- London close: Stocks finish on upbeat note Sharecast - 11 hours ago
FTSE closes up 42.56 points at 6,584.17; UK unemployment data drops to 6.9 per cent; US industrial production rises more than expected
- Thursday preview: Diageo releases third quarter interims Sharecast - 13 hours ago
UK beverages giant Diageo is expected to report revenue growth in its third quarter interims on Thursday.
- ECB plan could boost shares in Europe's weakest companies Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
* ECB corporate bond buying seen easing borrowing costs * Italian, Spanish banks tipped as winners LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) - Shares in some of Europe's least profitable and most indebted companies are set to outperform in the coming months if the European Central Bank starts buying corporate bonds to fight the threat …
- London midday: Sports Direct, Burberry and Tesco lead markets higher Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 01:12 BST
Sports Direct gains as momentum stocks recovery; Tesco, Burberry and Persimmon impress with results; UK unemployment declines, China data mixed; Ukraine crisis escalates
- London close: FTSE down as Russian units spotted in Ukraine Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 18:11 BST
FTSE closes down 42.15 points at 6,541.61; Ukraine says Russian forces have entered the country; UK inflation falls to 1.6 per cent in March; German investor confidence falls for 4th month
- The pound bounces as housing bubble fears prevail Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 14:22 BST
The GBP/USD managed a small bounce on mixed inflation data and stayed just above 1.67.
- London open: Stocks fall after China data and mixed corporate news Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:40 BST
Chinese new credit falls in March, money supply slows down; Corporate earnings/updates receive mixed reaction; Economic data in focus later on.
- London midday: Stocks edge lower as investors digest data, earnings Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 01:11 BST
Chinese, UK and German data disappoints; UK corporate updates come in mixed; US data, earnings in focus this afternoon.
- Army general upholds Manning's prison sentence in WikiLeaks case Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 20:43 BST
NEW YORK (Frankfurt: HX6.F - news) , April 14 (Reuters) - A U.S. Army general has denied clemency for Chelsea Manning and upheld the former soldier's 35-year prison sentence for providing secret files to WikiLeaks in the biggest breach of classified materials in U.S. history, the Army said Monday. Major General Jeffrey …
- London close: Stocks rise despite tensions in Ukraine Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 18:22 BST
FTSE closes down 22.06 at 6,583.76; Tensions in Eastern Europe provide drag; BP a notable faller; US retail sales beat expectations
- FTSE 100 movers: Supermarkets, miners lead, airlines fly lower Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 17:41 BST
Sainsbury was a strong riser as it recovered from last week's news that it had lost some of its market share to the likes of discount stores Lidl and Aldi.
- Tuesday preview: Aggreko, GKN report Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 17:00 BST
Temporary power company Aggreko is expected to report first quarter growth on the back of an increase in order intake.
- How Safe Is Your Money In Royal Mail PLC? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:38 BST
After a strong start to the year, Royal Mail PLC (LON:RMG) shares are on the slide. Should shareholders be worried?
- Week Ahead: Eurozone CPI and raft of Chinese data may hold key Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 09:50 BST
The next week will be a holiday shortened one, but will nevertheless see the release of a raft of macroeconomic indicators.
- Business news and markets: as it happened - April 14, 2014 Telegraph - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 08:42 BST
Oil prices climb higher as the European Union plans a "third tier" of economic sanctions against Russia
- London midday: Sell-off continues on Ukraine crisis, but defensives gain Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 01:12 BST
Ukraine calls on pro-Russian radicals to lay down arms; Defensive stocks, consumer staples rise as risk appetite falls; Glencore Xstrata sells Las Bambas for 5.85bn dollars.
- House prices hit new peak as supply tightens in South Telegraph - Sun, Apr 13, 2014 22:45 BST
Many popular locations are suffering from for sale sign "black spots" due to properties being snapped up, says Rightmove
- Subway 'exploring' Formula One sponsorship Telegraph - Sun, Apr 13, 2014 20:08 BST
F1 would help to boost Subway’s profile in Europe where it is rapidly expanding
- Centrica searches for Sam Laidlaw's successor Telegraph - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 18:40 BST
Energy giant's chief expected to step down by the end of the year as company faces unprecedented political pressure
- London close: FTSE ends week on sour note as stocks plunge Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 18:15 BST
FTSE ends 80.27 higher at 6,561.70; Poor weather hits Feb UK construction; Osborne says economic recovery vindicates his approach; MPs to move ahead with proposals for all-female short-lists
- FTSE 100 movers: Fresnillo escapes the storm after JP Morgan hikes target Sharecast - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 16:37 BST
JPMorgan Cazenove has lifted its price target for Fresnillo from 965p to 1,030p and kept an 'overweight' rating, saying it continues to favour the Mexican precious metals producer over sector peer Hochschild ...
- Indian shares hit by profit-taking ahead of earnings, inflation data Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 11, 2014 12:11 BST
Indian shares fell on Friday, retreating from record highs hit in the previous session as blue chips such as Reliance Industries declined ahead of quarterly earnings and inflation data due next week. Sentiment ...
- Fund Managers Gain New Voice With ABI Merger Sky News - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 20:52 BST
Sky News can reveal that the investment affairs division of the Association of British Insurers (ABI) is to merge with the Investment Management Association (IMA) to create a focal point for asset managers to act as the stewards of one of the world's largest pools of capital. The ABI will continue to represent companies …
- London close: FTSE loses steam after earlier gains Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 18:10 BST
FTSE closes up 6.36 points at 6,641.97; Data positive for housing in UK; BoE keeps monetary policy unchanged
- FTSE 250 movers: Kazakhmys slides after broker assesments Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 17:21 BST
Kazakhmys was in the bottom spot on the second tier after a week of unimpressive broker comments. On Tuesday Deutsche Bank reiterated its 'sell' rating, while Investec reduced its price target from 294p ...
- FTSE 100 movers: M&S leads the way lower Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 17:00 BST
With UK sales remaining stubbornly flat, Marks and Spencer stitched together a more encouraging fourth-quarter result, but was nonetheless sat firmly in the bottom spot on the FTSE today. The group said ...
- Friday preview: German inflation, US consumer confidence Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 16:53 BST
US consumer confidence and German inflation figures will take centre stage on Friday.
- Cantor still selling Royal Mail on prospect of 'nasty battle' Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 16:52 BST
Broker Cantor Fitzgerald has maintained its 'sell' stance on Royal Mail Group (RMG), the day after UK postal regulator Ofcom confirmed it will investigate the company's proposals on access charges.
- Profit taking weighs on Indian shares after record highs Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 11:54 BST
Indian shares retreated from record highs hit earlier in the session to end flat as profit-taking hit blue chips such as Infosys Ltd on caution ahead of the release of quarterly earnings and inflation ...
- London open: Stocks rise strongly after Fed minutes Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 10:10 BST
FOMC minutes reveal dovish stance; BoE, economic data in focus today; M&S, Hays and 888 gain after trading updates; RBS pays to cancel dividend access share.
- Can Royal Mail PLC Make £1 Billion Profit? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 09:26 BST
Will Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG) be able to drive profits higher?
- London midday: Stocks erase early gains, BoE holds rates Sharecast - Thu, Apr 10, 2014 01:16 BST
BoE holds rates, US jobless claims ahead; FOMC minutes reveal dovish stance; M&S erases gains after trading update; RBS pays to cancel dividend access share.
- London close: FTSE ends with decent gains Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 18:06 BST
FTSE 100 closes up 44.92 points at 6,635.61; Shop prices plummet as retailers fight for business; February trade data shows UK still struggling to rebalance
- FTSE 250 movers: Carillion rises on Cantor upgrade Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 17:26 BST
Carillion rose strongly after Cantor Fitzgerald upgraded the stock from 'hold' to 'buy' and increased its target price from 350p to 420p.
- FTSE 100 movers: Barratt Developments rises on broker comment Sharecast - Wed, Apr 9, 2014 16:21 BST
Barratt Developments raced to the top of the leaderboard today after Deutsche Bank named the house builder as a top pick.