- London close: FTSE rises ahead of Fed interest rate decision Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 17:56 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 finished higher on Wednesday, rebounding from earlier declines, as investors weighed UK economic data and awaited the Federal Reserve's latest policy decision.
- European shares helped by rise in utilities, oils; Athens drops Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 15:38 BST
European shares edged higher on Wednesday helped by gains among utilities and energy stocks, while Greek equities lost ground after euro zone officials delayed a meeting on the country's bailout. Greece's ...
- FTSE 100 movers: Glaxo healthy on Q1 sales report; Tesco down on JPM note Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 15:03 BST
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE was up slightly in early afternoon trade, with the blue-chip index rising 0.2% to 6,297 points at 1348 BST.
- First shipment of US natural gas to EU arrives AFP - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 09:53 BST
- London midday: Stocks slide as UK economy loses momentum Sharecast - Wed, Apr 27, 2016 01:10 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were under the cosh on Wednesday as official data showed UK economic growth slowed to 0.4% in the first quarter of 2016.
- Dubai's DUSUP buys total of 3 LNG cargoes from Centrica, Gazprom Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 16:09 BST
The Dubai Supply Authority purchased a total of three liquefied natural gas cargoes from Gazprom and Centrica, trade sources said. Centrica will supply two of the cargoes, while Gazprom will supply one, ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Cobham tanks on profit warning; Aberdeen hit by downgrade Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 15:41 BST
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 250 was down 0.2% to 16,930.46 in afternoon trading.
- Are dividends at Centrica plc & HSBC Holdings plc on a knife-edge? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 14:47 BST
Royston Wild explains why shareholder payouts at Centrica plc (LON: CNA) and HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA) could be in peril.
- Director/PDMR Shareholding Business Wire - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 14:45 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc (‘the Company’) Director Shareholdings Acquisition of ordinary shares of 6 14/81 pence (‘Shares’) On 25 April 2016, in accordance with Share Purchase Agreements entered ...
- EDF Share Fallout Over Hinkley Funding Plan Sky News - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 14:31 BST
Investors have fled EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) shares after the French firm confirmed new cash-raising plans aimed at cutting debt and funding the Hinkley Point C nuclear plant. Markets had closed on Friday when EDF confirmed it was seeking €4bn through the sale of new shares. EDF, majority-owned by the French …
- UK lawmakers ramp up pressure on EDF over Hinkley nuclear plant Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 13:52 BST
British lawmakers have ordered EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) executives to appear in Parliament for a second time in three months, ramping up pressure on the French utility over its delay in making a decision to build the 18 billion pound ($26.3 billion) Hinkley Point C nuclear plant. EDF last week delayed making a …
- London midday: Stocks rise after slate of corporate earnings Sharecast - Tue, Apr 26, 2016 12:50 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks edged higher on Tuesday as traders digested a raft of corporate earnings.
- EDF shares dive 11 percent on news of capital injection AFP - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 19:17 BST
- RWE joins UK coal retreat with reduced Aberthaw operations Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 18:27 BST
RWE (LSE: 0FUZ.L - news) npower will reduce operating hours at its 1,600 megawatt Aberthaw coal-fired power plant in Wales from April 1 next year, it said on Monday, as the British power sector eyes government plans for all coal plants to shut by 2025. RWE npower said it would discard its current production model to focus …
- Europe close: Stocks edge lower as oil, confidence declines Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 18:02 BST
(ShareCast News) - European stocks edged lower at close on Monday as oil prices retreated and investors digested a weaker-than-expected reading on German business confidence.
- European shares knocked down by falls at EDF and banks Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 17:29 BST
European shares fell further below last week's three-month high on Monday, as a slump in French utility EDF and weaker banking stocks pushed the market lower. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which ...
- European shares fall from three-month high as EDF slumps Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 12:28 BST
European shares fell further below last week's three-month high on Monday, as weak mining stocks and a drop in French utility EDF weighed on the market. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index was down ...
- SSE says all Hornsea gas storage capacity for 2016/17 contracted Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 11:29 BST
All capacity for the 2016/17 storage year at Britain's Hornsea gas storage site has been contracted, operator SSE said on Monday. The company auctioned 130,000,000 standard bundled units of gas storage ...
- EDF shares fall 5 percent on news of capital injection AFP - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 10:32 BST
- London open: Miners drag equities into the red Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 10:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks declined on Monday, reflecting a drop in mining shares and worries over the health of the UK high street.
- Europe open: Stocks edge lower; German Ifo in focus Sharecast - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 09:47 BST
(ShareCast News) - European stocks edged lower in early trade at the start of a week that will see rate announcements from the Federal Reserve and the Bank of Japan, with a focus on key German data later ...
- European shares edge down further from three-month high Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 09:33 BST
European shares edged lower on Monday, consolidating gains from a strong week which saw a top index touch a 3-month high, with a drop in French utility EDF (Hanover: E2F.HA - news) weighing on the market. Top faller on the FTSEurofirst 300 was EDF, which slumped 6 percent to 11.50 euros on a capital raising plan.
- EDF shares dive 7 percent after delay in UK nuclear decision AFP - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 09:27 BST
- Is BHP Billiton plc A Better Income Stock Than SSE PLC And Intu Properties PLC? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Apr 25, 2016 09:20 BST
Should you ditch SSE PLC (LON: SSE) and Intu Properties PLC (LON: INTU) in favour of BHP Billiton plc (LON: BLT) due to its dividend prospects?
- France's EDF to decide on UK nuclear project in September AFP - Sun, Apr 24, 2016 06:50 BST
- EDF to extend depreciation period for nuclear plants this year - CEO Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, Apr 23, 2016 11:33 BST
French utility EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) will extend the depreciation period for its nuclear plants this year, its CEO said in a newspaper interview, an accounting move that will free up cash for costly investment projects in France and Britain. "By the closing of our first-half results, we will draw the accounting …
- France to lead 4 bn euro cash injection for EDF AFP - Sat, Apr 23, 2016 09:20 BST
- France to lead 4 billion euro cash injection for EDF AFP - Sat, Apr 23, 2016 00:16 BST
- EDF secures state-backed finance deal ahead of Hinkley Point decision Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 22:13 BST
French utility EDF has secured a new government-backed multibillion-euro financing package ahead of making the final investment decision on its Hinkley Point nuclear power plant project in Britain. Without mentioning the 18 billion pound (23 billion euros) British project, EDF said on Friday that following a review of …
- EDF to propose 4 bln-euro share issue, scrip dividends in 2016-17 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 19:33 BST
French state-controlled utility EDF said in a statement it plans to propose a 4 billion euro share capital increase by the closure of its 2016 accounts as well as an option to pay the dividend related ...
- EDF delays Hinkley Point decision to consult works council-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 17:37 BST
French state-controlled utility EDF has delayed the final investment decision on its project to build two nuclear plants in Britain until after its May 12 shareholders' meeting in order to consult its ...
- EDF delays Hinkley Point decision to consult works council -Les Echos Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 17:28 BST
French state-controlled utility EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) has delayed the final investment decision on its project to build two nuclear plants in Britain till after its May 12 shareholders meeting in order to be able to consult its works council about the plan, financial daily Les Echos said on its website. French …
- Hinkley Point C Faces State Aid Legal Threat Sky News - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 12:43 BST
Greenpeace has threatened the prospect of legal action if state aid is granted to enable French energy firm EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 - news) to build a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point. The environmental campaign group and green energy firm Ecotricity have published what they say is independent legal opinion …
- EDF threatened with possible legal challenge over Hinkley C subsidies Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 12:28 BST
Greenpeace and renewable energy supplier Ecotricity on Friday threatened to take legal action against the Hinkley C nuclear power plant in Britain if the French government offers financial support for ...
- Hidden Exposure To Oil Could Crash Barclays plc, HSBC Holdings plc And Centrica PLC Fool.co.uk - Fri, Apr 22, 2016 11:00 BST
Barclays plc (LON: BARC), HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA) and Centrica PLC (LON: CNA) have more exposure to oil and gas prices and you think, warns Harvey Jones.