UK markets closed
  • FTSE 100

    7,027.58
    +59.28 (+0.85%)
     
  • FTSE 250

    22,883.39
    +206.11 (+0.91%)
     
  • AIM

    1,232.54
    +4.45 (+0.36%)
     
  • GBP/EUR

    1.1675
    -0.0013 (-0.11%)
     
  • GBP/USD

    1.3754
    -0.0013 (-0.10%)
     
  • BTC-GBP

    24,984.90
    +298.24 (+1.21%)
     
  • CMC Crypto 200

    786.33
    -7.40 (-0.93%)
     
  • S&P 500

    4,411.79
    +44.31 (+1.01%)
     
  • DOW

    35,061.55
    +238.20 (+0.68%)
     
  • CRUDE OIL

    72.17
    +0.26 (+0.36%)
     
  • GOLD FUTURES

    1,802.10
    -3.30 (-0.18%)
     
  • NIKKEI 225

    27,548.00
    +159.80 (+0.58%)
     
  • HANG SENG

    27,321.98
    -401.86 (-1.45%)
     
  • DAX

    15,669.29
    +154.75 (+1.00%)
     
  • CAC 40

    6,568.82
    +87.23 (+1.35%)
     

How does the 95% mortgage scheme work?

The 95% mortgage scheme is back this year after being stopped almost completely during the pandemic. With this scheme, you pay 5% of the value of the house in your deposit, and the remaining 95% is what you borrow. For example, if the house you want to go for is the average £260,000, you would pay £13,000 for your deposit, and borrow the remaining £247,000.
This is specifically for residential, not buy-to-let properties, and the value of the home has to be up to £600,000, whether it is a new-build or an existing property. Remember that you also need to factor in other costs on top of your deposit- the solicitor’s fees, surveillance costs and stamp duty fees also need to be considered in your budget when you go to buy a house.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting