- Jim Slater: This is how I plan to profit from Crossrail Telegraph - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
One stock is superbly positioned to benefit from the London market, says our renowned stock-picker
- UK has fewer female bosses than Kazakhstan and Moldova Telegraph - 13 hours ago
UK ranked 41st in the world for the number of female bosses, behind France and Russia
- Market overview: FTSE 100 finishes down 0.6% Sharecast - 16 hours ago
1630: Close London's resource-heavy FTSE 100 finished the session down 40.31 points (-0.58%) at 6,855.02 as it continued its retreat from the record closing high of 7,037.67 reached on Monday. A sell-off ...
- London close: UK stocks fall for fourth day as mining shares tank Sharecast - 16 hours ago
UK stocks extended their losing streak into the fourth day on Friday as a sell-off in iron ore and a stronger dollar hit share prices in the mining sector.
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Aviva: Jefferies reiterates buy and ups target to 630p from 608p.
- Week ahead: Non-farm payrolls and UK retail results to steal the show Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Next week is set to be a busy one for financial markets in London with investors having to digest a flurry of global economic data and corporate results from a number of prominent UK retailers.
- FTSE 100 movers: Carnival lifted by strong results, airline stocks rebound Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Carnival topped the risers as strong first-quarter results prompted a lift in full year earnings guidance. It boasted that advance bookings for the remainder of 2015 were steaming ahead of the prior year ...
- London pre-open: Flat start for FTSE expected after sell-off Sharecast - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 07:55 GMT
London's blue chips were set for a subdued start on Friday as investors pause for breath following a sell-off the previous session.
- Barratt chief executive to step down after nine years Telegraph - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 07:39 GMT
Housebuilder has promoted finance director to replace Mark Clare
- Barratt Developments CEO steps down, to be replaced by CFO Sharecast - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 07:27 GMT
Barratt Developments chief executive Mark Clare has stepped down after nine years in the role, to be replaced by finance director David Thomas, who has been with the company for six years.
- Housebuilder Barratt names FD David Thomas as new CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 07:15 GMT
British housebuilder Barratt Developments named David Thomas as its next chief executive, promoting the group finance director to the top job after Mark Clare said he would step down after nine years in ...
- Thursday tips round-up: Bellway, CardFactory Sharecast - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 19:23 GMT
There is no sign that housing is cooling off, homebuilder Bellway told investors. Since January its reservations were up by 10%, despite the uncertainty surrounding the upcoming elections. In the latest ...
- 5 Super Mid-Caps For Your ISA: Tullow Oil plc, Petrofac Limited, Redrow plc, Ted Baker plc And Galliford Try plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 15:49 GMT
These 5 mid-caps are set to deliver stellar returns: Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW), Petrofac Limited (LON: PFC), Redrow plc (LON: RDW), Ted Baker plc (LON: TED) and Galliford Try plc (LON: GFRD)
- London close: FTSE 100 pulled below 7000 by declines on US markets Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 17:21 GMT
London's FTSE 100 accelerated in the red by the end of Wednesday's session with declines in US markets offering direction to the downside.
- Thursday preview: UK retail sales data, Easyjet reports trading statement Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 16:02 GMT
UK retail sales figures on Thursday will be closely watched for signs of how much consumer spending is contributing towards economic growth.
- 4 Sector Leaders To Boost Your ISA Returns: AstraZeneca plc, Standard Chartered PLC, Bellway plc & Sports Direct International Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 11:47 GMT
These 4 stocks could make a real difference to your ISA returns: AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Standard Chartered PLC (LON: STAN), Bellway plc (LON: BWY) and Sports Direct International Plc (LON: SPD).
- London open: FTSE 100 plays catch up with peers after previous weak finish Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:15 GMT
UK's FTSE 100 index is playing catch up with its European counterparts who outperformed it in the previous session.
- 24 bedrock Isa funds for income and growth Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:00 GMT
Picking the right investments can be daunting for both new and experienced investors. We highlight some of the most well regarded funds
- BUZZ-Bellway: strong H1 propels shares to all-time high Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 08:48 GMT
** Like fellow housebuilders, Bellway enjoys robust start to yr, with H1 pretax profit up 53 pct at 158.9 mln pounds, sending shares up 4.1 pct to a record ** To increase payout to investors at the half-yr ...
- Bellway hikes interim dividend 56% after record earnings Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 08:23 GMT
Profits at UK housebuilder Bellway jumped by more than a half to a record in the first six months of its financial year, prompting the company to hike its interim dividend by 56.3%.
- London pre-open: Subdued start expected for UK stocks Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 07:52 GMT
UK stocks are expected to experience a quiet start on Wednesday morning, with investors continuing to trade cautiously with markets near record highs.
- Bellway ups dividend after first-half profit rise Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 07:18 GMT
British housebuilder Bellway said it would reward shareholders after it posted a 53 percent rise in pretax profit for the six months to end-January, as it increased volumes of new homes to meet demand in a robust property market. Bellway (LSE: BWY.L - news) group said in February it had completed 3,754 new homes in the …
- GuruScreen Movers - March 24h: The Footsie keeps going! Stockopedia - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 18:07 GMT
- London close: FTSE 100 pares session gains to end lower on low inflation woes Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 17:35 GMT
London's FTSE 100 index underperformed its European peers on Tuesday as investors cut exposure on the back of inflation data from the UK and US.
- FTSE 100 movers: ABF hit by euro weakness, Centrica lower on election risk Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 16:12 GMT
Primark owner Associated British Foods tripped lower after Swiss bank Credit Suisse lowered its earnings forecasts for the company citing euro weakness. "AB Foods doesn't usually feature in our regular ...
- BUZZ-UK housebuilders: land prices make buyside bullish Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 15:27 GMT
** Odds stacked in UK housebuilders' favour, largely down to favourable land prices -- even amid inconclusive UK General Election, prospect of rate rise & sector hitting a record ** If anything, PMs have ...
- BAT lowers Souza Cruz buyout offer for second time on payout Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 13:19 GMT
British America Tobacco Plc on Tuesday slightly reduced an offer for the 24.7 percent stake it does not already own in Souza Cruz SA , Brazil's largest cigarette maker, to account for an interest on equity payout approved this week. In a securities filing, Souza Cruz said BAT now is offering 26.13 reais in cash for each …
- Why High-Flying ARM Holdings plc, Whitbread plc & Burberry Group plc May All Be A Buy Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 08:47 GMT
ARM Holdings plc (LON:ARM), Whitbread plc (LON:WTB) and Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) can all justify their high price tags.
- Sector Movers: Oilfield services and mining stock lead the UK market Sharecast - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 17:01 GMT
Oilfield services and mining sectors emerged tops on Monday as the FTSE 100 lurked either side of the 7,000 mark, while tobacco stocks also staged a recovery run.
- 5 Stunning Growth Stocks To Boost Your ISA: Standard Life Plc, Glencore PLC, Anglo American plc, Persimmon plc And Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 15:06 GMT
These 5 stocks could be all set for stellar returns: Standard Life Plc (LON: SL), Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Anglo American plc (LON: AAL), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN)...
- 4,000 Reasons To Buy Travis Perkins plc, Persimmon plc, Barratt Developments Plc, Bovis Homes Group plc And Taylor Wimpey plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 13:31 GMT
Royston Wild explains why Travis Perkins plc (LON: TPK), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN), Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV), Bovis Homes Group plc (LON: BVS) and Taylor Wimpey plc (LON: TW) could all be considered ...
- US bond market buckles after surge Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 13:29 GMT
Only three weeks ago Actavis (NYSE: ACT - news) attracted more than US$90bn of orders for a US$21bn deal priced with just 2bp of new issue concession, but Germany's Merck (LSE: 0O14.L - news) last week struggled to get 1.5 times order book coverage for a US$4bn acquisition financing, even though it left as much as 17bp …
- 3 Top ISA Income Buys: easyJet plc, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC & Compass Group Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 12:20 GMT
Do you want more tax-free dividend income? easyJet plc (LON:EZJ), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON:IMT) and Compass Group plc (LON:CPG) could all be smart buys before April 5.
- 3 Super Income Stocks For Your ISA: Banco Santander SA, British American Tobacco plc & RSA Insurance Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:36 GMT
These 3 stocks could make a real difference to your income: Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA).
- BUZZ-European luxury goods: HK sales downturn spurs broker downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:17 GMT
** Luxury goods stocks fall back from record highs as JPMorgan cuts sector to "neutral" vs "overweight" ** JPM flags luxury sector was huge beneficiary of DXY rally - dollar stumbled ...