- Cash-rich Zurich Insurance eyes bid for British rival RSA Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
ZURICH/LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - Cash-rich Zurich Insurance is weighing a bid for British rival RSA which could top $8 billion, as insurers look to diversify amid tighter regulations and toughening market conditions. Zurich's statement on Tuesday that it was considering a bid drove the largest one-day gain for 23 years …
- Broker tips: Centrica, RSA Insurance, Aveva Sharecast - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Investec upgraded shares of Centrica to 'buy' from 'hold' and raised its price target to 300p from 250p for two reasons.
- Tracker funds get cheaper as BlackRock cuts charges in half Telegraph - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Price cuts at giant BlackRock means passive fund investing is getting even cheaper
- Britain's FTSE rebounds on deal-making prospects Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Britain's top share index snapped a five-day losing streak on Tuesday, with hopes for corporate deal-making and robust corporate results offsetting market turmoil in China and worries about emerging-market ...
- FTSE 100 movers: RSA rockets, Hikma higher Sharecast - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - London's primary index was holding onto its gain by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, boosted by deals and deal talk.
- Market overview: Greek Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 1403: Various reports on Tuesday afternoon indicated the European Central Bank had granted permission for the Athens Stock Exchange to re-open on Thursday, albeit with restrictions.
- Canaccord ups RSA Insurance to 'buy', cites possible bid from Zurich Insurance Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - With a potential bid now on the cards, Canaccord Genuity raised its rating on RSA Insurance to 'buy' from 'sell' and upped the target price to 500p from 385p, which is a 10% discount ...
- Additional Listing Business Wire - 4 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- AMLIN plc (“Amlin”) Listing of Shares An application has been made to the UK Listing Authority and the London Stock Exchange Plc for 1,167,151 Ordinary shares of 28.125p each ("Shares") ...
- Rule 2.10 Announcement Business Wire - 4 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT ...
- Should You Buy Drax Group plc, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc, Elementis plc And Segro plc After Today’s Earnings? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Drax Group plc (LON:DRX), Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (LON:JLT), Elementis plc (LON:ELM) and SEGRO plc (LON:SGRO) reported their first half results today.
- European equities fizz on takeover news AFP - 5 hours ago
- European stock markets bounce back on M&A activity Telegraph - 5 hours ago
European stocks recovered from a five-day spell of losses thanks to strong company results and acquisition announcements
- Statement re Possible Offer Business Wire - 6 hours ago
The Board of RSA Insurance Group plc (“RSA”) notes the announcement by Zurich Insurance Group (“Zurich”) that it is evaluating a potential offer for RSA. RSA has not held talks with or received a proposal from Zurich and shareholders are advised to take no action.
- RSA Insurance Group plc Surges 15% As Zurich Insurance Group Ltd Considers Bid Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Shares in RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) are in-demand as a takeover from Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (VTX: ZURN) is on the cards
- European shares up after recent losses; earnings and M&A support Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
European shares bounced back on Tuesday, lifted by strong company results and news of acquisitions after falling in the previous five sessions on concerns over China's growth. The FTSEurofirst 300 index ...
- RSA rockets as Zurich Insurance confirms it's mulling a bid Sharecast - 9 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Shares in RSA Insurance surged 12% after Zurich Insurance confirmed on Tuesday that it is evaluating a potential offer for the company.
- BUZZ-RSA: best day in 6.5 yrs after Zurich confirms bid interest Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
** RSA poised for biggest one-day rise since February 2009 in heavy volume after Zurich confirms interest in the British insurer ** No certainty an offer will be made ** RSA, up 10.8%, 2nd-top riser on ...
- UPDATE 1-Zurich says weighing up bid for British insurer RSA Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
ZURICH/LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance (Xetra: ZFI1.DE - news) said on Tuesday it was weighing up a bid for British $7 billion rival RSA Insurance Group, in what would be the latest industry consolidation amid toughening regulations. Amid increased market speculation over recent days, the Swiss-based Zurich, …
- Zurich says weighing up bid for British insurer RSA Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
Zurich Insurance said on Tuesday that it is weighing up a bid for RSA Insurance Group PLC, a British insurer with a market capitalization of 4.4 billion pounds . "Zurich notes the recent market speculation ...
- Questor: Hold Hiscox in the calm before the storm Telegraph - 23 hours ago
The insurance firm is well-run but even it admits that the market is 'defying gravity'
- Should You Buy Hiscox Ltd, Ryanair Holdings Plc, Cranswick plc and Petra Diamonds Limited On Today’s Updates Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 12:45 BST
A look at updates from Hiscox Ltd (LON:HSX), Ryanair Holdings Plc (LON:RYA), Cranswick plc (LON:CWK) and Petra Diamonds Limited (LON:PDL).
- BUZZ-Hiscox: retreats amid cautious comments on capital returns Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 10:08 BST
** Speciality insurer Hiscox falls back from a record hit last week, down as much as 2.3 pct, after robust H1 earnings get masked by caution on capital returns, slighty dull interim dividend ** H1 PBT ...
- General Electric aims big in energy storage after battery step back Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Jul 26, 2015 12:59 BST
General Electric Co wants to be a "sizable" player in the market for systems that store energy to manage power volatility, a sector the company expects to quadruple to $6 billion by 2020, the head of GE's energy storage business told Reuters. Demand for industrial battery systems is being driven by increasing reliance …
- Piers Linney: 'I failed the 11-plus but it didn’t stop me making a lot of money’ Telegraph - Sun, Jul 26, 2015 09:00 BST
Fame and fortune: Star of 'Dragon’s Den’ and 'The Secret Millionaire’, Piers Linney describes setting up his first business aged 13 and why focusing on the internet has been his best decision
- Commodity woes see FTSE suffer its worst week of the year Telegraph - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 20:49 BST
Britain's benchmark index experienced its lowest weekly drop this year as commodities weighed on stocks
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 15:57 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying ...
- Fall in natural disasters boosts profits at insurer Beazley Telegraph - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 14:02 BST
Specialist insurer posts a 16pc rise in half-year profits
- Should You Buy Beazley PLC, Hammerson plc, And A.G. Barr plc Following Today’s Results? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 13:40 BST
Royston Wild analyses the investment case over at Beazley PLC (LON: BEZ), Hammerson plc (LON: HMSO) and A.G. Barr (LON: BAG).
- Piers Linney: 'I failed the 11-plus but it didn’t stop me making a fortune’ Telegraph - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 13:07 BST
Fame and fortune: Star of 'Dragons' Den’ and 'The Secret Millionaire’, Piers Linney describes setting up his first business aged 13 and why focusing on the internet has been his best decision
- Beazley shares lift on first-half pre-tax profits boost Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 10:24 BST
(ShareCast News) - Insurance company Beazley posted a 16.3% jump in first half net profit, driving its share price up.
- European shares turn higher, led by Vodafone, Thales Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 10:00 BST
European shares turned higher on Friday as investors chewed over mixed earnings updates, getting support from well-received updates from Vodafone and Thales British telecom firm Vodafone rose 3.7 percent, ...
- BUZZ-Beazley: shares climb to life-high on robust H1 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 09:28 BST
** Shares in British insurer Beazley jump to all-time high after co reports PBT ahead of analysts' expectations ** Stock top gainer on FTSE-350 Non-Life Insurance Index ** Co's H1 gross premiums written ...
- European shares set one-week low, Aberdeen AM leads Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 17:43 BST
The FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares closed 0.5 percent lower at 1,578.65 points after falling to its lowest level in more than a week. Aberdeen Asset Management was the biggest decliner in the FTSEurofirst 300 index after the fund manager said it saw net outflows of 9.9 billion pounds ($15.5 billion) in …
- Why I’d Buy Aviva plc Before RSA Insurance Group plc And Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 16:06 BST
Aviva plc (LON: AV) looks better value than RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU).
- European shares fall after U.S. data, Aberdeen AM leads Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 15:03 BST
European equities fell in late trading on Thursday, with disappointing updates from companies including Aberdeen Asset Management and British energy supplier SSE (LSE: SSE.L - news) putting pressure on their share prices. The FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was down 0.6 percent at 1,577.48 points by 1342 …