- London close: Stocks rally as Yellen hints at delaying rate hike Sharecast - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 17:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE closed in positive territory on Wednesday as banking stocks recovered and Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen signalled a delay to the next increase in interest rates.
- FTSE 100 movers: Housebuilders lead market higher Sharecast - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 15:45 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was set to turn things around on Wednesday, with the blue chip market up 48.39 points (0.86%) to 5,680.58 by mid-afternoon.
- Are JD Sports Fashion PLC (+107%), Boohoo.Com PLC (+71%) And Bellway plc (+33%) Too Good To Miss? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 15:03 GMT
Can growth at JD Sports Fashion PLC (LON: JD), BooHoo.com PLC (LON: BOO) and Bellway plc (LON: BWY) keep on going?
- Should You Buy Glencore PLC, Wandisco PLC & Bellway plc On Wednesday? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 13:31 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over London giants Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Wandisco PLC (LON: WAND) and Bellway plc (LON: BWY).
- Hermes warns of potential for further dip in sales growth Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 12:10 GMT
French luxury goods maker Hermes has yet to see its business in Paris recover from November's deadly attacks on the city and warned of a potential further slowdown in global sales this year. "Tourist flows have not yet returned to normal," Hermes Chief Executive Axel Dumas told Reuters, referring to the Paris attacks. …
- Why Are Shares in Renold plc And Hornby Plc Collapsing Today? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 10:35 GMT
Can Renold plc (LON:RNO) and Hornby Plc (LON:HRN) bounce back from today's crushing falls, or are further problems likely?
- Are Dividends Built To Last At Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, J Sainsbury plc And British American Tobacco plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 10:20 GMT
How safe are Royal bank of Scotland Group plc's (LON: RBS), J Sainsbury plc's (LON: SBRY) and British American Tobacco plc's (LON: BATS) dividends?
- Hermes says 2015 sales growth slows, may dip again in 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 08:27 GMT
Hermes posted an 8.1 percent rise in full-year sales at constant exchange rates on Wednesday, one of the highest growth levels in the luxury goods industry but marking a clear slowdown from 2014. Hermes, known for its colourful silk scarves, and Kelly and Birkin leather handbags, said sales reached 4.84 billion euros ($5.46 …
- Burberry sues J.C. Penney for selling knockoff jackets, scarves Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 20:38 GMT
Burberry Group Plc (Other OTC: BBRYF - news) , the British luxury fashion brand, sued J. C. Penney Co on Tuesday, accusing the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . In a complaint filed in U.S. district court in Manhattan, Burberry accused J.C. Penney of illegally selling "quilted jackets" with the pattern, as well as "scarf …
- Burberry sues J.C. Penney for trademark infringement Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 19:49 GMT
Burberry Group Plc, the British luxury fashion brand, sued J C Penney Co Inc on Tuesday, accusing the U.S. retailer of selling "scarf coats" and jackets featuring exact copies of its trademarked ...
- 3 Great Growth Picks For 2016: Redrow plc, Zoopla Property Group PLC, Paysafe Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 14:09 GMT
Can Redrow plc (LON: RDW), Zoopla Property Group PLC (LON: ZPLA) and Paysafe Group Plc (LON: PAYS) keep on growing in 2016?
- Has This Bear Market Made Lloyds Banking Group Plc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, And British American Tobacco Plc Bargain Buys? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 09:40 GMT
Has market turbulence unearthed bargains at GlaxoSmithKline Plc (LON: GSK), Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LON: LLOY) and British American Tobacco Plc (LON: BATS)?
- Are Tesco Plc, EnQuest Plc And Burberry Group Plc Shares Set To Skyrocket? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 08:20 GMT
Can Tesco Plc (LON: TSCO), EnQuest Plc (LON: ENQ) and Burberry Group Plc (LON: BRBY) return to growth in 2016?
- Market Report: Homebuilders battered by global gloom Telegraph - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 19:46 GMT
Financial services and technology companies sunk as doubts about the health of the world economy took their toll
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy Speedy Hire Plc, British American Tobacco plc And Circle Holdings PLC? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 11:51 GMT
Are these 3 stocks set to post stunning capital gains? Speedy Hire Plc (LON: SDY), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and Circle Holdings PLC (LON: CIRC).
- Diageo plc, BAE Systems plc & Imperial Tobacco Group PLC: Dividend Delights For Difficult Times Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 08:20 GMT
Royston Wild explains why dividend seekers should check out Diageo plc (LON: DGE), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA) and Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT).
- Questor share tip: Victoria carpets remarkable turnaround Telegraph - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 14:34 GMT
UK carpet maker Victoria has seen its shares rocket in a little over 18 months, but that doesn't come without its risks, says Questor
- Burberry, Tom Ford align runway shows with retail availability Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 20:35 GMT
LONDON/PARIS, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Design houses Burberry and Tom Ford on Friday announced new strategies that will allow them to close the gap between the runway and retail in order to get clothing and accessories more quickly to customers in different climates around the world. British heritage brand Burberry said it would …
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 15:12 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Enterprise Inns: Barclays downgrades to underweight with a target of 80p.
- Burberry shifts away from seasonal fashion collections Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 12:35 GMT
British luxury fashion brand Burberry is moving away from presenting traditional seasonal collections to meet growing demand from customers in different climates around the globe. Burberry also plans to have just two catwalk shows instead of four each year and make its runway collections available in stores immediately, …
- Why Diageo plc, Burberry Group plc And Unilever plc Are Set To Rise By 25%+ Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 11:14 GMT
These 3 stocks have superb capital gain prospects: Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY) and Unilever plc (LON: ULVR).
- Burberry to retail runway collections immediately Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 09:43 GMT
British luxury fashion brand Burberry said on Friday it would merge its four annual catwalk shows into two and make its runway collections available to shoppers immediately. Burberry has been announcing small changes to its business, including combining its Prorsum, London and Brit (LSE: 133772.L - news) lines under the …
- A 47pc gain for the late Jim Slater's inheritance portfolio Telegraph - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 09:37 GMT
Investors following Jim's tips to escape death tax are on course for sizeable gains
- 'We put £500,000 into Aim shares to avoid inheritance tax' Telegraph - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 09:26 GMT
Bernard Dokelman and his wife have assets of £4m - and a plan to dramatically reduce the amount of inheritance tax owed
- London midday: Stocks rise as BoE votes unanimously to keep rates unchanged Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 00:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose on Thursday as the Bank of England unanimously agreed to keep interest rates unchanged.
- Babcock non-exec picks up some shares Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 15:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Engineering support services company Babcock International said non-executive director Jeff Randall purchased 1,134 shares at 8.81p each.
- Walker Greenbank looking at positive year, despite flooding Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 11:21 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Walker Greenbank was looking at positive growth in at the end of its financial year, updating the market on Wednesday ahead of its preliminary results.
- London open: Stocks drop following declines in Asia, US Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 09:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks dropped on Wednesday following declines in Asian and US markets.
- Should You Buy Unilever Plc & Imperial Tobacco Group Plc Before They Go Ex-Div? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 07:42 GMT
Topping up your defensive stocks? Here are two suggestions, Unilever Plc (LON: ULVR) and Imperial Tobacco Group Plc (LON: IMT).
- Financial stocks drag FTSE 100 sharply lower Telegraph - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 07:34 GMT
Market Report: Standard Chartered slumps to 18-year low
- Why Vodafone Group plc & Persimmon plc Should Rise Again In February! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 10:00 GMT
Royston Wild explains why Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) should continue their recent spurt higher.
- European shares fall after slump in Nokia and Alcatel Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 17:37 GMT
European shares fell on Monday, pulled lower by telecom equipment stocks amid investor disappointment over the terms of a deal between Nokia and Samsung to settle a legal dispute. The pan-European FTSEurofirst ...
- London close: Stocks fall after mixed economic data Sharecast - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 16:55 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell on Monday as traders waded through mixed economic data, including weak China manufacturing reports.
- Are Diageo plc, British American Tobacco plc & GlaxoSmithKline plc Safe Ports In Today’s Storms? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 12:38 GMT
Diageo plc (LON: DGE), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK), promise security in a troubled world, says Harvey Jones.
- 3 Hot Picks For February: Centrica PLC, Ocado Group PLC And Bovis Homes Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 08:40 GMT
Will results from Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO) and Bovis Homes Group plc (LON: BVS) turn up bargains?