Report Scope: This report covers all the commercially available product forms that are being consumed by the end-user industries. The silicone industry will also be analyzed at the regional (and country) level.
New York, April 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Silicones: Global Markets" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06045391/?utm_source=GNW
The market size and estimates are provided in terms of volume (kilotons) and revenue (USD millions) with 2019 as base year.Market forecasts are provided for 2020 to 2025.
The impact of COVID-19 is also considered while deriving the market estimates.
- 111 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for silicones
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends with data from 2019 to 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Analysis of market size and market estimates, both in terms of volume (Kilotons) and revenue ($ Millions) and market share analysis of the silicones based on region, product form and end use
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market
- Impact of COVID-19 on the silicone industry, and insights into regulatory framework and new product launches
- Coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major players of the industry, including CHT Germany GmbH, Dow Silicones Corp., Evonik Industries AG, Innospec, Shin-Etsu Chemical and Wacker Chemie AG
The global market for siliconeswas valued at REDACTED in 2019 and is projected to be valued at REDACTED by 2025, at a CAGRof REDACTED over the forecast period. In terms of volume, or consumption, the global market for silicones stood at REDACTED in 2019 and the demand is projected to reach REDACTED by the end of the forecast period,with a CAGRof REDACTED through 2025.
Silicones are a general category of syntheticpolymerswhose backbone ismade of repeating silicone to oxygen bonds (siloxane bonds)with organic side groups, such as methyl, phenylor vinyl.The numberof repeating units can range fromone to several thousand.
Silicones are a family of high-performance specialty materials.The family of silicones includes siloxanes and silanes.
All these compounds are widely used to make thousands of products for severalend-use sectors.
Due to the excellent chemicalproperties of silicones, they are extensively used across diverse industry sectors such as automotive and transportation, the personal care and cosmetics industry, industrial sector, oil and gas, building and construction, papermaking, energy, healthcare, and textiles.Silicones are highly temperature stable, chemically inert, and have a high dielectric constant.
They can be easily customized. All this has led to their extensive use as adhesives, sealants, additives, release agents and defoaming agents.
The current growth of the silicones industry is primarily driven by demand fromthe automotive sector, due to the extensive use of sensors and other electronic components in the newest generation of cars and electric vehicles.The construction, energy and personal care sectorswill also drive the demand over coming years.
However, uncertainty over the rawmaterial supply and prices may hamper the anticipated growth.Many capacity expansions and investmentswere put on hold due to the economic situation caused by the COVID-19pandemic,which is not expected to normalize until early 2022. The global pandemic caused a disruption in the supply chain, leading to reduced demand and stagnant
growth for the silicone industry in 2020.
The global silicones industry is a highly concentratedmarketwith the top five players accounting for more than 80% of the global sales. These companies – Dow Silicones Corp., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Momentive Performance Materials, WackerChemie and ElkemASA – are located in the U.S., Japan, Germany and China. These players offer awide range of formulations customized for each end-use industry. There is a limited numberof manufacturers of silicone at the regional and local levels.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06045391/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001