- Questor share tip: Property boom tipped to double Telford’s profits Telegraph - 5 hours ago
The shares are clearly at the mercy of the London housing market, which for now looks well supported
- Is this 38,000-word insurance policy a record for jargon? Telegraph - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:42 BST
Policy documents twice as long as a Shakespearian tragedy: read some of the worst-ever financial gibberish
- FTSE 100 movers: Barclays leads banks higher on shake-up speculation Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:55 BST
The share price of Barclays rose strongly on Thursday amid speculation the bank could announce thousands of further job cuts in its investment banking division as part of a corporate shake-up.
- Broker tips: Imperial Tobacco, Legal & General, GlaxoSmithKline... Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels. Nevertheless, the bank kept its 'buy' recommendation and 2,780p target price....
- Goldman positive on Imperial Tobacco, but sees less potential upside Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 15:53 BST
Goldman Sachs has removed Imperial Tobacco from its 'Conviction List', saying it sees less potential upside from current levels.
- London open: Diageo leads stocks lower ahead of Easter weekend Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 09:56 BST
Ukraine crisis in focus as leaders meet in Geneva; US data, corporate earnings closely watched; Diageo drops as weak Q3 dampens growth.
- London midday: Markets flat as Ukraine crisis dampens risk appetite Sharecast - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 01:23 BST
Ukraine turmoil continues as clashes turn deadly; Investors cautious ahead of four-day weekend; US corporate earnings in focus; Diageo, Remy Cointreau dampen sentiment in beverage sector.
- London close: Stocks finish on upbeat note Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 18:11 BST
FTSE closes up 42.56 points at 6,584.17; UK unemployment data drops to 6.9 per cent; US industrial production rises more than expected
- Telford homes to report significant growth in profits Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 15:51 BST
Property development group Telford Homes has announced it expects to report significant growth as pre-tax profits are anticipated to "more than double" for the year ended March 31st.
- Persimmon says housing demand picking up across Britain Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 11:01 BST
British housebuilder Persimmon said demand for new houses continued to strengthen, helped by government intervention to help first-time buyers. Persimmon (Frankfurt: OHP.F - news) , which builds homes across the country apart from central London, said its new financial year had started well, with private sale rates per …
- Neil Woodford’s High Income Fund Farewell: Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc, Rentokil Initial plc And Sanofi SA Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:36 BST
Woodford's mega-million moves on Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON:MRW), Rentokil Initial plc (LON:RTO) and Sanofi SA (NYSE:SNY).
- London open: Stocks bounce off three-week low as Tesco gains Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:15 BST
Tesco, Hargreaves, Burberry and Persimmon rise after updates; Momentum shares bounce back after recent falls; Chinese data mixed, growth slows; Global economic data in focus today.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as China economic growth beats forecasts Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 10:13 BST
China grows more than expected; Eurozone inflation data due; UK jobs data to be released
- British housebuilders Persimmon, Telford boosted by strong market Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 08:37 BST
British housebuilders Persimmon and Telford Homes (LSE: TEF.L - news) said the market for new homes continued to strengthen, underpinned by better availability of mortgages and demand from buyers outstripping supply. Persimmon (Frankfurt: OHP.F - news) said its new financial year had started well, with private sales rates …
- London midday: Sports Direct, Burberry and Tesco lead markets higher Sharecast - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 01:12 BST
Sports Direct gains as momentum stocks recovery; Tesco, Burberry and Persimmon impress with results; UK unemployment declines, China data mixed; Ukraine crisis escalates
- London close: FTSE down as Russian units spotted in Ukraine Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 18:11 BST
FTSE closes down 42.15 points at 6,541.61; Ukraine says Russian forces have entered the country; UK inflation falls to 1.6 per cent in March; German investor confidence falls for 4th month
- Imperial Tobacco calls time on last UK factory Telegraph - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 17:51 BST
540 jobs to go in Nottingham as Imperial Tobacco announces a major European restructuring programme to cut costs
- Imperial Tobacco plans 900 job cuts as European factories close Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:37 BST
Imperial Tobacco has begun talks with trade unions about cutting 900 jobs as it looks to close two factories in Nottingham and Nantes, France.
- Labelux aims for Jimmy Choo share offer this autumn-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:27 BST
Privately owned luxury group Labelux has hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise it on a possible London market flotation of Jimmy Choo this autumn that could value the upmarket shoemaker at over 900 million pounds ($1.5 billion), industry and financial sources said. A. Benckiser (JAB), the investment holding company …
- 3 Reasons Why Imperial Tobacco Group PLC Could Be A Winner Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:21 BST
After making a strong start to the year, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) could be on the up. Here's why.
- Imperial Tobacco to shut factories in UK, France Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 15:03 BST
Britain's Imperial Tobacco (LSE: IMT.L - news) is shutting cigarette factories in England and France with the loss of about 900 jobs as it grapples with declining sales in Europe. The maker of Gauloises and Davidoff cigarettes blamed the closures on tough economic conditions, increased regulation and taxes and growth …
- Imperial Tobacco To Close Nottingham Factory Sky News - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 13:39 BST
Up to 900 jobs are to be lost under plans by Imperial Tobacco (LSE: IMT.L - news) to close factories in Nottingham and Nantes in France. The company said it wanted to shut both its production plant and distribution centre in Nottingham, which together employ around 540 people - almost a third of its UK workforce. Imperial, …
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:40 BST
APR Energy: Goldman Sachs reduces target price from 1165p to 1039p, while upgrading to buy.
- Imperial Tobacco announces closure of UK, French factories AFP - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 12:36 BST
- Nigeria's PZ Cussons says 9-month profit up 32 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:55 BST
Nigeria's PZ Cussons said on Tuesday its nine-month pretax profit climbed to 5.17 billion naira, up 32.3 percent from 3.91 billion a year earlier, sending its shares higher. Turnover at the local unit ...
- London open: Stocks fall after China data and mixed corporate news Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:40 BST
Chinese new credit falls in March, money supply slows down; Corporate earnings/updates receive mixed reaction; Economic data in focus later on.
- Imperial Tobacco to shut plants in UK, France Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 11:30 BST
Imperial Tobacco on Tuesday said it would shut cigarette factories in Nottingham, England and Nantes, France, as it grapples with declining sales. The maker of Gauloises and Davidoff cigarettes said the ...
- Business news and markets: as it happened - April 15, 2014 Telegraph - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 09:35 BST
Consumer prices in the US rise 0.2pc in March, bringing annual inflation rate up to 1.5pc
- London midday: Stocks edge lower as investors digest data, earnings Sharecast - Tue, Apr 15, 2014 01:11 BST
Chinese, UK and German data disappoints; UK corporate updates come in mixed; US data, earnings in focus this afternoon.
- Market report: Ocado hit as sell-off continues Telegraph - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 20:22 BST
Deutsche Bank analysts reckon the online grocery delivery group has further to fall
- Market overview: Stocks rise after Wall Street bounces back Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 19:07 BST
1630:Close UK stocks ended the day higher, recovering from a sharp dip earlier on which was attributed to the news-flow out of Ukraine remaining rather negative. Some of the up and until now most high ...
- London close: Stocks rise despite tensions in Ukraine Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 18:22 BST
FTSE closes down 22.06 at 6,583.76; Tensions in Eastern Europe provide drag; BP a notable faller; US retail sales beat expectations
- FTSE 100 movers: Supermarkets, miners lead, airlines fly lower Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 17:41 BST
Sainsbury was a strong riser as it recovered from last week's news that it had lost some of its market share to the likes of discount stores Lidl and Aldi.
- Tuesday preview: Aggreko, GKN report Sharecast - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 17:00 BST
Temporary power company Aggreko is expected to report first quarter growth on the back of an increase in order intake.
- Ex-divs to take 3.2 points off FTSE 100 on April 16 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:33 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Wednesday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...