- London close: Aberdeen Asset Management leads FTSE lower Sharecast - 16 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - In contrast to its European peers, the FTSE 100 ended lower on Monday, closing 19.06 points to 6,356.09 as it was pulled down by Aberdeen Asset Management and BHP Billiton.
- £250bn M&G Boss: Increase Pay And End Bonuses Sky News - 16 hours ago
Britain's biggest companies should hand top executives a big increase in their basic pay while abolishing annual bonus awards, according to the head of one of the City's leading fund managers. Sky News can reveal that Michael McLintock, chief executive of M&G Investments - which manages roughly £250bn of investors' money …
- Tuesday preview: British banks brace for BoE's stress test results Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Bank of England is expected to tell British banks on Tuesday to boost capital buffers to shield against another financial crisis.
- Business Must 'Step Up' On Climate Change Sky News - 18 hours ago
The boss of consumer goods giant Unilever (NYSE: UL - news) has told Sky News he would work with rivals to help ensure big business "steps up" its contribution to tackling global warming. Paul Polman issued the rallying call as the biggest climate change summit the world has seen, known as COP21, got under way in Paris. …
- UK public's inflation expectations sag to six-month low in Nov - Citi/YouGov Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
The British public's expectations for inflation over the coming year fell to a six-month-low in November, according to a survey published on Monday. The monthly YouGov (LSE: YOU.L - news) /Citi survey found year-ahead inflation expectations slipped to 1.2 percent from 1.4 percent in October, when Britain marked two consecutive …
- London open: Stocks fall on commodity slump Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 09:13 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks opened in negative territory on Monday as a commodity slump continued to provide a drag.
- The week ahead in business and finance Telegraph - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 18:32 GMT
Economic and corporate news expected from Monday, November 30, to Friday, December 4.
- Financial Times and Guardian 'conspired' in delivery turf war Telegraph - Sat, Nov 28, 2015 19:10 GMT
High Court case exposes allegations of tyre slashing as Nikkei takeover looms
- London close: Stocks pulled lower by mining slump after China sell-off Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 17:10 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks ended lower on Friday on a slump in the mining sector as commodity prices declined.
- UBM in final push to sell PR Newswire -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 16:42 GMT
UBM Plc is in the final stages of discussions to divest PR Newswire Association LLC, with Cision and Vista Equity Partners Management LLC competing to acquire the press release distributor, people familiar ...
- FTSE 100 movers: Heavily-weighted miners weigh but Severn Trent rallies again Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 15:50 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was down 0.4% to 6,367.74 at 1540 GMT in thin trading, as US markets were only open for half a day due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Should You Buy These Stocks Near 52-Week Lows? Countrywide PLC, Thomas Cook Group plc, Vislink plc, Daily Mail and General Trust plc & UK Mail Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 12:42 GMT
Is it time to buy Countrywide PLC (LON: CWD), Thomas Cook Group plc (LON: TCG), Vislink plc (LON: VLK), Daily Mail and General Trust plc (LON: DMGT) and UK Mail Group PLC (LON: UKM)?
- Zoopla zooms back on Exane and Investec upgrades Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 11:05 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Zoopla Property Group was upgraded by Exane and Investec on bullishness about the company's ability to maintain its position in the market for property websites.
- London open: Stocks decline on commodities slump Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 09:17 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks declined on Friday morning as commodities reversed the previous day's rally and investors awaited the release of gross domestic product data.
- Can Homes Plays Taylor Wimpey plc (+36%), Crest Nicholson PLC (+33%) & Rightmove Plc (+73%) Build On 2015’s Gains? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 07:57 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over stock rockets Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW), Crest Nicholson PLC (LON: CRST) and Rightmove Plc (LON: RMV).
- London midday: Miners drag stocks lower as traders weigh UK, Japan data Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 00:07 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Mining stocks dragged UK equities lower on Friday at midday as investors sifted through mixed economic data.
- Altice wins French Premier League TV rights AFP - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 21:03 GMT
- Altice beats Canal+ to English Premier League rights in France Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 18:41 GMT
Telecoms group Altice has won exclusive French broadcasting rights for English soccer's Premier League for the next three seasons, dealing a blow to current broadcaster Canal Plus, owned by rival media ...
- Britain's Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 18:19 GMT
Prime Minister David Cameron said on Thursday it was time to join air strikes against Islamic State in Syria because Britain cannot "subcontract its security to other countries". Many Britons are wary of entering into another war in the Middle East after Western intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya failed to bring …
- After welfare U-turn, Osborne faces more hurdles to top UK job Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 15:55 GMT
British finance minister George Osborne has fixed a big mistake of his own making by ditching an unpopular part of his austerity drive, but he still faces hurdles in his bid to become the country's next prime minister. Osborne has sat at David Cameron's side since their days in opposition, and Cameron has allowed him to …
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners rally but BHP Billiton bucks the trend on UN claims Sharecast - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 15:25 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was up 0.7% to 6,379.38 at 1507 GMT, with miners providing much of the support as markets were fairly calm with the US closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Will BT Group plc, Burberry Group plc And ITV plc Beat The Footsie In 2016? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 13:09 GMT
Are these 3 stocks on the cusp of stunning returns? BT Group plc (LON: BT.A), Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) and ITV plc (LON: ITV)
- George Osborne showed we need investment from China, not Mao's Little Red Book Telegraph - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 11:30 GMT
My family left Chairman Mao's China for the opportunity society offered by Britain, something the Chancellor's Autumn Statement builds on
- BUZZ-DMGT: bounces off lows after SocGen upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 10:03 GMT
** DMGT rises 3.8 pct off a 2.5 yr low hit on Wednesday after SocGen upgrades to "hold" from "sell" ** Says significantly less scope for more bad news following disappointing FY15 results ...
- London open: Mining stocks lead FTSE higher amid lack of data Sharecast - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 09:12 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks opened on the front foot on Thursday, led by mining stocks, amid no notable economic data releases as traders in the US took a break for Thanksgiving.
- Star fund manager: 'This stock has grown 200pc in a year - and has further to go' Telegraph - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 08:51 GMT
JP Morgan UK Dynamic has returned 50pc over the past three years. Manager Blake Crawford explains why he is backing retailers and housebuilders
- Top fund manager: 'Next is a great investment unlike Tesco' Telegraph - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 08:51 GMT
Fund focus: JP Morgan UK Dynamic has returned 50pc over the past three years. Manager Blake Crawford explains why he is backing retailers and housebuilders
- London midday: Metals prices lift stocks as Thanksgiving holiday thins volumes Sharecast - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 00:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Mining companies gave the UK equity market a boost on Thursday as metal prices increased.
- London close: FTSE boosted by housebuilding stocks after Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday with housebuilding stocks leading the way after Chancellor George Osborne announced measures to support the sector in his joint Spending Review and Autumn ...
- Vodafone snubs investor demands, pulls bond instead Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:19 GMT
Vodafone fell victim to the picky corporate bond market this week, opting to pull its deal rather than relent to investor demands for chunkier spreads and greater risk protection. The sticking point appeared to be the absence of a change-of-control (CoC) provision - a covenant that forces issuers to redeem bonds, usually …
- Why I’d Steer Clear of Daily Mail and General Trust plc, Chemring plc & HSS Hire Group PLC Today Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 12:32 GMT
A Fool explains why Daily Mail and General Trust plc (LON:DMGT), Chemring plc (LON:CHG) and HSS Hire Group PLC (LON:HSS) remain unattractive despite positive updates.
- Are Standard Chartered plc, Glencore plc & Pearson plc Still Solid Stocks? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 09:59 GMT
A look at how Standard Chartered plc (LON:STAN), Glencore plc (LON:GLEN) & Pearson plc (LON:PSON) are responding to cyclical and structural changes in the market.
- UK's Osborne to set out new spending purge, bets on voter support Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 09:41 GMT
British finance minister George Osborne will renew his push to fix the country's public finances on Wednesday, taking a gamble that voters will accept four more years of deep spending cuts. Osborne, a contender to be Britain's next prime minister, is expected to tell parliament that he is still aiming for a budget surplus …
- Daily Mail publisher warns over decline of print Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 09:23 GMT
Advertising especially uncertain as full-year results prompt cut in forecasts
- Daily Mail sees tough ad market in 2016 after profits dips Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 07:17 GMT
The publisher of Britain's Daily Mail said a tough print advertising market was likely to hit its performance next year after it reported a 4 percent fall in pretax profits for the year to Sept. 30. "The challenging market conditions in the UK print advertising market and those facing Euromoney in the investment banking …