TCS Group Holding PLC (TCS)
Statement on Tinkoff Bank's RAS Financial Highlights for January - December 2020
Moscow, Russia - 04 February 2021. TCS Group Holding PLC (LI: TCS, MOEX: TCSG) (the "Group"), Russia's leading provider of online financial and lifestyle services via its Tinkoff ecosystem, today announces Tinkoff Bank's unaudited RAS financial highlights for January - December 2020.
For the twelve months of 2020, net income stood at RUB 36.9bn versus RUB 27.5bn in January - December 2019.
It should be noted that the RAS net income figure is not a reliable indicator of IFRS net income for the same period. There is a very low correlation between financial results under the two reporting standards as a result of significant accounting differences. Therefore, RAS figures should not be used as the basis for conclusions on forthcoming IFRS results.
The gross loan portfolio amounted to RUB 430bn representing an increase of 16% y-o-y. The net loan portfolio amounted to RUB 358bn having increased by 13% y-o-y and constituted 44% of total assets (57% at year-end 2019).
Retail customer accounts stood at RUB 533bn. Tinkoff Bank continued to retain substantial liquidity: the CBR N2 ratio stood at 73% (minimum requirement: 15%), and the CBR N3 ratio was 127% (minimum requirement: 50%). Retail customer accounts constituted 81% of total liabilities.
Total assets increased by 46% y-o-y to RUB 810bn.
In December 2020, Tinkoff Bank paid dividends to its shareholder (TCSGH) in the amount of RUB 5bn. As a result, total capital including retained profits (based on Form 123) amounted to RUB 121.3bn. as of 1 January 2021. The CBR N1 capital adequacy ratio was 13%. Core Capital Adequacy Ratio (N1.1) was 10.1% and Main Capital Adequacy Ratio (N1.2) was 12.4%.
Note on RAS results
Please note that the figures in this press release are calculated in accordance with Tinkoff Bank's internal methodology which is available at:
RAS results are not a reliable indicator of IFRS results due to significant accounting differences that make a direct read-across from RAS to IFRS results impossible. The main differences between RAS and IFRS are:
TCS Group Holding PLC
TCS Group Holding PLC is an innovative provider of online retail financial services. It includes Tinkoff Bank, mobile virtual network operator Tinkoff Mobile, Tinkoff Insurance, management company Tinkoff Capital, Tinkoff Software DC, a network of development hubs in major Russian cities, and Tinkoff Education. The Group is currently developing Tinkoff ecosystem, which offers financial and lifestyle services.
The Group was founded in 2006 by Russian entrepreneur Oleg Tinkov and has been listed on the London Stock Exchange and on the Moscow Exchange.
The Group's key business is Tinkoff Bank, a fully online bank that serves over 11 mn customers and forms the core of the Tinkoff ecosystem.
Tinkoff Bank is the second largest player in the Russian credit card market, with a share of 13.2%. The 9M 2020 IFRS net income of TCS Group Holding PLC amounted to RUB 31.9bn. The ROE was 40.8%.
With no branches, the Group serves all its customers remotely via online channels and a cloud-based call centre. To ensure smooth delivery of the Group's products, the Group has a proprietary nationwide network of representatives.
In 2018, Global Finance named Tinkoff Bank the world's Best Consumer Digital Bank, in 2019, 2018, 2016 and 2015, the Best Consumer Digital Bank in Russia, and in 2019, the Best Consumer Digital Bank in Central and Eastern Europe. In 2017 and 2013, the Banker recognised Tinkoff Bank as the Bank of the Year in Russia. The bank's mobile app has consistently received top industry ratings and awards (in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 by Deloitte and in 2018 by Global Finance).
EQS News ID:
End of Announcement
EQS News Service