- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Aviva: Jefferies reiterates buy and ups target to 630p from 608p.
- Week ahead: Non-farm payrolls and UK retail results to steal the show Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Next week is set to be a busy one for financial markets in London with investors having to digest a flurry of global economic data and corporate results from a number of prominent UK retailers.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - 21 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) SJP was notified on 27 March 2015 of the following changes in SJP shares held by the Executive Directors, Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibilities ...
- Dealing Disclosure - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - 23 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose ...
- 3 Growth Stocks Primed To Detonate: Prudential plc, Ashtead Group plc And easyJet plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 09:22 GMT
Royston Wild explains why the bottom line at Prudential plc (LON: PRU), Ashtead Group plc (LON: AHT) and easyJet plc (LON: EZJ) is poised for take-off.
- UK lawmakers slam financial watchdog over insurance debacle Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 00:01 GMT
Britain's financial regulator broke its own rules by failing to keep markets orderly when it mishandled the announcement of a review into life insurance policies, lawmakers said on Friday. In a scathing 89-page report, the lawmakers said the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) should report back in six months on how it has …
- Sector Movers: FTSE 100 led down by tech, insurance and financial stocks Sharecast - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 17:18 GMT
Thursday trading put the FTSE 100 firmly in the red with technology, life insurance and financial services sectors bearing the brunt of bearish market sentiment.
- Bank of England to quiz fund managers over short-notice redemptions Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 16:18 GMT
The Bank of England said on Thursday that it planned to quiz British asset managers about whether they could cope with a flood of investors asking for their money back in times of market stress. The central bank said it was concerned that some financial markets -- including those for fixed income assets -- may be less …
- Lloyd's of London 2014 profits flat, returns fall Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 07:51 GMT
The Lloyd's of London insurance market posted unchanged profits for 2014 and a lower return on capital, pressured by increasing competition. Ninety-four syndicates underwrite insurance at Lloyd's, housed in one of the most recognisable buildings in London's main financial district, with listed companies including Catlin …
- JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc. Announces Addition of Environmental Team Business Wire - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 12:00 GMT
JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc. (JLT Specialty USA), a US subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc. (JLT), one of the world’s leading Specialty-focused providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services, today announced the addition of an environmental …
- DISCLOSURE FORM - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 11:59 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose CATLIN ...
- 3 Neil Woodford High-Income Blue Chips For Your ISA: GlaxoSmithKline plc, SSE PLC And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 08:52 GMT
Income seekers should take a look at Woodford picks GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK), SSE PLC (LON:SSE) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON:LGEN).
- 3 Great Value Stocks For Your ISA: Vodafone Group plc, Old Mutual plc And Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 15:32 GMT
These 3 stocks could transform your ISA: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)
- DISCLOSURE FORM - CATLIN GROUP LTD - Amendment Business Wire - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 14:13 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM AMENDMENT TO 2(A) and Purchases and Sales 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) ...
- Allianz lead underwriter for crashed Germanwings Airbus plane - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 12:47 GMT
Allianz is the lead insurance underwriter for the Germanwings Airbus A320 plane which crashed in France on Tuesday and AIG was another of the underwriters, insurance industry sources said. Planes are normally ...
- UPDATE 2-Credit Suisse chief earns $9.8 mln after praise over U.S. tax case Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 17:06 GMT
Outgoing Credit Suisse Group AG (CS) boss Brady Dougan took a less than 1 percent cut in pay in the past year, taking home 9.7 million Swiss francs ($9.8 million) after the American executive earned praise for settling a long-running U.S. tax probe. CS had said last month its top staff would take a voluntary pay cut after …
- 5 Stunning Growth Stocks To Boost Your ISA: Standard Life Plc, Glencore PLC, Anglo American plc, Persimmon plc And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 15:06 GMT
These 5 stocks could be all set for stellar returns: Standard Life Plc (LON: SL), Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Anglo American plc (LON: AAL), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN)...
- 3 Super Income Stocks For Your ISA: Banco Santander SA, British American Tobacco plc & RSA Insurance Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:36 GMT
These 3 stocks could make a real difference to your income: Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA).
- 2 Top Stocks For Your ISA: Rio Tinto plc And Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:33 GMT
These 2 stocks have bright futures: Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU). Here's why.
- London open: FTSE pulls back from record on Greek fears Sharecast - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 09:48 GMT
UK stocks pulled back slightly from a record high on Monday morning as investors used developments in Greece as an excuse to take profits.
- L&G chief: bank levy risks mass exodus Telegraph - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 14:20 GMT
Chancellor urged to halt damaging 'bank-bashing’ as Nigel Wilson warns that UK lenders may be forced overseas
- We must take a bolder approach to welfare reform Telegraph - Sat, Mar 21, 2015 12:33 GMT
The Chancellor failed to resolve three crucial issues in his Budget
- FCA Bosses Face MPs' Ire Over Insurance Probe Sky News - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 21:47 GMT
Sky News has learnt that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) will be accused of a "dereliction of duty" in a report to be published by the Treasury Select Committee. John Griffith-Jones, the FCA chairman, and Martin Wheatley, its chief executive, are expected to be singled out for criticism by the MPs, a source said …
- Andersons shares up after Bloomberg report hints Glencore interest Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 18:28 GMT
Shares of U.S.-based agribusiness Andersons Inc jumped more than 6 percent on Friday, outpacing the sector, after a Bloomberg News report speculated that Glencore PLC could be interested in acquiring the ...
- Credit Suisse chief earns $9.8 mln after praise over U.S. tax case Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 11:31 GMT
Outgoing Credit Suisse Group AG (CS) boss Brady Dougan maintained his pay in the past year, taking home 9.7 million Swiss francs ($9.8 million) after the American executive earned praise for settling a long-running U.S. tax probe. CS had said last month its top staff would take a voluntary pay cut after the U.S. probe, …
- Bank of England says will apply new insurance rules "proportionately" Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 11:03 GMT
The Bank of England said on Friday that it would apply new European Union insurance regulations "proportionately", following industry fears that the central bank might seek to add extra rules for companies based in Britain. The so-called Solvency II rules, which take effect in 2016, aim to ensure that insurers such as …
- BUZZ-Noble Group shares jump, snap four-day losing streak Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 01:33 GMT
** Noble Group Ltd shares rise 6.5 pct to S$0.905, up from S$0.845, the lowest since September 2013 hit the previous day ** The 30 pct slump in Noble's share price over the past month has thrust it onto ...
- London midday: Stocks edge higher as Greek worries ebb Sharecast - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 00:31 GMT
London shares were holding higher just past the mid-point of the session but still lagging their Eurozone counterparts, as investors waited for Wall Street to open.
- Ex Moore Capital trader Julian Rifat jailed for insider trading Telegraph - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 17:34 GMT
Senior City figure handed 19 months in prison and six-figure fine for abusing sensitive market information and colluding to make illicit profits
- Ex Moore Capital trader jailed in UK's largest insider dealing probe Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 17:33 GMT
A former trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital was sentenced to 19 months in jail by a London court on Thursday after becoming the third man to plead guilty in Britain's largest insider dealing investigation. Julian Rifat, dubbed "the face of Moore Capital" by investigators, is one of the most high-profile professionals …
- London close: Stocks higher as focus shifts towards Greece Sharecast - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 17:33 GMT
UK equities registered slight gains as traders digested the policy announcement issued by the US Federal Reserve overnight and despite the renewed tensions evident in Greek funding markets.
- Merger Update Business Wire - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 16:31 GMT
XL Group plc (“XL”) and Catlin Group Limited (“Catlin”) announced on 9 January 2015 that they have agreed the terms of a recommended cash and share acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Catlin by XL (the “Acquisition”). XL has today filed a current report on Form 8-K with the U.S. Securities …
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 15:30 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached: ii RSA Insurance ...
- Why Barratt Developments Plc, SKY PLC, Legal & General Group Plc, Marks and Spencer Group Plc & Old Mutual plc Are Soaring Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 13:31 GMT
Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV), SKY PLC (LSE: SKY), Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN), Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON: MKS) And Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) are flying.
- Budget 2015: You'll be better off under the Tories, says IFS Telegraph - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 07:26 GMT
After the Chancellor promised to get Britain "walking tall" again in his last Budget of the parliament, we bring you the best of the reaction to his plans