- Up in smoke: BAT ends 17-year old auditing relationship with PwC Telegraph - 9 hours ago
World's number two tobacco company launches tender process for new auditors
- BAT to change auditors after 17 years with PWC Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
British American Tobacco , the world's second-largest cigarette maker, said on Monday it had launched a competitive tender process to appoint new external auditors, after using PricewaterhouseCoopers since ...
- Week ahead in business and economics: March 2 - 8 Telegraph - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 23:53 GMT
Today Full-year results: Amlin, Dialight, Hiscox, Intertek, Senior, Trinity Mirror, WH Ireland Interim results: None Trading update: Thorntons Economics: Consumer credit data, manufacturing PMI Meetings: ...
- Questor share tip: Hold Travis Perkins as it builds up momentum Telegraph - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 15:40 GMT
Building materials firm will benefit from the housing boom and increased consumer confidence
- London close: Stocks inch lower as US data and comes in mixed Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 17:13 GMT
Despite setting a new intraday record just before the close, the FTSE 100 finished just a few points lower on Friday as investors took profits after a batch of mixed economic data from the States.
- Should You Buy Thorntons plc, PZ Cussons plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc And SABMiller plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 15:09 GMT
Are these 4 stocks worth buying right now? Thorntons plc (LON: THT), PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC), Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB) and SABMiller plc (LON: SAB)
- Kenya's BAT says FY 2104 pretax profit up 11 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 05:34 GMT
British American Tobacco Kenya's full year 2014 pretax profit jumped 11 percent to 6.1 billion shillings , helped by increased export and domestic sales, the company said on Friday. The firm, East Africa's ...
- Data from largest U.S. tobacco study shows high use of multiple products Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 04:43 GMT
Preliminary results from the largest U.S. survey of tobacco consumption show a high number of people use multiple products, adding key data to the debate on the role of e-cigarettes in reducing harm from tobacco. The results of the study, released Thursday, showed 40 percent of tobacco consumers use multiple products, …
- London midday: FTSE flat on mixed earnings as Germany approves Greek extension Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 00:12 GMT
UK stocks touched a new intraday record on Friday before slipping into the red, as investors treaded carefully on another busy day for corporate earnings and economic data.
- London close: FTSE edges higher to new record close Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:36 GMT
London's FTSE 100 managed to inch higher to a new record high on Thursday as improving economic data across Europe and positive developments in Ukraine boosted markets after a slow start.
- British American Tobacco says would fight UK "plain packaging" law Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 16:15 GMT
British American Tobacco (LSE: BATS.L - news) , the world's second-largest cigarette maker, said on Thursday it would take action against the UK government if it enacts a plan to put cigarettes in "plain packaging". "If the regulations, as published this week, are passed, we anticipate taking legal action," said Jerome …
- 3 Stocks Set To Smash The FTSE 100: British American Tobacco plc, BT Group plc & Glencore PLC Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 11:29 GMT
These 3 stocks could be worth buying right now: British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN)
- London open: Influx of earnings and economic data keeps stocks flat Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:47 GMT
UK stocks were more or less flat on Thursday morning with markets fluctuating at record highs amid a barrage of corporate earnings and economic data.
- British American Tobacco sales fall less than expected Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:01 GMT
British American Tobacco (LSE: BATS.L - news) , the world's second-biggest tobacco company, reported slightly better than expected sales for 2014, gaining share in a market shrinking as more smokers stub out the habit. Aside from a growing health-consciousness, the global tobacco industry is under pressure from weak …
- Britain's FTSE edges higher after StanChart announces new CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 09:19 GMT
Britain's top share index edged higher on Thursday following a spate of mixed earnings reports, supported by the banking sector as the market welcomed the announcement of a new CEO of Standard Chartered. ...
- How Safe Are Dividends At Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, SABMiller plc And PZ Cussons plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 08:21 GMT
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (LON: RB), SABMiller plc (LON: SAB) and PZ Cussons plc (LON: PZC) offer handsome total returns.
- British American Tobacco cigarette sales drop 1.4pc Telegraph - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:56 GMT
World's number two tobacco company says it fared better than the industry as a whole
- British American Tobacco sales fall slightly smaller than expected Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:17 GMT
British American Tobacco , the world's second-biggest tobacco company, reported a slightly smaller-than-expected full-year sales decline, as smokers continued to cut back on the habit. The London-based ...
- Telefónica Achieves a Net Profit of 3,001 Million Euros in 2014, is Now Back on the Path to Organic Growth of Income (+2.6%) and OIBDA (+0.2%) and Announces the Beginning of a New Cycle Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:50 GMT
In the results presentation, César Alierta, Chairman and CEO of Telefónica (NYSE:TEF) (LSE:TDE), has emphasized that "the execution of our transformation strategy in recent years, coupled with the evident change in trends which is underway, lead us to upgrade the level of our ambition for the next two years. The evolution …
- London open: UK stocks tread water at all-time high Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 09:16 GMT
UK stocks were flat on Wednesday morning as markets paused for breath following the new all-time highs reached the previous session.
- London pre-open: Small retreat expected after Tuesday's record highs Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:52 GMT
UK markets were expected to pull back slightly on Wednesday as investors tread cautiously following the new all-time highs reached the previous session.
- Why ARM Holdings plc, Meggitt plc, ITV plc, Redrow plc And Galliford Try plc Are All Soaring Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:45 GMT
ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM), Meggitt plc (LON: MGGT), ITV plc (LON: ITV), Redrow plc (LON: RDW) and Galliford Try plc (LON: GFRD) all hit new highs.
- Barratt Developments posts 75 pct rise in first-half profit Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:16 GMT
Housebuilder Barratt Developments posted a 75 percent rise in profit in the six months to end-December on Wednesday after it completed 6,971 new homes, and said its second half had started well. The company, ...
- Cuba could export $250 mn of cigars to US AFP - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 21:38 GMT
- Vodafone misses out on record-breaking rally Telegraph - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 20:28 GMT
The mobile telecoms group was a faller in a FTSE 100 that broke its 15-year old record high
- All time high for the FTSE 100? It's still 7pc undervalued Telegraph - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 19:08 GMT
- All time high for the FTSE 100: but is it still time to buy? Telegraph - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 19:08 GMT
As the market finally passes its previous high, Richard Evans examines whether its time to buy
- Wednesday preview: Eyes on Whitbread, Weir Group earnings and China manufacturing data Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 18:42 GMT
Leisure and hospitality giant Whitbread is expected report its fourth quarter trading update on Wednesday. The update is likely to be welcomed by markets due to an improving UK consumer environment and ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Just Retirement higher on "resilient profits" Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 16:03 GMT
Pension provider Just Retirement surged after saying it delivered "resilient profits" despite changes made to the annuity market in the government Budget last year. Annuity sales were down just ...
- Designers dabble with decades at London Fashion Week Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:41 GMT
Designers dabbled with different decades for inspiration at London Fashion Week, offering a heady mixture of patterned flares, oversized sheepskin jackets and printed mini-dresses in their latest collections. "It feels like we are seeing many ideas over many decades," Ken Downing, fashion director at U.S. luxury department …
- It’s Official! Vodafone Group plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc & Imperial Tobacco Group PLC Are The Best Income Stocks In The World Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:18 GMT
Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) offer the best dividend yields around.
- Should You Buy Persimmon plc Instead Of Taylor Wimpey plc, Bellway plc, Berkeley Group Holdings PLC And Barratt Developments Plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:11 GMT
Is Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) worth buying ahead of sector peers Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW), Bellway plc (LON: BWY), Berkeley Group Holdings PLC (LON: BKG) and Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV)?
- BUZZ-UK housebuilders: interest rate fears take froth off sector Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:00 GMT
** Interest rate rise fears see UK housebuilders retreat from lofty levels as sector also comes into focus on day of Persimmon's FY results ** Thomson Reuters UK Homebuilding index hit record on Monday ...
- Housebuilder Persimmon posts rise in full-year profit Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 09:52 GMT
British housebuilder Persimmon reported a 44 percent rise in full-year profit on Tuesday after it sold 13,509 homes in 2014, and said the outlook for the property market was positive. Chief Executive Jeff Fairburn said the group's strong cash generation meant it would now pay out 95 pence a share to investors in April …
- London open: Markets flat as Greece submits reform list, investors await Yellen Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 09:17 GMT
UK stocks opened slightly lower on Tuesday morning as investors waited nervously to see if Eurozone finance ministers will sign off on a Greek bailout extension.