- Do The Potential Rewards Outweigh The Risks At Big Yielders BP plc, SSE PLC And J Sainsbury plc? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Royston Wild explains why BP plc (LON: BP), SSE PLC (LON: SSE) and J Sainsbury plc (LON: SBRY) could be considered perilous investment destinations.
- EU regulators wave through UK nuclear waste clean-up price plan Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
BRUSSELS, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 9 (Reuters) - Britain won EU regulatory approval on Friday for a pricing model to set the cost of disposing of nuclear waste that environmentalists say is too generous to nuclear power plant operators and punishing for taxpayers. Nuclear energy is a sensitive political issue in …
- London close: Mining and metal stocks help end week on a high Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Glencore led mining shares higher as investors welcomed its decision to cut 500,000 tonnes or around a third of its annual zinc production as it looks to combat declining prices.
- Egypt invites firms to settle 45-cargo LNG tender this weekend Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
MILAN/LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 9 (Reuters) - Egypt is due to settle a closely watched tender for the purchase of 45 liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargoes this weekend after concluding talks with up to seven winning suppliers, covering much of the country's near-term energy needs. The companies that have been …
- Egypt invites firms to settle 45-cargo LNG tender this weekend -sources Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
Egypt is due to settle a closely watched tender for the purchase of 45 liquefied natural gas cargoes this weekend after concluding talks with up to seven winning suppliers, covering much of the country's ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Vedanta gains on production report Sharecast - 21 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index edged higher on Friday and by 1500 BST was up 0.6% to 17,111.22, rising in line with the broader markets as investors welcomed dovish minutes from the Federal ...
- Why I Wouldn’t Touch Anglo American plc, Centrica PLC And Tullow Oil PLC With A Bargepole! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 06:44 BST
Royston Wild explains why clever investors should steer clear of Anglo American plc (LON: AAL), Centrica PLC (LON: CNA) and Tullow Oil PLC (LON: TLW).
- London midday: Rally in mining stocks boost equities Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 01:01 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE advanced on Friday at midday, driven by a rally in mining stocks as metal prices rose.
- London close: Stocks rise after BoE and ECB meeting minutes Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks gained after the Bank of England decided to keep interest rates unchanged and the European Central Bank suggested it might consider further stimulus.
- Friday preview: UK trade balance, US wholesale figures Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 16:51 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK trade data on Friday is expected to show the deficit narrowed in August.
- EU heating strategy draft favours renewables and district heating Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 16:15 BST
PARIS, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 8 (Reuters) - The European Commission is working on a strategy to reduce energy wasted in heating homes and offices, prompting concern among utilities which fear it will reduce their power sales. Early next year, the Commission plans to formulate recommendations on heating and cooling …
- FTSE 100 movers: Tesco moves back up the chain Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 15:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - After a slow start to the morning, the FTSE 100 was up 16.74 points (0.26%) to 6,353.09 by mid-afternoon.
- Oil spills into North Sea at Statfjord field - Statoil Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 14:56 BST
OSLO, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 8 (Reuters) - Oil spilled into the North Sea during the loading of a tanker at Norway's Statfjord field on Thursday, operator Statoil said. About 40 cubic metres of oil, or 252 barrels, leaked at 0630 GMT when oil was loaded on the Hilda Knudsen tanker from the Statfjord A platform …
- Statoil says oil spilled at N.Sea Statfjord field Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 12:15 BST
Oil spilled in the North Sea during the loading of a tanker at the Statfjord field, operator Statoil said on Thursday. It was unclear how much oil was spilled. Production at the Statfjord A was going as ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 12:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Director Shareholdings Acquisition of Shares On 8 October 2015, Iain Conn, a Director of the Company, acquired 100,000 ordinary shares of the Company ...
- Scrip Reference Share Price Business Wire - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 10:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 8 October 2015 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Scrip Reference Share Price The Company offers shareholders the opportunity to receive ordinary shares of 6 14/81 pence each in the ...
- London midday: Stocks rise as BoE votes to keep interest rates unchanged Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 01:16 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks recovered slightly from losses earlier on Thursday as the Bank of England decided to keep interest rates unchanged.
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 15:53 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Notification of Major Interests in Shares Centrica plc received notice on 7 October 2015 (under the obligations imposed by Section 5 of the FCA's Disclosure ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Miners and energy stocks rally; Wizz Air crashes Sharecast - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 15:41 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was down 0.2% at 17,101.89 just after 1400 BST, underperforming the broader market.
- MOVES-Eni's former trading head leaves company Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 12:46 BST
The former head of trading at Italy's Eni, Marco Alvera, has left the company after 10 years of service, a spokeswoman for the oil major said on Wednesday. The 40-year-old Alvera, who joined Eni in 2005, ...
- UK GAS-Prices rise on higher consumption, Dutch production concern Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 09:30 BST
Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 7 (Reuters) - British wholesale gas prices rose on Wednesday morning due to higher consumption levels as heating demand started to pick up and on concerns that Dutch gas production will be cut further. "Demand seems to be ticking up as we have entered the winter gas season which is impacting …
- London close: Stocks end higher as miners and oil producers rally Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE reversed an earlier decline on Tuesday to end higher, led by mining and energy producers as oil and base metal prices rallied.
- FTSE 250 movers: Greggs surges on strong update; Acacia tumbles as output disappoints Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 15:25 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 index was flat at 17,111.00 at 1400 BST, as investors took a breather following healthy gains in the previous session.
- London open: Stocks fall as investors weigh earnings Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 10:13 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Tuesday as traders sifted through earnings releases.
- UK GAS-Prompt prices rise as demand grows and supply falls Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 09:11 BST
British gas prices rose on Tuesday after a drop in flows from Norway left the system under supplied at a time of rising demand for the fuel. Gas for instant delivery rose 0.10 pence per therm at 39.50 ...
- London midday: Stocks fall as Citigroup cuts FTSE 100 year-end target Sharecast - Tue, Oct 6, 2015 01:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell as Citigroup cut its 2015 year-end target for the FTSE 100 to 6900 from 7400 following downgrades to economic growth and the rising risk from China.
- France seeking Asian investors for Areva-EDF reactor unit AFP - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 20:37 BST
- Why Now Is The Perfect Time To Buy AFC Energy plc, SSE PLC & Hargreaves Services plc! Fool.co.uk - Mon, Oct 5, 2015 11:21 BST
These 3 stocks look set to soar: AFC Energy plc (LON: AFC), SSE PLC (LON: SSE) and Hargreaves Services plc (LON: HSP)
- The week ahead in business and finance Telegraph - Sun, Oct 4, 2015 22:17 BST
Economic and corporate news expected from Monday, Ocotober 5 to Friday, October 9.
- Chinese firms eyeing 30 pct or less in Hinkley Point - report Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Oct 3, 2015 19:53 BST
Hinkley Point project is owned by the British subsidiary of the French energy company. China General Nuclear Corp and China National Nuclear Corp had been expected to take a combined 30-40 percent stake. EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) in Britain declined to comment.
- BT seems intent on recreating a monstrous monopoly Telegraph - Sat, Oct 3, 2015 17:09 BST
Telecoms giant keeps on getting bigger, but it doesn't seem to translate into better customer service
- J Sainsbury plc, SSE plc, Tullow Oil plc and Premier Oil plc: How Long Can The Recovery In These Shares Last? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 15:55 BST
A look at why shares in J Sainsbury plc (LON:SBRY), SSE plc (LON:SSE), Tullow Oil plc (LON:TLW) and Premier Oil plc (LON:PMO) have been bouncing back.
- Is Now The Time To Invest In National Grid plc, United Utilities Group plc And Dee Valley Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 14:45 BST
Stockmarket turmoil could have uncovered value in National Grid plc (LON: NG), United Utilities Group plc (LON: UU) and Dee Valley Group plc (LON: DVW)
- EDF says ball in China's court on UK nuclear plant: FT AFP - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 14:28 BST
- Centrica announces 2016 maintenance at Rough gas storage site Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Oct 2, 2015 11:35 BST
Centrica provisionally announced on Friday two periods of maintenance next year at its Rough natural gas storage site. One will take place from May 1 to Sept. 3, 2016, and will reduce withdrawal capacity ...