- Centrica's bosses feel the heat from investigation Telegraph - Sat, Jul 4, 2015 19:01 BST
The Competition and Markets Authority’s “remedies statement”, due for publication on Tuesday, won’t be pulling its punches. , writes Jeremy Warner
- UK's Centrica extends North Morecambe gas field outage Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 17:20 BST
Britain's Centrica on Friday extended the duration of an unplanned outage at its North Morecambe gas field, with output now due to resume at 0500 GMT on July 4, it said in an updated market message. Previously ...
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 15:00 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 3 July 2015 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Notification of Transactions of Director/Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility Purchase of ordinary shares of 6 14/81 pence (‘Shares’) ...
- Defend Your Portfolio With National Grid plc, Cranswick plc & Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 13:47 BST
These 3 stocks could be great additions to your portfolio: National Grid plc (LON: NG), Cranswick plc (LON: CWK) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN).
- UK GAS-Prices supported by upcoming Norwegian maintenance Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 10:54 BST
British wholesale gas prices for day-ahead and next-week delivery rose on Friday as traders expected pending maintenance at Norway's giant Troll gasfield to restrict supply. Gas prices for immediate delivery, ...
- Britain's North Morecambe gas flows to resume at midday - Centrica Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jul 3, 2015 06:55 BST
An unplanned outage at Centrica's North Morecambe gas field has stopped production due to a technical process issue, with flows expected to resume at midday, Centrica said in a market message. The outage ...
- London close: BP leads UK stocks higher, but other markets slip Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 18:10 BST
Decent gains from blue chips BP and Dixons Carphone helped UK markets to rise on Thursday, bucking the negative trend seen across Europe as investors started to trim positions ahead of a pivotal weekend ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Jimmy Choo boosted by Barclays coverage, Synthomer lower on disappointing profits Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 17:26 BST
Mid-caps were trading slightly higher on Thursday, though weakness in the industrial metals, transport and technology provided a drag on gains.
- FTSE 100 movers: Intertek hit by downgrade, miners higher Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 17:10 BST
The FTSE 100 was buoyed by a tentative recovery in metal prices, strong construction data and gains in the pharmaceuticals, insurance and telecommunications sectors on Thursday.
- City Voices Fury At Board 'Kitchen-Sinking' Sky News - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 14:43 BST
The City's most powerful fund management body has hit back at the growing number of troubled blue-chip companies which downgrade profit forecasts and slash shareholder payouts shortly after new executives are parachuted in to transform their fortunes. Sky News has learnt that the Investment Association is to mount a campaign …
- 3 Of The Best Dividend Stocks That Money Can Buy: AstraZeneca plc, SSE PLC And Premier Farnell plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 12:06 BST
These 3 stocks could have a major impact on your income: AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), SSE PLC (LON: SSE) and Premier Farnell plc (LON: PFL)
- Greenpeace, German utilities launch suit against UK nuclear plant Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 10:30 BST
Greenpeace and nine German and Austrian utilities selling renewable energy said on Thursday they are launching legal action against state aid for a new British nuclear power plant, which was approved by the European Commission. Greenpeace and the others in the group said at a news briefing that the lawsuit would be filed …
- Greece crisis live: IMF says Greece needs €50bn bail-out as Varoufakis says he will resign if there is a "yes" vote Telegraph - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 08:38 BST
An estimated €8bn has been withdrawn from banks in last two weeks, and polls suggest vote will go down to the wire
- London midday: Stocks rise after UK construction data, but gains limited Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 01:22 BST
The FTSE 100 edged higher on Thursday after a strong reading of UK construction activity, though gains were limited amid ongoing uncertainty in Greece and ahead of a closely-followed report on the US labour ...
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Teladoc, Comstock, Peabody, WPCS Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 18:57 BST
U.S. stocks shed some of their gains on Wednesday after euro zone finance ministers put off further bailout talks until after Sunday's referendum in Greece. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.58 ...
- Thursday preview: US non-farm payrolls to steal the show Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 17:33 BST
Along with the usual tug-and-way battle between Greece and its creditors that is likely to continue on Thursday, the all-important US employment report will still probably grab a few headlines.
- Grexit Or No Grexit, These 4 Stocks Are Worth Buying: Centrica PLC, International Consolidated Airlines Group SA, Savills plc And Dignity Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 16:11 BST
No matter what the outcome of the Greek debt talks, these 4 stocks offer significant future potential: Centrica PLC (LON: CNA), International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (LON: IAG), Savills plc (LON: ...
- Should You Buy These Low-Beta Shares As The FTSE 100 Extends Losses? Unilever plc, National Grid plc, NEXT plc & IG Group Holdings plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 16:00 BST
Low beta shares, Unilever plc (LON:ULVR), National Grid plc (LON:NG), NEXT plc (LON:NXT) and IG Group Holdings plc (LON:IGG) offer greater safety from further downside in the FTSE 100.
- Total Voting Rights Business Wire - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 14:27 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- 1 July 2015 Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Total Voting Rights In conformity with the Disclosure and Transparency Rules (‘the Rules’), we notify the market of the following: As at ...
- London midday: Stocks surge on Greek deal hopes, but uncertainties remain Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 01:17 BST
Decent gains in the banking and travel sectors gave UK stocks a boost on Wednesday as sentiment was buoyed by hopes of a possible bailout deal in Greece.
- Government and EDF in talks over liabilities if Austria wins nuclear state aid appeal Telegraph - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 18:58 BST
Energy giant and Government yet to agree what would happen if Austrian challenge against state aid for Hinkley Point C is successful
- EDF's Areva deal to shake up UK Hinkley Point ownership Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 14:30 BST
Plans for French utility EDF (Swiss: EDF.SW - news) to buy Areva (Paris: FR0011027143 - news) 's nuclear business will mean a shake-up in the shareholder structure of Britain's first new nuclear plant to be built in a generation, an official at EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) 's British subsidiary said. EDF is negotiating …
- 4 Shares Yielding More Than 5%: GlaxoSmithKline plc, SSE plc, Infinis Energy plc & John Laing Environmental Assets Group Lt Fool.co.uk - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 06:56 BST
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK), SSE plc (LON:SSE), Infinis Energy plc (LON:INFI) and John Laing Environmental Assets Group Lt (LON:JLEN) have dividend yields above 5%
- Questor share tips: Defensive shares for a stock market selloff Telegraph - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 18:11 BST
The FTSE 100 has been falling but defensive shares with solid dividends should protect investors gains, says Questor
- Tuesday preview: Data to steal spotlight as Greek news takes back seat Sharecast - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 17:58 BST
As financial markets worldwide await a weekend referendum in Greece on a bailout proposal by creditors, the debt saga could take a back seat on Tuesday as a lack of developments turns the spotlight on ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Thomas Cook hit by travel market uncertainty, Ocado higher on deal speculation Sharecast - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 16:43 BST
Mid-caps plunged on Monday, with gains made by miners overshadowed by weakness in the travel and financial sectors, as Greece closed its banks and called for a public vote on bailout proposals by its creditors....
- Do Price Falls Make Banco Santander SA, Centrica PLC And GlaxoSmithKline plc Look Like Bargains? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 10:05 BST
Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), Centrica PLC (LON: CNS) and GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK) are looking tempting.
- Britain's Rough gas storage site in outage-Centrica Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 17:31 BST
Britain's Rough gas storage site has an unplanned outage due to a compressor issue, operator Centrica Storage Ltd said on Friday. The outage started at 1041 local time and was expected to end at 1800 local ...
- Week ahead: Greece at the forefront of investors' minds Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 17:03 BST
The coming week may well see the imposition of capital controls in Greece should the country fail to reach an agreement with its creditors.
- Why Would Anyone Buy Tesco PLC, Anglo American plc, BP plc And SSE PLC At These Prices? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 14:24 BST
Royston Wild explains why investors should avoid Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO), Anglo American plc (LON: AAL), BP plc (LON: BP) and SSE PLC (LON: SSE).
- London midday: Stocks drop ahead of weekend Greek debt talks Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 01:12 BST
UK stocks were trading firmly in the red on Friday as investors showed their nerves ahead of a crucial weekend for Greece, as debt talks go down to the wire.
- Reuters Business News Schedule at 1230 GMT/0830 AM ET Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 13:45 BST
Editor: Philippa Fletcher +44 7766 705527 Global Picture Desk: +65 6870 3775 Global Graphics Desk: +65 6870 3595 Receive this schedule by email: http://mediaexpress.reuters.com TOP STORIES Creditors set ...
- Why Rio Tinto plc Is A Better Income Stock Than RSA Insurance Group plc And Pennon Group plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 11:10 BST
Here's why the dividend appeal of Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) exceeds that of RSA Insurance Group plc (LON: RSA) and Pennon Group plc (LON: PNN)
- Should You Buy Centrica PLC As The Company Restructures, Or Play It Safe With National Grid plc? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 09:37 BST
Is Centrica PLC (LON: CNA) a recovery play or should you stick with National Grid plc (LON: NG)?
- Cheniere Sabine Pass LNG U.S. export terminal to get first natgas soon Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 16:45 BST
Cheniere Energy Inc (AMEX: LNG - news) will get the first supplies in the coming weeks to test the Sabine Pass liquefied natural gas export terminal in Louisiana, industry sources said Wednesday. Sabine Pass is expected to export its first LNG cargo in mid-December, making it the first LNG export terminal in the lower …