- US stocks tumble on oil prices, Greece uncertainty AFP - 4 hours ago
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Plasmatech, Nationstar, OpGen, RetailMeNot Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell further in afternoon trading on Tuesday after the U.S. trade deficit surged in March, suggesting that the economy contracted in the first quarter. The Dow Jones industrial average was ...
- Wednesday preview: GSK and Sainsbury's top the bill amid earnings influx Sharecast - 7 hours ago
While investors will continue to look ahead to the elections, Wednesday's session is set to be a busy one for UK markets amid a barrage of blue-chip corporate earnings and economic data.
- Booker Prize Sponsor Faces Investor Revolt Sky News - 8 hours ago
The hedge fund manager which sponsors the Booker Prize is facing a major revolt from investors this week over changes to bonus targets for top executives. Sky News has learnt that a number of leading City investors are to vote against Man Group (LSE: EMG.L - news) 's three-year remuneration policy as well as last year's …
- Credit Suisse's names its top European stock picks Sharecast - 9 hours ago
Credit Suisse published it latest list of top European investment ideas on Tuesday. Here's a pick of one from each sector.
- BG chief: I have mixed emotions over £46bn Shell deal Telegraph - 9 hours ago
Helge Lund says he was looking forward to taking oil group forward but Shell's bid, which came two months after he took top job, was too good to turn down
- Banks lead Britain's FTSE lower, focus on election Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
Britain's top share index ended lower on Tuesday tracking sharp losses in the U.S. market, with HSBC leading the banking sector down after saying a bank levy was hampering its ability to pay a higher dividend. A survey showing growth in Britain's construction industry slowed sharply in April and uncertainty about the outcome …
- BG chief welcomes $70 bln Shell offer with 'mixed emotions' Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
BG Chief Executive Helge Lund on Tuesday welcomed with "mixed emotions" Royal Dutch Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) 's $70 billion takeover bid, which came only two months after he took office. Speaking at BG's annual general meeting in Reading, England, the former Statoil (Xetra: 675213 - news) boss said there is still much …
- EU mergers and takeovers (May 5) Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- Mondelez International Inc and competitor D.E Master Blenders ...
- Should You Sell Glencore PLC And Buy Royal Dutch Shell Plc? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB) could be a better play on commodities than underperforming Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN), says Roland Head.
- The business changing the shape of Amazon Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Amazon Web Services is growing fast, and could eventually become the biggest part of Amazon, the online retailer led by Jeff Bezos
- BP Plc: Buy, Sell Or Hold? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
One Fool takes a closer look at BP plc (LON:BP).
- Frontera Resources Corporation Marks Historic One Year Anniversary of Gas Production Operations in Georgia Business Wire - 14 hours ago
Frontera Resources Corporation (AIM: FRR), an independent international oil and gas exploration and production company, today announces a milestone at its gas operations in Georgia. Since commencing gas production operations in April 2014 from the Mtsare Khevi Gas Complex, located within the Sagarejo District of its …
- Form 38.5(b) - DRAGON OIL PLC Business Wire - 15 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Ap27 FORM 38.5(b) IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 38.5(b) OF THE IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL ACT, 1997, TAKEOVER RULES, 2013 DEALINGS BY CONNECTED EXEMPT PRINCIPAL TRADERS ...
- Knight Vinke plots fresh UBS attack Telegraph - 16 hours ago
Activist investor expected to demand full disclosure on how UBS funds its operations
- Why Are Afren Plc & Xcite Energy Limited On A Roll? Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Afren Plc (LON:AFR) and Xcite Energy Limited (LON:XEL) are under the spotlight.
- Shell's Arctic return faces hurdle at Seattle port Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 4, 2015 23:41 BST
Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) 's quest to return to Arctic drilling for the first time in three years could face delays after Seattle ruled that the city's port must apply for a permit for the company to use it as a hub for drilling rigs. Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, a Democrat who has fought against new projects …
- Motiva's hydrocracker at Port Arthur has unplanned shutdown -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 4, 2015 19:16 BST
Motiva Enterprises had an unexpected shutdown of HCU2, a diesel-producing hydrocracker unit at its Port Arthur, Texas, refinery, according to two people familiar with the plants' operations. There was no timeline for restarting the unit, the people said.
- AXIS Capital and PartnerRe Reaffirm Commitment to Merger Agreement; PartnerRe Shareholders to Receive Special Cash Dividend in Connection with Transaction Close Business Wire - Mon, May 4, 2015 12:30 BST
AXIS Capital Holdings Limited (“AXIS Capital”) (NYSE:AXS) and PartnerRe Ltd. (“PartnerRe”) (NYSE:PRE) today reaffirmed their commitment to the companies’ January 25, 2015 definitive amalgamation agreement and announced that PartnerRe shareholders will receive a special one-time cash dividend of $11.50 per share in connection …
- Shell, Total align trading and refining units to drive profit growth Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 4, 2015 08:00 BST
Top oil firms Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) and Total are bringing their refining and trading operations closer together, seeking alternative ways to drive profits as oil prices fall and independent trading houses expand into their territory. The restructuring will enable the Anglo-Dutch and French companies' …
- Blue-chips' growing pension deficits to hit company profits Telegraph - Sun, May 3, 2015 21:28 BST
Companies' profits to take a hit as contributions to retirement schemes raised to plug funding gap, says pension specialist JLT
- Myanmar awards Statoil, Conoco Phillips deepsea exploration contract- paper Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, May 3, 2015 09:30 BST
Myanmar has awarded contracts to international oil majors Statoil and ConocoPhillips for oil and gas exploration in a deepwater offshore block, the official Kyemon Daily said on Sunday. The Myanmar newspaper ...
- Shell agrees to start clean up of 2008 Niger Delta oil spill AFP - Sat, May 2, 2015 20:03 BST
- Chevron profit drops but beats expectations on refining margins Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 19:00 BST
Oil and natural gas producer Chevron Corp reported a 43 percent drop in quarterly profit on Friday, though results beat analysts' expectations as cost cuts and robust refining margins helped offset the impact of tumbling crude prices. The help from refining operations mirrored results at large, integrated peers such as …
- London close: Markets shrug off weak data as Lloyds and miners surge Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 18:08 BST
Strong gains from mining stocks and an impressive first-quarter performance from UK lender Lloyds helped UK markets to rise on Friday, as investors shrugged off mostly worse-than-expected economic data....
- Chevron profit beats expectations, cost cuts offset cheap oil Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 15:59 BST
Oil and natural gas producer Chevron Corp reported a 43 percent drop in quarterly profit on Friday, though results beat analysts' expectations as cost cuts and robust refining margins helped offset the impact of tumbling oil prices. The reliance on refining operations mirrored results at large, integrated rivals Exxon …
- Little chance Big Oil's refining boom will last for long Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 15:34 BST
The world's top oil companies can expect only limited solace from refining for the rest of the year, even as the often-troubled segment proved valuable in the face of sinking oil prices. Overcapacity in the sector previously made it the bane of integrated oil majors such as BP, Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) …
- 3 Oil Stocks Set For Strong Recovery: Tullow Oil plc, Premier Oil PLC And Ithaca Energy Inc. Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 1, 2015 11:44 BST
Tullow Oil plc (LON:TLW), Premier Oil PLC (LON:PMO) and Ithaca Energy Inc. (LON:IAE) have big rebound potential.
- Afren Plc Unveils $1.6bn Loss: Is Now The Time To Buy? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 1, 2015 11:11 BST
Afren Plc (LON:AFR) has released dire 2014 figures, but is there worse to come?
- London open: Lloyds beats forecasts but markets fall ahead of long weekend Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 10:21 BST
London stocks fell on Friday despite a better-than-expected first quarter from Lloyds Banking Group as investors were treading carefully in the absence of trading across Europe.
- Should You Buy Or Sell Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited, Sirius Minerals PLC & Rare Earth Minerals PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 1, 2015 09:42 BST
Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (LON:GKP), Sirius Minerals PLC (LON:SXX) and Rare Earth Minerals PLC (LON:REM)
- Smiths Group steals Vesuvius CFO Chris O'Shea Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 08:42 BST
Technology outfit Smiths Group has appointed Vesuvius' chief financial officer Chris O'Shea as its new finance director.
- BUZZ-Afren: Jumps after secures loan Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 1, 2015 08:25 BST
** Oil producer's shares up as much as 21 pct after it secures $255 mln from bondholders, says in talks to complete recapitalisation by end of July ** Afren reported a pretax loss from continuing operations ...
- Church of England divests from coal, tar sands as adopts new climate policy Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 22:30 BST
The Church Commissioners and the Church of England Pensions Board said they have divested 12 million pounds ($18.42 million) from their investments in thermal coal and tar sands companies as part of an initiative aimed at promoting transition to a low carbon economy. The Church Commissioners also said they would adopt …
- Oil major deals blow to Aim minnow Telegraph - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 20:22 BST
Arria NLG lost almost three-quarters of its value after Shell scrapped a contract