- FTSE 250 movers: Centamin rises on law change hopes Sharecast - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Centamin rose strongly on the back of hopes a change in the law could resolve the Egyptian mining row.
- Elementis to deliver in-line results despite effects of bad weather Sharecast - 3 hours ago
FTSE 250-listed Elementis on Thursday confirmed that its full-year results would be in line with expectations, despite the impact of bad weather experienced in the first few months of 2014.
- Thursday preview: Investors waiting on AstraZeneca and Barclays Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Thursday will be another big day in capital markets in London. In particular, traders will be braced for the latest first quarter earnings figures out from drugs giant AstraZeneca.
- Novartis-GSK asset swap offers template for pharma and beyond Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
* Asset swaps avoid merger pitfalls LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - The loud welcome given by investors to this week's deal for Novartis (Xetra: NOT.DE - news) and GlaxoSmithKline (Other OTC: GLAXF - news) to trade more than $20 billion of assets could trigger more pacts in the pharmaceuticals sector and beyond. Such swapping …
- FTSE 250 movers: Drax sinks after power station setback Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 17:07 BST
Shares in renewable energy provider Drax lost more than 13 per cent of their value on Wednesday, hit by the group's announcement that one of its power station units was no longer deemed eligible by the ...
- Europe open: Equities move lower after manufacturing reports Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:53 BST
European stocks have come under slight selling pressure early on following mixed readings on the manufacturing sector in France and Germany.
- London open: Stocks edge higher, AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:43 BST
AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion plans; Stocks rise, but upside limited; BoE minutes, economic data ahead; Chinese manufacturing PMI contracts again.
- Wednesday preview: Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing data due out Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 08:50 BST
Barring unexpected events, the upcoming trading session may well turn out to be the most interesting this week, as investors focus on a raft of important economic data which are set for release, alongside ...
- London midday: Stocks inch lower on mixed data and earnings Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:20 BST
AB Foods jumps, ARM and Sports Direct fall; UK borrowing falls more than expected; Chinese manufacturing still in contraction; Eurozone business activity improves.
- European stocks rise on pharmaceutical shake-up AFP - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 11:14 BST
- Canada to evaluate fighter-jet options over next several weeks Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 18:26 BST
The Canadian government will take several more weeks to evaluate its options for the much-delayed replacement of the country's CF-18 fighter jets, Public Works Minister Diane Finley said on Thursday. The decision boils down to whether to proceed with a single-source contract to Lockheed Martin Corp for 65 F-35 stealth …
- European stocks rebound to end higher AFP - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 17:17 BST
- Wednesday broker round-up Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:16 BST
Alexander Mining: Northland lowers target price from 8.1p to 6.1 and maintains a buy recommendation.
- London open: Stocks bounce off three-week low as Tesco gains Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:15 BST
Tesco, Hargreaves, Burberry and Persimmon rise after updates; Momentum shares bounce back after recent falls; Chinese data mixed, growth slows; Global economic data in focus today.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as China economic growth beats forecasts Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:13 BST
China grows more than expected; Eurozone inflation data due; UK jobs data to be released
- Ingredients firm Symrise to buy Diana for $1.8 bln Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 15:54 BST
German scents and flavours group Symrise is to buy France's Diana Group for an agreed 1.3 billion euros including debt to narrow the gap on top rival Givaudan and expand in natural ingredients and pet ...
- Europe midday: Stocks slide as Ukraine turmoil rises Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 01:00 BST
Ukraine tensions escalate; Eurozone industrial output rises; US retail sales report due
- Europe close: Tech stocks provide drag on markets Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 18:05 BST
Tech stocks drag on market; Inflation data out in China, Germany and Spain; Russian-Ukraine tensions continue to escalate; US producer prices and consumer confidence rises
- FTSE 100 movers: Fresnillo escapes the storm after JP Morgan hikes target Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 16:37 BST
JPMorgan Cazenove has lifted its price target for Fresnillo from 965p to 1,030p and kept an 'overweight' rating, saying it continues to favour the Mexican precious metals producer over sector peer Hochschild ...
- London open: Tech stocks drag UK markets lower after Nasdaq sell-off Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 10:11 BST
US, Asian weakness flows into UK stocks; Tech, internet stocks hit hard in early trading; Supermarkets edge higher early on.
- Europe open: Stocks fall after German inflation data Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 10:10 BST
German inflation in line with forecasts; Spanish consumer prices fall; US consumer confidence data due
- Market report: ABF rises on Primark hopes Telegraph - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 20:13 BST
The sugar-to-clothing conglomerate has been hit recently by worries about its sugar business
- London midday: Stocks erase early gains, BoE holds rates Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 01:16 BST
BoE holds rates, US jobless claims ahead; FOMC minutes reveal dovish stance; M&S erases gains after trading update; RBS pays to cancel dividend access share.
- Wednesday tips round-up: Victrex, Just Eat Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 11:39 BST
Polymer specialist Victrex saw a significant uplift in second quarter sales, for growth of 14 per cent to 1,584 tonnes for the whole of the first half. However, the firm added that it is now selling higher ...
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 01:15 BST
Aberdeen Asset Management: RBC Capital moves target price from 485p to 495p and maintains an outperform rating.
- Questor share tip: Victrex sales beat expectations Telegraph - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 18:41 BST
Strong sales of plastic polymers were above managements expectations during a strong second quarter, says Questor.
- London open: Sports Direct leads markets lower, Ukraine tensions weigh Sharecast - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 10:04 BST
Ukraine tensions running high; Wall Street sell-off continues ahead of Q1 earnings; BoJ holds steady despite tax hike; Sports Direct slumps, miners gain.
- Specialty plastic maker Victrex warns of adverse currency impact Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 08:06 BST
British specialty plastics maker Victrex Plc warned that currency exchange rate movements would hurt its results in the second half of the year ending September. Victrex (LSE: VCT.L - news) , which generates about 97 percent of its revenue outside the UK, also said the adverse impact would continue into the next financial …
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 8, 2014 01:11 BST
API Group: Numis lowers target price from 90p to 84p, while upgrading from add to buy.
- Aircraft parts distributor Pattonair readies sale -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 22:47 BST
Pattonair, a privately held aircraft replacement parts distributor, is preparing to sell itself in a deal that could fetch more than $500 million, people familiar with the matter said on Monday. Exponent ...
- Tuesday preview : BOJ policy, French confidence vote, IMF world outlook Sharecast - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 16:27 BST
The Bank of Japan (BOJ) is expected to keep monetary stimulus unchanged when it announces its latest policy measures on Tuesday.
- Airbus keeps tight rein on cabin design as A350 launch nears Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 15:17 BST
* Airbus tries to avoid repeat of A380 delays * Exec: less customisation means plane's value will hold (Adds comments on aircraft residual values, more on design centre) HAMBURG, April 7 (Reuters) - European planemaker Airbus unveiled on Monday the first cabin for its new twin-engined airliner, the A350 XWB, vowing …
- Carclo trading in line with company expectations Sharecast - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 09:36 BST
Trading in line with company expectations; Strong performance at Conductive Inkjet Technology; Confident of delivering its growth strategy
- Week ahead in business and economics: April 7-11 Telegraph - Sun, Apr 6, 2014 17:43 BST
Corporate focuse will be on clothing sales at M&S, while in economics we have a BoE rate decision and the IMF's Spring meeting
- FTSE 100 movers: Insurers lead upside after recent falls Sharecast - Fri, Apr 4, 2014 16:16 BST
Insurance groups RSA, Resolution and Aviva all made decent gains, bucking the trend of recent times, hit by both the Budget statement and the Financial Conduct Authority's plans to review old insurance ...