UK markets closed

Cherry Hill Mortgage Investment Corporation (CHMI-PB)

NYSE - NYSE Delayed price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
25.10-0.07 (-0.28%)
At close: 03:46PM EST
Sign in to post a message.
  • R
    Trading the financial market carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. Before trading, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, experience, and risk appetite.
    Like any investment, there is a possibility that you could sustain losses of some or all of your investment whilst trading. You should seek independent advice before trading if you have any doubts. A trader earns regards of market fluctuations
  • t
    So, why the big drop now? No earnings or other news
  • N
    2018 Q3 Book Value was over double what it is now.
    Go ahead and scroll down to my post, since this board's postings are few.
    We lost another $0.56 in BV from Q2 to Q3 this year.
  • E
    do you think we can reach 9.5?
  • J
    Your all going to get blind sided by a Public Offering. When was the last one? 😉
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    Cherry Hill Mortgage Inv reached a 52 Week low at 7.90
  • N
    Did anyone receive a letter to choose between cash dividend or stock for first qtr.payment?
  • C
    Canyon Traveler
    Good ER today. Net interest income up 17% year over year. Core earnings of $0.52/share. Book value of $16.80/share after large non-cash book value adjustment for MSRs. Intend to lower dividend by 15-20% similar to TWO, who's share price increased after the dividend reduction, so hopefully investors will see similar reaction.
  • t
    Cherry Hill is maintaining the quarterly dividend of .27 a share. Now if the share price can stay down so I can buy some more!
  • J
    Why the big drop today?
  • N
    Not thrilled by the core earnings, net losses all the way around, but especially the erosion of BV.
    I'm personally looking for an exit well above $10, before or after the next dividend. And because I'm a sucker for these types of stocks, an entrance back under $8.50.
  • A
    Nice article on Seeking Alpha by Scott Kennedy, who always does in depth analysis on REITS, usually NLY and AGNC. Per Scott, who rarely issues buy ratings, CHMI is a buy, as it's book value is $16.25 a share. He rates the stock a hold if it hits $14.25 and a sell if it hits it's full book value of $16.25.

    These are hardly wild recommendations. CHMI is still a screaming buy at these levels.
  • P
    Any thoughts on the next dividend?
    I'd love it if they kept it at $0.40
    But I'm thinking current value x 12% / 4 = $0.23
  • A
    Nice move above $15 recently. Still holding with a $12 cost basis.
  • V
    Varun Valmiki
    CHMI holds $1.49B in liabilities with D/E at 4.62, indicating the company may have difficulties to generate enough cash to satisfy its financial obligations. Furthermore, CHMI has a current ratio of 0.12, indicating that it has a negative working capital and may not be able to pay financial obligations when due.
  • E
    market is red and we are green! wow
  • N
    Q3 eps $0.55, the 12th straight quarter higher than the common dividend.
    $0.26 book value increase to $19.62.
    And references to book value protection in rising rate environment.
    Well done, CHMI.
  • J
    Huge volume last few days! Assuming CHMI experienced book value hit similar to ORC (25-28%), its book value should be still over $12. I think CHMI will be above $8 by this Thursday.
  • N
    Did they really need to price the offering at a dollar or more less than the current/recent share price? NSB
  • .
    One year chart is a nose dive. I have owned this for a few years and used to enjoy the 10% div I was getting based on my purchase price. I didn't really care if it went up or down a buck or two, I got the same check. I cannot help but notice the stock price now. Ready for a turn around.