- Vodafone-owned Kabel Deutschland applies to delist Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
German cable operator Kabel Deutschland has applied to delist from the Frankfurt stock market, it said on Thursday, following its acquisition by Vodafone. Kabel Deutschland said it expected trading would ...
- Time To Buy These 5 FTSE 100 Mega Stocks: Burberry Group PLC, Centrica PLC, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC, National Grid plc & Vodafone Group plc Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
You could make mega money from investing in Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY), Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), Imperial Tobacco Group plc (LON: IMT), National Grid plc (LON: NG) and Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), ...
- London close: FTSE rises as disappointing US data impacts rate hike expectations Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE ended higher on Wednesday after worse-than-estimated US economic data pushed back expectations of an interest rate increase by the Federal Reserve.
- FTSE 100 movers: Ashtead jumps on strong interims; Glencore, BP in the red Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 16:10 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was up 1% to 6,116 at 1423 BST in a choppy session as stocks rebounded from weakness on Tuesday.
- FTSE 250 movers: Halfords punctured after trading update Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 15:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 was down slightly, with the index of mid-cap shares down 16.3 points, or 0.10% at 16,813.
- Is It Time To Cash In On Antofagasta plc, Randgold Resources Limited & Monitise Plc Following August’s Advance? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 12:52 BST
Royston Wild examines the share price prospects of Antofagasta plc (LON: ANTO), Randgold Resources Limited (LON: RRS) and Monitise Plc (LON: MONI).
- London open: Stocks recover from previous session's losses Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 10:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks recovered ground on Wednesday after a batch of weak manufacturing data sent stocks lower in the previous session.
- London midday: Rebound in stocks fade as UK construction PMI misses forecasts Sharecast - Wed, Sep 2, 2015 01:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - The early rebound in London stocks on Wednesday faded at midday after worse-than-expected data on UK construction activity.
- London open: Stocks open lower on weak Chinese manufacturing data Sharecast - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 12:53 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks opened in the red on Tuesday after weak Chinese manufacturing data fuelled concerns about the world's second largest economy.
- Why You Can’t Go Wrong With Talktalk Telecom Group PLC And Vodafone Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 10:20 BST
Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (LON: TALK) and Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD) are two defensive plays for your portfolio.
- London midday: Disappointing UK and Chinese PMIs send stocks lower Sharecast - Tue, Sep 1, 2015 01:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday after disappointing Chinese and UK manufacturing data.
- Branson-Backed OneWeb Eyes $2.5bn Launchpad Sky News - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 18:08 BST
A satellite venture designed to provide low-cost internet access to billions of people and backed by Sir Richard Branson is preparing to raise billions of dollars as it seeks to get off the launchpad. Sky News has learnt that OneWeb, whose shareholders include some of the world’s biggest companies, is to hold a beauty …
- Spain says to launch mobile phone frequency auction soon Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Aug 31, 2015 15:21 BST
Spain will soon launch an auction of mobile phone frequencies in the 2.6 GHz band, the government said on Monday, allowing operators to improve their 4G network coverage. The 2.6 GHz band allows mobile phone operators to improve reception in buildings and broaden 4G coverage, so it could be attractive for operators that …
- FTSE 100 ends the week on a high note after China-driven carnage Telegraph - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 19:01 BST
This week has brought the worst price swings since the eurozone crisis swept the world's markets
- Russia's Proton rocket flights resume with Inmarsat satellite Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 15:37 BST
Russia's Proton carrier rockets resumed flight on Friday with the successful launch from Kazakhstan of one transporting a satellite for British company Inmarsat (Other OTC: IMASF - news) after the failure of a mission in May. Inmarsat's launch slot from the Baikonur Cosmodrome was delayed by the failure of an identical …
- BUZZ-Inmarsat: rocket launch sends satellite firm to top of FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 15:21 BST
** Inmarsat easily top FTSE 100 riser after launch of its third Global Xpress satellite ** This will allow it to offer mobile broadband service to customers in the remotest regions, giving airline passengers ...
- Vodafone Turkey plans to pay 4G price from group resources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 14:46 BST
Vodafone Turkey plans to pay the 778 million euro ($877 million)purchase price of five new 4G mobile phone frequencies with cash from its parent company this year, its local chief executive said on Friday. The Turkish arm of Vodafone Plc this week secured the bandwiths for enhanced mobile data and voice services in a government …
- Vodafone India joins 4G race, to launch services by year end Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 28, 2015 08:35 BST
Vodafone India said on Friday it would launch fourth-generation (4G) mobile phone services in the country by the end of the year, joining rival Bharti Airtel (BSE: BHARTIARTL4.BO - news) in offering faster data services. India's telecommunications market is bracing for heated competition from Reliance Jio, the telecoms …
- Is It Game Over For Blinkx Plc And Monitise Plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 15:06 BST
Have Blinkx Plc (LON: BLNX) and Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) blown their early mover advantage?
- Liberty Global CEO: no timeframe on talks with Vodafone Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 12:11 BST
There was no timeframe for talks between telecommunications group Liberty Global and rival Vodafone on swapping assets from the two global companies' portfolios, the former's chief executive officer said ...
- Can You Bank On 5%+ Yields From Vodafone Group plc, EVRAZ plc and Carillion plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 12:07 BST
Should investors top up holdings in Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), EVRAZ plc (LON:EVR) and Carillion plc (LON:CLLN) after recent falls?
- London open: Stocks rise as China concerns ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 10:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks on Thursday dusted off the previous day's slump as concerns on China's shrinking economy persisted.
- London midday: Stocks regain strength as China woes ease Sharecast - Thu, Aug 27, 2015 01:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - The UK equities market was looking brighter on Thursday as worries on the China slowdown eased after the central bank injected fresh stimulus.
- London close: Stocks drop as investors dwell on China slowdown Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 19:28 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK equities dropped on Wednesday as China's economic slowdown continued to weigh on investors' minds.
- Turkey's 4G tender outstrips predictions with bids of 4 bln euros Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 17:06 BST
Turkey's auction of 4G mobile phone frequencies lured a higher than expected 3.96 billion euros ($4.5 billion) worth of bids, the agency running the process said on Wednesday, showing the appeal of Turkey's youthful and growing market. The bids from Britain's Vodafone, and Turkish duo Avea and Turkcell, the only three …
- Is Now The Perfect Time To Buy Vodafone Group plc, National Grid plc And NEXT plc? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 15:02 BST
Should you pile into Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), National Grid plc (LON:NG) and NEXT plc (LON:NXT)?
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Century Aluminum, Express Inc, Frontline Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 14:52 BST
U.S. stock indexes were up on Wednesday. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 2.16 percent at 16,005.07, the S&P 500 was up 2.20 percent at 1,908.77 and the Nasdaq Composite was up 2.39 percent at 4,613.98. ...
- . Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 13:19 BST
- UPDATE 1-Vodafone, Avea, Turkcell offer highest bids in Turkey's 4G tender Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 13:07 BST
Britain's Vodafone and Turkish firms Avea and Turkcell were the highest bidders in tenders for Turkey's fourth-generation (4G) network, the tender commission chairman said on Wednesday. The 800 Mhz bandwidth to be used for the 4G network has been divided into packages, to be divided up broadly equally between the operators. …
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Cameron, Transocean, Oshkosh, Sarepta Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 12:49 BST
U.S. stock index e-mini futures were up on Wednesday: Dow Jones industrial average futures were up 1.63 percent at 15,976, S&P 500 futures were up 1.71 percent at 1,904.75 and Nasdaq 100 futures were up ...
- Morgan Stanley recommends adding exposure to European stocks Sharecast - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 11:38 BST
(ShareCast News) - The ongoing weakness in emerging markets and China won't significantly dent the European economy, Morgan Stanley said in its most recent equity strategy note.
- Optimal Payments Plc’s Profits Jump, But Are Paypoint plc Or Monitise Plc Better Buys? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Aug 26, 2015 09:48 BST
Optimal Payments Plc (LON: OPAY) is surging ahead but could Paypoint plc (LON: PAY) or Monitise Plc (LON: MONI) be better picks?
- It’s Time For Some Bargain Hunting At Vodafone Group plc, Just Eat PLC, Ted Baker plc & Greggs plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 16:28 BST
Royston Wild explains the merits of investing in Vodafone Group plc (LON: VOD), Just Eat PLC (LON: JE), Ted Baker plc (LON: TED) and Greggs plc (LON: GRG).
- London open: Stocks rebound as investors shrug off Chinese woes Sharecast - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 10:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks snapped 10 consecutive days of declines on Tuesday, shrugging off a second day of falls in Chinese stocks on worries over slowing growth in the world's second largest economy....
- London midday: Stocks rally as China slashes interest rates Sharecast - Tue, Aug 25, 2015 01:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks advanced as China slashed interest rates for the fifth time since November in an effort to turnaround the retreat in the market.