Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Monday:
• Equifax (NYSE:EFX)stock fell 0.2% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20GMT) after reports that it will pay $700 million to settle various federal and state investigations into a 2017 data breach that exposed the personal data of nearly 150 million Americans.
• Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) stock rose 1.8%, bouncing from a drop of over 8% last week, after better-than-expected earnings. They were still overshadowed by $247 million of impairments.
• Micron (NASDAQ:MU) stock surged 3.1% after Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) upgraded the semiconductor company to buy from neutral on the grounds that memory chip inventory will be depleted faster than originally thought. It's risen over 35% since mid-June.
• Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS) stock gained 0.8% after The Lion King became its fifth blockbuster in 2019, while "Endgame", the finale of its Avengers series, became the highest-grossing film of all time.
• Philips (NYSE:PHG) stock jumped 4.8% after the Dutch health technology company posted strong sales growth in the second quarter and upheld its guidance for profit and margin expansion.
in the second quarter.