- After Tunisia attack, sun-seekers switch to Spain, Bulgaria and Greece Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
Fearing for their safety in Tunisia after a gunman killed dozens of tourists, sun-seeking Europeans are switching to destinations such as Spain, Bulgaria or even Greece for holidays this year. Tunisia's tourism industry had been recovering after the Arab Spring unrest, and had become a popular lower-cost beach holiday …
- Week ahead: All eyes on Greece (and the US dollar) Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 20:41 BST
The very short-term outlook for financial markets has grown more uncertain, but that may throw up some investment opportunities.
- FTSE 250 movers: Auto Trader Group surges on broker intitiation, energy stocks lower Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 16:41 BST
Mid-caps edged lower on Friday, with weakness in the oil, mining and telecommunications sectors providing a drag on the market.
- Broker Tips: BP, FirstGroup, 888 Holdings, Ladbrokes, BAE Systems Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 14:06 BST
Goldman Sachs raised its price targets on BP to 376p from 364p and $34.5 from $33.1, respectively, following the company's settlement over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but retained its 'sell' rating ...
- TUI sells stake in Greek hotel chain Grecotel Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 13:41 BST
Tour operator TUI Group has sold its 50 percent stake in Greek hotel chain Grecotel to its partner, saying on Friday the move was part of a strategy to focus more on its own brand. TUI said its withdrawal, ...
- FORM 38.5(b) - AER LINGUS GROUP PLC Business Wire - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 11:54 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FORM 38.5(b) IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 38.5(b) OF THE IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL ACT, 1997, TAKEOVER RULES, 2013 DEALINGS BY CONNECTED EXEMPT PRINCIPAL ...
- FirstGroup drops after UBS downgrade to 'sell' Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 10:53 BST
Shares in FirstGroup fell 3% after UBS downgraded the stock to 'sell' from 'neutral', pointing to the recent strong rally in the share price to a level above its fair value.
- Exane BNP Paribas lifts target price on Ladbrokes, holds 'outperform' rating post strategy update Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 10:10 BST
Exane BNP Paribas has reiterated an 'outperform' rating on gambling house Ladbrokes and lifted its target price 8% from 125p to 135p off its recent strategy update.
- Greece crisis live: Banks will run out of money on Monday morning as Tsipras urges Greece to reject "blackmail" Telegraph - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 08:41 BST
Yes and No voters come out in force in Athens tonight after it is revealed Brussels tried to block IMF report calling for Greek debt relief
- London midday: Banks, miners slip as risk appetite declines ahead of Greek vote Sharecast - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 01:23 BST
UK stocks slipped on a quiet Friday, with US markets closed ahead of the Fourth of July holiday and as investor sentiment remained driven by Sunday's upcoming referendum in Greece.
- Friday preview: UK services data in focus on quiet day Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:15 BST
Friday is set to be an extremely quiet day on the markets due to the closure of US stock exchanges and a thin economic data calendar, along with a dearth of scheduled company results.
- London close: BP leads UK stocks higher, but other markets slip Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:10 BST
Decent gains from blue chips BP and Dixons Carphone helped UK markets to rise on Thursday, bucking the negative trend seen across Europe as investors started to trim positions ahead of a pivotal weekend ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Jimmy Choo boosted by Barclays coverage, Synthomer lower on disappointing profits Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 17:26 BST
Mid-caps were trading slightly higher on Thursday, though weakness in the industrial metals, transport and technology provided a drag on gains.
- Pierre & Vacances in MOU with China's HNA Tourism Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 15:44 BST
Center Parcs Europe resorts owner Pierre & Vacances and China's HNA Tourism "In China, the strategic purpose of the partnership is to create destinations matching the rising demand of the urban population ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 11:23 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Young & Co.’s Brewery, P.L.C. (the “Company”) Notification pursuant to rule 17 of the AIM Rules Today, Thursday, 2 July 2015, the Company was notified by Peter Whitehead, one of ...
- Issue of Debt Business Wire - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 11:05 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DMO-TAS041/1712/004 Eastcheap Court 11 Philpot Lane London EC3M 8UD T 020 7862 6500 F 020 7862 6509 www.dmo.gov.uk 2 July 2015 PRESS NOTICE ...
- Shares To Buy On Market Dips: Unilever plc, Whitbread plc, Shire PLC & Diageo plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 09:09 BST
A weak stock market could put quality firms on sale, such as Unilever plc (LON: ULVR), Whitbread plc (LON: WTB) Shire PLC (LON: SHP) and Diageo plc (LON: DGE)
- London midday: Stocks rise after UK construction data, but gains limited Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 01:22 BST
The FTSE 100 edged higher on Thursday after a strong reading of UK construction activity, though gains were limited amid ongoing uncertainty in Greece and ahead of a closely-followed report on the US labour ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Teladoc, Comstock, Peabody, WPCS Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 18:57 BST
U.S. stocks shed some of their gains on Wednesday after euro zone finance ministers put off further bailout talks until after Sunday's referendum in Greece. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.58 ...
- Thursday preview: US non-farm payrolls to steal the show Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 17:33 BST
Along with the usual tug-and-way battle between Greece and its creditors that is likely to continue on Thursday, the all-important US employment report will still probably grab a few headlines.
- BUZZ-InterContinental Hotels Group Plc: MKM Partners upgrades to "buy" Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 16:30 BST
** British hotel operator's U.S.-listed shares up 2.3 pct at $41.40 ** MKM Partners raises rating to "buy" from "neutral", PT to $50 from $45, saying company is likely participant in ...
- Greene King sales climb as it completes Spirit acquisition Telegraph - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 11:33 BST
Retail sales have broken the £1bn mark as deal makes company the biggest managed pub group in the UK
- London open: FTSE rebounds after sell-off as Greece defaults Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 10:37 BST
UK stock markets advanced on Wednesday morning, bouncing back after a Greece-inspired sell-off pushed the FTSE 100 to a new five-month low the previous session.
- London pre-open: Stocks to bounce despite Greek default on IMF loan Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 09:00 BST
UK stocks are expected to bounce off a five-month low on Wednesday despite Greece becoming the first developed economy to default on a repayment to the IMF.
- Bullet holes and empty beaches: the bleak outlook for Tunisia's tourism Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 08:53 BST
Tunisian shopkeeper Aghmi Bubaker doesn't need to be told that he is experiencing the worst threat yet to his forty-year career in tourism - the bullet hole in his battered green Mercedes Benz is a daily reminder. Last Friday when a gunman attacked the Imperial Marhaba hotel in Sousse in the name of Islamist militancy, …
- Greene King posts record retail revenue but full-year pre-tax profit drops Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 08:43 BST
Pub group Greene King reported record retail revenue in its full-year results, although profit fell on the back of lower like-for-like sales and the impact of the disposal of 275 pubs to Hawthorn Leisure....
- Greece crisis: Tsipras promises to hold vote - as it happened Telegraph - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 08:39 BST
Greek PM takes to television promising a popular vote as new poll shows "no" vote support at 57pc
- British brewer Greene King's full-year profit beats expectations Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 08:15 BST
British pubs operator Greene King Plc reported a better-than-expected full-year profit and said revenue from its retail business crossed 1 billion pounds for the first time. Greene King, which operates ...
- London midday: Stocks surge on Greek deal hopes, but uncertainties remain Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 01:17 BST
Decent gains in the banking and travel sectors gave UK stocks a boost on Wednesday as sentiment was buoyed by hopes of a possible bailout deal in Greece.
- Ladbrokes to leverage betting shops to boost online punters Telegraph - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 20:59 BST
It is understood that the bookmaker's delayed business review will outline plans to use its in-shop Wi-Fi to encourage punters to use its digital products
- FTSE 250 movers: Home Retail group surges on upgrade, miners lower Sharecast - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 16:45 BST
Mid-caps continued to decline on Tuesday, as gains made in the real estate sector were offset by weakness from telecommunications, technology and mining stocks.
- Aer Lingus Form 38.5(b) Business Wire - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 10:24 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Ap27 FORM 38.5(b) IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 38.5(b) OF THE IRISH TAKEOVER PANEL ACT, 1997, TAKEOVER RULES, 2013 DEALINGS BY CONNECTED EXEMPT PRINCIPAL TRADERS ...
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 08:37 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Young & Co.’s Brewery, P.L.C. (the “Company”) Notification pursuant to 5.6.1R of the Disclosure and Transparency Rules As at today’s date, the Company’s issued share capital consists ...
- Cheniere moving ahead with condensate export terminal in Texas Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 20:47 BST
Cheniere Energy Inc (AMEX: LNG - news) is moving ahead with a $550 million export terminal in Texas that will ship processed condensate to international markets, a top executive said on Monday. In addition, the terminal will be able to export any type of domestic oil if the decades-old U.S. crude export ban is ever lifted, …
- London close: FTSE sinks to five-month low as final act of Greek drama unfolds Sharecast - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 18:21 BST
Heavy falls in the travel, tourism and financial sectors prompted a 2% plunge on the FTSE 100 on Monday as investor sentiment was hammered by concerns about the future of Greece and the wider Eurozone....