- BAT offers to buy U.S. tobacco firm Reynolds in $47 billion deal Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - British American Tobacco (Kuala Lumpur: 4162.KL - news) has offered to buy out U.S. cigarette maker Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI - news) Inc in a $47 billion takeover that would create the world's biggest listed tobacco company with brands including Newport, Lucky …
- Tobacco giant BAT targets US with $47 bn Reynolds bid AFP - 11 hours ago
- Britain's FTSE steadies near one-week high; BAT slips Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Britain's top share index steadied at the close on Friday after hitting a one-week high, with stronger miners following a rally in metals prices offsetting weaker companies such as British American Tobacco ...
- Burberry and Coach not in active merger talks - sources Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
PARIS, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - Britain's Burberry and U.S. firm Coach > are not in active merger talks, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, in reaction to a report that suggested the two fashion companies were considering a tie-up. There are no negotiations underway, Burberry is not talking …
- Should you catch today’s falling knife? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
Is this a situation to be greedy when others are fearful?
- Burberry shares spike on report of Coach merger interest Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
Burberry shares rose nearly 5 percent in solid volumes after financial blog Betaville said, citing sources, that rival U.S. luxury goods company Coach was working with investment bank Evercore on a potential ...
- Should you buy British American Tobacco plc after its proposed merger with Reynolds? Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Is British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) set for improved performance due to its proposed acquisition of Reynolds?
- Rise in British American Tobacco shares supports FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - UK shares steadied on Friday, boosted by British American Tobacco after it bid for U.S. rival Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI - news) , while profit warnings from mid-sized companies added a note of caution before earnings season picks up next week. The blue chip FTSE …
- BAT offers to buys U.S. tobacco firm Reynolds in $47 billion deal Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - British American Tobacco (Kuala Lumpur: 4162.KL - news) has offered to buy U.S. tobacco company Reynolds American Inc (NYSE: RAI - news) in a $47 billion deal bringing together Newport, Kent and Pall Mall cigarettes to create the U.S. market leader. The British …
- Is it time to sell these cyclical shares? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
These shares have more than doubled in value over the past five years but is it time to cut them loose?
- Barratt Developments' London boss held in contracts probe Sky News - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 13:26 BST
Housebuilder Barratt says police have arrested its London boss following an internal probe into the awarding of contracts. Barratt Developments (Frankfurt: 859551 - news) said it had suspended Alastair Baird, its regional managing director in the capital for the past five years, pending the outcome of the police inquiry. …
- The weak pound hides the real story behind these 2 top UK stocks Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 12:15 BST
Recent strong currency movements can blind investors to what is really going on at these two top UK companies, says Harvey Jones.
- Britain's FTSE gets easyJet boost; Burberry falls Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 17:37 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - British stocks climbed on Tuesday, rebounding from a fall the previous day as a rise for easyJet and mining companies helped outweigh a sharp drop in Burberry's shares. The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up 0.8 percent at 7,000.06 points by the close, underperforming …
- European shares rise led by miners, banks; Burberry slumps Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 17:17 BST
European shares bounced back on Tuesday, with mining stocks and banks leading the way, while Burberry slumped following its earnings update. The pan-European STOXX 600 index rose 1.5 percent to its highest ...
- Dare you miss these titanic FTSE 250 value stocks? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 14:55 BST
Royston Wild reveals two FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE: MCX) stars dealing at unmissable prices.
- More predictions of a British slowdown but here’s what you can do Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 14:06 BST
These three firms look set to thrive as we progress through the Brexit process.
- Burberry hit by weak department stores despite sterling boost Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 13:19 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - British luxury fashion brand Burberry reported a drop in first-half sales on Tuesday, hitting its shares as weak demand from U.S. department stores offset a surge in sales in its home market as tourists took advantage of a lower pound. Burberry, which makes more than …
- Is Burberry plc still the best fashion stock after today’s fall? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 12:37 BST
Royston Wild considers whether Burberry plc (LON: BRBY) is really a worthy stock selection following Tuesday’s collapse.
- 2 value stocks with a P/E below 8 Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 11:00 BST
These two value stocks that could be too cheap to pass up.
- Britain's FTSE boosted by rising miners, Burberry falls Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 10:20 BST
British stocks climbed on Tuesday, rebounding from a fall in the previous session as rising mining companies helped outweigh a sharp drop in Burberry's shares. The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up 1 percent ...
- British builder Bellway expects supplier price squeeze Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 09:01 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - British housebuilder Bellway (Stuttgart: 41B.SG - news) expects some of its suppliers to seek price rises after the Brexit-induced fall in the pound, echoing consumer goods group Unilever (NYSE: UL - news) 's move to recoup currency losses through higher prices. …
- Builder Bellway says demand remains strong after Brexit vote Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 07:20 BST
British housebuilder Bellway posted better than expected full-year profit on Tuesday and said that demand for new homes has remained resilient since Britons voted to leave the European Union. Bellway, ...
- Weak pound drives strong UK sales for luxury brand Burberry Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 07:18 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 18 (Reuters) - British luxury fashion label Burberry reported a better-than-expected 2 percent rise in retail sales in its second quarter after tourists in London took advantage of the weaker pound to buy its luxury goods. The company said positive trading in Europe and a "significant …
- The plummeting pound makes these stocks even more attractive Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 17, 2016 07:15 BST
Christmas may come early for these globally diversified companies this earnings season.
- Booming property auctions lift Brexit gloom in British real estate Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 17, 2016 06:00 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 16 (Reuters) - Commercial property auctions are proving an unlikely bright spot in Britain's real estate market where a steep drop in sterling has attracted overseas buyers and local investors are as yet unfazed by potential fallout from Brexit. Britain's 900 billion pound commercial …
- Is it time to buy housebuilder shares? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 14, 2016 15:44 BST
After sharp falls in the wake of the Brexit vote, is it finally time to buy UK housebuilder stocks?
- Bats Reports Strong September Data, including 11.7% U.S. Options Market Share Business Wire - Fri, Oct 14, 2016 12:00 BST
KANSAS CITY, Mo., NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Remains #1 in U.S. ETF Trading; #1 Pan-European Stock Market Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) today reported September data and highlights, including ...
- Are UK housing stocks too cheap to ignore? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 14, 2016 11:03 BST
Should you focus on low valuations rather than the high degree of uncertainty facing UK housing stocks?
- Soccer-Chelsea agree long-term kit deal with Nike Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 13, 2016 15:43 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 13 (Reuters) - Chelsea announced on Thursday a long-term partnership with Nike (Sao Paolo: NIKE34.SA - news) from next year in a deal that media reports suggested could be worth 60 million pounds ($74.61 million) a season. Without giving financial details, Chelsea said it represented …
- After today’s results, is Unilever plc a better pick than PZ Cussons plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 13, 2016 15:10 BST
Royston Wild discusses the investment case for Unilever plc (LON: ULVR) and PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC).
- Are 2 of Neil Woodford’s top holdings destined to fail? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 13, 2016 13:42 BST
Should you avoid these two stocks that are favoured by Neil Woodford or could population shifts and changing consumer behaviour actually help them?
- Britain's FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 equity indexes lose ground Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 12, 2016 16:56 BST
Britain's index of leading shares slipped on Wednesday from record highs reached in the previous session, partly reflecting currency moves which weighed on some of its global companies. The blue-chip FTSE ...
- 2 FTSE 100 superstars for cast-iron dividend growth Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 12, 2016 15:55 BST
Royston Wild looks at two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) heroes with dynamite dividend potential.
- Why I think these 2 stocks will boost their dividends Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 12, 2016 15:47 BST
These two FTSE 100 companies could boost their dividends due to their attractive near-term earnings outlooks and strong dividend coverage ratios.
- Are these stocks REALLY dividend dynamos after today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 12, 2016 14:46 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over two income stocks making the news on Wednesday.