- Don’t buy British American Tobacco plc, Centrica plc and GKN plc until you’ve considered this Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
These 3 stocks could offer much more potential than their sector peers: British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS), Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and GKN plc (LON: GKN).
- India's top court tells tobacco industry packs must carry bigger warnings Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
India's top court told tobacco companies on Wednesday they must adhere to a new federal rule requiring much larger health warnings on cigarette packs, in a major setback for the $11 billion industry that opposes the new policy. The Supreme Court turned down a plea to stay implementation of the new rules introduced from …
- Director dealings: RSA's Hester shows confidence in turnaround Sharecast - 16 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - RSA Insurance chief executive Stephen Hester bought almost £0.5m worth of shares in the company just after first quarter results from the company showed his turnaround plan appeared ...
- Sallie Mae Chairman and CEO to Present at Barclays Americas Select Franchise Conference on May 17 Business Wire - Wed, May 4, 2016 21:30 BST
NEWARK, Del.--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), the nation’s saving, planning, and paying for college company, today announced Chairman and CEO Raymond J. Quinlan will speak at the 2016 Barclays ...
- Are Aviva plc, Berkeley Group Holdings plc and British Land Company plc about to slash their dividends? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 4, 2016 15:57 BST
Should you avoid these 3 dividend stocks? Aviva plc (LON: AV), Berkeley Group Holdings plc (LON: BKG) and British Land Company plc (LON: BLND)
- EU's highest court upholds restrictive new law on cigarettes Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 15:02 BST
LUXEMBOURG/LONDON, May 4 (Reuters) - The European Union's highest court on Wednesday upheld a tough EU law that will standardise cigarette packs, ban menthol flavouring and restrict e-cigarette advertising, paving the way for its adoption this month and dealing a blow to Big Tobacco. The European Court of Justice's rejection …
- 3 Hot Shares for May: easyJet plc, SSE PLC & Burberry Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 4, 2016 09:40 BST
easyJet plc, (LON: EZJ), SSE PLC (LON: SSE) & Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) are all reporting. Are they too hot to miss?
- Why GlaxoSmithKline plc, 3i Group plc and Barratt Developments plc should outperform the FTSE 100! Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 4, 2016 09:20 BST
Royston Wild explains why GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), 3i Group plc (LON: III) and Barratt Developments plc (LON: BDEV) should gallop past the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX).
- EU's highest court upholds new restrictive law on cigarettes Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 4, 2016 08:46 BST
Europe's highest court on Wednesday upheld a tough EU law on standardising cigarette packaging and banning advertising of e-cigarettes, paving the way for its adoption later this month. The court rejected ...
- London midday: Stocks fall after worse-than-expected UK construction PMI Sharecast - Wed, May 4, 2016 01:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were under pressure on Wednesday as a report showed UK construction activity slowed more than expected in April.
- Do recent falls make ITV plc, Burberry Group plc & Restaurant Group plc a buy? Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 3, 2016 10:10 BST
Roland Head takes a closer look at the outlook for ITV plc (LON:ITV), Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) and Restaurant Group plc (LON:RTN).
- Are Banco Santander SA, Burberry Group plc and Merlin Entertainments plc the riskiest stocks in the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 2, 2016 10:00 BST
Should you avoid these 3 stocks? Banco Santander SA (LON:BNC), Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) and Merlin Entertainments plc (LON: MERL).
- UK royal Kate appears on cover of Vogue's 100th anniversary edition Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Apr 30, 2016 23:16 BST
The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, will appear on the cover of the 100th anniversary edition of the British version of fashion magazine Vogue, following in the path of her husband's late mother, Princess Diana. Late on Saturday Vogue revealed the cover of its June edition on its website, which goes on sale on Thursday, …
- Time to top-up on dividend stalwarts BP plc and British American Tobacco plc? Fool.co.uk - Sat, Apr 30, 2016 10:00 BST
BP plc (LON:BP) and British American Tobacco PLC (LON:BATS) have long been stalwart stocks for yield chasing investors.
- 3 reasons to be bullish on housebuilders Taylor Wimpey plc, Persimmon plc and Berkeley Group Holdings plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 29, 2016 09:00 BST
Find out why further gains are likely for Taylor Wimpey plc (LON:TW), Persimmon plc (LON:PSN) & Berkeley Group Holdings plc (LON:BKG).
- Friday preview: RBS to report first quarter loss, analysts estimate Sharecast - Thu, Apr 28, 2016 15:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - The Royal Bank of Scotland is expected to report a wider first quarter loss on Friday, reflecting a £1.25bn payment to the Treasury.
- Thursday preview: Lloyds reports first quarter interims Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 16:30 BST
(ShareCast News) - Lloyds Banking Group will be in focus on Thursday as it reports its first quarter interims following results from fellow lenders Barclays and Standard Chartered this week.
- Too much dividend can be a turnoff, say investors Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 13:26 BST
European companies are paying out the highest proportion of their earnings as dividends in more than 40 years, stoking fears among analysts over whether such payouts are sustainable. Investors have long grappled with the question of what companies should do with mounting cash loads - return it to shareholders or spend …
- Why I’m expecting a roaring comeback for Apple Inc. & Burberry Group plc! Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 13:10 BST
Royston Wild explains why investors should keep the faith with Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL.US) and Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY).
- Are Amec Foster Wheeler PLC, Fenner plc & Character Group plc a buy after today’s results? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 12:10 BST
This is what you need to know about Amec Foster Wheeler PLC (LON:AMFW), Fenner plc (LON:FENR) and Character Group plc (LON:CCT) after today's updates.
- Should you prepare for bad news from Diageo plc, British American Tobacco plc and Coca-Cola HBC AG? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 08:40 BST
Are these 3 stocks about to plunge? Diageo plc (LON: DGE), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and Coca-Cola HBC AG (LON: CCH)
- Sector movers: Banks and homebuilders lead gains Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 20:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - Banks and real estate and property stocks rode to the top of the leaderboard on the heels of well-received quarterly earnings from StanChart and a perception that Brexit risks were fading, ...
- Small caps news round-up Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 18:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - Gene-editing technology company Horizon Discovery Group saw revenues grow sizably in the 2015 calendar year, it reported on Tuesday, though losses also widened. The AIM-traded firm reported ...
- Hornby appoints Steve Cooke as new CEO Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 14:01 BST
(ShareCast News) - AIM-listed model train maker Hornby has appointed current group finance director Steve Cooke as its new chief executive with immediate effect.
- London midday: Stocks rise after slate of corporate earnings Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 12:50 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged higher on Tuesday as traders digested a raft of corporate earnings.
- Are Diageo plc, Reckitt Benckiser group plc & PZ Cussons plc just too expensive? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 11:00 BST
After recent gains should you pass up Diageo plc (LON:DGE), Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON:RB) and PZ Cussons plc (LON:PZC)?
- 3 stunning FTSE 100 growth stocks! AstraZeneca plc, Persimmon plc & British American Tobacco plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 10:20 BST
Royston Wild explains why earnings are set to ignite at AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS).
- London open: Stocks move higher after corporate earnings Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 10:07 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks advanced on Tuesday as traders sifted through a batch of corporate earnings releases.
- Harvey swaps PZ Cussons boardroom for Pacific retirement Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 09:32 BST
(ShareCast News) - Consumer products group PZ Cussons was losing its non-executive chairman to the allure of antipodes on Tuesday, with Richard Harvey announcing his intention to step down on 31 December ...
- British American Tobacco sees profits weighted in H2 Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 07:53 BST
British American Tobacco , the world's second-biggest cigarette company, on Tuesday said its profit growth would be weighted toward the second half of the year, due partly to the impact of foreign exchange. In the three months to 31 March, the maker of Lucky Strike and Dunhill cigarettes said revenue rose 1.7 percent. …
- Sector movers: Banks dip on eve of earnings season Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 18:32 BST
(ShareCast News) - Bank shares were mostly in the red on Monday ahead of a week in which most of the UK's big players are due to report first quarter earnings this week.
- Ex-divs to take 7.52 points off FTSE 100 on April 28 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 16:18 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations, the resulting adjustment ...
- Beginners’ Portfolio: Persimmon plc, Barclays plc & BAE Systems plc help us to 35% gains Fool.co.uk - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 15:47 BST
Are Persimmon plc (LON: PSN), Barclays PLC (LON: BARC) & BAE Systems (LON: BA) in for a great future?
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners and banks slump but Imperial gains on upgrade Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 15:47 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was down 0.8% to 6,260.09 in afternoon trading, with miners pacing the decline.
- London midday: Mining stocks drag FTSE lower Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 08:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK equities edged lower on Friday with mining shares leading the declines as investors weighed worse-than-expected Eurozone manufacturing data.