- Will Thomas Cook Group plc outperform easyJet plc and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA following today’s results? Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Should you buy Thomas Cook Group plc (LON: TCG) ahead of easyJet plc (LON: EZJ) and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA (LON: IAG)?
- Issue of Debt Business Wire - 3 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DMO-TAS031/1881/005 Eastcheap Court 11 Philpot Lane London EC3M 8UD T 020 7862 6500 F 020 7862 6509 www.dmo.gov.uk 27 September 2016 ...
- European shares advance after one-week lows, Carnival leads Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
European shares rose on Tuesday as Democrat Hillary Clinton was perceived by financial market participants to be the winner of the first U.S. presidential debate, although equities traded off day's highs ...
- Britain's Thomas Cook sticks to outlook despite Turkey disruption Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
British travel company Thomas Cook stuck to its annual profit guidance on Tuesday, after strong demand for summer holidays to destinations other than Turkey helped offset pressure on the group. Exposure to Turkey, the group's second most popular destination in 2015, has dragged on Thomas Cook (Frankfurt: A0MR3W - news) …
- Britain's Thomas Cook sticks to annual guidance Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
- Driver ticketed in NY Lincoln Tunnel crash that injured 44 Associated Press - 17 hours ago
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — A bus driver has been ticketed for an unsafe lane change after two New Jersey Transit buses headed to New York's Port Authority Bus Terminal collided in the Lincoln Tunnel, injuring 44 people.
- Fed seeks more capital from big banks, relief for regional lenders Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
The Federal Reserve will seek significantly more capital from the largest U.S. banks and give some relief to smaller lenders as it updates its annual stress test, Fed Governor Daniel Tarullo said on Monday. The reforms will include a new capital buffer to better protect the financial system from a shock at the nation's …
- BUZZ-U.S. Financials: Pressure mounts amid post-FOMC disappointment Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
** Since peaking in early Sept, Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund eroding back to its early Aug breakout point. Should then snap higher, else threaten failed advance, refocus on major support ** Financials, ...
- Fed will seek more capital from largest U.S. banks -Tarullo Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
The Federal Reserve will seek significantly more capital from the largest U.S. banks and give some relief to smaller banks as it considers reforms to its annual 'stress test,' Fed Governor Daniel Tarullo said on Monday. The reforms will include a new capital 'buffer' to better protect the financial system from a shock …
- Florida-bound airliner makes emergency landing in New York Associated Press - 23 hours ago
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A Florida-bound Spirit Airlines jet with 142 people aboard has made a safe emergency landing in New York after a reported mechanical problem.
- Air Berlin eyes big shake-up in bid to restore finances - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Sep 26, 2016 13:08 BST
FRANKFURT/BERLIN, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Loss-ridden German airline Air Berlin (LSE: 0GPE.L - news) is in talks over a broad restructuring that could halve its fleet and cut 1,000 mainly sales and marketing jobs to shore up its finances and restore profitability, industry sources said on Monday. Air Berlin and shareholder …
- BUZZ-InterContinental Hotels: bottom of the FTSE as broker questions US revenues Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Sep 26, 2016 08:39 BST
** InterContinental Hotels falls 3.8 pct after Morgan Stanley downgrades to "underweight" from "equalweight" ** Broker says it expects US revenue growth to continue to weaken ** Airbnb ...
- Restored historic ship returning to once-devastated seaport Associated Press - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 17:13 BST
- German airline TUIfly says no plans to link up with UK's easyJet Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 17:04 BST
TUIfly has denied suggestions that the German airline is planning to link up with Britain's easyJet but declined to comment directly on a report that another European airline was interested in buying the airline. A German magazine report said on Thursday that easyJet was close to taking a stake in TUIfly, part of travel …
- 'We profit from other investors' mistakes' Telegraph - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 15:56 BST
'We profit from other investors' mistakes'
- Second European carrier looking at TUIFly deal - labour representative Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 14:57 BST
A second European carrier could be interested in a stake in German charter airline TUIFly, part of travel and tourism group TUI (LSE: 0NLA.L - news) , following interest from Britain's easyJet, a TUIFly labour representative said on Friday. A German magazine reported on Thursday that easyJet is close to taking a stake …
- Qantas passengers evacuated in Australia amid fumes in cabin Associated Press - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 14:30 BST
- Are these the FTSE 250’s hottest growth stocks? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 13:47 BST
Royston Wild highlights a cluster of FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE: MCX) growth greats.
- Why are these big dividend companies trading at bargain basement prices? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 09:14 BST
High dividends, healthy balance sheets and bargain basement prices make these shares worth a second look.
- Beached boats, pink water as drought saps Great Salt Lake Associated Press - Fri, Sep 23, 2016 04:25 BST
- May Ditches Cameron's Line-Up Of Top Business Advisers Sky News - Thu, Sep 22, 2016 14:33 BST
- Easyjet near taking stake in TUIFly - manager magazin Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Sep 22, 2016 12:33 BST
British budget carrier easyJet is close to taking a stake in German airline TUIFly in order to secure flying rights in Europe even after Britain leaves the European Union, German publication manager magazin ...
- TUI launches sale of Travelopia arm Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 17:18 BST
Europe's biggest tour operator TUI has picked advisers to launch the sale of specialist holiday arm Travelopia in a deal potentially worth 500-600 million euros . TUI has asked Citigroup to find a buyer ...
- Finding the right credit card for a free vacation Associated Press - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 17:12 BST
- Theme park association plans move to Orlando Associated Press - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 16:44 BST
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The largest association for the theme park industry is moving its headquarters to what many consider to be the theme park capital of the world.
- TUI launches sale of specialist travel portfolio Travelopia - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 15:04 BST
Europe's leading tour operator TUI has picked advisors to launch the sale of a portfolio of specialist travel brands in a deal potentially worth 500-600 million euros as it continues a push to sell non-core ...
- Jet2.com launches new London flights on strong holiday demand Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 14:39 BST
British tour operator Jet2.com said it would start flying 21 new routes from London Stansted airport next year in a show of confidence in holiday demand despite an increasingly competitive European flight market. Jet2.com's new base at Stansted will give it a presence in southern England for the first time.
- Part of Prague's iconic Dancing House turns into hotel Associated Press - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 13:41 BST
- 2 FTSE 250 stars with dynamite dividend potential! Fool.co.uk - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 13:40 BST
Royston Wild discusses the investment prospects of two FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE: MCX) income giants.
- Is the worst over for these FTSE 100 fallers? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Sep 21, 2016 07:05 BST
Edward Sheldon looks at two investor favourites that have fallen heavily. Is there more to come or is a rebound on the cards?
- Atlantic City casino gets named Ten; 2017 opening planned Associated Press - Tue, Sep 20, 2016 21:14 BST
- The Latest: Atlantic City casino renamed Ten; plan advanced Associated Press - Tue, Sep 20, 2016 20:32 BST
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — The Latest on the planned reopening of Atlantic City's former Revel casino. (all times local):
- Glaxo becomes seventh female-led FTSE 100 firm AFP - Tue, Sep 20, 2016 18:49 BST
- Air France blames attacks, strikes as fall in bookings accelerates Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Sep 20, 2016 16:46 BST
Air France (Paris: FR0000031122 - news) shares hit their lowest in four years on Tuesday after the airline's boss Jean-Marc Janaillac said it expected a further decline in bookings in the coming months as a result of Islamist militant attacks and a cabin crew strike. Militant attacks in France have hit tourism in the …
- Why I’d buy GVC Holdings plc instead of Ladbrokes plc after today’s results Fool.co.uk - Tue, Sep 20, 2016 11:20 BST
GVC Holdings plc (LON: GVC) has more appeal than Ladbrokes plc (LON: LAD). Here's why.