The 18-year-old was ambushed by three teenagers in a train carriage last September, suffering wounds to his head, shoulder, and hand as well as losing his left eye.
Jaheim Smith-Williams and Gabriel Burke-Georgiou, both 18, have both been jailed for six years and nine months for the attack, while a 15-year-old boy was sentenced to five years and one month in prison.
British Transport Police said the victim and his attackers were from rival gangs which was the reason behind the brutal attack.
The 18-year-old victim was targeted as the northbound train left Northumberland Park station in Tottenham at around 7pm on September 24 last year.
Burke-Georgiou, then 17, started the attack before Smith-Williams pulled out a Rambo-style knife, lunging at the victim at least three times.
Shocked train passengers attempted to flee the carriage, initially blocking the attempts of the younger boy – then 14-years-old - to join in the attack.
The boy eventually fought through the crowd to join in the assault, pulling out a machete he had been carrying.
The victim was stabbed several times more as he retreated down the train carriage, falling to the floor with his hand over his left eye.
The attackers fled at Meridian Water station, stealing the victim’s electric scooter and ditching the knives nearby, while the wounded teenager also left the train and collapsed outside a nearby supermarket.
“This was a premeditated and vicious attack on-board a busy train which left the victim with life-changing injuries”, said British Transport Police Detective Constable Nick Barr.
“It was incredibly distressing for witnessing passengers and I would like to thank those witnesses for assisting our investigation and bringing those responsible to justice.”
Smith-Williams, from Spitalfields in east London, Burke-Georgiou, of Tottenham, and the 15-year-old from north London all admitted wounding with intent to grievous bodily harm.
They were sentenced at the Old Bailey on April 9.
Watch the latest videos from Yahoo News UK