- UK's Brexit 'In' camp tied with 'Out' ahead of vote -YouGov poll Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
The campaign to keep Britain in the European Union has tied with the "Out" camp, according to an opinion poll by YouGov (LSE: YOU.L - news) which was reported by a journalist at The Times newspaper. Fourty-one percent of respondents wanted Britain to stay in EU compared with 41 percent who wanted the country to leave, …
- US STOCKS-Banks and tech drive Wall St up over 1 percent Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Wall Street surged more than 1 percent on Tuesday and the Nasdaq had its strongest day in three months as investors made peace with the possibility that the U.S. Federal Reserve might soon raise interest ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St surges over 1 percent, banks and tech rally Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Wall Street surged over 1 percent on Tuesday, with solid gains in technology and bank shares as investors grew more comfortable with the possibility that the U.S. Federal Reserve might soon raise interest ...
- U.S. new homes sales hit 8-year high, point to firming economy Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
Tuesday's report from the Commerce Department, which also showed a surge in new home prices to a record high, offered further evidence of a pick-up in economic growth that could allow the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates soon. The Federal Reserve can raise rates at their June meeting without fear the economy is …
- Wednesday preview: Investors eye M&S full year results Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Marks & Spencer's struggling clothing division comes under the microscope on Wednesday when the retailer reports its full year results.
- Why I’m avoiding FTSE 100 growth duds Rio Tinto plc, Centrica plc and Pearson plc Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Royston Wild explains why FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stalwarts Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO), Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and Pearson plc (LON: PSON) should keep on struggling.
- US open: Stocks rebound as Fed remains in focus Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US stocks rebounded on Tuesday from the previous day's decline amid speculation of an interest rate hike in June.
- Dutch F-35 jets touch down for European air show debut AFP - 9 hours ago
- 3 small cap shares for the next decade: Poundland Group plc, Trinity Mirror plc, Helical Bar plc? Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Do Poundland Group plc (LON: PLND), Trinity Mirror plc (LON: TNI) and Helical Bar plc (LON: HLCL) have a great long-term future?
- Should you buy Entertainment One Ltd, Big Yellow Group plc and De La Rue plc on today’s news? Fool.co.uk - 11 hours ago
Royston Wild discusses the investment prospects of Entertainment One Ltd (LON: ETO), Big Yellow Group plc (LON: BYG) and De La Rue plc (LON: DLAR).
- US pre-open: Stocks seen touch higher with Fed still in focus Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - US futures pointed to a slightly firmer open on Wall Street in a rebound from Monday's declines, although the focus is expected to remain firmly on the Federal Reserve and the timing ...
- Fracking given green light in North Yorkshire Sky News - Mon, May 23, 2016 23:41 BST
- FDA staff question usefulness of Sanofi diabetes drugs Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 18:05 BST
Food and Drug Administration questioned the usefulness of a combination diabetes drug made by Sanofi SA's and said it was unclear whether one component, lixisenatide, contributed to its benefit. The French drugmaker is seeking approval for lixisenatide alone and as part of a combination product, iGlarLixi, which Sanofi …
- Hedge fund TCI says first-quarter performance flat as VW, Porsche drag -letter Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 17:07 BST
Activist hedge fund TCI, which has called for rapid reforms at Volkswagen (LSE: 0P6N.L - news) , said the German carmaker and its Porsche unit were the biggest drags on the fund's flat first quarter performance, according to an investor letter. Billionaire Chris Hohn's London-based hedge fund wrote to the VW board on …
- FDA staff question dosing of Sanofi combination diabetes drug Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 13:49 BST
A preliminary review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration questioned whether Sanofi SA's experimental drug lixisenatide contributed any benefit to a fixed-dose combination diabetes product the company ...
- Are Interserve plc, Restaurant Group plc, Pearson plc, BAE Systems plc and Purplebricks Group plc set to soar? Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 23, 2016 12:43 BST
Should you pile into these 5 stocks right now? Interserve plc (LON: IRV), Restaurant Group plc (LON: RTN), Pearson plc (LON: PSON), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA) and Purplebricks Group plc (LON: PURP)
- Morgan Stanley cuts Inmarsat to 'equalweight' Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 10:52 BST
(ShareCast News) - Morgan Stanley downgraded Inmarsat to 'equalweight' from 'overweight' and slashed the price target to 800p from 1,350p as it cut its earnings forecasts for the stock.
- Broker tips: Sports Direct, Royal Mail, Inmarsat Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 01:33 BST
(ShareCast News) - Goldman Sachs has downgraded Sports Direct International to a 'neutral' rating and taken the retailer off its Pan-Europe Buy List after cutting its earnings per share (EPS) forecasts ...
- UK's Cameron battles his own party as Brexit row focuses on Turkey Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, May 22, 2016 19:32 BST
Chief (Taiwan OTC: 3345.TWO - news) 'In' campaigner Prime Minister David Cameron clashed with members of his own party on Sunday over the impending referendum on Britain's European Union membership, dismissing claims that he would be powerless to stop Turkey joining the EU. Cameron is leading the campaign to keep Britain …
- Brexit Will Hit You At The Checkout, PM Warns Sky News - Sun, May 22, 2016 18:04 BST
Mr Cameron later visited an Asda supermarket in Hayes with the Remain campaigner and former acting Labour leader, Harriet Harman. Harriet Harman told Sky (LSE: BSY.L - news) 's Murnaghan programme later: "It is a fact that the biggest food imports we get into this country is from the EU and if were outside the free tariff …
- UK's Cameron says Trump comments on Muslim ban "very dangerous" Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, May 22, 2016 10:42 BST
British Prime Minister David Cameron said on Sunday U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump's comments on banning Muslims from entering the United States were "very dangerous", adding to his ...
- J. Walter Thompson, ex-CEO reject accuser's bias claims Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 20, 2016 20:01 BST
Lawyers for former J. Walter Thompson chief executive Gustavo Martinez on Friday struck back against a high-ranking colleague who accused him of sexist and racist behavior, saying her high-profile lawsuit failed to show a hostile work environment at the advertising agency. District Court in Manhattan (Hamburg: 32U.HM …
- How to sell your home and pay just £1 in estate agent fees Telegraph - Fri, May 20, 2016 14:31 BST
How to sell your home and pay just £1 in estate agent fees
- How to sell your home and pay just £1 Telegraph - Fri, May 20, 2016 14:31 BST
How to sell your home and pay just £1
- EU Referendum Scorecard: "In" edges ahead? Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 20, 2016 13:27 BST
Behind the noise of the referendum battle, five out of the seven most recent opinion polls showed the campaign to keep Britain in the European Union was in the lead, betting odds indicated a much higher chance of a vote to remain, and sterling rose. Boris Johnson began the week by saying the European Union was following …
- 4 ‘secret’ growth stocks you daren’t pass up on! Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 20, 2016 11:42 BST
Royston Wild looks at four FTSE SmallCap (INDEXFTSE: SMX) stars set to deliver splendid earnings growth.
- Is it time to sell cyclicals Lloyds Banking Group plc, Rightmove plc and Telford Homes plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 20, 2016 09:40 BST
Have shares of Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY), Rightmove plc (LON: RMV) and Telford Homes plc (LON: TEF) reached their peak?
- Friday preview: Spectris and Close Brothers update on quarterly trading Sharecast - Thu, May 19, 2016 18:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - Precision instruments maker Spectris will update the market on its first quarter trading on Friday after reporting soft full year results earlier in the year.
- London close: FTSE ends lower on prospect of US interest rate hike Sharecast - Thu, May 19, 2016 18:01 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 finished on the back foot on Thursday as the Federal Reserve's hawkish policy meeting minutes continued to weigh.
- Sterling hits 3 1/2-month high on strong retail sales data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 19, 2016 15:32 BST
Sterling soared to a 3 1/2-month high against a trade-weighted basket of currencies on Thursday, bolstered by a robust retail sales report for April and which diminished chances of an interest rate cut that some investors are factoring in. Retail sales increased 1.3 percent in April from a month ago, beating forecasts …
- Are shareholders right to revolt over £14m+ CEO paycheques at BP Plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc and WPP plc ord 10p? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 19, 2016 11:10 BST
Have CEO's deserved their pay at BP plc (LON: BPP), Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (LON: RB) and WPP plc ord 10p (LON:WPP)?
- Sterling slips against firm dollar, awaits UK retail sales data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 19, 2016 09:03 BST
Sterling eased against a strong dollar on Thursday, giving up some of its gains from Wednesday, when a poll showed support was growing for Britain to remain a member of the European Union. The dollar was higher against most major currencies after the minutes of the Federal Reserve's April meeting rekindled expectations …
- Sterling soars after Brexit poll gives "In" strong lead Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 18, 2016 15:28 BST
Sterling hit a three-month high against a trade-weighted basket of currencies on Wednesday, after a poll published just over a month before Britain's referendum on European Union membership gave the "In" camp an 18-point lead. Sterling strengthened to a ten-week high of 77.20 pence per euro, leaving it up almost 1.5 percent …
- Sterling hits 3-week high as Brexit poll gives "In" strong lead Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 18, 2016 12:49 BST
Sterling hit a three-week high against a trade-weighted basket of currencies on Wednesday, after a new poll published just over a month before Britain's referendum on European Union membership gave the "In" camp an 18-point lead. The new Ipsos (LSE: 0KA3.L - news) -Mori poll, commissioned by London's Evening Standard …
- Berenberg starts Just Eat at 'buy' Sharecast - Wed, May 18, 2016 11:48 BST
(ShareCast News) - Berenberg initiated coverage of Just Eat at 'buy' with a 530p price target, pointing to a compelling valuation.