- Yanis Varoufakis: Greece's 'erratic Marxist' AFP - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
- Bovis Homes hails bright housing market as sales climb Telegraph - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
The builder has enjoyed record house transactions in first-half of year
- Are these the top 35 business women in Britain today? Telegraph - 11 hours ago
This year's 35 Women Under 35 list highlights the importance of female entrepreneurs, says the report's authors
- A takeover frenzy is gripping British boardrooms Telegraph - Sat, Jul 4, 2015 14:54 BST
As mergers and acquisitions reach a record high Ashley Armstrong considers who is benefiting and what the downsides are
- Hundreds of flights canceled in Toronto fuel strike AFP - Sat, Jul 4, 2015 02:11 BST
- Week ahead: All eyes on Greece (and the US dollar) Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 20:41 BST
The very short-term outlook for financial markets has grown more uncertain, but that may throw up some investment opportunities.
- ITV's chairman buys new shares Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 17:05 BST
ITV's chairman increased his stake in the TV network one week after the group's acquisition of Boom Supervisory.
- M&A megadeals in 2015 highest since 1999 and feeding frenzy should continue Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 16:59 BST
Merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the first six months of 2015 reached the highest level since 2007, according to new data from Dealogic.
- Countrywide announces management shake-up Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 15:01 BST
Countrywide announced six new senior appointments and a shake-up of its structure on Friday, which involves bringing its core Estate Agency and Lettings divisions into one retail structure.
- Why You Can’t Go Wrong With Booker Group Plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC, WPP PLC ORD 10P And Talktalk Telecom Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 10:17 BST
Booker Group Plc (LON: BOK), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT), WPP PLC ORD 10P (LON: WPP) and Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (LON: TALK) are all focused on generating shareholder returns.
- Aetna to buy Humanna for $37bn as US health insurance bonanza rolls on Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 09:53 BST
US health insurer Aetna Inc has agreed to take over rival Humana Inc for roughly $37bn, capping off a frantic week of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the sector.
- Can 2015’s Winners-To-Date Taylor Wimpey plc, ITV plc And Royal Mail PLC Surge A Further 20%+? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 08:37 BST
Royston Wild looks at whether star stocks Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW), ITV plc (LON: ITV) and Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG) could be set to surge further.
- US stocks fall as Greek debt saga drags on AFP - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 22:51 BST
- US stocks end lower after mixed jobs report AFP - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 21:37 BST
- Advertising group WPP to appoint executive in Cuba Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:25 BST
WPP (LSE: WPP.L - news) , the world's biggest advertising group, is to appoint an executive in Cuba, saying on Thursday it would be the first major international communications services group to conduct business on the Communist-ruled island. The move comes a day after the United States and Cuba formally agreed to restore …
- Ocfom rebuffs ITV's retransmission idea but raises hopes for TV advertising review Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:22 BST
Television and telecoms regulator Ofcom put a dent in ITV's calls for 'retransmission' fees to be introduced, but said it might re-examine TV advertising minutage rules or impose a levy on pay-TV revenues....
- London close: BP leads UK stocks higher, but other markets slip Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:10 BST
Decent gains from blue chips BP and Dixons Carphone helped UK markets to rise on Thursday, bucking the negative trend seen across Europe as investors started to trim positions ahead of a pivotal weekend ...
- Speedy Hire's director buys shares after profit warning and CEO's resignation Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 17:20 BST
A non-executive director of Speedy Hire bought £15,597 of shares one day after the hire company's chief executive stepped down due to a profit warning.
- FTSE 100 movers: Intertek hit by downgrade, miners higher Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 17:10 BST
The FTSE 100 was buoyed by a tentative recovery in metal prices, strong construction data and gains in the pharmaceuticals, insurance and telecommunications sectors on Thursday.
- US health insurance deal action as Centene buys Health Net, Athem and Cigna talk merger Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 16:35 BST
US health insurer Centene has agreed to acquire rival Health Net for $6.3bn, while elsewhere in the sector reports suggested Anthem and Cigna had met for merger talks.
- US open: Stocks nudge higher as investors digest US jobs report Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 16:16 BST
US stocks nudged a little higher at the open on Thursday as investors overlooked ongoing uncertainty over Greece and a slightly-softer-than-expected US jobs report.
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Xoom, Tesla, Green Brick, BP, Frontline Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 14:40 BST
U.S. stocks opened higher on Thursday after data showed smaller-than-expected growth in U.S. jobs, reducing chances of an interest rate hike in September. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.30 percent ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Xoom, Tesla, Centene, BP, Aeropostale Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 14:20 BST
Wall Street was set to open higher on Thursday after data showed the labor market weakened in June, suggesting the U.S. Federal Reserve could hold off on raising interest rates in September. Dow Jones ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Tesla, gold miners, Xoom, Health Inc Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 13:42 BST
U.S. stock futures extended their gains on Thursday after data showed U.S. job growth slowed in June. Dow Jones industrial average e-mini futures were up 0.33 percent at 17,729, S&P 500 futures were up ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Tesla, Xoom, Centene, Health Inc Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 12:35 BST
U.S. stock index futures rose slightly on Thursday ahead of a critical job report that could feed into the U.S. Federal Reserve's decision on when to increase interest rates. Dow Jones industrial average ...
- UK broadcasters must adapt as TV watching moves online-regulator Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 09:48 BST
Britons are increasingly watching television online creating new challenges for the country's public service broadcasters (PSBs) which should look to adapt their models accordingly, said the country's telecoms regulator in a review. Ofcom said on Thursday only 69 percent of viewing by British adults was now through live …
- UK property shares live up to safe-haven tag in volatile world Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 07:00 BST
In a world of volatile market swings, Greek debt fears and an impending U.S. interest rate hike, one safe haven that has delivered on its promise is UK real estate. Many housebuilders lost well over half their market value after the housing crash in 2007, and their prices can be very sensitive to growth and consumer c …
- Acquisition Business Wire - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 07:00 BST
Next Fifteen Communications Group plc (“Next 15”) has acquired the entire issued share capital of IncrediBull World Limited (“IncrediBull”), a brand marketing consultancy based in London. The acquisition is consistent with Next 15’s stated intention to strengthen its UK operations and follows the acquisitions of Morar …
- London midday: Stocks rise after UK construction data, but gains limited Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 01:22 BST
The FTSE 100 edged higher on Thursday after a strong reading of UK construction activity, though gains were limited amid ongoing uncertainty in Greece and ahead of a closely-followed report on the US labour ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Teladoc, Comstock, Peabody, WPCS Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 18:57 BST
U.S. stocks shed some of their gains on Wednesday after euro zone finance ministers put off further bailout talks until after Sunday's referendum in Greece. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.58 ...
- Thursday preview: US non-farm payrolls to steal the show Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 17:33 BST
Along with the usual tug-and-way battle between Greece and its creditors that is likely to continue on Thursday, the all-important US employment report will still probably grab a few headlines.
- Mission Marketing launches sports and entertainment agency Mongoose Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 15:33 BST
Marketing communications and advertising group The Mission Marketing has launched Mongoose, a sports and entertainment agency.
- Can Barratt Developments Plc, Ocado Group PLC And ITV plc Keep On Climbing? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 15:08 BST
Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV), Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO) and ITV plc (LON: ITV) are soaring, so is it time to sell?
- UK inflation expectations rise in June - Citi/YouGov Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 08:40 BST
The British public's expectations for inflation in the next 12 months rose in June, according to a survey published on Wednesday. The monthly Citi/YouGov poll found year-ahead inflation expectations rose ...
- Questor share tips: Sell Pearson on US education weakness Telegraph - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 18:52 BST
The FTSE 100 media giant has focused on digital education services but signs of a US slowdown leave the shares exposed, says Questor