(Updates throughout as prices change direction)
LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - British wholesale gas prices rose on Friday after news of an extended outage at Norway's Nyhamna gas processing plant prompted buying.
* Within-day gas price rose 2.60 pence to 30.00 pence per therm at 1428 GMT.
* Day-ahead gas price rose 3.10 pence to 30.00 p/therm.
* "The Nyhamna (outage) is looking much longer than expected," a gas trader said.
* Operator Gassco said on Friday afternoon an outage at the processing plant would last until Aug. 26 at the earliest.
* It had been scheduled to come back on July 6.
* UK gas prices had fallen earlier in the day on expectations of higher supplies from Norway.
* Peak wind generation is forecast at 6.2 gigawatts for Friday, dropping to 5.5 GW on Saturday.
* Send-out from liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals is seen steady at 13 mcm.
* Day-ahead gas price at the Dutch TTF hub rose 0.55 euro to 10.90 megawatt hours to trade.
* Benchmark Dec-19 EU carbon contract was up 0.29 euro at 26.31 euros a tonne. (Reporting by Susanna Twidale; editing by Nina Chestney)