- U.S. bird flu causes egg shortage, emergency measures Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
CHICAGO/NEW YORK, May 22 (Reuters) - As a virulent avian influenza outbreak continues to spread across the Midwestern United States, some egg-dependent companies are contemplating drastic steps - importing eggs from overseas or looking to egg alternatives. A spokeswoman for Archer Daniels Midland Co said that as egg supplies …
- 3 Insurers Yielding 4% Or More: Direct Line Insurance Group PLC, Amlin PLC And Esure Group PLC Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON:DLG), Amlin plc (LON:AML) and Esure Group PLC (LON:ESUR) are three general insurers with attractive valuations and high dividend yields.
- 5 Forgotten FTSE 100 Stars: Legal & General Group Plc, National Grid plc, Marks and Spencer Group Plc, Royal Mail PLC & Vodafone Group Plc Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Harvey Jones shines a light on Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN), National Grid plc (LON: NG), Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON: MKS), Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG) and Vodafone Group Plc (LON: VOD.).
- U.S. bird flu causing egg squeeze, emergency measures Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
As a virulent avian influenza outbreak continues to spread across the Midwestern United States, some egg-dependent companies are contemplating drastic steps: importing eggs from overseas or looking to egg alternatives. A spokeswoman for grain giant Archer Daniels Midland Co said that, as egg supplies have tightened and …
- EU mergers and takeovers (May 22) Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- Luxembourg's Griffin Real Estate and U.S. investment fund Pimco ...
- Result of AGM Business Wire - Thu, May 21, 2015 16:45 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc (“Amlin”) AGM 21 MAY 2015 POLL RESULT Amlin plc (the “Company”) announces that at the Annual General Meeting of the Company, duly convened and held today at the Registered ...
- Five Top Turnaround Plays: Aviva plc, Rolls-Royce Holding PLC, RSA Insurance Group plc, Serco Group plc And Flybe Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 21, 2015 15:39 BST
Aviva plc (LON: AV), Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Serco Group plc (LON: SRP) and Flybe Group PLC (LON: FLYB) are working hard to return to growth.
- 5 Growth Greats: Ashtead Group plc, Legal & General Group Plc, Whitbread plc, The Sage Group plc And Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 21, 2015 13:27 BST
Royston Wild details the investment case for Ashtead Group plc (LON: AHT), Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN), Whitbread plc (LON: WTB), The Sage Group plc (LON: SGE) and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc ...
- Directorate Change Business Wire - Thu, May 21, 2015 11:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc DIRECTORATE CHANGE Amlin plc (the “Company”) announces that Sir Mark Wrightson retired from the Board at the conclusion of the Company’s Annual General Meeting held on ...
- Director Declaration Business Wire - Thu, May 21, 2015 07:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc (“Amlin”) DIRECTOR DECLARATION Amlin today announces that Julie Chakraverty will be appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee with effect from the conclusion ...
- Disposal Business Wire - Thu, May 21, 2015 07:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA announces completion of sale of its business in China Further to the announcement of 3 July 2014, RSA Insurance Group plc (RSA) announces the completion of the sale of Sun ...
- Telecom Italia welcomes foreign investors as Vivendi entry looms Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 20, 2015 19:24 BST
Telecom Italia (Other OTC: TIAJF - news) 's chairman said he welcomed foreign investors in the Italian phone company as French media group Vivendi prepared to become the largest shareholder. "We reject the logic that foreign investments in Telecom Italia are dangerous: whoever brings capital and know-how contributes …
- National Grid to sell off its in-house pension manager Telegraph - Tue, May 19, 2015 21:00 BST
Aerion Fund Management looks after more than £17bn in retirement funding
- London close: FTSE gains ground on Tuesday despite miner sell-off Sharecast - Tue, May 19, 2015 18:21 BST
Despite a sell-off of the blue chip miners, UK shares gained ground on Tuesday but failed to hold above the 7,000-point mark as policymakers painted the first fall in inflation since the 1960s as "good" ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (May 19) Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 19, 2015 12:40 BST
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- French telecoms operator Orange to acquire Spanish provider Jazztel ...
- 3 Stocks That Should Keep Delivering The Goods: GlaxoSmithKline plc, Lloyds Banking Group PLC & Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 19, 2015 07:02 BST
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON: LLOY) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU) are stocks to buy and forget, says Harvey Jones
- 5 Dividend Darlings Poised To Take Off: AstraZeneca plc, RSA Insurance Group plc, Cobham plc, N Brown Group plc And Countrywide PLC Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 18, 2015 15:58 BST
Royston Wild explains the merits of investing in AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Cobham plc (LON: COB), N Brown Group plc (LON: BNWG) And Countrywide PLC (LON: CWD).
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Mon, May 18, 2015 14:30 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc (“the Company”) Transactions in shares by Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility (“PDMRs”) Ordinary Shares of £1 each 18 May 2015 The Company was ...
- Banks calls for global coordination of bubble-busting measures Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 18, 2015 13:11 BST
International coordination will be needed to deal with any negative effects of national attempts to snuff out asset bubbles, top financial firms said in a World Economic Forum paper. Asset manager BlackRock, ...
- Some asset managers go too easy on companies at AGMs - activist group Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 18, 2015 12:20 BST
"Our survey suggests a wide range of big names in asset management aren't exercising their stewardship responsibilities at some of the world's biggest companies," said ShareAction Chief Executive Catherine Howarth. At the other end of the scale, however, some asset managers, including Columbia Threadneedle Investments, …
- Lift barriers to risk-taking and growth Telegraph - Sat, May 16, 2015 17:54 BST
Despite Gordon Brown’s ‘light touch’ policy, the City has faced regulatory ‘creep’ for 20 years
- Bwin jumps, as GVC Holdings confirm the online gambling firm is worth a punt Telegraph - Fri, May 15, 2015 18:48 BST
Bwin.Party confirmed yesterday that they were in discussions with a number of third parties
- Week ahead: Flow of UK data to pick up Sharecast - Fri, May 15, 2015 16:58 BST
In the coming week investors will focus on the minutes of the latest policy meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee and Monetary Policy Committee, both of which are due out on Wednesday.
- REUTERS SUMMIT-BoE says UK insurers will need more time to meet EU solvency rules Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 15, 2015 08:00 BST
Britain's insurers will need more time to comply fully with new European Union capital rules that come into force next January, the Bank of England has said. Andrew Bailey, who heads the BoE (Shenzhen: 000725.SZ - news) 's supervisory arm, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), said implementing the Solvency II rules …
- Europe close: Dax jumps as Bunds stabilise, real money flows reported Sharecast - Thu, May 14, 2015 18:21 BST
European stocks closed out the day with strong gains as sovereign bond yields retreated a tad despite better than expected economic data out Stateside.
- 5 Spectacular Stocks For Shrewd Growth Hunters: Prudential plc, Standard Life Plc, BAE Systems plc, Sports Direct International Plc And Aggreko plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 14, 2015 15:48 BST
Royston Wild details the merits of investing in Prudential plc (LON: PRU), Standard Life Plc (LON: SL), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA), Sports Direct International Plc (LON: SPD) and Aggreko plc (LON: AGK)....
- As Admiral Group plc’s Founder Bows Out Should You Sell Up And Buy Aviva plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 14, 2015 15:11 BST
Is Aviva plc (LON: AV) a better pick over Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM)?
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy These 4 Financial Stocks? HSBC Holdings plc, Aldermore Group PLC, RSA Insurance Group plc And Old Mutual plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 14, 2015 11:52 BST
Would adding these 4 stocks to your portfolio be a shrewd move? HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA), Aldermore Group PLC (LON: ALD), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) and Old Mutual plc (LON: OML)
- BUZZ-View from the buyside: Premier AM switches out of Standard Life into Chesnara Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 14, 2015 10:44 BST
** Premier AM's head of UK equities Chris White has sold holding in Standard Life & bought shares in Chesnara on valuation grounds ** Move comes as income funds in particular looking beyond divi stalwarts ...
- Old Mutual Q1 gross sales beat forecasts, up 18 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 14, 2015 07:33 BST
Gross sales at Anglo-South African financial services firm Old Mutual rose an above-forecast 18 percent to 7.3 billion pounds in the first quarter, boosted by acquisitions, inflows and market gains. Analysts ...
- StanChart seeking buyers for $350 mln HK pension business-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 14, 2015 03:06 BST
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE, May 14 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered (Other OTC: SCBFF - news) plc is seeking buyers for its Hong Kong pension business valued at about $350 million in a deal that would also involve a 15-year distribution agreement with the new owner, people with knowledge of the matter told Reuters. Suitors including …
- Premier Oil jumps after output beats expectations Telegraph - Wed, May 13, 2015 19:39 BST
Better than expected production lifted Premier Oilshares 3.8pc, to 187.5p
- London close: Stocks rise but weak US data dampens gains Sharecast - Wed, May 13, 2015 18:11 BST
UK stocks rose on Wednesday but upside was only modest after data showed that American retail sales growth slowed to a standstill last month.
- Thursday preview: British Land to report strong annual results, says UBS Sharecast - Wed, May 13, 2015 15:53 BST
British Land is expected to report strong annual results, driven by rising capital values and increasing investment in UK real estate.
- FTSE 100 movers: Mondi surges on strong profits, Admiral hit by CEO resignation Sharecast - Wed, May 13, 2015 15:52 BST
UK stocks rebounded on Wednesday, driven by the Bank of England pushing back rate-hike predictions and a dip in unemployment. Sector-wise, property stocks extended gains, while miners and supermarkets ...