- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
DGAP-News: SYNLAB AG / Key word(s): Mergers & Acquisitions
SYNLAB, Europe's leading medical diagnostics services provider, with a presence in 5 Latin American countries, closes the acquisition of Laboratorio Médico Polanco and Laboratorio Clinicos de Puebla, formely owned by Mexico listed company Medica Sur.
This acquisition marks a clear acceleration in SYNLAB's regional development. By adding more than 100 diagnostic service points -representing revenue of around EUR 55 million in 2020- and 1,700 skilled employees, including an experienced management team, SYNLAB has now a strong platform to further consolidate the local market.
In August 2021, SYNLAB already closed one additional bolt-on acquisition in Mexico. The acquired business generated around EUR 8 million of revenue in 2020.
SYNLAB has now exceeded its 2021 target for M&A. With a strong and diversified pipeline of future acquisition targets, SYNLAB continues its journey of consolidating the industry.
- SYNLAB, (ISIN: DE000A2TSL71, SYMBOL: SYAB) is the largest European clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services company and offers a full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics for patients, practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Providing the leading level of service within the industry, SYNLAB is the partner of choice for diagnostics in human and veterinary medicine. The Group continuously innovates medical diagnostic services for the benefit of patients and customers.
- SYNLAB operates in 36 countries across four continents and holds leading positions in most markets. More than 20,000 employees, including over 1,200 medical experts, as well as a large number of other specialists such as biologists, chemists and laboratory technicians, contribute every day to the Group's worldwide success. SYNLAB carries out ~500 million laboratory tests per year and achieved revenues of EUR 2.6 billion in 2020.
- More information can be found on www.synlab.com  Including COVID-19 testing
02.11.2021 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
Moosacher Straße 88
Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange
EQS News ID:
End of News
DGAP News Service