- Traders question Louisiana infrastructure for new oil storage contract Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 1 minute ago
A novel oil futures storage contract, which debuts as the market struggles to find places to stow oil stockpiles, may flounder because of infrastructure constraints, traders say. On Wednesday, CME Group ...
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals joins FTSE 100 Telegraph - 3 hours ago
The Jordanian drug-maker will replace Tullow Oil in Britain's benchmark index
- Dividend worries drag on SSE Telegraph - 4 hours ago
The utility has hit by news British Gas was asking to appeal price controls
- Hikma hits Tullow Oil out of UK's FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
Hikma Pharmaceuticals has pushed Tullow Oil out of Britain's benchmark FTSE 100 equity index, FTSE Group announced on Wednesday, following a drop in Tullow's stock price and a rise in Hikma's shares. Getting ...
- Hikma pushes Tullow Oil out of UK's FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
Hikma Pharmaceuticals has pushed Tullow Oil out of Britain's benchmark FTSE 100 equity index, following a drop in Tullow's stock price while Hikma's shares rose. The changes were announced by FTSE Group ...
- London close: Stocks erase losses as ITV, StanChart and IAG gain Sharecast - 6 hours ago
After a weak start, UK markets managed to push into positive territory by Wednesday's close as decent gains from ITV, Standard Chartered and IAG offset some heavy falls in the mining sector.
- REUTERS SUMMIT-Tullow says oil exploration spend may double from 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
DAKAR/ZURICH, March 4 (Reuters) - Africa-focused Tullow Oil's exploration budget will never return to a peak target of $1 billion, although spending could double from current levels starting next year, its CEO told Reuters. Tullow said in January it was writing off $2.3 billion in relation to exploration and a number of …
- Oil producer Afren defaults on 2016 bonds, shares fall Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Oil producer Afren Plc (LSE: AFR.L - news) has defaulted on its 2016 bonds, missing an interest payment as it negotiates with lenders for a rescue deal that could dilute the interests of its shareholders. Afren's stock halved in value early on Wednesday after the company said it would preserve cash rather than pay $15 …
- Afren defaults on bond interest payment as restructuring talks continue, Fitch downgrades Sharecast - 9 hours ago
Embattled oil explorer Afren has decided to default on its bond interest payments in order to preserve cash, sending its shares plunging and its credit rating downgraded on Wednesday.
- London open: Stocks slip on mixed earnings, Fresnillo and L&G drop Sharecast - 14 hours ago
UK stocks edged lower on Wednesday morning as gains from Standard Chartered and ITV were offset by declines by Fresnillo, Glencore and Legal & General, as investors awaited a barrage of economic data.
- Why It’s Not All Bad News For Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
- Afren Plc Dives As Shareholders Face “Substantial” Dilution Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
The long-running re-financing saga at Afren Plc (LON:AFR) is nearing its conclusion.
- Afren defaults on $15m interest payment Telegraph - 15 hours ago
The group warns that any rescue is likely to come from its creditors and significantly dilute shareholders
- Afren says will not make interest payment on 2016 notes Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
Debt-laden oil producer Afren Plc said it would not pay $15 million of interest due on Feb. 1 under its 2016 notes in order to preserve cash until a review of its capital structure is completed. The company ...
- Governor of Russia's Sakhalin under investigation - administration website Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
Alexander Khoroshavin, the governor of Russia's Far Eastern island of Sakhalin, has been placed under investigation, the regional administration said on its website on Wednesday. Media reports said Khoroshavin had been detained in Sakhalin and was being taken to Moscow. Police declined comment, and Khoroshavin's administration …
- Market overview: Smith&Nephew and Travis Perkins lead losses Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 18:11 GMT
1630:Close Shares ended the session slightly lower led by losses in Smith&Nephew after the orthopaedics manufacturer announced that it would acquire it sole Colombian distributor. Travis Perkins lost ground ...
- Shell Pernis refinery to undergo planned maintenance until early May Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 18:01 GMT
Shell's 400,000 barrel per day Pernis refinery in the Netherlands, one of Europe's largest, has begun planned maintenance that will close large parts of the plant until early May, Shell's Dutch language ...
- BUZZ-European stocks: Signs of a reset though hunt for yield goes on Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 16:19 GMT
** First two days of the month show some signs that fast money willing to take money off the table following stellar run for European stocks ** STOXX 600 pulling back slightly after rising about 30 pct ...
- FTSE 100 movers: Barclays and Glencore fall after annual results, Taylor Wimpey higher Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 15:16 GMT
Shares in Barclays fell after the bank set aside a total of £1.25bn for provisions to cover litigation costs related to ongoing probes into mis-selling PPI and rigging foreign exchange rates. The news ...
- Advent Eyes Civil Service Pension Firm Float Sky News - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 14:08 GMT
The outsourcing giant which oversaw elements of Royal Mail (LSE: RMG.L - news) 's controversial privatisation is preparing for a sale or flotation that would land its private equity backers a handsome windfall. Sky News understands that the owner of Equiniti, which is one of the UK's biggest providers of business process …
- Carl Stick: 'I am buying miners and only own one bank' Telegraph - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 13:14 GMT
Fund focus: Carl Stick, who oversees the top performing Rathbone Income fund, names the FTSE 100 shares that still offer value
- Oil market gains ground AFP - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:26 GMT
- Oil market jumps on Libya unrest AFP - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:26 GMT
- Perenco tenders to sell 600,000 barrels of UK's Wytch Farm crude Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:05 GMT
French oil firm Perenco Ltd has tendered to sell 600,000 barrels of Wytch Farm crude oil for loading at the UK's Hamble terminal from April 10-14, a tender document showed on Tuesday. Perenco operates ...
- Barclays, Glencore earnings knock FTSE back from Monday's record high Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:51 GMT
Britain's blue-chip share index gave up early gains for a third straight session on Tuesday, dropping back from record highs, as Glencore and Barclays weighed on the market after earnings releases. Barclays ...
- BUZZ-Weir on the brink of possible FTSE 100 deletion Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:39 GMT
** Weir on the verge of a surprise deletion from the FTSE 100 if the co underperforms Informa by another 80 bps by the close on Tuesday ** Current market cap of £3,621 bln 0.8 pct higher than Informa , ...
- Is Falkland Oil And Gas Limited The Perfect Partner For Genel Energy PLC, Soco International plc And Nostrum Oil & Gas PLC In Your Portfolio? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:39 GMT
Should you buy a slice of Falkland Oil And Gas Limited (LON: FOGL) alongside Genel Energy PLC (LON: GENL), Soco International plc (LON: SIA) and Nostrum Oil & Gas PLC (LON: NOG)?
- Egypt delays target for repaying firms $3.1 bln until mid-2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:36 GMT
Egypt aims to fully repay its $3.1 billion debt to foreign oil and gas companies by mid-2016, around a year later than previously indicated, according to the oil ministry. In November, Egypt said it would repay all its debts within six months. Egypt has delayed payments to oil and gas firms as its economy has been hammered …
- Britain's FTSE gains to trade near record high, Shire up Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 09:40 GMT
Britain's blue-chip share index rose on Tuesday to trade near the previous session's record highs, with Shire and Associated British Foods gaining on the back of positive comments from brokers. However, ...
- London open: Taylor Wimpey and Ashtead drive markets higher, Barclays falls Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 09:22 GMT
The FTSE 100 was closing in on another record high on Tuesday morning as impressive German data and gains from Taylor Wimpey and Ashtead helped markets higher.
- Environmental groups sue Port of Seattle over Shell oil fleet Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 08:03 GMT
A coalition of environmental groups sued the Port of Seattle on Monday to stop the lease of a terminal to Royal Dutch Shell Plc (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) 's Arctic oil drilling fleet, arguing a proper environmental review was never conducted, court records showed. Earthjustice, along with other groups including the Sierra …
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc Set For FTSE 100 Promotion And Tullow Oil plc For Ejection To The FTSE 250 Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 07:56 GMT
Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (LON:HIK) is set to join the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) with Tullow Oil plc (LON:TLW) dropping down to the FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX).
- Philippines suspends Reed Bank drilling in S.China Sea - Philex unit Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 03:44 GMT
The Philippine government has suspended all exploration work at the Reed Bank in the South China Sea "until further notice", a unit of Philex Petroleum Corp said, as the country pursues international arbitration over territorial disputes. London-listed Forum Energy Plc (LSE: FEP.L - news) , which is 60.49 percent owned …
- London midday: Stocks pull back as corporate earnings disappoint Sharecast - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 00:16 GMT
After coming close to another record high early on, UK stocks flatlined by Tuesday lunchtime as corporate earnings received a cool reaction from investors.
- Tullow falls on worries legal dispute could delay Ghana project Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 23:14 GMT
Tullow Oil (LSE: TLW.L - news) lost over 200 million pounds ($308 million) of its market value on Monday, hit by concerns that a boundary dispute between Ivory Coast and Ghana could delay a project off the coast of West Africa. The Africa-focused firm is developing the TEN project off the coast of Ghana, in waters over …