- Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
A subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings, one of the shareholders who helped keep Bank of Ireland out of state hands in 2011, is selling half of its remaining stake in the Irish lender, the bank managing ...
- St. Jude Medical Receives CE Mark Approval for Full Body MR Conditional Labeling for the Proclaim Elite Spinal Cord Stimulation System Business Wire - Thu, Dec 8, 2016 13:00 GMT
- Why Novae Group plc shares got slashed by 20% today Fool.co.uk - Thu, Dec 8, 2016 11:37 GMT
Why shares in Novae Group plc (LON: NVA) are sliding today and why it shouldn't come as a surprise to seasoned investors.
- MOVES-Pemberton hires Challis as portfolio manager Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 7, 2016 13:45 GMT
Pemberton, the asset management group backed by Legal and General, has hired Robin Challis as a portfolio manager, the company announced. Challis will work closely with Ben Gulliver, who recently joined ...
- RBS settles rights issue lawsuits at cost of £800m Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 12:40 GMT
LONDON, Dec (Shanghai: 600875.SS - news) 5 (IFR) - Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) has settled legal claims with the majority of shareholders who alleged they were misled in the state-backed bank's £12bn rights issue in 2008, and had already set aside £800m to cover the cost. RBS said on Monday it had reached …
- RBS agrees $1 billion payout over 2008 fundraising case Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Dec 5, 2016 09:40 GMT
LONDON, Dec (Shanghai: 600875.SS - news) 5 (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) has reached a settlement with the majority of shareholder groups over allegations it misled them during a fundraising at the height of the financial crisis, but still has to strike a deal with thousands of smaller retail …
- Lloyds to net millions as RBS settles over Goodwin cash call Sky News - Sat, Dec 3, 2016 15:32 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) (RBS) is to pay out millions of pounds to a rival state-backed lender as part of a settlement of shareholders' legal claims to be unveiled next week. Sky News has learnt that Scottish Widows, the insurance and pensions division of Lloyds Banking Group, will be among the recipients …
- RBS on brink of huge payouts over Goodwin’s £12bn rights issue Sky News - Sat, Dec 3, 2016 02:50 GMT
The state-backed Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) (RBS) is this weekend on the verge of agreeing to pay out hundreds of millions of pounds to shareholders over a £12bn fundraising led by former boss Fred Goodwin, even as its executive responsible for conduct and regulatory matters prepares to quit the lender. …
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 13:15 GMT
In conformity with the Disclosure and Transparency Rules, at close of business on 30 November 2016 the Company’s issued share capital consisted of 527,469,496 ordinary shares of 15p each with voting rights. Therefore, the total number of voting rights in St. James’s Place plc is 527,469,496.
- These FTSE 100 shares exploded in November. Can they keep going? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 12:19 GMT
Royston Wild discusses the share price outlook of two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) chargers.
- EMERGING MARKETS-Oil jump and China data lift stocks higher Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 1, 2016 10:52 GMT
Emerging market stocks edged higher on Thursday, but currencies struggled for direction after manufacturing data painted a mixed picture for developing economies while the prospect of rising oil prices ...
- U.S. private jobs, consumer spending data support Fed rate hike Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 16:12 GMT
U.S. private employers stepped up hiring in November and consumer spending increased last month, the latest signs of economic strength that could further cement the case for an interest rate hike from the Federal Reserve next month. The dollar was trading higher against a basket of currencies, while prices for U.S. government …
- Are these the FTSE 100’s best income shares? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 15:44 GMT
Whatever the state of the market, shares paying high dividends are always attractive.
- Searching for possible clues to the UK Government's Brexit strategy Telegraph - Wed, Nov 30, 2016 10:53 GMT
Searching for possible clues to the UK Government's Brexit strategy
- The unheralded M&A deal that might provide a big clue to the UK Government's Brexit strategy Telegraph - Tue, Nov 29, 2016 17:53 GMT
The unheralded M&A deal that might provide a big clue to the UK Government's Brexit strategy
- Why these FTSE 100 stunners are going on my watch list Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 29, 2016 08:53 GMT
Why these two large caps have all the necessary ingredients to continue outperforming the FTSE 100.
- 3 stocks walloping the FTSE 100’s average dividend yield Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 29, 2016 08:39 GMT
Want to beat the FTSE 100's 3.69% dividend yield? Take a closer look at these three income stars.
- Why Aviva plc is still my pick of the insurance sector Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 28, 2016 14:29 GMT
The whole insurance sector looks cheap, and Aviva plc (LON: AV) could be the cheapest.
- Are these the perfect stocks for your SIPP? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 28, 2016 10:12 GMT
Edward Sheldon looks at two high quality companies that could make excellent SIPP holdings.
- Avoid these expensive investment funds Telegraph - Sun, Nov 27, 2016 07:22 GMT
Avoid these expensive investment funds
- 2 dirt-cheap FTSE 100 stocks to buy in December Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 25, 2016 13:05 GMT
These two companies look set to soar.
- 3 high yielders you can’t afford to overlook Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 25, 2016 12:39 GMT
A steady yield is a thing of beauty in today's uncertain world, says Harvey Jones.
- EU mergers and takeovers (Nov 24) Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 24, 2016 17:29 GMT
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- U.S. medical devices maker Abbott Laboratories to acquire U.S. ...
- BUZZ-Chesnara: rises on L&G Dutch arm deal Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 24, 2016 11:32 GMT
** Insurance-focused takeover specialist Chesnara's shares up 6.8 pct, highest in over a month as co says to buy Legal & General's Dutch insurance business in a deal worth 160 mln euros ** Co says to fund ...
- Are these the Footsie’s 3 best dividend growth stocks? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Nov 24, 2016 07:00 GMT
Royston Wild reveals three of the hottest FTSE 100 income stocks out there.
- Britain raises insurance premium tax to 12 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 23, 2016 14:25 GMT
Britain will raise insurance premium tax by two percentage points to 12 percent from June 2017, finance minister Philip Hammond said in his budget statement on Wednesday, the third increase in less than two years. The latest rise in the tax rate on home and motor insurance premiums represents a doubling in the rate compared …
- It’s not too late to buy these FTSE 100 rockets Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 23, 2016 07:23 GMT
Royston Wild looks at two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) giants that should keep shooting skywards.
- AIG joins list of finance firms looking at moving some UK operations Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 22, 2016 18:04 GMT
U.S. insurer AIG may move its European headquarters from London to another European Union country because of Britain's vote to leave the EU, the head of the AIG's European and UK operations said at an industry conference on Tuesday. AIG joins a growing list of finance industry companies that have said they may have to …
- 3 growth dividend stocks to buy in December Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 22, 2016 07:05 GMT
These three companies offer the potential for rapidly rising dividends.
- Countrywide owner Chesnara in talks to buy L&G's Dutch arm Sky News - Mon, Nov 21, 2016 21:53 GMT
The London-listed owner of Countrywide Assured is in advanced talks to buy an overseas unit of Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) (L&G) in the latest example of European insurance industry consolidation. Sky News has learnt that Chesnara (LSE: CSN.L - news) , which has a market value of just over £400m, is expected …
- Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 21, 2016 20:28 GMT
Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey lost about 369 million euros ($391 million) in the year to Nov. 14 despite being one of the biggest financial winners of Britain's vote to leave the European Union. The Odey European Fund lost 44.1 percent by mid-November, reducing its assets to 468.15 million euros from more than 837 million …
- Citi and JPMorgan top list of globally systemic banks Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 21, 2016 14:53 GMT
Citi has joined JPMorgan at the top of global regulators' list of systemically important banks, replacing HSBC and meaning the U.S. bank will have to hold extra capital from 2019 to help preserve financial stability. The group of 20 economies (G20) agreed after the 2007-09 financial crisis that top banks, whose size and …
- Should you follow Neil Woodford into recent fallers BATS, CPI and LRE? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 21, 2016 14:32 GMT
Are these three Woodford favourites worth buying today?
- These 2 stocks are shooting the lights out so why do investors shun them? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 21, 2016 11:32 GMT
These two stocks have more than doubled your money over the past five years but many investors continue to look the other way, says Harvey Jones.
- 2 income champions you can’t afford to miss Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 18, 2016 12:02 GMT
These two dividend champions deserve a place in your portfolio.