- EU mergers and takeovers (Aug 31) Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- British engineering company GKN to acquire Dutch company Fokker ...
- Week ahead: US jobs data and ECB policy meeting on the horizon Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 19:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - All eyes will be on the latest US jobs data in the coming week.
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy ARM Holdings plc, Diageo plc And PZ Cussons plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 13:31 BST
Should you load up with ARM Holdings (LON:ARM), Diageo plc (LON:DGE) and PZ Cussons plc (LON:PZC)?
- BUZZ-European consumer: Barclays cuts PT on EM worries Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 10:31 BST
** Barclays analysts cut PT on European tobacco, beverages food, and personal care companies, citing EM exposure ** SABMiller, ABInBev, BAT and Danone are most exposed to China and commodity-linked markets ...
- Why Unilever plc, Prudential plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC & N Brown Group plc Are 4 Of The Hottest Dividend Stocks Available! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 09:43 BST
Royston Wild examines the hot dividend prospects over at Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), Prudential plc (LON: PRU), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) and N Brown Group plc (LON: BWNG).
- Why Diageo plc, CRH PLC, PZ Cussons plc And easyJet plc Are Four Of The Hottest Growth Stocks Out There! Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 13:40 BST
Royston Wild examines the earnings picture over at Diageo plc (LON: DGE), CRH PLC (LON: CRH), PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC) and easyJet plc (LON: EZJ).
- Pernod hit by Absolut charge, cautious on China Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 12:23 BST
* Takes 404 mln eur impairment for Absolut vodka in U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . PARIS, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Pernod Ricard (Paris: FR0000120693 - news) delivered full-year profit below expectations on Thursday, sending its shares down 5 percent as a writedown on its flagship Absolut vodka brand highlighted difficulties …
- Exporters run for high ground as China growth story unravels Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 12:14 BST
The alarming scale of China's economic slowdown is pushing European exporters to accelerate a move into premium goods and services, sacrificing volumes if necessary to sustain margins. The move, on the heels of a surprise yuan devaluation two weeks ago, has further unnerved investors who bought into the growth stories …
- London open: Stocks rise as China concerns ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 10:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks on Thursday dusted off the previous day's slump as concerns on China's shrinking economy persisted.
- Why Growth Is Expected To Take Off At GlaxoSmithKline plc, Barclays PLC, Associated British Foods plc & Workspace Group PLC ORD GBP1 Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 09:19 BST
Royston Wild details the terrific growth potential of GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), WORKSPACE GROUP PLC ORD GBP1 (LON: WKP) and Associated British Foods plc (LON: ABF).
- BUZZ-Pernod: in poor spirits after FY revenues miss Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 09:12 BST
** French drinks maker Pernod Ricard lone faller on FTSEurofirst 300, down 3.3 pct, after slight FY miss on low US growth ** FY 2014/15 underlying profit up 2 pct vs 1-3 pct guidance ** A 404 mln euro ...
- How Much Further Can AstraZeneca plc, Unilever plc And Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Fall? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:34 BST
Is it time to load up on AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR)?
- 2 Great Reasons To Buy Diageo plc And Reckitt Benckiser Group plc In A Weak Stock Market Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:30 BST
Two standout factors supporting an investment in Diageo plc (LON: DGE) and Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (LON: RB)
- BUZZ-Diageo: glass half full Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 12:42 BST
** Diageo appearing in sell-side shopping lists compiled after broad market meltdown triggered by concerns over growth in China ** RBC Capital Markets -- 5 stars for rating accuracy on Diageo by StarMine ...
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy Unilever plc, Standard Chartered PLC And Burberry Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 12:15 BST
Should you load up on Unilever plc (LON:ULVR), Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN) and Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY)?
- Morgan Stanley recommends adding exposure to European stocks Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 11:38 BST
(ShareCast News) - The ongoing weakness in emerging markets and China won't significantly dent the European economy, Morgan Stanley said in its most recent equity strategy note.
- J&J sells popular Splenda sugar substitute to Heartland Food Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 22:33 BST
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ - news) on Tuesday said it was selling its widely used Splenda sugar substitute to privately held Heartland Food Products Group in order to focus on other consumer brands. J&J introduced Splenda in 1999, whose slogan "Made (Paris: FR0010328302 - news) from sugar so it tastes like sugar," …
- Europe blue-chip shares on the cheap? Think again Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 16:49 BST
Stock markets are rebounding after a bruising 48-hour sell-off. But with China still battling to revive its slowing economy, Europe's "screaming buys" come with risks. There is no doubt the recent ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 16:49 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Tate & Lyle PLC Director/PDMR Shareholding Tate & Lyle PLC (the “Company”) has been informed that today Sir Peter Gershon, the Chairman of the Company, purchased a total of 10,000 ...
- 2 Great Reasons To Buy Unilever plc And SABMiller plc In A Weak Stock Market Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 12:20 BST
Two standout factors supporting an investment in Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and SABMiller (LON: SAB)
- 5 Bargains After Yesterday’s Rout: Foster Wheeler PLC, BAE Systems plc, A.G. Barr plc, Burberry Group plc & Johnson Matthey PLC Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 10:57 BST
Amec Foster Wheeler PLC (LON: AMFW), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA), A.G. Barr plc (LON: BAG), Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) and Johnson Matthey PLC (LON: JMAT) all look cheap after yesterday's declines.
- BUZZ-European stocks: ways to play a rebounding euro Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 24, 2015 15:14 BST
** Surging euro set to hurt eurozone exporters but a boon to UK cos selling into the continent ** Biggest move against sterling for the euro since 2009 ** Easyjet and IAG relative outperfomers in the UK ...
- Heineken eyes control of Indian maker of Kingfisher beer - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 24, 2015 14:06 BST
Heineken NV is seeking to raise its stake in India's largest brewer, United Breweries Ltd, to gain full management control as it bets on the country's growing thirst for beer, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said. Dutch brewer Heineken is the single-largest shareholder in United Breweries, maker of Kingfisher …
- Heineken eyes controlling stake in India's United Breweries - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 24, 2015 12:38 BST
Heineken NV (Other OTC: HEINY - news) , the world's third-largest brewer, is seeking to raise its stake in India's United Breweries Ltd (BSE: UBL.BO - news) to gain full management control as it bets on the country's growing thirst for beer, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said. The Dutch brewer, the single …
- As The Market Slides, Protect Your Wealth With Diageo plc, Unilever plc & Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 24, 2015 11:39 BST
Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB) and all safe havens in rocky markets.
- Apple launches biggest ever tech bond in Australia Telegraph - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 23:52 BST
The A$2.25bn kangaroo bond is the biggest ever debt issuance by any non-financial firm in the country
- Has The Recent Sell-Off Presented An Opportunity To Buy Diageo plc, SABMiller plc & Whitbread plc On The Cheap? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 14:42 BST
Are Diageo plc (LON:DGE), SABMiller plc (LON:SAB) & Whitbread plc (LON:WTB) great stocks at a fair price?
- BUZZ-European stocks: the bounce candidates in an oversold market Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 14:05 BST
** European markets in oversold territory on the charts, with brokers suggesting picking up quality names that have fallen with the market on China fears ** Weak Chinese PMI showing manufacturing at a ...
- Why Growth & Income Hunters Must Check Out Unilever plc, Big Yellow Group plc, Persimmon plc And Babcock International Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 13:13 BST
Royston Wild highlights the benefits of investing in Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), Big Yellow Group plc (LON: BYG), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and Babcock International Group PLC (LON: BAB).
- Europe in meltdown? No - this is why some professional investors are buying Telegraph - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 11:54 BST
Despite China and Greece, fund managers say there are good reasons why European shares will rise
- Europe in meltdown? No and this is why some professional investors are buying Telegraph - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 11:54 BST
Despite China and Greece, fund managers say there are good reasons why European shares will rise
- Retail giant China Resources Enterprise posts Q2 loss, turns focus to beer Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 21, 2015 06:44 BST
Retail conglomerate China Resources Enterprise Ltd (CRE) swung sharply to a loss in the second quarter as its retail and food divisions took blows from online competition and high operating costs in a slowing economy. Profit from CRE's beer business jumped 30 percent to HK $544 million for the first half of 2015 from a …
- Diageo plc vs Unilever plc vs SABMiller plc: Which Consumer Stock Will Win? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 20, 2015 15:45 BST
If you can buy only one consumer stock, should it be Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) or SABMiller plc (LON: SAB)?
- Broker tips: Dairy Crest, Unilever, ICAP Sharecast - Thu, Aug 20, 2015 12:35 BST
(ShareCast News) - Credit Suisse lowered its rating for Dairy Crest to 'neutral' from 'outperform' following a strong run in the company's share price.
- Is Unilever plc A Better Buy Than Reckitt Benckiser Group plc And McBride plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 19, 2015 10:34 BST
A look at how structural changes in the grocery market will affect Unilever plc (LON:ULVR), Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (LON:RB) and McBride plc (LON:MCB).