- London close: FTSE edges higher to new record close Sharecast - 5 hours ago
London's FTSE 100 managed to inch higher to a new record high on Thursday as improving economic data across Europe and positive developments in Ukraine boosted markets after a slow start.
- Italy's cabinet to examine broadband plan on March 3 - sources Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
ROME/MILAN, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Italy's cabinet will examine a plan worth 5-6 billion euros ($5.6-6.7 billion) to speed up the roll-out of broadband networks across the country at a meeting on March 3, two sources close to the matter said on Thursday. Prime Minister Matteo Renzi pledged last year up to 6 billion euros …
- Indian government's payday from telecoms auction could be delayed Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
India's latest effort to auction its telecoms airwaves is likely to face delays to its latter stages, after the Supreme Court said on Thursday that no decision would be final until a round of legal complaints on the sale mechanisms was completed. This could prove painful for the government, which is under pressure to slash …
- Star Capital lines up sales of Pepcom, Eleclink -sources Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
European investment fund Star Capital (Other OTC: CGHC - news) is launching preparations to sell German cable group Pepcom and a separate deal to dispose of a stake in Eleclink, a company running a power cable connecting Britain and France, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters. Star Capital has asked HSBC, …
- Why These Companies Are At Risk Of Bankruptcy: Premier Foods Plc, Avanti Communications Group PLC, Vedanta Resources plc, Tullow Oil plc & Enquest Plc Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Premier Foods Plc (LON: PFD), Avanti Communications Group PLC (LON: AVN), Vedanta Resources plc (LON: VED), Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW) and Enquest Plc (LON: ENQ) could be at risk of running out of cash....
- Telecoms provider Colt's profit hurt by lower voice revenue Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
Telecommunications company Colt Group SA's full-year adjusted pretax profit fell 45.8 percent, slightly more than analysts had expected, as revenue dropped in its voice and IT services divisions. Colt, which runs fibre optic networks and data centres for companies, said in April it would withdraw about 85 percent of its …
- London open: Influx of earnings and economic data keeps stocks flat Sharecast - 12 hours ago
UK stocks were more or less flat on Thursday morning with markets fluctuating at record highs amid a barrage of corporate earnings and economic data.
- BUZZ-Monitise: contract wins lift shares Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
** British mobile-banking software maker Monitise jump 6 pct as co, which is up for sale, wins 2 multi-yr contracts with multi-mln dollar aggregate value ** Co, which has mkt value of about 534 mln pounds ...
- Telecoms testing services firm Spirent sees higher demand in 2015 Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
Spirent Communications Plc, a British provider of telecoms testing services, said it expects stronger demand in 2015, especially in the second half. Spirent tests ethernet networks, 3G and 4G wireless ...
- No deal too small for Lazard's $500 billion banker Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 17:26 GMT
LONDON/PARIS, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Lazard banker Vincent Le Stradic recently took a break from his job advising Europe's top telecoms companies on deals to help little-known French start-up Sigfox raise 100 million euros. "What's so special about Vincent is his authentic passion for his job, which allows him to deploy the …
- FTSE 250 movers: Petrofac beats analysts' expectations, AO World and Supergroup drop Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 16:16 GMT
Petrofac topped the risers as profits came in above analysts' expectations, albeit towards the bottom of the company's own guidance. Chief executive Ayman Asfari said the company was well positioned to ...
- How Safe Are Dividends At Vodafone Group plc, BT Group plc And SKY PLC? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:17 GMT
The dividend pictures at Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and SKY PLC (LON: SKY) are very different.
- London open: UK stocks tread water at all-time high Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 09:16 GMT
UK stocks were flat on Wednesday morning as markets paused for breath following the new all-time highs reached the previous session.
- Vodafone misses out on record-breaking rally Telegraph - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 20:28 GMT
The mobile telecoms group was a faller in a FTSE 100 that broke its 15-year old record high
- London close: FTSE 100 closes at new record high on Greece, Yellen Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 17:22 GMT
London's FTSE 100 set a new all-time high on Tuesday afternoon, surpassing the previous record reached amid the dotcom bubble at the end of 1999, as the Eurogroup approved a bailout extension request from ...
- Monitise Plc Is Up 70% This Month. Does That Make It A Buy Or A Sell? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 13:39 GMT
Potential buyers and sellers of Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) have a tough choice to make, says Harvey Jones
- It’s Official! Vodafone Group plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc & Imperial Tobacco Group PLC Are The Best Income Stocks In The World Fool.co.uk - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:18 GMT
Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (LON: IMT) offer the best dividend yields around.
- Japan's KDDI divests stake in satellite firm Inmarsat for 840p per share Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:11 GMT
Japanese telecommunications group KDDI Corporation has sold its entire 4.85 percent stake in satellite communications company Inmarsat for 840 pence per share, the company said on Tuesday. KDDI will raise ...
- Telefonica Deutschland upbeat outlook lifts shares Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 09:46 GMT
Telefonica Deutschland forecast core profit would increase by 10 percent this year, with the benefits of its purchase of mobile operator E-Plus for 8.6 billion euros ($9.7 billion) starting to feed through. Telefonica Deutschland shares jumped in early trading and by 0930 GMT were up 5.5 percent at 5.03 euros, the second-biggest …
- London open: Markets flat as Greece submits reform list, investors await Yellen Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 09:17 GMT
UK stocks opened slightly lower on Tuesday morning as investors waited nervously to see if Eurozone finance ministers will sign off on a Greek bailout extension.
- London midday: Greek hopes lift stocks as FTSE nears record high Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 00:50 GMT
UK stocks edged higher after a slow start on Tuesday as investors expressed hopes that a deal can be struck to give Greece extra time, though upside was limited as markets neared their record highs.
- Japan's KDDI sells entire stake in satellite firm Inmarsat Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 17:58 GMT
Japan's second largest wireless carrier KDDI Corporation said on Monday it plans to sell its entire 4.85 stake in satellite communications company Inmarsat in an accelerated bookbuilding process. The price ...
- Why I’d Buy BAE Systems plc & Stagecoach Group Plc Over Centrica PLC & Monitise Plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 13:22 GMT
BAE Systems plc (LON:BA), Stagecoach Group Plc (LON:SGC), Centrica PLC (LON:CNA) and Monitise Plc (LON:MONI) are under the spotlight.
- My 3 Plays On A Eurozone Recovery: Vodafone Group plc, Banco Santander SA & Globo plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 09:12 GMT
Why now may be the time to invest in companies such as Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC) and Globo plc (LON: GBO).
- MEDIA-Vodafone, Aircel in talks with Indian government on fibre optic network - Economic Times Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 03:13 GMT
- Source link: - Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Spain's cable firm Euskaltel mulls partial listing - report Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Feb 21, 2015 13:47 GMT
Spanish cable company Euskaltel has hired Rothschild as advisers to explore a potential partial listing on the stock exchange, business daily Expansion said on Saturday, citing sources close to the firm. Euskaltel, which is partly owned by private equity funds Trilantic and Investindustrial and operates exclusively in …
- Hack gave U.S. and British spies access to billions of phones - Intercept Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 17:36 GMT
U.S. and British spies hacked into the world's biggest maker of phone SIM cards, allowing them to potentially monitor the calls, texts and emails of billions of mobile users around the world, an investigative news website reported. The alleged hack on Gemalto, if confirmed, would expand the scope of known mass surveillance …
- Deutsche Telekom to add 5.9 mln homes to fast internet plan Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 11:17 GMT
Deutsche Telekom plans to provide an additional 5.9 million homes with fast internet, a spokesman said on Friday. At the moment Deutsche Telekom is rolling out a so-called VDSL network in Germany, which ...
- Will Banco Santander SA Make An Offer For Monitise Plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 09:05 GMT
Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) looks like a great acquisition for Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC).
- 4 Fantastic Income Stocks: Vodafone Group plc, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Petrofac Limited And Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 08:54 GMT
These 4 stocks could boost your income: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB), Petrofac Limited (LON: PFC) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)
- SISTEMA PLACES RUB 10 BILLION BOND Business Wire - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 13:02 GMT
February 19, 2015 – Sistema JSFC (“Sistema” or the “Company”) (LSE: SSA) today announces that it has completed the placement of RUB 10 billion Series BO-01 unconvertible interest-bearing bonds with a par value of RUB 1,000.
- Form 8.3 - Monitise PLC Business Wire - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 12:27 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- UK regulator proposes drop in licence charges for mobile operators Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 10:32 GMT
Mobile phone networks could pay lower fees to the government for using airwaves, British telecoms regulator Ofcom said on Thursday, after it recalculated the value of some blocks of spectrum following a 4G auction two years ago. Operators EE, owned by Deutsche Telekom (LSE: 0MPH.L - news) and Orange (LSE: 0OQV.L - news) …
- BUZZ-Monitise Plc: retreats further from 1-month high Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 09:27 GMT
** Monitise Plc down for second straight day and falls as much as 10.2 pct after UBS TP cut spurs more weakness after stock hit a 1-month high earlier this week ** UBS cuts TP to 65 pence from 75 pence, ...
- Will Blinkx Plc And Monitise Plc Ever Make A Profit? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 08:55 GMT
Will the bottom lines of Blinkx Plc (LON: BLNX) and Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) ever be in the black?