‘Major Depressive Disorder—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Major Depressive Disorder, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
New York, Aug. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Major Depressive Disorder- Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast -2030" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129781/?utm_source=GNW
The Major Depressive Disorder market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Major Depressive Disorder symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Major Depressive Disorder symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
Study Period: 2018–2030
Major Depressive Disorder Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Major Depressive Disorder Overview
Major depressive disorder is a serious medical illness that disrupts a person’s mood, behavior, thought processes, apart from degrading physical health. MDD does not have a single cause and can be triggered, or it may occur spontaneously without being associated with a life crisis, physical illness or other risks.
In addition to the immediate symptoms of depression, MDD results in poor quality of life overall decreased productivity and can increase mortality from suicide. Social difficulties, including stigma, loss of employment, and marital conflict resulting from depression, can also occur. Anxiety Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and substance misuse are common co-occurring conditions that may worsen the existing depression and complicate treatment. Depression is considered a largely biological illness but can result from genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors. Trauma, loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger depression, but depression can also occur without an obvious trigger.
It is diagnosed when an individual has a persistently low or depressed mood, anhedonia or decreased interest in pleasurable activities, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, lack of energy, poor concentration, appetite changes, psychomotor retardation or agitation, sleep disturbances, or suicidal thoughts. As per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (DSM-5), an individual must have five of the symptoms mentioned above, of which one must be a depressed mood or anhedonia causing social or occupational impairment, to be diagnosed with MDD.
Major Depressive Disorder Diagnosis and Treatment
The treatment strategies for depression consist of pharmacological and non-pharmacological options, including psychotherapy, electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation. When the patient prefers psychotherapy, one of the following evidence-based interventions can be offered based on patient preference and availability: Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Behavioral therapy/behavioral activation (BT/BA), Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and Problem-solving therapy (PST). Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (except fluvoxamine), Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor are major classes of therapies prescribed to MDD patients
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the Major Depressive Disorder market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States.
The Major Depressive Disorder market report thoroughly understands Major Depressive Disorder symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Major Depressive Disorder symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Major Depressive Disorder symptoms in the 7MM.
Major Depressive Disorder Epidemiology
The epidemiology division’s Major Depressive Disorder symptoms provide insights into the historical and current patient pool and the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of The report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Major Depressive Disorder epidemiology segmented as the 12 months prevalent cases of Major Depressive Disorder, Gender-specific prevalent case of Major Depressive Disorder, Severity-specific prevalent cases of Major Depressive Disorder and Relapsed/refractory cases of Major Depressive Disorder. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Major Depressive Disorder symptoms in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country Wise- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total prevalent cases of Major Depressive Disorder in the 7MM were 43,845,330 in 2020.
Major Depressive Disorder Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Major Depressive Disorder report encloses the detailed analysis of Major Depressive Disorder marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Major Depressive Disorder clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Psychotherapy has been shown to affect depression, including attenuating depressive symptoms and improving quality of life. Therefore, several practice guidelines are increasingly recommending psychotherapy as a monotherapy or in combination with antidepressants.
Products detail in the report…
Major Depressive Disorder Emerging Drugs
AXS-05 (dextromethorphan-bupropion) is a novel, oral, patent-protected, investigational NMDA receptor antagonist with multimodal activity under development to treat the major depressive disorder and another central nervous system (CNS) disorders. AXS-05 utilizes a proprietary formulation and dose of dextromethorphan and bupropion and Axsome’s metabolic inhibition technology to modulate the delivery of the components. The US Food and Drug Administration has accepted company’s New Drug Application for AXS-05 for the treatment of the major depressive disorder and has granted the application Priority Review.
Major Depressive Disorder Market Outlook
The Major Depressive Disorder market outlook of the report helps build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Major Depressive Disorder market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Major Depressive Disorder market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on an annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to clearly view the market at first sight.
According to the analyst, the Major Depressive Disorder market in the 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2018–2030.
This section includes a glimpse of the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market in 7MM. The market size of MDD in the seven major markets was USD 3,960.6 million in 2020, and the market is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 8.91% for the study period (2018–2030).
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides a total of Major Depressive Disorder market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The pipeline scenario is showing early promise with several therapeutic candidates at different stages of clinical development. Many new therapies for Major Depressive Disorder are in development, many of which have novel targets and better safety and efficacy profiles. The expected entry of LY03005 and AXS-05 will boost market growth during the forecast period.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan: Market Outlook
The total Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Major Depressive Disorder Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers Major Depressive Disorder market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and drug sales.
This helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows comparing the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Major Depressive Disorder Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II and Phase III stage. It also analyses Major Depressive Disorder key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Products detail in the report…
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Major Depressive Disorder emerging therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Major Depressive Disorder domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or the Major Depressive Disorder market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the market’s overall scenario and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Major Depressive Disorder Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Major Depressive Disorder, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Major Depressive Disorder epidemiology and treatment in the United States
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Major Depressive Disorder is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
• A detailed review of Major Depressive Disorder market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the United States
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Major Depressive Disorder market
• In the coming years, Major Depressive Disorder market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Major Depressive Disorder R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for Major Depressive Disorder. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Major Depressive Disorder market
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Major Depressive Disorder.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Major Depressive Disorder Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Major Depressive Disorder Pipeline Analysis
• Major Depressive Disorder Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Major Depressive Disorder Report Key Strengths
• 10-year Forecast
• The United States Coverage
• Epidemiology Segmentation
• Drugs Uptake
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Market Size by Country
• Market Size by Therapy
Major Depressive Disorder Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Emerging Drug Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) Market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
• What are the market’s key findings across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market size during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
• What would be the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
• What would be the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• What is the historical Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Major Depressive Disorder(MDD) in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) and Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for treating Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• What are the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, safety, efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development to treat Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
• What are the global historical and forecasted market of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)?
Reasons to buy
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market
• To understand the future market competition in the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Major Depressive Disorder(MDD) in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Major Depressive Disorder(MDD) market
• To understand the future market competition in the Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) market
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129781/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001