- BUZZ-Afren: Up on increased debt funding Reuters - UK Focus - 52 minutes ago
** Beleaguered oil producer up 5 pct, top gainer on the FTSE All-Share Oil & Gas Index, after securing $369 mln in debt ** Co, which is in the process of recapitalising itself, said agreement with noteholders ...
- Afren secures additional debt funding Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Oil producer Afren Plc said its noteholders agreed to subscribe for further notes up to $369 million, adding $93 million in net cash proceeds to the amount it announced in April. Afren said it would use ...
- Morganti Legal, P.C.: London-AIM and Toronto Stock Exchange Shareholders Issue a Lawsuit against Ithaca Energy, Inc. Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Morganti Legal, P.C., announces that an investor has filed a shareholder lawsuit in Alberta against Ithaca Energy, Inc. (TSX and LSE AIM: “IAE”, CUSIP: 465676 and RNS No. 8462B) alleging that it made negligent statements about its investment quality between August 12, 2014 and February 24, 2015. The action seeks to …
- California carbon permits fetch $12.29/tonne at auction - state Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
California carbon permits covering emissions this year sold for$12.29 a tonne at the cap-and-trade program's May auction, up 8 cents from what they fetched at the previous auction in February, the program's regulators said on Thursday. While they do not say how many permits individual companies purchased at the auction, …
- Ashtead dragged lower by bearish rival Telegraph - 12 hours ago
Ashtead's larger US rival, United Rentals, talked down May activity at an industry conference in Boston
- Form 8.3 - Dragon Oil Plc Business Wire - 17 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Ap19 FORM 8.3 IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 8.3 OF THE IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL ACT, 1997, TAKEOVER RULES, 2013 DEALINGS BY PERSONS WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES ...
- Are These 3 Oil Stocks Set To Soar? Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited, Genel Energy PLC And John Wood Group PLC Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Should you buy these 3 oil companies ahead of upbeat performance? Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (LON: GKP), Genel Energy PLC (LON: GENL) and John Wood Group PLC (LON: WG)
- Shell names top executive to lead BG integration Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell has appointed the head of its Chinese operation to spearhead the integration with smaller British rival BG Group once the $70 billion deal is completed. Huibert Vigeveno, currently executive ...
- 4 Stocks With 20%+ Upside: Centrica PLC, Royal Bank Of Scotland Group plc, RSA Insurance Group plc And Petrofac Limited Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
These 4 stocks seem to be strong buys right now: Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), Royal Bank Of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS), RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) and Petrofac Limited (LON: PFC)
- MEDIA-Shell names China boss to key BG merger post - Sky News Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Shell Names China Boss To Key BG Merger Post Sky News - 21 hours ago
The head of Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) 's operations in China is to spearhead the oil major's integration with BG Group (LSE: BG.L - news) as the industry's biggest-ever takeover inches forward. Sky News understands that Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) informed senior managers this week that it was naming Huibert …
- Form 38.5(b) - DRAGON OIL PLC Business Wire - 21 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Ap27 FORM 38.5(b) IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 38.5(b) OF THE IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL ACT, 1997, TAKEOVER RULES, 2013 DEALINGS BY CONNECTED EXEMPT PRINCIPAL TRADERS ...
- As Ithaca Energy Inc. Falls, Should You Dump It & Snap Up BP plc? Fool.co.uk - 21 hours ago
Ithaca Energy Inc. (LON:IAE) and BP plc (LON:BP) are under the spotlight.
- Does New Oil Discovery Make Falkland Oil and Gas Limited, Rockhopper Exploration Plc & Premier Oil PLC A Buy? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Falkland Oil and Gas Limited (LON:FOGL), Premier Oil PLC (LON:PMO) and Rockhopper Exploration Plc (LON:RKH) have found oil, but they're not sure how much.
- Ailing Commodity Recovery Is Bad News For BP plc, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BHP Billiton plc & Rio Tinto plc Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Oil and commodities are looking weak again, which spells trouble for BP plc (LON: BP), Royal Dutch Shell plc (LON: RDSB), BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) and Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO), says Harvey Jones.
- Ten shares for dividend growth Telegraph - 23 hours ago
A respected fund manager explains how he identifies firms that should be able to pay more to shareholders each year
- Ithaca Energy shares slide after disclosing North Sea dispute Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 09:24 BST
London-listed shares in oil and gas company Ithaca Energy (Other OTC: IACAF - news) fell by as much as 18 percent after the Calgary-based firm said it had received a legal claim regarding its Greater Stella Area oil field in the North Sea. Ithaca said in February that modifications to the "FPF-1" facility, being carried …
- Three companies say discover oil north of the Falkland Islands Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:41 BST
Three oil companies said on Thursday they had discovered oil north of the Falklands, setting up potential further confrontation with Argentina which disputes British sovereignty over the islands. Falkland Oil and Gas (Other OTC: FLKOF - news) (FOGL), Premier Oil (LSE: PMO.L - news) and Rockhopper said they had discovered …
- Ithaca Energy receives statement of claim regarding North Sea asset Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 07:57 BST
Oil and gas company Ithaca Energy said it received a statement of claim from a law firm regarding work at its Greater Stella Area asset in the North Sea. The company, which denied any wrongdoing, said ...
- Directorate Changes and Corporate Update Business Wire - Thu, May 28, 2015 07:00 BST
Leed Resources plc, (AIM: LDP), the natural resource investment company, announces that Jinesh Patel, Chairman of the Company, has decided to step down from the Board in order to pursue his other business interests. The Company also announces the appointment of Mr John Charles Grundy, (“Charles”), as a Non-Executive …
- Shell reportedly names China boss to key BG merger post Sharecast - Thu, May 28, 2015 01:45 BST
The head of Royal Dutch Shell's China operations is to spearhead the oil and gas major's integration with BG Group, which is due to complete next year, according to Sky News.
- Niger Delta groups say they shut down Eni oil facilities Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 21:20 BST
Two oilfields run by Nigerian Agip Oil Co. Ltd, a unit of Italian oil major ENI , were shut down this week in the Niger Delta region by local people in dispute with the company, the protesters said on Wednesday. Oil production in the delta, in the southeast of Africa's biggest crude exporter and largest economy, has often …
- Applegreen fuels up for £230m London listing Telegraph - Wed, May 27, 2015 19:24 BST
Applegreen hopes to raise €70m (£49m) to fund acquisition opportunities of rival petrol stations across the UK and Ireland
- Thursday preview: Second estimate of Q1 UK GDP expected to be revised higher Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 17:40 BST
A second estimate of UK gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter expected to be revised slightly higher on Thursday.
- Should Circle Oil Plc Replace Soco International Plc & Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited In Your Portfolio? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 16:00 BST
Circle Oil Plc (LON:COP), Soco International Plc (LON:SIA) and Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (LON:GKP) are under the spotlight.
- India GAIL sells some of its U.S. LNG to Shell Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 15:56 BST
GAIL Ltd has sold some of its liquefied natural gas from the U.S. portfolio to European energy major Royal Dutch Shell ahead of production from early 2018, its head B.C. Tripathi said on Wednesday. GAIL ...
- Carbon tax or trade? Debate loses steam as world embraces both Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 14:55 BST
Tax versus trade is an issue that has stalked the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS (Shenzhen: 002545.SZ - news) ) over its 10 years of existence, but is fading in importance as the world moves towards increased use of both methods of cutting greenhouse gas pollution. The European Union set up the ETS in 2005 as a way …
- North Sea oil industry to get boost from falling costs Telegraph - Wed, May 27, 2015 13:16 BST
Slump in the cost of drilling rigs expected to boost the North Sea
- Are These 6% Yields A Buy? Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC & BHP Billiton plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 12:03 BST
A closer look at the bumper yield on offer from Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON:DLG) and BHP Billiton plc (LON:BLT).
- Why Are De La Rue plc, Iofina plc And Providence Resources PLC Tumbling Today? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 10:51 BST
Could De La Rue plc (LON:DLAR), Iofina plc (LON:IOF) or Providence Resources PLC (LON:PVR) bounce back from today's falls?
- Wednesday broker round-up Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 09:02 BST
Beazley: JP Morgan upgrades to overweight from neutral and sets 308p target, up from 255p.
- Should Ophir Energy Plc Buy Up LGO Energy PLC? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 06:50 BST
Could LGO Energy PLC (LON: LGO) be a tasty takeover target for Ophir Energy Plc (LON: OPHR)?
- London midday: Imperial and CRH lead the rebound before Queen's Speech Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 01:21 BST
Investors managed to take advantage of a quiet morning to push UK stocks higher on Wednesday following a sell-off the previous day.
- AXIS Capital and PartnerRe Announce Approval from European Commission for Pending Merger Business Wire - Tue, May 26, 2015 21:44 BST
AXIS Capital Holdings Limited (“AXIS Capital”) (NYSE:AXS) and PartnerRe Ltd. (“PartnerRe”) (NYSE:PRE) today announced that they have received antitrust clearance from the European Commission with respect to the definitive amalgamation agreement that the companies announced on January 25, 2015. AXIS Capital and PartnerRe …
- Nigerian oil union halts Halliburton operation over job cuts Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 26, 2015 20:16 BST
Nigeria's main oil union has shut down the local operations of U.S. oilfield services provider Halliburton Co in protest against job cuts, the trade body said on Tuesday. Tokunbo Korodo, Lagos chairman for the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG), told Reuters the group halted operations on Monday …