- European stocks rebound to end higher AFP - 9 hours ago
- Wednesday broker round-up Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Alexander Mining: Northland lowers target price from 8.1p to 6.1 and maintains a buy recommendation.
- London open: Stocks bounce off three-week low as Tesco gains Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Tesco, Hargreaves, Burberry and Persimmon rise after updates; Momentum shares bounce back after recent falls; Chinese data mixed, growth slows; Global economic data in focus today.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as China economic growth beats forecasts Sharecast - 16 hours ago
China grows more than expected; Eurozone inflation data due; UK jobs data to be released
- Ingredients firm Symrise to buy Diana for $1.8 bln Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 15:54 BST
German scents and flavours group Symrise is to buy France's Diana Group for an agreed 1.3 billion euros including debt to narrow the gap on top rival Givaudan and expand in natural ingredients and pet ...
- Europe midday: Stocks slide as Ukraine turmoil rises Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 01:00 BST
Ukraine tensions escalate; Eurozone industrial output rises; US retail sales report due
- Europe close: Tech stocks provide drag on markets Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 18:05 BST
Tech stocks drag on market; Inflation data out in China, Germany and Spain; Russian-Ukraine tensions continue to escalate; US producer prices and consumer confidence rises
- FTSE 100 movers: Fresnillo escapes the storm after JP Morgan hikes target Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 16:37 BST
JPMorgan Cazenove has lifted its price target for Fresnillo from 965p to 1,030p and kept an 'overweight' rating, saying it continues to favour the Mexican precious metals producer over sector peer Hochschild ...
- London open: Tech stocks drag UK markets lower after Nasdaq sell-off Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 10:11 BST
US, Asian weakness flows into UK stocks; Tech, internet stocks hit hard in early trading; Supermarkets edge higher early on.
- Europe open: Stocks fall after German inflation data Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 10:10 BST
German inflation in line with forecasts; Spanish consumer prices fall; US consumer confidence data due
- Market report: ABF rises on Primark hopes Telegraph - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 20:13 BST
The sugar-to-clothing conglomerate has been hit recently by worries about its sugar business
- London midday: Stocks erase early gains, BoE holds rates Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 01:16 BST
BoE holds rates, US jobless claims ahead; FOMC minutes reveal dovish stance; M&S erases gains after trading update; RBS pays to cancel dividend access share.
- Wednesday tips round-up: Victrex, Just Eat Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 11:39 BST
Polymer specialist Victrex saw a significant uplift in second quarter sales, for growth of 14 per cent to 1,584 tonnes for the whole of the first half. However, the firm added that it is now selling higher ...
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 01:15 BST
Aberdeen Asset Management: RBC Capital moves target price from 485p to 495p and maintains an outperform rating.
- Questor share tip: Victrex sales beat expectations Telegraph - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 18:41 BST
Strong sales of plastic polymers were above managements expectations during a strong second quarter, says Questor.
- London open: Sports Direct leads markets lower, Ukraine tensions weigh Sharecast - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 10:04 BST
Ukraine tensions running high; Wall Street sell-off continues ahead of Q1 earnings; BoJ holds steady despite tax hike; Sports Direct slumps, miners gain.
- Specialty plastic maker Victrex warns of adverse currency impact Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 08:06 BST
British specialty plastics maker Victrex Plc warned that currency exchange rate movements would hurt its results in the second half of the year ending September. Victrex (LSE: VCT.L - news) , which generates about 97 percent of its revenue outside the UK, also said the adverse impact would continue into the next financial …
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 01:11 BST
API Group: Numis lowers target price from 90p to 84p, while upgrading from add to buy.
- Aircraft parts distributor Pattonair readies sale -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 22:47 BST
Pattonair, a privately held aircraft replacement parts distributor, is preparing to sell itself in a deal that could fetch more than $500 million, people familiar with the matter said on Monday. Exponent ...
- Tuesday preview : BOJ policy, French confidence vote, IMF world outlook Sharecast - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 16:27 BST
The Bank of Japan (BOJ) is expected to keep monetary stimulus unchanged when it announces its latest policy measures on Tuesday.
- Airbus keeps tight rein on cabin design as A350 launch nears Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 15:17 BST
* Airbus tries to avoid repeat of A380 delays * Exec: less customisation means plane's value will hold (Adds comments on aircraft residual values, more on design centre) HAMBURG, April 7 (Reuters) - European planemaker Airbus unveiled on Monday the first cabin for its new twin-engined airliner, the A350 XWB, vowing …
- Carclo trading in line with company expectations Sharecast - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 09:36 BST
Trading in line with company expectations; Strong performance at Conductive Inkjet Technology; Confident of delivering its growth strategy
- Week ahead in business and economics: April 7-11 Telegraph - Sun, Apr 6, 2014 17:43 BST
Corporate focuse will be on clothing sales at M&S, while in economics we have a BoE rate decision and the IMF's Spring meeting
- FTSE 100 movers: Insurers lead upside after recent falls Sharecast - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 16:16 BST
Insurance groups RSA, Resolution and Aviva all made decent gains, bucking the trend of recent times, hit by both the Budget statement and the Financial Conduct Authority's plans to review old insurance ...
- Airbus drops behind Boeing in Q1 jet orders Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 12:47 BST
Airbus dropped behind U.S. rival Boeing (NYSE: BA - news) in the race for new airplane deals in the first quarter after a pair of wide-body order cancellations, while Boeing finalised a major Canadian sale, company data showed on Friday. Airbus, a subsidiary of Airbus Group (Berlin: AIR.BE - news) , said it had won new …
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 11:38 BST
African Minerals: Deutsche Bank reduces target price from 382p to 335p, while its buy recommendation remains unchanged.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-FTSE 100 to hit 7,500 by end of 2014 -Dt Bank Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 10:48 BST
Britain's benchmark FTSE 100 equity index should hit a record high of 7,500 points by the end of the year, Deutsche Bank strategists write in a note, arguing that the UK market should benefit from any ...
- Airbus says won 158 gross aircraft orders in Jan-March Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 09:04 BST
Europe's Airbus won 158 gross aircraft orders over the three months to end-March and delivered 141 planes, including 6 A380 superjumbos, it said on Friday. Taking into account 55 cancellations, the net ...
- London midday: Markets in positive mood ahead of US jobs data Sharecast - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 01:16 BST
Expectations high for US non-farm payrolls; 200k increase expected in March, jobless rate seen lower; easyJet traffic grows, RBS appoints new CFO; Retailers fall, including Tesco and M&S.
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls in focus Sharecast - Thu, Apr 3, 2014 17:25 BST
US jobs data will be in focus on Friday including the release of the non-farm payrolls report and unemployment rate.
- Market report: Miners in focus following quake Telegraph - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 19:47 BST
The copper price spiked to a three-week high in the wake of the Chilean earthquake
- Britain's car industry overwhelmingly backs EU membership -survey Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 13:42 BST
More than 90 percent of companies operating in the British car industry want the country to stay in the European Union, a survey showed on Wednesday, with access to the single market deemed fundamental to the sector's success. The automotive industry has been one of the most vocal supporters of Britain's role in the EU …
- BUZZ-Top of the Street: round-up of highly rated analyst action in Europe Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 2, 2014 07:59 BST
Ratings & estimate changes by Europe's top-ranked* analysts: ** Go-ahead : Goldman adds to conviction buy list, key short-term catalyst is co winning Thameslink franchise. ** ArcelorMittal : Credit Suisse ...
- Terra Firma to look at exit options on aircraft lessor Awas-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 20:34 BST
* Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS-PB - news) and Deutsche Bank (Xetra: DBK.DE - news) hired for strategic review * Options include stock market listing or sale * Awas has book value of $8.6 billion, peers trade at 1 timesbook (Adds book value) LONDON/FRANKFURT, April 1 (Reuters) - British private equity firm Terra Firma has …
- Wednesday preview: Domino's Pizza and ASOS report Sharecast - Tue, Apr 1, 2014 17:22 BST
Domino's Pizza is expected to deliver strong growth in like-for-like (LFL) sales for the first quarter in a trading update on Wednesday.