- Mutual and neutral: will Nikkei prove a suitable fit for the FT? Telegraph - 14 minutes ago
The newspaper faces a more guarded corporate culture under its new Japanese owner, writes Christopher Williams
- MEDIA-ITV threatens ministers over catch-up reforms -Sky News Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Sector movers: Aerospace and defence stocks lead London market higher Sharecast - 22 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Aerospace and defence, and media stocks led the London market higher as miners continued to struggle on Friday.
- Sky Italia agrees to buy Viacom's MTV Italia Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
European pay TV company Sky has agreed to buy Italy's MTV free-to-air channel from U.S. media group Viacom, a move that could pressure local market leader Mediaset. Sky Italia, the Italian arm of Sky, ...
- London close: FTSE finishes on the front foot as investors weigh earnings and data Sharecast - 23 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 picked up steam to close on a positive note after a mixed day of corporate reports and economic data.
- Market overview: FTSE ends up a touch higher after mixed day of earnings and data Sharecast - 23 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 1650 (Close): The FTSE 100 ended the day up 27.41 points to 6,696.28 after a mixed day of corporate reports and economic data. Eurozone inflation held steady in July while US consumer ...
- July is now fifth busiest high-grade month on record Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
The Bank of America Merrill Lynch Master Index hit its widest levels of the year this week at Treasuries plus 156bp. As a result of broader market volatility due to worries about Greece and Chinese stock markets at the end of June and into July, the first high-grade deal did not price until July 7. Cable services company …
- UK's FTSE rises for fourth day, Rolls Royce rallies Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 16:56 BST
Britain's top equity index gained ground for the fourth day in a row on Friday, lifted by a rise in the shares of engine maker Rolls Royce and cruise ship company Carnival. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index ...
- Chime Comms agrees takeover by WPP and US buyout firm Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 16:45 BST
(ShareCast News) - Advertising giant WPP and US buyout firm Providence have signed a deal to buy London-listed Chime Communications for £374m.
- FTSE 250 movers: JD Sports surges on beefed up profit forecast, Moneysupermarket drops as Lewis sells shares Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 16:31 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was up 0.6% at 17,618.23 at 14:51 BST, with online retailer JD Sports Fashion pacing the advance.
- ITV Threatens Ministers Over Catch-Up Reforms Sky News - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 15:58 BST
ITV (LSE: ITV.L - news) is threatening ministers with legal action over plans that will force users of some digital catch-up TV services to buy a television licence as part of a radical overhaul of the BBC’s funding. Sky News has learnt that Adam Crozier, the company’s chief executive, has written to ministers to express …
- Britain's FTSE fortified by gains at ITV and Carnival Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 15:40 BST
Britain's top equity index forged ahead on Friday, lifted by a rise in the shares of media group ITV and cruise ship company Carnival, which set the market up for a fourth straight day of gains. The blue-chip ...
- Why I’d Hold Onto Moneysupermarket.Com Group PLC And ITV plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 15:14 BST
Roland Head explains why shareholders in Moneysupermarket.Com Group PLC (LON:MONY) and ITV plc (LON:ITV) could profit by doing nothing.
- Britain's FTSE slips as mining stocks weaken Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 12:38 BST
Britain's top equity index edge down on Friday as a pullback in mining stocks weighed on the market, which had risen for the last three sessions in a row. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was down 0.1 percent at 6,661.53 points going into the middle of the trading session. Mining stocks such as Antofagasta (Other OTC: ANFGF …
- WPP, Providence to buy Chime in sports marketing push Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 11:04 BST
WPP Plc, the world's largest advertising group by revenue, has teamed up with U.S. buyout firm Providence Equity Partners LLC to buy Chime Communications Plc and make a big push into sports marketing. ...
- Is It Too Late To Buy Into Growth Stars Greggs plc, Rightmove plc And Renishaw plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 10:39 BST
Have these growth stars got more to give? This Fool takes a look at Greggs plc (LON: GRG), Rightmove plc (LON: RMV) and Renishaw plc (LON: RSW)
- London open: Shares open slightly higher ahead of US data Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 10:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 opened indecisively as investors sifted through earnings and looked ahead to US data releases.
- Liberty Global ups stake in ITV to just under 10% Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:53 BST
(ShareCast News) - Liberty Global has acquired 138.7m shares in ITV, upping its stake in the broadcaster to 9.9%.
- Ex-divs to take 9.70 points off FTSE 100 on Aug. 6 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:48 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Form 8.3 - Chime Communications Business Wire - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:36 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- Britain's FTSE forges ahead as BG and ITV rise Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:34 BST
Britain's top equity index moved forward on Friday as a rise in the shares of media group ITV and energy company BG set the market up for a fourth straight day of gains. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index, which ...
- UBM first half profit down but full year outlook unchanged Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 09:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - UBM posted a 37.2% decline in first half pre-tax profit, and said it was confident of meeting full-year expectations.
- BUZZ-UBM: rallies on robust H1 and allayed China fears Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 08:57 BST
** UBM up 5.3 pct after co reports a strong H1 and says confident about FY outlook ** The events and communications co says H1 reported revenue jumps 26.3 pct, buoyed by the inclusion of its recent acquisition ...
- BUZZ-ITV: Liberty Global increases stake to 9.9 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 08:36 BST
** Television broadcaster's shares up 1.8 pct, second-largest FTSE 100 gainer, after Liberty Global ups stake in co to 9.9 pct ** Liberty says it still does not intend to make offer for ITV ** Liberty's ...
- BUZZ-Moneysupermarket: biggest one-day drop in 2 months on stake sale Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 08:31 BST
** Moneysupermarket.com down c.5 pct, 2nd-top FTSE 250 loser & on track for largest one-day drop in nearly two months ** Bookrunner Credit Suisse places 13.3 mln shares, or c.2.4 pct of co's issued share ...
- BUZZ-Chime: WPP & Providence agree deal Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 08:26 BST
** Chime Communications rises about 5 pct on being bought out by WPP and buyout firm Providence for 374 mln pounds ** Chime, which has been bought in a bid to be turned into a global sports marketing agency, ...
- Liberty Global ups stake in broadcaster ITV to 9.9 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 08:00 BST
European cable operator Liberty Global said it had raised its stake in ITV (LSE: ITV.L - news) to 9.9 percent through a hedging deal but still had no intention of taking over Britain's biggest free-to-air commercial TV firm. Liberty, the owner of pay-TV company Virgin Media, took a 6.4 percent stake in ITV a year ago, …
- WPP and Providence agree Chime deal for 374 mln stg Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 07:18 BST
Martin Sorrell's WPP and buyout firm Providence agreed on Friday to buy British marketing group Chime Communications for 374 million pounds in a bid to turn the smaller group into a global sports marketing ...
- Desperate to sell? The record-breaking house that estate agents can't wait for you to see Telegraph - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 06:00 BST
Lofties, in Worksop, breaks the record for the most photos uploaded onto Britain's biggest property site, with 142 pictures included in the advert
- London midday: FTSE in the red on mixed earnings, data Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 01:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 slipped into the red on the back of a flat session in Asian markets, mixed earnings releases and economic data.
- Guess why this country mansion is the latest freak occurrence on Rightmove Telegraph - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 22:59 BST
It's not house prices or the square footage. Find out why this home in rural Nottinghamshire is breaking records
- The record-breaking house that estate agents can't wait for you to see Telegraph - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 22:59 BST
It's not the house price or the square footage. Guess why this country pile in rural Nottinghamshire is the latest freak occurrence on Rightmove
- Amazon’s deal with Jeremy Clarkson shows the BBC licence fee is obsolete Telegraph - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 21:03 BST
The Beeb’s campaign to retain the licence fee is a classic case of corporate short-termism
- Friday preview: Lloyds reports first quarterly results since full TSB split Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 18:36 BST
(ShareCast News) - Lloyds Banking Group on Friday reports its first quarterly results since it cut ties with TSB completely.
- FTSE 100 movers: Shell rallies on better-than-expected earnings, but Centrica drops after announcing job cuts Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 17:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's top-flight index was up 0.6% at 6,670 by 15:41 BST, as investors waded through a raft of earnings reports.