- Vodafone, Wind sign letter of intent for Italy fibre-optic network Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
Britain's Vodafone and Vimpelcom (NasdaqGS: VIP - news) 's Italian mobile phone unit Wind have signed a letter of intent with shareholders of broadband firm Metroweb to build a fibre-optic network in Italy, the companies said in a joint statement. The agreement comes as Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is pushing to …
- Week ahead: Traders look to US jobs report for guidance on rates Sharecast - 4 hours ago
The latest US non-farm payrolls figures and updates on manufacturing sector conditions worldwide will dominate the coming week's calendar.
- Monitise Plc: The 1 Stock You Should Have Bought 1 Month Ago Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) is up 30% over the last month but, true to form, it stayed volatile to the last, says Harvey Jones
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Altera, Cellectis, Heron Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Dow Jones industrial average futures were down 0.10 percent at 18,116, S&P 500 futures were down 0.16 percent at 2,118.25 and Nasdaq 100 futures were down 0.23 percent at 4,532.5. ** HERON THERAPEUTICS ...
- Vodafone investors open to Liberty deal Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Some of the biggest investors in Vodafone say they are open to a European tie-up with Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) , as the British company is now in a stronger position to negotiate a deal with John Malone's cable group. Shares (Berlin: DI6.BE - news) in the world's second largest mobile operator hit a 14-year …
- Vodafone sells its stake in Bharti Infotel for $200 million Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 18:56 BST
Vodafone Group PLC said on Thursday it sold its stake in Indian telecom infrastructure firm Bharti Infotel to its holding company Bharti Enterprises for $200 million. The stake represents about a 4.2 percent ...
- German mobile bids clear lowest estimate in just two days Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 28, 2015 18:09 BST
Bids have reached 1.84 billion euros ($2.01 billion) in Germany's auction of radio frequencies for mobile phone network operators, clearing the most pessimistic estimate just two days into what will be weeks of bidding, data showed. Germany started the auction on Wednesday, setting a floor at 1.5 billion euros. After …
- As Cash Payments Begin To Die Out, It’s Time To Buy Paypoint plc, Optimal Payments Plc And Monitise Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 15:04 BST
Paypoint plc (LON: PAY), Optimal Payments Plc (LON: OPAY) and Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) are three great plays on the demise of cash.
- 3 Of The FTSE 100’s Best Dividend Stocks: Vodafone Group plc, Persimmon plc And SSE PLC Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 28, 2015 13:08 BST
These 3 stocks could boost your income: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) and SSE PLC (LON: SSE)
- Italy's Wind about to sign non-disclosure agreement over Metroweb -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 27, 2015 15:29 BST
Italian mobile phone operator Wind is about to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Metroweb shareholders which could be a prelude to buying a stake in the fibre optic network provider or simply end up as a commercial deal, two sources close to the matter told Reuters on Wednesday. The possible cooperation between Wind, …
- London midday: Imperial and CRH lead the rebound before Queen's Speech Sharecast - Wed, May 27, 2015 01:21 BST
Investors managed to take advantage of a quiet morning to push UK stocks higher on Wednesday following a sell-off the previous day.
- Vodafone Group plc Pushes Higher On Bid Chatter But Will Liberty Global Really Make An Offer? Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 26, 2015 15:56 BST
Will Liberty Global make an offer for Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD)?
- MEDIA-Vodafone investors want 120 bln stg Liberty Global deal -Telegraph Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, May 24, 2015 18:15 BST
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- London close: Stocks hit two-week high as blue chips rise Sharecast - Fri, May 22, 2015 18:16 BST
UK stocks reached a two-week high on Friday on the back of decent performances from heavyweights Vodafone and HSBC, along with gains in defensive categories such as pharmaceuticals.
- FTSE 250 movers: JustEat surges on Munlog offer, miners higher Sharecast - Fri, May 22, 2015 16:56 BST
UK stocks were retained gains on Friday, buoyed by higher commodity prices and data revealing the US remained in deflation last month.
- BUZZ-Vodafone: traders write call options as share surges Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 22, 2015 16:09 BST
** Traders busy writing Vodafone calls at 260p as price of the option leaps on hopes of a deal with Liberty Global ** Shares at 14-yr high of 254p as sell-side continues to talk up merger ** June 260 calls ...
- 5 Forgotten FTSE 100 Stars: Legal & General Group Plc, National Grid plc, Marks and Spencer Group Plc, Royal Mail PLC & Vodafone Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 22, 2015 15:36 BST
Harvey Jones shines a light on Legal & General Group Plc (LON: LGEN), National Grid plc (LON: NG), Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON: MKS), Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG) and Vodafone Group Plc (LON: VOD.).
- Why I Don’t Think BT Group plc Is Worth Its Lofty Valuation Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 22, 2015 13:22 BST
BT Group plc's (LON: BT.A) growth is slowing but the company still trades at a premium valuation.
- BUZZ-Vodafone: M&A talk, bullish brokers lift stock to 14-yr high Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 22, 2015 09:29 BST
** Vodafone at levels last seen early 2001 & poised for c.8 pct advance this wk, its biggest weekly rise in c.6 mths ** Potential tie-up between VOD & Liberty Global underpinning gains; traders this wk ...
- Are Vodafone Group Plc And Liberty Global plc About To Tie The Knot? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 22, 2015 09:03 BST
Is love in the air? Dave Sullivan looks at a conscious coupling between Vodafone Group Plc (LON: VOD) and Liberty Global plc.
- Enel CEO offers cheaper option for Italian broadband plan Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 21, 2015 18:21 BST
Using the infrastructure of Enel to bring fibre-optic telecom cables to millions of Italian homes would cost up to 3 billion euros ($3.3 billion), a fifth of current official estimates, the head of the utility said on Thursday. Prime minister Matteo Renzi has made rolling out a nationwide fibre-optic network one of his …
- Enel CEO offers cheap option for Italian broadband plan Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 21, 2015 17:52 BST
Using the infrastructure of Enel to bring fibre-optic telecom cables to millions of Italian homes would cost up to 3 billion euros ($3.34 billion), a fifth of current official estimates, the head of the utility said on Thursday. Prime minister Matteo Renzi has made rolling out a nationwide fibre-optic network one of his …
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy Dividend Champions Vodafone Group plc, Rio Tinto plc And Imperial Tobacco Group PLC? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 21, 2015 15:58 BST
Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO) and Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON:IMT) could boost your portfolio.
- Italy junior minister sees detailed broadband decree in days Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 21, 2015 12:18 BST
Italy's junior minister for communications, Antonello Giacomelli, said on Thursday he expected a decree detailing the government's broadband plan to be ready in a few days time. Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has made it one of his government's priorities to support the development of a fibre-optic network, a project he considers …
- Telecom Italia welcomes foreign investors as Vivendi entry looms Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 20, 2015 19:24 BST
Telecom Italia (Other OTC: TIAJF - news) 's chairman said he welcomed foreign investors in the Italian phone company as French media group Vivendi prepared to become the largest shareholder. "We reject the logic that foreign investments in Telecom Italia are dangerous: whoever brings capital and know-how contributes …
- Should You Buy, Hold, Or Sell Vodafone Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 20, 2015 14:46 BST
Several risks surround Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), this Fool argues.
- Vodafone shares rise on Malone's Liberty tie-up comments Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 20, 2015 09:57 BST
Vodafone's shares jumped 4 percent on Wednesday after the chairman of Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) , John Malone, said the two companies would make a "great fit", reigniting long-running merger speculation. Vodafone, the world's second-biggest mobile operator, has long been linked with a purchase or tie-up …
- BUZZ-Vodafone: best day since Jan on Liberty Global tie-up hopes Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 20, 2015 08:33 BST
** Vodafone rises 4 pct, its best day since January, with traders citing comments from Liberty Global chairman John Malone as being supportive of merger ** Told Bloomberg tie-up would be "great fit" ...
- MEDIA-Malone says Liberty, Vodafone make 'great fit' in Europe - Bloomberg Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 19, 2015 21:54 BST
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- EU clears Orange bid for Spain's Jazztel AFP - Tue, May 19, 2015 18:34 BST
- What Full-Year Results Mean For Vodafone Group plc, BTG plc And Premier Foods plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 19, 2015 13:51 BST
Do full-year results strengthen the investment case for Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) BTG plc (LON: BTG), and Premier Foods plc (LON: PFD)
- Is It Time To Buy These Beaten-Down Companies: Plus500 Ltd And Monitise Plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 19, 2015 11:23 BST
After recent declines should you buy Plus500 Ltd (LON: PLUS) and Monitise Plc (LON: MONI)?
- Vodafone's return to growth hints at wider sector recovery Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 19, 2015 10:59 BST
Britain's Vodafone posted a rise in quarterly sales for the first time in nearly three years on Tuesday in the clearest sign yet that Europe's mobile market is edging towards recovery. The world's second largest mobile operator has been hit hard by the constraints on consumer spending in its big European markets, fierce …
- UPDATE 2-Britain's Vodafone returns to quarterly sales growth Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 19, 2015 09:29 BST
Britain's Vodafone posted a rise in quarterly sales for the first time in nearly three years on Tuesday in the clearest sign yet that Europe's mobile market is edging towards recovery. The world's second largest mobile operator has been hit hard by the constraints on consumer spending in its big European markets and by …
- Britain's Vodafone returns to quarterly sales growth Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 19, 2015 07:13 BST
Britain's Vodafone posted a rise in its quarterly sales measurement for the first time in nearly three years on Tuesday, helped by improving trends in its key European markets and demand for 4G mobile services. The group, which has been hit hard by the constraints on consumer spending in its big European markets and by …