- Is It Safe To Buy Sirius Minerals PLC, Balfour Beatty plc And DFS Furniture PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 16:05 BST
Is now the right time to buy these 3 stocks? Sirius Minerals PLC (LON: SXX), Balfour Beatty plc (LON: BBY) and DFS Furniture PLC (LON: DFS)?
- RSA short-sellers stay on sidelines as Zurich ponders bid Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 15:38 BST
Hedge funds have yet to bet on a fall in RSA shares even though they have risen about 20 percent on the possibility of a bid from Zurich Insurance , pointing to market confidence a deal will be done. In the process of short-selling, a hedge fund or other short-term investor will borrow the stock for a small fee and then …
- BUZZ-Weir: Heavyweights downgrade as margins pressure to hurt FY Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:15 BST
** Weir down c. 1.6 pct & 3rd top loser on FTSE-100 after at least 4 heavyweight brokerages cut TP on stock a day after co posts huge slump in H1 PBT ** Valve and pump market cites slump in U.S. oil and ...
- Broker tips: Indivior, St James Place, Tate & Lyle Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 18:37 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Indivior were given a downgraded 'neutral' rating from Citi after their strong performance in the year to date, while Deutsche Bank argued the company's drug pipeline was not ...
- Kier names former Keller CEO as new non-exec director Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 14:10 BST
(ShareCast News) - Justin Atkinson has been appointed as non-executive director of Kier Group, the residential and construction group confirmed on Thursday.
- European stock markets advance on bumper earnings Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 17:32 BST
European shares rose on Wednesday, lifted by strong corporate results and bid activity, including HeidelbergCement's move to take control of Italcementi. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index closed ...
- European stock markets advance, Italcementi surges Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 11:19 BST
European shares rose on Wednesday, lifted by strong corporate results and bid activity including HeidelbergCement's move to take control of Italcementi. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 0.5 ...
- European stock markets climb higher, Italcementi surges Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 09:06 BST
European shares climbed on Wednesday, lifted by strong corporate results and bid activity including a move HeidelbergCement to take control of Italcementi. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose ...
- Peugeot motors higher as European stock markets advance Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 08:20 BST
European shares climbed on Wednesday, with carmaker Peugeot among the best-performers, as some strong corporate results and further signs of bid activity lifted the region's stock markets. The pan-European ...
- RSA's takeover would free up Stephen Hester for another top job Telegraph - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 20:55 BST
Insurance firm has long been touted as a takeover target
- Cash-rich Zurich Insurance eyes bid for British rival RSA Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 18:28 BST
ZURICH/LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - Cash-rich Zurich Insurance is weighing a bid for British rival RSA which could top $8 billion, as insurers look to diversify amid tighter regulations and toughening market conditions. Zurich's statement on Tuesday that it was considering a bid drove the largest one-day gain for 23 years …
- BP posts 64% decline in second-quarter profits Sharecast - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 14:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - BP has reported a 64% slump quarterly profits as the low oil price and fallout from the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill continued to dent its takings.
- Galliford Try seals £48.5m Lincolnshire schools contract Sharecast - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 11:41 BST
(ShareCast News) - Galliford Try has reached final close with the Education Funding Agency for the £48.5m North and North East Lincolnshire batch of schools in the Priority School Building Programme.
- GKN rallies on acquisition of aerospace supply firm; operating profit beats expectations Sharecast - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 10:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in GKN rose sharply after it announced an agreement to acquire Dutch aerospace supply firm Fokker Technologies Group from Arle Capital for an enterprise value of €706m and posted ...
- China losing control as stocks crash despite emergency measures Telegraph - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 21:11 BST
Margin debt on the Chinese stock market has reached $1.2 trillion. 'We suspect that it’s a matter of time before banks may have to face the music,' Bank of America says
- BUZZ-Drax: broker upgrades after hefty price fall Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 10:50 BST
** Beaten-down power station Drax recovers some poise as Societe Generale upgrades rating on stock to "hold" vs "sell" on valuation grounds ahead of H1 results on July 28 ** SocGen ...
- Emerging market currencies crash on Fed fears and China slump Telegraph - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 22:48 BST
Brazil faces a 'perfect storm' as the country as the country slides deeper into recession, the politics go haywire and the Fed prepares to raise rates
- Speculators' net short contracts in Mexican peso hit record high Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 21:51 BST
Speculators raised bearish bets on the Mexican peso to a record level, according to data from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission released on Friday. Mexican net short positions increased to 81,424 ...
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 17:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - Aberdeen Asset Management: JP Morgan Cazenove reiterates neutral stance and trims target to 415p from 435p. SocGen stays at hold but lowers target to 410p from 485p. Jefferies keeps ...
- Market overview: US factories hit by dollar strength Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 16:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - 1500: US new home sales slipped to an annualised pace of 482,000 in June (consensus: 540,000).
- London Stock Exchange unit in talks to operate Plato venue Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 15:51 BST
A nascent consortium of asset managers, banks and brokerages is in talks with a London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) unit to provide technology for its planned trading platform, conceived as a venue for off-market trading of large blocks of shares. Plato Partnership said on Friday it was in exclusive discussions on a commercial …
- Sterling drops below $1.55 to hit 10-day low vs dollar Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 15:19 BST
Sterling eased against the dollar on Friday, on track for its weakest weekly performance in three, after recent data disappointed and falling oil prices raised some doubts over when the Bank of England would hike interest rates. Sterling dropped to $1.5485, down 0.2 percent on the day, having hit $1.5469 earlier in the …
- Cairn Energy boosted by SocGen upgrade to 'hold' Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 11:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - Cairn Energy got a boost on Friday after Societe Generale upgraded the stock to 'hold' from 'sell' and raised the price target to 180p from 165p, saying the risk/reward has improved....
- Air France posts revenue growth as loss widens; to accelerate cost cuts Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 10:48 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Air France-KLM rose on Friday as the company's second-quarter operating profit and revenue beat market expectations.
- BUZZ-Cairn Energy: top UK midcap riser on broker upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 09:04 BST
** Cairn Energy up 3%, top riser on FTSE 250 , as Societe Generale upgrades to "hold" vs "sell" ** Flags this year's appraisal drilling programme in Senegal, market wary of de-risking ...
- Broker tips: Melrose, Cairn Energy, Vodafone Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 01:47 BST
(ShareCast News) - Numis upgraded Melrose Industries to 'add' from 'hold', keeping the target price at 290p saying upside should come from the next meaningful acquisition.
- Can Vodafone Group plc, Kier Group plc And Young & Co.’s Brewery plc Help You Retire Early? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 08:46 BST
Should you buy these 3 stocks for the long haul? Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Kier Group plc (LON: KIE) and Young & Co.'s Brewery plc (LON: YNGA)
- Norcros leaks lower on 'sluggish' UK retail outlook Sharecast - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 17:37 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in bathroom accessories supplier Norcros were flushed lower as investors reacted to the company's comments that the UK retail sector was "challenging" and "sluggish"....
- TREASURIES-Prices rise after disappointing U.S. corporate reports Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 15:49 BST
Benchmark and long-dated Treasury yields hit their lowest levels in nearly two weeks on Wednesday after another round of disappointing U.S. corporate reports drove safe-haven buying, while uncertainty ahead of next week's Federal Reserve meeting capped gains. U.S. shares edged lower after results from technology giants …
- Why Alumasc Group plc Might Outperform Royal Bank Of Scotland Group plc and BHP Billiton plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 15:44 BST
Alumasc Group plc's (LON: ALU) trading niche elevates the firm above commodity-style outfits such as Royal bank of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS) and BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT)
- Building groups win contracts worth £1.5bn to give UK motorways a make-over Telegraph - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 13:55 BST
Five construction companies, including Balfour Beatty and Carillion, are set to upgrade Britain's roads into 'smart' motorways to ease congestion
- FX round-up: Euro marginally up on short-covering, market takes in BoE minutes Sharecast - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 12:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - The euro was marginally up against the dollar on Wednesday, with a second batch of legislation that needs to be cleared by the Greek parliament under the terms of its recent bailout ...
- Asia: Mixed stocks on weak commodity prices, China rises thanks to New Development bank launch Sharecast - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 10:55 BST
(ShareCast News) - Most Asian indices fell on Wednesday, hurt by weak commodity prices and disappointing corporate earnings from Apple and Microsoft in the US.
- Kier's joint venture wins contracts with Highways England Sharecast - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 10:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - Construction firm Kier Group's joint venture with support service group Carillion has secured one of Highways England's largest Smart Motorway Programme contracts worth up to £475m, ...
- AXA in talks to buy Genworth LPI for 475 mln euros Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 09:41 BST
French insurer AXA said it is in exclusive talks to buy Genworth Lifestyle Protection Insurance (LPI) for 475 million euros ($520 million) in cash to create the third-biggest player in the European creditor insurance market. Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW - news) said in a statement that it expected to accept the offer …