- Thursday preview: BoE, ECB and Federal Reserve reveal policy details Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The central banks of England, Europe and the US will take centre stage on Thursday as they release details of their latest policy decisions.
- London open: Mining shares lift equities higher Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks advanced on Wednesday, lifted higher by mining shares as metal prices rose.
- Vodafone goes back to basics after failed Liberty deal Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 7 (Reuters) - With a $120 billion merger with Liberty Global (NasdaqGS: LBTYA - news) off the table, Vodafone boss Vittorio Colao needs his strategy of higher network investments and acquisitions of European cable companies to start paying off, quickly. The world's second-largest …
- London midday: Stocks rise on growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose after reports showed better-than-expected growth in UK manufacturing and industrial output in August.
- London close: Stocks end higher as miners and oil producers rally Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE reversed an earlier decline on Tuesday to end higher, led by mining and energy producers as oil and base metal prices rallied.
- Wednesday preview: Tesco to report drop in first half earnings, no dividend, analysts say Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 15:45 BST
(ShareCast News) - Tesco reports its first half results on Wednesday with analysts expecting a drop in earnings and revenues amid a supermarket price war.
- London open: Stocks fall as investors weigh earnings Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 10:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday as traders sifted through earnings releases.
- London midday: Stocks fall as Citigroup cuts FTSE 100 year-end target Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 01:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell as Citigroup cut its 2015 year-end target for the FTSE 100 to 6900 from 7400 following downgrades to economic growth and the rising risk from China.
- London close: Stocks end higher despite negative services data Sharecast - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 18:00 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks gained as the market proved resilient against a batch of negative services data on hopes the Federal Reserve will keep interest rates unchanged for longer.
- FTSE 250 movers: Kaz Minerals shoots higher as copper gains; Playtech slumps Sharecast - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 16:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's mid-cap index was up 1.7% to 17,084.45 at 1450 BST, tracking broader gains in the market as last week's disappointing nonfarm payrolls report prompted investors to push back ...
- New global tax proposals target corporate tax dodging Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 13:00 BST
Tight government finances and media reports on the tax structuring used by companies including Starbucks (Swiss: SBUX.SW - news) and Google have spurred significant public anger in Europe and the United States in recent years over tax avoidance. The Group of 20 largest economies asked the Organisation for Economic Co-operation …
- London midday: Stocks rise as investors shrug off UK services slowdown Sharecast - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 12:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rose on Monday as investors shrugged off an unexpected slowdown in UK service sector growth in September.
- Will Vodafone Group plc, Prudential plc And Allied Minds PLC Beat The Index? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 12:47 BST
Are these 3 stocks set to soar? Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Prudential plc (LON: PRU) and Allied Minds PLC (LON: ALM)
- London open: FTSE rallies as investors speculate on US interest rates Sharecast - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 10:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE opened on the front foot on Monday after weak US jobs growth pushed back expectations for an interest rate hike.
- FTSE 100 movers: Banks rise after PPI deadline proposed; Experian falls after hack Sharecast - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 16:31 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a strong start to the day, the FTSE drastically dropped back to 6,080.75 mid-afternoon, up 8.28 points (0.14%).
- FTSE 250 movers: Paragon surges on acquisition; DS Smith drops on downgrade Sharecast - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 16:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 was down 0.3% to 16,713.91 as markets nudged lower following the release of weaker-than-expected US non-farm payrolls.
- Is Now The Time To Invest In Vodafone Group plc, Inmarsat plc And Gamma Communications plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 14:11 BST
Stock market turmoil could have uncovered value in Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Inmarsat plc (LON: ISAT) and Gamma Communications plc (LON: GAMA)
- London midday: Stocks rise after UK construction PMI, before US non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 01:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks gained after data showed UK construction activity improved more than expected in September and before the release of the US non-farm payrolls report.
- London close: Stocks finish up after slate of factory PMIs Sharecast - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 18:17 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE ended on a positive note but off its best levels of the day as investors sifted through a batch of manufacturing data in the UK, China and the US.
- European shares end lower led by phone, technology stocks Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 17:42 BST
European shares fell on Thursday, with phone stocks leading the way after a capital raising move at Altice to fund a U.S. acquisition and technology stocks pressured by concerns over chip orders from Apple ...
- Are Antofagasta plc, Monitise Plc, CRH PLC And Premier Oil PLC Poised To Extend September’s Losses?es? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 17:04 BST
Royston Wild discusses whether investors in Antofagasta plc (LON: ANTO), Monitise Plc (LON: MONI), CRH PLC (LON: CRH) and Premier Oil PLC (LON: PMO) should expect more peril.
- European shares reduce gains, Altice leads telecoms lower Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 14:00 BST
European shares gave up some ground by midday on Thursday as gains by oil and gas stocks were offset by a fall in telecoms and both Glencore and Volkswagen turned lower. European stocks had been supported ...
- London open: Stocks rally on hopes of China stimulus after weak PMIs Sharecast - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 10:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks rallied on Thursday after weak Chinese manufacturing data spurred hopes of further stimulus.
- Are Vodafone Group plc, National Grid plc, Barratt Developments Plc And Unilever plc Four Of The Safest Dividends Out There? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 09:23 BST
Royston Wild explains why income seekers should be snapping up Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), National Grid plc (LON: NG), Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV) and Unilever plc (LON: ULVR).
- London midday: Stocks climb as UK, China PMIs beat forecasts Sharecast - Thu, Oct 1, 2015 01:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks climbed on Thursday after better-than-forecast UK and Chinese manufacturing data.
- London close: Stocks buoyed by Glencore and Sainsbury's Sharecast - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 19:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE rose on Wednesday as a batch of negative economic data was offset by gains in supermarket stocks and a rebound in Glencore.
- 3 Reasons To Be Bullish About Monitise plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 15:25 BST
There are some investors that see upside in Monitise plc (LON:MONI).
- London midday: Stocks gain despite downward revision of UK GDP Sharecast - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 12:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks gained as investors shrugged off a downward revision to second quarter UK gross domestic product and a report showing the Eurozone entered deflation in September.
- What Should You Do About Your Vodafone Group Plc Shares? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Sep 30, 2015 09:16 BST
Are you wondering what to do with your Vodafone Group Plc (LON: VOD) shares?
- London close: Stocks decline as China slowdown fears persist Sharecast - Tue, Sep 29, 2015 18:47 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE ended lower on Tuesday as woes about China's slowdown and the weakness in commodities persisted despite a rebound in mining stocks.
- Vodafone bosses buy company shares after Liberty Global deal called off Sharecast - Tue, Sep 29, 2015 18:21 BST
(ShareCast News) - While Liberty Global may have lost interest in a deal with Vodafone, its management team certainly has more of an interest after the CEO and CFO purchased shares in the group.
- London close: Stocks led lower by mining stocks as commodity prices drag Sharecast - Mon, Sep 28, 2015 18:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was dragged lower by a slump in mining stocks following weak Chinese data and broadly bearish sentiment in the commodities market.
- Vodafone and Liberty Global end European tie-up talks Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Sep 28, 2015 17:25 BST
Vodafone and Liberty Global have abandoned talks about a swap of business assets in Europe's converging mobile phone, broadband and TV markets, they said on Monday, having failed to agree on valuations. Vodafone, the world's second-biggest mobile operator, said in June it was considering swapping some assets with Europe's …
- FTSE 100 Movers: SABMiller rises on offer speculation; Glencore hammered Sharecast - Mon, Sep 28, 2015 15:33 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was trading 96.88 points or 1.59% lower at 6,012.13 by mid-afternoon on Monday.
- UK's Labour says will force big companies to pay "fair share" Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Sep 28, 2015 15:27 BST
Britain's opposition Labour Party said on Monday if it won the next election it would force large corporations such as Starbucks (Swiss: SBUX.SW - news) , Vodafone, Amazon and Google (Xetra: A0B7FY - news) to pay their "fair share" of taxes to help end austerity policies. In a speech aimed at silencing critics who say …