- Weaker FTSE 100 gets support from ABF and AstraZeneca Reuters - UK Focus - 20 minutes ago
Strength in Associated British Foods on U.S. growth prospects and in drugmakers on expectations of sector consolidation kept Britain's top share index near a two-week high on Wednesday. Clothing and food ...
- Associated British Foods appoints a non-executive director Sharecast - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Multinational food processing and retailing company, Associated British Foods, announced it has appointed Ruth Cairnie as a non-executive director with effect from May 1st.
- Broker tips: AB Foods, ARM, Wolseley... Sharecast - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Panmure Gordon has upgraded its rating for Associated British Foods from 'hold' to 'buy' after the company announced its intention to expand its fast-growing Primark brand into the US towards the end of ...
- What Dividend Hunters Need To Know About Diageo plc Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Royston Wild looks at whether Diageo plc (LON: DGE) is an attractive income stock.
- Markets today: 5 things you may have missed Telegraph - 3 hours ago
ABF tops FTSE 100 on half-year results, while drugmakers are buoyed by continuing bid speculation
- Europe open: Equities move lower after manufacturing reports Sharecast - 3 hours ago
European stocks have come under slight selling pressure early on following mixed readings on the manufacturing sector in France and Germany.
- London open: Stocks edge higher, AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion Sharecast - 3 hours ago
AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion plans; Stocks rise, but upside limited; BoE minutes, economic data ahead; Chinese manufacturing PMI contracts again.
- Ericsson leads European shares lower after earnings miss Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
* Ericsson (Xetra: ERCA.DE - news) falls after earnings miss * Primark gives Associated British Foods (LSE: ABF.L - news) a lift LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Wednesday, retracing some of the previous session's strong gains as investors responded to weak earnings from Ericsson and mixed data out …
- Primark targets U.S. with first store openings Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
* AB Foods' Primark to open first US store in Boston in 2015 LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - Primark, the fast-growing clothing chain owned by Associated British Foods (LSE: ABF.L - news) , is to enter the United States, it said on Wednesday, becoming the latest British retailer to attempt to crack the American market after …
- Panmure upgrades AB Foods on Primark expansion into US Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Panmure Gordon has upgraded its rating for Associated British Foods from 'hold' to 'buy' after the company announced its intention to expand its fast-growing Primark brand into the US.
- ABF surges on plans to open first Primark stores in US Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Performance bolstered by strong Primark performance; Plans Primark store openings in the north-east of the US; Increases dividend
- Primark to open in the United States Telegraph - 5 hours ago
Discount clothing retailer to expand in north-east of US after 'extensive research'
- Associated British Foods plc To Launch Primark In The US Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Associated British Foods plc (LON:ABF) eyes the American dream for Primark.
- French blue-chips lead European shares lower after euro zone PMIs Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
French blue-chip shares underperformed their German counterparts on Wednesday after survey data showed that the recovery in France is still weaker than the euro zone's biggest economy. France's CAC 40 ...
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Associated British Foods surges after H1 results Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
Shares in clothing and food conglomerate Associated British Foods surge to the top of the blue-chip FTSE 100 index, marking their best one-day gain in percentage terms in 14 years, after posting higher ...
- Wednesday preview: Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing data due out Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Barring unexpected events, the upcoming trading session may well turn out to be the most interesting this week, as investors focus on a raft of important economic data which are set for release, alongside ...
- London pre-open: FTSE to open marginally lower Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Following yesterday's surge on the back of bid speculation and M&A activity within the pharma sector, today's session looks set for a fairly flat start, with the top tier expected to inch marginally lower ...
- UK's FTSE propped up by ABF and AstraZeneca Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
A rise in the share prices of Associated British Foods and drugmaker AstraZeneca buoyed Britain's top equity index on Wednesday, leaving the market near a two-week high. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index edged ...
- AB Foods profit growth held back by sugar Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Associated British Foods met forecasts with a 1 percent rise in first-half profit with a major fall in its sugar business offset by a strong performance from its Primark clothing chain and progress in ...
- London midday: Stocks inch lower on mixed data and earnings Sharecast - 14 hours ago
AB Foods jumps, ARM and Sports Direct fall; UK borrowing falls more than expected; Chinese manufacturing still in contraction; Eurozone business activity improves.
- Market overview: Barclays may cut 7,500 positions at investment bank Sharecast - 15 hours ago
1100: The CBI's total industrial orders trend index fell to a reading of -1 in April, after a reading of 6 for the month before (consensus: 7).
- What Price Should You Pay For Diageo plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:30 BST
Roland Head reveals his target 'buy' price for Diageo plc (LON:DGE).
- Consumer firms adapt to win over emerging markets' middle classes Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 08:00 BST
* Consumer spending volatile in some emerging markets * Firms producing more consumer goods locally to cut prices LONDON, April 21 (Reuters) - From chocolate and dumplings to toothpaste, consumer goods companies are adapting to new spending habits as incomes rise in emerging markets while protecting profits in places …
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 01:56 BST
ARM Holdings: Goldman Sachs cuts target price from 1500p to 1450p and keeps a buy recommendation.
- It’s time to go on the defensive to safeguard those bull market winnings Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:38 BST
As stock markets around the world wobble, we investigate the safest shares for gains and income
- Week ahead in business and economics: April 22 - 25 Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:26 BST
Public borrowing figures this week are expected to show that George Osborne, the Chancellor, narrowly missed his target for this year.
- Questor share tip: Diageo hit by emerging market slowdown Telegraph - Sun, Apr 20, 2014 22:47 BST
The world biggest drinks company has admitted that fears of a slowdown in emerging markets has become a reality, says Questor.
- Sunday share tips: Associated British Foods, Telford Homes, Gulf Keystone Sharecast - Sun, Apr 20, 2014 22:24 BST
Research from Redburn Partners shows that markets have new-found faith in Primark, the retail arm of Associated British Foods. Yet investors may have cause to be wary. The company's stock price has risen ...
- Primark to report 13pc sales rise Telegraph - Sun, Apr 20, 2014 21:08 BST
Discount clothing chain will release results one year after Bangladesh factory collapse
- Diageo's emerging markets party is starting to wind down Telegraph - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 21:21 BST
Diageo, like many other consumer companies, has been caught off guard by the severity of the slowdown in China
- Market overview: ARM Holdings and Schroders lead gains Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 19:06 BST
1630: Close UK stocks ended the day moderately in the blue, led by gains in ARM Holdings and Schroders. Barclays outperformed on investors' anticipation of a strategy update, including plans for the lender's ...
- Europe close: Stocks rise as US initial jobless claims beat estimates Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 18:03 BST
European stocks climbed after a better-than-expected report on US weekly jobless claims.
- European shares end higher on upbeat U.S. company results Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:42 BST
European equities finished higher on Thursday after losing ground earlier in the session, with upbeat results from major U.S. companies like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and General Electric improving ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (April 17) Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:14 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS None NEW LISTINGS None EXTENSIONS AND OTHER CHANGES None FIRST-STAGE ...
- Financials nudge FTSE to 1-week closing high as US earnings reassure Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:00 BST
* Upbeat Morgan Stanley, Goldman results lift UK financials * RSA buoyed by sale of Baltics, Poland operations * Diageo (LSE: DGE.L - news) falls after posting lower sales * London stock market closed on Friday and Monday