- Lockheed F-35s finish at-sea test flights as US Navy warms to new jet Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
U.S. Navy Rear Admiral John Haley, commander of Naval Air Force Atlantic, said developmental testing of the F-35C, the carrier variant of the new stealthy fighter jet, had been "pretty doggone good" compared with earlier aircraft.
- London close: Mining and metal stocks help end week on a high Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Glencore led mining shares higher as investors welcomed its decision to cut 500,000 tonnes or around a third of its annual zinc production as it looks to combat declining prices.
- Week ahead: Inflation figures in UK, China and US flood market Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Inflation data in the UK, China and the US will be in the spotlight this coming week.
- Are Unilever plc, Ted Baker plc, SABMiller PLC And Hutchison China MediTech Limited The Hottest Emerging Market Stocks Out There? Fool.co.uk - 12 hours ago
Royston Wild explains the merits of investing in Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), Ted Baker plc (LON: TED), SABMiller PLC (LON: SAB) and Hutchison China MediTech Limited (LON: HCM).
- FTSE 100 movers: Glencore rises as zinc output cut; Investors happy with StanChart report Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was up 63.88 points (1.00%) to 6,438.70 mid-afternoon Friday, rallying on the back of Thursday's release of the Federal Reserve minutes.
- Form 8.3 - Synergy Health Plc Business Wire - 13 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- AstraZeneca pauses two lung cancer drug combination trials Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 9 (Reuters) - AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN - news) has temporarily halted two clinical trials combining experimental drugs to treat lung cancer, following reports of lung disease in some patients, the company said on Friday. The trials involve giving its drug AZD9291, which is currently …
- J&J starts vaccine trial in Sierra Leone, even as Ebola fades Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 9 (Reuters) - Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ - news) has begun a clinical trial of a two-shot Ebola vaccine in Sierra Leone, underlining its determination to push ahead with development, even as the epidemic fades out in West Africa. The new study will investigate the experimental product's …
- The Bull Case For GlaxoSmithKline plc Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
Here's why GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) could be a top notch performer
- London open: Stocks rise after BoE, ECB and Fed meeting minutes Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were in positive territory on Friday as investors continued to analyse policy meeting minutes from the Bank of England, European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve.
- London midday: Rally in mining stocks boost equities Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 01:01 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE advanced on Friday at midday, driven by a rally in mining stocks as metal prices rose.
- London close: Stocks rise after BoE and ECB meeting minutes Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks gained after the Bank of England decided to keep interest rates unchanged and the European Central Bank suggested it might consider further stimulus.
- FTSE 100 movers: Tesco moves back up the chain Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a slow start to the morning, the FTSE 100 was up 16.74 points (0.26%) to 6,353.09 by mid-afternoon.
- FTSE 250 movers: Dunelm rallies on strong sales; Hays tumbles on cautious outlook Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:52 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was down 0.3% to 16,978.38 at 1430 BST, as investors digested news that the Bank of England has decided to stand pat on interest rates and the size of its asset ...
- Is Now The Time To Invest In AstraZeneca plc, Indivior plc And Skyepharma plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 09:16 BST
Stock market turmoil could have uncovered value in AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Indivior plc (LON: INDV) and Skyepharma plc (LON: SKP)
- Should You Buy High-Yielding GlaxoSmithKline plc, Vodafone Group plc & Berkeley Group Holdings plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 06:39 BST
How reliable are the dividends from GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK), Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) and Berkeley Group Holdings plc (LON:BKG)?
- London midday: Stocks rise as BoE votes to keep interest rates unchanged Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 01:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks recovered slightly from losses earlier on Thursday as the Bank of England decided to keep interest rates unchanged.
- Scientists call for urgent trials to judge flu drugs for pandemics Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 00:00 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 8 (Reuters) - Scientists still don't know if two commonly-used flu drugs -- Roche's Tamiflu and GlaxoSmithKline (Other OTC: GLAXF - news) 's Relenza -- really work in seasonal or pandemic flu outbreaks and say robust clinical trials are urgently needed to find out. While such medicines …
- U.S. formally ends fight with Steris over Synergy merger Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 17:25 BST
U.S. antitrust enforcers on Wednesday formally dropped opposition to U.S. medical technology firm Steris Corp's plan to merge with British sterilization services provider Synergy Health Plc. The Federal ...
- Should You Buy AstraZeneca plc, Premier Oil PLC, John Wood Group PLC And Tricorn Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 14:42 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Premier Oil PLC (LON: PMO), John Wood Group PLC (LON: WG) and Tricorn Group plc (LON: TCN).
- BUZZ-Shire: falling share price puts Baxalta deal under strain Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 13:11 BST
** Continuing weakness in Shire's share price putting deal to acquire Baxalta under strain as synergies evaporate, according to traders and analysts ** Original offer of 0.1687 Shire ADRs for every Baxalta ...
- How My Quality Portfolio Stacks Up Against The Chaos In The FTSE 100 Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 11:20 BST
This Fool reviews the ups and downs from their selection of quality stocks against the volatile FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- TranScrip strengthens its Board Business Wire - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 11:01 BST
READING, England--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TranScrip is delighted to announce that it has made two recent additions to its Board, Dr Frank Armstrong and Dr Linda Summerton. Dr Frank Armstrong was appointed a Partner ...
- London open: Mining shares lift equities higher Sharecast - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 10:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks advanced on Wednesday, lifted higher by mining shares as metal prices rose.
- Are Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BT Group plc And GlaxoSmithKline plc Brilliant Bargains Or Value Traps? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 08:01 BST
Royston Wild discusses whether investors should be sucked in by low prices over at Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK).
- London midday: Stocks rise on growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output Sharecast - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 01:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose after reports showed better-than-expected growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output in August.
- Shares in Acacia Mining plummet on 'disappointing' production update Telegraph - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 18:58 BST
The FTSE enjoys gains for a fifth consecutive trading session, but Acacia Mining falters after third-quarter production disappoints.
- London close: Stocks end higher as miners and oil producers rally Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE reversed an earlier decline on Tuesday to end higher, led by mining and energy producers as oil and base metal prices rallied.
- FTSE 100 movers: Shell in confident mood; SABMiller plunges as informal offer rejected Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 15:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a slow start, the FTSE 100 was up 22.23 points (0.35%) to 6,321.15 mid-afternoon Tuesday.
- Sibanye Gold does not plan job cuts after offer to buy Aquarius Platinum Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 11:12 BST
South Africa's Sibanye Gold has no plans to cut jobs and will keep its dividend policy unchanged after its offer to acquire Aquarius Platinum for $294 million, its chief executive said on Tuesday. Sibanye ...
- Abcam’s New Anti-PD-L1 Antibody Enables Deeper Insights into Cancer Immunology Research Business Wire - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 11:12 BST
CAMBRIDGE, England--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Clone 28-8 provides researchers with knockout validated antibody to critical checkpoint inhibitor Abcam plc, a global leader in the supply of life sciences research ...
- London open: Stocks fall as investors weigh earnings Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 10:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday as traders sifted through earnings releases.
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy AstraZeneca plc, Greggs plc And Stanley Gibbons Group PLC? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 09:50 BST
Are these 3 stocks ripe for investment? AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Greggs plc (LON: GRG) and Stanley Gibbons Group PLC (LON: SGI)
- S.Africa's Sibanye Gold offers $294 mln to buy Aquarius Platinum Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 08:53 BST
JOHANNESBURG, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 6 (Reuters) - South Africa's Sibanye Gold has offered to acquire Aquarius Platinum for $294 million, its latest thrust into the platinum sector which has been hammered by falling prices and rising costs. Sibanye said in a statement that its offer valued Aquarius at $294 million, …
- London midday: Stocks fall as Citigroup cuts FTSE 100 year-end target Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 01:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell as Citigroup cut its 2015 year-end target for the FTSE 100 to 6900 from 7400 following downgrades to economic growth and the rising risk from China.