- Coast Guard to decide if storm-damaged cruise ship can sail Associated Press - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 20:12 GMT
- Week ahead: EU council meeting to kick-off countdown to referendum Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 17:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - European affairs will matter more than ever in the coming week, with investors and even the average man on the street expected to keep close tabs on the outcome of the European Council ...
- Fuel van without driver strikes plane at Boston airport Associated Press - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 16:03 GMT
BOSTON (AP) — A fuel van has struck a plane at Boston's Logan Airport, damaging the jet but causing no injuries to the passengers.
- Greene King's newest director buys in to company Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Greene King's newest director has put his money behind the company he'll chair later this year.
- Consumer companies' outperformance no longer guaranteed by cheap oil Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:56 GMT
This means those companies may not be as much of a safe haven investment as they used to be in times of low commodities prices or economic stress. Since 2008, food and beverage stocks have offered a 142 percent total shareholder return, nearly double that of the market overall, according to Thomson Reuters (Dusseldorf: …
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 13:17 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Young & Co.’s Brewery, P.L.C. (the “Company”) Notification pursuant to AIM Rule 17 Circumstances giving rise to the notification On Monday, 14 December 2015, the Company issued ...
- Friday newspaper share tips: Confidence over Informa's future earning Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 13:16 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Times' Tempus is confident about Informa's future and the ability to raise earnings again, though acknowledged some investors might be tempted to take profits.
- Are City Analysts Wrong About Shire PLC, easyJet plc And International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:08 GMT
Shares in Shire PLC (LON:SHP), easyJet plc (LON:EZJ) and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA (LON:IAG) have fallen heavily in 2016. Is this a buying opportunity?
- FTSE 250 movers: Tate & Lyle, Henderson Group fall after results Sharecast - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 16:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 plunged on Thursday, down 289.81 points (1.87%) to 15,222.73 by mid-afternoon.
- Enterprise Inns boss dismisses fears over £350m junk bond Telegraph - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 14:50 GMT
Simon Townsend said investor worries about the pub company's debt obligations were misplaced
- Are Earnings Set To Soar At Aviva plc, Halma plc & Enterprise Inns plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 14:16 GMT
Royston Wild examines the growth prospects of Aviva plc (LON: AV), Halma plc (LON: HLMA) and Enterprise Inns plc (LON: ETI).
- Grainger PLC, Thomas Cook Group plc And Solo Oil PLC: Should You Buy On Today’s News? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 13:20 GMT
Do today's updates strengthen the investment case for Grainger PLC (LON: GRI), Thomas Cook Group plc (LON: TCG) and Solo Oil PLC (LON: SOLO)?
- Thomas Cook says bookings recovering after security concerns Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 11:23 GMT
Tourism group Thomas Cook said bookings were recovering after customers delayed making holiday plans following attacks in Paris last November and in Istanbul in January, which have caused demand for trips to Turkey to plunge. Last year there were also attacks in Egypt and Tunisia, making tourists wary of those previously …
- Issue of Debt Business Wire - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 11:00 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DMO-TAS041/1792/004 Eastcheap Court 11 Philpot Lane London EC3M 8UD T 020 7862 6500 F 020 7862 6509 www.dmo.gov.uk A016\16 11 February 2016 PRESS NOTICE RESULT ...
- Enterprise Inns on track for full year expectations as income grows Sharecast - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 08:40 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Enterprise Inns has seen like-for-like net income in its leased and tenanted estate grow 1.6% for the 19 weeks to 6 February 2016.
- Thomas Cook sticks to guidance after Q1 improvement Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 07:18 GMT
Tourism group Thomas Cook stuck to its guidance for the year, after reporting a narrower loss in its first quarter, as demand for holidays grew in the typically less busy winter period when fewer Europeans take holidays. 31, Thomas Cook said its underlying operating loss improved by 11 percent to 49 million pounds ($71 …
- Norwegian Air swings to bigger than expected Q4 operating profit Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 06:23 GMT
Budget airline Norwegian Air Shuttle (Taiwan: 2405.TW - news) reported fourth-quarter earnings above expectations on Thursday and kept its outlook for growth in capacity this year, while costs were seen lower. Norwegian, Europe's third-biggest budget airline by passenger numbers after Ryanair and easyJet, has launched …
- Republican Christie assesses future of White House bid Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 19:29 GMT
Republican Chris Christie considered the future of his struggling U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . A disappointing sixth-place finish in Tuesday's New (KOSDAQ: 160550.KQ - news) Hampshire nominating contest raised doubts about the combative New Jersey governor's viability as a candidate for the Nov. 8 presidential election. …
- Trump for president? Ladbrokes odds improve after New Hampshire Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 14:41 GMT
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's odds at winning the White House improved significantly after his decisive victory in Tuesday's primary in New Hampshire, online betting site Ladbrokes PLC said on Wednesday. Trump's odds for winning the presidency in the November election are now 9/2, compared to 7/1 following …
- 3 Major Movers Worth Buying Today? Domino’s Pizza Group PLC, Pinewood Group PLC And CPP Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 12:08 GMT
Is now the perfect time to buy Domino's Pizza Group PLC (LON: DOM), Pinewood Group PLC (LON: PWS) and CPP Group Plc (LON: CPP)?
- 25%+ Gains Are On For AstraZeneca plc, Greene King plc And Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 09:44 GMT
These 3 stocks have huge upside potential: AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Greene King plc (LON: GNK) and Prudential plc (LON: PRU).
- Disneyland Paris visitor numbers down since attacks AFP - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 22:49 GMT
- Britons shun Disneyland Paris following terrorist attack Telegraph - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 22:28 GMT
Theme park reveals 8pc drop in visitor numbers but Disney profits jump
- London close: Losses in commodity space weigh on Footsie Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 18:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index finished in the red as losses overnight in Japanese equities filtered through into the European session, with weakness in the market for US energy companies' ...
- London midday: Stocks see follow-through selling from Asian session Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 13:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index had slipped into the red come midday as weakness overnight in Japanese equities filtred through into the European session, with weakness in US high-yield debt ...
- TUI looks to new holiday destinations as Turkey bookings slump Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 09:44 GMT
TUI Group, the world's largest tour operator, reported a 40 percent drop in bookings to Turkey this summer due to safety concerns and said it was investing in Cape Verde and Bulgaria as alternatives to security-threatened North Africa. Turkey is especially popular with German tourists, but has seen demand slump after a …
- TUI Group says summer bookings for Turkey slump 40 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 06:09 GMT
TUI Group, the world's largest tour operator, said bookings to Turkey this summer were down around 40 percent due to security concerns, as it reported a narrower first-quarter loss on Tuesday. Terror attacks ...
- Tuesday preview: Light economic and corporate calendar may see lull in selling Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The economic calendar for Tuesday was quite sparse, which might provide a respite from selling for global financial markets ahead of Fed chair Janet Yellen´s semi-annual testimony before ...
- Should You Follow Warren Buffett’s Advice And Avoid Airline Shares? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 16:27 GMT
Have airlines finally sorted out the secret recipe for long term growth?
- The week ahead in business and finance Telegraph - Sun, Feb 7, 2016 20:59 GMT
Economic and corporate news expected from Monday, February 8 to Friday, February 12
- Tattoos, martial arts and poker? Casinos wooing millennials Associated Press - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 23:30 GMT
- Airbus in talks to delay some A320neo deliveries - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 18:32 GMT
Airbus is renegotiating delivery schedules for its revamped A320neo jet and has told some airlines it will be delayed by about two months, industry sources said. The European planemaker missed a 2015 target for delivering the first aircraft, an upgraded fuel-saving version of its best-selling medium-haul jet, by a few …
- London close: Stocks end lower on disappointing non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 17:08 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 closed in the red on Friday as the US non-farm payrolls report came in worse than anticipated.
- FTSE 250 movers: Market turns on US job data Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 16:32 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 was still in the green mid-afternoon on Friday by 10.29 points (0.06%) at 6,097.02, but the second-tier market was tracking downwards.
- Friday broker round-up Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 15:12 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Enterprise Inns: Barclays downgrades to underweight with a target of 80p.