Sports Nutrition Global Market Report 2023: Growing Awareness of Fitness and Active Living Boosts Sector
Global Sports Nutrition Market
Dublin, March 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Sports Nutrition Global Market Report 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global sports nutrition market grew from $35.95 billion in 2022 to $39.56 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1%. The sports nutrition market is expected to grow to $58.29 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of 10.2%.
North America was the largest region in the sports nutrition market in 2022. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the forecast period. The regions covered in the sports nutrition market report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The main types of sports nutrition covered in this report are protein powder; ISO drink powder; sports supplements; RTD protein drinks; sports drinks; energy bars. Protein powders are powdered proteins derived from plants, eggs, or milk. The ISO drink powder is an amino acid that aids in cardiovascular health, electrolyte balance, insulin sensitivity and other functions. Sports supplements are powders, pills, or drinks that are used to increase muscle mass, decrease weight, or increase endurance.
RTD protein drinks typically include 8-15% standard protein on average, manufactured with milk protein or whey protein isolate. Sports beverages restore glucose and electrolytes lost during severe exercise while also increasing endurance. Energy bars are regarded as a convenient on-the-go snack that provides a quick burst of energy.
Based on raw materials, the market is segmented into animal-derived; plant-based; and mixed. The various distribution channels are supermarkets and hypermarkets; specialty stores; convenience stores; online stores; and other distribution channels. Commercial users, body builders, recreational users, and athletes are the most common end-users of sports nutrition products.
Growing awareness of fitness and active living is significantly driving the growth of the sports nutrition market. The growing awareness of fitness and active living increases the inclination towards sports and fitness activities and, thereby, the consumption of sports nutrition products. The increasing awareness of fitness makes consumers seek proper and nutritious supplements.
According to the 2020 IHRSA (International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association) Health Club Consumer Report, the number of times Americans used a health club increased by 45% between 2010 and 2019. Additionally, the awareness of sports and physical recreation employment activities increased to 104200 in 2021 from 61000 in 2020. So, the increasing awareness of fitness and active living is expected to propel the growth of the sports nutrition market.
Product innovation is a key trend gaining popularity in the sports nutrition imaging market. Major companies operating in the sports nutrition sector are focused on developing innovative products to strengthen their position. For instance, in October 2020, HealthXP, an online protein supplement store based out of India, launched Shield Whey, which blends whey protein with an array of immunity boosters, focusing on the need to increase immunity due to COVID-19.
In June 2021, GenTech Holdings, a company based in the United States that specialises in functional foods and coffee, acquired NxtBar for an undisclosed amount. With this acquisition, GenTech will implement various operational synergies, including a considerable expansion of NxtBar's sales reach into large retail outlets with which it already has a relationship. NxtBar is a USA-based company that produces sports nutrition products, specialising in paleo and keto-friendly bars.
Reasons to Purchase
Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
Understand how the market has been affected by the COVID-19 and how it is responding as the impact of the virus abates.
Assess the Russia - Ukraine war's impact on agriculture, energy and mineral commodity supply and its direct and indirect impact on the market.
Measure the impact of high global inflation on market growth.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
Understand customers based on the latest market shares.
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
1) By Type: Protein Powder; ISO Drink Powder; Sports Supplements; RTD Protein Drinks; Sports Drinks; Energy Bars
2) By Raw Material: Animal Derived; Plant-Based; Mixed
3) By Distribution Channel: Supermarkets/Hypermarkets; Specialty Stores; Convenience Stores; Online Stores; Other Distribution Channels
4) By End-User: Commercial; Body Builders; Recreational Users; Atheletes
No. of Pages
2023 - 2027
Estimated Market Value (USD) in 2023
Forecasted Market Value (USD) by 2027
Compound Annual Growth Rate
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Sports Nutrition Market Characteristics
3. Sports Nutrition Market Trends And Strategies
4. Sports Nutrition Market - Macro Economic Scenario
5. Sports Nutrition Market Size And Growth
6. Sports Nutrition Market Segmentation
7. Sports Nutrition Market Regional And Country Analysis
8. Asia-Pacific Sports Nutrition Market
9. China Sports Nutrition Market
10. India Sports Nutrition Market
11. Japan Sports Nutrition Market
12. Australia Sports Nutrition Market
13. Indonesia Sports Nutrition Market
14. South Korea Sports Nutrition Market
15. Western Europe Sports Nutrition Market
16. UK Sports Nutrition Market
17. Germany Sports Nutrition Market
18. France Sports Nutrition Market
19. Eastern Europe Sports Nutrition Market
20. Russia Sports Nutrition Market
21. North America Sports Nutrition Market
22. USA Sports Nutrition Market
23. South America Sports Nutrition Market
24. Brazil Sports Nutrition Market
25. Middle East Sports Nutrition Market
26. Africa Sports Nutrition Market
27. Sports Nutrition Market Competitive Landscape And Company Profiles
28. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Sports Nutrition Market
29. Sports Nutrition Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes
Clif Bar & Company
Abbott Nutrition Inc.
Post Holdings Inc.
The Coca-Cola Company
BA Sports Nutrition
The Bountiful Company
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.
Ultimate Nutrition Inc.
Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC.
The Hut.Com Ltd.
Cardiff Sports Nutrition Limited
Creative Edge Nutrition
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yhmltz
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900