- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - 11 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc Transactions in shares by Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility (“PDMRs”) Ordinary Shares of £1 each 10 February 2016 On 10 February 2016, RSA Insurance ...
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - 12 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...
- It Could Be Time To Be Greedy And Buy BT Group plc, British Land Company PLC And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
After recent declines, it could be time to buy BT Group plc (LON: BT.A), British Land Company PLC (LON: BLND) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN).
- 25%+ Gains Are On For AstraZeneca plc, Greene King plc And Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
These 3 stocks have huge upside potential: AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Greene King plc (LON: GNK) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU).
- Asia rout continues after FTSE sinks to lowest level since 2012 - as it happened on Tuesday February 9 Telegraph - 21 hours ago
Markets tumbled amid fears over fresh crisis after banking stocks fall to lowest level in nearly four years
- London close: Losses in commodity space weigh on Footsie Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 18:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index finished in the red as losses overnight in Japanese equities filtered through into the European session, with weakness in the market for US energy companies' ...
- Europe close: Bank stocks lead losses again Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 17:30 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Banks dragged the main European stockmarket indices lower again on Tuesday, with investors cautious amid on-going concerns over global growth and the possibility that tensions in some ...
- Neil Woodford sells his Royal Mail shares Telegraph - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 16:36 GMT
Neil Woodford, one of Britain's best-known fund managers, has sold his stake in the privatised firm, citing 'regulatory concerns'
- London midday: Stocks see follow-through selling from Asian session Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 13:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index had slipped into the red come midday as weakness overnight in Japanese equities filtred through into the European session, with weakness in US high-yield debt ...
- Britain's FTSE remains near 3-year lows, banks and miners weigh Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 12:00 GMT
A fall in the shares of major banks and mining stocks kept Britain's top share index near three-year lows on Tuesday, as concerns lingered over the global economy and the health of the financial sector. ...
- Bond anxiety pushes L&G to reveal its porfolio Telegraph - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 11:59 GMT
Insurance and savings firm is sitting on £266m of junk oil debt as part of its £39bn bond pile to fund annuities
- Is Trouble Brewing At Legal & General Group Plc And Aviva plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 10:30 GMT
Shares in Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN) and Aviva plc (LON: AV) have fallen hard this year. Should we be concerned?
- Legal & General updates market on bond portfolio Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 10:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - As it looked to assuage investors' fears over its bond portfolio, insurer and investment manager Legal & General updated the market with details of its annuity bond portfolio on Tuesday....
- London open: Stocks waver in early trade; miners weak Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 09:35 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Stocks in London flitted between small gains and losses as concerns about global growth continued to weigh on investors' minds, with miners suffering the heaviest declines.
- Europe open: Equity markets in the red as bank stocks weigh Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 09:16 GMT
(ShareCast News) - European stocks edged lower in early trade, unable to hold on to opening gains following downbeat sessions in the US and Asia, as concerns over global growth took hold again.
- Europe midday: Stocks on the back foot as investors remain cautious Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 00:13 GMT
(ShareCast News) - European stocks were lower in choppy trade, with investors cautious amid ongoing concerns over global growth.
- ADM to buy Moroccan corn mill to boost sweetener footprint Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 20:16 GMT
The plant in Casablanca (HKSE: 2223-OL.HK - news) , Morocco, would be ADM's first for corn processing in Africa. ADM did not disclose the size of the plant but expects the regional market for starches and sweeteners to grow by 8 percent in the coming years, spokesperson Jackie Anderson said. Chicago-based ADM has been …
- Should You Buy Last Week’s Losers AstraZeneca plc (-8%) & Prudential plc (-10%)? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 15:30 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over blue-chip beauties AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU).
- FTSE 100 movers: Randgold shines after results but ITV slumps on DB note Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 14:52 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was down 1.9% to 5,737.01 at 1420 GMT, tracking broader market losses, although Randgold Resources bucked the trend following well-received results.
- London midday: Chinese currency reserves report sparks selling Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 00:48 GMT
(ShareCast News) - A renewed drop in crude oil futures and another worrisome report on the pace at which China was burning through its foreign currency reserves weighed on the stockmarket on Monday.
- Build Runway At Gatwick, City Chiefs Demand Sky News - Sun, Feb 7, 2016 15:15 GMT
Ministers should sanction the construction of a new runway at Gatwick Airport and end dithering over the crucial issue of aviation capacity, two leading City figures demanded this weekend. Crispin Odey, the billionaire hedge fund manager, and Nigel Wilson, chief executive of Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) , told …
- Better together, maybe, but the break-up calls continue to plague GSK Telegraph - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 19:12 GMT
Witty is making a bit of a hash of convincing the City that Glaxo should remain intact
- Neil Woodford Sells GlaxoSmithKline plc — But Don’t Panic! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 16:53 GMT
There's no need to be alarmed by master investor Neil Woodford selling GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK).
- Can AstraZeneca plc, Prudential plc & Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Escape Their Month Of Misery? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 16:40 GMT
AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) & Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR) have endured a month of hell and there could be further pain to come, says Harvey Jones
- Should You Pick Up Lonmin Plc, Beazley PLC & Xtract Resources PLC On Thursday? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 12:51 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over Thursday shifters Lonmin Plc (LON: LMI), Beazley PLC (LON: BEZ) and Xtract Resources PLC (LON: XTR).
- Beazley moves its tax base back to Britain from Ireland Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 09:08 GMT
Insurance firm has been domiciled in Ireland since 2009
- Legal & General CFO Mark Gregory to step down Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 08:54 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Legal & General's board was looking at losing a long serving member on Thursday, as Group Chief Financial Officer Mark Gregory announced his intention to retire on 31 January 2017.
- FTSE 100 jumps as weak dollar lifts commodities Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 07:29 GMT
Market Report: Miners enjoy best day in seven years
- BUZZ-Prudential: Barclays, SocGen say China concerns overdone Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 14:08 GMT
** Prudential's shares up 4.7 pct, top of the FTSE 100, after Barclays reiterates "overweight" on the stock and Societe Generale keeps "buy" rating ** Stock top of Stoxx 600 Insurance ...
- JLT Specialty USA Appoints Jeff Segall as Senior Vice President and Construction Risk Leader Business Wire - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 13:00 GMT
ATLANTA--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- JLT Specialty USA , a U.S. subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc. (JLT), one of the world’s leading specialty-focused providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee ...
- ABB grapples with profit plunge amid structure overhaul AFP - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 11:19 GMT
- Sainsbury's gets Old Mutual backing for Home Retail bid Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 11:09 GMT
Old Mutual Global Investors , which has a 3.6 percent stake in Argos-owner Home Retail, said on Wednesday it regards Sainsbury (Amsterdam: SJ6.AS - news) 's cash and shares proposal for its holding to be fair. British supermarket Sainsbury's has bid 1.3 billion pounds ($1.9 billion) to take over Home Retail (Other OTC: …
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Tough sell for Cameron on Europe Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 08:22 GMT
Predictably, the reaction in some UK media to David Cameron's deal on Europe is not too enthusiastic. "It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) stinks," said The Sun, adding: "A steaming pile of manure". Today Cameron will be trying to sell the deal in the lower house of parliament while trying to keep his more eurosceptic ministers …
- FTSE 100 movers: BP leads market fallers on losses Sharecast - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 15:31 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was back below 6,000 on Tuesday, dropping 151.22 points (2.5%) to 5,908.88 by mid-afternoon.
- BUZZ-Prudential: falls 8 pct on reports China to tighten capital controls Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 14:44 GMT
** Prudential falls 8.6 pct with traders citing a report that China is taking new steps to control capital outflows ** Bloomberg says currency regulator is taking steps to impose restrictions on buying ...