No matching results for ''
Tip: Try a valid symbol or a specific company name for relevant results
Work & Management
UK Markets closed
Synchrony Financial (SYF-PA)
NYSE - Nasdaq Real-time price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
At close: 3:59PM EDT
743 reactions on $SYF-PA conversation
Sign in to post a message.
I don’t know how I ever traded without using (
)! I look forward to their daily emails each morning that list pre-market movers based on thoroughly researched stock market and world news. I highly recommend anyone who invests in the stock market!
"Sell us your stock at $5 below market" - Love, TRC
Synchrony Financial announced today that it received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer by TRC Capital Corporation (TRC) to purchase up to 2.5 million shares of Synchrony's common stock at a price of $47.00 per share in cash. The offering price is 4.47 percent below the closing price per share of Synchrony's common stock on August 20, 2021, the last trading day before the offer was commenced. The offer is for approximately 0.44% of the outstanding shares of Synchrony's common stock.
Meaty volume today
Why is this is so ridiculously cheap? Because interest rates are low/money still flowing to sexy tech plays with negative eps and horrendous cash burn and margins? HF algo trading because it's 99% institutionally owned? Mediocre management? Any ideas? I know float is 500M but they have huge margins, FCF, no need for offerings. Why aren't they buying back shares, making acquisitions, increase div? They got some upgrades recently -- where do you see this eoy? Is 55-60 reasonable? Seems dirt cheap, what am I missing
what happened after hours?
Warren Buffet is the King and he owns 20 million shares of SYF.
Still a good buy at 46!!
Saturday, July 17, 2021 -- It looks like a large number of Synchrony Financial's customer service websites for their store clients are offline. No account balance lookups; no downloading of customer statements; no payments accepted online; no new online applications... And their telephone service lines are backlogged as a consequence.
Here is the canned statement that I have seen at the "manage your credit card" websites that are maintained by Synchrony at JC Penney / Lowes / Belks / Paypal / Verizon / Care Card:
"Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues, limiting our self-service capabilities.
In addition, our call centers are experiencing long wait times.
We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later.
Thank you for being a valued customer."
I do not think that SYF will have a fun time when they release their quarterly earnings statement for shareholders in a few days from now.
Great earnings, bullish
You have to admit - genius move to hook up with Amazon. Metrics of that action is irrelevant. Opens up a myriad of possibilities for this company. BULLISH.
This is a $60-70 stock this year easily and I'm looking for triple digits within 2 years. When you look at the investment thesis with this stock, the list goes on and on.
1. It's breaking out of a 3 year pattern where it found resistance at the same level we are now in arguably the best shape it has ever been in.
2. The stock and financials in general has underperformed the market for too long. It doesn't matter what percent its up from November, relative to the market it still has a long way to go.
3. The stock is tied in with the economic recovery and especially the consumer, providing loans and credit to every single sector. As consumer credit improves and stimulus helps bridge the gap the company will only generate more revenue.
4. As the company is extremely tied in with the consumer, it had to hold tons of money for reserve, even more than J.P. Morgan and Goldman. As credit and the consumer improve, just think about how much cash they can release back into their operations.
5. Synchrony Financial is clearly shareholder friendly, looking to boost the value of the people truly believe in the company with the 1.6 Million buyback. Additionally, when they release their reserve money, look for them to buyback even more stock as it trades extremely cheaply.
6. Just look at the 10 Y T-Bill, all financials will benefit from rising rates.
7. Unlike many financial stocks, Synchrony actually focused on establishing organic growth for the company post-pandemic. The Venmo card it launched with PayPal essentially links it with the largest virtual bank and the millions of customers PayPal has. This provides a nice runway for double digit growth in the next 2-3 years and sustained single digit growth following that.
8. A majority of the stores who issue cards with Synchrony have contracts with it extending past 2025. We know for certain that this thing is going to be a cash cow till at least 2025.
9. The only things that will stop this stock is if either the consumer doesn't recover fully or the economic growth we are going to see for the next 2-3 years stalls and hits a wall. I significantly doubt both. With all the stimulus in the market and the surprisingly positive February jobs report, we are heading to one of the strongest consumers we have seen. Furthermore, an accommodative Fed that would that sell their soul to achieve the employment rate that they wish should dispel any fear of a weak consumer. The more likely outcome for some of these financial, energy, and industrial stocks is if economic growth stall and would likely lead to a sell-off. Then stock picking will be very important, and if you own this one, you're going to be in a good spot.
One more thing, I see that a lot of people were talking about firms upgrading the stock and giving price targets, that doesn't matter. What are they going to do if the stock runs to $60, downgrade it? The thing trades near 9 times forward earnings and PEG of just under 0.4. Forget about what these firms say, everyone who is in this stock is a smart investor, not one of these reddit investors who could care less about valuations and fundamental analysis. Stick with your gut and believe in your pick. Sit back and enjoy the ride with this one, its going to be a nice 4-5 years with this stock.
Guys any thoughts on the react price actions. I'm still long, and will continue to be unless something like fraud happens in the company, I'm pretty confident. Just some weird stuff going on. Stock didn't participate when bonds rallied up to 1.7 something and instead has been correcting. I assume this correction will actually be beneficial. Many funds, especially momentum funds, have to rebalance next week and I think this recent move from 42.50 to 39 is just giving these guys a better entry point. Still maintain my price target of somewhere between $60 and $70 by the end of the year.
cost per share 14.4-19.8 = -5.4 , so they give you five bucks when you buy this share and it earns five dollars a year. It is a good day to be alive and looking for deals. I'd love to put my whole portfolio in this but there so much else that is a fantastic deal. Come what may this will be harder and harder to beat as the best deal on the street.
I am laughing in buying this business that will generate profits for years to come with increase interest charges if people is out of work temporarily. The interest charge from the increase that will well offset any loan loss provision.
Maybe 35 going toward 40 once the hedge funds and institutional traders chime in
earnings coming out soon - hoping for a large share repurchase to be announced with the capital freed up from reserves for the Walmart portfolio sale. I think up to 6B will be available over the next few qtrs.and the board was exploring options during the last conference call
Warren Buffett seems to have increased stake in SYF! Bullish!
Warren Buffett may add to the position. Just like American Express, when it walk away from the Costco account cause profit margin is low, AMX tanks to 50-55, look at where AMX is today. Winning and losing accounts are part of the business, great management can adjust the actions accordingly. I am bullish on SYF , partly because WB team, partly because consumer spending is on the rise.
Shares short doubled in 1 month? Not sure I would be shorting this with 4B buyback in place - not much to gain and plenty to lose if they are on the wrong side IMHO
'Tell me about yourself' — How much personal information should you provide in a job interview?
Yahoo Finance UK
10 days to avoid Christmas disruption, warn retailers amid driver shortages
PA Media: Money
Shapps defends foreign HGV driver plan and blames haulage group for fuel queues
© 2021 Verizon Media. All rights reserved.
About our ads