- UK's FTSE 100 rises near 1-yr high, mid-caps claw back Brexit losses Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
Britain's top share index climbed to its highest closing level in nearly a year on Wednesday, with housebuilders among the top performers, while mid-cap stocks touched their best level since last month's ...
- BUZZ-Capital & Counties: Liontrust sells on London luxury property fears Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
** London prime property prices are worrying Liontrust fund manager Stephen Bailey, who has sold his holding in London-focused developer Capital & Counties ** UK housing stocks among worst affected by ...
- LVMH fashion and leather Q2 sales beat forecasts Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 18:37 BST
French luxury group LVMH on Tuesday posted forecast-beating fashion and leather sales growth in the second quarter, helped by solid demand in the United States and improved trading in Asia, excluding Japan. Second-quarter sales at LVMH's all-important fashion and leather goods division were up 1 percent on a like-for-like …
- EXCLUSIVE-Barrick Gold weighs sale of $1.9 bln Acacia stake - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 17:52 BST
TORONTO/VANCOUVER, July 26 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp , the world's largest gold producer, is weighing a sale of its majority stake in African unit Acacia Mining Plc (LSE: ABG.L - news) and has approached several South African miners, according to sources familiar with the situation. The potential sale would be part …
- Britain's FTSE supported by positive company updates Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 16:50 BST
Britain's top share index ended slightly higher on Tuesday, driven by gains in lender Provident Financial engineering firm GKN and BT, though housebuilders fell after a series of price target cuts. The blue chip FTSE 100 index closed 0.2 percent higher at 6,724.03 points. The FTSE 100 index was also helped by several …
- Are Lloyds Banking Group plc, Games Workshop Group plc and PZ Cussons plc Brexit bargain buys Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 12:38 BST
Is now the perfect time to add Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY), Games Workshop Group plc (LON:GAW) and PZ Cussons plc (LON:PZC) to your portfolio?
- Capital & Counties shares fall after London property holding marked down Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 10:04 BST
Shares in British property developer Capital & Counties fell 5 percent and led losses among UK housebuilders on Tuesday after it wrote down the value of one of its prime holdings in London by more than ...
- BUZZ-UK property: trouble in Earls Court Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 09:46 BST
** UK property stocks fall on Tuesday, led by Capital & Counties after the London-focused developer wrote down the value of its Earls Court site ** Cuts valuation of its Earls Court site to £1.2 bln from ...
- Britain's FTSE boosted by BT and GKN Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 09:28 BST
UK shares opened in positive territory on Tuesday, driven by gains in engineering firm GKN and BT, though UK housebuilders fell after a series of price target cuts. The blue chip FTSE 100 index was up ...
- SPECIAL REPORT-In Turkish sweatshops, Syrian children sew to survive Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 26, 2016 07:01 BST
Muna Awwal wants to go to school. Nine, corrects her father, Mahmud, as they sit in the family's second-floor flat in Istanbul's textile district. Now (NYSE: DNOW - news) , he says, he relies on three of his five children to get by.
- 3 shares that can supercharge your portfolio in 2016 Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 14:15 BST
These three shares could outperform and boost your portfolio this year.
- MORNING BID EUROPE-Germany pursues leads on violence spate Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 08:29 BST
Authorities in Germany are picking through leads on three separate violent incidents that have shaken the country in recent days. Bavarian officials say the 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman who killed ...
- Are Barratt Developments plc, Taylor Wimpey plc and Persimmon plc all heading for a slowdown? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 25, 2016 07:05 BST
Will Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) follow Barratt Developments plc (LON: BDEV) in reviewing the pace of construction?
- 3 post-Brexit picks I’d buy now Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 22, 2016 07:05 BST
Barratt Developments plc (LON:BDEV), Aviva plc (LON:AV) and AstraZeneca plc (LON:AZN) are three candidates for your watch list.
- These stocks yield up to 8%! Are they too good to be true? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 07:05 BST
Royston Wild discusses the dividend prospects of four Footsie giants.
- Unilever sharpens P&G rivalry by buying Dollar Shave Club Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 21, 2016 00:00 BST
Unilever Plc is to buy U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) .-based Dollar Shave Club, expanding its presence in the growing market for male grooming products and sharpening its rivalry with Procter & Gamble which owns the Gillette brand. The surprise move by Unilever, which makes Axe body spray and Dove soap, shows how e-commerce …
- 4 perfect stocks for ‘Brexit Britain’! Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 20, 2016 07:00 BST
Royston Wild reveals a cluster of stocks waiting to deliver plump shareholder returns.
- Should you buy Aviva plc, Persimmon plc and easyJet plc while they’re still cheap? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 15:00 BST
Are Aviva plc (LON: AV), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and easyJet plc (LON: EZJ) unmissable Brexit bargains now?
- Are British Land Company plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc and Barratt Developments plc bargain buys? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jul 18, 2016 11:09 BST
Are British Land Company plc (LON:BLND), Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (LON:RBS) and Barratt Developments plc (LON:BDEV) too cheap to miss?
- Functional, funky and from the Fifties: retro design is making a comeback Telegraph - Sat, Jul 16, 2016 06:00 BST
Functional, funky and from the Fifties: retro design is making a comeback
- BUZZ-Philip Morris shares smoking ahead of Q2 report Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 20:16 BST
** Shares of Philip Morris International have been smoking ahead of the company's quarterly report on Tuesday ** Stock up 7 pct from Jun 27 post-Brexit low, bringing YTD gains to 18 pct; recently traded ...
- Will surprisingly solid Chinese GDP numbers lift Standard Chartered plc, Prudential plc and Burberry Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 12:36 BST
6.7% GDP growth is music to the ears of executives at Standard Chartered plc (LON: STAN), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY).
- 3 stocks set to beat the FTSE 100 in a post-Brexit world Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 15, 2016 07:20 BST
These three companies could perform exceptionally well in the long run.
- Bank of England jolts sterling as it keeps rates on hold, August move expected Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 18:09 BST
The Bank of England wrong-footed investors by keeping interest rates on hold on Thursday, but held out the prospect of a stimulus package soon to help the economy cope with Britain's decision to leave the European Union. The battered pound surged by more than 2 percent as the central bank held its Bank Rate at 0.50 percent, …
- Britain's FTSE 100 retreats from 11-month high after BoE holds rates Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 16:54 BST
Britain's top shares index fell back from an 11-month high and underperformed other European indexes on Thursday after the Bank of England dashed hopes of an interest rate cut, hitting stocks sensitive to sterling strength and housebuilders. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index closed down 0.2 percent at 6,654.47 points, having …
- High yielders HSBC Holdings plc (8.2%), Legal & General Group plc (7.2%) and Persimmon plc (8.25%) are too juicy to ignore Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 13:32 BST
HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA), Legal & General Group plc (LON: HSBA) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) pay income of up to 16 times base rate, says Harvey Jones.
- Sterling soars, shares fall as Bank of England keeps rates unchanged Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 12:24 BST
Sterling surged to two-week highs against the dollar and euro on Thursday while British share prices turned negative, after the Bank of England kept interest rates unchanged, wrong-footing the many investors who had expected a cut. The Bank said it was likely to deliver stimulus in three weeks' time, possibly as a "package …
- 3 stocks dividing investors: Tesco plc, Persimmon plc & Aviva plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 11:57 BST
Should Tesco plc (LON:TSCO), Persimmon plc (LON:PSN) and Aviva plc (LON:AV) form part of your income portfolio?
- Britain's FTSE 100 climbs to 11-month high with BoE set to cut rates Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 14, 2016 09:12 BST
Britain's top shares index rose on Thursday to an 11-month high, boosted by expectations of an interest rate cut from the Bank of England that lifted housebuilding and property stocks. The blue-chip FTSE ...
- FTSE eases from 11-month high as oil and housebuilders retreat Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 17:14 BST
Britain's top share index edged lower on Wednesday after climbing to an 11-month high in the previous session, with housebuilders giving up some of their recent gains and energy shares dragged lower by weaker oil prices. The FTSE real estate index edged 0.6 percent lower after rising for four straight sessions. Barratt …
- Reuters Business News Schedule at 1500 GMT/11 AM ET Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 16:13 BST
Editor: Steve Orlofsky +1 646 223 62100 Global Picture Desk: +65 6870 3775 Global Graphics Desk: + 65 6870 3595 Receive this schedule by email: http://mediaexpress.reuters.com TOP STORIES S&P 500, Dow ...
- Reuters Business News Schedule at 1230 GMT/08.30 AM ET Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 14:49 BST
- Burberry expects earnings boost from weak pound post Brexit Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 12:16 BST
British luxury goods brand Burberry, which announced a management shake-up this week as it seeks to overturn falling profits, said on Wednesday it expects a post-Brexit drop in the pound to boost its earnings this year. The group known for its camel, red and black check design incurs about 40 percent of its costs in Britain, …
- These 3 stocks could be today’s biggest blue-chip bargains Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 10:58 BST
Roland Head explains why Computacenter plc (LON:CCC), Barratt Developments plc (LON:BDEV) and Royal Mail plc (LON:RMG) could be profitable contrarian buys.
- Do trading updates make Burberry Group plc and ASOS plc the perfect shares to soothe investors’ post-referendum nerves? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 13, 2016 10:06 BST
Could fashion giants Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) and ASOS plc (LON:ASC) plc make ideal Brexit investments?