AJB.L - AJ Bell plc

LSE - LSE Delayed price. Currency in GBp
384.27
-4.73 (-1.22%)
As of 1:43PM GMT. Market open.
Stock chart is not supported by your current browser
Previous close389.00
Open381.00
Bid384.00 x 0
Ask385.00 x 0
Day's range381.00 - 390.00
52-week range274.15 - 482.00
Volume467,360
Avg. volume917,433
Market cap1.575B
Beta (5Y monthly)N/A
PE ratio (TTM)51.24
EPS (TTM)7.50
Earnings date05 Dec 2019
Forward dividend & yield0.07 (1.72%)
Ex-dividend date09 Jan 2020
1y target estN/A
  • Bloomberg

    Woodford Investors Lock in Losses as Liquidation Payouts Start

    (Bloomberg) -- Want the lowdown on European markets? In your inbox before the open, every day. Sign up here.Investors trapped in Neil Woodford’s former flagship fund are finally getting some of their cash back, and getting to grips with the extent of their losses.An initial payout totaling 2.1 billion pounds ($2.7 billion) will be made this week, according to Link Fund Solutions Ltd., administrator of the LF Equity Income Fund. That’s just over half of the 3.8 billion pounds of assets the fund had under management when it was frozen in early June. Investors may recover more if buyers can be found for the hard-to-sell assets still in the fund.Woodford suspended his main fund because he couldn’t sell its holdings quickly enough to meet heavy redemption requests. In mid-October, Link decided to remove Woodford as manager and set the fund on course for liquidation. Woodford responded by announcing the closure of his investment firm.The money for this first payout, which represents 75% of the fund’s current value, was raised from selling the fund’s most liquid securities, and recovering the remaining 25% will mean selling the thinly traded assets that led Woodford to suspend redemptions as he struggled to raise cash. That won’t be a simple task, according to Ryan Hughes, head of active portfolios at AJ Bell Plc.“It is a hugely challenging task to sell the illiquid holdings in a timely fashion, and investors still remain in the dark as to how long they will have to wait for the remainder of their money, and importantly, how much they are actually likely to get back,” Hughes said in an emailed statement.BlackRock Inc. was hired to sell the fund’s holdings of publicly listed securities, while private-equity specialist PJT Park Hill was tasked with finding buyers for the hard-to-sell assets.Link has told investors individually how much money they’ll be receiving and to explain how the payment was calculated.Woodford has faced criticism after it emerged that he shared in almost 14 million pounds in dividends months before his business collapsed. He also flew to China to test investor appetite for a potential comeback, holding exploratory meetings with investors interested in early-stage assets.\--With assistance from Nishant Kumar.To contact the reporter on this story: Suzy Waite in London at swaite8@bloomberg.netTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Shelley Robinson at ssmith118@bloomberg.net, Patrick HenryFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.comSubscribe now to stay ahead with the most trusted business news source.©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

  • HL, AJB, IGG: which investing platform do I think makes the best investment?
    Fool.co.uk

    HL, AJB, IGG: which investing platform do I think makes the best investment?

    Who invests in the investors? There really is value in buying the UK companies making money every time we trade, argues Tom Rodgers.The post HL, AJB, IGG: which investing platform do I think makes the best investment? appeared first on The Motley Fool UK.

  • Is AJ Bell plc (LON:AJB) A Great Dividend Stock?
    Simply Wall St.

    Is AJ Bell plc (LON:AJB) A Great Dividend Stock?

    Today we'll take a closer look at AJ Bell plc (LON:AJB) from a dividend investor's perspective. Owning a strong...

  • What to Watch: Metro Bank CEO quits, AJ Bell's strong year, and Daily Mail profits slips
    Yahoo Finance UK

    What to Watch: Metro Bank CEO quits, AJ Bell's strong year, and Daily Mail profits slips

    A daily overview of the top business, market, and economic stories to watch in the UK, Europe, and abroad.

  • What Are Analysts Saying About The Future Of AJ Bell PLC's (LON:AJB)?
    Simply Wall St.

    What Are Analysts Saying About The Future Of AJ Bell PLC's (LON:AJB)?

    The latest earnings release AJ Bell PLC's (LON:AJB) announced in September 2018 signalled that the company benefited from a robust tailwind, leadi...

  • Is AJ Bell PLC’s (LON:AJB) P/E Ratio Really That Good?
    Simply Wall St.

    Is AJ Bell PLC’s (LON:AJB) P/E Ratio Really That Good?

    The goal of this article is to teach you how to use price to earnings ratios (P/E ratios). To keep it practical, we'll show how AJ Bell PLC's (LON:AJB) P/ERead More...

By using Yahoo, you agree that we and our partners can use cookies for purposes such as customising content and advertising. See our Privacy Policy to learn more