- Tesco's Dunnhumby ends exclusive JV in U.S. ahead of possible sale Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Dunnhumby, the customer data business which has been put up for sale by British retailer Tesco (Xetra: 852647 - news) , said it was free to work with new clients in the United States, in a move which could make it more attractive to potential buyers. Dunnhumby and its U.S. partner, The Kroger Co (NYSE: KR - news) , said …
- Which FTSE 100 companies are the most 'digitally immature'? Telegraph - 8 hours ago
The UK's biggest companies are failing in the digital world, according to the most comprehensive review into corporate communications in Europe. Here is the full ranking.
- Is Ocado Group PLC A Better Buy Than WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC And J Sainsbury plc? Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
Should you buy Ocado PLC (LON: OCDO) and sell WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON: MRW) and J Sainsbury plc (LON: SBRY)?
- TopShop Store Card Group Banks On £1bn Sale Sky News - 14 hours ago
The finance group which provides credit cards to TopShop customers has hired bankers to prepare a sale or flotation that could value it at more than £1bn. The appointments signal an intention for Varde Partners, a hedge fund which acquired the company in 2011, to pursue an outright sale or stock market listing in the coming …
- London open: Tullow Oil and HSBC lead early gains Sharecast - 14 hours ago
Stocks began the morning weaker on the back of inconclusive talks over the weekend between Greece and its international creditors.
- Market overview: ITV leads fallers as Ofcom reveals new phone-in charges Sharecast - 23 hours ago
1010: The FTSE 100 is down almost 30 point at 7,041.12 led by falls at ITV, Tesco, and RSA Insurance. ITV is down just as Ofcom have announced changes to the cost of entering phone-ins, competitions and ...
- London midday: Bounce in UK industrial data lifts stocks Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 01:22 BST
London equities returned to positive territory by midday as UK manufacturing data provided encouragement and earlier concerns about stalled Greek debt negotiations were assuaged by more positive rumours....
- "Word of mouth has been brilliant. People love Poundland" Telegraph - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 00:49 BST
- Sunday share tips: WPP, Asos, WANDisco Sharecast - Sun, Apr 26, 2015 11:10 BST
Shares in Asos should be sold, the Inside the City column said in the Sunday Times. After a rollercoaster ride up to a £70 all-time high before shooting down to half that point after three profit warnings, ...
- BHS revival hit by credit squeeze on suppliers Telegraph - Sat, Apr 25, 2015 18:54 BST
Retail Acquistions, the new owners of department store chain, hit by tightening credit terms
- Carnaby Street undergoes massive revamp to be 'sociable space’ once again Telegraph - Sat, Apr 25, 2015 17:12 BST
A retail and food revival is being planned for the trendy hotspot of the 1960s
- Three of Britain's best investors on how to profit from the election Telegraph - Sat, Apr 25, 2015 10:31 BST
Buy, hold or sell FTSE shares ahead of election? Professional investors explain their different approaches
- The austerity years taught us how to make do with less Telegraph - Sat, Apr 25, 2015 08:05 BST
The rampant consumer frenzies of the early noughties seem downright distasteful now, says Judith Woods
- Worldpay Owners Pick Goldman For £6bn Float Sky News - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 21:07 BST
The owners of Worldpay, the UK-based payment processing group, are close to appointing bankers to prepare a stock market flotation that could value it at a staggering £6bn. Sky News has learnt that Advent International and Bain Capital, the two buyout firms which have controlled Worldpay since 2010, are on the verge of …
- Week ahead: Political debates and central banks in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 19:07 BST
With little doubt what will be of most interest for investors next week, given that the next general elections are now looming, will be the three-way election debate between Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ...
- Broker tips: Pearson, French Connection, Reckitt Benckiser Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 18:48 BST
Publishing and education group Pearson has been downgraded by broker Numis on valuation grounds, despite a first-quarter statement that was in line with forecasts.
- Tesco names new brand director after record loss Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 17:48 BST
Britain's biggest supermarket chain Tesco named Michelle McEttrick as its group brand director, bringing in the former chief marketing officer of the global retail bank at Barclays to help its turnaround. ...
- Premium Research: Should I Buy Niche Leader Games Workshop PLC Or International Behemoth Tesco PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 16:10 BST
Does Games Workshop PLC's (LON: GAW) niche-market leadership give it the edge over Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO)?
- Is French Connection Group A Better Buy Than ASOS plc, Boohoo.Com PLC & Marks and Spencer Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 13:11 BST
Should you buy beleaguered retailer French Connection Group (LON: FCCN) ahead of ASOS plc (LON: ASC), Boohoo.Com PLC (LON: BOO) and Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON: MKS)?
- Is Now The Time To Sell J Sainsbury plc And WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 12:50 BST
The days of dominance for J Sainsbury plc (LON: SBRY) and WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON: MRW) are surely over.
- Motor racing-F1 technology moves into the supermarket fridge Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 12:36 BST
Formula One's cutting-edge aerodynamic technology is moving into the supermarket chill cabinet. Williams Advanced Engineering, part of the Formula One team, said on Friday they had partnered with start-up Aerofoil Energy to develop a device that will save money and energy by keeping more cold air inside open-fronted refrigerators. …
- French Connection under review at Numis after profit warning Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:28 BST
Numis put its recommendation on French Connection under review after the clothing retailer reported a tough first half trading and warned on flagged full year 2016 profits.
- French Connection Shares Dive On Sales Warning Sky News - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:20 BST
The value of French Connection (LSE: FCCN.L - news) slumped 22% when share trading began on Friday after the company issued a warning on its sales. But French Connection was not immune from the warm autumn which hit the fashion chains' winter ranges last year. French Connection shares had lost 30% of their value ahead …
- BUZZ-Hermes: brand power Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:18 BST
** Combination of powerful brand, pricing power & global reach drawing buyside to French luxury goods co Hermes ** Aberdeen AM's Bertie Thomson looking at Hermes & Scilla Huang Sun, manager of JB Luxury ...
- Why Shares In Clinigen Group PLC Jumped More Than 10% Today Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:08 BST
Clinigen Group PLC (LON: CLIN) jumps on acquisition of Idis Group Holdings Limited.
- London open: Analysts sanguine on Greece, oil forecasts revised higher Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:01 BST
Stocks have begun the morning moving modestly higher on residual optimism over the Greek debt negotiations and on the coat-tails of overnight gains on Wall Street, which saw the Nasdaq Composite close ...
- Why I Think Tesco Plc Is Currently Worth 150p At The Most Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 10:11 BST
Why this fool wouldn't pay any more than 150p per share for Tesco Plc (LON: TSCO).
- Clinigen moves into unlicensed drugs supply with Idis deal Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 08:54 BST
British pharmaceutical company Clinigen Group (LSE: CLIN.L - news) said it would become a leader in the supply of unlicensed medicines to doctors and hospitals with the acquisition of Idis for 225 million pounds ($340 million). Idis, owned by private equity group CBPE Capital, provides access to unlicensed drugs in oncology, …
- French Connection warns on full-year results Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 08:43 BST
British fashion retailer French Connection Group Plc said it expected full-year results to be below market estimates as the previous year's challenging trading conditions continued through Easter. Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in the company, known for its FCUK brand, fell 22.5 percent to their lowest since February …
- BUZZ-French Connection: worst day in 3 yrs on profit warning Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 08:23 BST
** French Connection slides c.20 pct, on course for its biggest one-day drop since May 2012 & at a more than 1-yr low in strong volume ** Forecasts H1 retail sales materially lower than expected & FY results ...
- French Connection sees full-year results below market estimates Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 07:21 BST
British fashion retailer French Connection Group Plc said it expects its full-year results to be below market estimates as the previous year's challenging trading conditions continued through Easter. The ...
- THAILAND PRESS-Tesco affirms commitment to expansion in Thailand - Bangkok Post Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 03:02 BST
Tesco Lotus, the Thai operation of Tesco Pcl, remains committed to Thailand and will continue to invest in expanding its retail and online channels, the Bangkok Post quoted Chief Executive John Christie ...
- Strangely, Tesco is the only one not obsessed with its profit margin Telegraph - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 21:28 BST
The profit margin is what investing in a food retailer is all about. What marks out the best retailers is how much cash they get to keep at the end of the day
- London close: Mining stocks stage late rally on Chinese stimulus hopes Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 18:18 BST
UK stocks finished higher after a choppy session on Thursday, with investors having to digest a raft of corporate earnings, mixed economic data and developments in Greece.
- The fund that never meets with company CEOs Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 17:16 BST
At a time when regulators are cracking down on the way fund managers pay for company visits to help work out investment strategies, investor Jeremy Lang has a simple answer: don't bother meeting management at all. "I don't trust banks ... We got a couple of questions in and then we ran," he said.