- London close: Equities close higher on rally in banking stocks Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 closed up 39.56 points to 6,395.65, lifted by the banking sector after Britain's biggest lenders passed the Bank of England's stress tests.
- Vodafone Qatar says appoints Gray as CEO with immediate effect Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
Vodafone Qatar has appointed Ian Gray as chief executive officer with immediate effect, the loss-making Vodafone affiliate said on Tuesday. He replaces outgoing CEO Kyle Whitehill, who will leave Vodafone ...
- Monitise Plc CFO To Step Down Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) looks rudderless to one Fool, as managers flee.
- London close: Aberdeen Asset Management leads FTSE lower Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 17:05 GMT
(ShareCast News) - In contrast to its European peers, the FTSE 100 ended lower on Monday, closing 19.06 points to 6,356.09 as it was pulled down by Aberdeen Asset Management and BHP Billiton.
- FTSE 250 movers: Telecom Plus follows market trend, Drax falls on warning from chief executive Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 16:43 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 started the week on a high, rising to 17,367.86 points by mid-afternoon Monday, up 102.76 points (0.60%).
- Ex-divs to take 0.8 points off FTSE 100 on Dec. 3 Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 14:59 GMT
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- KCom posts increase in interim revenue and profit Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 11:56 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Telecoms provider KCom Group posted an increase in interim pre-tax profit and revenue thanks to good performances across the board.
- Are Vodafone Group plc, Cranswick plc And Bellway plc ‘Screaming Buys’? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 09:49 GMT
Should you buy these 3 stocks right now? Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Cranswick plc (LON: CWK) and Bellway plc (LON: BWY)
- London midday: Stocks dragged lower by BHP Billiton, Aberdeen Asset Management Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 00:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks continued to decline at midday on Monday, led by Aberdeen Asset Management and BHP Billiton.
- The week ahead in business and finance Telegraph - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 18:32 GMT
Economic and corporate news expected from Monday, November 30, to Friday, December 4.
- Why ARM Holdings plc, Vodafone Group plc & Londonmetric Property PLC Are Prestige Dividend Picks! Fool.co.uk - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 08:06 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over big payers ARM Holdings plc (LON: ARM), Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) and Londonmetric Property PLC (LON: LMP).
- US close: Stocks mixed on quiet day of Thanksgiving trading Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 18:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - US stocks closed on a mixed note on Friday during a half-day of trading for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- London close: Stocks pulled lower by mining slump after China sell-off Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 17:10 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks ended lower on Friday on a slump in the mining sector as commodity prices declined.
- FTSE 100 movers: Heavily-weighted miners weigh but Severn Trent rallies again Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 15:50 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index was down 0.4% to 6,367.74 at 1540 GMT in thin trading, as US markets were only open for half a day due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Could You Double Your Money With Monitise plc, Blinkx plc & Falkland Oil and Gas Limited? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 11:35 GMT
This Fool looks at Monitise plc (LON: MONI), Blinkx plc (LON: BLNX) and Falkland oil and Gas Limited (LON: FOGL), the shares that the investing legend Walter Schloss may well have been interested in.
- London open: Stocks decline on commodities slump Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 09:17 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks declined on Friday morning as commodities reversed the previous day's rally and investors awaited the release of gross domestic product data.
- London midday: Miners drag stocks lower as traders weigh UK, Japan data Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 00:07 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Mining stocks dragged UK equities lower on Friday at midday as investors sifted through mixed economic data.
- London midday: Metals prices lift stocks as Thanksgiving holiday thins volumes Sharecast - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 00:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Mining companies gave the UK equity market a boost on Thursday as metal prices increased.
- Vodafone snubs investor demands, pulls bond instead Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:19 GMT
Vodafone fell victim to the picky corporate bond market this week, opting to pull its deal rather than relent to investor demands for chunkier spreads and greater risk protection. The sticking point appeared to be the absence of a change-of-control (CoC) provision - a covenant that forces issuers to redeem bonds, usually …
- Can Monitise Plc & OptiBiotix Health PLC Post 50%+ Gains In 2016? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 13:06 GMT
Are Monitise Plc (LON:MONI) and OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI) set to be big winners next year?
- US CORP BOND WRAP-Geopolitical tensions, Vodafone halt issuance Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 21:41 GMT
Bankers are already calling an end to the week for bond issuance after Vodafone's postponement and geopolitical tensions left US corporate borrowers preferring to wait until after Thanksgiving holidays. Vodafone was pulled, and you walk in to hear about the Russian jet," said one syndicate manager. The week is likely …
- Vodafone asked to pay $302 mln ahead of merger of India businesses Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 14:48 GMT
India's Supreme Court has asked Vodafone Group Plc (NasdaqGS: VOD - news) to pay 20 billion rupees ($302 million) to the government in relation to the phone carrier's plans to merge four of its operating businesses ahead of a share listing. Vodafone India Ltd, the country's second-biggest mobile phone carrier by customers …
- Telecom Plus first half profit rises as market share builds Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Telecom Plus posted a rise in interim profit and lifted its dividend as it continues to build market share.
- Are You Brave Enough To Buy Bombed-Out Monitise plc & Lonmin Plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:19 GMT
Monitise plc (LON: MONI) and Lonmin Plc (LON: LMI) are strictly for gamblers only, says Harvey Jones
- London open: Stocks decline ahead of Carney's testimony, US GDP Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:17 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks declined on Tuesday morning ahead of Bank of England governor Mark Carney's testimony to the Treasury Select Committee.
- US CORP BOND WRAP-Vodafone pulls deal as investors crack down Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 21:41 GMT
Telco Vodafone became the second issuer to pull a multi-billion dollar deal from the US corporate bond market in less than a week on Monday, after investors protested a lack of covenant protection. Vodafone pulled an up to US$2bn 30-year US dollar offering, just hours after announcing initial price thoughts, one of the …
- Vodafone pulls 30-year bond amid covenant pushback Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 20:57 GMT
Telco Vodafone pulled a 30-year US dollar bond offering from the market on Monday, just hours after announcing initial price thoughts for the trade, one of the lead managers told IFR. The company, rated Baa1/BBB+/BBB+, was expected to raise US$1.5bn to US$2bn though the bond sale, which was being marketed at a spread of …
- Vodafone pulls 30-year benchmark US dollar bond: lead Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 20:01 GMT
By Davide Scigliuzzo NEW YORK, Nov 23 - Vodafone pulled a 30-year US dollar bond offering from the market, hours after announcing initial price thoughts for the trade, one of the lead managers told IFR. ...
- London close: Stocks end lower as investors weigh disappointing US data Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks ended lower on Monday as traders scrutinised US data that missed forecasts.
- FTSE 100: Defence stocks on the front foot but miners slump Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 14:40 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was down 0.5% at 6,302.52 at 1420 GMT, as metals prices declined, with blue chip miners Glencore, Antofagasta and BHP Billiton all firmly in the red.
- Regulator approves Deutsche Telekom plan to use copper wires for broadband Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 13:20 GMT
Germany's telecoms industry regulator has given approval for Deutsche Telekom (Xetra: 555750 - news) to spend a billion euros ($1.1 billion) on equipping its existing copper wiring for high speed broadband services, to help Germany close its gap in consumer Internet speeds with other European countries. The regulator …
- Tuesday preview: US GDP in focus amid interest rate speculation Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 13:17 GMT
(ShareCast News) - US economic growth data on Tuesday will be in focus amid speculation that there may be a strong case for raising interest rates in December.
- Regulator approves billion-euro D.Telekom broadband upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 11:33 GMT
The German telecoms watchdog gave conditional approval for Deutsche Telekom's billion-euro upgrade of more of its copper lines to boost Internet speeds. The regulator said in a draft decision on Monday ...
- Are Vodafone Group plc, Talktalk Telecom Group PLC & Laird PLC Set To Soar? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 10:05 GMT
Is now the perfect time to pile into Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (LON: TALK) and Laird PLC (LON: LRD)
- US close: S&P closes out best week in 2015 Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 07:33 GMT
(ShareCast News) - A benchmark for US shares finished the week with its largest gain in a year, bolstered by so-called consumer discretionary and healthcare stocks, as investors continued to react positively ...