- Gucci's sales growth remains sluggish in Q1 Reuters - UK Focus - 24 minutes ago
* Gucci like-for-like sales growth 0.3 pct in Q1, down 3.2 pct reported PARIS, April 24 (Reuters) - Gucci's sales growth remained sluggish in the first three months of the year, hit in part by the brand's upmarket repositioning and the clean-up of its wholesale distribution network. The Italian brand, which represents …
- London close: FTSE ends above 6,700 after strong US tech performance Sharecast - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
FTSE ends above 6,700; Easter retail sales rise; Ukraine kills militants, EU ponders Crimea sanctions
- Neil Woodford’s successor gloomy on FTSE 100 prospects Telegraph - 4 hours ago
Mark Barnett, the replacement for investment guru Neil Woodford, has made a downbeat prediction for the UK stock market
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Wednesday preview: Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing data due out Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 08:50 BST
Barring unexpected events, the upcoming trading session may well turn out to be the most interesting this week, as investors focus on a raft of important economic data which are set for release, alongside ...
- Double Your Income In Just Six Years! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:55 BST
What matters is dividend growth, not just dividend yield.
- Build A Quality Dividend Portfolio In 5 Minutes Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 14:46 BST
An excellent chance of beating cash and the market.
- Is There Still Time To Buy British American Tobacco plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 14:37 BST
Can British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) move higher, or are the company's shares overvalued?
- It’s time to go on the defensive to safeguard those bull market winnings Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:38 BST
As stock markets around the world wobble, we investigate the safest shares for gains and income
- Sunday share tips: Associated British Foods, Telford Homes, Gulf Keystone Sharecast - Sun, Apr 20, 2014 22:24 BST
Research from Redburn Partners shows that markets have new-found faith in Primark, the retail arm of Associated British Foods. Yet investors may have cause to be wary. The company's stock price has risen ...
- Madness of easy money and momentum stocks is crushing the unwary Telegraph - Sun, Apr 20, 2014 18:58 BST
Recent moves in the global financial markets point towards a fundamental shift in strategy for investors which could lead to losses for retail shareholders
- Questor share tip: Property boom tipped to double Telford’s profits Telegraph - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 18:27 BST
The shares are clearly at the mercy of the London housing market, which for now looks well supported
- Is this 38,000-word insurance policy a record for jargon? Telegraph - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:42 BST
Policy documents twice as long as a Shakespearian tragedy: read some of the worst-ever financial gibberish
- FTSE 100 movers: Barclays leads banks higher on shake-up speculation Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:55 BST
The share price of Barclays rose strongly on Thursday amid speculation the bank could announce thousands of further job cuts in its investment banking division as part of a corporate shake-up.
- Broker tips: Imperial Tobacco, Legal & General, GlaxoSmithKline... Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels. Nevertheless, the bank kept its 'buy' recommendation and 2,780p target price....
- Goldman positive on Imperial Tobacco, but sees less potential upside Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels.
- London open: Diageo leads stocks lower ahead of Easter weekend Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:56 BST
Ukraine crisis in focus as leaders meet in Geneva; US data, corporate earnings closely watched; Diageo drops as weak Q3 dampens growth.
- London midday: Markets flat as Ukraine crisis dampens risk appetite Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 01:23 BST
Ukraine turmoil continues as clashes turn deadly; Investors cautious ahead of four-day weekend; US corporate earnings in focus; Diageo, Remy Cointreau dampen sentiment in beverage sector.
- London close: Stocks finish on upbeat note Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 18:11 BST
FTSE closes up 42.56 points at 6,584.17; UK unemployment data drops to 6.9 per cent; US industrial production rises more than expected
- Telford homes to report significant growth in profits Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 15:51 BST
Property development group Telford Homes has announced it expects to report significant growth as pre-tax profits are anticipated to "more than double" for the year ended March 31st.
- Persimmon says housing demand picking up across Britain Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 11:01 BST
British housebuilder Persimmon said demand for new houses continued to strengthen, helped by government intervention to help first-time buyers. Persimmon (Frankfurt: OHP.F - news) , which builds homes across the country apart from central London, said its new financial year had started well, with private sale rates per …
- Neil Woodford’s High Income Fund Farewell: Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc, Rentokil Initial plc And Sanofi SA Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:36 BST
Woodford's mega-million moves on Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON:MRW), Rentokil Initial plc (LON:RTO) and Sanofi SA (NYSE:SNY).
- London open: Stocks bounce off three-week low as Tesco gains Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:15 BST
Tesco, Hargreaves, Burberry and Persimmon rise after updates; Momentum shares bounce back after recent falls; Chinese data mixed, growth slows; Global economic data in focus today.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as China economic growth beats forecasts Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:13 BST
China grows more than expected; Eurozone inflation data due; UK jobs data to be released
- British housebuilders Persimmon, Telford boosted by strong market Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 08:37 BST
British housebuilders Persimmon and Telford Homes (LSE: TEF.L - news) said the market for new homes continued to strengthen, underpinned by better availability of mortgages and demand from buyers outstripping supply. Persimmon (Frankfurt: OHP.F - news) said its new financial year had started well, with private sales rates …
- London midday: Sports Direct, Burberry and Tesco lead markets higher Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 01:12 BST
Sports Direct gains as momentum stocks recovery; Tesco, Burberry and Persimmon impress with results; UK unemployment declines, China data mixed; Ukraine crisis escalates
- London close: FTSE down as Russian units spotted in Ukraine Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 18:11 BST
FTSE closes down 42.15 points at 6,541.61; Ukraine says Russian forces have entered the country; UK inflation falls to 1.6 per cent in March; German investor confidence falls for 4th month
- Imperial Tobacco calls time on last UK factory Telegraph - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 17:51 BST
540 jobs to go in Nottingham as Imperial Tobacco announces a major European restructuring programme to cut costs
- Imperial Tobacco plans 900 job cuts as European factories close Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:37 BST
Imperial Tobacco has begun talks with trade unions about cutting 900 jobs as it looks to close two factories in Nottingham and Nantes, France.
- Labelux aims for Jimmy Choo share offer this autumn-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:27 BST
Privately owned luxury group Labelux has hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise it on a possible London market flotation of Jimmy Choo this autumn that could value the upmarket shoemaker at over 900 million pounds ($1.5 billion), industry and financial sources said. A. Benckiser (JAB), the investment holding company …
- 3 Reasons Why Imperial Tobacco Group PLC Could Be A Winner Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:21 BST
After making a strong start to the year, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) could be on the up. Here's why.
- Imperial Tobacco to shut factories in UK, France Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:03 BST
Britain's Imperial Tobacco (LSE: IMT.L - news) is shutting cigarette factories in England and France with the loss of about 900 jobs as it grapples with declining sales in Europe. The maker of Gauloises and Davidoff cigarettes blamed the closures on tough economic conditions, increased regulation and taxes and growth …
- Imperial Tobacco To Close Nottingham Factory Sky News - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 13:39 BST
Up to 900 jobs are to be lost under plans by Imperial Tobacco (LSE: IMT.L - news) to close factories in Nottingham and Nantes in France. The company said it wanted to shut both its production plant and distribution centre in Nottingham, which together employ around 540 people - almost a third of its UK workforce. Imperial, …
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:40 BST
APR Energy: Goldman Sachs reduces target price from 1165p to 1039p, while upgrading to buy.
- Imperial Tobacco announces closure of UK, French factories AFP - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:36 BST