- US expansion lifts Associated British Foods Telegraph - 8 hours ago
FTSE 100 ends the month on a low, as Primark's expansion into the US looks promising
- London close: Stocks end lower on Greek worries Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Shares ended the week on a down note, as worries over Greece continued to weigh on investors' minds.
- London midday: FTSE recovers as traders sanguine over Greece Sharecast - 9 hours ago
Equity traders and investors in London threw off the morning's caution to lift the benchmark FTSE indices back above the week's highs, in start contrast to losses elsewhere in Europe.
- European shares fall amid Greek impasse, weak euro zone data Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
European shares fell on Friday, setting them on course for a weekly loss, as investors were unnerved by conflicting signals from Greece's debt talks and data showing private loan growth in the euro zone ...
- Week ahead: Traders look to US jobs report for guidance on rates Sharecast - 10 hours ago
The latest US non-farm payrolls figures and updates on manufacturing sector conditions worldwide will dominate the coming week's calendar.
- Market overview: Chicago PMI drops unexpectedly in May Sharecast - 11 hours ago
1445: MNI's regional Chicago manufacturing sector purchasing managers' index slipped to a reading of 46.2 for May from 52.3 (consensus: 53).
- Britain's FTSE steadies, consolidating strong May gains Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
Britain's top share index steadied on Friday, consolidating a strong monthly performance in May and outperforming European shares, with support from Associated British Foods and Weir Group after broker ...
- Is It Time To Sell Or Buy Associated British Foods plc, Whitbread plc & ASOS Plc? Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
Associated British Foods plc (LON:ABF), Whitbread plc (LON:WTB) and ASOS Plc (LON:ASC) are under the spotlight.
- Britain's FTSE closes May with gains, led by broker upgrades Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Britain's top share index rose on Friday, capping a strong monthly performance in May, with gains led by Associated British Foods and Weir Group after broker upgrades. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was ...
- 5 Consumer Stocks Set To Soar: Unilever plc, SABMiller plc, Dixons Carphone PLC, Marks And Spencer Group Plc And McColl’s Retail Group PLC Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
Buying these 5 consumer stocks looks set to be a shrewd move: Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), SABMiller plc (LON: SAB), Dixons Carphone PLC (LON: DC), Marks And Spencer Group Plc (LON: MKS) and McColl's Retail ...
- London open: FTSE down on Greece angst and end-of-month effect Sharecast - 16 hours ago
London's equity indices were in the red on Friday as concerns about Greek debt negotiation combined with end-of-month selling.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - 17 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Tate & Lyle PLC Director/PDMR Shareholding Tate & Lyle PLC (the “Company”) has been informed that today Sir Peter Gershon, the Chairman of the Company, purchased a total of 10,000 ...
- Britain's FTSE index falls on Greek concerns, drop in UK consumer confidence Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
Britain's top share index fell on Friday, with an unexpected drop in consumer morale in the United (Shenzhen: 000925.SZ - news) Kingdom and uncertainty regarding Greece's debt situation prompting investors to trim their trading positions. The head of the International Monetary Fund, Christine (HKSE: 1210.HK - news) Lagarde, …
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Weir Group: Credit Suisse ups target to 2,205p from 1,915p and reiterates outperform.
- BUZZ-AB Foods: best day since November on Goldman double upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
** Associated British Foods poised for biggest one-day percentage rise since early November & up at 2-mth highs in decent volume as Goldman Sachs ramps up its rating to "buy" vs "sell" ...
- Ashtead dragged lower by bearish rival Telegraph - Thu, May 28, 2015 20:37 BST
Ashtead's larger US rival, United Rentals, talked down May activity at an industry conference in Boston
- Europe close: Stocks mostly lower on Greece uncertainty Sharecast - Thu, May 28, 2015 18:18 BST
European stocks were mostly lower at Thursday's close amid uncertainty surrounding Greece.
- Why I Would Buy Barclays PLC But Sell Kingfisher plc And Tate & Lyle PLC Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 15:01 BST
Royston Wild looks at the investment case for Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), Kingfisher plc (LON: KGF) and Tate & Lyle PLC (LON: TATE).
- Vietnam's 'beautiful' brewer Sabeco tells suitors to stand in line Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 13:20 BST
- Europe midday: Stocks edge down; conflicting headlines quash optimism over Greece deal Sharecast - Thu, May 28, 2015 12:45 BST
European shares nudged lower, giving back some of the gains from the previous session as conflicting headlines quashed any optimism about a possible deal between Greece and its creditors.
- Should You Stay Away From Unilever plc And Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 11:13 BST
Are Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB) overpriced?
- Should You Avoid Diageo plc And SABMiller plc But Buy Stock Spirits Group PLC And Fevertree Drinks PLC? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 09:51 BST
Are Stock Spirits Group PLC (LON: STCK) and Fevertree Drinks PLC (LON: FEVR) better picks than SABMiller plc (LON: SAB) and Diageo plc (LON: DGE)?
- Tate & Lyle forecasts flat profits as Splenda business takes a hit Telegraph - Thu, May 28, 2015 09:04 BST
Sweetener maker sees slump in profits as growth set to remain "elusive" over the next year
- Tate & Lyle profit falls; earnings seen flat Sharecast - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:56 BST
Tate & Lyle said on Thursday that full-year pre-tax profit dropped 30% in the year ended 31 March, in line with expectations, as it continues to restructure its business.
- London pre-open: Quiet start expected after Wednesday's surge Sharecast - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:52 BST
Thursday's session is set to start on a quiet note, pausing after strong gains the previous day as reports of a imminent Greek debt deal spurred buying.
- BUZZ-Tate & Lyle: falls on 2016 guidance cut Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:35 BST
** Tate & Lyle falls 3.2 pct to three-month lows as it cuts guidance for 2016 ** Positives outweighed by weaker outlook ** Says FY16 PBT to be 208 mln v 220 mln expected ** Jefferies says guidance implies ...
- Tate & Lyle signals tough year ahead as it overhauls business Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:13 BST
Britain's Tate & Lyle (LSE: TATE.L - news) reported lower full-year profit in line with its forecast on Thursday and signalled that this year would be equally tough as it overhauls its business. Longer term it said the restructuring it is undertaking this year - aimed at shifting its focus toward higher-margin specialty …
- Tate & Lyle posts lower profit in line with its guidance Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 07:56 BST
British food ingredients maker Tate & Lyle reported adjusted full-year profit in line with its forecast on Thursday and signalled that the restructuring it is undertaking will yield fruit over time. The ...
- Final Results Business Wire - Thu, May 28, 2015 07:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 28 May 2015 TATE & LYLE PLC ANNOUNCEMENT OF FULL YEAR RESULTS For the year ended 31 March 2015 £m and continuing operations 1 unless stated otherwise 2015 ...
- Norway's $900 bln sovereign fund told to reduce coal assets Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 23:28 BST
Norway's $900 billion sovereign wealth fund, the world's largest, should cut its exposure to the global coal industry and sell stakes in firms that focus on the sector, a key parliamentary committee said on Wednesday. The finance committee agreed in a bipartisan motion that the fund, which owns about 1.3 percent of all …
- Thursday preview: Second estimate of Q1 UK GDP expected to be revised higher Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 17:40 BST
A second estimate of UK gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter expected to be revised slightly higher on Thursday.
- New Issue- Unilever prices dual tranche deal Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 15:22 BST
Following are terms and conditions of a dual tranche deal priced on Wednesday. Borrower Unilever N.V Guarantor Unilever PLC and Unilever United States, INC. * * * * Tranche 1 Issue Amount 750 million euro ...
- Premier Foods director tops up stake after results underwhelm Sharecast - Tue, May 26, 2015 18:15 BST
Ian Krieger, a senior independent director at Premier Foods, raised his stake by a third just a few days after the foods producer underwhelmed the market with an in-line set of annual results.
- Week ahead in business and economics: May 26 to 29 Telegraph - Mon, May 25, 2015 23:16 BST
Jimmy Choo to face investors for the first time since its stock market float
- Sunday share tips: Tate & Lyle, Direct Line and Bloomsbury Publishing Sharecast - Sun, May 24, 2015 18:20 BST
Insurer Direct Line's shares are worth holding, according to Midas in the Mail on Sunday. The insurer is part of a new tendency of companies to pay special dividends on top of their two payments per year. ...