- Weak Industrial Demand a Cause for Honeywell Shares to Retreat @ Market Realist - 8 hours ago
Honeywell (HON), a diversified, century-old industrial (XLI) conglomerate, released its earnings report for 2Q16 on July 22, 2016.
- China-owned AMC Theatres ups bid for rival Carmike AFP - 9 hours ago
- India Plans Merger Of 13 State-Run Firms Into Oil Giant Oilprice.com - 10 hours ago
India’s government is considering launching talks to merge 13 state-held oil companies into one giant conglomerate that could rival some of the industry’s global giants
- Industrial ETFs in Focus on Strong GE Q2 Performance Zacks - 11 hours ago
ETFs having double-digit allocation to this industrial conglomerate giant GE are in focus in the days ahead on strong Q2 results.
- AMC makes final $1.2B bid for Carmike Cinemas Associated Press - 13 hours ago
AMC Theatres is making its final bid for Carmike Cinemas Inc., offering to buy the movie theater operator in an approximately $1.2 billion deal including debt. AMC, which was bought by Chinese conglomerate ...
- NY Times (NYT) Q2 Earnings: What's in Store for the Stock? Zacks - 14 hours ago
- LVMH To Sell Donna Karan In $650m Deal Sky News - 16 hours ago
The luxury label giant Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) is selling the Donna Karan brand to G-III Apparel Group in a deal worth $650m (£495m). The world's biggest luxury conglomerate is behind some of the best-known and most expensive global labels, including Louis Vuitton, Dom Perignon, Bulgari and Dior. In its 30-year …
- G-III to buy Donna Karan International from LVMH for $650 million @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE announced Monday that it will sell Donna Karan International Inc. to G-III Apparel Group Ltd. in a $650 million deal. LVMH, the French multinational luxury goods conglomerate, ...
- Saudi Group Signs Deal Aiming to End Biggest Mideast Default @ Bloomberg - 19 hours ago
- [$$] This Singapore Stock Isn't a Buy Despite 50% Slump @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 23, 2016 05:01 BST
Shares of Keppel Corp look cheap at only half the price they fetched two years ago but the conglomerate is not yet a bargain play. Singapore-based Keppel Corporation (ticker:ticker::BN4.SG) is the world’s largest builder of offshore oil rigs. At SGD5.50 a share, the stock trades at 0.9 times book value and has plummeted …
- [$$] Fosun Group Insurance Unit Files for IPO in U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 22:52 BST
Ironshore Inc., a property-casualty insurer owned by an arm of Chinese conglomerate Fosun Group, has filed for an initial public offering in the U.S.
- Ironshore Files for U.S. IPO After Ratings Review of Fosun Bloomberg - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 20:43 BST
Ironshore Inc., the insurer purchased by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International Ltd. last year, filed for an initial public offering in the U.S. after a ratings firm cited concerns about the parent firm’s ...
- 2 Conglomerates' Earnings to Watch on Jul 25: DHR, CR Zacks - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 15:19 BST
- [$$] VF Cuts Guidance @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 14:07 BST
Apparel conglomerate VF trimmed its outlook for the year and reported sluggish revenue growth below expectations in the most recent quarter.
- GE moves to profit in 2nd quarter Associated Press - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 14:03 BST
- General Electric reports 4 different EPS numbers @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 12:23 BST
General Electric Co. reported second-quarter results Friday that included four different earnings-per-share numbers. The conglomerate has said year-over-year comparisons are difficult as the company has ...
- Ride-hailing service Grab partners Indonesia's Lippo for mobile payments Reuters - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 07:37 BST
Southeast Asian ride-hailing service Grab said on Friday it is teaming up with Indonesian conglomerate Lippo Group to roll out a mobile payment platform in its biggest market, extending its reach beyond transport. The partnership, which will give Grab access to 50 million existing customers in Indonesia, is Grab's first …
- Gannett (GCI) to Report Q2 Earnings: Can It Pull a Surprise? Zacks - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 23:30 BST
- Modular Hydrogen Production Plant – Reforming Methanol into Pure Hydrogen – 1,000 Nm3 per Hour Business Wire - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 21:33 BST
Unitel Technologies, Inc. announced that it has been engaged by a major Southeast Asian conglomerate to supply its technology and engineering know-how for the construction, start-up and operation of an on-site Unitel M2H production system and a downstream hydrogen sulfide plant.
- Wolves bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International for £45m @ BBC News - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 15:54 BST
- Samsung C&T, Stung by Mining Fallout, Sees Progress at Top-Valued Nuclear, Natural Gas Projects, an Industrial Info News Alert Marketwired - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 11:30 BST
Industrial Info Resources -- Collapsing commodity prices have dashed the hopes of many a global conglomerate, not the least of which is Samsung C&T Corporation , an engineering and construction leader ...
- Major Conglomerates' Q2 Earnings to Watch on Jul 22: GE, HON Zacks - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 10:32 BST
- [$$] SoftBank Shares Tumble as Investors Question ARM Deal @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 02:50 BST
Trading on Tuesday showed the first Tokyo market reaction to news of the Japanese internet and telecommunications conglomerate’s $32 billion acquisition of the U.K.-based chip designer.
- There could be a wild, sci-fi reason that SoftBank is spending $32 billion to buy mobile chip designer ARM Holdings Business Insider - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 17:09 BST
On the one hand, it makes perfect sense why the Japanese tech conglomerate SoftBank would want to...
- Saudi conglomerate Binladin pulls back from financial precipice Reuters - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 13:44 BST
Saudi Binladin Group, the kingdom's biggest construction conglomerate, appears to have pulled back from the brink of a financial crisis that risked damaging the wider economy. SBG was hard hit last year as low oil prices forced the government - its chief customer - to cancel or suspend projects and delay payments.
- [$$] SoftBank-ARM: These Chips Don’t Come Cheap @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 05:21 BST
SoftBank’s $32 billion bid for U.K. smartphone chip designer ARM is a high price, leaving the Japanese conglomerate swimming in debt.
- SoftBank: Are There More "Crazy Ideas" Beyond ARM Holdings? @ Barrons.com - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 02:21 BST
SoftBank (9984.Japan/SFTBY) tumbled over 10% in Tokyo this morning after the Japanese Internet conglomerate agreed to buy Britain's chip designer ARM Holdings (ARMH) for $32 billion. Investors are worried about SoftBank's balance sheet. SoftBank pays about $1 billion in interests every quarter! Well, now all of the sale …
- iPhone Chip Supplier In £24bn Takeover Deal Sky News - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 17:43 BST
- EnQuest in talks with Israeli conglomerate over North Sea stake @ International Business Times Finance ONC UK - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 10:36 BST
Midcap oil and gas exploration company EnQuest is in talks with Israel's Delek Group to farm out a 20% interest in the North Sea's Kraken oilfield development, as it explores ways reduce its debt in the wake of the oil price slump. Confirming the move on Monday (18 July), EnQuest said Delek would advance $20m (£15.1m) …
- iPhone Chip Maker ARM In £24bn Takeover Deal Sky News - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 08:00 BST
The British company which makes microchips for iPhones is to be bought by Japanese conglomerate SoftBank in a £24.3bn deal. The most valuable tech company listed in the UK, Cambridge-based ARM Holdings (LSE: ARM.L - news) supplies the technology for Apple (NasdaqGS: AAPL - news) and Samsung mobile phones. SoftBank …
- Reliance says commercial telecoms launch in coming months Reuters - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 15:29 BST
India's Reliance Industries Ltd said it will launch fourth-generation wireless services commercially in the coming months as the energy-to-telecoms conglomerate reported a forecast-beating 18 percent rise in first-quarter profit. Reliance, controlled by India's richest man Mukesh Ambani, has invested about $20 billion …
- [$$] Reliance Profit Beats Estimates, Rising 18% @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 14:07 BST
Indian energy-to-telecoms conglomerate said its net profit rose 18% last quarter.
- Full Show: Mike Wiluan on 'High Flyers' (07/14) @ Bloomberg - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 23:44 BST
- KPS Capital Partners backs out of Essar Steel Algoma bid Reuters - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 23:21 BST
ESA, which was bought nearly a decade ago by Indian energy and resources conglomerate Essar Global, had put itself up for sale while operating under creditor protection. "The term lenders have indicated that they remain committed to a going-concern outcome for Algoma and all of its stakeholders, and to closing the transaction …
- China to merge central SOE group to 100 - state media Reuters - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 13:00 BST
China will continue to merge its biggest state-owned enterprise (SOE) groups and reduce their number this year to no more than 100, state media reported on Thursday. Mergers among central government-controlled SOE conglomerates were accelerating, said Peng Huagang, deputy secretary-general of the State-owned Assets Supervision …