- Are these 3 fallers too cheap to ignore? Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Are there bargains to be had among these depressed shares?
- 3 shares with post-referendum momentum Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
These three firms have decent fundamentals, reasonable valuations and momentum.
- Schroders bulks up US credit team Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 16:59 BST
Schroders (LSE: SDR.L - news) said it has made three senior hires for its New York credit and trading teams to help handle the growing global interest in the US credit markets. The UK-headquartered asset manager said that David Knutson, formerly with Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) , is taking on a newly created …
- Which of these Neil Woodford dividend stocks should you buy today? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:42 BST
Roland Head takes a look at two of star fund manager Neil Woodford's top income holdings.
- How a home made in seven days could help solve the housing crisis Telegraph - Sat, Aug 20, 2016 14:50 BST
How a home made in seven days could help solve the housing crisis
- Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad' Telegraph - Sat, Aug 20, 2016 07:42 BST
Paying mum's mortgage: how wealthy families are reversing the 'Bank of Mum and Dad'
- Should you buy the 3 highest-yielding stocks from the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 15:27 BST
Take a look at whether the FTSE 100's (INDEXFTSE: UKX) three biggest dividend stocks are worth adding to your portfolio?
- Am I crazy to hold the full £50k in Premium Bonds? Telegraph - Fri, Aug 19, 2016 14:17 BST
Am I crazy to hold the full £50k in Premium Bonds?
- Britain's FTSE edges up, helped by miner rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 17:06 BST
UK shares edged up on Thursday, breaking a two-day losing streak after commodity-related stocks gained on the back of a weaker dollar. The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up 0.1 percent to 6,868.96 points ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 16:30 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) Notification of transactions by a Person Discharging Managerial Responsibility (“PDMR”) The SJP Partners’ Performance Share Plan, May 2015 SJP has ...
- British firms face higher bill to escape growing pension black hole Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 13:10 BST
Britain's vote to leave the European Union and a subsequent interest rate cut have worsened some companies' pension deficits and raised the price they must pay to hand off the risk to insurers. While some companies could still prefer to pump in as much money as necessary to get their troublesome scheme off the books, the …
- Britain's FTSE gains as miners rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 18, 2016 10:10 BST
UK shares rose on Thursday, breaking a two-day losing streak after commodity-related stocks gained on the back of a weaker dollar. The blue chip FTSE 100 index rose 0.2 percent to 6874.03 points by 0858 ...
- Britain's FTSE dragged down by drop in Admiral Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 17:16 BST
A slump in Admiral shares dragged Britain's top stock index down further from the 14-month highs it hit on Wednesday, after the car insurer said that market volatility caused by Britain's vote to leave ...
- European shares slip; Wienerberger, Carlsberg drop after results Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 17:13 BST
European shares fell on Wednesday, with Austrian brickmaker Wienerberger, brewer Carlsberg and UK insurer Admiral sliding after publishing results. The pan-European STOXX 600 index, which reached a seven-week ...
- Is this the best insurer to buy after today’s results? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 14:25 BST
Here are some shares that might help you beat the Brexit blues.
- Norway's oil fund pares UK property portfolio after Brexit vote Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 14:02 BST
Norway's $893-billion sovereign wealth fund cut the value of its UK property portfolio by 5 percent after Britain's vote to leave the EU, and is concerned at the prospect that Brexit might limit free movement of goods, services and people, it said on Wednesday. The world's largest sovereign fund is one of Britain's biggest …
- (OFFICIAL)-L&G kicks off U.S. infrastructure push with university deal Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 12:50 BST
British insurer Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) has agreed its first infrastructure deal in the United States, investing around $100 million to help the University of California, Merced, expand its campus. The deal is part of a roughly $660 million financing package that will see the campus more than double in size …
- Admiral may move underwriting if UK insurers lose EU rights Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 10:59 BST
Admiral Group Plc (LSE: ADM.L - news) said it could move its European business to Ireland or another country if British insurers lose their right to sell their products across Europe as a consequence of leaving the EU. Admiral also said on Wednesday that tumbling interest rates following Britain's vote to leave the European …
- BUZZ-Admiral Group: Set for worst day since 2011 as Brexit hits solvency ratio Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 17, 2016 08:29 BST
** Car insurer's shares down 7.4 pct - on track for their worst day in almost 5 yrs ** Co says market volatility around Britain's vote to leave the EU has impacted its solvency ratio ** Co warns of additional ...
- Three FTSE 100 yields you must check out today! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 16, 2016 09:03 BST
Berkeley Group, Legal & General and Marks & Spencer all offer a tempting combination of low valuations and high yields from the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX), says Harvey Jones.
- Peter Thiel sounds off on Gawker as sale looms AFP - Tue, Aug 16, 2016 00:53 BST
- These FTSE 100 stars have exploded in Q3! And they’re not finished yet Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 15, 2016 15:36 BST
Royston Wild considers the share price potential of three FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) fireworks.
- Ex-divs to take 7.8 points off FTSE 100 on Aug. 18 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 15, 2016 11:34 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Are these dividends too good to be true? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 15, 2016 11:02 BST
Should you avoid these three high-yield shares or are they a great antidote to low interest rates?
- Old Mutual to invest in Nigerian real estate, agriculture Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 12, 2016 14:21 BST
Anglo-South African financial services firm Old Mutual (Other OTC: ODMTY - news) and Nigeria's sovereign wealth fund on Friday signed agreements to set up two funds to invest in real estate and agriculture in Africa's most populous nation. Old Mutual and Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) said they would jointly …
- Are Admiral Group plc and Direct Line Insurance Group plc 2 dividend dynamos? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Aug 12, 2016 12:08 BST
Insurers Admiral Group plc (LON:ADM) and Direct Line Insurance Group plc (LON:DLG) could be worthy of inclusion in your income portfolio.
- Looking for a high yield? Try these 3 small-caps Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 15:49 BST
Find out why I think these three small-cap stocks are some of the best dividend picks out there.
- Are these stocks ‘brilliant buys’ after today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 13:53 BST
Royston Wild looks at the investment prospects of three FTSE stocks following Thursday's updates.
- HMRC Takes £55m In Credit Card Fees On Tax Payments Telegraph - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 13:05 BST
HMRC has charged taxpayers £55m to pay their taxes by credit card over the past five years, figures collected by Telegraph Money show.
- HMRC takes £50m in credit card fees on tax payments Telegraph - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 13:05 BST
HMRC takes £50m in credit card fees on tax payments
- Old Mutual H1 operating profit falls, watchdog probe could delay break-up Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 09:58 BST
Investigations into Old Mutual (Other OTC: ODMTY - news) by Britain's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) could delay its break-up plans, its chief executive said on Thursday as it reported a nine percent fall in first-half operating profit. Old Mutual plans to break into four parts comprising its South African bank Nedbank …
- Aegon 2nd-quarter earnings miss forecasts, reviews U.S. operations Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 07:53 BST
Dutch-based insurer Aegon NV is reviewing parts of its business in the United States, it said on Thursday, after reporting second-quarter earnings that missed estimates, partly due to adverse claims in the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . Pre (Shanghai: 600048.SS - news) -tax underlying earnings were 435 million euros …
- Old Mutual posts below-expected 9 pct drop in H1 operating profit Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 11, 2016 07:32 BST
Anglo-South African financial services firm Old Mutual posted a 9 percent drop in first-half operating profit to 709 million pounds on Thursday and said conditions were challenging in its core markets. ...
- UK's FTSE notches up fifth day of gains on firm financials Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 17:11 BST
Britain's top equity index rose on Wednesday in its fifth straight day of gains as stronger financial stocks offset weaker energy shares which tracked a pullback in oil prices. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index ...
- Prudential considers shifting funds to Dublin, Luxembourg Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 10, 2016 12:55 BST
Insurer Prudential could shift more funds from its asset management business to Dublin or Luxembourg to maintain access to the European Union's single market after Britain's vote to leave the bloc, its asset management boss said on Wednesday. Prudential (HKSE: 2378.HK - news) , like other British insurers, has experienced …