- Global stocks climb as US growth offsets China fears AFP - 4 hours ago
- Shell Nigeria declares force majeure on Bonny Light crude exports Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
LONDON/BANGALORE, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) 's Nigerian unit, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), declared force majeure on Bonny Light crude oil exports on Thursday after shutting down two key pipelines in the country due to a leak and theft. The Trans Niger Pipeline and the Nembe Creek Trunkline …
- BUZZ-Oil and gas producers, services providers: Oil prices rise 7 pct Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
** U.S.-listed shares of oil and gas producers and services providers rise on Thursday after oil prices rise as much as 7.6 pct, helped by a rally in equity markets and an unexpected fall in U.S. crude ...
- BUZZ-View from the buyside: AllianzGI buys more BP, Shell Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
** AllianzGI's Matthew Tillett takes advantage of depressed prices presented by the recent market meltdown to add to holdings in BP & Royal Dutch Shell as well as smaller cos in the sector ** Tillett, ...
- Shell declares force majeure on Nigerian Bonny oil exports Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell's Nigeria operation has declared force majeure on its Bonny Light crude oil exports after shutting down two key pipelines due to a leak and oil theft, the company said on Thursday. Shell ...
- Oil services firms beat expectations, tough times loom Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
LONDON/BANGALORE, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Oil and gas service companies have fared better than expected in the first half of the year despite a weak market, thanks to deep-pocketed Middle Eastern customers and stringent cost cuts. Norway's Seadrill (Hamburg: 2171269.HM - news) , which expects to make $500 million of cash savings …
- WEST ELM TO LAUNCH FIRST BRANDED SHOP-IN-SHOP IN JOHN LEWIS ON OXFORD STREET AND ON JOHNLEWIS.COM Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Brooklyn-based home furnishing retailer West Elm, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands (NYSE: WSM), today announced it will open its first shop-in-shop in John Lewis, the UK’s largest department store retailer. The shop-in-shop will open on September 3rd in John Lewis’ newly renovated flagship …
- Is Royal Dutch Shell Plc More Likely To Double Than Anglo American plc Is To Halve? Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
The shares of Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB) offer more value than those of Anglo American plc (LON:AAL), argues this Fool.
- BUZZ-Petrofac: among top UK mid caps as SocGen raises to "buy" Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
** Petrofac up nearly 7 pct, second largest FTSE midcap gainer after Societe Generale increases rating to "buy" from "hold", cuts PT to 900p from 905p ** SocGen analysts say co's sustained ...
- London open: Stocks rise as China concerns ease Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks on Thursday dusted off the previous day's slump as concerns on China's shrinking economy persisted.
- BUZZ-Genel: Kurdistan's Regional Government to make payments in Sept Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
** Oil producer's shares up 16 pct, best day ever, after Iraqi Kurdistan said it expected to begin making regular payments to oil-exporting companies in September ** Shares in Gulf Keystone up 15 pct, ...
- Iraqi Kurdistan says to allocate up to $100 mln for oil firms in Sept Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
LONDON/ERBIL, Iraq, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Iraq's Kurdistan region said on Thursday it expected to begin making regular payments to oil-exporting companies in the first half of September, sending shares in those firms up as high as 17 percent in early trade. The Kurdish Ministry of Natural Resources said in a statement that …
- How Much Longer Does Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited Have Left? Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (LON: GKP) is running out of cash fast.
- BUZZ-Hunting Plc: Low oil prices take bite out of H1 results Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
** Oilfield services company's shares nosedive as much as 7 pct to 402p after it reported a 79 pct fall in H1 underlying profit and cut its dividend in half ** H1 rev fell 30 pct and co cut jobs and took ...
- Gulf Keystone owed $283 mln for Iraqi Kurdistan oil sales Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
Gulf Keystone Petroleum, one of a handful of foreign oil producers in Iraqi Kurdistan, said on Thursday it was owed $283 million for oil sales and other costs from the Kurdistan Regional Government. "Gulf Keystone are cautiously optimistic about the future," Chief Executive Jon Ferrier said in a statement. Its Shaikan …
- London midday: Stocks regain strength as China woes ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 01:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - The UK equities market was looking brighter on Thursday as worries on the China slowdown eased after the central bank injected fresh stimulus.
- London markets left out of Wall Street rally to close in the red Telegraph - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 19:42 BST
FTSE 100 falls for most of the day as China woes continue
- Nigerian state oil company ends delivery and offshore processing deals Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 19:06 BST
Nigeria's state oil company has cancelled its contract for the delivery of crude to the country's refineries in Warri, Port Harcourt and Kaduna, it said on Wednesday. Oil sales account for about 70 percent of government revenue in Nigeria, Africa's top crude producer, but the country imports most of the fuel used by its …
- Canaccord upgrades Premier Oil to 'hold' after first half result Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 16:45 BST
(ShareCast News) - Canaccord Genuity upgraded its recommendation for Premier Oil to 'hold' from 'sell' and lifted its price target to 105p from 100p.
- Thursday preview: US economic growth picks up second quarter, analysts estimate Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:27 BST
(ShareCast News) - As worries over China's slowdown persist, the US will be hoping for positive news closer to home with the release of gross domestic product data on Thursday.
- Is Royal Dutch Shell plc’s Bid For BG Group plc In Trouble? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:19 BST
VIDEO: One Fool puts Royal Dutch Shell plc (LON:RDSB) and BG Group plc (LON:BG) under the spotlight.
- Qatar and PetroChina alter LNG supply deal, winter spot price fallout Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:18 BST
Gas giant Qatar has agreed with PetroChina (HKSE: 0857-OL.HK - news) to skew deliveries under an existing long-term liquefied natural gas (LNG) supply deal towards the peak demand winter period, a shift likely to weigh on global spot prices. The concession to PetroChina fits Qatar's recent pattern of adapting to long-term …
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Century Aluminum, Express Inc, Frontline Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:52 BST
U.S. stock indexes were up on Wednesday. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.16 percent at 16,005.07, the S&P 500 was up 2.20 percent at 1,908.77 and the Nasdaq Composite was up 2.39 percent at 4,613.98. ...
- Does Schlumberger Limited Deal Make Cape PLC, Hunting plc And Petrofac Limited A Buy? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:37 BST
Here's why Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB)'s big deal could be a buy signal for Cape PLC (LON:CIU), Hunting plc (LON:HTG) and Petrofac Limited (LON:PFC).
- 'Britain's oldest scam victim': 103-year-old loses £60,000 in 10-year catalogue fraud Telegraph - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:17 BST
Elderly widower ends up with 'house full of incredibly overpriced products' after ending up on a 'suckers' list'
- Are Xtract Resources PLC & Jubilee Platinum PLC Set To Embarrass FTSE 100 Investors? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:04 BST
Xtract Resources PLC (LON: XTR) and Jubilee Platinum PLC (LON:JLP) are rather appealing, but in different ways, argues Alessandro Pasetti.
- Trafigura replicates its oil market tactics to dominate LNG Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 11:46 BST
LONDON/MILAN, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Trafigura is blazing a trail for trade houses, adopting highly successful tactics used in oil markets, to get an edge in the burgeoning liquefied natural gas (LNG) sector. Commodity traders are now stepping up their activity in LNG, adding liquidity and carving a niche in a market previously …
- Solo Oil and Aminex said Kiliwani gas well will produce more than expected Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 11:03 BST
(ShareCast News) - Oil explorers Solo Oil and Aminex said the Kiliwani North-1 gas well in Tanzania will produce more gas than initially expected.
- Igas Energy appoints Julian Tedder as new CFO Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 10:43 BST
(ShareCast News) - Igas Energy has appointed Julian Tedder as chief financial officer and board director of the company with effect from 28 September.
- Oil futures crash no help to sellers of the real thing Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 10:15 BST
LONDON/MOSCOW, Aug 26 (Reuters) - When oil futures markets crash - as they have this summer - physical markets often move the other way as refiners jump on the opportunity offered by cheap oil to stockpile. With futures prices now hovering around six and a half year lows, the physical market would typically begin to strengthen …
- 5 Falling Knives To Avoid: Anglo American plc, EVRAZ plc, Premier Farnell plc, Lonmin Plc & Premier Oil PLC Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 09:58 BST
It might be wise to avoid Anglo American plc (LON: AAL), EVRAZ plc (LON: EVR), Premier Farnell plc (LON: PFL), Lonmin Plc (LON: LMI) and Premier Oil PLC (LON: PMO)
- Are UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC and Solo Oil PLC A Buy After Today’s News? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 09:41 BST
Roland Head takes a closer look at the latest updates from UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC (LON:UKOG) and Solo Oil PLC (LON:SOLO).
- UK GAS-Norwegian shortfalls trigger rally, limit storage injection Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 09:39 BST
Prompt natural gas prices in Britain rallied on Wednesday thanks to supply shortfalls and driven by lower Norwegian deliveries, triggering reduced injection rates into storage sites. Prices for Thursday ...
- Mexico sweetens oil auction terms again to avoid repeat of flop Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 05:13 BST
Oil companies competing in the next phase of Mexico's historic Round One (Other OTC: RNDOF - news) auction will know the minimum level of profits demanded by the government prior to the auction, the sector regulator said on Tuesday, in a bid to raise investor interest. The oil regulator, known by its Spanish-language …
- Cash-strapped Liberia state oil company to slash staff in revamp Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 19:52 BST
Cash-strapped National Oil Company of Liberia (NOCAL) will slash its work force by over two-thirds as part of measures aimed at cutting costs amid a fall in the price of oil, a statement and a senior official with the state-owned company said on Tuesday. The West African country does not produce any oil or natural gas …