- How Pennon Group plc (3.91%) could soon yield more than GlaxoSmithKline plc (5.50%) and Rio Tinto plc (7.40%). Fool.co.uk - 11 hours ago
Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN) is the income machine that GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) and Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) were supposed to be, says Harvey Jones.
- Japan's Jera signs flexible LNG supply deal with EDF Trading Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Japan's Jera Co said on Thursday it had signed a contract to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to EDF Trading in Europe, marking the first deal where it can adjust sales volumes to match its own needs. Jera, a venture of Tokyo Electric Power and Chubu Electric Power, said it would sell up to 1.5 million tonnes of LNG …
- French regulator says anomalies detected in EDF reactors Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 18:15 BST
Anomalies found in the vessel of a nuclear reactor under construction in Flamanville have also been discovered in other French reactors being operated by utility EDF, but the country's reactors are safe, nuclear regulator ASN said. In April 2015, the ASN said nuclear group Areva (Euronext: AREVA.NX - news) had found weak …
- Wednesday newspaper share tips: Severn Trent, IGas Sharecast - Wed, May 25, 2016 18:03 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in Severn Trent are best avoided as investors´ search for yield has driven down the dividend yield on offer, The Times´s Tempus said.
- HSBC To Appoint New Boardroom Pay Chief Sky News - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:53 BST
HSBC is to seek a new chair for its boardroom pay committee as the incumbent prepares to step down after nearly a decade as a director. Sky News has learnt that Sam Laidlaw, the former boss of Centrica (LSE: CNA.L - news) , is likely to leave the board of HSBC Holdings (HKSE: 0005.HK - news) during the course of 2017, …
- MOVES-Centrica appoints RSA's Hester as non-executive director Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 25, 2016 17:46 BST
Britain's largest energy supplier, Centrica, has appointed Stephen Hester, chief executive of insurer RSA, as a non-executive director, Centrica said on Wednesday. Hester will become a member of Centrica's ...
- Directorate change Business Wire - Wed, May 25, 2016 11:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 25 May 2016 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Centrica appoints non-executive director Centrica plc is pleased to announce that Stephen Hester is to be appointed as a Non-Executive ...
- Which is the best income play: Severn Trent plc (3.54%), Old Mutual Group plc (4.97%) or SSE plc (5.91%)? Fool.co.uk - Wed, May 25, 2016 10:40 BST
Severn Trent plc (LON: SVT), Old Mutual Group plc (LSE: OML) and SE plc (LON: SSE) could be your income dream team, says Harvey Jones.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Wed, May 25, 2016 09:45 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 25 May 2016 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Notification of Transaction of a Person Discharging Managerial Responsibility Acquisition of ordinary shares of 6 14/81 pence (‘Shares’) ...
- Why I’m avoiding FTSE 100 growth duds Rio Tinto plc, Centrica plc and Pearson plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 24, 2016 15:35 BST
Royston Wild explains why FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stalwarts Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO), Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and Pearson plc (LON: PSON) should keep on struggling.
- Areva says talks with Finland's TVO are "difficult" Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 15:15 BST
French state-controlled nuclear group Areva (LSE: 0P4A.L - news) said on Tuesday that talks with its Finnish customer TVO about the long-delayed Olkiluoto 3 reactor were "difficult". Areva and Teollisuuden Voima Oyj (TVO) are claiming billions of euros from one another because of delays and cost overruns on the EPR reactor …
- What this top dividend trust has been buying: Lloyds Banking Group plc, Centrica plc and Hostelworld Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 24, 2016 13:35 BST
Dividend expert Merchants Trust plc (LON:MRCH) has been buying Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY), Centrica plc (LON:CNA) and Hostelworld Group plc (LON:HSW).
- EDF says cannot give timing for UK nuclear investment decision Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 12:01 BST
EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) cannot give a definitive time for when the French utility will make an investment decision regarding the Hinkley C nuclear project in Britain, EDF Energy CEO Vincent de Rivaz told British lawmakers on Tuesday. It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) is expected to produce seven percent of Britain's …
- Are Severn Trent plc, Kingfisher plc and Halfords Group plc top income buys after today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Tue, May 24, 2016 10:45 BST
Roland Head explains why Kingfisher plc (LON:KGF) and Halfords Group plc (LON:HFD) could be better buys than Severn Trent plc (LON:SVT) after today's results.
- London open: Stocks rise ahead of BoE testimony Sharecast - Tue, May 24, 2016 10:05 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged higher on Tuesday ahead of a Parliamentary testimony from Bank of England officials including governor Mark Carney.
- EDF says cannot give timing for investment decision on UK nuclear project Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 24, 2016 09:49 BST
EDF cannot give a definitive time for when the French utility will make an investment decision regarding the Hinkley C nuclear project in Britain, EDF Energy CEO Vincent de Rivaz told British lawmakers ...
- GB Energy Supply launches new cheapest fixed-rate tariff - but you only have a month to snap it up Telegraph - Tue, May 24, 2016 08:48 BST
GB Energy Supply launches new cheapest fixed-rate tariff - but you only have a month to snap it up
- London close: Stocks fall after disappointing manufacturing data Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK equities declined on Monday as traders weighed a batch of disappointing manufacturing reports and hawkish remarks from Federal Reserve officials.
- S&P cuts Finland's TVO debt to junk as nuclear struggles to compete Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 17:49 BST
Ratings agency S&P pushed Finland-based Teollisuuden Voima Oyj's long-term debt into non-investment grade as the nuclear power producer's reactors struggle to cover their costs. Standard & Poor's downgraded ...
- London midday: Stocks dragged lower by miners and oil producers Sharecast - Mon, May 23, 2016 12:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were under the cosh on Monday as mining and oil shares edged lower.
- Are Genel Energy plc, Centrica plc and Rockhopper Exploration plc 3 must-have resources stocks? Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 23, 2016 12:10 BST
Should you buy or sell Genel Energy plc (LON: GENL), Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and Rockhopper Exploration plc (LON: RKH) right now?
- Three FTSE 100 champions I think you should avoid: Standard Chartered plc, Centrica plc and Tesco plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 23, 2016 11:22 BST
Should you avoid Standard Chartered plc (LON: STAN), Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and Tesco plc (LON: TSCO)?
- SSE and partners approve 2.6 bln pound Scottish wind farm Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 07:30 BST
British utility SSE and partners on Monday approved plans to build a 2.6 billion pound offshore wind farm in Scotland, reaffirming its commitment to large infrastructure deals after recently shelving two ...
- The power cutters shaking up Britain's energy market Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 23, 2016 07:00 BST
Britain is turning to a new way of making sure it doesn't run out of power, one that could turn the energy market on its head: rather than paying utilities to produce more electricity, it is paying firms that guarantee to cut industrial demand. The aggregators then sell the megawatt reduction they secure to power network …
- Investors Threaten Revolt Over Dividend Cuts Sky News - Sat, May 21, 2016 16:06 BST
Company directors who preside over sharp dividend cuts after the appointment of a new chief executive face losing support for their re-election, according to a warning from the City's most influential investor group. Sky News has obtained a letter sent on Friday by the Investment Association (IA (KOSDAQ: 038880.KQ - …
- Eurotunnel to build France-UK power link via Channel Tunnel Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 20, 2016 18:52 BST
Channel Tunnel operator Eurotunnel has agreed to buy investment fund Star Capital's 51 percent stake in their joint venture ElecLink, which is developing an electricity transmission line between Britain ...
- Friday newspaper share tips: National Grid and Ricardo Sharecast - Fri, May 20, 2016 18:11 BST
(ShareCast News) - Shares in National Grid are good to hold in portfolios because of their attractive yield, and the prospect of additional income further down the track, said The Times' Tempus column ...
- UPDATE 1-Britain's Rugeley coal-fired power plant to close by end of June -Engie Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 20, 2016 14:58 BST
Britain's Rugeley coal power plant will close by the end of June 2016 because of worsening conditions for coal generation, operator Engie said on Friday. The 1 gigawatt plant in the West Midlands county of Staffordshire is jointly owned by French power and gas group Engie and Mitsui & Co (Other OTC: MITSF - news) and …
- Britain's Rugeley coal-fired pwoer plant to close by end of June -Engie Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 20, 2016 12:17 BST
Britain's Rugeley coal power plant will close by the end of June 2016 because of worsening conditions for coal generation, operator Engie said on Friday. The 1 gigawatt plant in the West Midlands county ...
- Director Declaration Business Wire - Fri, May 20, 2016 11:15 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 20 May 2016 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Director Declaration In accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.14R, Centrica plc announces that Lesley Knox, Non-Executive Director, has been ...
- National Grid plc and Centrica plc are still great investments! Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 19, 2016 14:09 BST
National Grid plc (LON: NG) and Centrica plc (LON: CNA) shares just keep on rewarding investors.
- Does a 10% rise in earnings per share make National Grid plc a better buy than SSE plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, May 19, 2016 12:33 BST
National Grid plc (LON: NG) continues to outperform smaller rival SSE plc (LON: SSE).
- Holding(s) in Company Business Wire - Thu, May 19, 2016 11:30 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- For filings with the FCA include the annex For filings with issuer exclude the annex TR-1: NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES i 1. Identity of the issuer or the ...
- Scrip Reference Share Price Business Wire - Thu, May 19, 2016 10:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 19 May 2016 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Scrip Reference Share Price The Company offers shareholders the opportunity to receive ordinary shares of 6 14/81 pence each in the Company ...
- Norway opens new Arctic zones to oil exploration AFP - Wed, May 18, 2016 19:08 BST