- Orange in talks with buyers of fibre assets to get Jazztel deal approved Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
Orange (Taiwan OTC: 4554.TWO - news) has begun talks with several potential buyers for parts of Jazztel (Other OTC: JAZTF - news) 's fibre network, which it has agreed to sell to get regulatory approval for the takeover of the Spanish broadband company. Nicolas Laederich, an executive who handles regulatory affairs …
- Dividend Champions Face-Off: Should You Buy Vodafone Group plc Or National Grid plc Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Which dividend champion is the better pick Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) or National Grid plc (LON: NG)?
- 5 Stocks David Cameron Should Consider Buying: GlaxoSmithKline plc, BP plc, Vodafone plc, HSBC Holdings plc & Burberry Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 4, 2015 16:39 BST
Why David Cameron should be looking at GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK), BP plc (LON:BP), Vodafone plc (LON:VOD), HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) and Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY).
- Spanish TV soccer rights to be pooled under new rules Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 21:38 BST
Spain approved new rules on Thursday under which the television rights to show Spanish soccer will be pooled and sold collectively. This ends the previous system in which rights were sold by individual clubs and could lead to a sharp price increase for broadcasters. The previous system heavily favoured big teams such …
- Mediaset appoints Berlusconi's son as CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 18:19 BST
ROME/MILAN, April 30 (Reuters) - Italy's biggest commercial broadcaster Mediaset (Other OTC: MDIEF - news) appointed Pier Silvio Berlusconi as chief executive of his family's business on Thursday, to steer the company through a fast-consolidating media industry. The 46-year-old son of former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi …
- Friday preview: Lloyds earnings to be hit by PPI and TSB disposal Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 17:12 BST
Lloyds Banking Group is expected to report a slide in first quarter earnings on Friday, reflecting provisions for payment protection insurance and TSB disposal costs.
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Exxon, Harman, Glu Mobile, Baidu Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 14:19 BST
U.S. stock futures pared back some losses from earlier in the day on Thursday after data showed jobless claims fell to a 15-year low and consumer spending rose in March, suggesting the economy was regaining ...
- Potash Corp profit rises 8.8 pct on better prices Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 11:12 BST
Potash Corp of Saskatchewan , the world's biggest fertilizer company by market capitalization, reported an 8.8 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by lower costs and higher prices for potash and phosphate. ...
- Why I Would Buy Vodafone Group plc And N Brown Group plc But Sell Ophir Energy Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 29, 2015 15:01 BST
Royston Wild runs the rule over Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), N Brown Group plc (LON: BWNG) and Ophir Energy Plc (LON: OPHR).
- Mediaset sees opportunities to work with Vivendi Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 29, 2015 12:49 BST
Italy's biggest commercial broadcaster Mediaset (Other OTC: MDIEF - news) sees opportunities to work with French group Vivendi (Swiss: VIV.SW - news) although no joint projects are in the offing, Mediaset's vice chairman said on Wednesday. Pier Silvio Berlusconi also said selling the Berlusconi family's controlling stake …
- Spain's Telefonica bets on price hikes to end six-year slump Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 29, 2015 08:00 BST
Telefonica's move to hike prices in Spain is a bold bet that could finally draw a line under a six-year slump, cut the firm's reliance on Latin America and give it a leg up over rivals on the lucrative premium telecoms market, sources and analysts say. The telecoms giant, whose revenues have dropped 13 percent worldwide …
- Indian telecom operators see growth in data traffic Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 17:58 BST
Two of India's top three mobile telecoms network operators reported a rise in quarterly profits on Tuesday, helped by strong subscriber growth for mobile data services while strong competition continued ...
- Turbo-Boost Your Income With Centrica PLC, Glencore PLC, Vodafone Group plc, British American Tobacco plc And Anglo American plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 15:21 BST
These 5 stocks could make a world of difference to your income: Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN), Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS) and Anglo American ...
- Pinnacle Technology Group raises £0.86m through placing Sharecast - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 14:46 BST
Pinnacle Technology Group, the AIM-listed IT managed service provider, raised £0.86m via a placing of 13,164,122 new ordinary shares.
- TeliaSonera Has Acquired Own Shares to Cover Commitments under the “Long Term Incentive Program 2012/2015” Business Wire - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 14:40 BST
STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- TeliaSonera AB (OSE:TEL) (STO:TLSN) (HEX:TLS1V) (LSE:TEE) (Nasdaq:TLSN) TeliaSonera AB has today acquired 270,783 shares to an average price of SEK 51,7908. The number of Treasury ...
- TeliaSonera Exercises Mandate to Buy Back Shares to Cover Commitments under the “Long Term Incentive Program 2012/2015” Business Wire - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 07:55 BST
The Board of Directors has decided to exercise the mandate for the buyback of shares that was approved by the Annual General Meeting on April 8, 2015. To cover commitments under the “Long Term Incentive Program 2012/2015”, approved by the Annual General Meeting in 2012, the Board decided to buy back a maximum of 300,000 …
- FTSE 250 movers: Supergroup soars on RBC upgrade, Lonmin lower after Exane downgrade Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 16:53 BST
SuperGroup was trading higher as RBC Capital Markets raised its rating on the clothing chain. The broker, which hiked its recommendation to 'outperform' from 'sector perform', also increased its price ...
- London open: Tullow Oil and HSBC lead early gains Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 11:12 BST
Stocks began the morning weaker on the back of inconclusive talks over the weekend between Greece and its international creditors.
- Week ahead: Political debates and central banks in focus Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 19:07 BST
With little doubt what will be of most interest for investors next week, given that the next general elections are now looming, will be the three-way election debate between Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ...
- Why I’d Buy Blinkx Plc, But Sell Monitise Plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 16:01 BST
Here's why Blinkx Plc (LON: BLNX) has a bright future, but things could get worse for investors in Monitise (LON: MONI)
- London open: Analysts sanguine on Greece, oil forecasts revised higher Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 11:01 BST
Stocks have begun the morning moving modestly higher on residual optimism over the Greek debt negotiations and on the coat-tails of overnight gains on Wall Street, which saw the Nasdaq Composite close ...
- London midday: HSBC and StanChart ponders transferring HQ outside UK Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 01:18 BST
Stocks were holding modestly higher on Friday at noon amid residual optimism over the Greek debt negotiations and on the coat-tails of overnight gains on Wall Street.
- Metroweb's state owner rejects Telecom Italia proposal - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 17:42 BST
MILAN/ROME, April 23 (Reuters) - The state owner of Italy's Metroweb has rejected a proposal by Telecom Italia (Other OTC: TIAJF - news) to take a stake in the broadband company and gradually reach full ownership, according to two people close to the matter and an email seen by Reuters. The latest twist in long-running …
- As Vodafone Group plc’s European Recovery Continues, It Could Be Time To Buy! Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 13:48 BST
Vodafone Group plc's (LON: VOD) European recovery continues.
- TelOne Signs Contract Extension with Avanti Communications Business Wire - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 09:37 BST
Avanti Communications today announced that TelOne, the Zimbabwean national telco, has signed an immediate extension to its major connectivity contract. As Zimbabwe’s sole fixed telecoms services provider, TelOne delivers services to the entire market across Zimbabwe.
- Why This Billionaire Is Betting Big On Monitise Plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 09:16 BST
Should you follow this billionaire and buy Monitise Plc (LON;MONI)?
- MEDIA-Vodafone, India agree on third arbitrator to resolve tax dispute - Economic Times Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 03:49 BST
- Source link: - Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Telecom Italia can have majority of Metroweb on certain terms -CDP Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 18:29 BST
Telecom Italia (Other OTC: TIAJF - news) can have a majority stake in broadband firm Metroweb providing it accepts proper governance conditions and other phone operators as shareholders, a key Metroweb shareholder said on Wednesday. "If Telecom accepts the entrance of other operators it could have a majority stake from …
- FTSE 250 movers: Tate & Lyle hit by downgrade, energy stocks higher Sharecast - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 17:58 BST
Shares in sugar, sweetener and food ingredients group Tate & Lyle were losing their flavour after analysts at Credit Suisse lowered their rating on the stock from 'neutral' to 'underperform'.
- Telecom Italia can have majority of Metroweb at certain terms-CDP Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 17:01 BST
Italian phone group Telecom Italia can be given a majority stake in partly state-owned broadband company Metroweb at proper governance conditions and if it accepts other phone operators as shareholders, ...
- 5 Tasty Smaller Cap Dividends: Ladbrokes PLC, Kier Group plc, KCOM Group PLC, Amlin plc And City of London Investment Group PLC Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 13:19 BST
Could dividends from Ladbrokes PLC (LON: LAD), Kier Group plc (LON: KIE), KCOM Group PLC (LON: KCOM), Amlin plc (LON: AML) and City of London Investment Group PLC (LON: CLIG) boost your success?
- Turk Telekom bids to buy rest of mobile firm Avea Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 12:02 BST
Turk Telekom offered on Wednesday to buy the remaining $300 million stake it doesn't already own in mobile company Avea, a deal that would allow it to avoid having to float the struggling wireless firm. Saudi-owned Turk Telekom, which also reported a 93 percent drop in quarterly earnings, owns 90 percent of Turkey's third-largest …
- Federal network agency allows three bidders in upcoming auction Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 11:34 BST
Germany's telecoms and energy regulator will allow Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica Deutschland and Vodafone Deutschland to take part in the upcoming spectrum auction, a Federal Network Agency's spokesman ...
- London open: Stocks slip after strong start, Tesco gains despite weak results Sharecast - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 10:23 BST
After a brief stint in positive territory, UK stock markets dropped on Wednesday morning as the FTSE 100 came close to a record high, despite a surprisingly positive reaction to Tesco's worse-than-expected ...
- Nokia bets software revolution will help avoid past merger errors Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 22, 2015 06:46 BST
PARIS/HELSINKI/STOCKHOLM, April 21 (Reuters) - Nokia's acquisition of smaller rival Alcatel-Lucent may avoid the pitfalls that befell earlier telecom network equipment marriages, thanks to a revolution over the past decade in how products are launched and developed. Nokia has promised 900 million euros ($960 million) …