- London midday: Stocks see follow-through selling from Asian session Sharecast - 50 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index had slipped into the red come midday as weakness overnight in Japanese equities filtred through into the European session, with weakness in US high-yield debt ...
- Are Monitise Plc, Tui AG And Cambian Group PLC Too Risky To Buy Today? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Should you buy or avoid these 3 stocks? Monitise Plc (LON: MONI), Tui AG (LON: TUI) and Cambian Group PLC (LON: CMBN).
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc & Vodafone Group plc: Value Titans Or Value Traps? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Royston Wild runs the rule over London leviathans Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB) and Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD).
- Market Report: Homebuilders battered by global gloom Telegraph - 18 hours ago
Financial services and technology companies sunk as doubts about the health of the world economy took their toll
- Inmarsat falls on Barclays downgrade Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 10:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Despite strong growth forecasts, Barclays has downgraded Inmarsat from 'equal weight' to 'underweight', but raised its target price from 740p to 1,000p.
- London close: Stocks end lower on disappointing non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 17:08 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 closed in the red on Friday as the US non-farm payrolls report came in worse than anticipated.
- Hutchison reviewing EU objections to O2 merger-source Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 15:35 GMT
CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd has received the EU's list of objections to its takeover of Telefonica (Amsterdam: TA6.AS - news) 's O2, which will create Britain's biggest mobile operator and cut the number of networks to three, a person familiar with the situation said. European Union antitrust regulators launched a full …
- London open: FTSE flat ahead of non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 09:25 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 opened flat on Friday as investors erred on the side of caution ahead of the US non-farm payrolls report.
- London midday: Miners push equities higher as investors eye non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 00:08 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK equities advanced on Friday, bolstered by a rally in mining shares as metal prices reversed declines.
- Small caps news round-up Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:45 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Forbidden Technologies was celebrating its first contract win for its social video platform on Thursday, after a number of proof-of-concept trials. The AIM-traded technology firm's 'eva' ...
- Should You Use Vodafone Group plc’s New ‘Free’ Share-Dealing Service? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:05 GMT
There is a price to pay for Vodafone's new free share dealing service, says Harvey Jones
- Why ‘Risky’ Glencore PLC Is A Much Safer Buy Than Avanti Communications Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 15:43 GMT
Roland Head explains why Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN) is a pretty safe bet when compared to an investment in Avanti Communications Group PLC (LON:AVN).
- Today’s Results Suggest Smith & Nephew plc Looks Set To Beat Vodafone plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 13:20 GMT
Smith and Nephew plc (LON: SN) could leave Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) behind
- Vodafone says recovery in Europe still on track Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 11:27 GMT
Mobile phone company Vodafone delivered its sixth consecutive quarter of underlying revenue growth on Thursday, as Germany and Italy led an improvement in Europe, its biggest regional business. Vodafone also said it was on track to deliver full-year earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of between …
- Vodafone reports sixth quarter of growth as recovery takes hold Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 07:18 GMT
Mobile phone company Vodafone met expectations with a 1.4 percent rise in revenue in its third quarter, its sixth consecutive quarter of growth, as recovery in Europe gained pace. Earlier this week Vodafone said it had restarted talks with Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) , the cable company it was considering …
- Avanti Communications posts narrower first half loss Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 00:41 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Avanti Communications, which provides satellite data communications services, said its loss for the half year narrowed.
- London midday: Stocks rise as BoE votes unanimously to keep rates unchanged Sharecast - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 00:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose on Thursday as the Bank of England unanimously agreed to keep interest rates unchanged.
- London close: Stocks fall after mixed services data Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 17:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 closed lower on Wednesday as investors weighed mixed services data and a report showing US crude oil inventories rose more than expected last week.
- FTSE 100 movers: StanChart leads market lower on Citi note Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 16:19 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was down again on Wednesday, dropping 78.22 points (1.32%) to 5,843.79 by mid-afternoon.
- Does Johnston Press plc’s Latest News Make It A Better Buy Than Vodafone Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 09:46 GMT
Should you ditch Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) to buy Johnston Press plc (LON: JPR)?
- London open: Stocks drop following declines in Asia, US Sharecast - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 09:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks dropped on Wednesday following declines in Asian and US markets.
- KPN core earnings fall on business customers, tax issue Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 3, 2016 07:30 GMT
KPN (Amsterdam: KPN.AS - news) , the Netherlands' largest telecommunications company, reported a worse-than-expected drop in fourth-quarter earnings on Wednesday, and forecast stabilised earnings for 2016. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters (Dusseldorf: TOC.DU - news) had expected adjusted EBITDA of 596 million euros. …
- UPDATE 1-Vodafone in talks with Liberty Global on Dutch joint venture Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 20:01 GMT
Mobile phone networks operator Vodafone said on Tuesday it was in talks with John Malone's cable company Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) about forming a joint venture in the Netherlands. Liberty Global owns Ziggo (Other OTC: ZIGGF - news) , the largest cable TV operator in the Netherlands, while Vodafone is the …
- Vodafone in talks with Liberty Global on Dutch joint venture Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 20:01 GMT
Mobile phone operator Vodafone said on Tuesday it was in talks with John Malone's cable company Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) about forming a joint venture in the Netherlands. Liberty Global owns Ziggo (Other OTC: ZIGGF - news) , the largest cable TV operator in the Netherlands, while Vodafone is the second …
- German watchdog presses for Bundesliga broadcasting rights to be split Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 17:15 GMT
Germany's top soccer league will not be allowed to sell exclusive rights for live television broadcasts after the country's competition watchdog insisted on a "no single buyer" rule for the imminent Bundesliga rights auction, three sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters. While German soccer fans may have to …
- Wednesday preview: GSK reports fourth quarter earnings Sharecast - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 17:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - GlaxoSmithKline on Wednesday reports its fourth quarter earnings and a trading update on its 2015 full year results.
- Britain's BT suffers temporary network problems Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 17:03 GMT
Britain's BT Group (LSE: BT-A.L - news) said large numbers of its customers had lost connection to the Internet on Tuesday, but most were back online in a matter of hours and there were no indications that the failure was due to a malicious attack. Telekom Austria said on Tuesday its mobile internet service was hit by …
- BUZZ-Vodafone: Confirms in talks with Liberty Global Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 15:45 GMT
** Mobile operator Vodafone's shares down nearly 2 pct after co confirms it is in talks with Liberty Global ** Co says talks do not extend beyond creation of a JV in the Netherlands ** "Today what ...
- BUZZ-Vodafone: Co resumes talks with Liberty Global - Bloomberg Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 12:45 GMT
** Mobile operator Vodafone's shares up 1.7 pct, reversing course from earlier in the day, after Bloomberg reports co has resumed talks with Liberty Global ** Asset swap talks, which were scrapped last ...
- Why Vodafone Group plc & Persimmon plc Should Rise Again In February! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 10:00 GMT
Royston Wild explains why Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) and Persimmon plc (LON: PSN) should continue their recent spurt higher.
- Bridge steps down after 45 years with Greene King Sharecast - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 08:27 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Greene King was losing its leading man on Tuesday, with the announcement that - after 45 years at the company, and 10 at the helm - Tim Bridge was stepping down as chairman.
- London close: Stocks fall after mixed economic data Sharecast - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 16:55 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell on Monday as traders waded through mixed economic data, including weak China manufacturing reports.
- How The Strong Dollar Pays Dividends For UK Investors Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 16:20 GMT
What's bad news for British shoppers in New York is good news for many British shareholders.
- Will Real Good Food PLC, Monitise Plc And ASOS plc Fall By Another 20%? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 13:35 GMT
Are more falls on the horizon for Real Good Food PLC (LON: RGD), Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) and ASOS plc (LON: ASC)?
- Are Vodafone Group plc And ARM Holdings plc The Top Growth Buys In The FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 12:02 GMT
Can earnings growth at Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) and ARM Holdings plc (LON:ARM) drive strong returns for investors?