- Market overview: FTSE 100 finishes up 0.1% Sharecast - 5 hours ago
1630: Close The FTSE 100 finished up 6.16 points at 6,933.74 after a choppy session as investors showed pre-election nervousness, while comments from Janet Yellen didn't help. Corporate earnings came in ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St set to open up as investors shrug off weak jobs data Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
Wall Street was set to open higher on Wednesday as investors focused on healthy corporate earnings reports and a revival in dealmaking, shrugging off a rout in the global bond market and weaker-than-expected U.S. private jobs data. ADP payroll data showed private employers added 169,000 jobs last month, the fewest since …
- Prudential will see strong first-half earnings, outgoing CEO says Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
Prudential (LSE: PRU.L - news) will post "very strong" first-half earnings, outgoing chief executive Tidjane Thiam said on Wednesday, as the insurer reported an 11 percent decline in new business profit in the first quarter. "IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) earnings will be very strong ... even in this …
- US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of private sector job numbers Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday, set to rebound from a sharp fall on Tuesday and ahead of private employment data for April. * Private payrolls processor ADP is expected to report that ...
- Legal & General first quarter net cash generation rises 8% Sharecast - 11 hours ago
Legal & General reported an 8% increase in first-quarter net cash generation to £326m, with operational cash generation up 11% at £330m.
- 3 Stocks Set To Beat The FTSE 100: Vodafone Group plc, Prudential plc And Direct Line Insurance Group PLC Fool.co.uk - 12 hours ago
These 3 stocks could make a real difference to your returns: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON: DLG)
- Booker Prize Sponsor Faces Investor Revolt Sky News - 13 hours ago
The hedge fund manager which sponsors the Booker Prize is facing a major revolt from investors this week over changes to bonus targets for top executives. Sky News has learnt that a number of leading City investors are to vote against Man Group (LSE: EMG.L - news) 's three-year remuneration policy as well as last year's …
- Prudential sees Q1 new business profit drop in U.S., UK Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
British insurer Prudential on Wednesday posted a drop in new business profit in the United States and the UK during the first quarter, although Asian new business profit climbed. U.S. new business profit ...
- L&G says focus on infrastructure whatever election outcome Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) 's will focus on long-term investment in British infrastructure and property regardless of the outcome from this week's general election, the insurer said on Wednesday as it posted record quarterly cash generation. "No matter who is in power, those are the sorts things that most politicians …
- Legal & General Q1 net cash generation rises, net inflows drop Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
Insurer Legal & General posted an 8 percent rise in net cash generation in its first quarter to March 31, but inflows to its asset management arm dropped, compared with a year earlier. Net cash generation ...
- London midday: Stocks pare gains as election uncertainty kicks in Sharecast - 22 hours ago
UK stocks bounced off a one-month low on Wednesday though gains were quickly trimmed as mining stocks dropped into the red and Sainsbury's extended losses after an underwhelming annual report.
- Activist investor targets Premier Farnell Telegraph - Tue, May 5, 2015 20:28 BST
GO Investment Partners reveals a 3.24pc stake in the British electonics distributor
- Europe close: Stocks lower as core bond yields continue higher Sharecast - Tue, May 5, 2015 18:36 BST
European stock markets finished the session sharply lower as the previous week's rout in sovereign bond markets was reignited.
- Wednesday preview: GSK and Sainsbury's top the bill amid earnings influx Sharecast - Tue, May 5, 2015 18:35 BST
While investors will continue to look ahead to the elections, Wednesday's session is set to be a busy one for UK markets amid a barrage of blue-chip corporate earnings and economic data.
- European shares drop as Athens bourse slides Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 5, 2015 17:57 BST
European shares fell on Tuesday as renewed concerns over Greece's finances weighed on the region's stock markets. Athens' benchmark ATG equity index fell 3.9 percent on worries over a deadlock in Greece's ...
- Lehman Brothers' pensioners to be paid in full after Rothesay deal Telegraph - Tue, May 5, 2015 16:52 BST
Bankers' retirement secured by £675m bulk annuity a year after Lehman administrators agreed to fix funding shortfall
- 3 Blue-Chip Beasts Offering Terrific Bang For Your Buck: HSBC Holdings plc, BT Group plc And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 5, 2015 16:02 BST
Royston Wild outlines the investment cases for HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN).
- EU mergers and takeovers (May 5) Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 5, 2015 15:01 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- Mondelez International Inc and competitor D.E Master Blenders ...
- European shares fall as Greek stocks slide Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 5, 2015 14:38 BST
European shares fell on Tuesday as renewed worries over Greece weighed on the region's stock markets. Athens' benchmark ATG equity index fell 4.4 percent on concern over a deadlock in Greece's attempts ...
- Barclays lowers European insurers on capital and earnings headwinds Sharecast - Tue, May 5, 2015 11:48 BST
Barclays Capital has lowered its recommendation for the entire European insurance sector from 'neutral' to 'negative'.
- London close: Markets shrug off weak data as Lloyds and miners surge Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 18:08 BST
Strong gains from mining stocks and an impressive first-quarter performance from UK lender Lloyds helped UK markets to rise on Friday, as investors shrugged off mostly worse-than-expected economic data....
- London stocks edge up on European holiday AFP - Fri, May 1, 2015 17:50 BST
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Fri, May 1, 2015 16:58 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc (“Amlin”) DIRECTOR/PDMR SHAREHOLDING Amlin announces that on 30 April 2015 Kim Hvirgel, a Person Discharging Managerial Responsibilities, was awarded 42,176 ordinary ...
- FTSE 100 movers: Lloyds surges on strong first quarter profits, property stock lower Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 16:56 BST
Lloyds Banking Group topped the risers after delivering a bigger-than-forecast 21% jump in underlying profits in the first quarter, as impairment charges more than halved. The UK lender also lifted its ...
- Business as usual seen at Prudential under new CEO Wells Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 16:33 BST
Investors and analysts expect business as usual at British insurer Prudential (LSE: PRU.L - news) after it appointed internal candidate Mike Wells, head of the company's U.S. arm, as successor to Tidjane Thiam. The insurer set out targets at the end of 2013 to expand its Asian life and investment management businesses, …
- 4 Financial Stocks Set To Soar: Virgin Money Holdings (UK) PLC, Admiral Group plc, Old Mutual plc And Amlin plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 1, 2015 16:15 BST
Buying these 4 financial companies could be a shrewd move: Virgin Money Holdings (UK) PLC (LON: VM), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) and Amlin plc (LON: AML)
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Fri, May 1, 2015 16:01 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc Voting Rights and Capital 01 May 2015 As at 30 April 2015, RSA Insurance Group plc’s voting capital consists of 1,016,757,458 ordinary shares of £1 each ...
- Prudential picks US boss as its new chief executive Telegraph - Fri, May 1, 2015 15:18 BST
Mike Wells will replace Tidjane Thiam next month following his former boss's departure to lead Credit Suisse
- London stocks firm amid European holiday AFP - Fri, May 1, 2015 15:14 BST
- UK insurer Prudential names new boss AFP - Fri, May 1, 2015 13:56 BST
- Aviva plc, Standard Life Plc And Legal & General Group Plc Are Three Long-Term Income Plays Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 1, 2015 13:44 BST
Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN), Standard Life Plc (LON: SL) and Aviva plc (LON: AV) all make great buy and forget investments.
- Prudential names Mike Wells as CEO to replace Thiam Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 11:47 BST
British insurer Prudential said on Friday it had appointed Mike Wells, head of the firm's U.S. arm, as chief executive to replace Tidjane Thiam. Thiam said in March he was moving to head Swiss bank Credit ...
- London open: Lloyds beats forecasts but markets fall ahead of long weekend Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 10:21 BST
London stocks fell on Friday despite a better-than-expected first quarter from Lloyds Banking Group as investors were treading carefully in the absence of trading across Europe.
- Europe close: Stocks rise after Greek debt talks, Eurozone CPI improvement Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 18:18 BST
Stocks in the euro-area were in positive territory as Greece indicated concessions in bailout talks and data showed an improvement in Eurozone consumer prices.
- 3-Point Income Checklist: Should You Buy Foxtons Group PLC, Lancashire Holdings Limited Or Plus500 Ltd? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 14:36 BST
Foxtons Group PLC (LON:FOXT), Lancashire Holdings Limited (LON:LRE) and Plus500 Ltd (LON: PLUS) offer interesting opportunities for income investors.