- HMRC to handle tax credit system in-house after Concentrix contract ends PA Money News - 10 minutes ago
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar CNBC - 16 minutes ago
"This week happens to be a huge week in the history of the Mac, and the history of Apple," Cook said.
- Read the hacked memo detailing part of 'Bill Clinton, Inc' CNBC - 16 minutes ago
The document lays out some of the overlap between the Clinton charity and the family's for-profit interests.
- Janet Yellen's talk about a 'high-pressure economy' may just be a bargaining chip CNBC - 17 minutes ago
Fed Chair Janet Yellen has sent minds reeling again with a relative new addition to the monetary policy lexicon.
- ServiceNow shares surge more than 10% as billings crush expectations CNBC - 18 minutes ago
Shares of ServiceNow surged after the company reported third-quarter earnings above analyst expectations.
- Chinese state fund lures Hermes into £11bn National Grid bid Sky News - 21 minutes ago
The City asset manager owned by BT's pension fund has joined a Chinese government-led bid for the UK's biggest gas pipeline network amid ministerial warnings that foreign takeovers of British assets will attract closer scrutiny. Sky News has learnt that Hermes Investment Management signed up on Thursday to a consortium …
- RIP Vine: Why is Twitter dumping video sharing app? Sky News - 24 minutes ago
- CenturyLink jumps on report of merger talk with Level 3 Communications CNBC - 27 minutes ago
- IMF chief says Egypt in currency 'crisis' AFP - 36 minutes ago
- US Treasury yields hold higher after note sale CNBC - 36 minutes ago
U.S. government debt prices were lower on Thursday as investors digested the release of several pieces of data and a bond auction.
- This innovative music broadcaster is building a virtual reality concert venue @ Business Insider UK - 37 minutes ago
Pioneering music broadcaster Boiler Room is partnering with Inception, a provider of 360-degree video and virtual reality entertainment, to create a venue in London to film and broadcast live music events in VR. Millions of people tune in to Boiler Room broadcasts to revel in music events they can’t attend in-person.
- Millionaire Labour donor to create "Hard Brexit" campaign group @ City A.M. - 38 minutes ago
Millionaire Labour donor John Mills is in early talks to create a new campaign group to push for a so-called “Hard Brexit”. Mills, who campaigned for a Leave vote during the referendum, is looking to corral business figures to back a drive under the banner “Business for Brexit”. The founder of JML has been a thorn in …
- Dow, S&P struggle for direction as bond yields surge; real estate slides 2 percent CNBC - 38 minutes ago
- It’s time to celebrate the human side of the hedge fund industry @ City A.M. - 39 minutes ago
This brave mother recounted her young son’s battle with cancer and how his nurses and doctors ensured that no Christmas was left uncelebrated for the three years the little boy, named Blue, had to endure intense chemotherapy. The audience members were not patients, advocates, or doctors, but a group of hedge fund professionals …
- Ivanka Trump faces boycott calls over dad's campaign AFP - 39 minutes ago
- Kevin Plank is not done fighting, calls Under Armour 'the American dream' CNBC - 53 minutes ago
The University of Maryland graduate hopes his start-up success story inspires other would-be entrepreneurs.
- May must get serious about economic reform to weather Brexit turbulence @ City A.M. - 54 minutes ago
- Tesla skeptics remain unconvinced, even after Elon Musk's big earnings beat CNBC - 1 hour 1 minute ago
Tesla's third-quarter earnings results had something for both bulls and bears.
- Apple pushes into the TV market and launches a new MacBook @ City A.M. - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Apple is pushing into the television market, offering a new TV app that works on both iPhones and iPads. Apple's chief executive Tim Cook said Apple TV would become the place where customers access all of their television. The tech giant has also launched a new MacBook Pro - the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro Apple …
- Belgium breaks deadlock on EU-Canada trade deal AFP - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
- Embrace road pricing to banish government infrastructure white elephants @ City A.M. - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
It is odds on that Philip Hammond will announce in the Autumn Statement that government spending constraints will be relaxed to facilitate investment in infrastructure. The UK government already has among the highest borrowing levels in the OECD, and current government borrowing is effectively being used to finance consumption …
- ISIS militants may be using underground tunnels to escape Iraqi forces near Mosul @ Business Insider UK - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
- What do strong GDP figures mean for the Autumn Statement? @ City A.M. - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Next month's Autumn Statement may not be the mighty spending spree some had expected, as today's expectation-beating GDP figures could prompt a rethink inside the Treasury about how far they need to go. Chancellor Philip Hammond has promised a fiscal reset, although growth of 0.5 per cent in the third quarter is significantly …
- 4 Iranian arms shipments to Yemen have reportedly been stopped since April 2015 @ Business Insider UK - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Warships from the US Navy and allied nations have intercepted four weapons shipments from Iran to war-ravaged Yemen since April 2015, a US admiral said Thursday. Yemen has been rocked by conflict since Iran-backed Huthi rebels overran the capital Sanaa and other large parts of the country in 2014, prompting military intervention …
- Nissan and Government deny 'sweetheart deal' over UK investment Sky News - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Nissan's decision to build two new car models in Sunderland was not a result of any sweetheart deal between the company and the Government, they have said. The PM's spokesperson later insisted no compensation package or "special deal" had been done with Nissan to secure the investment, though she would not be drawn on …
- Twitter plots new path after merger talks fail AFP - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- A 26-year-old with $150,000 in the bank shares his best saving tip CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
"The Money Wizard" puts away 60% of his income and expects to have at least $750,000 by 37.
- After positive 3rd quarter GDP figures, has Project Fear been proved wrong? @ City A.M. - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
David Blake, a professor at Cass Business School, City University London, says Yes. The Treasury’s pre-Brexit scaremongering has been proven so wrong, but it sticks to its original, completely implausible assumptions. Its latest position is that those forecasts were made based on the assumption that Article 50 would be …
- Commodities Round-up: Oil futures reverse intraday declines on Opec chatter @ International Business Times Finance ONC UK - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Oil futures edged above $50 per barrel on Thursday (27 October) after a report suggested Opec members could cut their individual production by as much as 4%, trouncing doubts over the cartel's ability to enforce a production cut it proposed in September. At 5:01pm BST, the West Texas Intermediate front month futures contract …
- Barclays bank takes new £600m hit over PPI mis-selling AFP - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
- Qualcomm bags Dutch NXP in semiconductors mega deal AFP - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
- How Baked by Melissa's founder bounced back from a layoff with a multimillion-dollar business CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
After Melissa Ben-Ishay lost her job, she found her passion and turned it into a startling success.
- Deep below the ocean's surface, water is eating away one of the world's largest blocks of ice @ Business Insider UK - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
The Smith Glacier, part of a complex of ice flows in Antarctica's Amundsen Sea, is melting. Smith and the other Amundsen Sea glaciers are part of a complex of ice flows in the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet that together lock away enough water to raise global sea levels by about ten feet. NASAFor the last decade and a half, …
- GrubHub's record-breaking performance continues (GRUB) @ Business Insider UK - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
This story was delivered to BI Intelligence "E-Commerce Briefing" subscribers. Grubhub Inc. continues to outperform previous quarters as it increases revenue and onboards more users. The company reported record revenue for the third quarter of this year, its financials reinforcing both Grubhub and Seamless as top players …
- Oil and airlines are doing something very strange CNBC - 1 hour 42 minutes ago