- Thursday tips round-up: ABF, ARM Holdings Sharecast - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Associated British Foods (ABF), one of the few remaining conglomerates on the FTSE 100, yesterday released a strong first half trading update, including a six per cent increase in pre-tax profits. That ...
- Premier Foods feels the pinch of UK's tough grocery market Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
Premier Foods (LSE: PFD.L - news) , the British maker of Mr Kipling cakes and Bisto gravy, said a tough grocery market and the later timing of Easter had hit sales in its first quarter. The firm said, as it expected, total sales in the three months to March 31 fell 6.2 percent to 186.3 million pounds ($314 million) with …
- Questor share tip: ABF shares jump 9pc Telegraph - 3 hours ago
Associated British Foods is a good example of the benefits of a diversified conglomerate, says Questor
- Austerity won’t be going away Telegraph - 12 hours ago
With borrowing last year still running at 6.6pc of UK output, George Osborne still faces a tough task to fix the public finances
- London close: FTSE ends slightly lower ahead of US earnings Sharecast - 14 hours ago
FTSE closes down 7.02 points at 6,674.74; Focus turns to Apple and Facebook earnings; UK public sector net borrowing falls
- Sports Direct CEO 'extremely disappointed' with cancelled bonus vote Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Dave Forsey, the Chief Executive of high street sporting goods retailer Sports Direct, hit back at shareholders on Wednesday for failing to support a controversial bonus payout to founder Mike Ashley earlier ...
- Britons' sweet tooth to drive prosecco sales Telegraph - 19 hours ago
UK drinkers find Italian sparkling wine easier to drink than champagne, meaning its sales will continue to soar, according to wine retailer
- MARKET PULSE-AT&T, Cree, Gilead, Supervalu, VMware, Xoom Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
U.S. stocks dipped at the open on Wednesday despite upbeat corporate earnings as buyers appeared scarce following the longest streak of daily gains on the S&P 500 so far this year. The Dow Jones industrial ...
- MARKET PULSE-Boeing, Delta, Ericsson, Manpower, Medley, Sunpower Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures pointed to a slightly lower open on Wednesday as the latest corporate earnings failed to inspire investors to keep pushing equities higher following six straight days of gains ...
- MARKET PULSE-ARM, Boeing, Delta, Dow, Elizabeth Arden, EMC Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures were flat on Wednesday as investors found few reasons to keep buying following six straight days of gains on both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq. Dow Jones industrial average futures were ...
- London open: Stocks edge higher, AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion Sharecast - 22 hours ago
AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion plans; Stocks rise, but upside limited; BoE minutes, economic data ahead; Chinese manufacturing PMI contracts again.
- What Dividend Hunters Need To Know About Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Royston Wild looks at whether Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON: MRW) is an attractive income stock.
- Mike Ashley hits back at City over bonus rejection Telegraph - 22 hours ago
Sports Direct says it was "extremely disappointed" by rejection of £70m bonus for Mike Ashley
- Primark targets U.S. with first store openings Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
* AB Foods' Primark to open first US store in Boston in 2015 LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - Primark, the fast-growing clothing chain owned by Associated British Foods (LSE: ABF.L - news) , is to enter the United States, it said on Wednesday, becoming the latest British retailer to attempt to crack the American market after …
- Wolseley appoints Darren Shapland as a non-executive director Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Manufacturing and building materials group Wolseley has announced the appointment of Darren Shapland as a Non-Executive Director with effect from May 1st.
- Could Tesco PLC Be The Ideal Value Investment? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:23 BST
Tesco PLC's (LON: TSCO) share price performance is poor, but you might be able to take advantage of the market's pessimism.
- Primark to open in the United States Telegraph - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:21 BST
Discount clothing retailer to expand in north-east of US after 'extensive research'
- Sports Direct Slams £73m Boss' Bonus Rejection Sky News - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:20 BST
High street retailer Sports Direct (Frankfurt: A0MK5S - news) has slammed shareholders who failed to support a £73m bonus share scheme proposed for founder Mike Ashley. In early April, the company halted the proposed £73m bonus for Mr Ashley, its majority shareholder, after failing to gain sufficient investor support. …
- Sports Direct International Plc Posts 10% Sales Growth Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 09:44 BST
Sports Direct International Plc (LON:SPD) is likely to meet or exceed full-year earnings target.
- Business news and markets: as it happened, Wednesday April 23, 2014 Telegraph - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 09:31 BST
Greece made a bailout-adjusted surplus of €1.5bn, equivalent to 0.8pc of GDP, according to the European Commission
- Sports Direct on track to hit annual profit guidance Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 09:06 BST
EBITDA target for full year maintained; Group sales up 10.3 per cent in nine weeks to March 30th; Board disappointed with cancelled Ashley bonus.
- Wednesday preview: Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing data due out Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 08:50 BST
Barring unexpected events, the upcoming trading session may well turn out to be the most interesting this week, as investors focus on a raft of important economic data which are set for release, alongside ...
- Sports Direct posts fourth-quarter sales rise Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 07:45 BST
British retailer Sports Direct (Frankfurt: A0MK5S - news) hit out at shareholders on Wednesday for failing to back a lucrative bonus share scheme proposed for its founder Mike Ashley, as it posted a rise in fourth-quarter sales. Earlier this month, Britain's biggest sporting goods chain was forced to pull its latest proposal …
- London midday: Stocks inch lower on mixed data and earnings Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:20 BST
AB Foods jumps, ARM and Sports Direct fall; UK borrowing falls more than expected; Chinese manufacturing still in contraction; Eurozone business activity improves.
- US midday: Gambling and Airlines lead advance Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:05 BST
US stocks were holding comfortably in the blue in midday trading on the back of upbeat corporate earnings and an increase in M&A activity.
- Double Your Income In Just Six Years! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:55 BST
What matters is dividend growth, not just dividend yield.
- Tesco cuts prices for 30 items and slashes online costs Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:50 BST
Tesco has cut prices on 30 food items and slashed charges for its online grocery service in an effort to counter the rise of the discounters Aldi and Lidl.
- Trial of former JJB chairman Sir David Jones abandoned Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:33 BST
Case related to charges of making misleading statement over £3m in loans from Dave Whelan and Mike Ashley
- Tesco responds to supermarket battle with 30 price cuts Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 14:10 BST
- Tesco launches new round of price cuts in battle with discounters Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 12:03 BST
Britain's biggest retailer Tesco (Xetra: TCO.DE - news) has launched another round of price cuts on basic food products and reduced online shopping charges as it attempts to stem a loss of market share to discounters Aldi and Lidl. Last week Chief Executive Philip Clarke vowed to win back shoppers with millions of pounds …
- Business news and markets: as it happened - April 22, 2014 Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 09:31 BST
AstraZeneca shares surge 8pc as City gets first time to react to takeover speculation
- It’s Time For Change At The Top Of Tesco PLC Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 09:29 BST
Tesco PLC (LON:TSCO) needs a Stephen Hester to inspire confidence.
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 01:56 BST
ARM Holdings: Goldman Sachs cuts target price from 1500p to 1450p and keeps a buy recommendation.
- There's nothing cracked about exporting Easter Eggs to expats Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 19:25 BST
British groceries exporter enjoys a bumper Easter selling chocolate eggs to the Philippines
- Week ahead in business and economics: April 22 - 25 Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:26 BST
Public borrowing figures this week are expected to show that George Osborne, the Chancellor, narrowly missed his target for this year.