- London close: Aberdeen Asset Management leads FTSE lower Sharecast - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - In contrast to its European peers, the FTSE 100 ended lower on Monday, closing 19.06 points to 6,356.09 as it was pulled down by Aberdeen Asset Management and BHP Billiton.
- FTSE 250 movers: Telecom Plus follows market trend, Drax falls on warning from chief executive Sharecast - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 started the week on a high, rising to 17,367.86 points by mid-afternoon Monday, up 102.76 points (0.60%).
- Tuesday preview: British banks brace for BoE's stress test results Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Bank of England is expected to tell British banks on Tuesday to boost capital buffers to shield against another financial crisis.
- FTSE 100 movers: Glencore rallies, but BHP tumbles amid prospect of hefty fine Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 was up 0.6% at 17,365.79, recovering from early losses in line with the broader market.
- Ex-divs to take 0.8 points off FTSE 100 on Dec. 3 Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Can Last Week’s Winners Centrica PLC, HSBC Holdings plc & Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Keep Rising? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Royston Wild runs the rule over recent risers Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA) and Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR).
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - 8 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc (the ‘Company’) Director/PDMR Shareholding The Company announces that Directors and other Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility (‘PDMRs’) acquired Centrica ...
- Why I’d Sell Glencore plc & Rio Tinto plc But Buy Defensives Severn Trent plc & Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Why this Fool thinks that there is dividend pain ahead with Glencore plc (LON: GLEN) and Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) but not with the more defensive Severn Trent plc (LON: SVT) and Pennon Group plc (LON: ...
- London open: Stocks fall on commodity slump Sharecast - 9 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks opened in negative territory on Monday as a commodity slump continued to provide a drag.
- London midday: Stocks dragged lower by BHP Billiton, Aberdeen Asset Management Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks continued to decline at midday on Monday, led by Aberdeen Asset Management and BHP Billiton.
- The week ahead in business and finance Telegraph - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 18:32 GMT
Economic and corporate news expected from Monday, November 30, to Friday, December 4.
- Buy, Sell Or Hold Diageo plc, Imagination Technologies Group plc And Severn Trent Plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 13:32 GMT
What are the future prospects for these 3 stocks? Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Imagination Technologies Group plc (LON: IMG) and Severn Trent Plc (LON: SVT)
- Are British American Tobacco plc, Pennon Group plc & Balfour Beatty plc Set To Soar? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 12:23 GMT
Should you buy these 3 stocks right now? British American Tobacco plc (LON: BATS), Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN) and Balfour Beatty plc (LON: BBY)
- Should Income Investors Buy Severn Trent Plc, Anglo Pacific Group plc Or WH Smith Plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 16:10 GMT
Are dividends safe at Severn Trent Plc (LON:SVT), Anglo Pacific Group plc (LON:APF) and WH Smith Plc (LON:SMWH)?
- Private equity goes bargain-hunting in Norwegian oil sector Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 13:14 GMT
STAVANGER/OSLO, Norway, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Private equity investors are buying up assets in Norway's crisis-hit oil sector, betting on a recovery in crude prices and cutting deals with energy firms whose focus is elsewhere and are happy to generate some cash. Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman and Sam Laidlaw, former …
- Centrica's South Humber power station to return to full service in 2017 Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 26, 2015 12:41 GMT
British utility Centrica Plc (LSE: CNA.L - news) announced plans on Thursday to return its South Humber Bank gas-fired power station in Lincolnshire to full service in 2017 and overhaul gas turbines ahead of the start of its capacity market contract. Two of Centrica's gas plants were successful in Britain's first capacity …
- Government Scraps £1bn Carbon Capture Scheme Sky News - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 18:10 GMT
The Government is cancelling a £1bn competition for carbon capture and storage technology on power stations, breaking a key Conservative manifesto pledge. Notably absent from the Autumn Statement, the announcement was made to the London Stock Exchange (Other OTC: LDNXF - news) – meaning the £1bn funding aimed at developing …
- UK scraps 1 bln stg carbon capture technology scheme Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 18:04 GMT
Britain has scrapped plans to spend up to 1 billion pounds ($1.5 billion) to help commercialise the technology for capturing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants and storing them underground, the government said on Wednesday, putting two major projects at risk of being cancelled. The announcement comes just days …
- London close: FTSE boosted by housebuilding stocks after Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 17:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 rose on Wednesday with housebuilding stocks leading the way after Chancellor George Osborne announced measures to support the sector in his joint Spending Review and Autumn ...
- UK scraps £1bn carbon capture and storage competition Telegraph - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 16:58 GMT
Government says funding no longer available to develop key technology to help tackle climate change
- Greenko confirms plans to return cash to shareholders and to delist from AIM Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 16:06 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Clean energy company Greenko Group PLC said it will return funds to shareholders after the sale of its operating assets confirmed it plans to delist from AIM.
- FTSE 250 movers: Thomas Cook leads market as it returns to profit Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 14:43 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Government's autumn statement and spending review didn't do anything to stop the FTSE 250 start to reverse the week's falls.
- Additional Listing Business Wire - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 13:05 GMT
The Company confirms the allotment and issue of 14,998,152 ordinary shares of 614/81 pence (‘Shares’), at a price of 228.52 pence per Share, to shareholders who are participants in the Company’s Scrip Dividend Programme (the ‘Programme’) in respect of a dividend for the year ending 31 December 2015 payable on 26 November …
- United Utilities Group Plc & SSE Plc: What Do Recent Results Mean For Shareholders? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 12:54 GMT
Here is my take on what to expect from United Utilities Group Plc (LON: UU) shares and from SSE Plc (LON: SSE) shares.
- London midday: Housebuilders hoist FTSE ahead of Autumn Statement Sharecast - Wed, Nov 25, 2015 00:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 was given a boost by housebuilding shares on Wednesday ahead of Chancellor George Osborne's Autumn Statement, which is expected to reveal an investment of just under ...
- Virgin Media criticises watchdogs over 'flawed' analysis of BT-EE deal Telegraph - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 18:53 GMT
Cable operator calls for competition rethink to protect Virgin Mobile and consumers from price rises
- London close: Geopolitical tensions weigh on market Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 16:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks were under pressure on Tuesday as heightened geopolitical tensions weighed on the market.
- FTSE 250 movers: AO World's losses drive market down Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 16:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 fell 166.68 points (0.97%) on Tuesday to 16,940.23 by mid-afternoon.
- London midday: Travel and leisure stocks lead equities lower Sharecast - Tue, Nov 24, 2015 00:03 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London equities dropped at midday trading on Tuesday as the Bank of England warned on the risks from slowing growth in emerging markets.
- Will Centrica PLC, Debenhams Plc & Barratt Developments Plc Ever Return To Their All-Time Highs? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 13:48 GMT
Are the record highs for Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), Debenhams Plc (LON: DEB) and Barratt Developments Plc (LON BDEV) finally within their reach?
- Do Crashing Oil & Gas Prices Mean Trouble For SSE plc And National Grid plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 23, 2015 08:36 GMT
Will the share prices of SSE plc (LON:SSE) and National Grid (LON: NG) follow the oil majors lower?
- Six big risks facing global markets in 2016 Telegraph - Sun, Nov 22, 2015 15:17 GMT
Global markets are ill prepared for the challenges they will face in 2016
- Is There Any Way Back For Burberry Group plc, Centrica PLC & Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Sat, Nov 21, 2015 11:07 GMT
Where do Burberry Group plc (LON: BRBY), Centrica PLC (LON: CNA) and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (LON: RBS) go from here?
- Is Now The Right Time To Buy BP plc, Centrica plc And SSE plc? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 20, 2015 11:07 GMT
Should you buy BP plc (LON:BP), Centrica plc (LON:CNA) and SSE plc (LON:SSE) today?
- Diageo plc, Sky PLC & Pennon Group plc: 3 ‘Screaming Buys’? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 20, 2015 11:01 GMT
Should you buy Diageo plc (LON: DGE), Sky PLC (LON: SKY) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)?