- Ashtead dragged lower by bearish rival Telegraph - 12 hours ago
Ashtead's larger US rival, United Rentals, talked down May activity at an industry conference in Boston
- 3 Of The FTSE 100’s Best Dividend Stocks: Vodafone Group plc, Persimmon plc And SSE PLC Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
These 3 stocks could boost your income: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and SSE PLC (LON: SSE)
- Ten shares for dividend growth Telegraph - 23 hours ago
A respected fund manager explains how he identifies firms that should be able to pay more to shareholders each year
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy National Grid plc, BAE Systems plc, Berkeley Group Holdings PLC And Amlin plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 08:59 BST
Could these 4 stocks make a positive impact on your portfolio? National Grid plc (LON: NG), BAE Systems plc (LON: BA), Berkeley Group Holdings PLC (LON: BKG) and Amlin plc (LON: AML)
- Market overview: Greek official says agreement in the pipeline Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 20:08 BST
1630:Close Stocks snapped higher on the back of remarks from a Greek official indicating the country was working on a "staff-level" agreement to relieve its financial crisis. CRH led gainers ...
- European stocks close higher before G7, with eyes on Greece AFP - Wed, May 27, 2015 17:40 BST
- Thursday preview: Second estimate of Q1 UK GDP expected to be revised higher Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 17:40 BST
A second estimate of UK gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter expected to be revised slightly higher on Thursday.
- UK FTSE rises on acquisition activity and hopes for Greek deal Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 16:51 BST
Britain's top share index bounced back on Wednesday from a two-week low the day before as acquisitions boosted Imperial Tobacco, cement maker CRH and International Consolidated Airlines Group. The blue-chip index extended gains in late trade on the prospect of an accord between Greece and its creditors after a Greek government …
- 3 Growth Giants For Your Consideration: BT Group plc, Persimmon plc And Apple Inc. Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 16:29 BST
Royston Wild looks at the delicious earnings prospects over at Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSON).
- European stocks rise before G7, with eyes on Greece AFP - Wed, May 27, 2015 15:15 BST
- UK FTSE rises as acquisition plans boost CRH, Imperial Tobacco Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 15:00 BST
Britain's top share index bounced back on Wednesday from a two-week low the day before as acquisitions boosted Imperial Tobacco, cement maker CRH and International Consolidated Airlines Group. Imperial Tobacco rose 3.3 percent to the top of the FTSE 100 as traders welcomed acquisition plans that would increase its market …
- FTSE 100 movers: CRH surges on Holcim offer, Weir Group hit by downgrade Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 14:56 BST
UK stocks rebounded from the previous session's sell-off as gains made by tobacco, construction, electronics and utilities stocks outweighed weakness in mining and industrial metals.
- Why I Would Buy Imperial Tobacco Group PLC, Rolls-Royce Holding PLC And International Consolidated Airlins Grp SA Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 27, 2015 13:55 BST
Royston Wild highlights the investment case for Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT), Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR) and International Consolidated Airlins Grp SA (LON: IAG).
- Imperial Tobacco breathes easy after US regulator approves cigarette deal Telegraph - Wed, May 27, 2015 13:03 BST
London-listed tobacco firm cleared to sweep up assets from its US rivals' $27bn deal
- Imperial Tobacco wheezes sigh of relief as US regulator finally approves Lorillard-Reynolds merger Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 10:11 BST
A longtime weight was lifted from the shoulders of Imperial Tobacco after the merger of US tobacco giants Lorillard and Reynolds American was given the green light by US anti-trust regulators after months ...
- Britain's FTSE led higher by Imperial Tobacco and airline IAG Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 09:46 BST
Britain's top share index bounced back on Wednesday from a two-week low in the previous session as gains at Imperial Tobacco and International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG) lifted the market. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index, which hit a record high of 7,122.74 points last month, advanced 0.4 percent to 6,973.20 points. …
- London pre-open: Stocks to rebound slightly after sell-off Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 08:56 BST
UK stocks are expected to edge higher on Wednesday morning after a heavy sell-off the previous session, ahead of a quieter day in terms of economic data.
- BUZZ-Imperial Tobacco: nears record as Reynolds/Lorillard deal gets FTC clearance Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 08:35 BST
** Imperial Tobacco within easy grasp of a record after Reynolds/Lorillard deal wins US antitrust approval, within which IMT is acquiring cigarette brands ** IMT, up 2 pct, 1 pct shy of an all-time high ...
- London housing shortage helps boost Telford Homes profits Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 07:21 BST
British housebuilder Telford Homes, which builds primarily in London, said on Wednesday its full-year profit had jumped 31 percent, boosted by strong demand in areas of the capital with a "chronic shortage" of housing. Telford posted a pre-tax profit of 25.1 million pounds ($38.70 million) for the year to the end of March, …
- London midday: Imperial and CRH lead the rebound before Queen's Speech Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 01:21 BST
Investors managed to take advantage of a quiet morning to push UK stocks higher on Wednesday following a sell-off the previous day.
- Reynolds American wins U.S. antitrust approval to buy rival Lorillard Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 00:11 BST
Reynolds American Inc (NYSE: RAI - news) on Tuesday won U.S. antitrust approval to buy smaller rival Lorillard (NYSE: LO - news) in a deal that would combine the No. 2 and No. 3 U.S. cigarette companies. The Federal Trade Commission said it would allow the acquisition to go forward on condition that the companies sell …
- London close: FTSE plunges 1.2% as winning streak ends on Greek fears Sharecast - Tue, May 26, 2015 18:12 BST
Heavy losses in the mining, banking and sectors weighed heavily on UK stock markets on Tuesday, as uncertainty in Greece and mixed economic data from the States hammered risk appetite among investors.
- 5 FTSE 250 Stocks With Fast Dividend Growth: Unite Group plc, Bovis Homes Group plc, Bellway plc, Crest Nicholson Holding plc & Man Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 26, 2015 16:05 BST
FTSE 250 dividend growth companies: Unite Group plc (LON:UTG), Bovis Homes Group plc (LON:BVS), Bellway plc (LON:BWY), Crest Nicholson Holding plc (LON:CRST) and MAN GROUP PLC ORD USD0.03428571 (LON:EMG)....
- FTSE 100 movers: Banks and miners weaker, property stocks extend gains Sharecast - Tue, May 26, 2015 15:50 BST
UK stocks were were buffeted on Tuesday by Greek uncertainty, stateside interest rate speculation and weakness among miners and financials.
- 3 Of My Favourite Dividend Stocks: AstraZeneca plc, BHP Billiton plc And Imperial Tobacco Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 26, 2015 13:56 BST
Buying these 3 stocks for their income prospects could be a good move: AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) and Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT)
- Broker tips: Royal Mail, South32, Vedanta, Soco, Housebuilders Sharecast - Tue, May 26, 2015 12:27 BST
After a mixed bag of results from Royal Mail last week, Cantor Fizgerald has upgraded the shares to 'hold' from its previous 'sell' recommendation.
- BUZZ-Taylor Wimpey, Barratt: hit near 8-yr highs as DB hikes targets Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 26, 2015 12:07 BST
** Taylor Wimpey & Barratt Developments both hit near 8-yr highs in decent volume as Deutsche Bank hikes target prices for pair ** Both stocks beneficiaries of MSCI rebalance on May 29; one trader cites ...
- Are Small-Cap Housebuilders Telford Homes plc And MJ Gleeson PLC Better Value Than FTSE Giants Taylor Wimpey plc, Barratt Developments Plc And Persimmon plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 26, 2015 07:05 BST
Telford Homes plc (LON:TEF) and MJ GLEESON PLC ORD 2P (LON:GLE) versus Taylor Wimpey plc (LON:TW), Barratt Developments Plc (LON:BDEV) and Persimmon plc (LON:PSN).
- London midday: Banks and oil stocks drag Footsie lower after long weekend Sharecast - Tue, May 26, 2015 01:20 BST
Greek uncertainty, interest rate speculation stateside and tonnes of US economic data ahead led to a nervous start in London following the long weekend.
- Week ahead in business and economics: May 26 to 29 Telegraph - Mon, May 25, 2015 23:16 BST
Jimmy Choo to face investors for the first time since its stock market float
- Britain lagging behind France and Germany on innovation Telegraph - Mon, May 25, 2015 13:38 BST
The UK filed just 6,619 patents in 2014, compared to 56,492 in Germany and 11,595 in France
- Ex-divs to take 1.96 points off FTSE 100 on May 28 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 25, 2015 09:36 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- London close: Stocks hit two-week high as blue chips rise Sharecast - Fri, May 22, 2015 18:16 BST
UK stocks reached a two-week high on Friday on the back of decent performances from heavyweights Vodafone and HSBC, along with gains in defensive categories such as pharmaceuticals.
- Is Now The Time To Buy FTSE Laggards Diageo plc, British American Tobacco plc And Associated British Foods plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 22, 2015 16:37 BST
This could be a good time to buy quality businesses Diageo plc (LON:DGE), British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) and Associated British Foods plc (LON:ABF).
- BoE official says securitisation not a panacea for EU Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 22, 2015 16:35 BST
European Union efforts to revive the market for securitisation after it was tarnished in the financial crisis won't do much to help smaller companies access funding for growth, a senior Bank of England (BoE (Shenzhen: 000725.SZ - news) ) official said on Friday. The BoE and the European Central Bank have spearheaded EU …