- Week ahead: Manufacturing surveys, US jobs report in focus Sharecast - Fri, May 27, 2016 17:45 BST
(ShareCast News) - Economic data over the coming holiday-shortened week will provide investors with further clues on the staying power of the US economic expansion and clues regarding the efficacy, or ...
- French insurer AXA sells last UK life and savings business Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 27, 2016 13:37 BST
French insurer AXA is selling its UK investment and pensions business to Phoenix Group , completing a well-flagged exit from a mature life assurance market to focus on faster-growing emerging economies. Phoenix Chief Executive Clive Bannister said the company would seek other deals in the short term.
- Sun Life Offloaded As Part Of £375m Axa Deal Sky News - Fri, May 27, 2016 13:35 BST
Insurance firm Sun Life is to be sold by French owner Axa (Paris: FR0000120628 - news) as part of a £375m deal with the UK's Phoenix Group. The Bristol-based business, which has more than 850,000 life insurance policies for over-50s in force, is being snapped by Phoenix along with UK pensions and investment operator Embassy. …
- Broker tips: M&S, Capita, Softcat Sharecast - Fri, May 27, 2016 12:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - Societe Generale downgraded Marks & Spencer to 'hold' from 'buy' and cut the price target to 424p from 545p following the retailer's full-year results earlier in the week.
- Axa continues UK sell-off with Phoenix deal Telegraph - Fri, May 27, 2016 11:57 BST
Axa continues UK sell-off with Phoenix deal
- 3 ‘hidden’ growth shares with juicy dividends! Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 27, 2016 10:00 BST
Bilaal Mohamed reveals 3 exciting stocks with tremendous growth potential AND chunky dividends!
- BUZZ-Phoenix: Buys some of Axa's UK units Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 27, 2016 08:54 BST
** Life insurer Phoenix Group's shares up 2.1 pct, top FTSE mid-250 index gainer, after saying it will buy Axa's UK investment, pensions and direct protection businesses ** Co, Britain's largest owner ...
- Phoenix Group to buy AXA wealth assets Sharecast - Fri, May 27, 2016 08:48 BST
(ShareCast News) - Phoenix Group Holdings has agreed with AXA UK to buy AXA Wealth's pensions and protection businesses, which is the wealth management arm of the French insurer.
- US STOCKS-Wall Street hits 'pause' after two-day surge Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 26, 2016 22:03 BST
Wall Street treaded water on Thursday following two days of strong gains as advancing utilities offset declines in materials, banks and other cyclical industries. Investors this week have grown more comfortable ...
- US STOCKS-Wall Street pauses after two-day run higher Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 26, 2016 21:17 BST
Wall Street treaded water on Thursday following two days of strong gains as advancing defensive sectors offset declines in materials, banks and other cyclical industries. Investors this week have grown ...
- Should you buy Marshall Motor Holdings plc, Bonmarche Holdings plc and Lonmin plc after today’s major share price moves? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 26, 2016 12:41 BST
Are these three stocks worth adding to your portfolio? Marshall Motor Holdings plc (LON: MMH), Bonmarche Holdings plc (LON: BON) and Lonmin plc (LON: LMI).
- Thursday preview: Tate & Lyle reports finals Sharecast - Wed, May 25, 2016 18:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - Tate & Lyle is expected on Thursday to report a decline in full year profits on foreign exchange headwinds as the food ingredients company undergoes a restructuring.
- HSBC To Appoint New Boardroom Pay Chief Sky News - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:53 BST
HSBC is to seek a new chair for its boardroom pay committee as the incumbent prepares to step down after nearly a decade as a director. Sky News has learnt that Sam Laidlaw, the former boss of Centrica (LSE: CNA.L - news) , is likely to leave the board of HSBC Holdings (HKSE: 0005.HK - news) during the course of 2017, …
- ABN Amro finds place in STOXX 600 index, Sports Direct out Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 06:57 BST
Dutch bank ABN Amro and German construction group Hochtief are among stocks to be added to the pan-European STOXX 600 benchmark index, potentially helping them attract more investment flows. Index compiler ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Homeserve rallies on final results; Paragon slides Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 16:50 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was up 0.5% to 17,109.29 in afternoon trading.
- Revenue, earnings slightly ahead at Keller Group Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 10:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - As investors gathered for Keller Group's annual general meeting on Tuesday morning, the ground engineering specialist revealed its numbers were ahead of last year in year-to-date trading....
- Shareholders vote climate test for ExxonMobil, Chevron AFP - Tue, May 24, 2016 03:36 BST
- Big banks' first-quarter commodities revenue drops 40 pct - report Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 00:01 BST
Commodities-related revenue at the 12 biggest investment banks tumbled 40 percent in the first three months of the year as lenders cut exposure to the oil and industrial metals sectors, a consultancy said ...
- Investment banks suffer worst first quarter since financial crisis -survey Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 00:00 BST
Revenue at the world's 12 largest investment banks fell 25 percent in the first quarter from a year ago as economic uncertainty and investor caution led to the slowest start since the financial crisis, ...
- Big banks lose as U.S. appeals court revives Libor lawsuits Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 20:07 BST
A U.S. appeals court on Monday revived private antitrust litigation accusing major banks of conspiring to manipulate the Libor benchmark interest rate, in a big setback for their defense against investors' ...
- AXA becomes first major insurer to cut tobacco ties AFP - Mon, May 23, 2016 17:03 BST
- Antitrust claims revived in Libor litigation Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 16:21 BST
A federal appeals court on Monday revived antitrust claims in private U.S. litigation accusing global banks of conspiring to manipulate the Libor benchmark interest rate. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of ...
- European stocks falter AFP - Mon, May 23, 2016 15:06 BST
- Axa Quits Investing In Tobacco Companies Sky News - Mon, May 23, 2016 14:05 BST
One of the world's largest insurance companies, Axa (Paris: FR0000120628 - news) , has announced it will stop investing in the tobacco industry. The international firm pledge to sell investments worth more than €1.8bn (£1.4bn). It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) said holding stocks and corporate bonds from tobacco companies …
- Insurer AXA to pull out of tobacco investments Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 10:17 BST
PARIS/LONDON, May 23 (Reuters) - French insurer AXA (EUREX: 486352.EX - news) plans to stop investing in the tobacco industry, citing the impact of smoking on public health, and said it plans to sell its 1.8 billion euros ($2.02 billion) of assets in the sector. AXA (Paris: FR0000120628 - news) said it would divest …
- French insurer Axa pulls out of tobacco AFP - Mon, May 23, 2016 10:03 BST
- Axa to ditch tobacco investments Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 09:48 BST
(ShareCast News) - Insurance giant Axa announced on Monday that it will no longer invest in the tobacco industry.
- Axa stubs out €1.8bn tobacco investments Telegraph - Mon, May 23, 2016 09:37 BST
Axa stubs out €1.8bn tobacco investments
- Axa stubs out tobacco investments Telegraph - Mon, May 23, 2016 09:37 BST
Axa stubs out tobacco investments
- Monday newspaper round-up: Brexit warning, Rosengren, BT, Reckitt Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 08:03 BST
(ShareCast News) - Britain will be plunged into a year-long recession if it votes to leave the EU, according to a bleak analysis of the short-term economic shock of a Brexit vote published on Monday by ...
- 4 ‘secret’ growth stocks you daren’t pass up on! Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 20, 2016 11:42 BST
Royston Wild looks at four FTSE SmallCap (INDEXFTSE: SMX) stars set to deliver splendid earnings growth.
- London midday: Stocks lifted by rebound in miners Sharecast - Fri, May 20, 2016 01:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were given a boost by a rebound in mining shares on Friday as metal prices rose.
- Friday preview: Spectris and Close Brothers update on quarterly trading Sharecast - Thu, May 19, 2016 18:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - Precision instruments maker Spectris will update the market on its first quarter trading on Friday after reporting soft full year results earlier in the year.
- Buckle up! 4 FTSE 250 fireworks you MUST check out Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 19, 2016 10:00 BST
Royston Wild looks at four FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE: MCX) stars offering terrific investment potential.
- 3 super small-caps? 88 Energy Ltd, James Halstead plc & Young & Co.’s Brewery plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 19, 2016 09:20 BST
Should you pile into these 3 smaller companies right now? 88 Energy Ltd (LON: 88E), James Halstead plc (LON: JHD) and Young & Co.'s Brewery plc (LON: YNGA).