- 3 Shares For The Week Ahead: Rio Tinto plc, Unilever plc And Burberry Group plc Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Will updates from Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO), Unilever plc (LON:ULVR) and Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) show up some investment bargains?
- London close: Mining and metal stocks help end week on a high Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - Glencore led mining shares higher as investors welcomed its decision to cut 500,000 tonnes or around a third of its annual zinc production as it looks to combat declining prices.
- Week ahead: Inflation figures in UK, China and US flood market Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - Inflation data in the UK, China and the US will be in the spotlight this coming week.
- FTSE 100 movers: Glencore rises as zinc output cut; Investors happy with StanChart report Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 15:35 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was up 63.88 points (1.00%) to 6,438.70 mid-afternoon Friday, rallying on the back of Thursday's release of the Federal Reserve minutes.
- McCarthy & Stone To Unveil Float Next Week Sky News - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 10:47 BST
Sky News understands that advisers to McCarthy & Stone (M&S) are targeting the latter half of next week to announce its intention to float on the London Stock Exchange (Other OTC: LDNXF - news) . It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) also said it would expand a target for land investment and building over the next four financial …
- Friday preview: UK trade balance, US wholesale figures Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 16:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK trade data on Friday is expected to show the deficit narrowed in August.
- FTSE 100 movers: Tesco moves back up the chain Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a slow start to the morning, the FTSE 100 was up 16.74 points (0.26%) to 6,353.09 by mid-afternoon.
- FTSE 250 movers: Dunelm rallies on strong sales; Hays tumbles on cautious outlook Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:52 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was down 0.3% to 16,978.38 at 1430 BST, as investors digested news that the Bank of England has decided to stand pat on interest rates and the size of its asset ...
- Tandem to pay extra £0.3m after finalising ESC deal Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 11:50 BST
(ShareCast News) - Sports leisure company Tandem Group said it has finalised the terms for the acquisition of Airwave, Windbar, Jack Stonehouse and Carpzone brands operator ESC.
- Are BAE Systems plc, Taylor Wimpey plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC And Redefine International PLC Four Of The Best Dividend Plays Out There? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 07:31 BST
Royston Wild explains why shrewd dividend seekers should snap up BAE Systems plc (LON: BA), Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) and Redefine International PLC (LON: RDI)....
- Should You Buy High-Yielding GlaxoSmithKline plc, Vodafone Group plc & Berkeley Group Holdings plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 06:39 BST
How reliable are the dividends from GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK), Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) and Berkeley Group Holdings plc (LON:BKG)?
- Thursday preview: BoE, ECB and Federal Reserve reveal policy details Sharecast - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 14:55 BST
(ShareCast News) - The central banks of England, Europe and the US will take centre stage on Thursday as they release details of their latest policy decisions.
- 3 Bargain-Basement Opportunities: BP plc, Bellway plc & Findel plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 13:53 BST
These 3 stocks are too cheap to miss: BP plc (LON: BP), Bellway plc (LON: BWY) and Findel plc (LON: FDL)
- Investors concerned as Adidas declines to join Blatter exit call Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 13:52 BST
MUNICH, Germany, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 7 (Reuters) - Investors in Adidas are increasingly worried that the FIFA corruption scandal risks tarnishing the German sportswear brand after the company declined to join other major sponsors and demand the immediate departure of President Sepp Blatter. Coca-Cola Co, McDonald's, …
- London midday: Stocks rise on growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output Sharecast - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 01:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose after reports showed better-than-expected growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output in August.
- FTSE 250 movers: Greggs surges on strong update; Acacia tumbles as output disappoints Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 15:25 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was flat at 17,111.00 at 1400 BST, as investors took a breather following healthy gains in the previous session.
- Sibanye raises platinum gamble with Aquarius deal Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 13:57 BST
JOHANNESBURG, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 6 (Reuters) - South Africa's Sibanye Gold has offered $294 million to buy Aquarius Platinum , making its second big bet on a platinum sector hammered by falling prices and rising costs. The deal, announced on Tuesday, would put South Africa's third-largest gold producer by …
- Sibanye Gold does not plan job cuts after offer to buy Aquarius Platinum Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 11:12 BST
South Africa's Sibanye Gold has no plans to cut jobs and will keep its dividend policy unchanged after its offer to acquire Aquarius Platinum for $294 million, its chief executive said on Tuesday. Sibanye ...
- London open: Stocks fall as investors weigh earnings Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 10:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday as traders sifted through earnings releases.
- London midday: Stocks fall as Citigroup cuts FTSE 100 year-end target Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 01:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell as Citigroup cut its 2015 year-end target for the FTSE 100 to 6900 from 7400 following downgrades to economic growth and the rising risk from China.
- Print money, spend, repeat - UK Conservatives take aim at Labour Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 17:40 BST
MANCHESTER, England, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 5 (Reuters) - The Bank of Labour - print money, spend money, repeat. At the annual conference of Britain's ruling Conservative Party, derision over the election of far-left lawmaker Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the main opposition Labour Party is never far from the surface. …
- EU breached tobacco lobbying rules: watchdog AFP - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 12:52 BST
- The FTSE 100’s 3 Best Dividend Stocks: National Grid plc, British American Tobacco plc And Admiral Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 10:30 BST
These 3 stocks have huge income potential: National Grid plc (LON: NG), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and Admiral Group plc (LON: ADM)
- Are Apple Inc., Britvic Plc, ITV plc & Persimmon plc 4 Of The Hottest Growth Stocks Out There? Fool.co.uk - Sun, Oct 4, 2015 11:41 BST
Royston Wild looks at the earnings picture over at Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), Britvic Plc (LON: BVIC), ITV plc (LON: ITV) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSN).
- Jim Slater: My latest tip improves the odds in the stock market casino Telegraph - Sat, Oct 3, 2015 08:06 BST
Sir James Goldsmith told Jim Slater: 'If you want to gamble, own the casino.' That's why he's tipping this share
- Glencore director puts money back on the table Sharecast - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 17:55 BST
(ShareCast News) - Glencore director William Macaulay has reinvested in the company as it continues its slow rebound.
- FTSE 100 movers: Banks rise after PPI deadline proposed; Experian falls after hack Sharecast - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 16:31 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a strong start to the day, the FTSE drastically dropped back to 6,080.75 mid-afternoon, up 8.28 points (0.14%).
- Should You Buy Neil Woodford’s China-Proof Shares Imperial Tobacco Group PLC, AstraZeneca plc And BT Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 14:08 BST
Neil Woodford's top holdings Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON:IMT), AstraZeneca plc (LON:AZN) and BT Group plc (LON:BT.A) are an antidote to his concerns about China.
- The rise of Britain's 'camouflage' villages Telegraph - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 22:28 BST
There's a rural revolution across the country. Villages are stealthily expanding - and you can't even tell
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls to dominate headlines Sharecast - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 17:21 BST
(ShareCast News) - The US non-farm payrolls report on Friday will be under the microscope as the Federal Reserve looks for signs of improvement in the labour market before raising interest rates.
- Are Vodafone Group plc, National Grid plc, Barratt Developments Plc And Unilever plc Four Of The Safest Dividends Out There? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 09:23 BST
Royston Wild explains why income seekers should be snapping up Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), National Grid plc (LON: NG), Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV) and Unilever plc (LON: ULVR).
- U.S. tobacco companies revive challenge to FDA over labeling Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 22:07 BST
The lawsuit brought by subsidiaries of Imperial Tobacco (LSE: IMT.L - news) Group, Reynolds American Inc (NYSE: RAI - news) and Altria against the FDA in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia is the second this year over the directive. Tobacco companies withdrew an earlier lawsuit in June after the …
- UK Factors-FTSE futures rise, Glencore seeks to reassure over debt Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 07:29 BST
Britain's FTSE 100 futures were up 1.2 percent on Wednesday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on. * The UK blue chip index closed down 0.8 percent at 5,909.24 points on Tuesday. ...
- UK Factors-FTSE seen rising at open Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 06:38 BST
Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 54-68 points, or 0.9-1.2 percent higher on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on. ...
- Bad news from US is bitter pill for pharmaceutical firms Telegraph - Tue, Sep 29, 2015 19:18 BST
The FTSE 100 fell for a second-consecutive trading session led lower by Wolseley and pharma companies as Glencore bounced back from record lows.