UK markets open in 35 minutes

Nielsen Holdings plc (NLSN)

NYSE - NYSE Delayed price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
27.87+0.15 (+0.54%)
At close: 04:00PM EDT
27.87 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 04:30PM EDT

Yahoo Finance will soon be upgrading our Conversations message board platform to provide a better experience for our users. Only comments published since April 21, 2021 will be visible on Yahoo Finance after the upgrade. If you wish to download and save any of your older comments, please submit a request via the Privacy Dashboard by no later than Sept. 30.

Sign in to post a message.
  • S
    Shirley
    Only those who are wise will maximise the advantage in the inflation on crypto market because the higher the coin the higher the profit CONTACT Mrs Jessica Esmeralda for guidance on (Wha..tsta>pp)>@+1 (405) 768-6188
  • S
    Sophia
    Buying crypto/stocks does not ensure profit always for you, the market price determines your profit. stop making profit depending on the market price, reach out to FX Pamela E. Anderson on Face💬book and also Whats👤App ⏩ +1 470 - 567 - 6125 for a guide to a professional trader
  • L
    Luke
    Buying crypto/stocks does not ensure profit always for you, the market price determines your profit. stop making profit depending on the market price, reach out to FX Pamela E. Anderson on Face💬book and also Whats👤App ⏩ +1 470 - 567 - 6125 for a guide to a professional trader
  • J
    James
    I lost most of my trades lately I was lucky enough to come across Mr ElonBuffett,I am grateful for how much he had helped me recover all that I have lost, I work with progress. @contact him via Wh**atsApp +1 (503) 877‑4842 with the trading strategy given to me by Mr Elon Buffett
    His methods are top notch and profitable and He can also be contacted on
    te~le-gram~~ @ElonBuffett
  • V
    Victoria
    i Am a living beneficiary of Nancy Moore Garcia daily signals, i must say the outcome has been so profitable.
  • A
    Abigail
    Since I joined Mrs Luna Gianna I never witnessed any losse... success has so far has been my trade with her, she is really a good and expert trader and a reliable woman thanks very much Ma'ma for the honesty
  • W
    WB
    A lot tears tomorrow, August 9th. Some tears of joy and some of sorrow.
  • N
    NAKAJI
    I am sick of all the spam on yahoo! I actually try to stay off of the NLSN message board now and exclusively use (http://Themaxgains.tech)
  • T
    The Real Blake
    I believe the deal is going through.

    Even if this initial vote fails, the buyers will switch to a tender offer and then the deal will complete.

    Options are completely illiquid. Aside from selling the August straddle (combined with some long stock), I am not sure what you can do with the options right now. I tried to pick up a few call spreads, but cannot get a good fill. I had a few calls spreads from before, and I have added a few more shares of stock.

    If the initial vote fails, then the stock will drop by about $3, and this will present an even better opportunity. I have a feeling, however, that the initial vote will go through.

    WindAcre has every reason to vote yes. They are not stupid. They are probably buying shares every day right up until the vote. They want to talk down the price, while buying up the shares.

    Here is an interesting twist. WindAcre votes no. Stock drops a few bucks. Then WindAcre buys a bunch more shares. Then WindAcre sells their all shares in a tender offer.
  • r
    roberta
    Amazing I assume WindAcres is soaking up more cheap shares with an astonishing 24% profit when it changes its mind just before the vote. The only risk to the hedge fund is that the buyer could call it off.
  • r
    roberta
    As expected
  • W
    Wride
    I just got a tip about NLSN from (http://traderspot.club). What do you guys think?
  • r
    roberta
    By selling in panic you are playing right into WindAcre hand giving them dirt cheap shares which they will cash in next week for 20% or more profit. There is no way that they will vote no and risk the buyer walking. If they do this they may well risk kissing their hedge fund goodbye. I will be buying tomorrow. Think about it.
  • A
    Ari
    Roberta, why the sell off after hours? Anything new going on?
  • T
    The Real Blake
    The vote is on August 9th.

    WindAcre will likely oppose the vote. That means the vote will fail.

    But it won't really fail.

    Management has a simple plan B option in place.

    The $28 can be converted to an offer to individual shareholders.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobeccles/2022/04/20/nielsen-and-the-windacre-partnership-a-nostalgic-tale-of-a-corporate-raider-and-private-equity-white-knights/

    I think $28 is highly likely, by the end of the year at the latest.

    The stock price should be higher.
  • r
    roberta
    Bought I hope I am right. GLTL
  • V
    Vin
    This has been a painfully slow process. If the deal goes through, then it will be several more months to implement. At the earliest, 2023, before consolidation of the ranks, layoffs, and looking to improve efficiencies.
  • A
    Alvaro
    I hope Windacre says no and the stock falls...I can buy more and wait for the tender...