- Vimpelcom, Hutchison close to striking Italian mobile deal - sources Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
LONDON/MILAN, Aug 4 (Reuters) - Russia's Vimpelcom and Hong Kong's Hutchison Whampoa are close to a deal to merge their Italian mobile phone businesses, sources close to the deal said. A deal would help end a long and costly price war among local mobile operators in Europe's fourth-largest telecoms market. "Negotiations …
- Slovenia cancels Telekom sale after sole remaining bidder pulls out Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
Slovenia has cancelled the sale of Telekom Slovenija after the only bidder, British private equity fund Cinven, withdrew its offer, the body which coordinates privatisations in Slovenia said on Tuesday. The future of Telekom, the largest of the 15 firms earmarked for privatisation, has hung in the balance as falling profits …
- FTSE 250 movers: Vedanta rallies but Lonmin slumps in tandem with platinum prices Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 was trading little changed at 1420 BST, up just 0.1% at 17,686.96.
- Why Has Optimal Payments Plc Soared While Monitise Plc Sinks? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Is Optimal Payments Plc (LON: OPAY) set to prosper and will Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) sink?
- Zamano rockets after confirming takeover approach Sharecast - Mon, Aug 3, 2015 14:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Zamano rocketed after the company confirmed it has received a preliminary takeover approach at an offer price of €0.20 per Zamano share.
- London open: FTSE opens lower on weak US and Chinese data Sharecast - Mon, Aug 3, 2015 10:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 opened lower on Monday on the back of disappointing US and Chinese data.
- Has The Time Come To Buy Bombed-Out Monitise Plc And Tungsten Corp PLC? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Aug 3, 2015 08:14 BST
Is there now value in Monitise plc (LON:MONI) and Tungsten Corp PLC (LON:TUNG)?
- FTSE 250 movers: JD Sports surges on beefed up profit forecast, Moneysupermarket drops as Lewis sells shares Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 16:31 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was up 0.6% at 17,618.23 at 14:51 BST, with online retailer JD Sports Fashion pacing the advance.
- London open: Shares open slightly higher ahead of US data Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 10:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 opened indecisively as investors sifted through earnings and looked ahead to US data releases.
- London midday: FTSE in the red on mixed earnings, data Sharecast - Fri, Jul 31, 2015 01:20 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 slipped into the red on the back of a flat session in Asian markets, mixed earnings releases and economic data.
- Friday preview: Lloyds reports first quarterly results since full TSB split Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 18:36 BST
(ShareCast News) - Lloyds Banking Group on Friday reports its first quarterly results since it cut ties with TSB completely.
- FTSE 100 movers: Shell rallies on better-than-expected earnings, but Centrica drops after announcing job cuts Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 17:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's top-flight index was up 0.6% at 6,670 by 15:41 BST, as investors waded through a raft of earnings reports.
- Does Vodafone Group plc Have More Potential Than Intu Properties PLC And Spectris plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 16:29 BST
Should you buy Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) before these 2 stocks: Intu Properties PLC (LON: INTU) and Spectris plc (LON: SXS)?
- Should Investors Sell Monitise Plc As It Slides To A New 6-Year Low? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 09:04 BST
Is it time to sell Monitise Plc (LON: MONI)?
- Vodafone Qatar Q1 net loss widens Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 07:06 BST
Vodafone Qatar, an affiliate of Vodafone Group (NasdaqGS: VOD - news) , blamed stiff competition as it reported a widening first-quarter loss on Thursday that missed analyst estimates. Vodafone, which has yet to make a quarterly net profit since it ended state-controlled Ooredoo's domestic monopoly in 2009, made a net …
- London midday: Heavyweight corporate earnings lift FTSE 100 Sharecast - Thu, Jul 30, 2015 01:17 BST
(ShareCast News) - London share prices remained mostly in positive territory by midday on Thursday, as strong corporate results from heavyweights in various sectors, notably Shell, RBS and Astrazeneca, ...
- London close: Defensives lead gains ahead of Fed meeting Sharecast - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 18:30 BST
(ShareCast News) - Equity markets bounced back ahead of the policy announcement due out from the US Federal Reserve later on Wednesday, as investors waited for more clarity from the central bank before ...
- FTSE 100 movers: GSK and Hikma lead blue chips higher Sharecast - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 17:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 index built an early lead on Wednesday and stayed in positive territory thanks to forecast-busting results from several heavyweights in the pharma, tobacco and banking sectors....
- Slovenia Telekom's first half EBITDA falls by 6 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 16:57 BST
Slovenia's largest telecoms operator Telekom Slovenia, which is slated for privatisation, said on Wednesday its earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) fell in the first half of 2015. Group EBITDA reached 104.4 million euros versus 111.2 million euros in the same period of 2014, Telekom …
- Why You Should — And Shouldn’t — Invest In Vodafone Group plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 29, 2015 13:50 BST
Royston Wild examines the merits and pitfalls of splashing the cash with Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD).
- Vodafone Spain to cut up to 1,300 jobs following Ono purchase Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jul 28, 2015 10:43 BST
The Spanish business of London-listed telecoms group Vodafone said on Tuesday it will cut up to 1,300 jobs as it trims its workforce following last year's acquisition of the county's largest cable operator Ono. Vodafone agreed to buy Ono for 7.2 billion euros ($10 billion) in March 2014, one of a number of recent takeover …
- Tuesday preview: UK GDP growth expected to accelerate in the second quarter Sharecast - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 18:07 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK economic growth accelerated in the second quarter compared to the previous three months, according to forecasts.
- Zegona buys Spain's Telecable for $706 mln in first deal Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jul 27, 2015 11:36 BST
An investment vehicle set up by two former Virgin Media executives bought Spanish cable operator Telecable for $706 million including debt on Monday, putting it at the centre of Spain's telecom sector its first deal. The operator from northwest Spain was bought by Zegona , formed by Eamonn O'Hare and Robert Samuelson, …
- London close: Weaker-than-forecast data drags stocks lower Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 18:27 BST
(ShareCast News) - Far weaker than expected data on the US housing markets proved to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back on Friday, setting of another round of selling in stocks and commodities ...
- Sector movers: Natural resources stocks trigger another London market decline Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 15:32 BST
(ShareCast News) - Natural resources, especially mining and metals, along with telecommunications stocks triggered yet another London market decline on Thursday.
- Recovery takes hold at Britain's Vodafone Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 14:21 BST
Vodafone said an acceleration in quarterly sales growth should continue through the year, showing its recovery is moving on to a stronger footing and boosting its shares on Friday. The world's second-largest mobile operator by customers, which reported a return to quarterly sales growth for the first time in nearly three …
- Are Pearson plc & Vodafone Group plc A Compelling Buy Right Now? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 10:33 BST
Pearson plc (LON:PSON) and Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) are under the spotlight.
- BUZZ-Vodafone: up 2 pct after results, still stuck in narrow range Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 08:20 BST
** Vodafone shares up 2 pct higher following quarterly results that showed improvements across major markets Germany and Britain ** Stock 2nd best performer on the FTSE 100 and gains coming on relatively ...
- Quarterly sales growth accelerates at Vodafone Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 07:15 BST
Vodafone reported an acceleration in its main quarterly sales growth on Friday as a cable TV acquisition in its biggest market Germany lifted sales and consolidated the overall return to growth for the ...
- London midday: Investors face a conundrum after weak manufacturing reports Sharecast - Fri, Jul 24, 2015 01:32 BST
(ShareCast News) - Weaker than expected readings on Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing failed to ruffle most investors' feathers, although some analysts were cautious.
- Spain's Euskaltel agrees offer for R Cable Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 22:21 BST
Euskaltel said on Thursday it had agreed an offer for fellow cable company R Cable, giving it an enterprise value of 1.2 billion euros in the latest wave of consolidation in the Spanish telecommunications ...
- Friday preview: Pearson expected to report flat first half earnings after selling FT Sharecast - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 18:45 BST
(ShareCast News) - Pearson on Friday reports its first quarter interims after confirming it has sold the Financial Times Group to Nikkei for £844m.
- BUZZ-TalkTalk: extends losses following broker caution Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 14:24 BST
** Broadband company's shares second-largest FTSE midcap losers, falling as much as 5.7 pct and extending losses for second day ** Macquarie cut rating to "neutral", raise PT to 365p; say there ...
- London open: Stocks edge higher after Greece approves reforms Sharecast - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 10:25 BST
(ShareCast News) - With inflation set to remain below its target for longer than expected and as the Greek crisis rolls on Barclays now thinks the European Central Bank will be forced to extend its programme ...
- Can Vodafone Group plc, Kier Group plc And Young & Co.’s Brewery plc Help You Retire Early? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 23, 2015 08:46 BST
Should you buy these 3 stocks for the long haul? Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Kier Group plc (LON: KIE) and Young & Co.'s Brewery plc (LON: YNGA)