- UK inflation expectations fall again to six-year low-Citi/Yougov Reuters - UK Focus - 25 minutes ago
The British public's expectations for inflation in the next 12 months fell to their lowest level in more than six years in February and longer-term inflation expectations were stable at a record low, according to a survey published on Tuesday. British consumer price inflation hit its lowest level on record in January.
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - 16 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Next Fifteen Communications Group plc Total Voting Rights Next Fifteen Communications Group plc ('Next 15' or the 'Company') announces that, as at 28 February 2015, the Company’s ...
- Trinity Mirror to resume dividends after slim profit rise Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 08:55 GMT
British newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror Plc (LSE: TNI.L - news) will pay its first dividend since 2008 after tight cost controls and growing digital sales helped it post a slight rise in full-year earnings. Trinity, which has been battling falling circulation and lower advertising rates at its Daily and Sunday Mirror …
- Trinity Mirror pays first dividend since 2008 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 07:10 GMT
Trinity Mirror said it would pay a dividend for the first time since 2008 after tight cost control and digital advertising sales helped the British newspaper publisher to stem the rate of revenue decline. ...
- NeuLion to Showcase its OTT and TV Everywhere Products and Services at Mobile World Congress Business Wire - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 05:00 GMT
BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- NeuLion® and DivX® solutions will show how operators, content distributors and rights holders can provide consumers with exciting new video experiences up to 4K At its ...
- London midday: Investors take profits after FTSE hits fresh intraday record Sharecast - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 00:22 GMT
After a bright start, UK stocks dropped into the red by Monday lunchtime as investors assessed a raft of economic data and took profits after markets reached new record highs.
- Week ahead in business and economics: March 2 - 8 Telegraph - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 23:53 GMT
Today Full-year results: Amlin, Dialight, Hiscox, Intertek, Senior, Trinity Mirror, WH Ireland Interim results: None Trading update: Thorntons Economics: Consumer credit data, manufacturing PMI Meetings: ...
- Landlords cash in from rising house prices Telegraph - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 16:58 GMT
The amount buy-to-let landlords are putting down in deposits has jumped by 15pc to £100,000 in the last year
- Archie Norman urges business leaders to show political bravery Telegraph - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 19:57 GMT
Archie Norman, who chairs broadcaster ITV, criticised politicians for discouraging outside interference from figures from business and other circles
- FTSE touches fresh intraday high Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 20:22 GMT
Britain's index of leading shares rose to a record 6,967.24 during Friday trade
- British PM Cameron vows to hunt down 'Jihadi John' Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 18:42 GMT
British Prime Minister David Cameron vowed on Friday to use all means at his disposal to hunt down militants such as "Jihadi John" after the killer was identified as a Kuwaiti-born computer programming graduate from London. The black-clad militant brandishing a knife and speaking with an English accent was shown in videos …
- FTSE 250 movers: Rightmove up on strong annual results, IMI struggles with demand and currency Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 17:05 GMT
Rightmove was top of the risers as Cannacord Genuity upgraded its rating on the stock from 'hold' to 'buy' on better-than-expected annual results. The broker also hiked its target price for the shares ...
- ITV confirms takeover talks with John de Mol's £500m-plus Talpa Media Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 16:28 GMT
Broadcaster and programme maker ITV has confirmed it is in takeover talks with Talpa Media, the maker of reality television and dramas including 'The Voice' and 'Utopia' that has been valued at over £500m....
- ITV in exclusive talks to buy The Voice producer Talpa Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 16:11 GMT
ITV in talks to buy Dutch producer Talpa, which is owned by Big Brother creator John de Mol
- Rightmove app will tell you what your house price will be in the future Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 13:02 GMT
Property website Rightmove is set to launch a new app to model home improvements
- Pearson says earnings could jump 20% this year AFP - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 12:19 GMT
- Should You Buy Rightmove Plc And Sell Zoopla Property Group PLC As Competition Grows? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 12:09 GMT
Will profits at Rightmove Plc (LON:RMV) and Zoopla Property Group PLC (LON:ZPLA) be threatened by new low-cost rival OnTheMarket.com?
- Broker tips: Lloyds, RBS, Rightmove Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:38 GMT
Shares in banking group Lloyds edged higher on Friday after shareholders celebrated their first dividend payment in six years, though weaker-than-expected results prompted Shore Capital to retain a 'hold' ...
- Events organiser UBM unlikely to do big deals in 2015 after record 2014 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:50 GMT
UBM Plc, which organises the world's largest fashion convention, MAGIC, said it was unlikely to make big acquisitions in 2015 as it digests Advanstar Communications, its biggest ever acquisition in a record ...
- BUZZ-Rightmove: rival OTM helps co gain the edge Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:27 GMT
** Rightmove up 10.2 pct at all-time high & poised for biggest one-day rise since Aug 2012 on earnings beat ** Revenue up 19 pct to 167 mln pounds & operating profit up 20 pct to 124.6 mln ** Analysts ...
- Pearson says benefits of restructuring coming through Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:13 GMT
British publisher Pearson forecast a return to earnings growth after two years of restructuring, helped by improved fortunes in North America where falls in college enrolments have started to ease. Pearson, the world leader in educational publishing, beat forecasts for several years around the turn of the decade, before …
- Pearson publishes flat sales but more stable markets in 2015, appoints new CFO Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:02 GMT
Closing out a two-year restructuring programme, Pearson has delivered results broadly in line with expectations and expressed confidence about returning to earnings growth in 2015 as its markets stabilise....
- Pearson vows a return to earnings growth in 2015 as restructuring ends Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 08:08 GMT
Pearson promotes Penguin Random House chief financial officer to steer group towards higher earnings
- Pearson vows a return to growth in 2015 as restructuring ends Telegraph - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 08:08 GMT
Pearson promotes Penguin Random House chief financial officer to steer group towards higher earnings
- Events organiser UBM'S full-year adjusted operating profit falls Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 07:26 GMT
Communications and events company UBM Plc reported a 3.5 percent fall in full-year adjusted operating profit, hurt by a strong pound and a subdued performance across its divisions. UBM, owner of PR Newswire, ...
- Pearson posts 5 percent rise in 2014 profit as restructuring ends Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 07:15 GMT
British publisher Pearson reported an as expected 5 percent rise in 2014 underlying adjusted operating profit and reiterated its pledge to return to earnings growth in 2015 as two years of painful restructuring come to an end. Pearson (Xetra: 858266 - news) , the 171-year-old world leader in education, which has restructured …
- Canaccord upgrades Rightmove after resilience to OnTheMarket launch Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 00:25 GMT
Canaccord Genuity has upgraded its rating on real estate portal Rightmove from 'hold' to 'buy' after a better-than-expected set of annual results on Friday.
- London midday: FTSE flat on mixed earnings as Germany approves Greek extension Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 00:12 GMT
UK stocks touched a new intraday record on Friday before slipping into the red, as investors treaded carefully on another busy day for corporate earnings and economic data.
- UK consumer confidence holds at high level in February - GfK Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 00:05 GMT
British consumer confidence held steady at a high level this month as low inflation and rising wages made Britons more confident about their finances, according to a poll published on Friday. The report by research firm GfK will be pleasant reading for Prime Minister David Cameron, whose Conservative Party hopes rising …
- Why are we Brits such snobs about renting? Telegraph - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 21:20 GMT
Poll: A penny pinching sharer or in the throws of a mid-life crisis - what kind of home renter are you?
- Coutts' Swiss bank under German tax evasion probe AFP - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 19:54 GMT
- No respite for beleaguered AO Telegraph - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 19:15 GMT
Panmure Gordon said the company's explanation for its profit warning was "not credible".
- Friday preview: Lloyds hopes to recommence dividend as it reports full-year results Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:43 GMT
Lloyds Banking Group is expected on Friday to announce its first dividend payment since its near-collapse in 2008 in its full-year results statement.
- London close: FTSE edges higher to new record close Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:36 GMT
London's FTSE 100 managed to inch higher to a new record high on Thursday as improving economic data across Europe and positive developments in Ukraine boosted markets after a slow start.
- UK's FTSE climbs to record closing high as Standard Chartered surges Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:09 GMT
Britain's top equity index hit a record closing high on Thursday, helped by a surge in the share price of the Asian-focused bank Standard Chartered. Standard Chartered advanced by 5.4 percent as traders welcomed its appointment of a new chief executive, former JPMorgan investment bank boss Bill Winters. "We are pleased …