- London midday: FTSE in the red on mixed earnings, data Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 01:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 slipped into the red on the back of a flat session in Asian markets, mixed earnings releases and economic data.
- Google quietly releases new Google Glass Telegraph - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 22:53 BST
Google has developed a second version of its smart glasses for businesses, six months after scrapping a similar gadget for consumers
- Form 8.3 - AGA RANGEMASTER GROUP PLC Business Wire - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 14:35 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover ...
- Telefónica’s Net Profit Doubles to 3,693 Million Euros between January and June and the Company Raises Revenue Growth Guidance for the Full Year Business Wire - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 08:14 BST
Telefónica raises its revenue growth guidance for the full year to >9.5 % (vs. >7% previously). Telefónica Spain has the most extensive Fibre-to-the-home network in Europe with the highest number of connected customers reaching 12.5 million premises passed to June. The evolution of sales is reflected in the improvement …
- FTSE 100 movers: GSK and Hikma lead blue chips higher Sharecast - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 17:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 index built an early lead on Wednesday and stayed in positive territory thanks to forecast-busting results from several heavyweights in the pharma, tobacco and banking sectors....
- Which Is Your Best Defensive Bet: British American Tobacco plc, SSE PLC Or Dignity Plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 13:51 BST
British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS), SSE PLC (LON:SSE) and Dignity Plc (LON:DTY) are under the spotlight after news today.
- BAT sees "plain packaging" challenge in Britain being heard in December Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 12:24 BST
British American Tobacco expects its legal challenge to the implementation of "plain packaging" of tobacco in Britain to be heard in court in December, with possible final resolution by the end of 2016, a senior executive said. Britain adopted a law in March that would prohibit tobacco products from being sold with any …
- BAT sees UK "plain packaging" challenge being heard in December Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 12:19 BST
British American Tobacco expects its legal challenge to the implementation of "plain packaging" of tobacco in Britain to be heard in court in December with possible final resolution by the end ...
- Are Hardy Oil & Gas plc And Games Workshop Group PLC More Appealing Buys Than GlaxoSmithKline plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 09:04 BST
Should you buy these 2 stocks ahead of GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK)? Hardy Oil & Gas plc (LON: HDY) and Games Workshop Group PLC (LON: GAW)
- British American Tobacco beats expectations, shares up Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 08:38 BST
British American Tobacco , the world's No. 2 cigarette company, reported better-than-expected performance for the second quarter, helped by cost savings and market share gains. Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in the company, which makes Dunhill and Lucky Strike cigarettes, were up 2.8 percent at 0718 GMT.
- British American Tobacco first-half sales hurt by currency moves Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 07:17 BST
British American Tobacco , the world's No. 2 cigarette company, reported lower revenue for the first half of the year, hurt by currency fluctuations and people cutting back on smoking. All big tobacco ...
- LVMH fashion and leather 2nd-quarter sales beat forecasts Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 19:13 BST
LVMH's fashion and leather division, its biggest in terms of profit and sales, beat forecasts on Tuesday with a 10 percent rise in second-quarter sales driven by strong trading in Europe, Japan and the United (Shenzhen: 000925.SZ - news) States. The performance, outpacing market estimates of 5-6 percent, came a day after …
- BUZZ-Kering: best day in 2.5 yrs after posting surprise sales growth Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 09:05 BST
** Kering rises 6.4 pct after a surprise rise in Q2 sales ** Like-for-like sales up 4.6 pct versus expected 2.5-3 pct drop ** Credit Suisse says beat driven by Gucci clearance sales in China ** Best day ...
- Why Unilever plc, British American Tobacco plc, Persimmon plc And Cobham plc Offer Outstanding Value For Money Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 15:59 BST
Royston Wild explains why Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and Cobham plc (LON: COB) are all top-notch stock selections.
- London open: Stocks start lower, weighed down by losses in China Sharecast - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 10:15 BST
(ShareCast News) - A sharp drop in Chinese stocks overnight weighed on risk sentiment early on as investors prepared themselves for the US central bank's policy announcement on Wednesday and a wave of ...
- Why Earnings Growth Is Slowing For Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Burberry Group plc, NEXT plc & Sports Direct International plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 08:55 BST
Should you avoid Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (LON:RB), Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY), NEXT plc (LON:NXT) and Sports Direct International plc (LON:SPD) on slowing earnings growth?
- 3 More Shares For The Week Ahead: GlaxoSmithKline plc, ITV plc And British American Tobacco plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 16:43 BST
Reporting next week: GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), ITV plc (LON: ITV) and British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS)
- Ladbrokes merges with Coral to create £2.3bn bookmaking giant Telegraph - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 08:42 BST
The new company will be the biggest bookie in Britain by betting shops, although regulators are expected to demand some disposals
- Canada court waives C$1.13 bln deposit in Quebec smoking case Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 23:53 BST
A Canadian appeal court ruled on Thursday that three major tobacco companies will not have to make a preliminary deposit of C$1.13 billion as they appeal a case that awarded more than C$15 billion in damages ...
- Kenyan tobacco firm BAT says H1 pretax profit up 8 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 17:41 BST
British American Tobacco Kenya said on Thursday it posted an 8 percent rise in its first half pretax profit to 2.77 billion shillings ($27.53 million), helped by improved sales and a favourable exchange rate on export sales. The company, a unit of London-listed British American Tobacco, said its gross turnover was up …
- Are ARM Holdings plc, Standard Life Plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC And SSE PLC Four Of The Hottest Dividend Stocks Out There? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 16:14 BST
Royston Wild looks at the payout prospects over at ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM), Standard Life Plc (LON: SL), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) and SSE PLC (LON: SSE).
- Beauty buys to brighten Unilever as markets lack shine Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 15:45 BST
Unilever expects a recent series of beauty deals to give its performance extra lustre while consumer demand remains weak for staple products from soup to soap. The Anglo-Dutch maker of Knorr soup, Lipton tea and Ben & Jerry's ice cream has been on a quest for the last few years to move away from food toward personal care, …
- Are SABMiller PLC, Blinkx plc & British American Tobacco plc Worth Your Money Right Now? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 22, 2015 11:17 BST
SABMiller PLC (LON:SAB), Blinkx plc (LON:BLNX) and British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) are under the spotlight.
- French tobacconists sabotage speed cameras in cigarette packaging protest Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 19:04 BST
France's tobacconists are protesting plans to force cigarette companies to use plain, unbranded packaging, by disabling traffic speed cameras. The radar 'hooding' - by covering them with bin liners - is symbolic: a 'cover up' that deprives the government of money in the same way that the anti-smoking legislation will reduce …
- London close: Investors take out insurance on market falls, push sector higher Sharecast - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 18:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors kept their powder dry ahead of a raft of earnings reports from several US tech heavyweights due out after the close of trading in New York on Tuesday night, while pondering ...
- PZ Cussons cautions on continued currency headwinds after full year profits hit Sharecast - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 17:18 BST
(ShareCast News) - For the 42nd year in a row, PZ Cussons increased its full year dividend, despite revenues and profits being dragged down by the major currency devaluation in Nigeria, its largest business....
- FTSE 100 movers: Royal Mail dips on underwhelming revenues, insurers and supermarkets higher Sharecast - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 16:46 BST
(ShareCast News) - London markets were muted on Tuesday as investors awaited earnings reports from US tech giants and remained wary of interest rate hikes from the Bank of England and Federal Reserve.
- FTSE 250 movers: IG Group buffeted by currency headwinds, miners rebound Sharecast - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 16:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - Mid-caps were subdued on Tuesday as strong performances from oil, insurance and technology stocks were offset by losses in the telecommunications, utilities and construction sectors....
- Are PZ Cussons plc & McBride plc Better Value Than Unilever plc & Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 14:38 BST
Should investors look beyond popular blue-chips Unilever plc (LON:ULVR) and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON:RB) to smaller companies PZ Cussons plc (LON:PZC) and McBride plc (LON:MCB)?
- London open: Most economists still see Grexit risks Sharecast - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 10:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - Investors were in a holding pattern ahead of quarterly results due out from a raft of US technology majors after the close of trading, with traders also wary ahead of the release of ...
- PZ Cussons pays Greek suppliers in cash during economic crisis Telegraph - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 09:49 BST
The maker of Carex handwash, St Tropez fake tan and the number-one maker of olive oil in Greece reveals that it is doing business in cash as it reports 32pc plunge in profits
- PZ Cussons profits hit by Nigerian downturn Telegraph - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 09:49 BST
The maker of Carex handwash and St Tropez fake tan reports 32pc plunge in profits
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Royal Dutch Shell Plc, HSBC Holdings plc And British American Tobacco plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 09:24 BST
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) and British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) are the heavyweight holdings of City of London Investment Trust plc (LON:CTY).
- Which Is The Best ‘BIG’ Dividend Pick? Glencore PLC, Bovis Homes Group plc Or Centrica PLC? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 08:51 BST
Royston Wild looks at the payout prospects of big-cap behemoths Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Bovis Homes Group plc (LON: BVS) and Centrica PLC (LON: CNA).
- 5 GARP Stocks To Research: Standard Life plc, Barclays plc, Ashtead Group plc, Bellway plc & OneSavings Bank plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 21, 2015 07:05 BST
Standard Life plc (LON:SL), Barclays plc (LON:BARC), Ashtead Group plc (LON:AHT), Bellway plc (LON:BWY) and OneSavings Bank plc (LON:OSB) are five value-growth shares.