- Will KAZ Minerals plc (-64%), Premier Oil PLC (-57%) & Petra Diamonds PLC (-71%) Bounce Back In 2016? Fool.co.uk - 52 minutes ago
Royston Wild looks at the bounceback potential of KAZ Minerals plc (LON: KAZ), Premier Oil PLC (LON: PMO) and Petra Diamonds PLC (LON: PDL).
- Are firms discriminating against you because of age? Here's how to check Telegraph - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
We look at how the ombudsman deals with complaints about age discrimination
- Wednesday newspaper round-up: Electricity market, bad loans, Shell/BG, Barclays Sharecast - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - For most leaders, admitting they do not understand something is a no-no. But not Deutsche Bank's new co-chief executive John Cryan - at least when it comes to the bonus culture and his ...
- Shell Canada fined C$825,000 for 2013 refinery odour leak Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
The Ontario government on Tuesday ordered Shell Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, to pay C$825,000 in fines for discharging a contaminating odour from its Sarnia refinery in 2013. ...
- Falklands drilling dream of the diehard romantics lives on Telegraph - 12 hours ago
We could be about to see two oil giants' last hope of finding oil off the Falkland Islands
- London close: Geopolitical tensions weigh on market Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks were under pressure on Tuesday as heightened geopolitical tensions weighed on the market.
- Wednesday preview: Osborne to deliver Spending Review and Autumn Statement Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Chancellor George Osborne will reveal the government's budget and plans for the economy in the joint Spending Review and Autumn Statement on Wednesday.
- FTSE 100 movers: Burberry and airlines lead FTSE fall Sharecast - 17 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was in the red on Tuesday as declines in airlines and housebuilders offset a mining bounce.
- Should You Buy Big Payers BHP Billiton plc, De La Rue plc & Soco International plc? Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Royston Wild examines the payout prospects of BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT), De La Rue plc (LON: DLAR) and Soco International plc (LON: SIA).
- Why Are Creston plc And Iofina plc Sinking Today? Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
Royston Wild looks at why Creston plc (LON: CRE) and Iofina plc (LON: IOF) are plummeting in Tuesday trade.
- Shell fined by Scottish court for 2011 North Sea oil spill Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
Oil major Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) was handed a 22,500 pound ($33,919) fine by a local Scottish court on Tuesday for a 2011 oil spill in the North Sea that was the largest in more than a decade. A subsea pipeline leak from Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) 's Gannet Alpha field spilled more than 200 tonnes …
- Are Lamprell Plc And UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC Set To Soar? Fool.co.uk - 21 hours ago
Are these 2 stocks worth buying right now? Lamprell Plc (LON: LAM) and UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC (LON: UKOG)
- Is The Merger Between Rockhopper Exploration Plc & Falkland Oil and Gas Limited Fair To Shareholders? Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Roland Head explains why today's merger deal between Rockhopper Exploration Plc (LON:RKH) and Falkland Oil and Gas Limited (LON:FOGL) is good for shareholders.
- Are BP plc, Nostrum Oil & Gas PLC And Hunting plc ‘Screaming Buys’? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Should you buy these 3 oil-focused companies? BP plc (LON: BP), Nostrum Oil & Gas PLC (LON: NOG) and Hunting plc (LON: HTG)
- Rockhopper to buy Falkland Oil and Gas in £57m deal Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:47 GMT
The combined entity hopes to withstand falling oil prices by pooling efforts in the Falkland Islands
- Why Royal Dutch Shell Plc Offers 20%+ Returns In 2016 Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:05 GMT
Buying Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSA) (LON: RDSB) now appears to be a sound move
- Rockhopper makes takeover offer for Falkland Oil and Gas Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 08:58 GMT
Rockhopper has made a 57.1 million pound ($86.5 million) takeover offer for rival Falkland Oil and Gas (Other OTC: FLKOF - news) , the companies said on Tuesday in a deal that could breathe fresh life into Falklands' exploration which has been hit by weak oil prices. The all-share offer, which has been approved by directors …
- As crude oil swells, volatility-hungry traders turn to refined products Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 07:30 GMT
In a world overflowing with oil, traders are looking to once-secondary markets such as gasoline and diesel for profits, as limited supplies and rapidly changing demand offer the volatility they thrive on. This stands in contrast to crude oil, where a rising glut in supplies has suppressed much of the physical gyrations …
- Tuesday newspaper round-up: VW, Heathrow, Deliveroo, Pfizer/Allergan Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 07:27 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Audi has conceded that the engines in a further 85,000 cars from the Volkswagen group contained an illegal defeat device, raising questions of how systematic the cheating was at the ...
- Alberta addresses battered environmental reputation with climate plan Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 00:26 GMT
The Canadian province of Alberta, holder of the world's third-largest oil reserves, has proposed a new climate change plan that will give efficient oil-producing companies room to grow while cutting carbon emissions, experts and stakeholders said on Monday. Long criticized as a source for "dirty oil" because most of the …
- London midday: Travel and leisure stocks lead equities lower Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 00:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London equities dropped at midday trading on Tuesday as the Bank of England warned on the risks from slowing growth in emerging markets.
- US, European stocks dip; Pfizer, Allergan to merge AFP - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 22:47 GMT
- Canada PM Trudeau faces split at national climate change summit Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 22:34 GMT
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday met the country's provinces to hammer out a national climate change strategy, but two major players signaled they had reservations about the idea. Trudeau's Liberals won an election last month promising a radical change on the environment from the previous Conservative …
- London stocks slip on sliding commodities AFP - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 17:20 GMT
- London close: Stocks end lower as investors weigh disappointing US data Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks ended lower on Monday as traders scrutinised US data that missed forecasts.
- UK's FTSE 100 retreats as retailers fall; Rolls Royce outperforms Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 16:59 GMT
Britain's top share index fell back on Monday, pulled lower by weak retail stocks and commodities companies after metals prices touched multi-year lows on concerns over slowing demand in China. Analysts ...
- SOCO International chair stumps up £0.3m to back company Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 16:02 GMT
(ShareCast News) - After a trading update last week saw shares in SOCO International dive, its chairman has stumped up nearly £300,000 to back his company.
- Britain's BG Group pays $165 mln for stake in Cyprus gas field Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:48 GMT
Britain's BG Group has agreed to pay U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . BG is acquiring the stake in Block 12, which includes the Aphrodite gas field off Cyprus, in a deal expected to close before the end of this year, Noble Energy said in a statement. Noble Energy also announced it was selling its 47 percent stake in the …
- Is Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited Priced To Fail? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:28 GMT
Is Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (LON:GKP) Priced To Fail Or Is It A Bargain Buy?
- Premier Oil says plans further capex cuts in coming years Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:23 GMT
Oil producer Premier Oil (LSE: PMO.L - news) plans to allocate around $400 million a year in 2017 and 2018 to capital expenditure (capex), it said in a presentation on Monday, as it trims investments to the minimum of projects on its radar. The company said earlier this month next year's capex budget would fall to $650 …
- Are Standard Chartered PLC, Royal Dutch Shell Plc & Fenner plc A Steal At Today’s Prices? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:16 GMT
Is now the time to load up on bargains at Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN), Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB) and Fenner plc (LON:FENR), or do problems remain?
- FTSE 250 movers: Nostrum drives market down as target price slashed Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - After a five day streak of rises, the FTSE 250 started this week in the red, down 77.07 points (0.45%) to 17,112.04 by mid-afternoon Monday.
- Iofina rocked as earthquake leads to water restrictions Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 14:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Iofina were under the pump on Monday after the iodine maker said an earthquake near its Oklahoma plants had reduced available supplies of water.
- Are Falkland Oil And Gas Limited, Rare Earth Minerals PLC & Fresnillo Plc Set To Soar? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 12:08 GMT
Are these 3 resources stocks worth buying right now? Falkland Oil And Gas Limited (LON: FOGL), Rare Earth Minerals PLC (LON: REM) and Fresnillo Plc (LON: FRES)
- Premier re-drills Isobel well, partners Rockhopper and Falkland confirm Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 11:56 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Premier Oil has begun re-drilling the Isobel well in the North Falkland Basin, just south of the contentious Sea Lion field off the Argentinean coast.