- Is There Any Way Back For RSA Insurance Group plc, AO World PLC And Tate & Lyle PLC? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), AO World PLC (LON: AO) and Tate & Lyle PLC (LON: TATE) are all down, but are they cheap?
- Diageo CFO to be president of North American business Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Diageo said on Tuesday that its chief financial officer Deirdre Mahlan is to be appointed as the president of its North American business.
- Pernod sees slower growth in EMEA region Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
French spirits group Pernod Ricard predicted sales growth in its Europe-Middle East-Africa(EMEA) region, a major market, would slow to around 2 percent in the year to June 30, citing weakness in Russia and travel retail over the past three months. "Over nine months we are at 2 percent growth and for this financial year …
- Diageo CFO Mahlan appointed as North American President Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
Diageo, the world's largest spirits maker, has appointed Chief Financial Officer Deirdre Mahlan as the new president of its North American division on Tuesday. The maker of Johnnie Walker whisky, Smirnoff ...
- Tesco seeks fresh start with suppliers who survive cull Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Suppliers to Tesco can expect a better deal from Britain's biggest supermarket chain as it tries to sustain a tentative revival -- providing their wares survive a cull that is removing thousands of products from shelves. Last week Tesco enjoyed the first fruits of a radical shake-up of its 3,000 British suppliers as new …
- James Bond whisky producer shaken by Dominican Republic smugglers Telegraph - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 18:19 BST
Edrington, which also makes The Macallan whisky favoured by James Bond, forced to write £239m off the value of its Brugal rum
- Annual Financial Report Business Wire - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 16:51 BST
Tate & Lyle PLC (the “Company”) confirms that copies of the following documents have been submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at: www.Hemscott.com/nsm.do. The Annual Report 2015, Notice of Annual General Meeting 2015 and Notice of Availability are also available on …
- Check Out These 4 Dividend Destroyers: Diageo plc, Bovis Homes Group plc, Talktalk Telecom Group PLC And Royal Mail PLC Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 15:52 BST
Royston Wild explains the benefits of investing in Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Bovis Homes Group plc (LON: BVS), Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (LON: TALK) and Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG).
- 3 Grexit Fallers To Buy Today: Standard Chartered PLC, Unilever plc & Hunting plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 15:49 BST
Roland Head explains why Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN), Unilever plc (LON:ULVR) and Hunting plc (LON:HTG) could be great 'Grexit' buys.
- Ex-divs to take 1.7 points off FTSE 100 on July 2 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 10:11 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Ad execs cautious about growth, gear up for contract battle Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 19:40 BST
The reluctance of big companies to spend at a time of lacklustre global growth and fewer major sporting events this year are dampening demand for advertising, said the chief executives of two leading ad agencies. In separate interviews on Friday, Martin Sorrell of WPP and Maurice Levy of Publicis sounded cautious about …
- Week ahead: Greece at the forefront of investors' minds Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 17:03 BST
The coming week may well see the imposition of capital controls in Greece should the country fail to reach an agreement with its creditors.
- Ennismore The Victor In Battle For Gleneagles Sky News - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 16:52 BST
A London-based boutique hotel operator is on course to be handed the keys to Gleneagles next week after agreeing a deal to buy the venue of last year’s Ryder Cup for more than £150m. Sky News can exclusively reveal that Ennismore Capital, which owns The Hoxton hotel brand, is poised to emerge as the surprise victor of …
- Why Unilever plc Is A Better Buy Than Experian plc Or Mondi Plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 16:22 BST
Here's why Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) looks set to beat its index peers Experian plc (LON: EXPN) and Mondi Plc (LON: MNDI)
- Müller makes fresh offer to progress Dairy Crest takeover Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 16:20 BST
Dairy company Müller made a new proposal to address a UK regulator's concerns over its £80m takeover of Dairy Crest Group.
- MEDIA-Ennismore the victor in battle for Diageo's Gleneagles - Sky News Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 16:19 BST
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- London midday: Stocks drop ahead of weekend Greek debt talks Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 01:12 BST
UK stocks were trading firmly in the red on Friday as investors showed their nerves ahead of a crucial weekend for Greece, as debt talks go down to the wire.
- Diageo down on reports of no interest from 3G Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 16:05 BST
Shares in drinks group Diageo fell 2.2% on Thursday after CNBC anchor David Faber said on his TV show that private equity firm 3G had categorically no interest in the company.
- Market overview: Eurogroup meeting has been suspended Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 16:01 BST
1449: Eurogroup meeting has been suspended, according to various reports citing EU officials.
- H&M feels the pinch as strong dollar hikes sourcing costs Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:24 BST
H&M, which has benefited from low-cost garment production in Asia to grow to 3,639 stores in 59 markets, said it suffered in the March-May quarter from higher input costs, largely due to the dollar. H&M, which buys the bulk of its clothes in Asia on U.S. dollar contracts while selling most of them in Europe, is more exposed …
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 13:57 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TATE & LYLE PLC Director/PDMR Shareholding Tate & Lyle PLC (the ‘Company’) has been informed that today Robert Gibber, a Person Discharging Managerial Responsibility, exercised ...
- Saudi investor's Ethiopian farms to raise coffee, tea output Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 12:40 BST
Ethiopia's coffee export drive will be boosted by higher output from the venture of a major Saudi Arabian investor, the manager of his enterprises there said. Horizon Plantations and Ethio Agri-CEFT plans to more than double its coffee production and expand tea output. Horizon Plantations is part of the MIDROC umbrella …
- Top consumer brands pledge to halve food waste by 2025 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 10:50 BST
The world's top food and drink companies have promised to halve the food they waste by 2025, seeking to preempt government regulation prompted by concern about the environmental, economic and social costs of such inefficiency. The Paris-based Consumer Goods Forum (CGF), a network of some 400 retailers, manufacturers and …
- SAB Miller gets Moody's upgrade with 'stable' outlook Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 09:45 BST
Moody's has upgraded the long-term senior unsecured rating of SABMiller to A3 from Baa1, with a stable outlook for the drinks giant.
- Is It Time To Buy Underperfoming J Sainsbury plc, WM Morrison Supermarkets plc & PureCircle Limited? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 15:35 BST
J Sainsbury plc (LON:SBRY), WM Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON:MRW) and PureCircle Limited (LON:PURE) have underperformed the market this year.
- London midday: Broker upgrades and data lift UK stocks as Greek hopes rise Sharecast - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 09:57 BST
Better-than-expected economic data and improving optimism surrounding Greece strengthened stock markets on Tuesday morning, with sentiment also lifted by a raft of broker upgrades.
- Are Stock Spirits Group PLC And Nichols plc Better Buys Than Diageo plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 08:07 BST
Should you add these 2 beverages companies to your portfolio ahead of Diageo plc (LON: DGE)? Stock Spirits Group PLC (LON: STCK) and Nichols plc (LON: NICL)
- Why I’d Buy Tesco PLC Before SABMiller plc And Sports Direct International Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 07:17 BST
Even though it may not be popular, Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO) appears to be a better buy than SABMiller plc (LON: SAB) and Sports Direct International Plc (LON: SPD)
- Sports Direct races higher after bullish broker note Telegraph - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 19:26 BST
RBC Capital Markets upgraded Sports Direct to "outperform" after a recent online initiative helped boost sales.
- Advertising agencies under the gun from major contract reviews Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 16:11 BST
CANNES/NEW YORK, June 23 (Reuters) - An unprecedented number of blue-chip companies have put their advertising contracts up for review this year, underlining the growing pressure on ad agencies as online marketing threatens their traditional role and profit margins. At the industry's biggest annual conference in Cannes …
- Nomura upgrades Diageo to 'buy' Sharecast - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 11:02 BST
Nomura upgraded Diageo to 'buy' from 'neutral' and raised the target price to 2,180p from 1,930p.
- RBC cuts AB Foods to 'sector perform', says valuation up with events Sharecast - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 10:57 BST
RBC Capital Markets downgraded Associated British Foods to 'sector perform' from 'outperform' saying the valuation is up with events.
- London open: Stocks continue to advance on Greek hopes Sharecast - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 10:16 BST
UK stocks advanced again on Tuesday morning, extending the strong rally seen the previous session as hopes over a short-term funding deal for Greece continued to increase.
- Should You Buy These Growth Shares? SABMiller plc, Johnson Matthey plc, Elementis plc & Vp plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 10:05 BST
Should You Buy These Growth Shares? SABMiller plc (LON:SAB), Johnson Matthey plc (LON:JMAT), Elementis plc (LON:ELM) and Vp plc (LON:VP).
- Heart-shaped sausages are a hit with young shoppers Telegraph - Mon, Jun 22, 2015 17:18 BST
Yorkshire brand Heck has doubled turnover by launching weird and wonderful sausage-based products