- Total beats Q3 expectations helped by new projects, cost cuts Reuters - UK Focus - 23 minutes ago
PARIS, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 28 (Reuters) - France's Total (LSE: 524773.L - news) battled lower refining margins to beat third-quarter profit expectations on Friday helped by cost cuts, output from new projects and the sale of a solar farm. Total reported a 25 percent fall in third-quarter adjusted net income …
- 'We sold Shell as its dividend looks shaky' Telegraph - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
'We sold Shell as its dividend looks shaky'
- North Sea Crude-Forties, Brent steady near October lows Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
* North Sea crude oil differentials held broadly unchanged on Thursday, after the drop in price earlier this week of a cargo of Brent to near its lowest levels this year, as unsold crude around the region ...
- Why has Amec Foster Wheeler plc dropped 20% today? Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
Amec Foster Wheeler plc (LON:AMFW) is the biggest faller in the FTSE 250.
- Are these oil companies set to be sunk by debt? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 08:42 BST
Investors in these two stocks are skating on thin ice, says G A Chester.
- Technip’s Third Quarter 2016 Results: Strong Group Profitability at c.10%, 2016 Objectives Upgraded Business Wire - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 06:00 BST
PARIS--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Regulatory News: Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY): THIRD QUARTER 2016: STRONG FINANCIALS Net Income up 12.4% versus 3Q 15 to €184 million Adjusted Operating Margin ...
- Gazprom to consider annulling shareholder deal over Nord Stream expansion Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 20:16 BST
MOSCOW, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 26 (Reuters) - Russia's Gazprom will consider cancelling an agreement with European partners to expand the Nord Stream gas pipeline at a board meeting on Nov. 9, it said on Wednesday, following resistance to the plan in some European countries.
- North Sea Crude-Flurry of Brent cargoes trade after diffs hit 2016 low Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 17:28 BST
Three cargoes of North Sea Brent traded on Wednesday as buyers finally stepped in after a drop in differentials to 2016 lows, due to ample supplies in the region. * Underlining that prompt supply is abundant, ...
- Britain's FTSE hits 3-week low; commodities weigh Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 17:20 BST
Britain's top share index hit a three-week low on Wednesday, with hotel operator Whitbread falling on a raft of negative broker comments and Antofagasta dragging down miners after a disappointing earnings ...
- Is 2017 going to be the year of the dividend? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 15:16 BST
As Brexit draws nearer, safe dividends look ever more attractive.
- Is Genel Energy plc the oil stock to watch in 2017? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 11:14 BST
Is it time to buy Genel Energy plc (LON: GENL) shares while they're down?
- Can this stock survive an oil price slump? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 11:01 BST
Should you buy or sell this company ahead of an uncertain period for the oil price?
- Genel Energy warns of lower-end 2016 revenue after weak oil output Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 10:28 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 26 (Reuters) - Genel Energy (Other OTC: GEGYF - news) , one of the main oil producers in Iraqi Kurdistan, warned on Wednesday that full-year revenue would be at the lower end of its target because of weaker than expected production, sending its shares to a seven-month low. Production …
- Nine in ten popular Isa funds fail to beat the stock market Telegraph - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 09:01 BST
Nine in ten popular Isa funds fail to beat the stock market
- 90pc of popular Isa funds fail to beat the market Telegraph - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 09:01 BST
90pc of popular Isa funds fail to beat the market
- Russia's Gazprom to decide on Nord Stream-2 shareholders agreement cancellation Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 07:18 BST
The board of Russian gas giant Gazprom will review a decision on Nov. 9 about cancellation of shareholders agreement over construction of Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline, the company said in a regulatory filing ...
- Kazakhstan relaunches giant Kashagan oil field AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 07:18 BST
- Shell resumes crude exports from Nigeria's Forcados terminal-Nigerian government Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 20:43 BST
ABUJA, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 25 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell (LSE: 0LN9.L - news) has resumed crude exports from the Forcados terminal in Nigeria's restive Niger Delta following repairs after a militant attack, the Nigerian presidency said on Tuesday. A spokeswoman for Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) declined to …
- North Sea Crude-Forties eases further; ICE contango in focus Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 17:53 BST
Forties crude differentials fell to a new two-week low on Tuesday, under pressure from rising production levels and slow demand from Asia, while the Brent futures curve steepened against a backdrop of ...
- Are these the FTSE 100’s worst growth stocks? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 16:06 BST
Royston Wild looks at two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stocks in danger of prolonged earnings pain.
- Dutch companies want next gov't to focus on shift to clean energy Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 15:12 BST
AMSTERDAM, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 25 (Reuters) - Dozens of Dutch companies called on the country's next government on Tuesday to establish an independent climate authority, environment minister and national investment bank to speed up the shift to clean energy. The rare call for more government came from 39 companies, …
- Is Pantheon Resources plc back in business after its latest discovery? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 12:42 BST
Should you buy into Pantheon Resources plc (LON: PANR) after the company's most recent success?
- Kazakh Kashagan field to export 500,000 tonnes of oil this year Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 07:37 BST
Kazakhstan's Kashagan oil field will export 500,000 tonnes of oil this year, Deputy Energy Minister Magzum Mirzagaliyev told reporters on Tuesday. Energy majors developing the giant Caspian field started ...
- North Sea Crude-Forties weakens as Buzzard returns online Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 17:51 BST
Forties crude differentials were offered at their weakest in two weeks on Monday as a major North Sea oilfield returned to production after a month-long outage, and as the Brent futures curve steepened ...
- Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra - SOC executive Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 14:48 BST
Foreign oil companies will increase their investments to increase output in Basra, the main producing region of Iraq, state-owned South Oil Company Deputy Director General Salah Mahdi told Reuters on Monday. ...
- Statoil says restarts output at Statfjord A platform after fire Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 12:41 BST
Production at Statoil's Statfjord A oil platform in the North Sea has restarted after it was shut due to a fire on Oct. 16, the company said on Monday. "Production has resumed at Statfjord A since ...
- REUTERS SUMMIT-Egypt chases own energy sources as government struggle to meet demand Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Oct 23, 2016 15:40 BST
Egypt will boost production of natural gas to 5 billion cubic feet per day in the 2017-2018 fiscal year as the giant Zohr field comes online, but will still also ramp up gas imports to feed a spike in ...
- U.S. to seek ex-HSBC executive's extradition from Britain Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Oct 22, 2016 00:24 BST
NEW YORK, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - The United States will seek the extradition from Britain of a former HSBC Holdings Plc (HKSE: 0005.HK - news) executive accused of participating in a fraudulent scheme involving a $3.5 billion currency transaction, prosecutors said on Friday. In a letter filed in …
- Nigeria's Trans Forcados oil pipeline down for at least 10 more days Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 12:39 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 21 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Trans Forcados Pipeline will be down for at least 10 more days for cleaning and testing following repairs, the chairman of energy company Shoreline, which pumps crude from the stream, said. Kola Karim said the tanker that loaded Forcados oil last week, …
- Questor Income Portfolio: I'm putting £40k into these riskier vehicles yielding 8pc Telegraph - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 09:07 BST
Questor Income Portfolio: I'm putting £40k into these riskier vehicles yielding 8pc
- Questor: two holdings yielding 8pc for my income portfolio Telegraph - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 09:07 BST
Questor: two holdings yielding 8pc for my income portfolio
- Shell sells non-core Canadian oil and gas assets for $1 billion Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 00:38 BST
CALGARY, Alberta, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 20 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell Plc (Xetra: A0ET6Q - news) said on Thursday it is selling $1.03 billion worth of non-core oil and gas properties in western Canada to Tourmaline Oil Corp, the latest example of the global oil major trimming its operations in the region. …
- As Iran oil tenders near, investors still in the dark on terms Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 14:11 BST
TEHRAN/ISTANBUL, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 20 (Reuters) - Two years after Iran pledged to open up its oil industry in anticipation of the lifting of sanctions, foreign companies say they still have little information about Iranian oil fields and contract terms, hindering investment decisions. Bosses from oil majors …
- BUZZ-Nigeria's case vs Shell unit over crude exports pushed to December Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 11:30 BST
LAGOS/LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 20 (Reuters) - Nigerian courts have adjourned until December 8 a suit against Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) 's Nigerian subsidiary SPDC over claims that the company owes money for allegedly not declaring exports of crude oil. * The Nigerian government said it is owed a total …
- Are the 10 most shorted shares on the FTSE 350 in your portfolio? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 11:20 BST
Is one of your favourite stocks amongst the City's most hated?