Dear traders, the USD/JPY is building a bearish pullback at the previous top (red), which is a key decision zone for a bullish break or bearish reversal.
4 hour chart
The USD/JPY was unable to break the top and resistance (red) with its first breakout attempt. Price is now retracing back to the Fibonacci levels of wave 4 vs 3. A bearish break below the 50% invalidates (red x) the wave 4 (blue). A bullish break confirms (green check) the move up towards the Fibonacci targets.
1 hour chart
The USD/JPY is building an ABC flat correction (green) within wave 4 (blue). The current wave C (green) is expected to finish at the Fibo levels of wave 4 (blue). A break below the 50% (red x) indicates a different wave count.
The analysis has been done with the help of SWAT method (simple wave analysis and trading)
For more daily technical and wave analysis and updates, sign-up up to our newsletter
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Gold Price Prediction – Gold Risk Premium Dwindles as Riskier Asset Rally
- U.S Inflation Figures Puts the USD in Focus as the Markets Monitor News from China
- USD/JPY Builds ABC Flat Correction Before 110 Resistance
- GBP/USD – Pound Looking to Test Key 1.30 Level
- Powell: Fed Will Fight Next Recession with Aggressive QE; Monitoring Economic Growth for Coronavirus Impact
- GBP/CAD Bullish Move as Long as the Price is Above 1.7200