- Microsoft beats Wall Street on new CEO debut Reuters - 5 hours ago
Microsoft Corp's new chief executive got off to a winning start with Wall Street on Thursday as the world's largest software company eased past analysts' profit estimates despite the pressure of falling computer sales. Microsoft shares are up about 8 percent since company veteran Satya Nadella took over as CEO in early …
- Exclusive: Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit Reuters - 6 hours ago
Four major tech companies including Apple and Google have agreed to pay a total of $324 million to settle a lawsuit accusing them of conspiring to hold down salaries in Silicon Valley, sources familiar with the deal said, just weeks before a high profile trial had been scheduled to begin. Tech workers filed a class action …
- Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy Reuters - 8 hours ago
Four major tech companies including Apple and Google have agreed to settle a lawsuit accusing them of conspiring to hold down salaries in Silicon Valley, just weeks before a high profile trial had been scheduled to begin. The settlement was disclosed in a court filing on Thursday, which did not spell out terms. The case …
- "Evil Knievel" calls on regulator to examine Quindell Telegraph - 9 hours ago
Simon Cawkwell, known in the City as “Evil Knievel”, has asked the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to look into Quindell
- Friday preview: Retail sales data and Pearson IMS ahead Sharecast - 10 hours ago
Barring any unexpected events global capital markets will have little to chew on come Friday.
- Premier Foods chairman ups stake after poor quarterly performance Sharecast - 12 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- London close: FTSE ends above 6,700 after strong US tech performance Sharecast - 12 hours ago
FTSE ends above 6,700; Easter retail sales rise; Ukraine kills militants, EU ponders Crimea sanctions
- FTSE 250 movers: Centamin rises on law change hopes Sharecast - 13 hours ago
Centamin rose strongly on the back of hopes a change in the law could resolve the Egyptian mining row.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - 19 hours ago
AMEC: UBS ups target price from 1145p to 1200p maintaining a neutral rating.
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Neil Woodford, Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc And How Investors Are Being Mislead Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
You can't trust lists of major shareholders in company annual reports, as the case of Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON:MRW) demonstrates.
- A Further 46% Growth From ARM Holdings plc! Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Forecasts are very strong at ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM).
- Britain's FTSE hits six-week high, miners lead Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
Britain's top share index hit a six-week high on Thursday, with miners leading the market higher tracking firmer metals prices, while Anglo American also reported strong output numbers. The UK mining index, ...
- Thursday tips round-up: ABF, ARM Holdings Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Associated British Foods (ABF), one of the few remaining conglomerates on the FTSE 100, yesterday released a strong first half trading update, including a six per cent increase in pre-tax profits. That ...
- Computacenter says more work needed to improve French business Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Restructuring charge expected due to changes in France; Group revenue up eight per cent; Trading mixed between regions.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Dialog Semiconductor up on strong iPhone sales Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
Shares in Dialog Semiconductor rise 7.5 percent to a two-year high at the top of Germany's technology index in early trade after Apple reports better-than-expected iPhone sales for the first quarter, traders ...
- IT services provider Computacenter's Q1 revenue rises 8 pct Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
Computacenter Plc, a provider of IT infrastructure services, reported an 8 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, helped by growth in the UK and France. The company, which also supplies IT equipment and ...
- Qualcomm's quarterly revenue growth dwindles, shares fall Reuters - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 22:52 BST
Qualcomm Inc (NSQ:QCOM - News) on Wednesday posted its smallest quarterly revenue increase since 2010 as it wrestles with a smartphone market that is losing steam and shifting to China, sending its shares lower. With expansion in the smartphone industry moving away from wealthy markets such as the United States and toward …
- London close: FTSE ends slightly lower ahead of US earnings Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 20:30 BST
FTSE closes down 7.02 points at 6,674.74; Focus turns to Apple and Facebook earnings; UK public sector net borrowing falls
- Thursday preview: Investors waiting on AstraZeneca and Barclays Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 19:55 BST
Thursday will be another big day in capital markets in London. In particular, traders will be braced for the latest first quarter earnings figures out from drugs giant AstraZeneca.
- MARKET PULSE-Hugoton, Zhone, Unisys, Sodastream, Boeing, Delta Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 19:40 BST
U.S. stocks declined on Wednesday after a six-session winning streak as gains in Boeing and Gilead were offset by slides in AT&T and the wider biotech sector. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 25.43 ...
- IBM unveils new server model to tackle big data, analytics Reuters - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 18:01 BST
International Business Machines Corp, in its latest attempt at reviving demand for its hardware products, is launching high-end system servers that it says are 50 times faster than its closest competitor at analyzing data. The POWER8 servers, the product of a $2.4 billion, three-year investment, are part of the company's …
- Tech leads European shares lower as Ericsson, ARM disappoint Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 17:44 BST
European shares snapped a three-day winning streak on Wednesday, with tech stocks hit by disappointing results from Ericsson and chip designer ARM Holdings, raising doubts about the sector's earnings. ...
- MARKET PULSE-Navigator, Xoom, Cree, Unisys, EMC, Gilead Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 17:26 BST
U.S. stocks edged lower on Wednesday as weakness in AT&T and biotech names inspired investors to take profits following six straight days of gains, though a rally in Boeing limited losses. The Dow Jones ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Drax sinks after power station setback Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 17:07 BST
Shares in renewable energy provider Drax lost more than 13 per cent of their value on Wednesday, hit by the group's announcement that one of its power station units was no longer deemed eligible by the ...
- BUZZ-European tech stocks: please reboot Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 15:54 BST
Heightened expectations are colliding with lackluster results at Europe's blue chip technology companies although modestly better prospects for some may help in the longer term. ** Over past week ASML, ...
- MARKET PULSE-AT&T, Cree, Gilead, Supervalu, VMware, Xoom Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 15:27 BST
U.S. stocks dipped at the open on Wednesday despite upbeat corporate earnings as buyers appeared scarce following the longest streak of daily gains on the S&P 500 so far this year. The Dow Jones industrial ...
- MARKET PULSE-Boeing, Delta, Ericsson, Manpower, Medley, Sunpower Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 14:16 BST
U.S. stock index futures pointed to a slightly lower open on Wednesday as the latest corporate earnings failed to inspire investors to keep pushing equities higher following six straight days of gains ...
- Vodafone's interest in Yoigo depends on EU telecom deals stance Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 14:12 BST
Vodafone could be interested in buying Spain's fourth-largest mobile operator Yoigo once it is clear how tough the European regulator will be on tie-ups in the sector, the British firm's chief executive said. Yoigo, owned by Sweden's Teliasonera (Dusseldorf: TLS.DU - news) , has been a potential bid target for some time, …
- Broker tips: AB Foods, ARM, Wolseley... Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 14:00 BST
Panmure Gordon has upgraded its rating for Associated British Foods from 'hold' to 'buy' after the company announced its intention to expand its fast-growing Primark brand into the US towards the end of ...
- MARKET PULSE-ARM, Boeing, Delta, Dow, Elizabeth Arden, EMC Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:37 BST
U.S. stock index futures were flat on Wednesday as investors found few reasons to keep buying following six straight days of gains on both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq. Dow Jones industrial average futures were ...
- Is There Still Time To Buy ARM Holdings plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:05 BST
Can ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM) move higher, or are the company's shares overvalued?
- London open: Stocks edge higher, AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:43 BST
AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion plans; Stocks rise, but upside limited; BoE minutes, economic data ahead; Chinese manufacturing PMI contracts again.
- ARM needs stronger growth to justify valuation, says finnCap Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:22 BST
finnCap has reiterated its 'hold' rating and 1,000p target price for chip designer ARM Holdings after the company's first-quarter results showed strong licensing revenues and weak royalties.
- Chip designer ARM sees smartphone recovery in second half Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:59 BST
ARM Holdings (LSE: ARM.L - news) , whose chip technology powers Apple (NasdaqGS: AAPL - news) 's iPhone, said demand for smartphones would pick up in the second half after a disappointing end to 2013 resulted in first-quarter profit rising less than in previous years. Sales of top-end smartphones, a market dominated by …