- Debenhams annual profit inches up in tough retail environment Reuters - UK Focus - 40 minutes ago
Debenhams, Britain's second-largest department store group, said annual profit inched up 0.5 percent as it struggled to grow in a tough retail environment in 2016. The company, whose new chief executive ...
- Car dealership Inchcape says benefits from fall in the pound Reuters - UK Focus - 40 minutes ago
Car dealership chain Inchcape said its performance was boosted by the fall in the value of the pound since Britons voted to leave the European Union. The company, which operates in Britain, parts of Europe, ...
- Britain's FTSE hits 3-week low; commodities weigh Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Britain's top share index hit a three-week low on Wednesday, with hotel operator Whitbread falling on a raft of negative broker comments and Antofagasta dragging down miners after a disappointing earnings ...
- BoE's Woods says no let up in bank regulation due to Brexit Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 26 (Reuters) - Banks in Britain won't face a new wave of rules, nor will there be a respite from implementing the revolution already agreed, the country's top banking regulator said on Wednesday. Britain's vote to leave the European Union, source of most banking regulation in the …
- Is 2017 going to be the year of the dividend? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
As Brexit draws nearer, safe dividends look ever more attractive.
- Was I dead wrong about Tesco plc? Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
With shares up 40% year-to-date it's time to take a second look at Tesco plc (LON: TSCO).
- Lloyds and Anto hit Britain's FTSE after reuslts Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 26 (Reuters) - Britain's top share index fell on Wednesday, hit by weakness in banks and mining stocks after Lloyds and Antofagasta respectively fell after disappointing earnings updates. Lloyds dropped 3.1 percent after reporting results.
- Questor: Buy Morrisons in the hope of a dividend treat Telegraph - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 17:17 BST
Questor: Buy Morrisons in the hope of a dividend treat
- Syrian child refugees making British clothes in Turkey -BBC investigation Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 16:16 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 24 (Reuters) - Syrian refugee children have been working in factories in Turkey making clothes for British high street retailer Marks & Spencer (Other OTC: MAKSF - news) and online store ASOS , an investigation by BBC Panorama has found. The investigation, broadcast on Monday …
- UK fraud head expects corporate plea deals, considers Libor charges Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 15:53 BST
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 25 (Reuters) - The UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO) expects to agree some "significant" corporate plea deals over the coming months and is also considering filing more charges in the Libor benchmark rate rigging investigation, its head said on Tuesday. The SFO's probe into alleged …
- Can the surges at Tesco plc and Glencore plc keep on going? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 15:42 BST
Tesco plc (LON: TSCO) and Glencore plc (LON: GLEN) are among the unlikely winners after the Brexit vote.
- Fashion brands ignore "endemic" abuse of Syrian refugees in Turkey - watchdog Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 13:20 BST
By Timothy Large LONDON, Oct 25 - Big fashion brands are failing to protect Syrian refugees from "endemic" abuse in Turkish clothing factories supplying European retailers, a monitoring group ...
- Should you buy these two retailers after their Brexit updates? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 12:24 BST
Are these two stocks bargains or bargepoles?
- Do these overlooked income stocks offer unbeatable value? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 12:00 BST
These two companies have a track record of double-digit earnings growth. Are they worth buying?
- Two pharmaceuticals tiddlers that could beat the best stocks Fool.co.uk - Tue, Oct 25, 2016 10:00 BST
Could these gems from the pharmaceuticals sector bring you big profits?
- French Connection chief says nothing behind report of possible bid interest Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 17:51 BST
Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 24 (Reuters) - French Connection Group Plc founder Stephen Marks has dismissed a newspaper report of possible bid interest in the fashion retailer, saying there was nothing behind the article which sent its shares up more than 20 percent. The Telegraph reported on Saturday that potential …
- European shares steady, buoyed by bank rally; Spain outperforms Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 17:51 BST
European shares ended flat on Monday with continued gains in banks offset by weakness among pharma stocks, while Spain outperformed on signs of an end to a political deadlock. The pan-European STOXX 600 ...
- Are these FTSE 100 stocks value stars or value traps? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 14:27 BST
Royston Wild considers whether these two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stars are REALLY hot picks for bargain hunters.
- Ex-divs to take 3.62 points off FTSE 100 on Oct. 27 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 11:02 BST
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Retailer French Connection shares jump on M&A report Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 10:27 BST
Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 24 (Reuters) - Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in fashion retailer French Connection Group Plc rose more than 20 percent on Monday after a media report said overseas investors were looking to buy the British firm that has posted four year of losses. The Telegraph reported on Sunday that interested …
- Microsoft to raise enterprise prices in UK after pound plunges Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 10:00 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 24 (Reuters) - Microsoft (Euronext: MSF.NX - news) plans to increase prices for some enterprise services by up to 22 percent in Britain following the plunge in the pound, likely hitting thousands of companies and government departments who rely on its cloud and software products. …
- European shares rise, boosted by U.S. merger moves Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 09:47 BST
Merger activity in the United States helped to support European stocks on Monday, but two high profile Chinese deals to buy European firms hit difficulties to send shares in Syngenta and Aixtron tumbling. ...
- Is Neil Woodford bullish or bearish on fallen angels Next plc and Capita plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 07:15 BST
Here's Neil Woodford's latest view on Next plc (LON:NXT) and Capita plc (LON:CPI).
- Britain's banks to reveal solid Q3 results, warn of Brexit storm ahead Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 07:00 BST
- Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing falling pound Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 00:23 BST
Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 23 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp said it will be increasing pricing for its enterprise software and cloud services in the UK in the wake of the sterling's plunge since Britons voted to leave the EU. The price increase, from Jan. 1 2017, will be 13 percent for its enterprise software and 22 …
- REUTERS SUMMIT-Egypt chases own energy sources as government struggle to meet demand Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Oct 23, 2016 15:40 BST
Egypt will boost production of natural gas to 5 billion cubic feet per day in the 2017-2018 fiscal year as the giant Zohr field comes online, but will still also ramp up gas imports to feed a spike in ...
- Rates have been cut, but here's how to make £348 from current accounts Telegraph - Sat, Oct 22, 2016 07:14 BST
Rates have been cut, but here's how to make £348 from current accounts
- Russia's Magnit sees fewer net openings in 2016 than forecast Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 13:48 BST
Russia's biggest food retailer Magnit is likely to end 2016 with fewer net openings than planned after ramping up closures of inefficient stores, Chief Executive Officer Serge Galitskiy said on Friday....
- Two small cap stocks with unmissable dividend yields? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 12:59 BST
Roland Head takes a closer look at two small-cap stocks with unusually high yields.
- Questor Income Portfolio: I'm putting £40k into these riskier vehicles yielding 8pc Telegraph - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 09:07 BST
Questor Income Portfolio: I'm putting £40k into these riskier vehicles yielding 8pc
- Questor: two holdings yielding 8pc for my income portfolio Telegraph - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 09:07 BST
Questor: two holdings yielding 8pc for my income portfolio
- New Look seeks fashion edge in China with local designs Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 07:00 BST
BERLIN/HONG KONG, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 21 (Reuters) - As Europe's fashion giants brace for what could be the toughest leg of their expansion in China, a South African retail tycoon has launched a bold assault on the world's most populous nation. Christo Wiese is promising to open 500 of his New Look stores …
- Nestle cuts sales target as food sales disappoint Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 12:41 BST
The Swiss maker of Kitkat bars and Nescafe coffee cut its sales target for the year, saying European markets would continue to be deflationary, while certain developing markets stay weak. It forecast no near-term blanket price increases in Western Europe, charting a different course to rival Unilever (NYSE: UL - news) …
- Former Tesco executives to face fraud trial in Sept 2017 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 11:36 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 20 (Reuters) - Three former senior executives of Tesco (Frankfurt: 852647 - news) accused of fraud and false accounting at Britain's biggest retailer were told on Thursday that they will face trial next September. Christopher Bush, 50, who was managing director of Tesco UK, Carl …
- Are the 10 most shorted shares on the FTSE 350 in your portfolio? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 11:20 BST
Is one of your favourite stocks amongst the City's most hated?