The Bachelor star Colton Underwood is urging young people to take the threat of coronavirus seriously, after having tested positive himself.
Underwood starred in the season of the reality show that ended in March 2019, after first competing on Becca Kufrin’s season of The Bachelorette.
“I became symptomatic a few days ago, got my test results back today and they are positive,” Underwood said in a video posted Friday. “And it’s been kicking my ass, just to put it very bluntly. The main thing is I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath or go to the bathroom without having to sit down because I’m exhausted.”
Underwood, 28, said he works out and eats a healthy diet, but he still ended up sick.
“So, I guess, the reason I’m sharing this is not to cause fear or panic but to hopefully encourage you guys to stay at home, do your part. Take care of yourselves, take care of one another.”
Underwood noted that he’s “doing OK.” He said he’s recovering at the family home of Cassie Randolph, the woman he chose on the show.
Randolph said on her Instagram Stories on Friday that Underwood and her family had been keeping themselves in quarantine for a week.
She gave some information on Underwood’s symptoms and promised to give updates.
Earlier in the week, Randolph was the one struggling, after she was stung by a jellyfish while swimming in the ocean.
For the latest news on the evolving coronavirus outbreak, follow along here. According to experts, people over 60 and those who are immunocompromised continue to be the most at risk. If you have questions, please reference the CDC and WHO’s resource guides.
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo Entertainment & Lifestyle's newsletter.