- Credit Suisse CEO vows action for "impatient" investors -NZZ Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
New Credit Suisse AG Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam has told a Swiss newspaper he wants quick action to implement results of strategic review he is conducting at the Swiss bank. "Our investors have grown impatient given the pace at which we have moved. "Switzerland will still be the core of Credit Suisse (NYSE: CS - news) …
- New Credit Suisse CEO promises "ruthlessly selective" review -FT Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Newly appointed Credit Suisse AG (NYSE: CS - news) Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam, in an interview with the Financial Times, promised a "ruthlessly selective" review of the Swiss bank's businesses, amid expectations that the incoming CEO would cut staff by about 15 percent from its investment banking arm. Thiam's reputation …
- 'It is my job to find bargain priced shares here are four I am buying' Telegraph - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 15:57 BST
Contrarian investor Henry Dixon names the beaten up shares he has been buying
- What to expect at the 'Emergency Budget' Telegraph - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 23:23 BST
As George Osborne prepares to deliver the Summer Budget, we take a look at the Conservatives's likely promises on the economy, tax, and regulation
- Friday preview: UK services data in focus on quiet day Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:15 BST
Friday is set to be an extremely quiet day on the markets due to the closure of US stock exchanges and a thin economic data calendar, along with a dearth of scheduled company results.
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:03 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying ...
- 4 Stocks Set To Soar By 20%: Banco Santander SA, RSA Insurance Group plc, Mitie Group PLC And Inchcape plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 15:43 BST
These 4 stocks look set to make superb gains: Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), Mitie Group PLC (LON: MTO) and Inchcape plc (LON: INCH)
- Evolution of New Business and Funds Under Management Reporting Business Wire - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 11:24 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Evolution of New Business and Funds Under Management Reporting “St. James’s Place plc has historically reported its new business using both the wealth management measure of fund ...
- Thursday preview: US non-farm payrolls to steal the show Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 17:33 BST
Along with the usual tug-and-way battle between Greece and its creditors that is likely to continue on Thursday, the all-important US employment report will still probably grab a few headlines.
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 16:33 BST
In conformity with the Disclosure and Transparency Rules, at close of business on 30 June 2015 the Company’s issued share capital consisted of 523,266,261 ordinary shares of 15p each with voting rights. Therefore, the total number of voting rights in St. James’s Place plc is 523,266,261.
- New Credit Suisse CEO Thiam makes first appointments Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 16:21 BST
Newly installed Credit Suisse Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam has made his first appointments at the Swiss bank, a Credit Suisse spokesman said, confirming what a source close to the situation had told Reuters ...
- 5 Top Growth Stocks You Can’t Afford To Miss: Prudential plc, DCC PLC, CRH PLC (UK), Signet Jewelers Limited & Fevertree Drinks PLC Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 15:50 BST
Prudential plc (LON: PRU), DCC PLC ORD EUR0.25 (LON: DCC), CRH PLC (UK) (LON: CRH), Signet Jewelers Limited (LON: SIG) and Fevertree Drinks PLC (LON: FEVR) are all top growth stocks.
- Blocklisting Interim Review Business Wire - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 15:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- BLOCK LISTING SIX MONTHLY RETURN INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS FORM MUST BE TYPED OR PRINTED ELECTRONICALLY AND PROVIDED TO AN RIS . Date: 01 July 2015 Name of applicant : RSA ...
- JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc. Announces Appointment of Robert Benvenuto as Executive Vice President & Member of U.S. Executive Committee Business Wire - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 13:00 BST
JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc. (JLT Specialty USA), a U.S. subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc. (JLT), one of the world’s leading specialty-focused providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services, is pleased to announce the appointment of …
- London open: FTSE rebounds after sell-off as Greece defaults Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 10:37 BST
UK stock markets advanced on Wednesday morning, bouncing back after a Greece-inspired sell-off pushed the FTSE 100 to a new five-month low the previous session.
- London midday: Stocks surge on Greek deal hopes, but uncertainties remain Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 01:17 BST
Decent gains in the banking and travel sectors gave UK stocks a boost on Wednesday as sentiment was buoyed by hopes of a possible bailout deal in Greece.
- Is There Any Way Back For RSA Insurance Group plc, AO World PLC And Tate & Lyle PLC? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 16:21 BST
RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA), AO World PLC (LON: AO) and Tate & Lyle PLC (LON: TATE) are all down, but are they cheap?
- FTSE 100 movers: Travel stocks rebound, but supermarkets dip on Kantar data Sharecast - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 16:02 BST
UK stocks extended losses on Tuesday, as the recovery in travel stocks was offset by weakness in supermarkets and miners.
- Is It Safe To Buy Aviva plc, Amlin plc And Aldermore Group PLC? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 16:01 BST
Should you add these 3 financial stocks to your portfolio? Aviva plc (LON: AV), Amlin plc (LON: AML) and Aldermore Group PLC (LON: ALD)
- MOVES-UBS, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Walker Crips Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 20:29 BST
The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Monday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com. DEUTSCHE BANK AG Henrik Aslaksen, the global head of ...
- Week ahead: Greece at the forefront of investors' minds Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 17:03 BST
The coming week may well see the imposition of capital controls in Greece should the country fail to reach an agreement with its creditors.
- 4 Stocks That Are Trading Far, Far Too Cheaply: AstraZeneca plc, Old Mutual plc, Aberdeen Asset Management plc And Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 12:07 BST
Royston Wild explains why now is the time to stock up on AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML), Aberdeen Asset Management plc (LON: ADN) and Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR).
- Prudential plc Is Flying, So Why Would I Buy Aviva plc Instead? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 08:36 BST
It's Prudential plc (LON: PRU) vs Aviva plc (LON: AV), and it's also Jim Slater vs Warren Buffett.
- Bonds: Analysts confident Grexit will be avoided Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 19:07 BST
These were the movements in the yields on the most widely followed sovereign bonds:
- US STOCKS-Wall St little changed; health stocks rally Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 18:38 BST
Healthcare stocks surged after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld tax subsidies key to Obamacare but the broader market was little changed in afternoon trading as concerns over the Greece debt crisis weighed. The S&P 500 healthcare index rallied as much as 0.91 percent after the court ruled that the 2010 Affordable Care Act …
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 18:15 BST
ARM Holdings: Credit Suisse upgrades to outperform with a target of 1,300p.
- Robust U.S. consumer spending buoys economic growth outlook Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 16:56 BST
U.S. consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years in May on strong demand for automobiles and other big-ticket items, further evidence that economic growth was accelerating in the second quarter. While other data on Thursday showed a modest increase in first-time applications for unemployment benefits …
- US STOCKS-Wall Street up as health stocks rally on Obamacare ruling Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 16:50 BST
Healthcare stocks jumped after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld tax subsidies key to Obamacare while a jump in consumer spending sent the broader U.S. market higher. The S&P 500 healthcare index rallied as much as 0.91 percent after the court ruled that the 2010 Affordable Care Act (Frankfurt: 0LW.F - news) , widely known …
- US STOCKS-Wall Street up; health stocks jump on Obamacare ruling Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:50 BST
Wall Street rose on Thursday after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years and the U.S. Supreme Court backed Obamacare, boosting healthcare stocks. The S&P 500 healthcare index ...
- US consumption jumps in May by most in almost six years Sharecast - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:03 BST
US consumers splashed out in May at the fastest rate in almost six years, the latest set of government figures revealed.
- US STOCKS-Wall Street opens higher as consumer spending data jumps Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:02 BST
Wall Street opened higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years. Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first quarter, …
- US consumer spending jumps in May AFP - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 14:16 BST
- US STOCKS-US stocks set to open higher on consumer spending data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 13:58 BST
Wall Street was set to open higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years. Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first …
- Growth Is Set To Drag At BHP Billiton plc, Admiral Group plc And Home Retail Group Plc. But Are They Still A ‘Buy’? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 11:11 BST
Royston Wild looks at the investment profile of BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT), Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM) and Home Retail Group Plc (LON: HOME).
- Why Rio Tinto plc Is A Better Income Stock Than RSA Insurance Group plc And Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 11:10 BST
Here's why the dividend appeal of Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) exceeds that of RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)