- Alexion gets EU approval for drug acquired in Synageva deal Reuters - UK Focus - 49 minutes ago
Ten weeks after closing its $8.4 billion purchase of Synageva BioPharma Corp (NasdaqGS: GEVA - news) , Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc on Tuesday announced European approval for the key drug acquired through the deal, an enzyme-replacement therapy for an ultra-rare, life threatening disease. "This is sort of a momentous year …
- Europe close: Stocks drop on weak Chinese and US data Sharecast - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - European equity markets dropped on Tuesday, kicking the new month off on a downbeat note as weak manufacturing and services data out of the US and China - the latter in particular - ...
- Form 8.3 - Synergy Health Plc Business Wire - 5 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- London open: Stocks open lower on weak Chinese manufacturing data Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks opened in the red on Tuesday after weak Chinese manufacturing data fuelled concerns about the world's second largest economy.
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Trevena, Netflix, Chipotle, Fiat Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures fell sharply on Tuesday after data showed that China's manufacturing sector shrank at its fastest pace in three years and its services sector also showed signs of cooling. Dow ...
- Is Shire PLC A Better Growth Stock Than AstraZeneca plc? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Is Shire PLC (LON: SHP) a better growth play than its larger peer AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN)?
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - 10 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- ECO Animal Health Group plc (“ECO” or the “Company”) 1 st September 2015 Director / PDMR Shareholder The Company announces that Peter Lawrence, executive chairman, has today bought ...
- UK shares head for worst one-day fall in over a week Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
UK shares fell more than 2 percent on Tuesday, set for their worst one-day fall in over a week and with miners hit hardest after a slump in the manufacturing sector in China - the world's biggest commodity ...
- AstraZeneca reboots psoriasis drug in development deal with Valeant Telegraph - 11 hours ago
British-Swedish pharma giant will seek approval for psoriasis drug brodalumab at the end of the year
- London pre-open: Sharp drop seen at start of trading Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London equities are being called to start the morning sharply lower following the release of two reports on the state of Chinese manufacturing, with similar surveys scheduled for release ...
- AstraZeneca and Valeant to partner up on psoriasis drug brodalumab Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - AstraZeneca has entered into a collaboration agreement with Valeant Pharmaceuticals International under which it will grant an exclusive license for Valeant to develop and commercialise ...
- Why Now Is The Perfect Time For Me To Buy GlaxoSmithKline plc And Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc Fool.co.uk - 12 hours ago
These 2 stocks look set to post stunning gains: GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc (LON: DPH)
- London midday: Disappointing UK and Chinese PMIs send stocks lower Sharecast - 20 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday after disappointing Chinese and UK manufacturing data.
- Ex-divs to take 0.80 points off FTSE 100 on Sept. 3 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 13:34 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Japan eyes defence budget hike to fortify island chain facing China Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 07:31 BST
Japan's Ministry of Defense is seeking a fourth straight annual military budget hike to help fortify the country's far-flung island chain in the East China Sea, close to ocean territory claimed by Beijing. If approved, the new defence budget would be Japan's biggest in 14 years. China's military budget for this year rose …
- European heart experts okay longer use of blood thinners Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Aug 29, 2015 14:21 BST
European heart experts on Saturday endorsed the potential use of multiple blood thinning drugs for heart attack patients beyond one year, in a move that may boost demand for AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN - news) 's Brilinta. New European Society of Cardiology (ESC) guidelines state for the first time that use of so-called P2Y12 …
- Baxalta makes $2bn move for rival after shunning Shire Telegraph - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 23:55 BST
Baxalta dismissed a $30bn offer from FTSE-100-listed Shire as being too low
- FDA warns of severe joint pain risk with DPP-4 diabetes drugs Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 21:23 BST
A class of diabetes drugs that include Merck (Jakarta: 28586808.JK - news) & Co Inc's Januvia has been linked with severe joint pain, the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . The FDA said it had identified 33 cases of severe joint pain in patients taking a class of drugs known as DPP-4 inhibitors between Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK …
- Drugmaker Baxalta in talks to buy Ariad - Bloomberg Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 20:06 BST
Drugmaker Baxalta Inc is in talks to buy Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc to boost its oncology business, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Talks continue with Ariad, a developer of ...
- Week ahead: US jobs data and ECB policy meeting on the horizon Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 19:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - All eyes will be on the latest US jobs data in the coming week.
- Baxalta in talks to buy U.S. hematology-oncology specialist - Bloomberg Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 18:31 BST
Drugmaker Baxalta Inc is working with bankers to buy a U.S.-based hematology and oncology specialist valued at about $2 billion, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. The target could ...
- How Safe Are These 5%-plus Yields? GlaxoSmithKline plc, HSBC Holdings plc, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, SSE plc And Standard Chartered PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 15:33 BST
Yields aren't guaranteed, which is a worry for investors in GlaxoSmithKline (LON: GSK), HSBC Holdings (LON: HSBA), Royal Dutch Shell (LON: RDSB), SSE plc (LON: SSE) And Standard Chartered PLC (LON: STAN)...
- Why I’d Buy Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc, Hold Shire plc & Sell AstraZeneca plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 11:13 BST
Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (LON:HIK), Shire plc (LON:SHP) and AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN) are very different investment propositions, argues this Fool.
- London midday: Investors remain on sidelines ahead of US data Sharecast - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 01:27 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors stayed on the sidelines ahead of the release of a fresh batch of economic data Stateside in the afternoon, despite optimistic calls from many strategists.
- U.S. OKs $3 bln upgrade of Boeing Apache helicopters for UK Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 23:25 BST
The U.S. government has approved Britain's request to have 50 of its older model Apache helicopters refurbished and upgraded by Boeing Co and other U.S. companies, a deal valued at around $3 billion, the ...
- FDA proposes adding suffixes to distinguish biosimilar drug names Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 23:19 BST
Food and Drug Administration proposed on Thursday identifying cheaper versions of biologic drugs with a suffix to distinguish them from their more expensive, branded counterparts. The FDA said its draft guidance is designed to prevent the inadvertent substitution of non-interchangeable products and to make it easier to …
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners push higher, StanChart rebounds from recent losses Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 16:46 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's top-flight index was firmly on the font foot on Thursday, with miners pacing the advance, as Asian markets stabilised following intervention from the People's Bank of China, ...
- London open: Stocks rise as China concerns ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 10:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks on Thursday dusted off the previous day's slump as concerns on China's shrinking economy persisted.
- Why Growth Is Expected To Take Off At GlaxoSmithKline plc, Barclays PLC, Associated British Foods plc & Workspace Group PLC ORD GBP1 Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 09:19 BST
Royston Wild details the terrific growth potential of GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), WORKSPACE GROUP PLC ORD GBP1 (LON: WKP) and Associated British Foods plc (LON: ABF).
- London midday: Stocks regain strength as China woes ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 01:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - The UK equities market was looking brighter on Thursday as worries on the China slowdown eased after the central bank injected fresh stimulus.
- Oshkosh sees moderate hiring after U.S. Army truck deal award Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 00:53 BST
Oshkosh Corp will dominate the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . "This contract provides nice stability for our defense business for the long term," Oshkosh Chief Executive Charlie Szews said in an interview on Tuesday. The contract win lifted Oshkosh shares nearly 7 percent on Wednesday, helping reverse losses after Oshkosh …
- Japan struggles to woo Australia in bid for $35 bln submarine contract Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 23:19 BST
Japan's effort to charm Australian politicians and the public over its bid for a A$50 billion ($35.60 billion) submarine project appeared to stumble on Wednesday, with officials from Tokyo resisting pressure to commit to building the vessels in Australia. Japanese defence officials and executives from Mitsubishi Heavy …
- London close: Stocks drop as investors dwell on China slowdown Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 19:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK equities dropped on Wednesday as China's economic slowdown continued to weigh on investors' minds.
- Thursday preview: US economic growth picks up second quarter, analysts estimate Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:27 BST
(ShareCast News) - As worries over China's slowdown persist, the US will be hoping for positive news closer to home with the release of gross domestic product data on Thursday.
- FTSE 100 movers: Weir Group rallies on Schlumberger deal; WPP drops after results Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was up 0.2% to 6,091 by 1352 BST, recovering from earlier losses, although worries about a slowdown in China continued to unsettle investors.