- UK's Ecotricity, Good Energy outdo larger rivals with gas bill cuts Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
British green energy suppliers Ecotricity and Good Energy said on Friday they will reduce retail gas bills by around 7 percent from April 1, making steeper cuts than their larger rivals. A 57 percent drop ...
- Week ahead: EU council meeting to kick-off countdown to referendum Sharecast - 15 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - European affairs will matter more than ever in the coming week, with investors and even the average man on the street expected to keep close tabs on the outcome of the European Council ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (Feb 12) Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- U.S. buyout firm Carlyle Group to acquire Italian customer services ...
- Friday newspaper round-up: SuperGroup, Google, Sainsbury's, Barclays Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 07:26 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Jamie Dimon has tried to put out a fire in financials stocks, spending more than $26m to buy half a million shares in JPMorgan Chase, the bank he has run for a decade. The purchase - ...
- EU mergers and takeovers (Feb 11) Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 18:00 GMT
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- British private equity firm Cinven to acquire British shoe company ...
- London close: Stocks slide as Yellen sparks recession worries Sharecast - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 17:12 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 slumped on Thursday as Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen said there was a "chance" of a recession.
- British Gas and EDF fall into line with UK gas price cuts Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 12:34 GMT
British Gas and EDF (Hanover: E2F.HA - news) Energy, two of Britain's largest household energy suppliers, bowed to pressure from regulators and rivals by cutting domestic gas prices on Thursday. A 57-percent drop in wholesale gas prices since this time last year has put pressure on Britain's Big Six energy suppliers to …
- British Gas And EDF To Trim Gas Prices Sky News - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 11:55 GMT
British Gas claims it is leading the way on cutting energy bills among the 'big six firms', announcing a 5.1% reduction on all of its gas tariffs from 16 March. It made its announcement shortly before rival EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) became the last of the major firms to confirm gas bill cuts in recent weeks as …
- British Gas and EDF Energy cut gas prices by £31 a year Telegraph - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:52 GMT
Last two of the Big Six energy suppliers unveil gas price reductions in the wake of plunging wholesale costs
- British Gas to cut household gas prices by 5 percent Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:27 GMT
Britain's largest household energy supplier, British Gas, said on Thursday it would lower its domestic gas prices by 5.1 percent next month, following similar price cuts from its rivals earlier this year. Rivals SSE and E.ON both announced price cuts for domestic gas prices of 5.3 and 5.1 percent respectively, piling on …
- UK's EDF Energy cuts gas prices by 5 percent Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:21 GMT
EDF Energy on Thursday moved to cut its standard gas prices by 5 percent, effective from March 24. The announcement immediately followed one by Britain's biggest utility Centrica which further cut gas ...
- London open: Stocks track declines in Asia as investors digest Yellen speech Sharecast - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks fell on Thursday, tracking declines in Asian markets after US Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen highlighted her concerns about China's wailing economy.
- British Gas To Trim Gas Prices By 5.1% Sky News - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:18 GMT
British Gas claims it is leading the way on cutting energy bills among the 'big six firms', announcing a 5.1% reduction on all its gas tariffs from 16 March. It made its announcement shortly before rival EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) became the last of the major firms to confirm gas bill cuts in recent weeks as wholesale …
- British Gas joins rivals in cutting gas prices Sharecast - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 09:16 GMT
(ShareCast News) - British Gas said it will cut gas prices for customers by 5.1%, the latest company to announce cuts for the start of the year.
- BUZZ-Utilities: Berenberg banks on resilience to low power prices Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 08:42 GMT
** Berenberg's top picks among utilities are Suez Environnement, Veolia Environnement, ENGIE, Enel and Centrica , saying they were better able to weather the downturn in power prices ** Says Suez, Veolia ...
- British Gas Leads with a Further Gas Price Cut of 5.1% Business Wire - Thu, Feb 11, 2016 08:30 GMT
“British Gas was the only major supplier to cut prices twice last year, ensuring customers’ bills were lower through the winter. “Taken together, our three price reductions will bring the average household’s annual energy bill down by almost £100. British Gas will be cheaper than 95% of the market, for a typical household …
- EU mergers and takeovers (Feb 10) Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 19:47 GMT
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- U.S. office supplier Staples to acquire U.S. rival Office Depot ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Domino's leads index after upgrade Sharecast - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 15:53 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 made some ground on Wednesday, with the second tier index up 252.74 points (1.65%) to 15,569.67 by mid-afternoon.
- UK court rejects Drax, Infinis case against govt on green tax change Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 15:29 GMT
Britain's High Court has ruled against power producers Drax and Infinis in their case brought against the government for not providing enough notice when it announced the removal of a climate change tax exemption last year, Drax said on Wednesday. "(The court) concluded that the government had not provided any specific …
- National Grid plc vs Centrica PLC: Which Is The Superior Power Play? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Feb 10, 2016 09:20 GMT
Royston Wild considers whether National Grid plc (LON: NG) or Centrica (LON: CNA) is the stronger utilities pick.
- Europe's 'doom-loop' returns as credit markets seize up Telegraph - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 19:52 GMT
'We all know that QE2 is not really going to work but the market says "I’m a smoker, I know it kills me, but so long as I can get cigarettes, I’m happy"'
- London close: Losses in commodity space weigh on Footsie Sharecast - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 18:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The UK's top-flight index finished in the red as losses overnight in Japanese equities filtered through into the European session, with weakness in the market for US energy companies' ...
- UK gas plants power ahead as coal sector eyes more closures Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 17:01 GMT
OSLO/LONDON, Feb 9 (Reuters) - UK gas power plants are set to benefit from rising profitability as oversupply pushes input costs down, although more closures are predicted in the coal sector as emissions costs soar. Falling gas prices due to a surfeit of supply have made gas more competitive to burn for electricity generation …
- MORNING BID EUROPE-German industry - signs of weakness Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 9, 2016 08:25 GMT
German industrial output plunged unexpectedly in December, data showed on Tuesday, in a sign that Europe's largest economy ended 2015 on a weak footing. At the same time, Jens Weidmann, the head of the Bundesbank, has challenged the positive narrative suggesting that an influx of refugees will be positive for the economy, …
- FTSE 250 movers: Poor start to week as analyst note drives Wood Group down Sharecast - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 15:23 GMT
(ShareCast News) - It was a poor start to the week for the FTSE 250, with the second tier market down 313.83 points (1.96%) to 15,688.45 by mid-afternoon on Monday.
- Energy Bills: Npower Latest To Cut Gas Prices Sky News - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 15:21 GMT
- RWE npower says to reduce UK household gas prices by 5.2 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 10:29 GMT
RWE's British unit npower plans to reduce domestic gas prices by an average of 5.2 percent from March 28, the company said on Monday. The move follows similar cuts from rivals E.ON, SSE and Scottish Power ...
- Total says starts up production at UK's Laggan-Tormore gas fields Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Feb 8, 2016 09:16 GMT
Gas production has started at Britain's Laggan-Tormore gas condensate fields off the Shetland Islands in the North Sea, operator Total said on Monday. The project is expected to have a peak production ...
- 3 Bulletproof 6% Yields? NEXT plc, Taylor Wimpey plc And SSE PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 13:08 GMT
Roland Head asks if SSE PLC (LON:SSE), NEXT plc (LON:NXT) and Taylor Wimpey plc (LON:TW) are a safe bet for income in a troubled market?
- Do Acquisitions And Disposals Make Just Eat PLC, Centrica PLC And Halma plc Buys Today? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 10:12 GMT
Should you pile into these three stocks following recent updates? Just Eat PLC (LON: JE), Centrica PLC (LON: CNA) and Halma plc (LON: HLMA)
- Centrica, EIG sell UK wind farms to Green Investment Bank, BlackRock Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 07:49 GMT
Gas and power utility Centrica and its joint venture partner EIG Global Energy Partners have sold three UK wind farms for 423 million pounds to a consortium that includes Britain's state-owned Green Investment ...
- FTSE 100 closes down as US jobs growth slows in January Telegraph - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 07:34 GMT
Market Report: Anglo American's revival continues as stock posts best week in five months
- Disposal Business Wire - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 07:00 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 5 February 2016 Centrica plc (‘Centrica’) Centrica sells its 50 per cent interests in the Glens of Foudland, Lynn and Inner Dowsing wind farms Centrica and its 50% joint venture ...
- Centrica sells wind farms to consortium Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 00:00 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Centrica and its 50% joint venture partner EIG Global Energy Partners have agreed a sale of the Glens of Foudland, Lynn and Inner Dowsing wind farms (GLID) to a consortium.
- J Sainsbury plc, Centrica plc & Tullett Prebon Plc: Which 5%+ Yielder Would I Buy? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:48 GMT
J Sainsbury plc (LON:SBRY), Centrica plc (LON:CNA) & Tullett Prebon Plc (LON:TLPR): Should these 3 stocks be in your income portfolio?