- Tuesday preview: Primark and sugar in focus as Associated British Foods reports half-year results Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Associated British Foods (ABF) on Tuesday reports its half-year results, which are expected to show lower margins on sugar and the expansion of its Primark arm.
- London close: Chinese stimulus lifts stocks despite ongoing Greek uncertainty Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Stocks rebounded on Monday after as measures by policymakers in China to boost bank lending helped to repair sentiment after recent losses, despite ongoing uncertainty in Greece.
- Questor share tip: Defensive Nestle shares are good for income Telegraph - 8 hours ago
Swiss food giant has an excellent track record of dividend payments and steady growth, says Questor
- Why I Was Right About Unilever plc (Strong Buy!) & Diageo PLC (Strong Sell!) Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Buy Unilever plc (LON:ULVR) and sell Diageo PLC (LON:DGE) is the obvious recommendation this Fool has for you.
- Week ahead in business and economics: April 20 to 24 Telegraph - Sun, Apr 19, 2015 21:19 BST
Primark smartens up balance sheet for AB Foods as sugar profits sour
- A good time to ask hard questions of star fund managers Telegraph - Sat, Apr 18, 2015 17:01 BST
The ultimate determinant of long-term investment success is the price you pay at the outset
- Questor share tip: SABMiller enjoys strong African sales Telegraph - Sat, Apr 18, 2015 15:00 BST
The FTSE 100 beer giant is an excellent share for the long-term with strong cash generation from business across the world, says Questor
- Why I Would Buy Diageo plc And Ricardo plc But Sell Evraz plc And KAZ Minerals plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 16:18 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Ricardo plc (LON: RCDO), EVRAZ PLC (LON: EVR) and KAZ Minerals PLC (LON: KAZ).
- Canaccord sees further downside at Smirnoff maker Diageo after weak Q3 Sharecast - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 11:47 BST
Canaccord Genuity has raised its target price slightly for Diageo, but said that Thursday's update from the spirits producer contained a "cocktail of small disappoints".
- Nestle sales top estimates in good start for food firms Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 09:57 BST
Nestle became the third European food company to report better-than-expected first-quarter sales on Friday, adding to evidence that the sector is moving past the troubles of 2014. Last year, makers of ...
- Should We Buy Outperforming Unilever plc And Debenhams Plc Now? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 17, 2015 09:41 BST
Results delight at Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and Debenhams Plc (LON: DEB). Should we invest?
- Europe close: Stocks in the red on Greek debt default fears Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 18:23 BST
European stocks were in the red on fears of a Greek debt default, which sent yields on debt of the Mediterranean country shooting higher.
- European shares retreat from multi-year highs, Casino and Pearson dip Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:41 BST
European equities retreated from 14-year highs on Thursday, led lower by shares in French retailer Casino, which reported slower sales growth, and Pearson, on a report that one of its educational technology ...
- European stocks close down on Greek worries, profit-taking AFP - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:31 BST
- EU mergers and takeovers (April 16) Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:12 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS None NEW LISTINGS -DS Smith Plc, a British maker of corrugated cardboard, ...
- Pearson penalised as UK's FTSE slips off record high Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 17:08 BST
Britain's top share index slipped off record highs on Thursday, with media group Pearson underperforming after a newspaper report of a glitch in a lucrative contract. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index initially ...
- Market overview: Mixed economic data Stateside Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 16:46 BST
1500: Manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region picked up slightly in April according to one of the most widely followed lead indicators for activity in the sector. The Federal Reserve bank of ...
- Pearson lags as UK's FTSE slips off record high Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 15:44 BST
Britain's top share index slipped off record highs on Thursday, with media group Pearson underperforming after a newpaper report of a glitch in a lucrative contract. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index initially ...
- European stocks drop on Greek worries, profit-taking AFP - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 15:17 BST
- Diageo shares drop after quarterly sales decline Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 13:06 BST
Diageo Plc (LSE: DGE.L - news) , the world's largest spirits maker, reported a drop in quarterly sales on Thursday despite an improvement North America, hurt by challenges in several emerging markets. The maker of Johnnie Walker whisky, Smirnoff vodka and Guinness beer said net sales in the three months to March 31, the …
- SABMiller lager sales boosted by Easter, China recovery Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 12:49 BST
SABMiller Plc (Xetra: BRW1.DE - news) , brewer of Miller Lite, Peroni and Grolsch, sold more lager in the fourth quarter as demand rose in many emerging markets ahead of the Easter holiday and sales in China recovered from an inclement summer. Shares of SABMiller, the world's second-largest brewer by sales, rose as much …
- Broker tips: Unilever, SABMiller, BAE Systems Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 12:33 BST
Shore Capital has reiterated a 'buy' recommendation on Unilever after the consumer products giant beat forecasts with its first-quarter update, with the broker labelling it as a long-term winner in the ...
- European equities retreat from highs on Greek concerns Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 12:23 BST
European equities retreated on Thursday, with growing concerns about Greece's debt situation prompting investors to take some profits after the previous session's 14-year highs. Greece's ATG share index ...
- Diageo sales disappoint as currency and comparatives leave bitter taste Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:55 BST
Organic sales from Diageo fell 0.7% in the third quarter, a much worse result than the increase analysts had expected, as the drinks group blamed currency headwinds in Latin America and tough comparatives ...
- Unilever sees tailwinds boosting sales hopes Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:51 BST
Unilever reported better than expected first quarter sales and struck a positive tone on the rest of the year, citing brighter signs in major markets such as the United States, China and India. "We are overall starting to see more tailwinds than headwinds," Chief Financial Officer Jean Marc Huet said. Foreign exchange …
- Growth at drinks giant SABMiller picks up in Q4 Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:50 BST
Miller Lite, Peroni and Grolsch maker SABMiller impressed the market on Thursday with a strong finish to its financial year as robust growth in Africa and Latin America helped accelerate top-line momentum ...
- Numis highlights SABMiller as "industry consolidation target" after Q4 impresses Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:41 BST
SABMiller impressed the market with a pick-up in sales growth in its fourth quarter, prompting Numis Securities to maintain a 'buy' rating on the brewing titan.
- Media stocks drag down European equities from highs Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:31 BST
European equities retreated from a 14-year high on Thursday, with media stocks leading the market lower after Pearson fell sharply following troubles with one of its educational technology projects. The ...
- Diageo and BAE fall as UK's FTSE backs off from record high Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:28 BST
- Why Are Petra Diamonds Limited, Diageo plc & Persimmon plc Falling Today? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 11:02 BST
Should you buy Petra Diamonds Limited (LON:PDL), Diageo plc (LON:DGE) or Persimmon plc (LON:PSN) in the wake of today's falls?
- BUZZ-Mothercare: top UK small cap after sales revival Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 10:48 BST
** Mothercare up at levels last seen in July & biggest one-day rise since then in hefty volume ** Sales at UK stores up 5.1 pct in Q4 vs 1.1 pct growth in previous quarter ** Co trying to turn around its ...
- Is SABMiller plc A Better Buy Than Britvic Plc And A.G. Barr plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 10:44 BST
Which of these 3 beverage companies should you buy? SABMiller plc (LON: SAB), Britvic Plc (LON: BVIC) or A.G. Barr plc (LON: BAG)
- London open: Greek woes pull UK stocks back from record high Sharecast - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 10:21 BST
London's stock market pulled back slightly on Thursday morning, with investors pausing for breath after a record-setting session the previous day.
- Unilever plc’s Emerging Market Success Is Good News For Burberry Group plc! Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 10:17 BST
Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) have had differing fortunes in emerging markets, but the long-term story is still a riveting read, says Harvey Jones
- Diageo sales slide on back of poor demand Telegraph - Thu, Apr 16, 2015 09:22 BST
Maker of Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker scotch suffers from weak global demand