- London close: Stocks slide as Yellen sparks recession worries Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 slumped on Thursday as Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen said there was a "chance" of a recession.
- Johnston Press in talks to buy Independent's budget sister title Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
Britain's Johnston Press (Berlin: JPR1.BE - news) is in advanced talks to buy Britain's "i" newspaper from its Russian owners in a deal that could cast doubt over the future of sister paper The Independent at a time of falling circulation for print media. Johnston, publisher of The Scotsman newspaper, said on Thursday …
- Johnston Press confirms talks to buy i newspaper for £24m cash Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Johnston Press confirmed it is in late-stage discussions to buy the i newspaper from the publisher of the Independent, with a likely cash price of £24m.
- BUZZ-Informa: FY results beat boosts stock Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
** Publishing and events company Informa's shares up 4.6 pct, 1 of 13 stocks on Stoxx 600 in positive territory, after reporting FY adjusted EPS ahead of expectations ** Co says FY adjusted EPS 42.9p vs ...
- Publicis sees modest growth in 2016 after strong final quarter Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
France's Publicis (Paris: FR0000130577 - news) predicted modest underlying growth for 2016 but avoided setting precise full-year targets as it digests a $3.7 billion acquisition and reorganises its businesses. The full integration of digital and ad specialist Sapient, bought a year ago, and the internal reorganisation …
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Swedish rates: accentuating the negative Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
Fed Chair Janet Yellen's signalling that tighter credit markets, volatile financial markets and uncertainty over China have all raised risks to the U.S. economy will chip away at any lingering expectations ...
- 3 Major Movers Worth Buying Today? Domino’s Pizza Group PLC, Pinewood Group PLC And CPP Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 12:08 GMT
Is now the perfect time to buy Domino's Pizza Group PLC (LON: DOM), Pinewood Group PLC (LON: PWS) and CPP Group Plc (LON: CPP)?
- Pinewood Group, studio home of James Bond, could be put up for sale Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 09:26 GMT
Pinewood Group (LSE: 1857523.L - news) , owner of the British studio where James Bond is filmed, said the firm could be sold as it looks to boost shareholder value and help the company grow. Pinewood, which has a market capitalisation of more than 250 million pounds ($362.23 million), said on Wednesday it had appointed …
- Nobel Upstream says buys Shell's stake in Maclure North Sea field Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 08:18 GMT
Nobel Upstream, a privately held British oil explorer, said on Wednesday it had agreed to buy Shell's 7.59 percent stake in the Maclure North Sea oilfield for an undisclosed sum. The field, operated by ...
- MORNING BID EUROPE-EU founders warn against "selfish interests" Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 08:17 GMT
Meeting in Rome, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg pledged to pursue a closer union but said they were concerned about the state of the European project. The European Commission weekly meeting also focuses on the migration crisis a week ahead of EU summit on the same issue. No major decisions …
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 17:45 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...
- European, US stocks hammered by finance sector woes AFP - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 23:17 GMT
- Investec downgrades WPP to 'hold' Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 11:55 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Investec downgraded WPP to 'hold' from 'add' and cut the price target to 1,380p from 1,480p, pointing to increased risk to global GDP expectations, "whether perceived or real is ...
- BT launches search for new finance director Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 07:11 GMT
BT said on Monday it had started to look for a new finance director to replace Tony Chanmugam but that no formal decision had been taken on a replacement or when the change would be made. Sky News reported ...
- London midday: Chinese currency reserves report sparks selling Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 00:48 GMT
(ShareCast News) - A renewed drop in crude oil futures and another worrisome report on the pace at which China was burning through its foreign currency reserves weighed on the stockmarket on Monday.
- BT Finance Chief Chanmugam To Step Down Sky News - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 16:48 GMT
The long-serving finance director of BT Group (LSE: BT-A.L - news) is preparing to step down within months of the telecommunications regulator delivering its verdict on the company's structure. Sky News has learnt that Tony Chanmugam, who has held the role since 2008, is expected to hand over the reins later this year. …
- The shine has come off Brand Trump but don’t write him off yet Telegraph - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 16:16 GMT
Trump has provided almost all the Republican sizzle in the Presidential race and it has served him well
- Presidential power: the race for the top US job can bruise candidates as well as world markets Telegraph - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 14:47 GMT
After a torrid start to the year for financial markets, the campaign trail’s key issues could have a dramatic effect on stocks
- Poland's Kaczynski backs deal with Cameron to keep Britain in EU Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 18:38 GMT
WARSAW/COPENHAGEN, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron secured the support of Poland's most powerful man on Friday for a proposed deal to keep Britain in the European Union, though an opinion poll suggested voters may still reject continued membership in a planned referendum. To win a vote expected in June on …
- Zayn scores fastest-selling single of 2016 with solo release Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 18:00 GMT
The debut solo of former One Direction singer Zayn shot straight to the top of the British charts on Friday as the fastest-selling single of 2016 so far, while David Bowie continued to dominate the albums. ...
- London close: Stocks end lower on disappointing non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 17:08 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 closed in the red on Friday as the US non-farm payrolls report came in worse than anticipated.
- Should You Buy These 3 Major Movers? French Connection Group, W Resources PLC And Audioboom Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 17:06 GMT
Will these 3 stocks deliver stunning capital gains? French Connection Group (LON: FCCN), W Resources PLC (LON: WRES) and Audioboom Group PLC (LON: BOOM)
- Brexit concerns topple sterling from 1-month high Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 15:25 GMT
Sterling retreated from a one-month high against the dollar on Friday, hurt by a poll that showed that those campaigning for Britain to leave the European Union had taken a 9-point lead, triggering renewed anxiety among investors. In the afternoon session, it lost a bit more ground against the dollar after a key jobs report …
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Cameron on European charm tour Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 08:09 GMT
Polls on whether Britain should stay in the EU or not have to be taken with a pinch of salt but the latest YouGov (LSE: YOU.L - news) survey, conducted two days after PM David Cameron set out the reform proposals he would be pushing for, is interesting: it shows the "leave" campaign taking a nine-point lead over the "in" …
- Campaign for 'Brexit' takes nine-point lead- YouGov poll Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 07:04 GMT
The campaign for Britain to leave the European Union has taken a nine-point lead over the rival 'in' campaign, according to a poll taken since Prime Minister David Cameron set out his proposals to keep the country in the bloc. The survey by YouGov (LSE: YOU.L - news) in the Times newspaper, taken in the two days after …
- Pearson downgraded with stable outlook by Moody's Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 19:31 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Global education publisher Pearson has seen its ratings downgraded by Moody's, following the close of markets on Thursday.
- Small caps news round-up Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:45 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Forbidden Technologies was celebrating its first contract win for its social video platform on Thursday, after a number of proof-of-concept trials. The AIM-traded technology firm's 'eva' ...
- WikiLeaks' Assange 'arbitrarily detained' in Ecuador's London embassy, UN panel to say Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 15:21 GMT
STOCKHOLM/LONDON, Feb 4 (Reuters) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's three-and-a-half-year stay in the Ecuadorian embassy in London to avoid rape investigation in Sweden amounts to 'arbitrary detention', a United Nations panel will rule on Friday. Britain said it had never arbitrarily detained Assange and that the Australian …
- Beazley moves its tax base back to Britain from Ireland Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 09:08 GMT
Insurance firm has been domiciled in Ireland since 2009
- FTSE 100 jumps as weak dollar lifts commodities Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 07:29 GMT
Market Report: Miners enjoy best day in seven years
- Millions could see mobile phone bills frozen under Three-O2 merger plans Telegraph - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 21:20 GMT
Hutchison puts forward proposals to gain approval for £10.25bn merger of O2 and Three
- Strike at Financial Times called off AFP - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 21:08 GMT
- BT outage intensifies questions over future of Openreach Telegraph - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 16:14 GMT
Regulator 'more likely' to threaten BT with tighter regulation and performance monitoring after hundreds of thousands of internet customers were cut off
- Poll: Two-Thirds Say EU Proposals A Bad Deal Sky News - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 14:44 GMT
More than two-thirds of voters think the EU blueprint is a bad deal, Sky News data suggests. The same poll indicates that despite David Cameron saying he has delivered "significant change", nearly half of the public say the new proposals would make them less likely to vote to stay in the EU. The results come as Mr Cameron …
- Johnston Press rallies on pension deficit reduction Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 11:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Johnston Press said the findings of the study it carried out to assess the liabilities of its pension plan are expected to reduce the present value of the media group's plan by around ...