- EU clears 19 genetically modified products AFP - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 14:57 BST
- London close: Mining stocks stage late rally on Chinese stimulus hopes Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 18:18 BST
UK stocks finished higher after a choppy session on Thursday, with investors having to digest a raft of corporate earnings, mixed economic data and developments in Greece.
- FTSE 100 movers: Anglo American, utility stocks surge Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 17:11 BST
Anglo American, owner of jeweler De Beers, surged on Thursday as the mining giant cut its forecast for annual diamond production in order to avoid overproduction in the weaker diamond market.
- 5 Stocks On The Cusp Of Stunning Returns: BT Group plc, United Utilities Group PLC, RSA Insurance Group plc, Berkeley Group Holdings PLC And Croda International Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 13:21 BST
These 5 stocks could be worth buying right now: BT Group plc (LON: BT.A), United Utilities Group PLC (LON: UU), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Berkeley Group Holdings PLC (LON: BKG) and Croda International ...
- BUZZ-Clariant rises to multi-year high amid takeover rumours Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 11:48 BST
** Clariant shares rise as much as 5.9 pct on Wednesday with dealers citing rumours of a possible takeover of the Swiss chemicals firm ** Shares later pared gains after hitting highest levels since 2002 ...
- BUZZ-Croda: Top midcap gainer after first-quarter sales jump Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 09:09 BST
** Croda International Plc's shares rise as much as 4 pct, after the specialty chemicals maker's first-quarter sales rise 4 pct on a constant currency basis boosted by growth across all its units ** Shares ...
- Poland to buy U.S. Patriot missiles, French helicopters Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 21, 2015 22:57 BST
Poland said on Tuesday it would buy Raytheon Co's Patriot missiles from the United (Shenzhen: 000925.SZ - news) States and provisionally selected French Airbus Group helicopters as it speeds up the modernization of its military amid tensions with Russia. The choice of suppliers, in deals potentially worth $8 billion, …
- FTSE 250 movers: Petrofac hit by gas plant losses, Victrex lifted by upgrade Sharecast - Mon, Apr 20, 2015 18:23 BST
Oilfield services outfit Petrofac dropped after saying it expects to recognise a further loss of $195m in 2015 for the Laggan-Tormore gas plant project on Shetland. The company, which had already recognised ...
- London close: Chinese stimulus lifts stocks despite ongoing Greek uncertainty Sharecast - Mon, Apr 20, 2015 18:10 BST
Stocks rebounded on Monday after as measures by policymakers in China to boost bank lending helped to repair sentiment after recent losses, despite ongoing uncertainty in Greece.
- London open: Mining stocks lift FTSE on PBoC stimulus Sharecast - Mon, Apr 20, 2015 10:51 BST
UK stocks rose strongly on Monday morning as markets rebounded after a heavy sell-off the previous session, as sentiment recovered over the weekend following stimulus measures in China.
- Ex-divs to take 9.8 points off FTSE 100 on Thursday April 23 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 20, 2015 09:44 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Europe close: Greek uncertainty drags on stocks Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 18:15 BST
Uncertainty surrounding the future of Greece's financial situation sent European equities lower on Friday.
- European shares drop sharply; traders cite China regulation concerns Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 17:32 BST
European shares dropped on Friday, with traders pointing to weakness in Chinese futures markets as one of the drivers on a trading day also marked by an outage on Bloomberg financial terminals. Traders said weakness in Chinese futures markets fuelled the drop in Europe and was related to market chatter about further regulatory …
- Rolls-Royce wins $9.2 bln order from Emirates for A380 engines Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 13:42 BST
Rolls-Royce has won a $9.2 billion deal to supply engines for 50 A380 aircraft for Dubai's Emirates airline, the largest order in its history and giving it a boost after a torrid year of profit warnings. Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in the British company rose an initial 2 percent after Friday's announcement, which …
- How rogue 'financial advisers' in Spain stung British pensioners for millions Telegraph - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 12:35 BST
A Telegraph Money investigation has found pensioners falling prey to rogue 'advisers' along the Costa del Sol. Their nightmare serves as a timely warning for people retiring in the UK
- Emirates says still waiting to hear from Airbus on A380 revamp Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 11:09 BST
Emirates president Tim Clark said on Friday the airline is still waiting for a decision from Airbus over whether the planemaker will proceed with a revamp of the A380 superjumbo. Emirates, which is the leading buyer of the existing A380 jet with 140 orders, has said it would look at placing an order for up to 200 of the …
- BUZZ-European pharma: currency blows hot and cold for Q1 results Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 11:02 BST
** Big currency swings are set to overshadow Q1 results at European drugmakers, with euro reporters helped by a 20% year-on-year move in the dollar/euro rate but companies accounting in dollars or Swiss ...
- Declines in SKF and Syngenta weigh on European shares Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 09:03 BST
A pullback in bearings maker SKF and crop chemicals group Syngenta weighed on European equities on Friday, keeping a lid on the region's stock markets after a strong run so far this year. Some traders said lingering worries over Greece were also leading investors to trim back positions and take profits on the stock market …
- SKF and Syngenta slip as European stock markets retreat Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 08:12 BST
European stock markets lost ground on Friday, with bearings maker SKF and crop chemicals group Syngenta (Xetra: 580854 - news) among the worst performers after posting tepid figures. SKF shares fell 4 percent after the Swedish company forecast flat demand for its products in the second quarter, while Syngenta declined …
- BG Group drills dry well in Norwegian North Sea Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 07:44 BST
British energy firm BG Group drilled a dry well in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, southeast of the Knarr Field, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate said on Friday. Partners in the licence include ...
- Europe midday: Stocks slide as Greek debt repayment looms Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 01:18 BST
Stocks in the euro-area were in the red as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned Greece against missing its looming debt repayment.
- Airline seat squeeze raises health and safety concerns Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 20:41 BST
Airlines are packing ever more seats into economy class to protect profit margins from falling ticket prices, prompting concerns over health and safety from travellers and crew. "The more seats are shrinking, the more technology they're packing in," Rabinowitz added.
- Emirates picks Rolls-Royce engines for 50 A380 aircraft -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:16 BST
PARIS/LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) - Dubai's Emirates airline has selected British engine-maker Rolls-Royce to supply engines for 50 of the 140 A380 aircraft it has on order with Airbus, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. It is the first time the Gulf carrier has ordered Rolls-Royce engines for its superjumbo …
- Emirates picks Rolls-Royce engines for 50 A380 aircraft-source Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 15:43 BST
PARIS/LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) - Dubai's Emirates airline has selected British engines maker Rolls-Royce to supply 50 of the 140 A380 aircraft it has on order with Airbus , a source familiar with the matter said. It is the first time the Gulf carrier has ordered Rolls-Royce engines for its superjumbo fleet, the rest …
- Week ahead: Election and US data in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 10, 2015 16:57 BST
Electoral fever will likely continue to ramp up over the coming days, with the Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats all due to publish their respective election manifestos.
- Russia's Uralkali agrees to supply potash to China at $315/t Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 10, 2015 14:41 BST
Russia's Uralkali, the world's biggest potash producer, said on Friday it had agreed to supply 850,000 tonnes of potash to China at $315 per tonne on a cost and freight basis in 2015. Last year's contract ...
- Friday preview: Chinese inflation, UK manufacturing and industrial output data Sharecast - Thu, Apr 9, 2015 17:38 BST
Chinese inflation data will be released on Friday with analysts expecting an easing in cost of living pressures in March.
- Why I Would Sell Quindell PLC But Buy Cranswick plc And Carclo plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 9, 2015 15:45 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over Quindell PLC (LON: QPP), Cranswick plc (LON: CWK) and Carclo plc (LON: CAR).
- Victrex rides consumer electronics boom as plastics demand grows Sharecast - Thu, Apr 9, 2015 10:21 BST
Plastics group Victrex said first-half revenue was up strongly ahead of the prior year thanks to a strong consumer electronics showing despite slightly lower sales in its medical business.
- London pre-open: UK stocks set for higher open on split FOMC Sharecast - Thu, Apr 9, 2015 08:56 BST
UK stocks are headed for a higher start on Thursday as investors this side of the Atlantic react to the minutes of the latest Federal Reserve meeting, which showed that policymakers were divided on the ...
- Lapsed tenders hurt Modi's "Make in India" defence industry push Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 7, 2015 22:31 BST
Indian firms have spurned some $15 billion worth of government tenders to make a range of weapons since 2013, Defence Ministry officials say, in a blow to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his drive to wean the country off imported arms. Complicating things further, the military doesn't want weapons from Indian firms with …
- 4 Dividend Achievers For Your Last-Minute ISA: ARM Holdings Plc, Shire Plc, Victrex Plc And IG Group Holdings Plc Fool.co.uk - Sun, Apr 5, 2015 07:45 BST
Dave Sullivan looks at dividends in a different way: ARM Holdings Plc (LON: ARM), Shire Plc (LON: SHP), Victrex Plc (LON: VCT) and IG Group Holdings (LON: IGG)
- We were taking a bet on what the global economy would do, but we weren’t lucky, we were right Telegraph - Sat, Apr 4, 2015 14:51 BST
The chairman and chief executive of NetJets tells Ben Marlow how new luxury planes have helped to bring in more rich customers and turn the airline around
- Corporate hybrids steal the show Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 2, 2015 14:12 BST
"One of the key drivers is QE, which is bringing new investors into the corporate hybrid market, while enabling borrowers to issue larger sizes as well as refinance at lower rates," said Thomas Flichy, head of European corporate hybrids at Barclays (LSE: BARC.L - news) . A US$6bn-equivalent deal from Electricite de France …
- Lessor CIT orders five more Airbus A321 planes Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 2, 2015 13:29 BST
Leasing company CIT has ordered five additional Airbus A321 aircraft worth $570 million based on list prices, the European planemaker said in a statement on Thursday. The latest firm purchase brings CIT's ...