Summary Diabetic macular edema (DME) is the leaking of blood vessels into the macula, located in the center of the retina, which consequently becomes swollen due to accumulation of excess fluid and results in impaired vision or even blindness.
New York, Oct. 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Diabetic Macular Edema Market Size and Trend Report including Epidemiology and Pipeline Analysis, Competitor Assessment, Unmet Needs, Clinical Trial Strategies and Forecast, 2021-2031" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06325945/?utm_source=GNW
The loss of central vision can negatively impact patient’s quality of life as everyday tasks such as reading, writing, driving, and recognizing faces and other objects becomes increasingly challenging.
Major drivers of growth in the DME market during the forecast period include the following -
- The launches of longer-acting anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) therapies to treat patients with DME
- The launches of therapies with mechanisms of action which are new to the DME space.
- An increase in the number of people with DME, in line with the growth of the diabetic population.
- Major barriers to growth in the DME market during the forecast period will include the following:
- Products that are due to lose exclusivity within the forecast period, and the subsequent launch of biosimilars
- Numerous anti-VEGF therapies on the market and in late-stage pipeline.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key unmet needs in DME? What do KOLs identify as the key unmet needs? Will the products in the current pipeline fill these unmet needs?
- What were the key DME treatments in 2021?
- When will the late stage pipeline products launch, and how will it affect drug sales and the overall DME market in the 7MM?
- DME market will grow significantly during the forecast period, at a CAGR of 8.2%.
- Late-stage pipeline therapies are anticipated to drive growth in the DME market.
- Reducing treatment burden is an important unmet need for DME.
- Overview of DME - including epidemiology, disease etiology and management.
- Topline DME drugs market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and anticipated sales for major late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Key topics covered include assessment of marketed and pipeline therapies, unmet needs, current and future players and market outlook for the US, 5EU and Japan over the 10-year forecast period.
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global DME therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers and barriers.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DME therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global DME market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global DME therapeutics market from 2021-2031.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06325945/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001