- Will IMI plc, Filtronic plc and Costain Group plc rise or fall by 20% in 2016? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Should you buy or sell these 3 stocks right now? IMI plc (LON: IMI), Filtronic plc (LON: FTC) and Costain Group plc (LON: COST).
- Director dealings: Bramson keeps picking up Electra stock Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Activist investor Edward Bramson, who won a place on the board of Electra Private Equity in November after a 21 month-long battle with the board, has continued to snaffle more shares ...
- European shares led down by Dialog and BHP; Athens outperforms Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
European stocks fell on Wednesday, with Dialog Semiconductor slumping after it cut its revenue outlook and BHP Billiton hit by news of a lawsuit filed against it in Brazil. The pan-European FTSEurofirst ...
- Thursday preview: Sage and BT Group report results Sharecast - Wed, May 4, 2016 15:21 BST
(ShareCast News) - Software company Sage is expected to report growth in its first half interims on Thursday, supported by an increase in sales and foreign exchange improvements.
- SocGen CEO - bank will have time to adapt if UK votes to quit EU Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 09:28 BST
Societe Generale (Swiss: 519928.SW - news) would have enough time to adapt its operations if Britain votes in a June referendum to leave the European Union, chief executive Frederic Oudea said on Wednesday. "The process would be long," Oudea said about negotiations in case of a Brexit vote, or vote to quit the EU grouping. …
- Standard Life boosts advisory platform business with acquisition of Axa's Elevate Telegraph - Wed, May 4, 2016 08:56 BST
Standard Life boosts advisory platform business with acquisition of Axa's Elevate
- European stocks hover near 3-week low, Dialog and BHP slump Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 08:22 BST
European stocks hovered near a three-week low on Wednesday, with shares in Dialog Semiconductor and BHP Billiton among the worst performers. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which had fallen 1.7 ...
- France's Axa says to sell remaining UK life and savings units Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 07:24 BST
French insurance group Axa said on Wednesday it was in talks to sell its remaining UK life and savings assets in a deal that could allow it to potentially raise 650 million pounds . It said the transaction ...
- HeidelbergCement lifts profit guidance for 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 06:37 BST
Germany's HeidelbergCement (Amsterdam: HC6.AS - news) raised its profit guidance for 2016 after it got off to a better-than-expected start to the year, and said it expected to close its 6.7 billion euro ($7.7 billion) takeover of Italcementi in the second half. HeidelbergCement (LSE: 0MG2.L - news) said it now expects …
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Brussels cautious on Italian maths Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 3, 2016 09:06 BST
We'll get the European Commission's latest forecasts on Europe's national economies at 0900 GMT today. They come after last week's data showing surprisingly high growth in the first quarter, but with inflation ...
- Start-ups can and should serve up some fresh lessons to us corporates Telegraph - Sun, May 1, 2016 20:19 BST
Start-ups can and should serve up some fresh lessons to us corporates
- Week ahead: Global manufacturing PMIs in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - Purchasing managers´ indices for the manufacturing and services sector scheduled for release on Tuesday and Thursday will provide further real-time readings on the current state of affairs ...
- HIGHGRADE CLOSE-Two high-grade issuers raise US$3bn Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 21:31 BST
* Price progression: BP 20bp-25bp, PM 12bp * BP almost 5 times covered * Philip Morris 4 times covered * Citigroup 3.4% 2026 most actively traded * Little/no issuance expected Friday By Mike Gambale NEW ...
- Directors dealings: Saga boss shows conviction, picks up large batch of shares Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 18:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - A family investment company linked to Saga boss Andrew Goodsell bought a large batch of shares on Tuesday, the company said in a statement.
- Galliford Try celebrates three new contract wins Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 10:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - Housebuilding and construction group Galliford Try announced a new contract win on Thursday, with its joint venture with process outsourcing firm Capita extending the Urban Vision partnership ...
- London close: FTSE rises ahead of Fed interest rate decision Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 17:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 finished higher on Wednesday, rebounding from earlier declines, as investors weighed UK economic data and awaited the Federal Reserve's latest policy decision.
- Thursday preview: Lloyds reports first quarter interims Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 16:30 BST
(ShareCast News) - Lloyds Banking Group will be in focus on Thursday as it reports its first quarter interims following results from fellow lenders Barclays and Standard Chartered this week.
- FTSE 250 movers: Amec, Centamin and Tullow lead the way; McCarthy, Weir out of favour Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 14:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - The midcap FTSE 250 index was in positive territory on Wednesday afternoon, up 0.71% to 17,066.55 at 1331 BST.
- CRH keen on U.S, Belgian assets Heidelberg may sell Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 09:19 BST
Ireland's CRH is interested in U.S. and Belgian assets that HeidelbergCement may sell to address competition concerns over its acquisition of Italy's Italcementi, CRH Chief Executive Albert Manifold said ...
- London midday: Stocks slide as UK economy loses momentum Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 01:10 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were under the cosh on Wednesday as official data showed UK economic growth slowed to 0.4% in the first quarter of 2016.
- Bond yields set to rise, Credit Suisse says Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 15:36 BST
(ShareCast News) - The US central bank´s 'dovishness' led to a "dramatic" decoupling between bond yields and cyclicals over the past two months, with the former falling even as the latter outperformed, ...
- How technology is driving down the cost of car insurance Telegraph - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 09:24 BST
How technology is driving down the cost of car insurance
- 4 Small Cap Bargains You Simply Can’t Afford To Miss! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 18:00 BST
Royston Wild takes a look at four hidden gems trading at ridiculously low prices.
- FTSE 100 movers: Mining bears outweigh construction bulls Sharecast - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 17:43 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's blue chips were on the back foot as the week came to a close, weighed down as the miners continued to lose ground for a second session and despite oil prices launching a new ...
- Week ahead: Federal Reserve meeting, Greece negotiations in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 17:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors will keep close tabs on the result of the Federal Reserve's next two-day policy meeting on Wednesday for any change of tone in the US central bank's policy statement.
- FTSE 250 movers: Ted Baker higher on research note, Amec under pressure Sharecast - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 16:37 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 edged lower on Friday afternoon, as investors digested worse-than-expected eurozone manufacturing data.
- Liberum sees value in housebuilders after sector subsidence Sharecast - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 12:21 BST
(ShareCast News) - Broker Liberum has upgraded housebuilders Barratt Developments and Persimmon to 'hold' as it toned down its caution on the sector, but said Taylor Wimpey remained a 'sell'.
- Bank shell company rule nears approval as final draft sent to White House Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 20, 2016 15:03 BST
Treasury Department inched closer on Friday toward finalizing a rule requiring banks to identify the legal owners of shell companies, a move it hopes will help prevent illegal financial activities such as money laundering. The White House's Office of Management and Budget announced it has commenced its review of the final …
- Rockwell Automation Announces Leadership Changes: Blake Moret Named CEO, Keith Nosbusch to Remain Chairman Business Wire - Tue, Apr 19, 2016 12:00 BST
Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK) announced today that its board of directors has elected Blake D. Moret, a 30-year veteran of the Company, as president and chief executive officer, effective July 1, 2016. At that time Keith D. Nosbusch, 65, who has been president and chief executive officer since 2004, will transition …
- Ardian raises $14 bln in funds of funds Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 19, 2016 08:51 BST
French private equity firm Ardian said on Tuesday that it attracted $14 billion of investment in its latest fundraising round, taking total secondary market fundraising to $27.4 billion within the last five years. The new round involves 180 investors from 26 different countries, and about a quarter of the fund has already …
- AXA expands property and casualty business in Africa with Lloyd's Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 19, 2016 07:45 BST
France's AXA unveiled a joint venture in Africa with Lloyd's of London insurer Chaucer in a bid to enter the "growing and profitable" specialty insurance market covering a range of political, ...
- London close: Stocks recover as oil prices waver after Doha meeting Sharecast - Mon, Apr 18, 2016 19:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 ended higher on Monday, recovering from earlier declines as crude oil futures bounced back from the steep losses seen at the start of trading.
- London close: Stocks end lower after mixed data, slide in oil prices Sharecast - Fri, Apr 15, 2016 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks closed in the red on Friday as oil prices fell and investors sifted through a batch of mixed economic data.
- Week ahead: Raft of UK data, ECB, US housing in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 15, 2016 15:08 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors will need to wade through a raft of economic data this coming week, including the March unemployment report, retail sales and public finance figures, on Wednesday and Thursday....
- Deutsche Bank settles U.S. gold, silver price-fixing litigation Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 14, 2016 18:17 BST
Deutsche Bank AG agreed to settle U.S. lawsuits accusing it of conspiring with other banks to manipulate gold and silver prices at investors' expense, court papers show. The settlements were disclosed ...