- BUZZ-Vodafone: Indian airwaves auction result a small positive Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 08:38 GMT
** Vodafone up 1 pct, bucking a weaker trend on the broader market, after spends 2.8 bln pounds in an Indian govt auction of airwaves ** One broker says amount allays worst fears of $5 bln ** Reflects ...
- India's top three mobile phone operators spend $13.6 bln in airwaves auction Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 15:30 GMT
MUMBAI/NEW DELHI, March 26 (Reuters) - India's top three mobile phone network operators have spent a combined $13.6 billion in a government auction of airwaves to secure almost 80 percent of the spectrum on offer, reinforcing their positions in the world's second-biggest mobile market. "The outcome of this auction ... …
- Kcom says fibre-based broadband deployment has been successful Sharecast - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 15:08 GMT
The communications and IT services provider Kcom said on Thursday its trading is in line with market expectations.
- India's Idea Cellular pays $4.8 bln for mobile airwaves, most in auction Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 10:52 GMT
Idea Cellular Ltd , India's third-biggest mobile operator by market share, spent 303.06 billion rupees to buy mobile airwaves in the country's spectrum auctions, telecoms minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said ...
- BT Group plc And Vodafone Group plc Will Be Squeezed By This Mobile Merger Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 09:19 GMT
The merger of O2 and Three could hurt one of BT Group plc (LON:BT.A) and Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD)
- MEDIA-Vodafone calls for BT to make broadband network separate company - The Guardian Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 18:12 GMT
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- Telecom Italia may revive Metroweb talks after Vodafone move-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 17:41 GMT
Telecom Italia may revive talks to take over fixed-line broadband provider Metroweb this week after rival Vodafone made a fresh attempt to buy a stake in the group, two sources close to the matter said. Metroweb is a small firm which rents out fibre optic cables but Prime Minister Matteo Renzi considers the partly state-owned …
- Vodafone CEO: no talks so far with S.Africa over Vodacom stake Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 17:21 GMT
Telecoms giant Vodafone has so far not held talks with South Africa over the London-listed firm buying Pretoria's stake in its local subsidiary Vodacom, chief executive Vittorio Colao said on Wednesday. The South African government holds a 13.91 percent stake in Vodacom, valued at 27.6 billion rand ($2.3 billion), that …
- London close: FTSE 100 pulled below 7000 by declines on US markets Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 17:21 GMT
London's FTSE 100 accelerated in the red by the end of Wednesday's session with declines in US markets offering direction to the downside.
- India raises record $17.6 bln from telecom airwaves auction Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 15:26 GMT
India raised a record $17.6 billion from the sale of mobile phone airwaves in its latest telecom spectrum auction after 19 days of fierce bidding, the country's telecoms minister said on Wednesday. Ravi Shankar Prasad said the government received bids worth almost 1.10 trillion rupees ($17.6 billion), topping the 1.06 …
- The 10 overseas shares most popular with British investors Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 12:48 GMT
More investors than ever are using their Isa and pensions to invest in firms like Apple, Google and Alibaba. Here are the 10 most popular holdings - and what it costs to buy and sell them
- Should You Sell Moneysupermarket.Com Group PLC And Buy Monitise Plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 10:41 GMT
Is it time to lock in some gains on Moneysupermarket.Com Group PLC (LON:MONY) and consider upcoming alternatives such as Monitise Plc (LON:MONI)?
- Monitise ends sale process, Buse to become sole CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:44 GMT
British mobile-banking software maker Monitise Plc (LSE: MONI.L - news) said it was no longer looking to sell itself and that its founder and co-CEO Alastair Lukies would step down, handing over full executive control to Elizabeth Buse. Monitise said it had received a number or "expressions of interest from various parties" …
- London open: FTSE 100 plays catch up with peers after previous weak finish Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:15 GMT
UK's FTSE 100 index is playing catch up with its European counterparts who outperformed it in the previous session.
- BUZZ-Monitise: No longer up for sale, co-CEO Lukies to step down Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:11 GMT
** Monitise Plc's shares down as much as 22.2 pct, after mobile-banking software maker says it is no longer looking to sell itself, and that co-CEO Alastair Lukies will step down ** Elizabeth Buse, who ...
- Monitise decides to go it alone as founder Alastair Lukies exits Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 08:31 GMT
Mobile banking firm said it will no longer try to sell itself
- Monitise decides to go it alone as founder Alaistair Lukies exits Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 08:31 GMT
Mobile banking firm said it will no longer try to sell itself
- Monitise says no longer up for sale, Buse to become sole CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 07:40 GMT
British mobile-banking software maker Monitise Plc said it was no longer looking to sell itself, and would continue streamlining its business as an independent company. The company also said its founder ...
- Myanmar 2014/15 FDI swells to $8.1 bln - govt agency Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 06:47 GMT
Foreign direct investment (FDI) into Myanmar has soared to more than $8 billion this fiscal year, $3 billion more than anticipated, owing to increased activity in the energy, manufacturing and telecoms sectors, a senior official said. Myanmar received $4.1 billion in FDI in 2013/2014 and in September announced a target …
- 3 Great Value Stocks For Your ISA: Vodafone Group plc, Old Mutual plc And Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 15:32 GMT
These 3 stocks could transform your ISA: Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Old Mutual plc (LON: OML) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)
- Battle for African Internet users stirs freedom fears Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:48 GMT
Google and Facebook are at the forefront of a scramble to win over new African Internet users, offering freebies they say give a leg-up to the poor but which critics argue is a plan to lock in customers on a continent of 1 billion people. Africa's Internet penetration will reach 50 percent by 2025 and there are expected …
- Pinnacle Technology jumps as it enters into a partnership with O2 Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 09:58 GMT
Pinnacle Technology has entered into a partnership with O2, part of Spanish telecoms company Telefonica.
- London open: Stocks post mild gains ahead of key inflation data Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 09:21 GMT
London's benchmark FTSE 100 index kicked off Tuesday's session by posting mild gains following a late recovery in Asian markets overnight and better-than-expected Eurozone data.
- London midday: FTSE 100 flutters as investors weigh up positives and negatives Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 00:16 GMT
The UK's FTSE 100 held onto Tuesday's gains as it traded in a narrow range as market participants were being pushed and pulled by a number of conflicting matters that are currently permeating through the ...
- Optimal Payments and Skrill combine in £800m deal to take on PayPal Telegraph - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 16:20 GMT
Digital wallet companies combine in £800m reverse takeover and will join FTSE 250 following move to Official List
- Why I Would Buy Vodafone Group plc And BT Group plc But Sell BG Group plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 14:54 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over FTSE 100 giants Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), BT Group plc (LON: BT.A) and BG Group (LON: BG) plc.
- Will Optimal Payments Plc Deal To Buy Skrill Group Hurt Monitise Plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 13:37 GMT
Could Optimal Payments Plc's (LON: OPAY) transformational deal hurt Monitise Plc (LON: MONI)?
- 3 Shares I Won’t Be Buying For My ISA: Lloyds Banking Group PLC, Vodafone Group plc And Blinkx Plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 08:52 GMT
Here's why Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON:LLOY), Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) and Blinkx Plc (LON:BLNX) don't make the cut for my ISA.
- Elliott seeks court help to appoint auditors on Kabel Deutschland takeover Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 18:38 GMT
Kabel Deutschland investor Elliott Management Corporation said on Friday it would ask a court to enforce the appointment of special auditors on the German company's takeover by Vodafone. Elliott, which ...
- Saskatchewan aims to ease potash tax reliance on price Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 16:33 GMT
Canada's resource-rich province of Saskatchewan will aim to reduce its complex potash tax and royalty system's basis on the price of the crop nutrient, and increase its emphasis on production volume, Bill ...
- Form 8.3 - Monitise Plc. Business Wire - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 13:15 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 8.3 PUBLIC OPENING POSITION DISCLOSURE/DEALING DISCLOSURE BY A PERSON WITH INTERESTS IN RELEVANT SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code (the “Code”) ...
- Saskatchewan sees slim 2015-16 surplus, hikes potash taxes Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 22:07 GMT
The Western Canadian province of Saskatchewan expects to post a slim budget surplus in the 2015-16 fiscal year, helped by changes in how it taxes potash mining companies, the government said on Wednesday. Premier Brad Wall's right-leaning Saskatchewan Party government raised spending 1.2 percent to C$14.17 billion ($11.10 …
- Thursday preview: Next unveils full-year results Sharecast - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 16:46 GMT
Fashion retailer Next reports its full-year results on Thursday with analysts expecting an increase in earnings, supported by online sales.
- 1 Big Reason Why You Shouldn’t Buy Vodafone Group plc For Your ISA Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 13:55 GMT
Vodafone Group plc's (LON: VOD) uncovered dividend payout could be cut at any time.
- India's mobile carriers stare at costly victory as bandwidth sale ends Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 08:23 GMT
India's cellphone operators are snatching up precious bandwidth in a government sale, paying top dollar for spectrum to roll out high-speed coverage across the country. For India's wireless carriers, the auction is the only way to renew expiring 20-year leases and build the extra capacity needed ahead of an anticipated …