- Polish supermarkets want turnover tax to hit foreign competition AFP - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
- Best Tesco Black Friday 2015 deals on TVs, game consoles and toys Telegraph - 3 hours ago
Predicted to be the biggest ever Black Friday, here are this year's best offerings from Tesco
- Black Friday: What time do the shops open? Telegraph - 3 hours ago
When do Argos, Asda, Currys PC World, Tesco and more open for Black Friday sales?
- Should Income Investors Buy Severn Trent Plc, Anglo Pacific Group plc Or WH Smith Plc? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Are dividends safe at Severn Trent Plc (LON:SVT), Anglo Pacific Group plc (LON:APF) and WH Smith Plc (LON:SMWH)?
- Black Friday deals: worth the fuss or marketing gimmick? Telegraph - 9 hours ago
- Is There Hidden Value In Tesco PLC, Nanoco Group PLC & Enterprise Inns plc? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Could investors make big profits by buying Tesco PLC (LON:TSCO), Nanoco Group PLC (LON:NANO) and Enterprise Inns plc (LON:ETI)?
- Tesco Pays $12m Over Profit Hole Legal Claim Sky News - 11 hours ago
Tesco (Xetra: 852647 - news) has agreed to pay $12m (£7.9m) to settle a class action lawsuit by US investors over its overstatement of profit expectations last year. Tesco announced in September last year - shortly after the arrival of new boss Dave Lewis - that it has overstated first-half profit expectations by £250m …
- Europe open: Stocks edge higher in quiet trade as basic resources advance Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks edged higher at the start of what is likely to be a fairly quiet day's trade, with Wall Street closed for the Thanksgiving holiday, as basic resources lent support.
- London open: Mining stocks lead FTSE higher amid lack of data Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks opened on the front foot on Thursday, led by mining stocks, amid no notable economic data releases as traders in the US took a break for Thanksgiving.
- Tesco pays $12m to settle US lawsuit Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Tesco has paid $12m to settle one of two class action lawsuits brought by disgruntled US investors who sued over the overstatement of the grocer's 2014 first-half profits.
- Star fund manager: 'This stock has grown 200pc in a year - and has further to go' Telegraph - 12 hours ago
JP Morgan UK Dynamic has returned 50pc over the past three years. Manager Blake Crawford explains why he is backing retailers and housebuilders
- Top fund manager: 'Next is a great investment unlike Tesco' Telegraph - 12 hours ago
Fund focus: JP Morgan UK Dynamic has returned 50pc over the past three years. Manager Blake Crawford explains why he is backing retailers and housebuilders
- Tesco to pay up $12m to settle accounting scandal US lawsuit Telegraph - 12 hours ago
The grocer has agreed a settlement with US stakeholders, but will admit no liability
- London pre-open: Stocks called higher in quiet trading as US celebrates Thanksgiving Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks are called to open in the black on Thursday in what is likely to be a fairly quiet day's trade given the Thanksgiving holiday in the US and the absence of any market-moving ...
- Europe midday: Stocks push higher in quiet trade as autos race ahead Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European stocks rose, with autos and basic resources lending support on what is likely to remain a fairly quiet session as US markets will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- London midday: Metals prices lift stocks as Thanksgiving holiday thins volumes Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Mining companies gave the UK equity market a boost on Thursday as metal prices increased.
- Tesco in $12 mln U.S. settlement over accounting scandal Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
Tesco Plc has agreed to pay $12 million to settle a U.S. shareholder lawsuit claiming that accounting irregularities inflated the share price of Britain's largest retailer. The all-cash settlement was ...
- Tesco in $12 mln U.S. settlement over accounting irregularities Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
Tesco Plc has agreed to pay $12 million to settle a U.S. shareholder lawsuit over accounting irregularities at Britain's largest retailer. The all-cash settlement was disclosed in filings on Wednesday ...
- Made in Chelsea's Jamie Laing to crowdfund £300,000 for Candy Kittens Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 19:41 GMT
The sweets company, which recently secured a nationwide listing with Tesco, is launching a campaign on Seedrs
- Autumn Statement 2015: George Osborne hits businesses with 'sting in the tail' payroll tax Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 18:47 GMT
The new apprenticeship levy will hit employers already struggling to cover the costs of the new living wage
- European shares lifted by weaker euro, higher dividends Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 17:46 GMT
European shares rose on Wednesday, helped by a lower euro and announcements from Metro and LafargeHolcim that they will pay more cash to investors through dividends. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 ended ...
- Thursday preview: Thanksgiving means quiet day for traders Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 16:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Thanksgiving in the US will mean a quiet day of trading on Thursday, with little in the way of economic data and a few company earnings releases.
- Findel first half loss narrows but revenue slips Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 15:36 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Home shopping and education company Findel posted a narrower loss for the first half of the year, although revenue nudged lower as the Express Gifts division performed below expectations....
- Topshop Owner's Profits Up Despite Sales Drop Sky News - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 15:26 GMT
Topshop to Dorothy Perkins owner Arcadia has posted a rise in annual profits despite falling sales as Sir Philip Green's retail empire faces "challenging times". Sir Philip said it was a "robust performance in challenging times" for the group, which also includes the Topman, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Evans and Burton brands. …
- Autumn Statement 2015: Business rates overhaul delayed until Budget next year Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:16 GMT
Chancellor delays business rates reform until 2016 while small business rates relief is extended for another year
- Philip Green's Arcadia sees pre-Christmas sales fall Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:03 GMT
British retail tycoon Philip Green's Arcadia fashion business has made a slow start to trading in the Christmas quarter, where sales have been held back by an unseasonably mild autumn. Arcadia, which owns the Topshop, Topman, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Evans and Burton brands, said on Wednesday that sales …
- Could Tesco PLC Bid For J Sainsbury plc Or WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 13:37 GMT
Could Tesco PLC's (LON: TSCO) quest for growth push it to acquire J Sainsbury plc (LON: SBRY) or WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON: MRW)?
- Arcadia profits rise as Sir Philip mulls return to takeovers Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 11:49 GMT
Sir Philip Green says the group is in a robust position to look at potential acquisition opportunities after posting a rise in profits at his retail conglomerate
- Financial markets rocked by international security concerns Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 18:57 GMT
Market Report: Travel stocks were the biggest casualties after Turkey shot down a Russian warplane
- Tesco distribution centre workers to ballot for strike action Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 18:05 GMT
Britain's biggest supermarket Tesco (Xetra: 852647 - news) could face disruption to its distribution network in the run-up to Christmas after a union representing workers at two of its hubs said it would ballot members on strike action over pay. The Unite trade union said over 700 drivers and warehouse staff at distribution …
- Tesco drivers threaten strike action after pay freeze Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 17:42 GMT
Drivers and warehouse staff in Doncaster and Belfast are voting on potential strike action
- London close: Geopolitical tensions weigh on market Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 16:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks were under pressure on Tuesday as heightened geopolitical tensions weighed on the market.
- Kingfisher's lower sales and margin shrinkage disappoint Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 16:26 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Kingfisher reported increased like-for-like sales in the third quarter of 2.6%, though total sales of £2.7bn were down 2.5% due to currency effects as a strong UK performance was undermined ...
- FTSE 250 movers: AO World's losses drive market down Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 16:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 fell 166.68 points (0.97%) on Tuesday to 16,940.23 by mid-afternoon.
- Should You Buy Hill & Smith Holdings PLC, Kingfisher plc And Cineworld Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 13:18 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over headline makers Hill & Smith Holdings PLC (LON: HILS), Kingfisher plc (LON: KGF) and Cineworld Group plc (LON: CINE).