- Game of Thrones: are Royal Dutch Shell plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc and Royal Mail plc born to rule? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB), Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS) and Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG) have lost their thrones but now they want them back, says Harvey Jones.
- Senegal, Mauritania bet on oil and gas in perilous climate AFP - 13 hours ago
- Oil rig helicopter crashes off Norway coast, 13 presumed dead Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Apr 30, 2016 00:49 BST
A helicopter ferrying passengers from a Norwegian oil platform crashed in the North Sea on Friday, apparently killing all 13 people on board, rescue officials said. The 11 passengers and two crew on the flight from the Gullfaks B oil platform, operated by Norway's Statoil, were all Norwegian except for one British and …
- UK regulator suspends flights of Super Puma model that crashed in Norway Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 18:36 BST
The British civil aviation authority said it was suspending flights of Airbus Super Puma helicopters of the same type that crashed off the west coast of Norway on Friday. "Following the accident, ...
- Crashed helicopter had maintenance delayed twice in 2015-report Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:34 BST
An Airbus Super Puma helicopter that crashed off the Norwegian coast on Friday, killing at least 11 of the 13 people on board, had maintenance servicing delayed twice last year, an official at the Norwegian Civil Aviation Authority told Norwegian daily VG. "I can confirm that this specific helicopter had seen its maintenance …
- Colonial Pipeline plans Texas export dock for gasoline, distillates Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:30 BST
Colonial Pipeline Co said on Friday it would build an export dock in southeast Texas, marking the largest U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . The company said that it will build a new dock and storage tanks in Port Arthur, Texas - home to three major refineries - to help boost gasoline and diesel exports. Nearly a year ago, …
- Week ahead: Global manufacturing PMIs in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - Purchasing managers´ indices for the manufacturing and services sector scheduled for release on Tuesday and Thursday will provide further real-time readings on the current state of affairs ...
- Output at N.Sea Gullfaks B platform shut after helicopter crash-Statoil Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:16 BST
Production at the Statoil-operated Gullfaks B platform in the North Sea is shut for an undetermined period following a helicopter crash in which 13 platform staff are presumed dead, a senior company official ...
- Small caps news round-up Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - Flowgroup's shares plunged on Friday after the energy services company reported a wider operating loss in 2015. The company posted an operating loss of £17.1m in the year to 31 December ...
- Flowgroup's shares plunge as it reports full year loss Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 17:07 BST
(ShareCast News) - Flowgroup's shares plunged on Friday after the energy services company reported a wider operating loss in 2015.
- Eni makes progress on $8 bln asset sales goal Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 16:47 BST
Italy's Eni (LSE: 0N9S.L - news) is well on track to sell assets worth 5 billion euros in the next two years as the oil major looks for resources to fund high-profile projects in Egypt and Mozambique and offset the impact of lower oil prices. "That will be front-loaded with 5 billion euros in the first two years," Eni …
- FTSE 250 movers: Restaurant Group sinks as revenues lift Rotork Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 16:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 was down in afternoon trading on Friday, as investors picked their way through a raft of corporate earnings and as data showed the eurozone fell further into deflation in ...
- All 13 people preseumed dead in Norway helicopter crash-reports Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 16:04 BST
All 13 people onboard a helicopter that crashed off the west coast Norway on Friday are presumed dead, local police told Norwegian dailies Aftenposten and VG. "All those on board are presumed dead," ...
- 11 people found dead in Norway helicopter crash Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 14:30 BST
Emergency services have found 11 bodies after a helicopter crashed off the west coast off Norway on Friday, a rescue official told broadcaster NRK. A search for the remaining two passengers was ongoing, a spokesman from the Rescue Coordination Centre for Southern Norway told NRK, adding that among the 13 passengers were …
- Eni may benefit from tech savvy partner in Mozambique LNG-CFO Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 12:15 BST
"This contract is so big I guess we could take advantage from (having) a strong additional partner, not only stronger from a financial point of view but also (with) a capability to run such a complicated project," Eni Chief Financial Officer Massimo Mondazzi said in a conference call. Eni (LSE: 0N9S.L - news) has been …
- Asia report: Most markets drop, though down under defies Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 12:15 BST
(ShareCast News) - Markets in Asia ended the week on a largely downbeat note, as investors moved from central bank decisions to focus on US trading overnight.
- Am I nuts being out of Barclays PLC, Rio Tinto plc and Royal Dutch Shell Plc now? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 10:00 BST
Why Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), Rio Tinto (LON: RIO) and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RIO) could disappoint from here.
- Can BP plc, Soco International plc and Aminex plc make you rich? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 09:20 BST
3 ways to play a potential rise in the oil price: BP plc (LON: BP), Soco International plc (LON: SIA) and Aminex plc (LON: AEX)
- Gulf Keystone signs deal with bondholders to delay interest payments Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 09:02 BST
Oil producer Gulf Keystone Petroleum has reached an agreement with most of its bondholders to make use of a grace period for April coupon payments, it said on Friday. The company, whose main assets are located in Iraqi Kurdistan, has been grappling with low oil prices and slow payments from the Kurdistan Regional Government …
- Shell leaves Petro Matad on its own in Mongolia Sharecast - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 01:41 BST
(ShareCast News) - Petro Matad revealed it had lost its partner in the Block IV and V production sharing contracts in west and central Mongolia on Friday.
- London close: FTSE ends lower as US economic growth slows Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 17:55 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 ended lower on Thursday as US economic growth slowed in the first quarter and as investors continued to weigh central bank policy decisions in the US and Japan.
- FTSE 250 movers: Tullow and Weir limit losses Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 16:52 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 pared earlier losses by Thursday afternoon, as a strong showing from Tullow Oil, Weir and other resources-related groups overcame the effect of ex-dividend day.
- Royal London, Hermes take aim at UK plc pay plans Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 15:36 BST
Two of Britain's highest profile fund firms have called on a slew of UK companies to scrap lucrative pay plans for top managers following underwhelming performance, as a rebellion against soaring executive ...
- Christie's fetes 250 years in business with major British art sale Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 15:23 BST
From Joshua Reynolds to Lucian Freud, works spanning several centuries of British art will go under the hammer as part of a sale celebrating 250 years since auction house Christie's was founded. The highlights are three major works, led by "Ib and her Husband", an intimate 1992 portrait by Freud of his pregnant daughter …
- Don’t be a fossil! Why I’d still sell BP plc & Royal Dutch Shell plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 14:00 BST
Royston Wild explains why investors should continue to shift out of BP plc (LON: BP) and Royal Dutch Shell plc (LON: RDSB).
- Are Tullow Oil plc, KAZ Minerals plc and John Wood Group plc star buys after today’s updates? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 11:27 BST
Should you pile into these 3 resources stocks right now? Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW), KAZ Minerals plc (LON: KAZ) and John Wood Group plc (LON: WG).
- ITM Power: 1.5 MW Electrolyser Deployment in Scotland Business Wire - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 11:00 BST
ITM Power (AIM: ITM), the energy storage and clean fuel company, is pleased to announce the award of a €5m EU grant for the BIG HIT (Building Innovative Green Hydrogen systems in an Isolated Territory) project funded by the Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (“FCH JU”). The FCH JU selected BIG HIT as the only …
- London open: Stocks fall after FOMC and BoJ policy decisions Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 10:17 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks dropped on Thursday after the Federal Reserve left the door open to an interest rate hike in June and the Bank of Japan decided against fresh stimulus.
- Tullow Oil cuts deeper as banks agree to amend loan terms Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 07:31 BST
Oil and gas producer Tullow Oil has reduced its annual capital expenditure budget by another $100 million to $1 billion and may cut spending further as it adjusts its balance sheet to weak oil prices. ...
- SFC Energy AG Publishes Audited Consolidated Financial Figures for 2015 and Forecast for 2016 Business Wire - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 07:05 BST
MUNICH--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- SFC Energy AG - Corporate News SFC Energy AG publishes audited consolidated financial figures for 2015 and forecast for 2016 - Final consolidated figures confirm preliminary figures ...
- Broker tips: Stagecoach, Next, Tullow Oil Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 01:38 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investec upgraded Stagecoach to 'reduce' from 'sell' saying that while the outlook for the company remains negative in many areas, much of this is already priced into the shares.
- London midday: Stocks drop as traders weigh Fed and BoJ policy Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 01:07 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks were in the red on Thursday as investors continued to weigh policy decisions from the Federal Reserve and the Bank of Japan.
- US, European stocks boosted by oil, better Fed outlook AFP - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 22:48 BST
- London close: FTSE rises ahead of Fed interest rate decision Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 17:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 finished higher on Wednesday, rebounding from earlier declines, as investors weighed UK economic data and awaited the Federal Reserve's latest policy decision.
- European shares helped by rise in utility stocks, oils; Athens dips Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 17:45 BST