- Car sales on track for three years of growth Telegraph - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 18:34 GMT
Benign economic enviroment and auto makers targeting UK means car registrations set to record 36 months of increases
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 14:20 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc TOTAL VOTING RIGHTS AND SHARE CAPITAL In accordance with the FCA’s Disclosure and Transparency Rules, Amlin plc (“Amlin”) advises the market that as at 27 February 2015 ...
- Britain's watchdog sets out rules on pensions sales ahead of April shake-up Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 12:26 GMT
Britain's financial watchdog published rules on Friday covering the sale of pensions ahead of big changes in the industry due to come into effect in April. The Financial Conduct Authority said companies selling retirement products would have to provide "risk warnings" based on an individual's circumstances so they could …
- Dealing Disclosure - CATLIN GROUP LTD Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:57 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in relation to whose ...
- 5 Top Income Stocks You Can’t Afford To Ignore: Connect Group PLC, Admiral Group plc, Tate & Lyle PLC, BHP Billiton plc And Hiscox Ltd Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:16 GMT
Connect Group PLC (LON: CNCT), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM), Tate & Lyle PLC (LON: TATE), BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) and Hiscox Ltd (LON: HSX) and some of the best dividend stocks around.
- Old Mutual seeks growth from existing businesses as profits jump Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 09:49 GMT
Financial services company Old Mutual is to focus this year on getting value from its existing businesses after reporting a 16 percent rise in 2014 operating profit that sent its shares to a record high. The Anglo-South African group, which has a majority stake in South African bank Nedbank, went on a hiring spree last …
- Old Mutual 2014 profits rise 16 percent Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 07:15 GMT
Anglo-South African financial services firm Old Mutual said on Friday its operating profit for 2014 rose 16 percent to 1.6 billion pounds , just above analysts' expectations. Adjusted operating pre-tax ...
- London close: FTSE edges higher to new record close Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:36 GMT
London's FTSE 100 managed to inch higher to a new record high on Thursday as improving economic data across Europe and positive developments in Ukraine boosted markets after a slow start.
- DISCLOSURE FORM - CATLIN GROUP LTD - AMENDMENT Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:18 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DISCLOSURE FORM AMENDMENT TO SALES 1. KEY INFORMATION (a) Name of exempt principal trader: BARCLAYS CAPITAL SECURITIES LTD (b) Name of offeror/offeree in ...
- Sector movers: RSA drags non-life insurers lower as results underwhelm Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:03 GMT
Underwhelming results from RSA were weighing down on the non-life insurance sector on Thursday despite the FTSE 100 company swinging to a profit and recommencing its dividend payment.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:02 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- St. James’s Place plc (“SJP”) SJP was notified on 26 February 2015 of the following changes in SJP shares held by the executive Directors and PDMR named below. Exercise of share ...
- 3 Insurance Titans Set To Deliver Stunning Returns: RSA Insurance Group plc, Prudential plc And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 13:00 GMT
Royston Wild explains why RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN) are unmissable stock candidates.
- London open: Influx of earnings and economic data keeps stocks flat Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:47 GMT
UK stocks were more or less flat on Thursday morning with markets fluctuating at record highs amid a barrage of corporate earnings and economic data.
- L&G invests in UK private rental market, could invest up to 1 bln pounds Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:04 GMT
Insurer Legal & General said on Thursday it made an initial 25 million pound investment in the UK private rental market, and could invest up to 1 billion pounds in the sector. L&G said the first investment, ...
- RSA swings into profit in 2014, restarts dividend Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:21 GMT
RSA said on Thursday it posted a 2014 pre-tax profit of 275 million pounds , recovering from a 244 million pound loss in 2013. Under the stewardship of former Royal Bank of Scotland boss Stephen Hester, ...
- Directorate Change Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:05 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc - Group Chief Financial Officer RSA Insurance Group plc today announces that Richard Houghton, Group Chief Financial Officer, will stand down from the Board ...
- Final Results Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:00 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 2014 PRELIMINARY RESULTS 26 February 2015 2014 pre-tax profit of £275 million, up from £244 million loss in 2013 Good progress on implementing new strategy and laying foundations ...
- Two Greek banks dropped from top European equity index Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:25 GMT
Greek lenders Bank of Piraeus and Eurobank will drop out of the pan-European STOXX 600 benchmark, index compiler STOXX said, potentially depriving them of investment flows at a rocky time for Greek's economic ...
- BUZZ-St James's Place: divi surprise sends shares to record Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:04 GMT
** Strong divi lifts St James's Place to all-time high, poised for biggest 1-day pct gain in a yr ** Co lifts final divi by 50 pct to 14.37p, more than the 40 pct increase it had flagged to mkt ** Stock, ...
- St James's Place posts FY profit beat, ups dividend Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 09:09 GMT
Strong asset growth helped British wealth manager St James's Place beat full-year cash profit forecasts on Wednesday, underpinning a surprise rise in its dividend and boosting its shares.
- 'Equity release' mortgage costs fall Telegraph - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 08:28 GMT
The cost of loans that allow you to release equity from your home is falling but interest bills can still be crippling
- Insurer Brit posts rising profits, special dividend Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:31 GMT
Brit PLC, the specialty insurer targeted by Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings , booked a 39.7 percent rise in full year post-tax profits on Wednesday, driven by strong underwriting and investment ...
- St. James's Place boosts final dividend by 50 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:15 GMT
- St. James's Place plc final div 14.37 pence/share. - St. James's Place plc total dividend 23.3 pence/share. - St. James's Place plc resulting in a 50 percent increase in final dividend. - St. James's ...
- Huge response to high-quality trades on busy issuance day Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 23:32 GMT
By Danielle Robinson NEW YORK, Feb 24 - Eli Lilly, Chevron and Kimberly-Clark were flooded with a total US$30bn of orders for US$8.7bn of new bonds as investors welcomed the opportunity to buy benchmark ...
- Wonga to cut 325 jobs as former chairman also leaves company Telegraph - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:16 GMT
Controversial company to restructure its business under executive chairman Andy Haste
- London close: HSBC dampens sentiment as investors wait on Greek news Sharecast - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 17:05 GMT
A plunge in the share price of HSBC, falling commodity stocks and a lack of news regarding Greece ensured that UK equity markets remained in the red on Monday, with investors cautious with shares near ...
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: British American Tobacco plc, Prudential plc & Land Securities Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 15:41 GMT
City of London Investment Trust plc (LON:CTY) favours British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS), Prudential plc (LON:PRU) and Land Securities Group plc (LON:LAND).
- 3 Outstanding Blue-Chip Bargains: Imperial Tobacco Group PLC, Legal & General Group Plc And Old Mutual plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 14:38 GMT
Royston Wild explains why Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT), Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN) and Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) are top-drawer value selections.
- UK banking watchdog reduces reach of new accountability rules Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 12:41 GMT
It has been decided that new rules making senior bankers in Britain more accountable for their actions will not now apply to non-executive directors who don't have specific duties such as scrutinising bonuses, regulators said on Monday. They will cover board members and senior staff such as heads of trading desks to make …
- The personal finance advice I never follow Telegraph - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 11:17 GMT
Why I'd rather pay over the odds and have a quiet life, says Richard Evans
- Top insurers added to new UK accountability rules Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 09:36 GMT
Chairmen and non-executive directors of insurance companies will be included in Britain's new regime to make top financial officials accountable for their actions, the Bank of England announced on Monday. These include top executives, key non-executive directors that head influential committees and senior traders. Andrew …
- RSA Insurance to unveil deeper cost-cutting plan - FT Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Feb 22, 2015 21:49 GMT
RSA Insurance Group Chief Executive Stephen Hester is set to unveil a deeper cost-cutting plan at the London-based general insurance provider as it works to turn around its business, the Financial Times reported. RSA, which according to the report had earlier set a cost-saving target in excess of 180 million pounds ($277.09 …
- MEDIA-Hester to unveil deeper cost cuts at RSA Insurance - FT Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Feb 22, 2015 18:39 GMT
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Week ahead: Greek negotiations and GDP data in focus Sharecast - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 17:38 GMT
The news-flow surrounding the on-going discussions between Athens and other European capitals will likely be the main focus of attention for markets next week.
- 4 Finance Stocks Set To Beat The FTSE 100: Aviva plc, Royal Bank Of Scotland Group plc, Prudential plc And Direct Line Insurance Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 15:35 GMT
These 4 finance stocks look set to soar: Aviva plc (LON: AV), Royal Bank Of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON: DLG)