- High court steps into fight on Vanderbilts' Breakers mansion Associated Press - 10 minutes ago
The Rhode Island Supreme Court is hearing arguments in a fight that has pitted dozens of members of the Vanderbilt family against a nonprofit that owns several Gilded Age mansions in Newport. The arguments ...
- Best home-grown income stock: National Grid plc or National Express Group plc? Fool.co.uk - 37 minutes ago
Should income-seekers pile into National Grid plc (LON: NG) or National Express Group PLC (LON: NEX)?
- 2 leisure stocks I expect to soar in ‘Brexit Britain’ Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Royston Wild looks at two growth stocks that should keep charging in the months and years ahead.
- Is Whitbread plc a buy after reporting an 8.1% sales rise? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Should you pile into Whitbread plc (LON: WTB) after its positive update?
- Anglo American leads Britain's FTSE higher, GKN slides Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Britain's top share index climbed on Tuesday, boosted by basic resources stocks, with Anglo American leading the market higher after a production update. Anglo American shares were up 4 percent, taking ...
- BUZZ-Whitbread: bottom of FTSE 100 on Costa Q2 disappointment Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
** Leisure giant Whitbread's shares down 2.5 pct, bottom of FTSE 100, as Costa unit results weigh ** Co says Costa LFL sales slow to 2 pct in Q2 from 2.6 pct in Q1, adds margins contracted 170 basis points ...
- Two FTSE 250 stocks at the top of my 2017 buy list Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
Great growth prospects, high market share and phenomenal margins could make these companies excellent holdings for 2017 and beyond.
- Britain's FTSE ends lower as commodities stocks slip Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
Britain's top share index closed lower on Monday after energy stocks came under pressure following a drop in crude oil prices and gold miners tracked weaker precious metals. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index ...
- These two Footsie shares have halved in 2016! Is it time to pile in? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Royston Wild considers the rebound potential of two Footsie fallers.
- Are these overlooked FTSE 250 firms the next big winners? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Is it time to switch out of big cap stocks and into the FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX)?
- UK's FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 equity indexes rise, Sky and ITV outperform Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 09:53 BST
Britain's top shares index rose on Monday to move back within sight of a record high reached earlier this month, with media stocks outperforming in the wake of AT&T and Time Warner's planned blockbuster ...
- BUZZ-InterContinental Hotels: Kepler Cheuvreux cut weighs Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 24, 2016 08:53 BST
** InterContinental Hotels' shares down 0.4 pct after Kepler Cheuvreux analysts cut rating to "reduce" from "hold", PT to 3023p from 3074p ** Analysts expect gradual slowing in revenue ...
- Cabin crew union postpones strikes at Eurowings - source Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Oct 22, 2016 18:50 BST
FRANKFURT, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 22 (Reuters) - German cabin crew union UFO will postpone strikes at Lufthansa's budget unit Eurowings as it has received a new wage proposal, a person familiar with the talks said on Saturday. UFO declined to comment, while Eurowings was not immediately available for comment outside …
- Burberry shares spike on talk of stateside merger bid Sky News - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 17:41 BST
Burberry has refused to comment on reports of a potential merger with a US rival. Its share price rose 5% initially after the financial blog Betaville, citing sources, said Coach (HKSE: 6388.HK - news) had hired bankers to work on a possible offer. Burberry responded to the report by saying it did not comment on market …
- Daisy pulls sterling junk bond as investors get tough Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 15:38 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (IFR) - Daisy called off an attempt to issue a sterling high-yield deal on Friday, in the latest sign of waning UK investor appetite for riskier debt in challenging sectors. The UK company threw in the towel on the debut bond after four days of marketing the B2/B rated £385m fixed …
- Burberry and Coach not in active merger talks - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 14:42 BST
PARIS, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 21 (Reuters) - Britain's Burberry and U.S. firm Coach > are not in active merger talks, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, in reaction to a report that suggested the two fashion companies were considering a tie-up. There are no negotiations underway, Burberry is not talking …
- Goodyear christening 2nd airship in fleet replacing blimps Associated Press - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 14:42 BST
- Which of these FTSE 100 leisure stocks should you buy after today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 14:34 BST
Royston Wild considers the investment case of two Footsie-listed leisure giants.
- Burberry shares gain on talk of stateside merger bid Sky News - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 13:17 BST
Burberry has refused to comment on reports of a potential merger with a US rival. Its share price rose 5% after the financial blog Betaville, citing sources, said Coach (HKSE: 6388.HK - news) had hired bankers to work on a possible offer. Burberry responded to the report by saying it did not comment on market rumours …
- Is this stock a buy after announcing a £15m acquisition? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 12:53 BST
Should you buy this stock after today's acquisition as its long-term prospects look good?
- Are these the best stocks money can buy? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 21, 2016 11:45 BST
These two very different stocks could deliver powerful returns for investors.
- Historic mountaintop stone cabin gutted by fire is rebuilt Associated Press - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 20:19 BST
- JetBlue urges speedy resolution to Norwegian Air's U.S. dispute Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 16:43 BST
OSLO, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 20 (Reuters) - U.S. airline JetBlue Airways Corp. urged the U.S. government to resolve a dispute over Norwegian Air Shuttle (LSE: 0FGH.L - news) 's bid to increase flights to the United States, raising concerns that its own potential European expansion might be curbed as a result. …
- Are the 10 most shorted shares on the FTSE 350 in your portfolio? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 11:20 BST
Is one of your favourite stocks amongst the City's most hated?
- Norwegian Air sees faster 2017 capacity growth after record Q3 earnings Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 10:15 BST
OSLO, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 20 (Reuters) - Budget airline Norwegian Air Shuttle (Taiwan: 2405.TW - news) said its capacity growth will speed up in 2017 as it rapidly expands low-cost flights to the United States and other long-haul destinations. Europe's third-largest low-cost carrier by revenue after Ryanair …
- Lufthansa lifts 2016 profit target after strong September Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 09:31 BST
BERLIN, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 19 (Reuters) - German airline Lufthansa increased its profit target for the year after business bookings were better than expected last month, contrasting with downgrades from low-cost rivals and boosting its shares. In an unscheduled trading update, Lufthansa said late on Wednesday …
- European shares slip as profit warnings weigh on market Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 08:22 BST
European shares slipped back on Thursday, as a clutch of profit warnings from companies throughout the region took their toll on the market. The pan-European STOXX 600 index was down by 0.1 percent, and ...
- Are these supercharged FTSE 100 dividends doomed? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Oct 20, 2016 07:05 BST
Are 5%-plus yields sustainable for these under-the-radar dividend stars?
- Lufthansa lifts 2016 profit guidance after strong September Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 19:20 BST
BERLIN, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 19 (Reuters) - German airline Lufthansa increased its profit target for the year after business bookings proved better than expected in September and its decision to cut back the amount of seats it planned to offer this year paid off. Lufthansa said on Wednesday it now expects 2016 …
- Issue of Debt Business Wire - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 11:09 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- DMO-TAS041/1891/004 Eastcheap Court 11 Philpot Lane London EC3M 8UD T 020 7862 6500 F 020 7862 6509 www.dmo.gov.uk 19 October 2016 PRESS NOTICE ...
- BUZZ-Cineworld: boosted by Stifel upgrade Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 10:08 BST
** Cinema operator's shares up 3.5 pct, third-top FTSE 250 midcap gainer ** Stifel upgrades to "buy" from "hold", cites recent admissions data showing good growth in UK and Poland, ...
- Are these the best growth shares in the FTSE 250? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 07:00 BST
Bilaal Mohamed uncovers two exciting growth shares from the FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX).
- Gov't announces new steps to protect airline consumers Associated Press - Wed, Oct 19, 2016 02:30 BST
WASHINGTON (AP) — Airlines would be required to refund fees when checked bags are "substantially delayed" under a proposal released Tuesday by the Transportation Department, one of a series of steps the Obama administration says it's taking to boost consumer protections for passengers.
- New name for Branson's cruise ship line: Virgin Voyages Associated Press - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 20:30 BST
Sir Richard Branson on Tuesday announced a new name for his forthcoming cruise ship line, Virgin Voyages .
- Disneyland's Tower of Terror making way for 'Guardians' ride Associated Press - Tue, Oct 18, 2016 20:02 BST