- Sausage-skin maker Devro's full-year profit declines Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
Sausage-skin maker Devro Plc's full-year profit slumped as a result of costs related to investments in manufacturing technology and the strength of the pound against various currencies. The maker of edible ...
- Malaysia's Sime Darby completes $1.74 bln New Britain Palm Oil buy Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Sime Darby Plantation Bhd, the plantation arm of Malaysia's conglomerate Sime Darby Bhd , has completed $1.7 billion acquisition of Papua New Guinea-based New Britain Palm Oil Ltd , the company said on ...
- Up in smoke: BAT ends 17-year old auditing relationship with PwC Telegraph - 13 hours ago
World's number two tobacco company launches tender process for new auditors
- FTSE 100 movers: Banks rebound, British Land boosted by acquisition Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Banking stocks such as Barclays and RBS topped the risers as share prices rebounded after a weak outing last week following some poorly-received annual results. 2014 figures from Barclays, the last UK ...
- Unilever to buy UK's REN Skincare Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
Unilever has agreed to buy Britain's REN Skincare brand, it said on Monday, as the company expands its personal care business. Financial terms of the deal, expected to close in May, were not disclosed....
- Are ASOS plc, AO World PLC And Associated British Foods plc A-Star Retail Investments? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
G A Chester looks at the business fundamentals and valuations of ASOS plc (LON:ASC), AO World PLC (LON:AO) and Associated British Foods plc (LON:ABF).
- London midday: Investors take profits after FTSE hits fresh intraday record Sharecast - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 00:22 GMT
After a bright start, UK stocks dropped into the red by Monday lunchtime as investors assessed a raft of economic data and took profits after markets reached new record highs.
- Colombia: from failed state to Latin American powerhouse Telegraph - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 14:58 GMT
In the shadow of a violent and drug-fuelled past, business confidence is growing in Colombia, a country that has been transformed over the past decade
- Ex-Diageo Chief Walsh In Line For Top CBI Job Sky News - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 20:48 GMT
The UK's biggest employers' lobbying group is lining up Paul Walsh, the former chief executive of Diageo (LSE: DGE.L - news) , as its next president. Sky News has learnt that the CBI is in discussions with Paul Walsh about replacing Sir Mike Rake in one of the most prestigious roles in British business when his term expires …
- FTSE touches fresh intraday high Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 20:22 GMT
Britain's index of leading shares rose to a record 6,967.24 during Friday trade
- London close: Stocks inch lower as US data and comes in mixed Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 17:13 GMT
Despite setting a new intraday record just before the close, the FTSE 100 finished just a few points lower on Friday as investors took profits after a batch of mixed economic data from the States.
- Should You Buy Thorntons plc, PZ Cussons plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc And SABMiller plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 15:09 GMT
Are these 4 stocks worth buying right now? Thorntons plc (LON: THT), PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC), Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB) and SABMiller plc (LON: SAB)
- Global beer market to grow by 2 pct in 2015 - Plato Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:53 GMT
The global beer market is set to grow by around 2 percent this year as China recovers from a sharp slowdown, beer market specialists Plato Logic said on Friday. The world market expanded by less than 1 percent last year due to lower or muted consumption in four of the world's five largest beer markets, which account for …
- 5 Top Income Stocks You Can’t Afford To Ignore: Connect Group PLC, Admiral Group plc, Tate & Lyle PLC, BHP Billiton plc And Hiscox Ltd Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:16 GMT
Connect Group PLC (LON: CNCT), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM), Tate & Lyle PLC (LON: TATE), BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) and Hiscox Ltd (LON: HSX) and some of the best dividend stocks around.
- London midday: FTSE flat on mixed earnings as Germany approves Greek extension Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 00:12 GMT
UK stocks touched a new intraday record on Friday before slipping into the red, as investors treaded carefully on another busy day for corporate earnings and economic data.
- US STOCKS-Nasdaq resumes climb; S&P 500, Dow fall with energy Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 21:34 GMT
The Nasdaq resumed its recent advance on Thursday after deal news in the technology sector, while the Dow and S&P 500 dipped as energy shares sank with oil prices. The day's move put the Nasdaq within just 12 points of the 5,000 mark, which it last hit in March 2000 along with its all-time high of 5,132.52 at the height …
- US STOCKS-S&P 500, Dow fall as energy sinks; Nasdaq up after deal news Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 19:54 GMT
The Dow and S&P 500 slipped in afternoon trading on Thursday as energy shares tumbled with oil prices, while the Nasdaq advanced after deal news in the technology sector. Energy shares led declines in the S&P 500 and Dow, with the S&P 500 energy index dropping 2.3 percent as U.S. crude oil futures fell 5.5 percent to settle …
- No respite for beleaguered AO Telegraph - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 19:15 GMT
Panmure Gordon said the company's explanation for its profit warning was "not credible".
- US STOCKS-S&P 500, Dow dip with energy; Nasdaq up after deal news Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:56 GMT
The Dow and S&P 500 edged lower at midday on Thursday as energy shares eased back with oil prices, while the Nasdaq advanced after deal news in the technology sector. Avago Technologies jumped 13 percent to $127.39 as the best performer on both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 index after the company reached a deal to acquire …
- US STOCKS-Wall St holds near unchanged mark after data flurry Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 16:06 GMT
U.S. stocks held near the unchanged mark on Thursday in the wake of a mixed bag of economic data, with the Dow and S&P 500 holding just off record highs while the Nasdaq advanced modestly. The inflation data could provide a cautious Federal Reserve with leeway to keep interest rates low for a bit longer. The Dow Jones …
- Tannus Launches the Next Generation Aither 1.1 ver. Puncture-free Tire Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 16:00 GMT
- Drops in RBS and RSA shares peg back UK's FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 15:14 GMT
Share price falls in publisher Reed Elsevier and financial firms Royal Bank of Scotland and RSA kept Britain's top equity index in check on Thursday, although the market remained near record highs. The ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St little changed after burst of data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 14:48 GMT
Durable goods orders rose 2.8 percent in January, topping the 1.7 percent estimate. The data could provide ammunition to a cautious Federal Reserve to keep interest rates low for a bit longer. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 18.5 points, or 0.1 percent, to 18,206.07, the S&P 500 lost 1.89 points, or 0.09 percent, …
- US STOCKS-Wall St set for flat open after data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 14:10 GMT
U.S. stocks were poised for a flat open on Thursday in the wake of a mixed bag of economic data, after the Dow edged up to a new record a day earlier and the Nasdaq snapped a 10-session winning streak. Durable goods orders rose 2.8 percent in January, topping the 1.7 percent estimate. The data could provide ammunition …
- Why These Companies Are At Risk Of Bankruptcy: Premier Foods Plc, Avanti Communications Group PLC, Vedanta Resources plc, Tullow Oil plc & Enquest Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 13:52 GMT
Premier Foods Plc (LON: PFD), Avanti Communications Group PLC (LON: AVN), Vedanta Resources plc (LON: VED), Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW) and Enquest Plc (LON: ENQ) could be at risk of running out of cash....
- US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of data flurry Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 12:52 GMT
U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday ahead of a flurry of economic data, after the Dow edged up to a new record a day earlier while the Nasdaq snapped a 10-session winning streak. * ...
- Drops in Reed and RBS peg back UK's FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 11:35 GMT
A fall in the shares of publisher Reed Elsevier and Royal Bank of Scotland held Britain's top equity index in check on Thursday, although the market remained near record highs hit this week. The blue-chip ...
- London open: Influx of earnings and economic data keeps stocks flat Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:47 GMT
UK stocks were more or less flat on Thursday morning with markets fluctuating at record highs amid a barrage of corporate earnings and economic data.
- Diageo plc Vs Unilever plc: Which Global Consumer Stock Should You Buy? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 08:30 GMT
Which of these 2 consumer stocks is the better buy: Diageo plc (LON: DGE) or Unilever plc (LON: ULVR)?
- How Safe Are Dividends At Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, SABMiller plc And PZ Cussons plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 08:21 GMT
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB), SABMiller plc (LON: SAB) and PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC) offer handsome total returns.
- Health-conscious Chinese challenge Western food firms Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 21:04 GMT
LONDON/SHANGHAI, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Chen Chen, a 27-year-old financial analyst in Shanghai, has cut back on bottled milky tea in favour of fresh-squeezed juices. Like more and more of her compatriots, she wants to consume more natural ingredients and less fat and salt. "Health is a key factor," she said. Chinese consumers …
- London close: FTSE 100 closes at new record high on Greece, Yellen Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 17:22 GMT
London's FTSE 100 set a new all-time high on Tuesday afternoon, surpassing the previous record reached amid the dotcom bubble at the end of 1999, as the Eurogroup approved a bailout extension request from ...
- Catholic head says will press government on "shocking" poverty levels Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 16:29 GMT
The head of the Roman Catholic Church in England rejected calls from lawmakers to stay out of politics, saying on Tuesday he would keep up the pressure on government to tackle "shocking" levels of poverty ahead of a general election. In a news conference to set out the Church's priorities ahead of the May 7 vote, Cardinal …
- Are These The FTSE’s Strongest Dividends? ARM Holdings plc, Shire PLC & Diageo plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:22 GMT
ARM Holdings plc (LON:ARM), Shire PLC (LON:SHP) and Diageo plc (LON:DGE) all offer safe payouts -- but only one makes sense as an income buy.
- Will sustainable palm oil surge exclude small farmers? - TRFN Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:08 GMT
Among Ghana's small-scale farmers, there's a saying that if your cocoa crop fails, you may as well go back and tend your oil palm. Her organisation, Solidarid, is working to get hundreds of Ghanaian small-scale farmers certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), which Addico hopes will boost their yields …