- European shares edge lower; Alstom rises on contract win Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
European shares were down slightly in opening deals on Monday with Stada among the leading losers after shares in the German drugmaker went ex-dividend, but Alstom soared after a contract win. The pan-European ...
- Britain's FTSE gains after Yellen comments, Glencore rallies Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 17:16 BST
Britain's top share index rose on Friday after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen indicated that a U.S. interest rate rise could come later this year, a relief for investors after last week's hawkish comments from some Fed policymakers. The blue chip FTSE 100 was up 21.15 points, or 0.3 percent, at 6,838.05 points by the …
- INVESTMENT FOCUS-From toilets to trainers, search for yield finds unlikely shares Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 14:38 BST
European equities have defied the gloom and doom predicted after Britain voted to leave the European Union, and record-high gains by stocks like Adidas and Just Eat suggest investors are looking for growth anywhere they can find it. As interest rates turn negative, economic growth slows and inflation remains stubbornly …
- How safe is GlaxoSmithKline plc’s dividend? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 11:09 BST
Are dividends built to endure at GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), or is trouble ahead?
- Britain's FTSE edges lower as pharmaceuticals weigh again Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 10:11 BST
Britain's top share index edged lower on Friday, set to finish the week with falls as recent weakness in the pharmaceuticals continued, with investors wary over political risk in the sector. By 0900 GMT, ...
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 08:49 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...
- Lung cancer doctors eye Merck's Keytruda over Bristol's Opdivo Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 23:08 BST
Recent clinical trial results are likely to lead doctors to treat more patients who have a common form of lung cancer with a Merck (LSE: 0O14.L - news) drug at the expense of a Bristol-Myers Squibb medication at least until more data emerges, oncologists and analysts say. The yet-to-be-published studies involve drugs …
- European shares end lower on weaker miners and drugmakers Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 17:12 BST
European equities fell on Thursday, dragged down by weaker miners and drugmakers, with investors cutting their exposure to riskier assets ahead of a key speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on ...
- Britain's FTSE retreats as pharma stocks fall Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 16:44 BST
UK shares fell on Thursday, extending losses from the previous session as healthcare stocks dropped, though CRH rose after well-received results. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was down 0.3 percent at 6,816.90 ...
- BUZZ-European pharma: top fallers on Stoxx 600 amid pricing pressure concern Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 09:58 BST
** Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Shire, Qiagen , BB Biotech fall 3-5 pct ** Track weakness overnight in US healthcare, dragged down by >5% drop in Mylan as political pressure mounted on company after price ...
- European shares pull back, weighed down by pharma, miners Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 09:56 BST
European shares fell on Thursday, weighed down by losses among pharma and mining sector stocks, while firms such as Sunrise and Ahold were lifted by well received earning updates. The pan-European STOXX ...
- Is Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc the best FTSE 100 healthcare stock to own after today’s update? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 11:40 BST
Edward Sheldon looks at Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc's (LON: HIK) interim results statement and examines whether the long-term growth story is still intact.
- What does AstraZeneca plc’s deal with Pfizer mean for shareholders? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 10:56 BST
Should you buy, sell or hold AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN) after the company's Pfizer deal?
- AstraZeneca sells part of antibiotics unit to Pfizer AFP - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 09:32 BST
- Pfizer to buy antibiotics business from AstraZeneca Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 08:44 BST
Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca has agreed to sell its small molecule antibiotics business to Pfizer Inc in a deal that could be valued at more than $1.5 billion. AstraZeneca, which saw off a $120 billion ...
- AstraZeneca to sell antibiotics business to Pfizer Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 24, 2016 07:15 BST
Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca said it had agreed to sell its small molecule antibiotics business to Pfizer in a deal that could reach more than $1.5 billion. The portfolio includes approved antibiotics ...
- Which of these Neil Woodford dividend stocks should you buy today? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:42 BST
Roland Head takes a look at two of star fund manager Neil Woodford's top income holdings.
- Pfizer to acquire Medivation for $14 billion AFP - Mon, Aug 22, 2016 16:23 BST
- Director/PDMR Shareholding - Replacement Business Wire - Mon, Aug 22, 2016 16:02 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- The issuer advises that the following replaces the ECO Animal Health Group plc Director/PDMR Shareholding announcement released at 15:23 BST today. The figures in section 4c) of ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Mon, Aug 22, 2016 15:23 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- ECO Animal Health Group plc ("ECO" or the "Company") Director/PDMR Shareholding and Notification The Company, LEI NO: 01818170 was notified today by the following ...
- Are these 3 top stocks still mighty income machines? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 22, 2016 14:36 BST
The search for a higher yield on your savings should start with these three stocks, says Harvey Jones.
- 3 blue chip bargains you can’t afford to miss! Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 22, 2016 07:05 BST
Royston Wild looks at three FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stars dealing far too cheaply at current prices.
- Now is the perfect time to buy these 3 healthcare stocks! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 08:58 BST
These three companies have stunning long-term return potential.
- BUZZ-OncoMed Pharmaceuticals: Set to open at 3-mth low after equity raise Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 14:05 BST
** OncoMed Pharmaceuticals down 15 pct premarket after cancer drug developer prices its follow-on launched after the bell Wed at a steep discount ** If losses hold, stock set to open at lowest levels since ...
- 3 stocks to help you retire early Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 08:13 BST
Retirement planning requires a long-term view and these three shares could bring retirement a big step closer.
- Is it time to take profits on GlaxoSmithKline plc and AstraZeneca plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 16, 2016 09:38 BST
After recent gains is it time to sell GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN)?
- These FTSE 100 stars have exploded in Q3! And they’re not finished yet Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 15, 2016 15:36 BST
Royston Wild considers the share price potential of three FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) fireworks.
- Why are these three shares climbing today? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 15, 2016 12:14 BST
These three shares are on the way up, so are they worth buying?
- U.S. agency denies petition to reclassify marijuana Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 12, 2016 02:16 BST
Drug Enforcement Administration on Thursday denied requests to stop classifying marijuana as a dangerous drug with no medical use, leaving users and businesses in limbo after many states have legalized it for medical or recreational purposes. The DEA though did relax certain restrictions on growing marijuana for research …
- AstraZeneca wins UK cost approval for longer use of heart drug Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 12, 2016 00:01 BST
Long term use of AstraZeneca's blood thinner Brilinta has been recommended as a cost-effective option for treating patients after a heart attack, Britain's healthcare cost watchdog NICE said on Friday. ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (Aug 11) Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 16:57 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- U.S. paint company Sherwin-Williams Co to acquire U.S. rival Valspar ...
- AstraZeneca bets another $140 mln on Moderna's "messenger" drugs Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 15:41 BST
AstraZeneca has invested another $140 million in Moderna Therapeutics, the U.S. biotech "unicorn" which already has a cash pile of around $1 billion and is developing drugs based on a molecule ...
- Is this stock the best buy in its sector following today’s update? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 09:57 BST
Should you buy this stock over two industry peers?
- BUZZ-Smith & Nephew: top FTSE 100 losers after Barclays downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 09:19 BST
** Shares in Smith & Nephew, Europe's largest maker of artificial hips and knees, down 1.3 pct and bottom of the FTSE 100 ** Barclays cuts rating on stock to "equal-weight" from "overweight", ...
- Are GlaxoSmithKline plc and GW Pharmaceuticals plc simply too expensive? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 9, 2016 14:10 BST
How much should you pay for GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK) and GW Pharmaceuticals plc (LON:GWP)?