- [$$] Genworth, China Oceanwide Chart Path to Regulatory Approval of Deal @ The Wall Street Journal - 12 minutes ago
Genworth Financial Inc.’s proposed buyout by a Chinese conglomerate drew skepticism that the deal would get done, even as some state regulators are privately embracing the possible acquisition, according ...
- [$$] Tata Sons Unexpectedly Removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates, abruptly removed its chairman, replacing him temporarily with his predecessor, a member of the company’s founding family.
- Tata Turmoil: Chairman Cyrus Mistry Ousted @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
- What's next for AT&T megadeal? A look back at Comcast-NBC Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- China Inc. Takes a Room at Hilton @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
- AT&T's Regulatory Hurdles -- At A Glance @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
AT&T is poised to become a massive media conglomerate with its proposed $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc., if it passes all the necessary regulatory hurdles. The closest thing the industry ...
- Patriarch steps in at India's Tata Sons after board ousts chairman Reuters - 8 hours ago
MUMBAI/DELHI (Reuters) - Ratan Tata, patriarch of one of India's most influential families, will take over as interim chairman of Tata Sons after the salt-to-software conglomerate's board ousted Cyrus Mistry, who had sought to shake up the firm's management. Tata, who had stepped down as chairman and was replaced by Mistry …
- India’s Largest Conglomerate Goes Back to Future: QuickTake Q&A @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
- In surprise move, Tata Sons ousts Cyrus Mistry; family patriarch Ratan Tata to step in Reuters - 10 hours ago
MUMBAI/DELHI (Reuters) - Ratan Tata, patriarch of one of India's most influential families, will take over as interim chairman of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons, after the board ousted Cyrus Mistry in a surprise move on Monday. Tata, who had stepped down as chairman and was replaced by Mistry in late 2012, will …
- China's HNA to buy 25 percent stake in Hilton for $6.5 billion Reuters - 11 hours ago
Chinese aviation and shipping conglomerate HNA Group said on Monday it would buy about 25 percent of hotel operator and manager Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc from biggest shareholder Blackstone Group LP for $6.5 billion. Shares of Hilton, whose brands include Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio and Double Tree as well as Hilton, …
- Hilton shares soar up as China's HNA Group take 25 per cent stake @ City A.M. - 12 hours ago
Chinese conglomerate HNA Group have announced it will buy 25 per cent of Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc from Blackstone Group L.P for $6.5billion dollars. The latest move by a Chinese company into Western assets will see HNA pay $26.25 per share in cash for the stake, 15 per cent above Hilton's closing stock price on Friday …
- Hilton unveils sale of 25% stake to China's HNA @ BBC News - 12 hours ago
- [$$] China's HNA Group to Buy 25% Stake of Hilton @ The Wall Street Journal - 12 hours ago
Chinese conglomerate HNA plans to buy a roughly 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide from Blackstone Group for $6.5 billion, the latest move into American real estate by a Chinese firm.
- Blackstone Sells 25% Hilton Stake To Chinese Conglomerate For $6.5 Billion @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Blackstone Group, the world’s biggest private equity firm, said on Monday that it would be selling a 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide Holdings to China’s HNA Group for about $6.5 billion.
- Tata Sons ousts Mistry and names Ratan Tata interim chairman Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
MUMBAI/DELHI, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 24 (Reuters) - Indian salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons has ousted Cyrus Mistry as chairman and restored Ratan Tata to the position while it seeks a permanent replacement. The Tata Sons board did not give any reasons for its decision, though Mistry, 48, had been attempting …
- [$$] Wrangler Maker VF Corp. Cuts Guidance as Sales Slow @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
VF Corp.—which owns brands like Wrangler, Timberland and North Face—trimmed its guidance Monday as the apparel conglomerate continued to cope with weak demand for denim and sportswear.
- Indian business giant Tata Sons removes chairman Mistry Associated Press - 14 hours ago
- A Chinese company on a buying spree just took a 25% stake in Hilton Business Insider - 14 hours ago
The Chinese tourism conglomerate HNA Group is buying a roughly 25% stake in Hilton. HNA is paying...
- Tata Sons board removes Cyrus Mistry from chairman's post Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
The board of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata Sons said it has replaced Cyrus Mistry as its chairman, in a move that caught markets by surprise on Monday. Tata Sons, in press release, said its board ...
- Tata Sons in Turmoil After Chairman’s ‘Bizarre’ Ousting @ Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
- Tata Sons Replaces Mistry With Ratan Tata as Chairman of Group Bloomberg - 15 hours ago
- Things to Know About China Oceanwide @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
Little-known Chinese conglomerate China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., just struck a deal to acquire Genworth Financial Inc., a big player in the U.S. long-term-care insurance industry, for $2.7 billion. ...
- China firm to buy US insurance giant Genworth for $2.7 bn AFP - 20 hours ago
- [$$] Park Hyatt Hotel Destined for Oceanwide Development in Los Angeles @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
Hyatt Hotels has cut a deal to place a luxury Park Hyatt hotel in the $1 billion mixed-use project being developed in downtown Los Angeles by Chinese conglomerate Oceanwide Holdings.
- [$$] Low-Key CEO Reshaped Time Warner @ The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 01:20 BST
Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes, who built his reputation on shrinking the media conglomerate down, is writing his own legacy with the $85 billion sale to AT&T.
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $85.4bn @ International Business Times Finance ONC UK - Sun, Oct 23, 2016 06:42 BST
AT&T is buying the media and entertainment conglomerate Time Warner for $85.4bn (£69.8bn) in cash and stock. The US telecoms giant is paying $107.50 per share – a premium of almost 20% on Time Warner's closing price on 21 October. It pairs AT&T's wireless and TV subscriber base with Time Warner's library of entertainment …
- [$$] GE’s 3-D Printing Buys Set to Fail After Activist Elliott Intervenes @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 22, 2016 05:13 BST
General Electric’s $1.4 billion move to buy two European 3-D printing firms looks set to fail after the U.S. conglomerate said it wouldn’t bow to pressure from one of the world’s best known activist investors....
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared on Friday Associated Press - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 22:24 BST
U.S. stocks closed mostly lower Friday, led by declines in phone companies, health care and energy stocks. Consumer staples and technology companies eked out slight gains. Investors continued to focus on corporate America, reviewing earnings from General Electric, McDonald's and other big companies. AT&T lost 3 percent …
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record Reuters - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 21:19 BST
The S&P 500 and the Dow were little changed and the Nasdaq advanced on Friday as a record day for Microsoft and earnings from McDonald's helped offset a fall in energy and healthcare shares. General Electric (GE.N), often seen as an economic bellwether, weighed on the market as the industrial conglomerate's posted results …
- AT&T is reportedly in “advanced talks” to buy HBO’s parent company, Time Warner, for $110 a share Quartz - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 17:04 BST
The home of Game of Thrones and Harry Potter may soon have a new owner. AT&T is reportedly in talks to acquire Time Warner, parent company of HBO and Warner Bros. Entertainment, in a move that would create another massive media, communications, and internet conglomerate in the US. The deal would bring Time Warner’s pop …
- AT&T discussed takeover in meetings with Time Warner - Bloomberg Reuters - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 00:09 BST
- Reliance sees strong refining margins backed by solid demand Reuters - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 19:25 BST
India's oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS) reported quarterly results on Thursday that were in-line with expectations, and said it expects refining margins to remain strong, driven by rising fuel demand. Reliance, controlled by India's richest man, Mukesh Ambani, said its fiscal second-quarter …
- [$$] India's Reliance Industries Profit Falls 23% @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 14:04 BST
Indian energy-to-telecoms conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd. said its net profit fell 23% last quarter hurt by higher expenses and a one-time gain a year earlier.
- Major Conglomerates' Q3 Earnings to Watch on Oct 21: GE, HON Zacks - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 12:30 BST
- [$$] GE's Performance Under Scrutiny @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 23:39 BST
General Electric, which reports earnings Friday, is contending with a raft of Wall Street downgrades, a slipping stock price, and growing questions of whether the conglomerate will meet its own profit ...