- 3 post-Brexit picks I’d buy now Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 07:05 BST
Barratt Developments plc (LON:BDEV), Aviva plc (LON:AV) and AstraZeneca plc (LON:AZN) are three candidates for your watch list.
- Here’s what Neil Woodford has been buying and selling since the Brexit vote Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 15:58 BST
How has the UK's most renowned investor reacted to the referendum result? Here's what Neil Woodford has been up to.
- Galenica to buy biotech firm Relypsa for $1.5 bln, ahead of split Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 09:30 BST
Galenica has agreed to buy Relypsa (Xetra: 0RY.DE - news) for $1.53 billion, paying a big premium for the Californian biotech company to strengthen its Vifor Pharma unit ahead of splitting up the Swiss healthcare group. Galenica, which owns Switzerland's largest pharmacy network and the Vifor specialty pharmaceuticals …
- Britain's FTSE climbs to 11-month closing high as insurers rise Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 17:20 BST
Britain's top shares index climbed to its highest closing level in 11 months on Wednesday, boosted by a rise in insurance stocks, although a slump in Anglo American pushed down the mining sector. The blue-chip ...
- Your inhaler's watching you: drugmakers race for smart devices Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 13:42 BST
Makers of inhalers to treat asthma and chronic lung disease are racing to develop a new generation of smart devices with sensors to monitor if patients are using their puffers properly. Drugmakers believe giving patients and doctors the ability to check inhaler use in this way could be a big help in proving the value of …
- Three great shares to buy after this week’s updates? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 11:22 BST
Do updates make Severn Trent plc (LON: SVT), Alliance Pharma plc (LON: APH) and BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) into must-buys?
- Britain's FTSE rallies though miners lag Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 10:14 BST
UK shares advanced on Wednesday, supported by recent currency weakness and gains in healthcare stocks, though miners fell after updates from Anglo American and BHP Billiton. The FTSE 100 index was up 0.4 ...
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Busy day for Mrs May, euro zone checks its pulse Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 08:23 BST
We are beginning to see the first signs of Brexit stress in economic indicators, as well as in gloomy projections from the likes of the International Monetary Fund and European Commission. Germany's ZEW investor sentiment index yesterday - a pulse taken entirely after the British referendum - was dire, falling from plus …
- 4 perfect stocks for ‘Brexit Britain’! Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 07:00 BST
Royston Wild reveals a cluster of stocks waiting to deliver plump shareholder returns.
- Judge refuses to block generic versions of AstraZeneca's Crestor Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 23:58 BST
U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss in Washington, D.C. ruled that AstraZeneca was not likely to win a lawsuit claiming it should get seven more years of exclusive rights to the drug thanks to its recent approval to treat a rare pediatric illness. Generic drugmakers including Novartis AG (LSE: 0QLR.L - news) unit Sandoz, …
- U.S. FDA panel backs Valeant psoriasis drug with risk program Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 21:22 BST
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE: VRX - news) Inc's experimental drug to treat the skin disorder psoriasis should be approved as long as certain measures are put in place to mitigate the risk of suicide, an advisory committee to the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . The FDA is not obliged to follow the advice …
- Fidelity Chief Backs May's Pay Crackdown Sky News - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 21:09 BST
One of the City's top investors is to come out in support of Theresa May's plan for a crackdown on City pay that will give investors a binding annual vote on big boardroom reward packages. Sky News has learnt that Dominic Rossi, the chief investment officer at Fidelity International, will declare on Wednesday that the …
- U.S. FDA panel backs Valeant psoriasis drug with risk management Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 20:25 BST
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc's experimental drug to treat the skin disorder psoriasis should be approved as long as certain measures are put in place to mitigate the risk of suicide, an advisory ...
- Novartis in no rush to sell down stake on GSK consumer venture Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 14:20 BST
Novartis (LSE: 0QLR.L - news) is happy with the performance of its consumer health joint venture with GlaxoSmithKline (Other OTC: GLAXF - news) , in which the Swiss drugmaker has a minority stake, and is in no rush to exit the collaboration early, its chief executive said. There has been speculation that Novartis might …
- Will GlaxoSmithKline plc and AstraZeneca plc continue to be Brexit winners? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 19, 2016 07:10 BST
Brexit isn't the only factor driving recent share price growth at GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), says Harvey Jones.
- SoftBank to buy UK chip designer ARM in $32 bln cash deal Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 16:00 BST
TOKYO/LONDON, July 18 (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank will buy Britain's most valuable technology company ARM for $32 billion in cash, an audacious attempt to lead the next wave of digital innovation with a chip designer that powers the global mobile phone industry. Led by the charismatic Japanese investor, Masayoshi Son, …
- Are these 3 stocks due for a serious price correction? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 10:35 BST
Should you sell up and walk away from these three shares or are there good times ahead?
- These 5 FTSE 100 stars are looking far too cheap! Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 07:00 BST
Royston Wild reveals a cluster of FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) giants going at ridiculously low prices.
- Valeant psoriasis drug's suicide risk hard to assess -FDA Staff Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 14:30 BST
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE: VRX - news) Inc's experimental drug to treat the skin disorder psoriasis carries a potential risk of suicide that is challenging to assess due to limited data, according to a preliminary review by the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . The review comes two days ahead of a meeting …
- Valeant psoriasis drug safety challenging to assess -FDA Staff Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 13:26 BST
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc's experimental drug to treat the skin disorder psoriasis carries several potential risks that are challenging to assess due to limited controlled data, a preliminary ...
- Is it too late to buy rapid risers ARM Holdings plc, WPP plc ord 10p and Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 07:10 BST
Edward Sheldon looks at whether it's too late to buy fast movers ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM), WPP plc ord 10p (LON: WPP) and Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc (LON: HIK).
- Do positive trading updates mean it’s time to buy Experian plc, B&M European Value Retail SA & Animalcare Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 11:20 BST
Can positive momentum continue for Experian plc (LON: EXPN), Animalcare Group plc (LON: ANCR) and B&M European Value Retail SA (LON: BME)?
- BUZZ-GSK dividend looks safe post-Brexit, even with new CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 11:06 BST
** Jefferies analysts upgrade GlaxoSmithKline to buy from hold with 2,000p PT on growing confidence in drugmaker's 4.9% dividend yield. Stock up 1.5% at 1,670p ** Say fears of a dividend cut linked to ...
- 3 shares Neil Woodford backs despite Brexit ‘sideshow’ Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 07:20 BST
Britain's well-respected fund manager sees bigger problems for Britain than Brexit. This is what he holds to defend against them.
- Grab this 5% yield while you still can! Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 07:10 BST
This high-yield income play may not be so cheap for all that long.
- Are AstraZeneca plc, Purplebricks Group plc and Hargreaves Lansdown plc doomed to fail? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 07:00 BST
Should you avoid these three stocks? AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Purplebricks Group plc (LON: PURP) and Hargreaves Lansdown plc (LON: HL).
- AIRSHOW-Airbus sees Super Puma future but no quick helicopter market rebound Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 20:20 BST
Airbus has no plans to scrap its Super Puma helicopter in the wake of a crash that killed 13 people in Norway, the head of its helicopter division said on Wednesday, but he warned the market would remain weak at least until the end of 2017. The Super Puma, a staple of the offshore oil industry, was grounded for commercial …
- AIRSHOW-U.S. arms sales approvals on track to reach nearly $40 bln Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 10:36 BST
Britain's vote to leave the European Union should not affect its relationship with the United States, or potential future arms sale, Rixey said, citing two large UK arms purchases of Boeing Co (NYSE: BA - news) equipment announced on Monday. Rixey has launched 40 separate initiatives to streamline the foreign arms sales …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Dow, S&P 500 hit record highs on greater risk tolerance Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 18:15 BST
Major U.S. stock indexes set record intraday highs on Tuesday as optimism about the world economy and upbeat corporate results from Alcoa boosted risk appetite, while European shares rose for the fourth ...
- Shire on a roll as U.S. approves keenly awaited eye drug Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 13:16 BST
Shire (Xetra: S7E.DE - news) has won U.S. approval for its most important new medicine, a treatment for dry eyes, in a fresh boost for the company which completed its $32 billion acquisition of U.S. rare diseases specialist Baxalta last month. Investors are looking for more good news next month when Shire reports quarterly …
- Should you buy Shire plc, Marks and Spencer Group plc and Amec Foster Wheeler plc following today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 12:56 BST
Royston Wild looks at the latest news surrounding Shire plc (LON: SHP), Marks and Spencer Group plc (LON: MKS) and Amec Foster Wheeler plc (LON: AMFW).
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, sterling rally on stimulus hopes Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 12:36 BST
Europe's STOXX 600 rose 1 percent, helped by strong gains in Daimler (LSE: 0NXX.L - news) and Unicredit (EUREX: DE000A163206.EX - news) , while sterling jumped 1.3 percent against the dollar, pulling further away from a 31-year low hit last week. In Britain, interior minister Theresa May was set to become prime minister …
- Are RhythmOne plc, Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc and Pagegroup plc ‘buys’ after today’s updates? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 11:39 BST
Should you pile-in to these three stocks right now? RhythmOne plc (LON: RTHM), Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc (LON: DPH) and Pagegroup plc (LON: PAGE).
- Risk rally on as European shares rise for fourth straight session Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 09:44 BST
European shares rose on Tuesday, led by cyclical sectors responding to some improvement in economic sentiment as the S&P 500 hit a record high on Wall Street and better earnings helped auto makers. The ...
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Tue, Jul 12, 2016 08:45 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FSA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...