- Why Lloyds Banking Group PLC & Marstons PLC Offer Irresistible Bang For Your Buck! Fool.co.uk - 19 hours ago
Royston Wild considers investment prospects of Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON: LLOY) and Marstons PLC (LON: MARS).
- Is There Hidden Value In Tesco PLC, Nanoco Group PLC & Enterprise Inns plc? Fool.co.uk - 20 hours ago
Could investors make big profits by buying Tesco PLC (LON:TSCO), Nanoco Group PLC (LON:NANO) and Enterprise Inns plc (LON:ETI)?
- London open: Mining stocks lead FTSE higher amid lack of data Sharecast - 23 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks opened on the front foot on Thursday, led by mining stocks, amid no notable economic data releases as traders in the US took a break for Thanksgiving.
- Anglo American retreats after call to slash dividend Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 19:50 GMT
Shares in Anglo American plunge by more than 8pc after HSBC downgrades the miner's rating from "hold" to "reduce".
- London close: FTSE boosted by housebuilding stocks after Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday with housebuilding stocks leading the way after Chancellor George Osborne announced measures to support the sector in his joint Spending Review and Autumn ...
- FTSE 100 movers: Housebuilders rally on spending review; Anglo slumps on downgrade Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 15:58 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was up 1% to 6,340.12, with housebuilders leading the charge as investors cheered Chancellor George Osborne's new plans for the sector.
- FTSE 250 movers: Thomas Cook leads market as it returns to profit Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:43 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Government's autumn statement and spending review didn't do anything to stop the FTSE 250 start to reverse the week's falls.
- London open: Stocks rebound ahead of Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 11:32 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks rebounded on Wednesday ahead of Chancellor George Osborne's joint Spending Review and Autumn Statement.
- Thomas Cook says holiday demand rises despite security fears Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 10:06 GMT
Britain's Thomas Cook (Xetra: A0MR3W - news) said demand for its holidays was ahead of last year, defying market worries that security concerns would dent European appetite for foreign travel. Shares in Thomas Cook, Europe's second largest holiday company behind TUI Group bounced 8.5 percent to 106.7 pence by 1002 GMT. …
- Are AstraZeneca plc & Thomas Cook Group plc ‘Screaming Buys’? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 10:00 GMT
Should you buy AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN) and Thomas Cook Group plc (LON: TCG) right now?
- Thomas Cook confident on 2016, flags possible payout restart Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 07:19 GMT
British holiday company Thomas Cook said confidence in its progress in the current financial year meant it could restart dividend payments in early 2017, as it reported an expected 4 percent drop in annual ...
- London midday: Housebuilders hoist FTSE ahead of Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 00:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was given a boost by housebuilding shares on Wednesday ahead of Chancellor George Osborne's Autumn Statement, which is expected to reveal an investment of just under ...
- Flight bookings, travel stocks fall as warnings rise after attacks Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 22:48 GMT
Heightened travel risks stemming from the recent militant attacks in Paris have depressed flight bookings to the French capital and other destinations, sending travel stocks lower as fears grow of a lengthy slump. The unrest is causing leisure and business travelers to cancel or reconsider travel, with spillover to other …
- European shares fall as tension grows after Russian jet downed Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 17:48 GMT
European shares dropped to one-week lows on Tuesday as mounting geopolitical tensions following the downing of a Russian warplane near the Syrian border pushed investors out of risky assets like equities. ...
- Billionaire defiant in face of Ladbrokes defeat Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 17:21 GMT
Dermot Desmond has pledged to continue his fight against Ladbrokes' merger with rival Coral, despite sharholders voting overwhelmingly in favour of the deal
- Desmond fights on after Ladbrokes shareholders back Gala Coral deal Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 15:28 GMT
Shareholders in British bookmaker Ladbrokes (LSE: LAD.L - news) strongly backed its planned merger with rival Gala Coral on Tuesday but rebel investor Dermot Desmond vowed to fight on. Ladbrokes agreed the 2.3 billion pound ($3.5 billion) all-share merger in July to give it the clout to make a bigger splash online, where …
- Ladbrokes Overcomes Investor Hurdle To Merger Sky News - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 15:12 GMT
Ladbrokes (LSE: LAD.L - news) shareholders have voted overwhelmingly in favour of a £2.3bn merger with rival Gala Coral, despite opposition from one high-profile investor. At a general meeting in London to vote on the tie-up, the holders of 96.36% of Ladbrokes stock backed the deal - which was first revealed in the summe …
- Ladbrokes shareholders overwhelmingly approve Gala Coral deal Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 14:12 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Ladbrokes shareholders have approved the FTSE 250 bookmaker's planned merger with Gala Coral.
- Can Dart Group PLC (+73%), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (+33%) & Breedon Aggregates Ltd (+38%) Deliver Again In 2016? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 13:45 GMT
Can Dart Group PLC (LON: DTG), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON: DLG) and Breedon Aggregates Ltd (LON: BREE) continue to outperform.
- Will The Stand-Off Between Russia And Turkey Hurt easyJet plc & BBA Aviation plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 13:30 GMT
Will BBA Aviation plc (LON: BBA) and easyJet plc's (LON: EZJ) sales suffer after today's events?
- Should You Buy Hill & Smith Holdings PLC, Kingfisher plc And Cineworld Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 13:18 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over headline makers Hill & Smith Holdings PLC (LON: HILS), Kingfisher plc (LON: KGF) and Cineworld Group plc (LON: CINE).
- Ladbrokes shareholders overwhelmingly back Gala Coral takeover Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 13:10 GMT
Shareholders in bookmaker Ladbrokes (LSE: LAD.L - news) backed its 2.3 billion pound ($3.5 billion) tie-up with Gala Coral, a deal it hopes will give it the clout to make a bigger splash online where it has been outgunned by rivals. The holders of 96 percent of Ladbrokes shares voted to approve the deal at a meeting on …
- Tourism-related shares drag down European stocks, Zodiac slumps Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 11:47 GMT
European shares dropped to a one-week low on Tuesday, with disappointing updates from companies such as Zodiac Aerospace and a blow to tourism stocks from a U.S. travel warning putting pressure on the ...
- Are Rio Tinto plc, Compass Group plc & Intertek Group plc Set To Post Stellar Returns? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 11:03 GMT
Are these 3 stocks worth buying right now? Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO), Compass Group plc (LON: CPG) and Intertek Group plc (LON: ITRK)
- Travel stocks hit by slump in flight bookings since Paris attacks Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 10:21 GMT
The number of new flight bookings to Paris have fallen by 27pc since the attacks on November 13
- Compass Group aims to maintain 5 percent revenue growth Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 10:09 GMT
Compass Group (Other OTC: CMPGF - news) , the world's biggest catering firm, aims to maintain its organic revenue growth rate of 5 percent after reporting a 5.8 percent rise in full-year underlying revenue on the back of strong demand in the United States. Chief Executive Richard Cousins told Reuters on Tuesday he saw …
- Cineworld posts increase in revenue, remains upbeat over full year goals Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:43 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Cinema operator Cineworld Group reported an increase in its pro forma revenue in the first 46 weeks of the year, boosted by strong performances across the board.
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:24 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Young & Co.’s Brewery, P.L.C. (the “Company”) Notification pursuant to AIM Rule 17 comprising a notification relating to a major interest in A shares of 12.5p each in the Company’s ...
- London open: Stocks decline ahead of Carney's testimony, US GDP Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 09:17 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks declined on Tuesday morning ahead of Bank of England governor Mark Carney's testimony to the Treasury Select Committee.
- BUZZ-Slump in bookings post-Paris dents travel stocks Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 08:54 GMT
** European travel stocks fall as evidence of slower bookings post-Paris terror attacks continues to mount ** Traders cite data from ForwardKeys suggesting new flight bookings to Paris down 25 pct in the ...
- Mitchells & Butlers restores dividend but warns on ‘soft’ trading Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 08:34 GMT
Owner of All Bar One and Toby Carvery offers first dividend payout since 2008
- Mitchells & Butlers says terrorism fears have weighed on trading Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 08:34 GMT
Owner of All Bar One and Toby Carvery said that consumers' worries about attacks had contributed to disappointing trading in recent weeks
- Compass Group says positive for year ahead Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 07:21 GMT
Compass Group, the world's biggest catering firm, said it was positive for the year ahead after reporting a 5.8 percent rise in underlying revenue on the back of strong demand in the United States. Compass, ...
- London close: Stocks end lower as investors weigh disappointing US data Sharecast - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks ended lower on Monday as traders scrutinised US data that missed forecasts.
- Should You Buy Last Week’s Losers easyJet plc, Randgold Resources Limited & Poundland Group PLC? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 15:22 GMT
Royston Wild runs the rule over recent casualties easyJet plc (LON: EZJ), Randgold Resources Limited (LON: RRS) and Poundland Group PLC (LON: PLND).