades in 50,000 shares Sharecast - 23 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Weak miners hold back FTSE; Ukraine, earnings jitters persist Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 16:57 BST
Britain's top shares sank to their lowest close in three weeks on Tuesday, hit by mining companies on concern about demand, while the deteriorating situation in Ukraine and doubts about corporate earnings ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Debenhams rises after maintaining divi Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 16:15 BST
High Street department store Debenhams rose after maintaining its interim dividend at 1p per share despite profits falling by a quarter in the first half. The profit decline, however, was in line with ...
- Weak miners dent FTSE as Ukraine, earnings jitters persist Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 16:02 BST
Britain's top shares fell on Tuesday, weighed down by miners on fears over slowing demand in China, while the deteriorating situation in Ukraine and concerns about corporate earnings knocked sentiment ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (April 15) Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 14:00 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- Deutsche Telekom to acquire control of GTS Central Europe from ...
- Why BHP Billiton plc Has Vast Potential Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 13:47 BST
Although shares in BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) haven't stormed ahead over the last year, they still have potential. Here's why.
- Kazakhmys agrees to buy Koksay copper deposit in Kazakhstan Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 13:00 BST
Kazakh copper miner Kazakhmys said on Tuesday it had agreed to buy the Koksay copper deposit in southeast Kazakhstan from CCC Mining Construction B.V., for $260 million in cash. The deposit has an estimated ...
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:40 BST
APR Energy: Goldman Sachs reduces target price from 1165p to 1039p, while upgrading to buy.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Ukraine, weak updates hit shares; bonds rise Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:25 BST
Crisis in Ukraine, weak trading updates from European companies and worries over China's economy turned investors sour on riskier assets on Tuesday, driving shares lower and bond prices higher. German ...
- London open: Stocks fall after China data and mixed corporate news Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:40 BST
Chinese new credit falls in March, money supply slows down; Corporate earnings/updates receive mixed reaction; Economic data in focus later on.
- UK GAS-Prices fall on warm weather Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 10:06 BST
British natural gas prices fell on Tuesday morning as warm weather reduced demand for heating. Gas for delivery on Wednesday was down 0.55 pence at 52.65 pence per therm by 0823 GMT. Demand was forecast ...
- Weaker miners, retailers drag Britain's FTSE index lower Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 09:46 BST
* FTSE 100 index falls 0.3 percent * SABMiller (LSE: SAB.L - news) shares fall after sales data LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - Britain's top share index edged down in cautious trading on Tuesday, led down by miners on concerns about rising supply and slowing demand for metals, with poor retail sales data also weighing on …