- Takeover sows the seeds for anxieties about food security Telegraph - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
The world’s largest maker of agri-chemicals is now owned by a Chinese state company, writes Andrew Cave
- Airbus in talks to delay some A320neo deliveries - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 18:32 GMT
Airbus is renegotiating delivery schedules for its revamped A320neo jet and has told some airlines it will be delayed by about two months, industry sources said. The European planemaker missed a 2015 target for delivering the first aircraft, an upgraded fuel-saving version of its best-selling medium-haul jet, by a few …
- Finmeccanica says Eurofighter Kuwait contract still in place Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 18:18 GMT
A multi-billion-euro contract that Italian defence group Finmeccanica (Other OTC: FINMF - news) was expected to sign last month with Kuwait for the sale of 28 Eurofighter jets has not been cancelled, a company spokesman said on Friday. Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in Finmeccanica closed down 6 percent with traders …
- London open: FTSE flat ahead of non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 09:25 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 opened flat on Friday as investors erred on the side of caution ahead of the US non-farm payrolls report.
- London close: Stocks gain as BoE votes to hold interest rates steady Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 17:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK equities rallied on Thursday as the Bank of England unanimously agreed to keep interest rates unchanged as it cut economic growth forecasts.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Coca-Cola HBC: Barclays downgrades to underweight with a target of 1325p.
- FTSE 100 movers: Anglo surges as miners rise Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 had turned things around on Thursday, with the blue chip market in the green by mid-afternoon for the first time this week, up 33.66 points (0.58%) to 5,870.80.
- Johnson Matthey says return on capital target tough to meet Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 15:48 GMT
Johnson Matthey (LSE: JMAT.L - news) , the world's biggest auto catalyst maker, said on Thursday its 20 percent return on capital target remains, but it will be difficult to achieve in the near term due to market conditions. "A 20 percent return on capital will be difficult to achieve in the next couple of years," Johnson …
- BUZZ-Johnson Matthey: dented by PT cut from top-flight analyst Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 09:36 GMT
** Johnson Matthey down <1 pct & underperforming a positive FTSE 100 despite platinum climbing to highest in 1 mth ** Exane BNP Paribas - rated at five stars for recommendation accuracy on JMAT, according ...
- FTSE 100 jumps as weak dollar lifts commodities Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 07:29 GMT
Market Report: Miners enjoy best day in seven years
- London midday: Stocks rise as BoE votes unanimously to keep rates unchanged Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 00:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose on Thursday as the Bank of England unanimously agreed to keep interest rates unchanged.
- Thursday preview: BoE delivers policy decision, minutes and Inflation Report Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 13:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Bank of England is widely expected to keep interest rates unchanged on Thursday when the central bank announces its latest policy decision.
- London open: Stocks drop following declines in Asia, US Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 09:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks dropped on Wednesday following declines in Asian and US markets.
- Johnson Matthey Q3 sales dip, sees limited growth opportunities Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 08:23 GMT
Johnson Matthey (LSE: JMAT.L - news) , the world's biggest auto catalyst maker, reported a slight drop in third-quarter sales on Wednesday and said tough market conditions will limit its short-term growth opportunities. Johnson Matthey, which also refines and recycles platinum group metals, said group sales for the quarter …
- Financial stocks drag FTSE 100 sharply lower Telegraph - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 07:34 GMT
Market Report: Standard Chartered slumps to 18-year low
- Johnson Matthey Q3 sales down slightly Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 07:33 GMT
Johnson Matthey reported a slight drop in third-quarter sales on Wednesday and said tough market conditions will limit its short-term growth opportunities. Johnson Matthey, the world's biggest maker of ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Investors worried about Ocado Smart Platform partners Sharecast - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 15:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 continued to slide on Tuesday, with the second tier market down 249.75 points (1.51%) to 16,239.51 points by mid-afternoon.
- London open: BP drags stocks into the red after posting annual loss Sharecast - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 09:18 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 dropped on Tuesday, led by BP after the oil major reported its worst annual loss in 20 years amid a slump in oil prices.
- WPP adds another app developer Sharecast - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 16:41 GMT
(ShareCast News) - WPP has snapped up its second mobile app developer in as many weeks, acquiring US healthcare specialist The Lathe for an undisclosed sum.
- Ex-divs to take 2.9 points off FTSE 100 on Feb.4 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 15:07 GMT
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Tuesday preview: Analysts point to weak fourth quarter at BP Sharecast - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 14:18 GMT
(ShareCast News) - BP is expected to report a weak set of fourth quarter results on Tuesday amid lower oil prices.
- Week ahead: Carney and US employment report in focus Sharecast - Fri, Jan 29, 2016 14:23 GMT
(ShareCast News) - In the coming week, Bank of England governor Mark Carney will have a chance to explain the Monetary Policy Committee´s take on recent events in global capital markets, following recent ...
- Is Small-Cap GTS Chemical PLC Hldg A Better Buy Than Blue-Chip Johnson Matthey PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jan 29, 2016 14:20 GMT
Which is the better investment: GTS Chemical PLC Hldg (LON:GTS) or Johnson Matthey PLC (LON:JMAT)?
- Putin's son-in-law boosted by $1.75 bln Russian state loan Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 28, 2016 17:20 GMT
The son-in-law of Vladimir Putin stands to benefit from $1.75 billion in cheap finance from the Russian state, a Reuters examination of public documents shows. The money will help fund a petrochemical project at a company in which Kirill Shamalov, husband of Katerina Tikhonova, the Russian president's younger daughter, …
- Airbus Helicopters CEO sees flat business in 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jan 25, 2016 13:57 GMT
SURESNES, Hauts-de-Seine, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Airbus Helicopters expects business to remain flat this year after falling orders in 2015 as problems in the oil and gas sector continue to weigh on demand, the head of the unit of Airbus Group, Guillaume Faury, said on Monday. The world's biggest maker of civil helicopters …
- Russia signs license agreement on producing Airbus H135 helicopters in Russia Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jan 25, 2016 10:15 GMT
A unit of Russian state conglomerate Rostec, Ural Works Of Civil Aviation, has signed a license agreement with Airbus on producing Airbus H135 helicopters in Russia. The agreement was signed in Moscow ...
- Regional planemaker ATR targets 100 orders in 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 21, 2016 11:14 GMT
Regional turboprop planemaker ATR, a joint venture between Airbus Group and Italy's Finmeccanica, said on Thursday that it is targeting more than 90 deliveries and about 100 plane orders this year. ATR ...
- BUZZ-Lufthansa not interested in used A380s - CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 21, 2016 10:59 GMT
** Lufthansa is not interested in taking second-hand A380s, chief executive Carsten Spohr says, after IAG CEO Willie Walsh said earlier this week the group would look at leasing the used super jumbos for ...
- TyraTech appoints new CFO Sharecast - Wed, Jan 20, 2016 16:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - TyraTech, the maker of natural pest control products, said on Wednesday it had appointed Erica Boisvert as its new chief financial officer.
- Airbus delivers first revamped A320 to Lufthansa Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jan 20, 2016 15:48 GMT
European planemaker Airbus said on Wednesday it had delivered the first A320neo, a fuel-efficient upgrade of its best-selling jetliner, to German carrier Lufthansa. The delivery marks the culmination of ...
- BUZZ-UK stocks: hedging the Brexit risk Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jan 20, 2016 15:19 GMT
** Shorting UK property, financial and materials stocks recommended as the best way to hedge any risk of a Brexit ** Continued warnings from the Bank of England and businesses see brokers looking to hedge ...
- Norway awards 56 oil and gas licences in mature areas Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jan 19, 2016 14:54 GMT
Norway's oil ministry awarded 56 oil and gas exploration licences in mature areas on Tuesday in a move to boost activity for the industry hit by low crude prices. A total of 36 companies were awarded stakes to explore in the mature areas, or areas already opened for exploration. "It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) will contribute …
- IAG says its A380 options too expensive, looking to lease second hand Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jan 18, 2016 14:39 GMT
British Airways owner IAG is holding talks on leasing additional A380s second hand because it believes the options it has to buy more of the Airbus superjumbo are too expensive, its chief executive said on Monday. The move is part of a strategy of increasing the proportion of leased aircraft International Airlines Group …
- British Airways hopes to fly to Tehran in near future Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jan 18, 2016 11:51 GMT
British Airways hopes to start flying to Tehran in the near future, the chief executive of its parent company IAG said on Monday after the lifting of sanctions against Iran. "We are very interested ...
- Robots, new working ways to cost 5 mln jobs by 2020 Reuters - Mon, Jan 18, 2016 08:05 GMT