- Sun Life Offloaded As Part Of £375m Axa Deal Sky News - 10 minutes ago
Life insurer Sun Life is to be sold by French owner Axa (Paris: FR0000120628 - news) as part of a £375m deal with the UK's Phoenix Group. The Bristol-based business, which has more than 850,000 policies for over-50s in force, is being snapped by Phoenix along with UK pensions and investment operator Embassy. Phoenix …
- London open: Stocks rise as UK consumer confidence improves Sharecast - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged slightly higher on Friday after a report showed an improvement in UK consumer confidence and as investors awaited data on US economic growth.
- COLUMN-After a lull in hostilities, iron ore survival battle is set to resume: Andy Home Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Now (NYSE: DNOW - news) that the speculative bubble is over, what next for iron ore? Trading volumes in overheating contracts such as iron ore on the Dalian Exchange and steel on the Shanghai Futures Exchange have collapsed. The price of spot iron ore <.IO62-CNI=SI> is now back at $49.90 per tonne, compared with an April …
- 3 ‘hidden’ growth shares with juicy dividends! Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Bilaal Mohamed reveals 3 exciting stocks with tremendous growth potential AND chunky dividends!
- Asia stocks remain cautious ahead of Yellen speech AFP - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
- Anglo American's De Beers picks insider Cleaver as CEO Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
BENGALURU/BRUSSELS, May 27 (Reuters) - Anglo American Plc's De Beers named insider Bruce Cleaver as chief executive of the diamond group, which the global mining company is counting on to help revive its fortunes. Cleaver takes on the new role at a difficult time for De Beers as Diamond sales stagnated in 2015, hit by …
- BUZZ-Phoenix: Buys some of Axa's UK units Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
** Life insurer Phoenix Group's shares up 2.1 pct, top FTSE mid-250 index gainer, after saying it will buy Axa's UK investment, pensions and direct protection businesses ** Co, Britain's largest owner ...
- Phoenix Group to buy AXA wealth assets Sharecast - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Phoenix Group Holdings has agreed with AXA UK to buy AXA Wealth's pensions and protection businesses, which is the wealth management arm of the French insurer.
- Phoenix buys French insurer Axa's UK pensions, protections business Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
Phoenix Group Holdings (LSE: PHNX.L - news) , Britain's largest owner of life assurance funds closed to new customers, said it would buy French insurer Axa's UK investment and pensions business and its direct protection business. Phoenix said on Friday it would be pay 375 million pounds ($549 million) in cash to close …
- Axa continues UK sell-off with Phoenix deal Telegraph - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Axa continues UK sell-off with Phoenix deal
- Will Premier Oil plc, Randgold Resources Limited and Petrofac Limited help you retire early? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Could these three stocks prove to be stunning long term buys? Premier Oil plc (LON: PMO), Randgold Resources Limited (LON: RRS) and Petrofac Limited (LON: PFC).
- Canada could order new fighter jets by 2020 -defense dept Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Canada, which has repeatedly put off a decision on replacing its ageing CF-18 fighter jets, could be in a position to order a fleet of new planes by 2020, the defense department said on Thursday. In a guide to defense firms posted online, the Department of National Defence said it hoped to award the contract between 2018 …
- US STOCKS-Wall Street hits 'pause' after two-day surge Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Wall Street treaded water on Thursday following two days of strong gains as advancing utilities offset declines in materials, banks and other cyclical industries. Investors this week have grown more comfortable ...
- US STOCKS-Wall Street pauses after two-day run higher Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Wall Street treaded water on Thursday following two days of strong gains as advancing defensive sectors offset declines in materials, banks and other cyclical industries. Investors this week have grown ...
- London close: Stocks take a breather ahead of Fed speakers Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London´s top-flight index barely managed to close in the green, following the release of somewhat mixed economic data Stateside and ahead of speeches from two key Fed speakers, one later ...
- FTSE steadies at close after climbing to one-month high Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
Britain's top share index steadied at the close on Thursday after reaching a one-month high, as mining shares rallied along with metals prices to offset weaker banking and energy stocks. Mining companies ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Ibstock retreats as Pets at Home accelerates Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 slipped further into the red late as Thursday wore on, despite having peeped its head above water around midday.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Great Portland States: Jefferies downgrades to underperform with a 650p target.
- Bid deadline for Anglo's coking coal mines set at June 6 -sources Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
LONDON/SYDNEY, May 26 (Reuters) - Final bids for Anglo American's metallurgical coal mines in Australia, valued at up to $1.5 billion, must be submitted by June 6, three sources close to the matter said on Thursday. Anglo American (LSE: AAL.L - news) , like its peers, is selling off prized assets after a prolonged commodities …
- London midday: Stocks higher amid conflicting headlines out of G7 Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Britain's top flight index was still in positive territory come midday, despite the conflicting headlines on Japan's intentions regarding a possible postponement of tax hikes and the ...
- Are Tesco plc, BP plc and BHP Billiton plc the craziest stock selections out there? Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
Royston Wild explains why investors should give FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) plays Tesco plc (LON: TSCO), BP plc (LON: BP) and BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) an extremely wide berth!
- EU referendum: protect your portfolio with Royal Dutch Shell plc, BHP Billiton plc & Standard Chartered plc Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Are shares in Royal Dutch Shell plc (LON:RDSB), BHP Billiton plc (LON:BLT) and Standard Chartered plc (LON:STAN) potential winners of Brexit because of their foreign currency denominated incomes?
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners advance, but M&S still under the cosh Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was flat at 6,261.41 in afternoon trading.
- How Pennon Group plc (3.91%) could soon yield more than GlaxoSmithKline plc (5.50%) and Rio Tinto plc (7.40%). Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN) is the income machine that GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) were supposed to be, says Harvey Jones.
- Which will double the quickest, Aviva plc, ARM Holdings plc or Anglo American plc? Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Can Aviva plc (LON: AV), ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM) and Anglo American plc (LON: AAL) double your money for you?
- Powerflute sees more challenging trading in H2 Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Powerflute OYJ continues to perform well in the first four months of 2016, with trading results broadly in line on the year, but expects the second half to be more challenging.
- Global markets rise on optimism over oil, Greece AFP - 20 hours ago
- Will Anglo American plc, Fresnillo plc & Lonmin plc rise or fall after an explosive start to 2016? Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
Are Anglo American plc (LON:AAL), Fresnillo plc (LON:FRES) and Lonmin plc (LON:LMI) still cheap enough to buy, or should investors take profits?
- Which will double the quickest, Lloyds Banking Group plc, Marks & Spencer Group plc or Sirius Minerals plc? Fool.co.uk - 21 hours ago
Can Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY), Marks & Spencer Group plc (LON: MKS) and Sirius Minerals plc (LON: SXX) double your money?
- Should you buy Marshall Motor Holdings plc, Bonmarche Holdings plc and Lonmin plc after today’s major share price moves? Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Are these three stocks worth adding to your portfolio? Marshall Motor Holdings plc (LON: MMH), Bonmarche Holdings plc (LON: BON) and Lonmin plc (LON: LMI).
- Britain's FTSE hits one-month high as commodity stocks rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 26, 2016 10:08 BST
Shares in UK mining and oil & gas companies rallied on Thursday, tracking gains in commodities prices, although companies going "ex-div" weighed on the wider market. The UK FTSE 100 index had ...
- Thursday preview: Tate & Lyle reports finals Sharecast - Wed, May 25, 2016 18:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - Tate & Lyle is expected on Thursday to report a decline in full year profits on foreign exchange headwinds as the food ingredients company undergoes a restructuring.
- London close: Stocks gain on oil price rally, Greek bailout deal Sharecast - Wed, May 25, 2016 18:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks rallied on Wednesday as oil prices rose and Greece's creditors agreed to unlock further bailout funds.
- HSBC To Appoint New Boardroom Pay Chief Sky News - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:53 BST
HSBC is to seek a new chair for its boardroom pay committee as the incumbent prepares to step down after nearly a decade as a director. Sky News has learnt that Sam Laidlaw, the former boss of Centrica (LSE: CNA.L - news) , is likely to leave the board of HSBC Holdings (HKSE: 0005.HK - news) during the course of 2017, …
- Can Fresnillo plc, Randgold Resources limited and Admiral Group plc keep on flying? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 25, 2016 16:04 BST
Fresnillo plc (LON: FRES), Randgold Resources limited (LON: RRS) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) are soaring, but can they keep going?